You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Uzumaki Ilya

Uzumaki Ilya

D-rank
Training grounds Iwagakure

Her morning had been just like every other: waking up early, doing the daily morning workout of a dozen squats, push ups and crunches, before she went to take a bath and dress herself in her usual attire of a black halter top, black pants with suspenders, boots and a long, highcollar blue coat. Maybe her particular fashion sense was to be called awkward, but with her fingerless gloves and the black choker around her throat, Yomi looked as if she was a master of her own body and she would not dissagree with that statement, despite the fact that she was well aware that there were still many shinobi boasting greater physical prowess than herself.

Walking from her room towards the stairs to the groundlevel of the two story house she lived in, the woman knocked on her parent's room, followed by her sister's room, only to be answered by silence.

Walking downstairs, she greeted the shadow of another room, again only being answered in the silence of the darkness. Grabbing herself a cup and some express coffee, she quickly put a kettle with water on the flames, resulting in a cup of deliciously strong coffee a few minutes later. "This house is still so gloomy, even after I got rid of the despair that filled it, such a shame."

Making herself a few sandwiches, that concluded her breakfast and it also meant it was time for her to get to Iwagakure's famous training grounds, where the Shinobi of Iwagakure steel their body and mind among the rocks.

Taking a short cut, Yomi got to the training grounds in only a few minutes, ignoring all people around her, as they tried to ignore her as well, only to stop at the stall of the weapon's shop for a moment, admiring the innate beauty of the many swords, utensils and special weaponry on display. The very sight of the shimmering blades, the tempered steel, the satin-like finishes to a lot of hilts made her feel warm and made her grant the world a glimpse of the intriguing smile she would only show at moments like these.

Arriving at the training grounds, the Iwa-nin threw her jacket over one of the jagged spikes at the entrance, deciding another round of push ups and some stretching would flex her muscles and pump up her spirit to start with another day of training. She had her sights set on the title of strongest taijutsu master in the known world, strongest bukijutsu of all and above all she simply wanted to get rid of all weakness, even if it was her own.

Kurai

Kurai

D-rank
Sitting in his favorite bagel spot, Kurai enjoyed the smell of fresh bread and sweet blueberries. Not often did he use serenity as motivation for his writing, but he would this time. He took out his journal and pen. Ink from the tip of his pen began to drip on the paper. Despair filled his face as this was one of his better pens, but it was now no more good. No choice was left him, but to roll it up into the napkin beside him. He then took his back up pen from his pocket. A sparkle was in his eyes as he wrote as the smell of the bakery always brought back memories of... "Cinnamon Raisin Bagel with Apple Juice." "Ah, thank you."

Walking down the sidewalk of Iwagakure, Kurai found himself in the mood for training. Before his sudden departure to Takigakure, he was planning on getting some intense training done on the famed Iwagakure Training Grounds. When he arrived he saw a woman doing push ups. Kurai noticed the young woman. "Yomi? Ah, it seems we have the same agenda. How about we train together?"

Training: 189

Uzumaki Ilya

Uzumaki Ilya

D-rank
Yomi was to busy with her warm ups to take notice of her teammate Kurai's arrival, she had already started with her final set of push ups, a glistening layer of sweat on her tanned skin, when she got up to stretch her legs a bit, raising her left leg in a straight 180 degree angle towards her supporting right leg, showing that she was quite flexible thanks to the style of taijutsu she had been mastering ever since she had been been taught that specialization at the shinobi academy of Iwagakure; Commando Savate, a rare and foreign style of combat.

"Oh look…unwanted company," Yomi sighed, while dropping her leg back down on the ground, cracking the ground slightly with the heel of her boot. "You do know it aint decent to peek on girls, dont'cha?"

Coming closer to the chuunin of her team, the young woman leaned against a spike of rock near the young man, pulling some strands of wet hair away from her face, giving him a haughty smirk, one he should've been quite familiar with after their training with their squad leader.

"I do wonder," Yomi laughed, while grabbing for a bottle of water, which had been inside the pocket of her jacket, which was hanging from that same spike she had been leaning against, pulling the cap off and drinking it almost half empty in just a bit over a second. "With your higher rank, comes better skills, right? If so, I wouldn't mind training with'cha honey, but don't expect me to hold back, cuz I sure as hell dont want you to hold back either. If we're supposed to be a squad, we'd better find some ground on which we can combine our efforts, dont'cha think so, honey?"

304/751

Kurai

Kurai

D-rank
Kurai let a puff of air out of his nostrils as his arrival was neglected, but Kurai didn't mind. After all, she was putting on quite the show. He watched on quizzically, occasionally glancing off, all while waiting for her to finish her warm up, assuming she'd be done relatively soon. She was. Sweat dripped from her tanned skin. With every drop she moved closer. Until she had found comfort against a large jagged rock adjacent to Kurai. She reached in and grabbed a water bottle, all while throwing around her attitude. It was a welcomed tone for Kurai. The Chuunin peeked at the jacket. "That's a nice jacket, but I can make you one better. If you stop by the Han's Jacket Emporium, I could give you a squad mate discount."

