You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nousagi

Nousagi

D-rank
The idea that Nousagi was going to the broken down Kaguya temple to explore their past hadn’t been met well by either of his parents when he explained what he was going to be doing over dinner the previous night. Neither of them wanted any interaction with the clan after having been disowned simply for wanting to marry the one that they loved. And, because of this they wanted to keep their children within their own family and they had been mostly successful at this feat, despite the disappearance of three of their children. They didn't want their children to become involved with the notorious clan that they were no longer members of, technically. Yes, the same blood flowed through their veins and ached in their bones with their abilities, but they had not been part of that clan for quite some time, and they didn't want to be after being disowned simply for marrying the person that they loved.

But the will of parents often times aren't the will of their children, and Nousagi had gone against his parents will, venturing to the temple with determination to see the origin of the clan no matter what the situation of the area was. After all, Nousagi and his sister both wanted more interaction with the clan itself after their brother had taught them about it during their time away from the village. They wanted to know more of their Kaguya bloodline, more about their abilities, and that wasn’t going to happen when their parents kept most of that secret. And, that was precisely why Nousagi was where he was now, standing before the ruined Kaguya temple, his hand resting on one of the moss covered stones in contemplation.

Not long ago, Kaguya temple would have been well built and maintained as shinobi bustled about it, brought back to its original glory from the ruin it had become over the years. It had been something that the Kaguya clan had prized while it had been rejuvenated. The temple had been the basis for rebuilding the clan in itself when the clan had first decided to return the village hidden in the mist. They'd reformed the clan values on the ground that had been theirs from the very origins of their.. clan, making them known as a respectable shinobi clan rather than simple warmongers though that ideal would never completely disappear.

But, that legacy of the Kaguya had recently fallen to ruin once more.  With the battles that had gone on during the years of the current Mizukage, Ayakashi's, time the temple was no better than it had been when the Kaguya had first returned to Kirigakure. Now the temple was  in ruins, scorched and battle scarred as stones fell out of place and it was weathered from the constant rain and mist, overgrown by grasses and trees. It was disheartening to see the once magnificent temple in such disrepair and Nousagi wondered if it was ever going to be rebuilt again. The elder members of the clan who had maintained the grounds seemed to either be dead, or seemed to have little interest in rebuilding the temple once again after having to rebuild it already.

Still, there was still something to learn from the run down temple. There was still ancient knowledge there, even if it was in disarray. All one needed was a keen eye and able mind to find it. Nousagi gave a soft sigh, his hand moving from the moss covered stone that bore the scorch marks from battle and moved further into the temple, padding softly over the ground as his eyes caught every detail of the once amazing craft work. The building had indeed been a work of at when it had been at it’s full glory. He would have liked to see it before it had been leveled, but he had never had the chance to. His parents had never let him, and Usagi had refused to take them there while he had been alive because of how close it had been to the village when they had left it for those two years nearly four years ago. Never the less, seeing it now didn’t leave any less of an impression on the sixteen year old Kaguya.

Nousagi walked through the ruins of the temple, into what would have been the center of it, and looked up at a large statue of a Kaguya woman, stone empressed with faded red dots on the forehead and further red marks around the eyes. Nousagi had the red dots on his forehead, he and his sister both did when they were under the guidance of their brother. It had been something that he prized. The red marks under his eyes though, he was lacking, but he would have to get those tattooed at some point in time. He was a proud member of the clan after all, even if they didn’t think of him as one because of his parents.

Still, this place had history to him, and Nousagi gave a small smile up at the statue, reaching up to touch the crumbling stone. The woman was missing one of her arms and Nousagi could see it a few meters away, crumbling into nothing. It was sad, and his brow creased as he sat cross legged, staring up at her, his hands folded in his lap. “You must be sad that this temple has fallen again… I wonder if we’ll ever bring it back again. I’m sure it’ll be one of the new generation that does. When I am able I’ll be sure to.” He told the statue. “It’s a shame such artistry can be forgotten…” He murmured, closing his eyes.

