You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
Time to get it over with; or else he never would. With how work piled on his desk; he was lucky he ever got ANYTHING done; work or personal related. He needed a secretary... Might be time to make an Uchiha earn his pay again. Either way, his focus needed to be on the Suna defector, Synn. He was... not impressed, nor really anything towards him. Kenta understood why he would want to take off from the pit Suna had become; but to gain Kenta's trust was extremely difficult even under normal circumstances. If Synn was lucky, he would pass well enough to be allowed into the general ninja ranks. He would be watched closely; of course, but it would be better then nothing.

The summons was sent several hours before; long enough to the Genin to prepare himself. A Jounin would accompany him so that he wasn't able to get lost; but the actual testing would take place alone; just the two of them. Some verbal fighting... maybe a demonstration of skills... who knew. Kenta was making this up as he went along. He couldn't go with instincts; as Inuzuka laws and customs in this area tended to involve mutilation and mental breaking; and the last thing Kenta needed or wanted was a broken hunk of meat floating around the village.

Synn

Synn

D-rank
Synn had received word of the time and place but felt a lack of energy towards it. In a way he felt as if perhaps he needed more preparation. but still he cleans up and finds his battle robes. he doubted he would be able to do much if the kage honestly tried but he would be prepared regardless. He sets out from his home with no real idea of what to expect.

On the run to the location he makes a mental checklist. A mesh shirt to fake out possible chain mail. A red coat with somewhat baggy sleeves to indicate he might be hiding a weapon. Well fitting pants that allowed him to move as much as he needed but didn’t hinder him. And boots for just something a little more solid on his kicks. That and the eye patch he had to wear out of embarrassment. The seals on his eye bothered him but he had to let that go for now.

Finally he was there. He could see the hokage in the distance and slowed his pace. By the time he was within comfortable talking distance he slows his accelerated to a walk and then a stop. He was kind of fast for not having any speed boosting abilities. Still he bows his head politely. Before speaking softly.

" I have arrived to your summons my lord."

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
Kenta barely seemed to notice the arrival; he was a touch lost in thought. Mostly ways to make Naota earn his pay better; things of that manner. A customary sniff; all Inuzuka did it, it was how they kept track of the world when they weren't actively paying attention; and he realized that the boy had arrived. His expression was quickly soured in a way that could be seen as harsh; if one didn't know better. "Don't call me that. I hate being called 'Lord' or something like that. Bad enough the young pups and cousins call me alpha half the time." The blonde made a noise that was obviously displeased; although it carried no heat towards the other. "Anything but Lord, if you would."

He ran a hand through his unkempt hair; not smoothing or taming, just habitual. He played with his hair, so what? "I have... honestly little reason to allow you to stay; you understand this. My village is large and prosperous as it is, we need canon fodder about as much as I need a bolt through my skull. So why... why should I let you stay. Why should I allow someone that has proven they can turn traitor; which is what you have done, even without betraying your family and homeland; to enter my ranks. You must provide this answer; somehow, some way; or else you will not enjoy the consequences. If you are lucky; I will merely turn you out; at which point do feel free to go where ever the hell you want. My men would not stop you then. If i do not like what I see, what I hear...? Well... " A hand a was, fingers curled inwards towards his palm, which itself was turned towards him, so that Synn was given a proper view of the back of his palm. Sunlight glinted off his nails; clean, long, and razor sharp. A hint, maybe?

"I offer you this. Turn and walk; you will pass these lands freely; unharmed. I give you my word as a Kage and an Alpha of the Inuzuka pack that my offer is true and fair. Or, you may stay, and attempt to win favor. I give you this choice; as I am a man that prefers to allow for just that. Choices. I do not issue mandates, I do not give unquestionable commands unless I absolutely must. I prefer that a man has a mind of his own; and the knowledge of what to do with that gift of sentience. So, what choice do you make?"