Today, Kurai wasn't wearing his jacket, instead he was wearing a plain white button up shirt with a purple tie. Along with tan pants and dress shoes. She spoke again, saying that his higher rank came with higher skills, and she wanted him to showcase his full array of ability. Kurai loosened his tie a bit. "As you can tell, I tend to go easy on the likes of you... but today, I'll at least loosen my tie a bit, and if you show some effort, I'll give you all you can handle." He stepped closer to Yomi, he was only about 3 inches taller than her. Strands of his white hair masked his eyes slightly. Kurai kneeled a bit, looking right into her eyes. "Since I'm your honey, you probably dread hurting me, but don't worry. How about you take the first shot, so you can warm up some more, because whatever you were doing earlier certainly doesn't qualify."

Kurai's face was only inches from hers. He wanted to see just how much of her attitude she had in control. Was she controlling it, or was it controlling her? Within mere seconds he would find the out. If she that the disrespectful gesture of Kurai get to her, and she struck Kurai with her body, a fist, a foot, etc. He was ready for it. There was one area on his body, that his prepped jutsu couldn't protect, and he was mindful of it, and ready to intercept by normal means. However, if she didn't fall for Kurai's atagonization, a much more fun and tricky battle was to come for sure. Standing earnestly to the belief that tactics reigned supreme, Kurai reveled in fighting new opponent becauase it meant new strategies and new outcomes. For a tactician like Kurai, there was nothing better. With every fight came more knowledge, and the more knowledge he accrued, the stronger he became.

Training: 655

Uzumaki Ilya

Uzumaki Ilya

D-rank
"Tsk, the likes of me?" A snarl escaped Yomi's lips when Kurai had closed in on her, almost seemingly tempting her to lose her self-control and attack him, but that wasn't on her list. Someone who acted like that was either an incompetent idiot or up to something, being prepared for what would follow. The downside to such taunting behavior, was just the fact that one could practically never know the difference between the scheming or gloating people. "If you insist…I'll gladly take you on your offer of getting this conversation into something more exciting."

Swiftly, Yomi's right arm cocked backwards, depicting that she was about to throw a punch right to his face, but instead of doing so, she lifted her left arm as well, pulling at the suspenders that ran over her shoulders a bit. After that she simply turned around, taking a few steps away from Kurai and turning back around when she had gained some distance, showing him a rather empty smile.

"I dont think I could've achieved anything by going in to that taunt of yours," The young woman laughed, while stretching her legs again, balancing on each of them for a moment, after which she slid her left foot backwards over the ground, until she had made a quarter turn with her lower body, bending slightly through her legs and holding her hands with the fingers formed like blades one above the other in front of her face. "By the way, I called you honey because you've got a cute face. Way to cute 'n girly for a guy, you should need a cool scar or something, dont'cha think?"

Waiting for the Chuunin to do something, she maintained her stance, altering it slightly with every movement he would make, so she would face him directly and in optimal direction if he chose to do something at all.

"One condition," Yomi suddenly said, deciding she had to turn this training into her favor, giving Kurai a selfconfident grin. "no tools, so no kunai or senbon or even wire. Only with our body and jutsu will we train, deal?"

362/1113

Kurai

Kurai

D-rank
An annoyed expression riddled Yomi's face. Yes, yes. Her mouth said she was falling for it, and so was her body. Shame, I thought she was special, too--- Kurai's thoughts were snapped in half as her loaded fist retrieved to grab hold of her suspenders as she turned and walked away. They both exchanged smiles. The white haired Chuunin rubbed his chin and looked downwards at Yomi's feet as she entered her fighting stance. Another linguistic dart was thrown at Kurai with her clarifying why she called him honey. Girly face huh. She then remarked that his smooth face needed a scar or two. The comment evoked a few muffled chuckles from the "pretty boy". "Who's going to inflict this scar... you" Kurai pointed at Yomi and looked at her sideways.

"I accept your conditions." Kurai extended his right arm in front of him, and visibly doton chakra began to morph in his hand. In just a few seconds, three kunai made of doton chakra were lying in his hand. A sly smile was laid across Kurai's face. "Do these count?" He wouldn't wait for her response, as technically they did, and if she was upset at the fact that Kurai had found a loop hole in the conditions... it was simply unfortunate. Kurai launched the three kunai at Yomi (distance between Yomi and Kurai: Approximately 5-8 meters?). All three had chakra strings attached to them and were all aimed at different spots on her body. Released simultaneously, one was aimed at her right shoulder, middle of her torso, and one above her left knee. If the earthen kunai were dodged or deflected, Kurai would use the chakra strings to manipulate them to strike again unexpectedly.

180/200:

Training: 939

Uzumaki Ilya

Uzumaki Ilya

D-rank
With a smile on her face, she noted that Kurai had already understood how to get out of her conditions, quite the smart-ass apparently, but Yomi could live with that. The fact that he had enough remarks left to counter her taunts with those of his own, made it more fun to have a good exercise with this team member. Who would've thought she'd have some fun squad again, with a stern and somewhat traditional sensei and two colorful team mates.

