You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Yoichi Uchiha

Yoichi Uchiha

D-rank
The Library. A place of solitude and a place for an intellectual. Yoichi came here to relax some times, when he had nothing better to do. The great thing about this library, though, was that some people played Shogi. And all he needed to do to relax was listen to the clacking of the tiles on the boards. He liked the echo is made, it was calming, relaxing. He rarely ever played anyone. The people here weren't at his skill level, and quickly became frustrated from losing all the time. Some people challenged him purely to observe his technique in action, but lately, Yoichi had taken to simply reading a book and watching the matches. Most libraries were quiet, but this one was not. At least not here.

Yoichi was actually simply wasting some time at the moment. He watched a couple of new players attempting to play, and they were being taught by one of the more senior regulars here. Koratsu Foon, an elderly gentleman who spent almost all of his time here. Yoichi and Koratsu had actually played Shogi quite a few times together, as that man was one of the few who was willing to play Yoichi multiple times. He wasn't in it to win, simply to have a conversation, and pass on his wisdom, garnered in his long life. If Yoichi could be said to have a soft spot for any one person, perhaps it would be the old man. He'd been as much a father to Yoichi as anyone could have been. They knew each other for a long time.

Upon becoming an orphan, Yoichi didn't have much to do. He wasn't a shinobi, he hadn't gone to the academy, and he didn't care about training at that time. However, he did spend a lot of his time reading, at the library. Koratsu was always playing Shogi, and Yoichi's tactically based mind led him to find some large measure of interest. It was Koratsu that showed Yoichi how to play Shogi, and he was one of the few people to have been able to beat Yoichi at it when he started to play. He'd helped Yoichi develop his mind for tactics. And he perhaps knew Yoichi better than any other living person. Lately, Yoichi had been coming here and stopped playing shogi, but he watched, and read silently. Anyone who frequented the library had seen the young man, and odd sight, with his eye patch and scar, simply reading quietly and observing the world. Not many people talked to him, but he didn't seem to mind his solitude. Today was one such day.

WC: 438
TWC: 438

Tsu-chan

Tsu-chan

D-rank
"Going to the library~ To look up some plants and things~♪!" The young green haired girl had just arrived at the library entrance, singing an improvised melody about exactly what she going to do. Which was to go to the library to research some plants in hopes of developing a Vine style Mokuton jutsu all her own. Her father had been away two weeks already and the young girl had been working on a way to surprise him on his return home from this certain mission. Of course, his returning times always varied and were never scheduled, just as his leaving for missions, but this was exactly why the young shinobi couldn't waste her time. 

Gotta be quiet now. She ordered herself as she entered the library. She turned and waved high to the librarian and made her way through the big shelves of books. She walked past a few old people playing shogi, she just smiled politely and kept as quiet as she could. The young green haired girl herself didn't know how to play, but she had remembered a few times her father playing with her grandfather. Tsu just figured it a complicated game for smart people. Hm, maybe if she learned how to play shogi then her father could be impressed! The thought crossed her mind, maybe this library would be good for not just learning new jutsus but learning a new game to play. 

She turned further into the quiet library, accompanied by the few sounds of shogi peices hitting their boards. As for right now, she still needed to focus on her original intentions. She appeared in a row of books, mainly history related subjects, but looking up she saw one titled Botanical History of the Land Fire. Botanical... That means plants! She smiled at finding her objective so quickly, but it was also unfortunate that the book happened to be a shelf just outside of the girl's reach. 

I can reach that. I can totally reach that! The green haired girl went on her tip toes, her hand reaching out to the book just out of reach. Just a little more, the tips of her fingers about to reach the shelf and...they did! But.. "Ah!" She also lost her balance, thus bringing down several books with her as she fell on to the ground. 

"Ow..."  Tsu rubbed her head, as a book binding had fallen on top of it. Several more books had clattered to the ground next to her and lay scattered about. She looked up, for the first time noticing another library patron who probably had just witnessed the whole incident. He had dark hair and an eye patch. He was young, but still older than her, probably in his teens already. On his face there was also a scar, it gave him a scary appearance, but he seemed to have no malevolence about him. "Uh... Sorry." She gave an embarrassed smile to the raven haired teen.