He would meditate in this place for now, take in the sounds and feel of the surrounding area as much as he could. Meditation was something that he enjoyed when he had the chance to do it after all, out of the loud voices and annoyance that his two younger twin brothers were. The birds that annoyed the rabbits. He sighed and focused on his breathing and the sounds of the temple. Thinking of his family that wanted nothing to do with the Kaguya clan was silly when he was encompassed in their history. In and out. He’d have to take Rini here some day. In and out. There was a trickle of water somewhere close, water falling from the stones to the ground with a repetitive splish. In and out….

WC: 1100
Training: Speed E-1 -> D
Endurance E-3 -> D
Left over WC: 125

http://vividoeuvre.tumblr.com/

Kusono Kaguya

Kusono Kaguya

D-rank
"And don't get back up you little shit!" Kusono raged as he delivered a kick to the ribs of a younger clansmen. The kick connected, sending the boy a few feet away, rolling to a stop. The younger clansmen had challenged him, saying he was far superior to Kusono. Thought the kid was still in the academy, he had one hell of a mouth on him. The kid struggled to get back up, getting on one knee before struggling to get both feet under himself to push himself back up. Kusono walked the few feet to him, grabbing him up by his collar and hoisting him up, bringing him to face level."You just don't know when to quit, do ya kid? I admire that, but there are consequences to trying to fight outside of your skill level." Kusono used his free hand and delivered one punch after another to his stomach, sending tremors down the kids body before throwing him against a wall. The kid hit the wall with a thud, crumpling to a heap finally unconscious. Kusono smirked before dusting himself off and turning to leave the Kaguya training grounds. The few clansmen there broke rank and went back to their training without saying a word.

Challenges where common in the Kaguya hierarchy. Tests of strength where what got you respect and standing inside of the clan. Kusono learned the same way the kid had learned, by getting his ass beat countless times. By resetting broken bones, suturing up cuts, and dusting himself off and trying again. Though, the kid reminded him of his younger self. A loudmouth looking to prove himself. When Kusono was younger, he would always try and fight outside of his skill level. Rarely would it work out for young Kusono. More then likely he would be put back in his place, bloody and bruised and try again when his wounds healed. In the long run, it made Kusono a better Kaguya and instilled in him the power and will of the ancient Kaguya of long ago.

The ass beating he just gave the kid would do the same thing. If he was a true Kaguya, Kusono expected to see him soon as he challenged him, or another older clansmen to a fight. Otherwise he would be a coward in Kusono's mind. Kusono snapped back to the moment. He went back to his locker and put on his black and red Kimono and tied his signature purple braided belt around his waist. He put on his black ninja shoes and was on his way.

The training grounds of the Kaguya clan was inside the compound. A bit away from the houses and the administrative tower. The training ground was a large almost three football field sized arena. The ground was concrete layered with sand. The walls of the grounds where worn white. The ground was home to any and all of the Kaguya who trained there. From the clan head, to pre-academy clansmen. Anywhere you looked you could see a Kaguya fighting, practicing a jutsu, or talking with fellow clansmen. It was here that Kusono spent most of his time. There and the bar in Kirigakure, but that was beside the point. Exiting the sandy area and stepping onto the wooden floor that lead to the entrance to the compound, Kusono craved a drink of sake.

Kusono passed the few guards that paroled the grounds. Giving the few who he talked to waves and head nods. Within a few minutes, Kusono exited the gates and proceeded to the market district. Soon, the barely populated streets exploded with activity as he entered the market district. Kusono proceeded to his usual place. A dive bar almost completely hidden by the much taller buildings. The bar regularly let in minors to drink and was where Kusono bought any alcohol he needed. The bar was medium sized, featuring booths against the wall and bar stools placed up against the bartenders table, which was smack dab in the middle of the bar in a circular fasion. The bartenders table was manned with two bartenders. One for each side. Taking a look around Kusono could see a few people he knew for a fact where under-aged. A few used to go to the academy with him. Others just looked too young. Regardless, Kusono approached the bartender and pointed to a bottle of Sake. They exchanged some ryo and Kusono walked out, short and simple.

Out in the street Kusono opened up the bottle and took a swig before shoving it in his belt. The alcohol warmed his throat going down. It produced a small smile out of Kusono as he headed for the village gates. The roads where less and less populated as Kusono reached the end of the market district. Then booming back to size as he approached the village gates. All kinds of people could be found at the gates. Villagers, ninja both foreign and domestic, traders, mercenary, and anything else you could dream up. Kusono showed a paroling ninja his ID and was approved to leave. He began his long walk to his favorite drinking place.