"Is that ninjutsu?" Yomi asked when seeing the three kunai shapen out of earth chakra, her eyes seemingly locked on the selfmade kunai with great interest, as was to be expected from someone who adored practically all kinds of unique weaponry and those kunai were interesting enough for her."Now, I can't argue with you on those, now can I?"

When the chuunin suddenly threw the Kunai, the young woman did not have a lot of time to think about anything, so in a split second she made a few hand seals, after which a burst of chakra left her legs, instantly forming into a layer of spiked and jagged black crystals around herself, making her impervious to the kunai's initial strikes, but it also made her cringe a bit, since she had to use her only real defensive jutsu so fast already.

With the kunai's deflected off the crystal shield, the shield itself vanished into black dust to be carried away by the wind. However, despite Kurai having the first move, Yomi wasn't ready to resign just yet, she had not yet been shown her partner's true strength and she wanted to see more of his capabilities. With a few quick hand seals, she suddenly created two black crystal swords, with jagged edges and looking fearsome enough to make any shinobi think twice about the young woman.

"I reckon this is quite similar to the loophole you thought to have found," The young woman laughed, before quickly launching herself towards the Chuunin, holding her swords at a low hight, until she would reach the guy, throwing both swords upwards in a diagonal slash, intentially forming a cross-shaped slash that way. "Try and dodge this."

375/1488

chakra:110/150

jutsu:

Kurai

Kurai

D-rank
The kunais closed in at sufficient speed. All signs pointed to a direct hit. Until a spiked and sparkling layer of crystals protruded from her body. Yamada... of course. The clan of crystal users. No wonder I didn't recognize the name at first, I've never met a user of the advanced element. Kurai's earthen kunai were deflected by the impressive defensive jutsu. She's not half bad. I think I want to have some fun instead. Kurai's cancelled puppet technique and earthen kunai he launched earlier reverted to mud. As Kurai began formulating his new trick, Yomi summoned forth a weapon of her own. Hah, so she was planning on sneaking weapons into this fight from the very beginning... so all along, her proposition was not to have a fight devoid of tools, but to make use of her own skills and give herself a significant advantage because she has the ability to create tools. Impressive. She is definitely not as reckless as her demeanor might suggest. "From the beginning, you were planning to take advantage of your 'conditions', to give yourself the advantage. Not bad. Deception is crucial in combat."

Smiling gently, with true delight, the vibe shift in the fight was noticeable. His admiration for his opponent would have to resume later, as Yomi was now charging forward, looking to make use of her much more impressive weapon creation technique. The two crystal swords appeared to measure close to 3 feet in length total, and appeared to be capable of significant damage dealing. As she began her charge, Kurai was now putting his plan into action. As soon as she started running towards him, Kurai formed the hand seal for the doppleganger technique. Kurai would actually form two, one in front of him and one directly behind him. The one he formed behind him was where the illusion lied. Upon the creation of the first clone, neither Kurai or the second clone would be visible. Right after the clone appeared, Kurai would transform himself into a wooden block with explosive tags covering it. The transformation would be masked by the clone. The clone created in front of Kurai would then step just over to his right, revealing the wooden block covered in explosive tags and the second clone created. If everything went according to plan, Yomi would be under the impression that the second clone created was the real Kurai and that somehow he summoned forth an explosive wooden block.

Kurai already have several scenarios worked out. First scenario, she calls my bluff, thinking I won't detonate it with the "bomb" so close to me. That'll be the best case for me. Second scenario, she stops in her tracks in response to the threat of the explosion. Then I will proceed accordingly. Third scenario, she sees through my ploy completely.

Those were the thoughts that went through Kurai's mind when he first thought up the scheme. Of course, Kurai had many options he could have used instead. He could have obviously obliged Yomi in close quarters and used his skill in Taijutsu. Genjutsu was an option too, but he was still in a playful mood. After all, Yomi was a member of the Yamada clan. The longer the fight went on, the more details he could extract. In their first meeting, he learned a lot, but this time around, he wanted to
 delve much deeper into what Yomi could do. Not just in terms of chakra and physically, but mentally too. She had already proved she was cunning. But what else was there to Yomi?

170/200:

Training: 1542

Uzumaki Ilya

Uzumaki Ilya

D-rank
Yomi's eyes widened when Kurai had finally understood why she set that particular condition and was seemingly pleased enough to praise her for it, which made her smile rather viciously. However, the fact that the young man seemed extremely calm and didn't react to the fact that she was charging at him with her two newly created, black swords with an eerie shimmer on them was something which in a way dumbfounded her completely. One thing Yomi knew about her short time within her own clan's training program, was the fact that they all hated and feared her particular color of crystal, since they werent pink or red, nor were they sparkly. Her crystals looked more like onyx which emanated a dark, shadowy light rather than the shiny sparkles of her clan members. Structurally they were no different, but visually, her black crystals had more effect on people.

