You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Aethir

Aethir

D-rank
Aethir, after being rudely intruded by the apartment land lord, rested in his home, head burning as he stared lazily up to his ceiling. 'I guess there is such a thing as over exhaustion.' he sighed, looking over to his window nearby. The landlord from earlier wanted to speak with Aethir about ninjutsu, trying to get into it as well...but then he saw that the ronin was sick. 'I wonder if a called a doctor...Nah...' Aethir smiled to himself. He saw the clear day, smiling weakly to the bright blue skies. "It's such a nice day... Damn- Ngh..." the ronin began coughing, putting a hand over his mouth as his voice became strained. He coughed for a good two minutes, breathing in and out quickly before relaxing. It must have been him training multiple times in the rain that caused his body to become like this...But he couldn't help it... It always rained when it's time for him to train... Aethir inhaled, his chest making a 'humming' noise, exhaling...and soon going back to coughing. "This sucks..." Aethir breathed sharply through his nose, preventing mucus from dripping, the ronin closing his eyes as he felt them stinging... His home was a mess, Aethir usually just tossing clothes around and such. But he would never leave dishes uncleaned or leave the garbage piled up. The home, nearly as dark as a cave besides the light from the window, was bacteria free almost... just junky and unorganized. He opened his eyes to the window near him again, sighing. "I hope none of them are waiting for me..." he groaned, remembering his 'students' who eagerly wait for him in the forest for more training... He shrugged, his pale body feeling sharp pains in his joints... It appeared that Aethir wouldn't be running as fast as he usually would be at this time of day, or anytime today at this rate. "...I think I'm dying..." he sighed, closing his eyes as he admired the silence...

Word Count: 339

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Rippa had been sitting in the clinic for most of the day avoiding home like usual. He just didn't want to be there. It was nothing more then a luxurious hell hole to him. All that comfort and he was just tortured there.  He looked over to the couch off to the side of his office. The cushions had been rough on his back but it had served well enough as a bed in the event last night that he had decided not to return home. He had spent too much time away from home and now he felt cheated with the recent passing of his father. It wasn't like the disease had been a shock to him but no amount of preparation ever actually prepares you for anything. It's all just a cushion when the truth of reality comes crashing into you. Still even if he wasn't going to face it directly the experience wouldn't destroy him just yet. His bigger concern was that he had become aware since his fathers passing that he was being monitored. At first it had been just paranoia but now he was certain that people where watching him. He would of thought it was guards since he was the new head of the angel branch but the individuals were far to sketchy and avoided him. Which just made him suspicious all the more.

Still when the phone rang he snapped back from his deep thought process. He cleared his throat before reaching out and grasping the black phone and lifting it off the dial. Answering it in his most professional tone as he tried to pretend he wasn't completely distracted a moment ago. "Dr. Chi Rippa here.  Oh yes this is the free clinic. Oh yes of course. Let me just get a pen here." He reached out with his free hand and snatched up a pen and a blank piece of paper before scribbling as he talked. "Alright and you say your concerned for your tenant? He seems sick huh, well it doesn't sound serious but I would be happy to stop by for a house call. The address? Mhhm....mhhm alright I will be there shortly. Please inform him I am coming."

With that he hung up the phone. He moved over to his coat rack and picked up his white doctors coat. His apparel was actually fairly simple. He was wearing black pants and a black button up shirt with a black tie and black boots. The dark color for mourning his father. He was respectful about it if nothing more.  Still he slipped into his knee length white doctors coat and slipped on a pair of thin wire framed reading glasses. He didn't really need them but it helped his vision just a tad during examinations. Lastly he grabbed his medical scroll just in case and quietly left the office. Locking it behind him before heading towards his would be patients apartment. His pace casual but slightly hurried as he was eager to distract himself.