Synn

Synn

D-rank
Synn listens for a moment in silence. His expression could best be described as passive. He however does cross his arms at the potential promise of bodily harm. A single eye brow raises for a moment before he smiles and crosses his arms. The breeze blew across him and wipped his red hair about like a wild fire.

However once the Kage finished speaking he shakes his head as if disappointed himself. Had he been expecting something else? Perhaps but regardless he kneels down his one good eye looking down to the stones about them. Before he stands and looks about him and then finishes by looking at the sky. He smiles then a moment spent in silence.

“the sky is bright today.”

He says quietly before looking back to Kenta. Synn looked peaceful standing there his arms crossed. Fear did not register in those warm eyes. He shakes his head though and speaks calmly.

“A bird who flies a different path more suited to him is less a traitor and more a realist. I chose the path if felt was best for my own growth. I only regret that my family is more stubborn then I. As for why I should be allowed to stay. I implore you to look about you. To the trees and the grass. The rivers and the stone. The people and the village. Though on paper a mere statistic they each have individual traits. Bringing something to the table. Shade from the burning sun. food for the livestock. Water for drinking and stone for building. Everyone has a purpose and a destiny. To choose to end mine instead of letting me grow so my strength can help the people and the village grow further is not only a waste. But cruelty to those I could have helped. Perhaps even one day saved or taught.”

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
That was... almost impressive; if only for coming from a Genin. This boy had a better understanding of the world then most, by Kenta's reckoning. That was a fairly good approximation of the Inuzuka's world view; when filtered from canine to human value systems, anyway. Clear and concise with his words as well; far better then the lax slang many of his own Genin where guilty of most of the time. 'Course, Kenta was no better in some ways; he was as likely to speak a weird mix of canine and human at any given moment, versus anything understandable outside his clan.

"Then, by that logic; is it not true that all must flee to where they are best suited; best able to grow and learn? By that logic, someone like me; a being of multiple worlds; would best be... how did that ancient story go... split in half and given to each? It is not that well known, but I am not fully of Konoha. Most know my father was an immigrant; a Grass-nin, so close enough. Fewer now that I was not even born in the Land of Fire; as far as anyone can be certain. In all honesty, I am more likely a Grass-nin by birth place; an Inuzuka and therefore of the Konoha lines by birthright. Still, I am Ookamizuka as well; by those rights I am of Kusa and Konoha. My skill sets? Kiri, or possibly the Waterfall village. I am a Ninjutsu master, with an extreme affinity for Water, and Wind; neither of which are common to Konoha. Or rather, until this up and coming generation, they weren't. An explosion of users seemed to follow my graduation from the academy."

He paused a moment, shifting his foot and creating a small burst of wind that forced a small leaf upward towards his hands. The leaf was a common oak leaf, partially dried and slightly chewed by some small mammal. He started at it a moment, running his thumb across the line between brown and green, obviously thinking for a moment. "Did you know... I have been called traitor by my own kind? My father's brother..." He refused to call the man uncle; refused to acknowledge the connection they had,"... he murdered my parents, nearly killed me; just for being born when and where I was. My father was no traitor; not truly. Konoha and Kusa? Might as well be one village; they have coexisted since before the time of the Third Great Shinobi Wars. We still work together; patrol each other's borders, trade knowledge and sensei to keep us on our toes, keep us diverse and from making the same mistakes Iwa once made; over specializing and militarizing. I like to think of my cousins and family there as Konoha's conscious. The elders of the village; they would have us turn into what Suna had devolved into; a giant cluster-fuck of in-fighting and paranoia. But the rest of us, those that see the light of day once in a blue moon... we make sure this place stays the great land it has always been. You have heard of the Will of Fire, yes? Our inheritance from our earliest Kages... We keep that alive; we make sure that we hold to those ideals that make us great. The power of that will... that is what my ninja have. Can you understand that, child of the Karisuma? Do you believe that you can follow that will; embrace it as your own, truly? Outsiders are welcome, this has always been true. Our strength lies as much in our Will of Fire as it does in out ability to welcome change and new ideals. But my ninja; my warriors; my children and my friends; the people who protect my people, the civilians and land I serve with my life; can you protect them as I do? Will you take up the mantle of this village; and everything that entails?"