The very fact that nor the swords themselves, nor the eerie color of the crystals seemed to have a single effect on her training partner, made her wonder what his background was, since she found it quite strange to see someone so calm in battle, where as she showed exhilleration and excitement, making her opponent know that she was having fun, having the time of her life. Every instant that passed, her adrenaline rushed through her veins, coarsing through her body like wildfire.

"What the?" She suddenly yelped, when the guy suddenly sidestepped, revealing a block of wood with explosive tags on them and another one just like him behind the block. He used the doppelganger technique, of that she was sure, but he apparently did it so fast that she had not seen it, but when? "Screw this."

Knowing that explosive tags had a set time for explosion and never went off instantly, Yomi only had a split second to react and remain in control of the fight, something she was not planning to relinquish too easily, no matter the difference in skill or combat experience.

Her left foot slid forward, halting her progress for even a slight second, at which she pivoted, using her right leg as pushrod to swing her swords in the direction of the first image of Kurai in front of her, while at the same time, she used her crystal-release-Sharp Feet to cover both her legs with a layer of jagged and spikey crystals and launch her mid right foot towards the block with explosive tags, either to kick it to splinters or at least kick it towards the one behind it, the further it would get, the better it would be for her.

"I don't know how you got those tags, but using them is in violation of the rules and conditions we agreed upon, is it not?" She yelled, stopping the wild swing of her swords and retain her balance by placing her legs in a similar fashion to how she did at the start of this training exercise.

501/1989
chakra: 100/150

jutsu used:

Kurai

Kurai

D-rank
Kurai watched painstakingly as his opponent rushed forward with her two swords made of black crystal. So far so good, either she's calling my bluff, or she's crazy... either suits me. Watching on, Kurai once again had to give Yomi a hand, she moved flawlessly. Akira sensei always stressed his affinity towards taijutsu and only taking on the best taijutsu specialist of Genin and Chuunin rank, and he could see he found one of the best in Yomi, just judging off of how well and confident she moved. A massive swing was directed at the first clone, the one that had side stepped and was in front of the transformed Kurai. A prick was all that was needed to destroy the clone. The clone would react in agony for a split second before dissipating. This would not surprise Yomi, as he was sure that she knew that it was a doppleganger.

Next, she would attempt to kick the transformed Kurai, getting the "explosive device" as far away as possible he assumed. He also observed crystals protruding from her leg and foot. Another interestring crystal technique... On Kurai's real body, the kick was aimed near his left shin, making it quite easy to dodge. He had been waiting in disguise just for this moment. All Kurai would do as the kick closed in, was cancel the transformation and doppleganger, and in the split second it took the smoke to clear, Kurai would appear airborne. His knees were at his chest, looking to get the most force from his kick as he extended it fully at Yomi's face. This was the extent of his scheme, a simple yet elaborate diversion. Pouting internally though, I wish I was stronger, with my current strength, this strike probably won't hurt too much. Not to worry though, that's why I am here, to get physically stronger. Kurai's speed, timing, and preparation all worked together to get him to this moment. If his strike landed, he would be eager to know just how ready Yomi would be to clash again. Regardless of the outcome, Kurai was out of tricks, and now thinking on the fly.

165:

Training: 1889

Uzumaki Ilya

Uzumaki Ilya

D-rank
The fact that the clone her swords had slashed through, made a lifelike expression of agony before evaporating completely, made Yomi quite content, but when the kick against the wooden block resulted in a large cloud of smoke, she was amazed that her opponent had such good control over his transformation jutsu, that was for certain something she had to praise him for after this bout. Without a doubt this Kurai would be a perfect person to team up with. His wits, his tricks and his calculating demeanor made him quite the fearsome foe and Yomi was certain that when he'd be trained a bit more, she'd never even be able to lay a finger on him except with something as grand as his own skills.

The fact that he had jumped up, visible out of the smoke and in that way a prime target, but also outside the young woman's reach, made it quite irritating for her to deal with, certainly when he seemed to be using the speed of the downward fall to his advantage, aiming to kick her straight into her face. It meant she had to test his strength now, but where as he seemed to have been out of tricks now, she still had two things up her sleeves.

She threw away the swords to her sides, making them stuck in the ground, while using Kurai's trick by attaching the chakra strings to them beforehand, after which she lengthened the strings so that the swords wouldn't react to her slamming her palms together to create a single hand sign, after which she made a full turn, swiping her right foot upwards to stop Kurai's incoming foot with her own foot, something he should've known she was capable off, after she had displayed the flexibility of her legs earlier during her solitary warm up.

The difference between their feet, was that yomi's foot was layered with a double layer of protective rock and the spiky, jagged layer of crystals that would hurt the young man without a doubt if the feet would connect. Lastly, Yomi would suddenly use all her strength to throw her arms diagonally over her chest, forcing the swords to be pulled out of the rock surface she was standing on and launch them towards her opponent. "I hope you dont hate me for using your own trick against you."