WC=514

Aethir

Aethir

D-rank
Aethir was out of his bed, in his ironically neat kitchen, fixing him a sandwich. The bread was normal, lettuce, olive, the usual. Only instead of meat, he places half cut strawberries on the bread, slowly licking his lips with a weak smile. "This'll get me up an at 'em..." he said, his voice raspy as he took a bite from the sandwich. Usually, this was the part where the landlord would complain about Aethir's nearly dying moans, but...the ronin didn't moan. He groaned as he dropped the sandwich and fell on the ground. "That...." he sighed, closing his eyes to rest for a bit, "That had....no....taste." he said before inhaling deeply and...violently coughing. He sat up as he began coughing, his tiredness still present. The coughing was the thing that was obviously keeping him up, Aethir inhaling, careful not to trigger his coughing again, and exhaling just as carefully. "Hmm...Eh, doctors are too expensive. I'll probably just...pick up...some ...turtles." he said, the fever apparently starting to effect his line of thinking as he made his way to the door. He unlocked it...but then stared at the door for a moment. "...Mmm...Just a nap." he said, the fever OBVIOUSLY making him forget to lock the door back as he fell onto his bed, his face facing the roof as he sighed. He rested the best he could as the coughs...continued to keep him up. Eventually, the ronin had another complaint... "It's hot..." Aethir said as sweat began to form, throwing his brown jacket and red shirt on...another pile of clothes, the ronin continuing to rest the best he could.

Word Count: 624

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
When Rippa arrived the land lady had of course been to busy to greet him. But he had the address. He really didn't like showing up unannounced looking like a door to door salesman. So he walked around the complex asking about for the land lady until he ran into her finally. He bowed and introduced himself and within a moment he was being led by a rather red in the face little woman. Apparently she wasn't so sure as to why he couldn't just introduce himself. Doctors are supposed to have social skills right? Either way she led him to the door and opened it without knocking. Which shocked Rippa at first in a way that made him rather embarrassed but regardless he was ushered in as the land lady called out that Aethir had a visitor and to clean his apartment. Before she just closed the door. Rippa blinked as his eye brow twitched. The woman really had no sense of manners.

Still he blinked as he recognized the name from something in his memory. But it was so far gone it was hard to remember. Like a thought just outside of his grasp. He kept trying to figure it out as he moved along the hall. He wasn't entirely sure what the lady meant. The place was clean enough. Sure there were some clothes laying about but that was to be expected of a man living alone. Still when he rounded the corner his blue eyes picked up his would be patient as he pushed his glasses further up the bridge of his nose. His memory slipped into place once given a face and he smiled. The wandering boy from before. He had met him once and hadn't really seen him since. Still he looked pretty sweaty for the temperature.

"Well now. You sure look like you are enjoying your day." He said with a cheerful tone as he stood in the doorway to Aethirs bedroom. Observing the symptoms from where he was. Heavy sweating, exhaustion, and a fever by the look of him. Better then if the boy had been beaten in some way he supposed. Still when it came to sickness all he could do was help make the boy comfortable and gradually help his body fight off the infection itself. If he did all the work for Aethir then his body might not protect itself as well in the future.

Aethir

Aethir

D-rank
Aethir rested in the darkness of his home before he heard a man spoke. He slowly looked over to the source of the voice, his eyes having had watered to the point where this male appeared to be blurry. "Ah...! Bad...guys...robbing...my home!" Aethir's breathing accelerated, but soon coughed for a good minute. "You...I'll get you." he threatened, weakly failing his arms above him like a drunkard. He finally stopped, resting and panting. "Come...over here...so I can hit you...man..." he spoke in between breathes, resting on his bed. He finally stopped to wipe his eyes, wanting to get a better look at his 'enemy', Aethir tiredly glaring at...Rippa. "Eh? ...Rippa?" he blinked, eyeing the male, "...You've come to rob my home...?" he asked, almost forgetting for a moment that he was ill. He would have been more thrilled to see the person, but he was greatly fatigued from his sandwich making and ...'fight'. His eye lids soon lowered as Aethir rested back on the bed, putting a hand over his face. "Now I'm hallucinating... Rippa's in my home...What the devil happened to him I wonder...?" he sighed, feeling the room slowly start to spin...

Word Count: 831

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Rippa couldn't help but sigh at Aethir's response. The boy was feverish and nearly delusional. He watched the flailing attempt after a coughing fit with patience. Apparently the man thought he was being robbed of all things. And in his current condition not much would stop a robber from taking what they wanted. If Aethir even had anything they wanted. He doubted Aethir had any real enemies just based on his brief meeting with the boy. Still he shook his head before he spoke. His voice gentle but firm. In a no nonsense sort of bedside manner. "Now that's quit enough of that young man. No one is hear to rob you. I am a doctor for heavens sakes. Your land lady happened to have called my free clinic worried about you to some extent. So lay still while I prepare a couple of things. I bet you haven't even hydrated properly have you? Helpless as a new born you are."