The old Kaguya temple was run down and deserted. Any windows where void of glass. All the walls missed at least a few of their stones and any writing on banners, tablets, and walls was far too warn to read. Lost to the sands of time, their meaning a mystery. Kusono proceeded into the center of the temple, the courtyard and was about to find a place to sit and drink his sake before he found an intruder in his midst."Explain yourself before I have to show you what your organs look like, intruder!" Kusono yelled to the back of the intruder. Kusono waited to see who the intruder was, maybe a theif trying to find some treasure in the temple. Either way, if he had no business here he wouldn't leave without a few broken bones.

WC: 1001

Nousagi

Nousagi

D-rank
Surrounded by the soft sounds that nature provided him, though that nature was interwoven with the once great temple, Nousagi felt calm and collected, though there was still a rage deep down that he had for the other Kaguya who had allowed the temple to fall to ruin. Those able to should have protected it from the destruction that had befallen it. Still...there was something about solitude here that he had grown to like as he meditated, following the flow of his chakras with his mind despite his mind also being on his sister. Rini would have loved this place, but she wasn’t able to come. Not just yet. He’d have to bring her here eventually when she wasn’t so busy. After all, this was the place that had brought the Kaguya clan back to Kirigakure in the first place. Even had been recently abandoned by the clan, Rini would still like it just as he did. And because it had been abandoned, Nousagi didn't imagine that he would be interrupted. Not many people ever wandered to this area.

So when a loud voice disrupted him, his mood turned considerably sour. “Ach…” A noise of mild annoyance escaped Nousagi’s mouth at the sound of the loud words, bothered by them. He had been so intent on listening to the surrounding world, that the individual’s footsteps and voice sounded like thunder. It reminded him of his twin brothers, loud and obnoxious. How could you be so loud in such a place when it was already so calm? Giving a huff of air, he decided it would be best to speak to the man instead of allowing the other to attack him without a good reason. “...So loud and violent without cause. And here I thought that this would be a quiet place for contemplation...” Nousagi sighed, opening his eyes to stare up at the statue before him, a mildly annoyed look forming on his face. “...According to me, you’re the intruder here.” He replied coldly before standing in one fluid motion, spinning on his light feet so that he was facing Kusono.

Finally facing the loud mouthed individual, Nousagi carefully observed him, taking him in, his brow creasing a little as he eyed the usual makeup of the Kaguya clan on the other teen’’s face. Nousagi was vaguely surprised at that. Did the main branch of the Kaguya clan still send people out here, or was this man who looked about the same age as he was simply there for the same reason as he was? “A Kaguya... No doubt from the main branch?” Nousagi’s lips quirked to the right just a bit and into a smirk as he looked over Kusono, one of his eyebrows rising a little bit. He didn’t really know any other Kaguya clan members. He’d seen a few in passing in the academy, but they’d never really had much to do with each other, not that Nousagi would have had much of a chance with how much he had been in and out of the academy. “...I wasn’t aware that any others from the clan visited this area on a regular basis.” His gray eyes narrowed a bit. “After all, look at how far the temple has fallen in so few years. The main clan has let this place fall into such disrepair.  It’s loathsome. You would think that the main clan would take care of a place with such history and artistry. It's an important part of our ancestry and I'm sure our ancestors would look at us in disgust."

After pausing for a moment, Nousagi shrugged. " Despite the shame of the ruin of this temple and the fact that care isn't being put into it's reconstruction, I'll explain why I'm here so that you do not rush at me without cause and begin a battle that perhaps neither of us would win. My name is Kaguya, Nousagi, and I have just as much right to be here as you. I was simply curious about this temple and came to explore it, though because it is ruins there is not much to learn about our warmonger clan."

WC: 713 ( +125 from previous post )  
Training: Reaction Time: D-1 -> D-2
Perception: D-1 -> D-2
Left over WC: 38

http://vividoeuvre.tumblr.com/

Kusono Kaguya

Kusono Kaguya

D-rank
The intruder flinched at the sound of his voice. Was it because of fear or just genuine surprise? The stranger began to speak, not yet turning to reveal his face. General shit talking, Kusono had heard it all. It always ended the same way, with his opponent in a bloody pulp. Sure, he had a loud mouth. But he could actually back it up with force if need be. Kusono tensed up, the second the intruder turned around he would be poised to strike. He would teach them that they shouldn't desecrate the sacred temples of his ancestors.

