You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Alright, he'd given the kid a few days to let his guardians know; so now it was time to get to work. Not like he had much else to do; things had been extremely quiet lately. Good thing, gave him time to work on his Fuuinjutsu on his own, which was how he liked it. Well, the note about the meeting had been sent out the previous day, so there was no excuse for Shiruku at least not to show up. The rest of his assigned squad never did, which irked the hell out of him; Raijin hated when people didn't show up to important events and such; but he would forgive them if they decided to show up now. Given his squad would almost guaranteed to be all Kenjutsu users, they could get some good outta this training too.

He'd picked the same meeting place as before; abet earlier in the day. More time to work, more time for conditions to change, and better chances to see the adaptability of his squad. He had his blade with him this time; his pride and joy, Brotherhood. Strange looking, what with the blue enameling and almost crazing looking hooked blade... but damn was he an effective weapon. With his family's signature seal emblazoned on the blade, he could be anything he wanted with it. And soon... soon Brotherhood's brother, Caladbolg, would be ready for him. Oh yes... that was going to make training his students so much fun. As unpredictable as he was with one blade... two would drive them mad.~

Ah... such fun.

For now however, he sat upon the ground in a seemingly strange meditative posture. Brotherhood was lain across his lap; however, instead of his hands being in front of him, or held in anything resembling normal meditation positions, they where pressed to the ground he sat upon. He was barefoot as well, which allowed for the contact he needed for the jutsu he was using as he meditated. Lightning Release: Barrier Web. He loved this jutsu for times like this; so long as he was just meditating, he could maintain it nearly indefinately, and it made sure he couldn't be snuck up on; unless the person doing the sneaking could fly. He had lain the web fully above ground; in the bright midday light and against the pale dirt, the thin lines of energy would be invisible. No one would know it was there, just as planned.

Spoiler:

Shiruku

Shiruku

D-rank
Shiruku was heading back to the meeting place, where he had gone to see who his sensei was, with mixed feelings. One nagging feeling on him was a sore arm. His elders weren't too thrilled about his wanting to apprentice under his sensei and leave their tutelage, but after long thought and some odd glances of worry between each other, they agreed to it. They must've felt they had to do something to help if Shiruku was to drop all the sword techniques he couldn't do well so they had go back to the basics he knew and loved so well. The only downing part of their help was that they were draconian in their task to make him drop their sword flips and grip changes, only leaving the simple ones that he could do. Yet it helped and yesterday they did a little farewell party for their student moving on and they got drunk and somehow Shiruku ended up with a sore arm.

Now back to the mentioning of the worried glances, that confused Shiruku to no end. What could those glances have meant. From their hushed conversation, Shiruku could only get snatches of their conversation only getting out of it that someone wouldn't like that he wasn't learning their style. He wasn't entirely sure that his assumption was correct as they did give up pretty easily and threw a party for him and congratulating him for seeking skills for himself. Maybe it was just something to remember for a later time.

He shook his head of those thoughts and looked forward as Shiruku neared the area he had first met his sensei. Hoping that Raijin wouldn't attack since he still didn't have a sword yet, Shiruku walked quickly towards the meeting place. He didn't like to be late yet then again with all of his thinking he had slowed down considerably. He finally saw his sensei and hesitated at first when he saw him in a meditative position. He stopped nearby and called out softly to his sensei as he didn't know if his sensei underwent what he did when he meditated. "Hello sensei. How goes the meditation?" While he could've done something to his sensei, he went against the impulse as he felt anything he did try would end up with the tables turned on him.

Okita

Okita

D-rank
Okita had woken up quite early for once , this was due to his recent training at taijutsu so as he received the message he decided that this would be a good chance to show up on time for once. Leaving no time to think he just put on a white T-shirt ,white pants and his black sandals and just rushed out his home heading for the meeting place.

He had never met his nor his teammates nor his sensei but honestly ,he was looking up for a chance to train or least test his skills rather than get to meet them. Anyhow he rushed at full speed trough the village streets until he reached the place.

Okita entered the plateau. His face was a bit rugged and with his hair was in a mess as he obviously didn't have enough time to take care of him. As he neared the two unknown figures to him he took a confident stature and decided to pause for a second since he had no clue of what to expect. His breath was slightly deeper than usual yet there were no other signs of him being tired. 'Here goes nothing.' he thought to himself.

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Ah, there was Shiruku; so the other must be one of his other students. Good, good. Saved him part of the headache of hunting down and beating them later. With his eyes closed and back turned, all he knew was that there was someone there and not much else. The return information provided by the web was minimal; two people there, not much else. It was his ears that told him one was Shiruku; he'd memorized the sound of the boy's footsteps in their previous encounter. Well, time to get started. The next bit was pretty simple; merely increase the chakra flowing through the lines, charge with more Raiton, raise the lines a hair's breath for the split second for them to properly form....