Synn

Synn

D-rank
Synn watches the young kage in silence for a time. His own mind picturing the details of the story being told to him. A family with a birth outside the village. Considered a traitor and yet rising to the top of the shinobi structure. It was all impressive but still Synn remains undaunted by the flood of information. Really he was not concerned about being considered a traitor. Word had spread that a new kage was coming to power in Suna but at the same time Synn could barely be considered a pawn.

Synn reaches up and brushes the red bangs from his face revealing the eye patch yet again. Was he limited by the seal? At times he wanted to try and remove it but caution was bordering on desire. He did not know what power he might unlock. What future potential he might gain. Nor if he could control it. Still his one startling green eye looks to the kage as if studying him once he was finished speaking. Taking a moment before replying in a calm an collected tone.

“I can certainly see how that might be frustrating for a individual in your position. But I cant help but to reply with so what? We can not forever allow ourselves to be judged by our origins. By looking on the past one only tightens his chains to it and forgets to move forward. Can I inherit your will of fire? That remains to be seen. However your people have an incredible amount of heart and I desire to be a part of that. Can I protect them as you do? No. I lack the same principles and dedication that you do. Will I keep fighting till my body shields the young and old from harm? I can not imagine why one would not. Instead I shall bring a further understanding of genjutsu and tactics. Perhaps the future can benefit from me more then I myself can. I am not a powerful warrior. If I had to put my role somewhere it would be as a teacher. A tool for instruction.”

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
"Hnnn..." Attitude, but that was a Suna trait; common to all of the sand. He was right however; and the budding wisdom that Kenta saw in the teen. It was... not going to sit well with some, another genin was not what they needed; but he was desperate for the new teachers; and even a genin's training was better then what he had. The answers he'd received where the best he could have hoped for from anyone not of the Leaf.

"You may stay. You will still be watched for a time, of course; but I shall make sure that you are; eventually, assigned to a team; possibly attached to one of our student-teacher divisions, if you would prefer. I must apologize; but that is the best I can do; until I am able to find a number of new competent sensei and the like. Other villages face a crisis of defection and underpopulation; we face a crisis of over-population in the untrained youths. You can see the issues that presents."

The elder male glanced skyward, noticing the time finally. Hmmm... short conversation, all be told; but a fairly long one in overall time. He needed to get back, and somewhat soon. "Do you have anything else you feel needs saying, or shall we adjourn?"

Synn

Synn

D-rank
Synn lets his one eye look up to the sky as well. More time had passed then he had predicted and in a way that made him smile. In Konoha the skies where pretty more often then not and he enjoyed pretty skies. His eye returns to looking at Kenta and he smiles. He had not attacked nor had he been particularly harsh. Instead Synn would define him as a cautious and patient individual with no time for fools and cowards. That actually seemed like a very good leader for Synn. So remembering what Kenta had said about formalities he bows his head a little happier now. Before speaking.

"please enjoy your day. I will patiently await any word and simply train in the mean time."

Synn smiles before he turns his back and walks away. the meeting to decide a path of fate was over. for now at least. It was time for lunch.

[exit thread]

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
"That would be best. It would show well, when the naysayers appear. And they will; eventually. Fear not, the majority of your new comrades will give you a fair chance to prove yourself, I can promise you that. For all their... eccentricities, they are a good bunch."

He offered a lazy way as they other left, more then he normally would given the level of fuckery he gave about most things not of national security. He something liked the Karisuma, as much as he enjoyed the company of any genin of the village. Maybe he was finally growing out of his old shell? Who knew; he certainly didn't, nor cared much. Far too much else on his mind. With a spin of his heels and a movement not unlike an ice skater, he was gone; flash of speed leaving nothing more then a bit of dust kicked into the air.

-Exit-

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.