~499~

Yoichi Uchiha

Yoichi Uchiha

D-rank
Yoichi looked up from his book as there was suddenly a loud noise. One that wasn't to do with a Shogi board. It happened more often than one would think. Someone would get angry about losing matches, and overturn one of their boards, stomping out of the library rather loudly. But no, this wasn't that sort of noise. This was the noise of a bunch of books falling. Yoichi actually couldn't help but smile. This girl hadn't meant to cause a commotion, and was here obviously for some knowledge, so he already had a bit of a soft spot for one who would further their own pursuit of knowledge.

Closing his book, Yoichi stood up and made his way over to the young girl, starting to help her pick up some of the books. As he leaned over, his forehead protector swing freely from his neck, revealing him to be a shinobi of Konoha. "Tried to reach a little bit too high? Happens more often than you'd think. I'm Yoichi. Yoichi Uchiha." he said, offering a small smile. There was no reason to have any enmity towards this person, and it did do to have some friends among the shinobi of Konoha. After all, it afforded him the opportunity to assess people's skills and powers, as well as get to know who was and who wasn't a potential ally.

"There's no need to apologize. Accidents do happen. Although, you should be more careful next time, Miss..." he left off what he was saying, giving her the chance to offer an introduction. He may not have much in the way of emotions and actually feeling anything, but he was polite none the less. He took a quick look at the names of the books he was picking up, to see what sort of book she may have been grabbing. The only one that looked like it had any merit was one named Botanical History of the Land Fire.. Interesting. It seemed this one was interested in plants. Perhaps she was some sort of botanist. They liked to know which sort of plants were around. Although, perhaps this person was a medic, and needed to know certain herbs and such that the Village had for some medicinal purposes. Or perhaps she was a member of the Senju clan, honored and revered for their control of plants and wood jutsu.

WC: 401
TWC: 839

Tsu-chan

Tsu-chan

D-rank

As soon as the green haired girl apologized, the raven haired teen closed his book and kindly went down to her side to help pick up the scattered books. "Tried to reach a little bit too high? Happens more often than you'd think. I'm Yoichi. Yoichi Uchiha."  

Uchiha A name the small green haired girl had definitely heard before. And the raven haired teen before her surely appeared like a member of that small yet notorious clan. She only nodded back and clumsily picked up books with him. Though at first he might’ve appeared scary, with an eye patch and scar and all, his words were very polite. His konoha forehead protector swung loosely from around his neck, it reminded Tsu of the way her father wore his.

"There's no need to apologize. Accidents do happen. Although, you should be more careful next time, Miss..." Yoichi trailed off, waiting for the green haired girl to reply. Of course since he had introduced himself he was waiting for her, and it was definitely impolite of herself to not give him a name back.

”Uh…Tsuru Shokubutsusou!” She smiled brightly. With his help most of the books were already back on the shelf. And now her original objective remained, The Botanical History of the Land of Fire. The earlier thought of her father made her more determined than ever to get working on a new jutsu, though truthfully she really didn’t know where to begin.

She turned back to the Uchiha with a grateful bow. ”Ah! Thank you so much for your help, Mister Uchiha. I’ve always been kinda clumsy so accidents happen a lot. I mean I try to be careful but sometimes things just fall over or I fall over or other people fall over around me and I don't mean for things to happen like that. “  Her first finger was tapping on her chin as she explained her klutziness, while saying the words out loud made herself wonder why she was so.  At any rate the young genin felt slightly guilty for making the Uchiha help her pick up all the books, so she showed him her reason for the accident in the first place, the book about plants.

”Well… I’m sorry again for having you help me. But I was trying to look up some maybe medical plants ‘cause I wanted to develop my own jutsu to impress my dad before he got home from his mission.” Her sheepish grin came along with a blush of red at her cheeks. ”I’m part of the senju clan so I know Mokuton and I figured since I’m a medical nin too I could try and make a medical plant er… wood jutsu.” The green haired girl’s brow slightly furrowed at her own explanation, the way she said it only seemed to confuse herself.

~484/983~ 

OOC So sorry for the wait. I had some personal issues that prevented me from being active.

Yoichi Uchiha

Yoichi Uchiha

D-rank
OOC: Oh no problems ^_^ I figured something like that. Welcome back, I'll have a post up soon.