Ah-hah!~

The next stage of his little jutsu; Lightning Release: Barrier Web. Now he was working with his specialties. Barriers, traps, etc; those where his best areas. The shot of energy was (literally) like lightning through wires; the thin lines of the original web growing fat and bright in the instant before the edges lifted high and up; arcing until they met directly over the colorful male and condensed into a net of sorts. The 'floor' of the web sank into the earth; a design feature that was a courtesy as well as a second layer of entrapment. It kept them from being constantly shocked; it would be a lethal trap otherwise, and given it was designed for detainment... yeah. Not good idea to kill via trapping when the point was retrieval usually. It would do the trick, for now anyway.

Stabbing Brotherhood's tip into the ground, he used the blade like a staff for balance as he rose to his feet, yanking it free and shaking the dirt off before laying the blade over his shoulder. Thick cloth, protection from the sharp edge, yep. "So, message was received then. Good, good." He turned to the unknown male, studying him for a moment. "Hnnn... you never showed before. What gives?" Not bothering to wait for an answer, he turned back to Shiruku, :Shiruku; what did your guardians say about my teaching you a new style?"

Spoiler:

Shiruku

Shiruku

D-rank
Shiruku realized that he was stuck as the dome of lightning set into place. He turned back to Raijin after doing a quick check to see how big the dome was. Raijin was getting up using the strange sword that he had with him when Shiruku saw him as he was walking over. From his quick glance, they had a good amount of space but with no weapons he'd be backed up into the wall of the dome in no time.

He had also noticed another person was stuck in this dome. He was confused and but Raijin seemed to know him somewhat as he asked why the stranger didn't show before. I guess he's my teammate. Then Raijin turned to Shiruku asking the question he knew was coming, "Shiruku; what did your guardians say about my teaching you a new style?" He grinned slightly as he answered, "They agreed pretty easily. I'd even say too easy as all they did was discuss the topic in whispers and then agree." Shiruku rolled his right arm around at the shoulder. "They did however try to take out the parts of their style that didn't fit with me."

After giving his answer to his sensei and now teacher, he turned to the guy he suspected to be his teammate and gave a formal bow. With a smile, Shiruku greeted the man. "Hello, my name is Shiruku Zetsumei. And you are?"

Okita

Okita

D-rank
Okita was caught within the barrier as well. This didn't seem to surprise him however, he just looked over the shoulder and then moved his sight over the the barrier trapping them. His look ended by being set towards Raijin. After receiving the question he paused for a second and then answered " I didn't feel quite ready. " . Okita then moved his hands in his pockets. He didn't feel quite comfortable in a space this limited. Wide environment was one of his key factors to victory, especially since he was unarmed. The fact that he had gone trough extensive training recently didn't help either. This meant he might not be at his best. Anyhow he chose to hide his emotions and took a deep breath. After closing his eyes for a moment and then slowly exhaling he responded to Shiruka's question. " I am Okita Akako. ".

Okita wasn't sure of what to expect so he moved his feet at shoulder width, and slightly leaned in his knee's. The leaning shouldn't of been visible unless a specific attention was paid to the change of his height. With his hands in pockets, his shoulders relaxed he just stood there with a serious and calculating expression on his face. He wasn't sure of what to expect but he realized that the element of surprise is probably going to play a serious role here. As always.

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Oh joy, this was already shaping up to be a fun meeting. 'I didn't feel quite ready'? Sounded more like 'I didn't feel like it' to Raijin's ears; but he wasn't going to jump to conclusions just yet. He'd give the man a chance, just as he had intended to. “Well, I'm glad they where receptive to the idea. Rather not have to deal with some old farts raging at me for doing my job.” He lifted his blade from his shoulder, starting to swing the blade around in slow, lazy arcs. Oh, there was plenty of space between him and the others, so they where safe for the moment. He was waiting for one of them to 'test' the strength of the barrier. Oh that was going to be funny. He wasn't above admitting that he enjoyed watching people shock themselves on his barrier. Few realized the amount of charge the web carried, and even fewer would think to avoid it.

“So, an Akako. Well, I was right about getting stuck with multiple swordsmen. Awesome. Well, you should know just by my clan that Kenjutsu isn't my main specialty. I'm plenty well trained, and been told I'mma pretty good teacher; but my specialty was, is, and always will be Fuuinjutsu. I specialize in barriers, obviously. However, I've learned to combine my specialties; so don't expect to be able to learn some of the things I can do.” He swung Brotherhood around one last time before lifting it up straight, level with his chest and pointed directly at the Akako. “This is my blade. This is my best friend. This, this is Brotherhood. You would do well to remember it; it may save your life one day.”