405/2394
chakra: 75/150

jutsu used:

Kurai

Kurai

D-rank
That's the effort I was hoping to see. Kurai remarked to himself as she spotted him quickly after rising from the smoke. Immediately she flung her two swords away, attaching chakra strings to each. He couldn't suppress his smirk as this marked the third time they showed to have something common in style. The first thing, was that they were both tacticians, Kurai gathered that much easily once he learned of her underlying plan in proposing her conditions. Second, was that they both had weapon creating jutsus. Thirdly, they liked the chakra string technique. It's like fighting a much sexier version of myself. Once the swords were thrown into the earth she slammed her hands together. Then, right as Kurai's foot neared Yomi's face, the shinobi never halting his attack, his opponent showcased her flexibility once more. In one fluent motion, Yomi's leg rose, having her foot meet Kurai's.

Given the speed and emotion going on, Kurai was barely able to notice the spikes that were created at the bottom of her feet. So what appeared to be an equal clash, was looking to favor Yomi. I don't have time to stop. It was too late, Kurai had too much momentum and not enough time to retract his leg or to alter his strike mid air. The dreaded clash had arrived. Sticking about a 1/2 inch into Kurai's foot were the spikes. Kurai  grimaced. The force behind his kick was surely enough to knock Yomi back a bit, but there was no doubt he took the brunt of the exchange. Once he landed, Yomi had her swords that she attached to chakra strings thrown at him. Beads of sweat formed on his face, and a weary look appeared in his shrouded eyes. Looks like I don't have a choice... pity.

Right as the swords neared their mark, Kurai formed one hand seal. Swoosh. Beneath his feet, the earth bended to his will. Through concentrating doton charka in the soles of his feet, he was able to propel himsel forward along the surface at blistering speeds, leaving the swords behind him to clang against each other. At a velocity of 35 m/s, Kurai would appear within striking range of Yomi, and due to the short distance between them, he presumed his movements would be nearly imperceptible to her. Still only wanting to use his natural strength, he continued with a basic right cross to Yomi's jaw with full strength.

150/200:

Training: 2293

Uzumaki Ilya

Uzumaki Ilya

D-rank
Feeling the weight and power of Kurai's kick upon her stretched out leg, she had to distriibute her weight slightly forward to refrain herself from buckling and losing her balance all completely. Though in the end, she still had to smile, when seeing the droplets of blood running down the black small spikes that covered her leg. This at least was a small victory, but she was certain that it wasn't over yet, since this guy was obviously so much more than those genin at her own rank, no, Kurai was smarter, more flexible in his strategies and absolutely worth the praise of their master; the Tsuchikage Akira.

And her assumption was right, because despite the pain he was most certainly feeling in that one foot, he still acted as if nothing had happened, which was quite commendable, but also didn't bode well for Yomi's desire to keep control over the training bout. A moment later, she was proven right.

In a mere instant after seeing Kurai make a set of handselas, he practically vanished from sight, leaping or striding at her like a blur, one which Yomi couldn't react to in any possible way and as the young womn's eyes had just widened when the chuunin finally became visible again, she could feel the full brunt of a sharp and mean left hook burrying itself against her lower jaw. In a moment that seemed an eternity for Yomi, she could feel the force of the punch travel through her jaw, followed by a feint snapping sound, before she could realize that that snapping sound was her being lifted off her feet and proppelled backwards like a broken rag doll.

Skidding across the surface, she finally managed to regain her bearings, leaning forward in a rather feral-like position, with her legs bend forward and spread apart, leaning on her right hand, while her left hand pressed against her jaw, which ached as if she had been hit by a wild boar's stampede.

"You…ouch,"Her jaw hadn't been broken or fractured, but the muscles holding her lower jaw in place had certainly been badly bruised, making it hardly possible to speak without feeling the same pain of a hundred syringes all over her jaw. "That…ouch…wasn't…ouch…something…ouch, I'd expect to happen."

395/2789

chakra: 75/150

all jutsu ended. cooldown Spike shield at 3/4

Kurai

Kurai

D-rank
That hurt me a little bit. The sight of Yomi flying was a sight to see. She slid across the rocky ground, before she lifted herself up in a hunched position while holding onto her jaw. It was clear she was shocked by Kurai's ability. No matter what Kurai showed his opponent, they should be confident that there was always something else. It was truly thanks to his training more than anything. He had trained himself rigorously, and worked just as hard to develop jutsus for numerous scenarios. There was no jutsu in Kurai's arsenal that he didn't feel was lethal, that was including Academy jutsu. At the current stage of their training, Kurai had to admit he was thoroughly impressed by Yomi. She was smart, competitive, and... pretty funny. Kurai looked down and began to scratch his chin as his thoughts went down a different path, one that wasn't admiring her skill so much as it was admiring her personality and looks. She is cute. Perhaps.... perhaps.

He shook his head. He began to flex his hand and looked down at the blood under his foot. His eyes finally made their way back to Yomi. "Once you learn to expect the unexpected... you can only expect greatness." Kurai said with a thoughtful expression, then barely audibly he said, "that wasn't bad" He reached into his pocket and removed a mini journal and wrote the saying he just came up with down. "We've both sustained some nice injuries, it isn't like me to resign after things just start warming up, but I feel we'll have plenty of opportunities to make each other sweat." Kurai put his journal back in his pocket. "I never thought I would meet someone so skilled in crystal release, and you use it so well with your Taijutsu. You have my respect, Yamada Yomi." Kurai stayed put for now, as he wasn't sure if Yomi was quite ready to call it a day.