He huffed as if in-dignified at being called a robber and moved into the kitchen. Avoiding what looked to be some sort of fruit smoothy sandwich mess and finding a clean cloth. He turned on the sink and ran it under cool water until it was soaked and rung it out a bit before setting it to the side. Quietly he prepared some herbal tea and added in a herb of his own to help with any head aches. He was dealing with some sort of cold or the flu as far as he could tell. Still he placed the tea once it was prepared on a serving tray and moved back into the other room. Kneeling down he set the tray next to him and took the wet cloth. Placing it over Aethir's forehead and then preparing a small glass of warm tea. Holding it up to Aethir's lips and tipping it back to try and get him to drink it.

"your body is currently heating up to fight off foreign antibodies in your system. And as it does so it dehydrates you quickly. Your feeling weak right now because your body has used up a great deal of energy and liquid that you have not replenished. In order for you to get through this more comfortably you need to drink fluids and rest. No solid foods for now. Now drink your tea. It will help clear your mind."

Aethir

Aethir

D-rank
Aethir blinked, eyeing the man almost lifelessly as he spoke of not robbing him. He soon walk away, Aethir inhaling and exhaling, almost accepting what Rippa was saying as the truth...until doubt came in. "A free clinic-...Doctor-...Your the guy from the... what- Doctor....You're a- Why is your clinic free?" Aethir, nearly taking ages to form a simple question, finally asked. "And I'm not a born of a helpless!! New! I am!!" he shouted, falling onto his back with a groan, trying to counter the man's helpless comment. 'So...hot...' he commented to himself mentally, 'I need to take this jacket off...' he looked over to his bare left shoulder, trying to take off...his skin. 'Well that's funny...it's already off...That...Damn...doctor...!!' Aethir sat up, glaring at the man in his kitchen. "Hey...! ...Stop undreshing me...wit out me knowing...at." his words were slurred and unfitting words filled the place of similar words as he fell back onto his bed, the ronin panting. "My body is not a coat rack!! You can't....Peck and chew a jacket to not...put on me!" he complained before staring at Rippa coming back over. He then felt the cold cloth on his forehead, Aethir staring blankly before giving a goofy smile.

"Refreshing..." he smiled happily, appearing to gain some sort of grasp of reality again. He then stared curiously at the cup of tea Rippa had. Eventually, he started drinking said cup of tea, despite shouting nonsense just a few minutes ago. "Fluids..." Aethir repeated, sighing as he felt the warmth of the tea travel down his body. "Fluids....Does...Does this count...?" he asked, poking the cool  cloth on his forehead, eyeing the doctor. He figured he'd better get all the fluids he could, including from this cloth on his forehead. "Doctor...language...too strong...Ukulele...no good..." he sighed, closing his eyes as he began to ponder. But as his eyes were closed, he saw odd shapes forming into people's faces, distorted versions of the people he's met. Suddenly, he was reminded of something, or what he thought had happened. "Rippa...?" he spoke as his eyes slowly opened to look at him, "Have you...Didn't you say you wanted to do something? When I first met you I mean. Didn't you...have a goal or something? Did you accomplish it?" Aethir eyed the doctor, waiting for an answer. If it turns out that he was just high off the fever, Aethir would accept this as an answer...Really, he'd accept anything as an answer in this state.

Word Count: 1276

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Rippa blinked as Aethir continued to speak nonsense and shook his head. Some people just didn't handle fevers well. Still the lack of fluids was likely to blame for his delirious state of mind. Some would of just been annoyed with it and walked away but Rippa understood the medical qualities of it. After all it wasn't like he had never experienced such things before. People he treated had fevers and such just as often as small bruises. He was just glad that Aethir had decided not to leave his apartment so that the sickness couldn't spread. Such things were typically highly contagious. A simple cough could spread it. Still he reached over and flipped the cloth so the soothing cool feeling would return. The wet rag could easily warm up on a hot forehead. So it needed to be switched over and re-soaked often. For now though he was just glad Aethir was drinking the medical tea. It was designed to help his body fight off the infection without doing it for him. Still Aethir seemed a little out of it still so he figured he would help him out a little further. He held his hand over Aether as a ball of green chakra seemed to hover just under his palm. With his hand outstretched he hovered it over Aethir's forehead and cheeks and then his throat and chest. The healing jutsu easily soothing the body of its symptoms. Not entirely but back to a near normal and sane state of mind at least.