He shifted his grip, turning the blade so that is was perpendicular to his body, showing off the clan seal of the Tsukino; the Fuuinjutsu seal that made his clan and weapon special. “If you ever see this crest glow... run. Run for your life and pray it is not aimed at you. With this seal and my blade, I can stop you in you in your tacks with nothing more then a scratch.” He drew his own hand across the razor sharp reverse edge of the blade; not flinching when the blade bit into his flesh and the cut began to bleed. Upon his hand, formed a small seal. Kyuushu, one half of his person jutsu, Twin Seal: Kyuushu and Ikakeru. Also known as Attraction and Fire.

He stabbed his blade into the ground once more, missing his own foot by a fraction of a centimeter; the now freed hand used to form a ball of chakra that glowed bright and almost hot. This ball was thrown without warning towards Okita; exploding in another burst of light when it reached approximately 5 feet from the Akako, before forming a large upright seal midair. In a split second the seal had swiveled, tracking not the Ninja before it, but the small seal upon Raijin's hand. He lifted the tagged hand up just as the larger seal began to fire; 5 small bullets of energy directly at the exposed seal. Each bullet was infused with the Ikakeru seal; the part of the bullet that acted like a magnet to it's brother Kyuushu seal.
Even though the seal of Searchlight reacted to the presence of Okita; the fire of the jutsu was drawn to the seal of Kyuushu and Ikakeru.

Call it... showing off. Raijin tended to do that, fairly often. However, this was for a purpose. Scare tactic? No, not even. This was Raijin showing his students the kind of ability he had; the things he could do. Show them now, so that they knew what to expect. Okita was catching up to Shiruku in that aspect, so he was going all out for the moment.

Spoiler:

Okita

Okita

D-rank
Okita just stood there as he listened to his sensei's dialogue with Shiruku. The idea of being lectured by someone he could probably outmatch when it came to swordsmanship didn't seem to be of his liking. Still he listened patiently. Swordmanship was in high regard among the village especially among the ranks of Akako clan so he instantly understood that the blade he was introduced to was not a typical piece of metal. No, that was one fine piece of art. An Akako should know. 'Such a fine weapon used so recklessly ' Okita thought to himself as he saw his sensei swinging it wildly in the air. 'Few steps closer and I will snap that puny wrist and relieve the blade from such an incompetent user' Okita though as his eyesight ignored the swinging arcs and directly focused as his sensei's wrist. At this point something else caught his eye. His teammate had frozen in place and didn't seem to react at all. He stopped to wonder for a bit and then turned back to his sensei paying attention of what he has to say. After all the whole reckless swinging thing was probably an act. Someone as highly regarded among the village would probably know how to wield a blade not to mention being capable of protecting it. ' Thinking about how to strike down your sensei on the very first encounter' Okita smirked to himself ' And this is how you plan to become a better person?'

The dangers of the blade didn't pass his ear as he was warned. Nor did the whole seal demonstration show. A single draw causing bleeding... Being disabled with just a scratch... Okita was about to speak up to his sensei pointing out his own conflict of 'arguments' but at this point the orb of blazing light shot at him. He lowered his sight for a second just to reralize he was suddenly caught of guard and just managed to raise his hands and cross them before his face intending to cover from the blow. Luckily this was just a light show. Okita slightly lowered his hands to evaluate the situation and noticed something shooting out from the larger seal. He lowered his hands by his sides and ducked lower into his knees as he was just about to make a dodge roll. Luckily the bullets weren't targeting him so he relaxed and returned to his previous stature realizing he's not in danger...for now.

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Hnnn... He was souring more and more to the Akako. This kid's attitude just rubbed him wrong; very wrong. He had plenty of respect for the male's clan, sure; but the individuals? Rarely, if ever, did he find one he could stand. This was shaping up to be the case yet again. Joy. "Calm, kid. If I had wanted to hurt you..." He grabbed his blade again, yanking it free and shifting to lay it across his shoulder, "I wouldn't have bother with a seal, nor my blade. You... no. You would likely dance circles around me with sword skills. That I do not doubt, nor would even attempt to deny." He glanced at the slowly dripping blood flowing from his hand. He could see the cogs turning in the Akako's brain. He saw the cut as a weakness. Eh. His blood only flowed because he allowed it. With the amount of power surging through his body right now, he was having to release a constant discharge into the barrier to keep the would from sealing itself via cauterization. Well, that was enough of that anyway. The wound began to smoke for a moment, tiny arcs of electricity dancing across the wound until it was sealed from the heat generated. Yep; lovely.