Training: 2628

Uzumaki Ilya

Uzumaki Ilya

D-rank
Gritting her teeth, Yomi watched silently while Kurai was seemingly writing down the very same thing he was saying to her. But the fact that he seemed to be somewhat immersed by lyrical wordings and wordplays made the young woman remember her brother, who always seemed to like it, using words to taunt her, to get a reaction out of her, before she had been liberated by the bonds or rather the shackles of family. Slowly, she got back to her feet, taking a moment to rub her lower jaw gently, while at the same time cracking her neck, tilting her head from left to right. Obviously that would've happened after having been knackered like she was earlier.

"A good warrior knows their way to victory," Yomi sighed, while slumping through her legs, stretching her legs on the ground while sitting down and breathing in and out deeply to calm her mind and body. "But a great warrior knows when victory is not possible."

Looking up at Kurai, Yomi gave a rare genuine smile, simply because he had allowed her to have fun, just like he did at the training with Master Akira, Iwagakure's own Tsuchikage. And fun and excitement were the drives that kept Yomi alive, interested and intrigued by her path to become the greatest taijutsu and bukijutsu master in the entire shin obi world. Patting with her left hand on the ground next to her, she motioned Kurai to sit down next to her and relax for a moment, he'd earned it.

"Why dont'cha take a break to?" She laughed wholeheartedly, leaning back, while supporting herself with her right arm, holding up her left hand with her fingers spread out, as if she was trying to grab the sun itself. "Relaxing the muscles is also part of everry training. So get yer butt over here and relax, Kurai-san."

316/3105

training:

Last edited by Yamada Yomi on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Kurai

Kurai

D-rank
A good warrior does know when it is time to retreat. Recollecting Yomi's words and reflecting on a time when he was too blinded by his bloodline to recognize when victory was not within his grasp. Now though, his kekkai genkai was rarely revealed as he didn't feel it necessary most of the time. Yomi sat down, cooling down from the heated spar. 'Tap tap' A small cloud of dirt flew up from the ground that Yomi patted. The inviting gesture for Kurai to take a seat next to her was accepted. Yomi's mood was infectious. Who would have thought that an intense spar would bring out a more lighthearted side. She was laughing, and smiling genuinely, Kurai couldn't help but smile a tad as well as he walked over. When kneeling down to sit, he let out a muffled growl, as the pressure he put on his wounded foot was a bit uncomfortable. "I'm glad to get off of it for a while" Referencing his foot.

Kurai sat with both his legs stretched out, making a "v". He used both of his arms to support him as he leaned back a bit. Controlling and slowing his breathing. "Ahh, this feels good."

Glancing over, still perplexed by his new squad mate. Hanging loosely from his neck was his tie. It looked silly at this point, so he took it off completely and tossed it over his leg. Flying over head were a two butterflies. His eye twitched a bit at the sight of the insect on him. He then looked at Yomi and smiled nervoulsy, trying to mask his dislike for insects. "I love these things." He said with a slight tremor in his voice. Brushing over the area was a very slow and warm breeze, Kurai would exaggerate the coolness and give an animated shiver to shake the butterfly off. After clearing his throat. "I'm glad we got to spar before talking too much. I've learned so much about you already. There is one question I have though... what is your combat style? It seems versatile." Kurai then attempted to lift his leg up as far as possible to mock her. It only rose to about 30 degrees from the ground. He shrugged.

Training: 3008

Uzumaki Ilya

Uzumaki Ilya

D-rank
For a moment, Yomi watched calmly, as Kurai settled himself next to her. Sure, he wasquite handsome, the silent type maybe or the cautious type. In a way he reminded her of her brother Gon, who always seemed to be burried within his books, always scolding Yomi for her ignorance towards the finer arts of literature, poetry and philosophy. That very memory made her shake her head for an instant, since she didn't want to remember what had happened to Gon two months before, how he had been taken from her life in a flash. It wasn't as if she'd cry about it, but still, he WAS her brother.

"You dont sound like you like them," The young woman laughed, when the Chuunin pointed at the butterfly which graced him gently. "Not that I care, insects are just insects. They have nothing important to me and dont bother me."

He was right though, this spar was indeed refreshing and quite good to know what she had with him. Kurai was smart, careful and cautious in his actions, which in a certain way was quite the opposite of how Yomi worked, since she was more of an on the spot kind of person. No beforehand strategies, just simply think while fighting. Though she did sometimes show hints of prior-movement strategies, such as her set condition and what she did during the tests at Takigakure with Akira-sensei checking the two of them out.