The man pivoted and reveled his face, instantly Kusono's fist unclenched and he relaxed the muscles of his body. He could see the two red dots signifying the teen as a Kaguya clan member. "Wrong on that account, i'm a branch familymember." Kusono and his familyline where branch members. Though the branch/main family lines of the Kaguya clan where different than the hierarchy of normal clans. Currently under the more....'relaxed' leadership of the current head, the clan works under the current socially acceptable hierarchy. Main house members are eligible for higher ranked positions and basically given seats in the clans government. Branch house members can hold positions, but small ones at best. During his ancestors time, the rules where much different. Positions where fought for and each position was always open to be contested. Even the clan head's position was only earned through dueling the previous clan leader and beating him. Kusono agreed with the older ways where strength was still used as a testament of your standing in the clan. The Kaguya clan has grown weakened by the current head. They are falling behind the other two prominent clans of Kiri in prominence in the village. Soon the clan will be nothing but a staple in the clans history.

“...I wasn’t aware that any others from the clan visited this area on a regular basis.” His gray eyes narrowed a bit. “After all, look at how far the temple has fallen in so few years. The main clan has let this place fall into such disrepair.  It’s loathsome. You would think that the main clan would take care of a place with such history and artistry. It's an important part of our ancestry and I'm sure our ancestors would look at us in disgust." The kid had a point, the main family couldn't give two shits about the temple.  It's decrepit nature wasn't just because it was old, but because it lost its caretakers. Earlier in their clans history this place used to be their clan headquarters before the new headquarters was built inside of the village. Though the new one was more plush and comfy, Kusono would have much rather had the clan moved back here and fix the place up.

"My apologies, no one is usually here when I come here." Kusono reached for the Sake bottle stuck in his belt and held it up for his fellow clansmen to see."I usually come here to drink a bit and enjoy the quiet. But if you want to learn anything out here, anything worth learning is already picked clean by bandits or me. I have tons of scrolls in my room that i've already learned and looked through." The first time Kusono came to the ruins was when he was still in the academy. There was alot more abundance of secrets when he was younger. But as time went by they either ended up in his bedroom or on the village black market for sale. During his first few visits to the temple, he would pocket a few scrolls. After each visit other scrolls would go missing. It was a shame, some of his best jutsu where learned from the temple scrolls. Some where staple jutsu from previous powerful clan heads. Others where common knowledge that was lost to the current generation. Either way he would have killed to see the temple and its contents in pristine condition. It's walls, instead of scared and broken, would have been tall and white. The courtyard would have been elegant with lush flora and intricate statues and carvings. Instead it was overgrown with weeds, statues where rarely complete, or even there to began with. Either turned to rubble by accidents and time, or a centerpiece to someone's garden, sold by anyone who could carry it out. The only half decent statue left was of a female Kaguya member, maybe a clan head? He form was warped by the chipped rock and faded lines, but otherwise beautiful. The tattoos along and above the eyes could still be made out. That had always been the clans identifying mark. Kusono had his eyes tattooed when he joined the academy, his forehead was tattooed after to avoid it warping as he grew. It was a Farley painful process on both accounts. But it was one of the most proud moments of his life, to finally become a full fledged clan member.

Kusono looked back to the teen who called himself Nousagi. He had never heard his name before, let alone seen him around the compound. Though he was a clansmen and would be afforded any basic respect Kusono would give to any of his relatives. Though, if he wanted Kusono's personal respect,that would have to be earned. " I'm Kaguya, Kusono. I don't remember seeing you around the compound or during the academy. Now why is that, Nousagi?" Kusono said it with a rather condescending tone while stepping into conversation distance. It was odd, Kusono I had never met a Kaguya he had never seen around before. Thoughts continued to race through his head. Was this a traitor to the clan, a wannabe, or maybe just a bandit with a make-up job. Nousagi's explanation had better Chck out, Kusono did not take kindly to traitors of the clan. Kusono took the sake from his belt and eyed Nousagi. Taking a sip of the liquid burnt his throat. Tick, tock.

WC:1012

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.