Still Rippa raised his eye brows and chuckled as Aethir made a comment. So Aethir was recalling their older conversation now. It amused him some but still he spoke in a soft tone. His bedside manner was very good. " Not yet. I haven't pushed myself as far as I want to go before I achieve such a thing. But I am not here because of me. Your land lady called as she was concerned. Are you thinking clearly enough to sit up and finish your tea? I would prefer if you not drink laying down. I would hate to see you choke on your tea in such a state. It is meant to do more good then harm after all. And no that cloth doesn't count as liquids. It's to keep your temperature down. If you had any orange juice that would be best. And no solid foods for the time being." After which he would try and help Aethir to a sitting up position before pouring him more tea and placing the cup in his hands. While making sure his head was tilted far enough back the cloth wouldn't fall off.

Aethir

Aethir

D-rank
Aethir eyed the man after he had performed a healing jutsu, missing this as he had his eyes closed. As he heard Rippa speak, he seemed to be understanding every word from his mouth. The words didn't mesh together, and they made total sense as he heard each word, knowing the meaning of it, versus what he was hearing before Rippa had showed up. The wind whispering to him what time it was, or was asking for the time... Aethir sighed as he realized how idiotic and out of it he must have been. "Sit up? ...Ah yes." he nodded to Rippa's question, sitting up to take in more of his tea. He placed a hand over it, taking one long sip, gulping multiple times, eventually halting in ingestion of the tea. He then held the cup with both hands, smiling to the doctor before him. It didn't hit Aethir until he looked down that the cool cloth had fallen from his head, the boy sighing. "I should have known that didn't count as a liquid. Fluid. I mean it is full of liquid, but..." Aethir shook his head, sipping more of his tea. He then was curious of something. "Did you...recently become a doctor? Or had you always been a doctor...? Since the first time I met you I mean. I'm sorry if you already told me." he nodded to Rippa. "So...Where have you been? Hmm? Wandering around and what not?" he asked, soon looking inside of his cup to stare at his rippling reflection. "Now that I think about it... I have no clue where I've been this whole time. I guess I've just been living..." he said, almost to himself more than to Rippa.

Eventually, Aethir took another swig of the tea, inhaling and exhaling deeply. 'Now that I think about it...? Ironic. I haven't thought about where I go in a while now.' the ronin tossed his head from side to side, silently pondering. 'There's just too many questions I want answered. It's...annoying.' he closed his eyes tightly before reopening them, attempting to dismiss these thoughts of his. Now thinking how awkward the silence was for Rippa, Aethir cleared his throat and thought of a way to lighten the mood. "Ah well...! Rippa, thanks for the-" Aethir paused, eyeing the man's outfit, feigning shock. "Rippa...Have you- ...Did you always wear that black outfit?" He pointed, an exaggerated dumbfounded look on his face showing up as he stared at the outfit the doctor was sporting which screamed professionalism. Aethir was serious about the question, the ronin not sure if he had always worn that...But he was expressing his shock a bit too much to at least appear humorous. "It looks snazzy...and sharp." Aethir then grinned, looking at his bare top half of his body. "Maybe I should invest in an outfit like that~! Eh? What would you think? Hmm? Hmm... But then again, I don't think I scream professional..." Aethir shrugged as he stuck out his tongue , eventually finishing off the last of his tea, and lying on his back again. He sighed, eyeing his window, looking at the sky outside of it. "A map..." he mumbled, frowning as he started to ponder again to himself. 'That's what I need. To know my way around and to save time. A map...' Suddenly, Aethir thought about strawberries, rising up quickly to eye Rippa in horror and shock. "Wait..." he gulped, blinking rapidly, "What do you mean by...no solid foods? N-No...No strawberries...?" he asked, his heart pounding quickly as he began to breathing quicker and heavier, awaiting the doctor's answer.

Word Count: 1900

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Rippa chuckled and shook his head. The boy was just a silly mess of all things. Still asking him about his time and how he spent it as well as mentioning his outfit. Rippa pushed his reading glasses back up the bridge of his nose for comfort before opening his own mouth to speak. Prepared to answer all of the boys questions. "I am a doctor. I have been since you met me. Before actually. But I spend most of my time studying and training while running a free clinic. I have to dress professionally for my clinic to be taken seriously. As for strawberries, It's better if you stick to orange juice or tea with chicken broth. But you can blend strawberries down into a liquid and drink those. Just don't eat them in a solid form. Your body needs as much liquids and rest as you can get and soon enough your body will overcome this. When you feel well enough to travel I will leave the address to my clinic on your fridge for a check up. But for now I have other patients to attend to. Remember. Rest and liquids. No solid foods." With that he smiled and rose to his feet before walking to the fridge and placing his business card with the clinic address on it under a magnet on the fridge. He returned to the room and bowed his head before taking his leave. It was going to be a busy day.