"It's a form of savate," She suddenly answered, tapping her legs with her free hand. "It's focus lies mainly on the use of the legs. Though punches and strikes with the hands are also thoroughly thought in this particular style of martial arts, it's main strength lies in the flexible use of a human's strongest body part: our legs. It's quite possibly the most elegant, yet also most brutal of the leg-preferring taijutsu styles, since it does not allow for shallow strikes and focuses on hard, destructive kicks and a balanced, surprising defense with the same body parts."

The one who thought her this style was a clanelder from the Yamada, despite the fact that her father had opted to live a life outside the clan's compound as a weapon smith and later on a jewel crafter rather than a shinobi, Yomi and her brother Gon still had both attended the academy and had chosen their own paths. She had decided to take the path of the shinobi and had attended the clan's dojo for several years before she was ordered never to appear before her master again, after she had shown her…not so natural color of crystals in one of his tests.

458/3563

training:

Last edited by Yamada Yomi on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Kurai

Kurai

D-rank
His attempt to mask his aversion towards insects failed. Yomi had seen through it. What had interested Kurai during the spar was her unique fighting style, one he had never encountered. She explained the style in detail. A fighting style that focuses on the legs, stressing flexibility… the flexibility she showcased when I first arrived… and when she blocked my surprise kick. It seemed like a very effective style, making use of the human’s strongest body part, but at the same time not neglecting punches.

Yomi was unique. Her crystal release was something special indeed, and though Kurai didn’t know much about the advanced element, her style seemed peculiar. All the crystals she generated were black, and they gave off an eerie glow. I’m sure that is not a natural color for them. “Savate- A unique fighting style, crystal release, and good looks… you’re dangerous.” He said looking at Yomi with a slight smile. “You should know my style too if we are going to be working together. My specialty is also Taijutsu, believe it or not. I have a custom style that is almost solely reliant on tactics and diversions. I don’t have a name for it yet. Most of my energy is centered on formulating a strategy because it enhances the probability of landing a strike in close. The strategy usually implements deception. Very simple in theory, but in practice it can be very challenging. We live in a world full of deception, so tricking and outmaneuvering anyone is a challenge. It has required me to train my eyes to notice certain things in combat.” He hoped that gave Yomi some insight as to how Kurai operates. Nothing could replace actual experience working together, but he thought it was a kind gesture to explain his methods aloud.

Devising strategies for him to use in combat was exciting, but to now have a partner… it increased the number of strategies he could come up with. I’m so excited. Having to mix their two styles, complement each other’s strengths, and compensate for each other’s weaknesses, it was going to be a blast. From the last trial with Akira, he could tell their sensei was looking forward to helping the two shinobi develop together.

Training: 3389

Uzumaki Ilya

Uzumaki Ilya

D-rank
Giving a rather empty smile, Yomi listened to Kurai calling her good looking, it wasn't that she didn't like to hear it, but she didn't really care. After all, it was only natural that one who would train daily, exercising whenever they could to sculpt their body into a well of raw strength and speed, it was a natural extra that the body would look healthy and strong. Ofcourse Yomi did not know what people thought about her face or so, since it was just that which didn't interest her, all she knew was that her canines were large than usual and that she had a rather intimidating look in her eyes.

"So, a style based on deception and diversion, hmm?" The young Yamada woman hummed a bit, while laying down and looking ath the clouds, while placing her arms under her head like a pillow. "Well that would explain the heavy use of transformations and clones, not to mention that fire-trick you used at Takigakure. That was Genjutsu, right?"

The young woman knew that genjutsu was probably one of the types of specialization which were the hardest to counter, certainly by someone like herself, who was practically forced to get close to her opponents and where those without genjutsu would have no more exit when she would get close, those with that particular skill, still had a considerable advantage.

"So…why not simply call it Despair, that style of yours?" Yomi laughed, with a slightly excited look on her face. "I bet when you combine that with the use of your genjutsu, the name would be obvious, since I dont see a person who would not fall into despair when realizing that their opponent can read their physical moves, while altering their own perception on reality."

Thinking about it, the young woman had to include herself to that list, if it were only taijutsu, she most likely had the advantage, but the idea of not being able to read the opponent's moves was quite a nightmare. In a way, she finally understood why she was shunned by most of her clansmen, because her Black colored crystals were so vastly different from the usual pinkish hue that many of them thought that it was a manifestation of something deep within her. Yomi knew why her crystals were black though, the explanation was quite simple in a scientific way, but the members of her clan really had a weird, supersticious view on everything regarding their own crystal release.

"Ah well, if there's one other thing I want to learn," She said, while sitting back up, looking at the tattoo on her left arm. "It would be medical ninjutsu, because with that, I would be able to transcend the limitations of taijutsu or bukijutsu and create a whole new style. After all, my goal is to become the most powerful taijutsu and bukijutsu master in the entire history of the shinobi world, but to do that, I'd have to be able to beat…for instance those Konoha Hyugas, who are seen as the greatest masters in taijutsu."