Yoichi Uchiha

Yoichi Uchiha

D-rank
Yoichi thought over the name of the girl. Tsuru Shokubutsusou, certainly a lengthy one to say the least. It was a mouthful, so he wouldn't likely forget it. But it did, however, answer the question he had in his mind. He recognized the name as one of the branch families of the Senju clan. He smiled once more as she began to speak some more, explaining her clumsiness. Apparantly, she'd always been like that, falling over, or knocking things over, bringing things down with her. Not exactly a good quality for a shinobi, but then again, she was still a kid. Eventually, she'd improve in skill and gracefulness, if she lived long enough to do so. In this world of relative peace though, there was little danger of someone dying so untimely a death as of late. Perhaps a few years ago, but this girl would be too young to fully remember the tragedy of war.

She affirmed his thoughts by explaining she was a Senju, and that she was here in order to help develop a technique utilizing medical ninjutsu and mokuton. Certainly an interesting concept in and of itself, and she was doing so of her own volition, to impress her father. It was too bad this girl was so nice. It meant she was perhaps a goody goody. Perhaps if Lady Risu's eventual rise to power went over smoothly, she'd be an interesting ally."Like I said, there's no need to apologize. I truly don't mind. You're here in the pursuit of knowledge, and despite any hiccups along the road, it's a path many shinobi don't always take. The fact that you are developing your own jutsu is great. Medical Mokuton could really help out. I'm actually interested in such a development. Why don't you tell me a little bit more on your thoughts on it? I'm not a medical ninja, but I am a bit of an intellectual and a small time scientist." he said.

His intentions were also somewhat placed on the senju, due in part to the nature of her kekkai genkai. Herbs and such were great ways to natural balance out synthetic creations. With the Venom Serum he'd taken to experiment on, Yoichi had been looking for ways to improve it. A senju using medical ninjutsu might be just such the person to help in this case. Although perhaps unwittingly helping him. Yoichi smiled outwardly, keeping his facial expressions soft. Although he wasn't an emotional person in reality, he had long since mastered the art of convincing people via facial and body expressions that he felt a certain way. "Besides, I could really use some busy work. I'm in between missions, and rather bored, you see. I spend most of my free time training or here. Not much else to do."

WC: 470
TWC: 1309

Tsu-chan

Tsu-chan

D-rank
Tsuru's eyes shone with excitement as the raven haired Uchiha ask her to share her ideas of a Medical Mokuton technique. "Like I said, there's no need to apologize. I truly don't mind. You're here in the pursuit of knowledge, and despite any hiccups along the road, it's a path many shinobi don't always take. The fact that you are developing your own jutsu is great. Medical Mokuton could really help out. I'm actually interested in such a development. Why don't you tell me a little bit more on your thoughts on it? I'm not a medical ninja, but I am a bit of an intellectual and a small time scientist."  

A scientist and an intellectual, and he was in a library after all, Tsu figured the shinobi before here was a genius compared to her. Oh! If he's smart then maybe he can teach me how to play shogi! The thought crossed her mind, it would make her father very surprised to her learn such a complex game.  "Besides, I could really use some busy work. I'm in between missions, and rather bored, you see. I spend most of my free time training or here. Not much else to do." Yoichi added with a generous smile.

"You'd like really help? Oh, thank you!" She clapped her hands together with a happy grin back. "Yoichi-nii, there's just so many things I've been thinking about for medical mokuton, almost as many different kinds as plants themselves! I was really thinking of some kind of aloe plant I could recreate though a jutsu.  Everyone already knows that aloe is good for burns, but it's also good for any kind of skin problem, allergies, rashes, it even helps with growing skin back, and even making bones stronger!"   The green haired girl was talking a mile a minute, plants were her  Senju specialty after all. "The thing is, it's all within the plant's inside gel, you know when you take one of the leaves and break it open and then there's all this gooey stuff. That's basically where all the medical good things are found. It would be kinda hard to recreate that structure with a justu. I guess I could use lots of water chakra, but then I might end up making really soggy wood."

While indeed it sounded like a good idea, the actual planning and making up of the jutsu would probably take some time and a lot of figuring out in order to make any kind of sense. Tsu had her arms crosses in a thinking position, her brow slightly furrowed as she concentrated on trying to think up a way to successfully come up with a justu like this. That is of course, maybe with the help of a newly met friend.

~483/1466~

Yoichi Uchiha

Yoichi Uchiha

D-rank
"So, if you plan on using plants for this stuff, you can get multiple people healed up. I see, that's actually a really great idea. Most medical healing only affects one person at a time, but in this way, you can get to plenty of them. I'm sure if you're able to come up with this manner of jutsu, your father would be really proud." Yoichi said, and offered a kind smile. "I'm not sure how much help I can offer with this, but I know what I'd try I suppose. After finding a suitable plant that does what you want it to be able to do, do your best to recreate it first. After getting that down, them channeling Medical Ninjutsu into it while creating it should increase it's healing nature. Or even allow for an aura of healing out of it in the first place. Or perhaps some healing pollens. The possibilities are immense, to be honest."