WC 2023

Endurance
C ~> C-1, 575/575.
C-1 ~> C-2, 600/600
C-2 ~> C-3, 700/700

148 remaining

Exit thread

Aethir

Aethir

D-rank
Aethir eyed the man as he chuckled, anxiously awaiting his answer to his question. He then was told that Rippa was a doctor before they met, Aethir blinked and slowly nodding. "Ah... Then I guess I can't work there..." Aethir smiled, looking down at the only article of clothing he had on... His pants. Eventually Aethir gasped loudly, covering his mouth, hearing how he can still enjoy strawberries. Aethir listened to the rest of the doctor's instructions, looking over to his fridge curious as he started to move. "The address to your clinic..." he repeated, eyeing the doctor as he left a business card on the fridge. Aethir nodded as the doctor bowed, watching as he left the home of the ronin. "So...I can enjoy strawberries in a liquid state... Strawberry smoothies and juice should do it!" Aethir nodded happily before springing up to his feet, feeling fine. However, he was not aware that Rippa had gave him a temporary fix of health, Aethir whistling as he poured himself a glass of strawberry juice. "Alright then~! That tea Rippa fixed must have had something amazing in it..." he nodded, gulping down the strawberry juice. As he slowly made his way back to his bed, he immediately felt a bit lightheaded, the ronin sitting back on the bed. 'Okay...Liquid and dehydration is what he said... So maybe I should tone down the energy levels...' he nodded, thinking to himself. He was silent both verbally and mentally, just listening to the silence of his home as he stared at his jacket on the ground. "Damn...So that means no training, huh...? If that's the case, we'll decrease calorie consumption." Aethir nodded with a smile. "SO I WON'T GET FAAAAAAA- Oh no..." Aethir grew weak from his sudden singing session, lying on his back from using more energy. "Okay...So no being overly happy either... Got it..." he nodded with a smile. "Alright...So what can I do?" he looked around his home, thinking for a moment before sighing...

+++

"IT'S TIME TO PLAY~! CLAN FEUD!!!" Aethir slouched on his couch, staring at his television set. "ON OUT LEFT WE HAVE THE UZUMAKI CLAN!!" a crowd of people clapped as the man turned to his right. "AND ON MY RIGHT WE HAVE THE UCHIHA CLAAAAN!!" the crowd clapped more as the man backed away to his little desk. "WE'RE PLAYING THE FEUD! WE GOT A GOOD ONE FOR YOU TODAY!!" Aethir eyed the television set, chowing down on strawberry ice cream. "Uchiha's gonna win I think...Wait...Uchiha?" Aethir sat up, staring at the clapping Uchihas. "Huh...My mom was a Uchiha...Right? The woman my father loved? I'm voting for Uchihas now..." Aethir nodded, smiling as the TV show continued... "Okay. Name something that is-" The host didn't finish his question before an Uzumaki slapped the button. "UUUUUZUMAKI~!"  "UCHIHA!" Aethir blinked, waiting to hear the question. "SHOW ME UCHIHA~!" ...The board hesitated before a large 'X' appeared, the crowd sighing. "Okay. Name something that's stupidly annoying." The buzzer went off again. "UCHIHA!"  "UZUMAKI!"  "SHOW ME UZUMAKI!!" The board hesitated again before a panel near the number one flipped. "UZUMAKI WAS THE NUMBER ONE ANSWER!!" Aethir almost spat out his ice cream from laughing. "W-Wow...Now I see why people watch TV...That's too funny." Aethir then went silent as he eyed the Uchiha fighting against the Uzumaki clan. "FIREBALL JUTSU!!"  "Fire...? Katon?" Aethir eyed the uchihas using the jutsu, smiling wide. "I...I think I might have just learned a new jutsu..." Aethir smiled, watching how the fireball jutsu is performed... He studied this as he devoured strawberry ice cream, munching away at the strawberry bits inside the sweet mixture.

Word Count: 2532

[Exit Thread]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.