You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Gin

Gin

Retired
The clock was ticking on the wall, filling the silence in the room with with it's constant noise. It only served to prove how painfully slow time was going by. It was only 3:30 in the afternoon and already the young Kazekage wanted to retire for the day. She kept on lifting her gaze from the stack of paperwork in front of her and looking towards the open door. "I should just take that thing off its hinges..." She thought. She was never going to close it, anyways. However, when she had said her idea out loud, the Council Elders around her had all but had a heart attack. "I shouln't have said anything..." She thought. Nevertheless, she had decided to keep things as they were to avoid being yelled at. The Kazekage sighed in frustration. She gripped the pen in her hand tightly. She knew she was spacing out on purpose. She was procrastinating. Paperwork was nothing short of a useless pain in the ass. "I would have never accepted the job if I knew this was what it meant," She mumbled between clenched teeth. "What the hell do I care if a couple of Genin left the village this past month?!" She growled. Letting go of the pen she sat back on her chair, spinning on it just to pass the time and cool off.

The ticking clock on the wall wasn't helping. It was driving the young woman insane. Why did she even have that thing? The Elders had probaby put it there. They probably thought it would keep her on track. Pffft. Like that would ever happen. Truthfully, Gin wouldn't even bother to file the paperwork or keep it stored, so why did she have to bother going through it? It would be so much easier if she could just have someone give her spoken reports every now and then. Still, it would be a while before she could change the system that way. In the meantime she would have to deal with the large stacks of paper in front of her. Maybe she could say they accidentally burned or flew out the window...

Gin shook her head. She couldn't do that. It would mean letting the people of Suna down by not doing the job she was chosen for. She sighed and sank into her chair. It was going to be a long day, by the looks of it.

Nenshou Warai

Nenshou Warai

D-rank
Nenshou looked at his reflection in a store window as he passed by on his way to the Kazekage's office on the other side of town. In one hand he held a bottle-shaped brown paper bag, it's contents was not much of a mystery to anyone who cared enough to consider the possibilities, with the other hand he mussed his hair into a style more to his liking. He paused a moment and grinned at his reflection, checking his teeth for any stray bits of food stubbornly clinging to his freshly brushed chompers. Finally satisfied with his appearance he took a deep breath as if to steady his confidence. He looked off into the distance towards the Kazekage's base of operations, looming over the other buildings nearby, squinting against the wind driven sand as it pelted his skin in an unpleasent yet reassuringly familiar way.

Nenshou took a step out into the middle of the street and with a slight crouch to gather his strength, he leaped from the sandy road to the nearest rooftop. He continued quickly in this manner, hopping easily from roof to roof until finally he landed on the lip of the window that lead into the Kazekage's office. He peaked around the window's edge to see the young woman Gin as she worked somewhat less-than diligently on her paperwork. He gave a small grin at the sight of her and knocked on the stone wall. "Can I come in?" he asked even as he entered the room regardless. "I brought you a gift to celebrate your promotion Lady Kazekage, just in time as well from the looks of it." He gave her his most winning smile, hoping that the next few moments didn't see him plummeting from the window towards the ground below, or at the very least, on the other end of a sever tongue lashing... Not that I'd mind, he thought off-hand causing his smile to widen even further.

Gin

Gin

Retired
Gin didn't bother to sit up straight when Nenshou came into the room. There was really no point in pretending to be interested in her paperwork. After all, she wasn't nor would she ever be. She looked at the boy closely. Obviously he was a Chuunin, since he wore the standard vest. However, she didn't have to look at it to tell who this person was. "Warai, Nenshou," She said, more to herself than to him. The Kazekage mentally pat herself on the back for remembering the boy's name. "Just call me Gin," She said, though they way she said it sounded like she was more annoyed than anything else. She disliked pleasantries. She looked at the gift he had in his hand and smiled deviously. It was the perfect excuse to get off the job for a while. She took it from Nenshou and pulled the bottle out.

After reading the label to herself, she spoke out loud. "Never heard of this brand before," She began. "But I suppose it'll have to do," she said as she set it down on her desk. She twisted the bottle's cap in one smooth motion. "What are you waiting for?" She said to Nenshou. "Go ahead and sit down," She added, motioning to the chair accross from her desk. "You brought this so that I could celebrate, after all."

Nenshou Warai

Nenshou Warai

D-rank
Nenshou gave a smile at her response. "Ok Gin." He said the last word with more emphasis. Already on first name basis, he thought, this already going swimmingly.

At her invitation he took a seat across from the Kazekage on the 'visitor's' chair on the other side of her desk. He watched her take the bottle from him and comment on never having heard of this brand before. She opened the bottle, obviously all too ready to begin imbibing the alcoholic beverage.
Nenshou nonchalantly pulled two shot glasses from a pocket on his custom red chuunin vest and placed them on the table. He waited for her to fill them, not the most polite action in the world, but he figured he had already made it this far so he assumed that she would probably let it slide. He considered the fact this girl did not seem to be one who stood much for niceties or ceremony and decided that he liked that about her, such things were often a waste of time and dispensing with them seemed to form friendships much quicker than would otherwise be the case.

"This stuff is supposed to be pretty strong, I have to admit that I've never tried it before myself so you might want to take it easy, being a girl and all."