523/4086

training:

Kurai

Kurai

D-rank
Yomi took some weight off and plopped herself down. As she gazed up at the clouds above, she commented on Kurai's style. It all seemed obvious now. She pointed out the use of clones, transformations, and was even perceptive enough to realize he used Genjutsu during their first spar in Takigakure. "Very good. I did use Genjutsu in our last fight. Akira sensei's words struck me though. Some could make the case that I overcomplicate things. Also, sometimes I use Genjutsu on a whim, in certain instances where it is not needed. That was my goal once I saw you here on the training grounds. My goal was to create a plan void of Genjutsu and stick with it, since Akira had pointed out that I should have followed up with my strategy of using senbon." After speaking, Kurai flopped down too. Adopting a similar pose as Yomi, with both of his hands behind his head.

Despair... That was the name Yomi felt his style should be called. He was perplexed at first. Once she started laughing and looking at him with an almost thrilled expression, he became even more confused. I have to hear her explanation on choosing such a name and being so happy about it. The explanation had arrived. Kurai nodded at Yomi's words. "Altering perception is a terrifying ability to go up against. It takes immense training to develop the chakra control needed to carry out such jutsus. There is a flaw to Genjutsu though. In order to exploit this flaw, just as much training and dedication is needed. The first option is strategy, this might be difficult for you." Kurai said, not able to hold back a laugh. "The most powerful Genjutsus have limited range. Therefore, strategically keeping your distance while still attacking is key to discovering an opening against a powerful Genjutsu user. Now, if you're going up against an opponent whose abilities are a mystery to you, it is always wise to keep a safe distance until more intel about the foe is learned. Second, is developing a heightened perception. Either naturally or through chakra. Those with heightened senses are able to find holes in Genjutsu much easier than those who do not have such keen senses. That second option might be your salvage against Genjutsu users."

Kurai hoped he wasn't too pushy with his information. He was also hopeful that she found some of it useful. He liked her style a lot. She was clever, as she had shown quick thinking on multiple occasions. Also, she was a fighter, and a fighter can never be counted out. Her losing to Kurai's Genjutsu was only going to motivate her to mount a threat to his diversionary style... aka... "Despair".

Yomi rose back up to a seated position, his eyes followed her. His neck lifted off his arms as she looked at her tattoo, beginning to explain what other specialty she would like to learn. Once she stated Medical Ninjutsu, his head quickly fell back down. "Ironic. Medical Ninjutsu is my weakness. My body resists medical chakra. It is part of the reason I have adopted such a reserved style." He let out a sigh. The other part was his bloodline. He was under the Kage's orders to reframe from using his clan's techniques out of fear that he might become a target for those looking to obtain his clan's power. "The Hyuugas are infamous. The one Hyuuga I saw fight... wow, his movements were so fluent and efficient. Besting any Hyuuga will be a true test. Something tells me though with Akira sensei as I teacher, you have a really good chance." Kurai paused for a moment.

"I on the other hand, am definitely motivated to be an elite shinobi, but my aspirations transcend the physical. My passion lies in adventure. Already I have been through many trials, and I look to share my experience through lyric to inspire people." Kurai pushed himself up to a sitting position and looked at Yomi, "Don't worry though, I'll make sure I give you all you can handle in the Taijutsu department. Like I said earlier, it is my specialty and I'm pretty darn good at it, if I may say so myself."

Training: 4102

Trained Endurance from E-3 to C-0: 2000 words
Trained Strength from E-3 to C-0: 2000 words

Training (remaining): 102

Uzumaki Ilya

Uzumaki Ilya

D-rank
"I knew it," Yomi sighed, closing her eyes and enjoying the calm and peaceful moment she was having with her teammate. Sure she adored the heat of battle, the rush coarsing through her veins, but sometimes peace and quiet could work too. "It's the only thing which made sense, since normal flames wouldn't get so blindingly bright. Not so far as I know, so I thought it had to be genjutsu or my eyes were really getting way to sensitive."

Laughing for a moment, The young woman opened her eyes and looked at Kurai. Her laugh was quite hollow and didn't even sound pleasant, while in her eyes, there was something a normal person couldn't explain, a hint of madness perhaps.

"Deceiving people is part of battle, part of strategy and part of winning," The Yamada woman spoke softly, rather monotone, as if she was lecturing Kurai. "But genjutsu is a level of its own in deceiving and cheating people. In a way it lacks the power to be deadly on its own, but compared to the highest form of taijutsu, even the smallest, most harmless Genjutsu can become a lethal weapon when used correctly and it is just THAT which irks me."

Holding her hand, with her fingers spread out, in front of her face, she watched through the space between her fingers at the young man who unbeknownst her, was actually part of one of the strongest if not the strongest genjutsu using clan. her expression turned slightly vague, as she started to move her hand slowly from left to right, suddenly slapping the moving hand with her other hand.

"This is how genjutsu works I think," She suddenly grinned. "It distracts you, making you look or search for something, yet while you do that, you leave yourself open for the actual move an opponent would make. Argh, that's why I'd rather have medical ninjutsu or just ninjutsu…they're just more straightforward and more pleasurable to use. And yes, you're good at taijutsu, there's no doubt of that, why else would you be in a squad with Akira-sensei, aint that right?""

363/4449

training:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.