Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
Bumpity (really want to play asap...)

2Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:37 pm

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Soft Body modification is a banned ability and the other two jutsu are both canon summoning jutsu. As such, they would require Kuchiyose to perform. Being canon is fine, but they would not be clan locked, similar to the suiton based jutsu that the Kisame clan shares with the suiton library. Unless they require a specific kekkei genkai to perform, canon jutsu are typically to open to any who want to learn them.

3Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:41 am

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
Made the necessary edits:

-Removed cannon jutsu in favor of custom jutsu
-edited drawbacks

4Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:57 am

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Specifics regarding the damage an defensive capabilities of jutsu at all ranks can be found in the jutsu Guidelines. Please use them to specify the capabilities of you offensive/defensive jutsu. As for the jutsu that is meant to bind your opponent, you will also need to specify what exactly it takes to break free. Saying things are mud release isn't really necessary. The jutsu as they are now wouldn't even really require suiton to pull off. Mud based jutsu are just something that are inherently usable with the doton element.

I'm not exactly sure how your kkg that lowers jutsu effectiveness would work. Having seen a jutsu before simply opens up more counter play options for you, but it wouldn't decrease the damage done to you. Fire wouldn't be any less hot because you've seen it before, nor would blades of wind be any less sharp.

5Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:48 am

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
-Removed genjutsu drawback in favor of global drawback
-added frail to mandatory sc
-edited jutsu specifications
-removed ninjutsu rank- lowering ability

6Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:10 am

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
Sorry for another bump, but it's been a week already and I REALLY want to start having dome fun.

7Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:38 am

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
"They have pasty white skin, flexible body and extendable tongue. They also have the ability to swallow and spit out large objects, just like how a snake swallows a prey whole."

This portion of the description I'm assuming was to do with the Soft Body Modification technique, so you should edit it out unless you intend to make these clan jutsu of their own.

Typically for a forced negative characteristic to count as a true drawback, it comes with the stipulation that you not take a positive characteristic to balance it out. I'd ask that at least one of those forced negatives adheres to that.

All three of your jutsu need to have their cooldown times at least doubled.

Hardening Mud Snake- I'd like to see this limited to one post without incurring some kind of drawback yourself. We are beginning to crack down on any form of paralysis. That being said however, I'm less opposed to this because of it being physical bindings, but I still need more details about what it takes to break it. i.e. What rank of strength would a character need to break free on their own through brute force? Suiton jutsu can not be the only method to break free from this. Any offensive jutsu of B-Rank or higher should be able to break the mud.

Rebellion- When I asked you to specify damage, I meant give numerical values, not direct me to the jutsu guidelines xD. Typically jutsu should not be doing max every type of damage at their rank. If you want to maximize impact force, you'll have to minimize cutting/piercing damage done, if any. Also, keep in mind that each individual snake will not be doing B-Rank damage. That is the damage the jutsu does when they hit together.

Retreat- Limiting how many people you can protect with this isn't really necessary. As long as you can get them within the protective range of the jutsu, you can shield them.

8Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:49 am

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
-edited the KKG description, removing body modification hints in favor of more natural description.
- edited cooldown of jutsu to 5-6 posts
- edited hardening mudsnake and rebellion description

-kept the initial Retreat description (since there's never a problem with pointing out the obvious)

-hardening mudsnake restricts/traps, it does not paralyze (think: Gaara's sand coffin jutsu for reference)

9Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:26 am

Tame

Tame

D-rank
Your KKG and drawbacks are tidy and nice, well done.

Hardening Mud Snake: State that the jutsu can only be used one way (offensively or defensively) per use of the jutsu.

Hardening Snake Scales Technique: Detail the amount of strength/speed increases/decreases per rank. (C-rank typically gives .5 of a rank, B gives .75, A gives 1 rank, S gives 1.25 rank. The speed decrease should be equal to the strength increase if you want the damage reduction.) Detail how much each rank of the jutsu can reduce damage by.

10Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:18 pm

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
Final Bump

11Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:34 pm

Tame

Tame

D-rank
1/2 approved. Just want someone else to take a look at Hardening Snake-Scales.

12Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:43 am

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Just to clarify, the damage prevention from hardening snake scales is only basic attacks and not jutsu, correct?

13Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:51 am

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
Indeed, it only strengthens basic attacks and only lessens the impact of an enemy's basic attacks.

14Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:15 am

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
In your hardening mud scales jutsu, you say that the technique hardens cell walls... but animal cells don't have cell walls :3

BUT other than that, this looks good. Nicely done~

Ouroboros Clan Split 7khkzIW

15Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:08 am

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
Just saying but shouldn't this clan be moved to konoha already?

16Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:05 pm

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
Divided Ouroboros Clan in Orochi and Hebi Path, with only appearance difference and minor path differences.

edited hardening snakescale jutsu from C-S to C-A, used new stat system for jutsu and made cool down for each rank higher.

-removed several drawbacks to balance clan (though none have impact on current character Orochi Risu)

17Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:20 pm

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Drawbacks restricting specific elements or specializations for clans don't rate very highly towards balancing purposes. If they suffer from innate pharmacophobia why not just force them to take that Special characteristic? 3 negatives is a drawback, however forcing them to take agile and reflexes are not. I mostly consider the innate pharmacophobia and the 3 negatives to be the same drawback, since it should just require clan members to take the SC without balancing it. There will need to be another drawback for the stats starting at D rather than E. It might not scale as well later as a +1 tier, but it is essentially allowing you to skip straight past 4 tiers of training.

18Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:33 pm

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
In addition to the changes to the clan requested above ... here's the review for your jutsu.

Hardening Mud Snake: Give these a set duration for each rank. Also, specify that even with the creation of two snakes, both are required to have the full defensive properties. Also, where it says "an enemy with a higher rank of strength than the user", does this literally mean a whole rank, or a single rank tier?

Hardening Snake Scale: For the B rank tier, I'm not comfortable with a +2, even if you have the -1 to balance. Change that to simply a +1, with no drawback. Additionally, the duration says "depends on rank", but it's not mentioned at all. Clarify this.

19Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Fri May 02, 2014 9:59 am

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
edited mud snake:
-use of normal jutsu counts to break out or get past the defensive and constricting form.
-included the recommended two snake use at A rank, stating that if only one snake is succesfull, the jutsu is equal in all terms to the B rank version.
-gave all rank durations (1 post offensive, 2 posts defensive, constricting)
-removed higher strength phrase in favor of normal defensive jutsu rules (plus it was confusing)

edited hardening snake scales:
-gave durations and cooldown times
-edited B rank to recommendations.

20Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Tue May 06, 2014 5:13 am

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
-lowered the starting extra from one rank to two tiers.
-rephrased the pharmacophobia into the negative SC section.

need approval...

21Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Wed May 07, 2014 3:04 am

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
bump

22Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Fri May 09, 2014 10:48 am

Tame

Tame

D-rank
Really, I see this:

-20% WC on Nin and Medical.

2 free tiers on RT (not a +2 at all times, simply starting with more).

Free item in a scalpel.

Balanced by:

1 unbalanceable negative SC.

x2 WC on Genjutsu, with +20% Ryo cost.

Not enough drawbacks; I find that singling out Genjutsu only raises my suspicion that you're adding a drawback that will not affect you at all. Add one or two other drawbacks.

23Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Fri May 09, 2014 1:54 pm

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
-added path-depending drawback
-added taijutsu to the increased WC/ryo section
-added element section to increased WC/ rho section (I'm going for ration so it does affect me)

24Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Fri May 09, 2014 2:06 pm

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
Hardening Mud Snake: For the defensive capabilities, it should only be able to block against three techniques of a rank lower in accordance with the new rules.

25Ouroboros Clan Split Empty Re: Ouroboros Clan Split Fri May 09, 2014 2:23 pm

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
edited accordingly

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.