Taking a moment seemingly to think about it, Yoichi smiled. "You know, in a way, creating jutsu is like these shogi games that the people are playing over there. It's a process, and a thought consuming one. You have all these pieces, and your end goal is to win. The key part of shogi though, is that when you've captured pieces from your opponent, you can then play them against them. Well, making one of your jutsu would be like that. You learn more about something, in order to 'capture' it. Then, in recreating it, you've played it against them. Promoting your pieces would simply be adding in chakra and upp'ing the power associated with your jutsu."

He stopped speaking, more to give the girl some time to think. After all, he wasn't the one making the jutsu, he was simply throwing out ideas to help her out. It was smarter for him to make allies at the moment, ones with unique abilities. If she was a medical ninja, and he helped her out here, then chances were she'd owe him a favor. At some point, his line of work may require him to be healed, and not by a medical corp ninja, but by someone he knew personally. Sure, Lady Risu could do it, but there was always reason to befriend others as well. Who knew what the situation might call for. What sort of skills would be needed.

WC: 402
TWC: 1711

Tsu-chan

Tsu-chan

D-rank
The Uchiha offered a advice and a supporting smiles to the young Senju's ideas. And yes, it would make her father extremely proud to see her develop a medical mokuton jutsu. He also had a point, it would be extremely helpful to be able to heal multiple people at once, and plants were exactly the way to go about it. As to how she would recreate a medical plant through medical jutsu, she would need to gather samples of medical plants like aloe vera and then work her way from there. It would take some time, but maybe the green haired girl already decided that should would succeed.

"You know, in a way, creating jutsu is like these shogi games that the people are playing over there. It's a process, and a thought consuming one. You have all these pieces, and your end goal is to win. The key part of shogi though, is that when you've captured pieces from your opponent, you can then play them against them. Well, making one of your jutsu would be like that. You learn more about something, in order to 'capture' it. Then, in recreating it, you've played it against them. Promoting your pieces would simply be adding in chakra and upp'ing the power associated with your jutsu." The shogi metaphor was interesting, though Tsu had no idea on how the game was played. The little explanation made the game sound even more complex then she had previously thought. Definitely a smart person's game.

"Thank you for the advice Yoichi-nii! And you must be really smart if you know how to play shogi!" Tsu smiled with her compliment. Indeed with the eye patch and scars, he didn't look the studious type, but one could never judge a book by its cover. And they were in a library, anyone in a library must be there for a pursuit of knowledge. Tsu decided that the eyepatch was a nice look after all. It would also help her remember who he was if she ever ran into him again. Hopefully not literally bumping into him but maybe in the future they'd end up being on a mission together as fellow shinobi or perhaps healing him with the very same medical jutsu she was just developing.

"My Dad plays shogi with my grandpa a lot, so I know that it's a really hard game to play. I don't know how to play it."  She added with a sheepish grin. If he was as smart as she thought, then Tsu figured that she probably wouldn't be much compared to him in terms of intelligence.

~ 447/1913~

Yoichi Uchiha

Yoichi Uchiha

D-rank
"Well, to be honest, if you know the rules, Shogi isn't all that difficult. I picked it up after only a few minutes. Actually, the man over there," Yoichi pointed towards Koratsu Foon, an older gentleman who was currently overseeing some of the Shogi matches happening in the center of the library, "is one of the best Shogi players I've ever met. He's the one who taught me how to play, and he's one of the few people that have ever beaten me in a match. Granted, that was when I first started playing, but he can actually push me pretty hard when we have matches." Yoichi said, for once legitimately smiling. He really did care for the old man.

"Now that I think about it though, it is a great game to learn, especially for a shinobi or kunoichi. When you go into combat, there's a certain element of tactical decisions you need to make. You are the pieces on a board. Your enemies are the opposing forces. By taking down certain ones, you can then play against them. Sometimes there are traps, and sometimes you need to sacrifice to capture the piece you need to. Later on, you can play that against them. Using an opponent against themselves is a good strategy." Yoichi said, rather amused at the thought. It was rather strange that he was explaining exactly what he was doing, to someone he was doing it to. After all, this young girl was a pawn of his current enemy, Sousetsu. Lamya was the king he needed to protect. In a way, he was seeking to take over and rest Sousetsu's pawns from him. Eventually if that pawn progressed far enough, it could get promoted to a higher leveled piece. Infiltrating from within. That was certainly true power.

