You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kaitu Burasu

Kaitu Burasu

D-rank
Mission:

It was early morning when I arrived at the mission assignment desk to receive orders for the day. I had gotten pretty routine missions lately and was expecting another delivery or public service work. I went up to a special jonin I had gotten somewhat familiar with as he handed me a manila envelope with today's mission details. I thanked him and opened the thin brown packet as I walked away. I began reading as soon as I had navigated out of the building and activated my Buragan. I really hated how I had to expend chakra to read, but it wasn't like a higher-up could verbally explain every menil mission to me.

Last night, a number of valuable items were stolen from a Lord and Lady Kironu, most notably an emerald necklace...

My heart jumped. What was this? This was my first mission apprehending an actual criminal! I quickly scanned the rest of the briefing for more information.

...The necklace has been in the Lord's family for many generations, and has been in the news recently due to its arrival from the The Land of Iron just a few days prior. You are tasked with finding an apprehending the persons responsible for the theft of these items, and recovering the items themselves. A picture of the necklace has been included in the envelope for identification purposes.

I saw that there was, in fact, a picture included. The necklace had green gems and was very ornate.
The Kironus were very well known in Konoha, as were there dwellings. I decided that I would stop by there first, to interrogate them.

I arrived at the mansion within the hour, and was about to knock on the front doors when I realized something crucial. I was only twelve years old. Even if I was a ninja, people like this would never take me seriously. I had to make myself look more...mature. I decided to use the image of the personage I often thought I would look exactly like when I grew older, and used the transformation jutsu. A twinge of sadness registered on my face as I looked down to inspect myself, but it rapidly subsided. I knocked on the door, and a well-groomed man soon opened the door.

"Hello," he greeted, "Are you here regarding the stolen property?"

He had an aura about him that seemed to command respect and power. Combined that he was very well dressed, I hazarded a guess that this was Lord Kironu.

"Yes sir," I responded. I had to make sure to deepen my voice, but the transformation jutsu had already disguised me decently well.

"Well then, won't you come in?"

I entered the beautifully furnished house and was soon greeted by the lady of the household, Lady Kironu. She had been the one in charge of the safe arrival of the necklace, and she was very distraught. The transfer was complete, but now it had been stolen. The thief had broken in through a window, and exited through the very same. It didn't look professional, but I really had no place to judge. Still, it seemed weird somehow. I talked to the victims and came to the reasonable conclusion that the thief would try to fence the items as quickly as possible in case he got caught. The item was still hot but the gens could easily be cut and the silver melted down. Though, it would be more expensive if left intact, it would be harder to find a buyer. It just depended on who he knew. I thanked them and left.

Given that it looked like amateur work, I decided that cutting the gems was the more likely of the outcomes. That meant that it would have to be done quickly to make it harder to trace.

Wordcount: 642/1000

Jutsu used:
Transformation Technique:
Buragan:

Chakra: 125/150

Kaitu Burasu

Kaitu Burasu

D-rank
Given that this was my first time in a mission like this, I really had no idea what to do next. I was honestly kinda surprised my instincts had gotten me this far. I knew I had to act quickly, but the question was: How to act? I decided that the best course of action was to reflect on the little I had to determine the most efficient next move.

I went home and sat down on my bed. My mother, on a schedule of night missions, as most Burasu were, was sound asleep. I hopped on my bed and started to meditate. I cleared my mind, listening to the sounds of the city outside. It was nice, and I smiled to myself. Where would a drop to a fence happen? The scene was too sloppy to be done by bandits or rogue ninja, so the culprit would probably want to stay in the city, for fear of the prior two taking his newly acquired possession. They would hopefully do the transaction at night, so I would search then.

Before I laid down for a quick rest, preparing for tonight, I made a list of probable drop locations.

When I woke up, it was just approaching sundown. It was a much shorter rest than I had planned, but my nerves had gotten the better of me. I opened my bedroom window and jumped out. I would head for the nearby construction site first, which I figured for a likely spot if no one was working it. When I arrived, the sun had just set. The men and women there had been working for most of the day, and it seemed as if the shifts were changing. I looked for any suspicious activity, but no one seemed nervous or suspicious. I made a mental note of everyone there before I headed out to the Village Docks, another likely spot for shady dealings.