Gin

Gin

Retired
Gin sniggered as Nenchou pulled out the shot glasses from his vest. "That's convenient," She said. "Do you just carry those around with you all the time or were you anticipating this?" She asked. The young Kazekage poured the contents of the bottle into the two glasses. The drink smelled sweet but strong. Gin smiled. She liked it so far. She only hoped it tasted as good as it smelled. Her smile turned sour soon enough, though. The young girl disliked double standards very much. More than once during her lifetime, people had assumed that she was weaker or more fragile just because she was a girl. And dozens of times, she had proven those people wrong. Hell, if she hadn't, she wouldn't have recieved the title of Kazekage, after all. On top of all that, Gin was somewhat prideful.

She didn't take well to people who tried to undermine her strengths and capabilities. And she considered herself to have a very high tolerance for alchohol. "Are you implying that I can't drink as much just because I'm a girl?" She asked. Just after she finished her sentence, she grabbed the shot glass and swallowed its contents in one fluid movement. She wiped her mouth with the sleeve of her kimono and smirked at the chuunin.

Nenshou Warai

Nenshou Warai

D-rank
Nenshou's eyes went wide as he watched the kazekage down the contents of the shot that he poured for herself. Jeez, this chick didn't even flinch! he thought. Not about to be bested quite yet, Nenshou composed himself and with a look of utter seriousness, like a warrior going to battle, he lifted the shot halfway to his lips, staring the young woman across from him. He had the feeling that if there had a been a band present with the sole purpose of playing mood music, the sounds of heavy drums like a war-song would have been playing in the background.

He lifted the shot to his lips and tipped it back. The liquid burned in his throat and had a strong, almost repugnant taste but he managed to keep his cool, even going so far as to tilt his head back and give a laugh that might have sounded slightly over-exaggerated in its confidence... it also helped to hide any involuntary twinges on his face.

"Im not necessarily saying you can't drink as much 'cause you're a girl... just not as much as me!" Somehow the taunt struck Nenshou as particularly funny and he couldn't help but let out a laugh and he reached across the desk and grabbed the bottle, filling their shot glasses to the brim once more. It would seem that the game was on...

Gin

Gin

Retired
Gin stared calmly at Nenshou as he downed the contents of the glass. He began to laugh loudly, making Gin smirk. This was going to be interesting. He really thought he could beat her at drinking? The Kazekage went on drinking sprees at least twice a week. She had started building up resistance ever since she was fourteen. She could easily drink the shots without flinching. However, she had to admit that it was quite strong, more so than she had anticipated. She leaned back into her chair and rested her feet against the desk. "So you think you can drink more than I can?" She asked. Gin couldn't help but let out a laugh. "I'll tell you what," the young Kazekage began. "Let's make this a competition," She suggested. After all, she was willing to do anything as long as it meant stalling her administrative duties.

Gin quickly cleared her desk, shoving her paperwork into one of the drawers for later use. For now, she would have fun with the Chuunin. After all, he had been kind enough to bring her the bottle. She might as well repay his kindness by sharing its contents. And if they ran out of the alchohol, she would just have to pull out some of her own.

Nenshou Warai

Nenshou Warai

D-rank
Nenshou couldn't help but smile at the Kage's challenge, as she quickly relieved the top of her desk from the clutter of her duties (duties she was SUPPOSED to be managing but was instead getting drunk with him) he gave an excited arm pump. "BRING IIIIT!" he grabbed his next shot and poured it down his throa quickly then slammed it back on top of the desk, attempting to look as macho as possible. He gave the kage a look of mock seriousness and said "Your move Lady Gin... choose wisely!"

he wouldn't admit it but he was already beginning to feel the muddling effects of the alchohol, but his determination and ego would not allow him to tantalize the idea of defeat, not now when it was more important than ever!

Gin

Gin

Retired
Gin looked at nenshoy coyly. Her posture exuded confidence. And she had good reason for it, since the young girl dedicated a great deal of her time to drinking and other supposedly shameful behavior. "Shamefull my ass," She thought. But other people's judgement aside, she had a challenge at hand and she wasn't going to admit defeat easily. Though, it would likely end up in both of them forgetting about the competition all together. However, right now Gin only wanted to compete. As he motioned for her to drink, Gin laughed. Was it the alchohol setting in? She preferred to think not. She didn't feel giddy yet, after all. "Lady Gin?" She asked, referring to how he had just addressed her. "I can live with that," She shrugged. It had a nice ring to it. And it was better than some of th ethings she had been called before. Shepoured the next glass into her cup and stared at it for a bit before gulping it down. "You know," She began as she wiped her mouth clean. "We can make this a little more interesting," She suggested.

Nenshou Warai

Nenshou Warai

D-rank
Nenshou watched Gin down the next shot with a controlled gulp that would have normally been reserved for most Irish dock-workers, he found himself beginning to feel a twinge of worry in his gut as to the pedigree of this young but impressive woman's drinking abilities.
His eyebrows perked up at the Kazekage's suggestion. "More interesting you say?" he blinked stupidly a couple times and then burst out laughing again. "Ha HA! What could be more interesting than a drinking match against the kazekage herself!?"

He reached across the desk and poured himself another shot, this time a small drop of the liquor missed the rim of his glass and splashed on top of the desk. "Opps!" he exclaimed and quickly used the sleeve of his shirt to wipe the spot away. He raised the glass as if giving a toast and said "To making things MORE interesting!" and then downed the drink.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.