WC: 304
TWC: 2015

Tsu-chan

Tsu-chan

D-rank
The Uchiha pointed to an old man who was supervising some shogi matches. Apparently he was a shogi master and had even taught the young Uchiha how to play the game. It inspired the green haired Senju to learn the rules of Shogi even more, perhaps even impress her father with a new jutsu and knowledge of a smart person's game.

Yoichi seemed to smile with care at the mentioning of the old man. So it was true that the shinobi had a soft spot for things other than studies and science experiments. Tsu smiled back, thinking that his kindness was probably one of the reasons he was ninja in the first place. Like her, he wished to protect those things or people he cared about.

"Now that I think about it though, it is a great game to learn, especially for a shinobi or kunoichi. When you go into combat, there's a certain element of tactical decisions you need to make. You are the pieces on a board. Your enemies are the opposing forces. By taking down certain ones, you can then play against them. Sometimes there are traps, and sometimes you need to sacrifice to capture the piece you need to. Later on, you can play that against them. Using an opponent against themselves is a good strategy." The older teen added on, seemingly amusing himself with his thoughts. Perhaps if the girl was a little bit brighter herself, she could see the very traps and tactics the Uchiha was using on her. Though as always, despite being a kuniochi for a little while now, she still remained not the sharpest kunai in the set.

Yet a dull blade can have its own unique qualities as well, and her own bluntness made Tsu to voice her slightly confused train of thought as she had tried to follow the Uchiha's. "Oh... That must be really confusing for whoever you're fighting against. I mean they would be fighting against themselves, but not really themselves 'cause it would be the themselves that you got already,  not the themselves that they are 'cause they're the ones your themselves would be fighting. Oh, geez! The themselves you're fighting would have a really hard time fighting your themselves 'cause they're like... the same, but not the same."

~390/2303~

Yoichi Uchiha

Yoichi Uchiha

D-rank
OOC: I'm so sorry.

Yoichi smiled and nodded. "It sounds like you've got the hang of the basic principles on it, yeah. Everything is pretty much a mind game if you think about it. Really you just have to outplay people. Take moments of weakness and turn them towards your own advantage. It isn't always guaranteed to work unless you figure out how someone will react and plan accordingly for that, but that's why I'm so good at Shogi. I can think hundreds of plays through in a short amount of time. From there, it's just calculated risk." he said, shrugging slightly. It was harder to explain shogi than it was to simply practice it.

"I could sit here and speak about it as long as necessary, but until you actually play it, things won't make much sense. If you are ever interested in learning, come back to the library. Koratsu would be more than happy to teach you. He enjoys helping new people learn the game. It's somewhat of a dying art." He would have spoken more at that point, but something outside the window caught his attention. Someone he'd been trying to find for quite some time now. "I apologize, I've got to cut our conversation short. Good luck on your studies, and good luck with your jutsu." he said, already running out of the library.

WC: 224
TWC:2239

EXIT THREAD

Tsu-chan

Tsu-chan

D-rank
The Uchiha smiled, perhaps amused with the girl's odd line of reasoning.. He then went on to talk about his own strategies of playing the game, along with explaining his liking to it. Thinking up so many plays at once gave Tsu a headache about even trying to do that. Maybe she would just need to play the game for herself one day, like the older teen explained.

Yoichi seemed to read her mind, suggesting that she should talk to the very same old man that taught him how to play. She nodded with a smile, she still had time to try the game out It would truly impress her father along with her medical mokuton!

Though now it was time for their conversation to end. The Uchiha seemed to get his attention caught elsewhere, and Tsuru thought it was he had to  go and do some more important things than talk with her. "I apologize I've got tocut our conversation short, Good luck n your studies, and good luck with your jutsu."

"Ah, thank you for your help, Yoichi-nii~!" Tsuru waved as he walked away. He was such a nice boy, if not a little odd in his appearance or his ways of thinking. It was nice to meet other genin anyway.

~216/2519~

~Exit Thread~

Training:

Yoichi Uchiha

Yoichi Uchiha

D-rank
Trained:
Summoning Spec C --> B

Twc used: 2000/2239

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.