I ran across the rooftops of Konoha, a city I considered especially wonderful at night. I think that was just because everything looked better to me at night, but the quiet helped my mood as well.

I perched on the tallest nearby building as I scanned the surrounding area. Nothing. I was going to wait here for a couple more hours so I sat down as I kept my eyes vigilant. It was actually my ears, however, that picked up a strange sound below me about an hour later. I looked down, careful to keep out of sight, and saw what appeared to be a dock worker walking below me. I was about to dismiss it when I realized how weird it was that a worker would be out this late at night. I decided to tail him.

After a short walk, he ventured right into a warehouse. I went to the top to look inside via a high window. He walked inside a room, and didn't leave for quite a while. I was about to try to sneak in when he exited the room carrying a flashlight. He patrolled the building once, then went back inside. He had just been a night guard. I panicked. What if I had missed the hand-off? I ran back across, but paused when I saw a woman waiting at the end of the dock. Now, that was stranger than a dock worker late at night. I sat on a rooftop and watched as a man approached her. The man looked very nervous, but the woman was keeping her cool. The man looked around, then pulled something out of his jacket pocket, in the most stereotypically suspicious way possible. If this was seriously the trade off, it would be the greatest case of deus ex machina I had ever experienced. Luckily for me, I saw the necklace in the man's hands. I wasn't actually that far away, and it was decently clear that this was in fact the necklace I was looking for.

Excited, I rushed in. The woman looked genuinely surprised as I ran towards them brandishing a kunai. The trade still hadn't been made, but the woman jumped across a boat to the next dock. The man was frozen in fear. I guessed that this was the thief. He stood in a defensive stance as I rushed up to him. I needed to get him on land. Or... I could get him in the water. I preformed a genjutsu on him, making the dock seem longer than it actually was. I then started pressing him, and to my hidden pleasure, he started backing up, thinking he had more than enough room behind him. It was actually a fairly close match. I was able to dodge his attacks, but I could tell there was strength behind them. Even when I could land a quick cut, it really wasn't doing anything to him. I looked down. He was almost at the edge. I went down for a low kick, and he stepped back, losing his balance at the edge of the dock. As he was falling, I attempted to grab his leg. This was enough to make him fall, but my pull had landed him on the dock. I put my kunai to his neck to prevent him from getting up, but he seemed defeated.

"Please!" he pleaded, "I need this money. Things haven't been easy, and it's tough to find work. I had no other choice!" He pulled out a bag. I quickly checked inside. It contained the necklace along with the other items he stole.

"Here, take it! Just let me go! It's hard enough fending for myself, but I've got a family to feed. Please! I need to care for my wife and kids. They're all I have left and I'm all they have left!"

I started to genuinely fell bad for this guy. I didn't exactly trust his story, but judging by his ragged appearance, he probably wasn't in the best of situations.

As I steeled myself to arrest him, he used my hesitation to knock me back into the water. I managed not to fall in as I sent chakra to my hands and feet. He picked back up the bag I had dropped and started to book it. I ran alongside the dock and managed to catch up to him just as he set foot on the concrete. I chased him past the docks and into the forest.

Perfect, I thought. I slinked underground, caught up, and pulled him underneath with me. I rose back up and saw him stuck with dirt up to his neck. Before he could say another word, I kicked him hard enough to knock him out. I winced. That was probably a little too harsh.

I dragged him out and to the police station along with the stolen goods, after I had accounted for the presence of them all. I walked back to my house and sat down on my bed.

I just took down a criminal.

Jutsu used:
Supernatural Walking Practice:
Double Suicide Decapitation Technique:

EXIT THREAD

Wordcount: 1179+642=1821

Mission=-1000
Speed: D1->D2= -400
Endurance: D1->D2= -400

Ryo Earned: 200
Training costs: -100
New Amount to Add: 100 Ryo

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.