"So. If I know your clan... you've likely though of a dozen ways to take my blade by now. You look down upon me, because my movements are flashy and excessive, yes? Tell me... did you once think that just maybe, that is part of the show? Really... it's a simple enough idea. Show off; act a fool... make them think less of you..." He began to move now, slowly making his way around the edge of the barrier; hand placed to the wall and seeming to attract the lines as he moved. If anyone was smart or cleaver enough to notice; they would see a new shape forming in the random lines of the web. Something solid... something different. 4 in total; seals placed in the wall. It was pushing the range of the tracking... but it would work. He couldn't really go anywhere, so it was worth it.

"I'd like to hear you speak, sirrah. I want to see just how right, or wrong, I am. Either is fine... I do rather enjoy critique, and really... who better to critique a swordsman then someone of the noble Akako, neh?"

Spoiler:

Okita

Okita

D-rank
Okita stood there as he was analyzed. Okita was judged quite right. After all his clan did share common traits of personality ,yet again Okita was proud but not a fool. He knew that his sensei was a special jounin for a reason. Being trapped in a field of electricity without a single weapon didn't help him either.

His sensei's first note didn't surprise him at all. Nor did Raijin's act of sealing his own wound. Funny, but Okita actually thought opposite of what his sensei suspected. After all, any sort of wound was to be carried with shame. This was not to forget what you had done wrong. You had to mess something up to get wounded at the first place. So in Okita's opinion closing wound was like hiding a mistake and thus avoiding a valuable lesson. Anyhow, this was not the case and nor the time or the person to teach about what he believe's in. After all, he had come here to learn. You can't fill a cup that's already full. No matter the consistence.

"You know those of my kind quite well." Okita said and calmly leaned his head to the side as he watched his sensei moving.
" Pretending to be a fool is not an uncommon tactic. Its important not to forget to remove the mask we wear, however."
Okita's back straightened as his pasture returned to normal. He wasn't quite sure of what his sensei had done, but its something that he must be aware of. Especially after a monologue like this.
" I am not familiar with your skills as a swordman just yet. What I can deduce is that you lack some kinetic awareness and that your not capable of fully controlling your blade... Least for now. "

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
"Oh, that's a given, of course. The greatest mistake anyone can make is forgetting the masks until it is too late. However... some of us don't even bother with a mask." He was finished now, the last tag was set; cardinal directions covered. He made a slight adjustment however, leaving an opening that would keep Shiruku out of the line of fire; not that he held much illusions of anything actually hitting the smug Akako. He knew the teen was wary; just as he knew the male couldn't know what he was planning. A specialty; one of his more... interesting 'tricks'. Tricks, feh. He'd once been told his seals where nothing but; and until the day he made one that could explode on command; most had refused to rescind the label. Now... well... he was given a wide birth in the battle field.

"Maybe, if you had stopped to think... you would realize that my style is... not aimed to be physically damaging, per say. You see... I needn't slash deeply, hack bits of flesh away to destroy something. I have.. other methods. My sword is an extensive of an interesting ability my clan has fostered for generations. I would think you missed it, during my previous demonstration. You seal, that seal... the simple, little seal... That did not appear because I placed it with that hand..." He shifted around, still walking, hand still upon the wall; until he'd reached his starting point. This placed him perfectly for the distraction assault. Full frontal charge against an Akako? Normally suicidal. However... with what he planned... well... no where to run; no where to hide.

"My clan, you see... we are masters of three things. Fuuinjutsu. Raiton. And... Touch-Transfer Fuuinjutsu. That is to say... if I so much as brush against you... I am able to place a fully form seal upon your body. However... I have taken it a step farther... with just a simple scrape of your flesh... I can d the same with my blades. So you see, I don't need to have perfect control of my blade..." His grip tightened as he spoke, arm lifting and taking the blade with it until it was in the most common of ready positions, hand finally coming off the wall and onto the grip; overlapping hands for a sword only meant to be wielded one handed for the most part. "All I need do it touch... and your time is up.~"

The sing-song quality of his voice could be downright creepy to most; but more to the point was the sudden appearance of four more of him from the walls; seeming to form from the energy of the web itself until they coalesced into perfect clones. Another of his specialties, Fuuinjutsu Clones. Literally, clones made of sealing chakra and his own Raiton. The scary, and fun, part of this jutsu. The seemingly formed while charging; Raijin himself bellowing a roar that was almost a hiss; similar to a Dragon's trumpet forced through the limited throat of a human. Straight line charge for the moment; all 5 of him; each with a Brotherhood in hand; covering all directions perfectly save for up (which was covered by the web, down (again, the web), and the small sliver through which Shiruku was spared being speared on a blade. So what if he didn't hit the Akako? The clones would explode like tag-bombs when they missed the target the second time, and that itself would be all he needed to royally screw with Okita's mind.

Okita

Okita

D-rank
'If Akako make's a scratch with a blade you have about 16 seconds to live for one of your major aorta's or artery's has just been ripped' Okita thought as his sensei explained him about his clan abilities and their relations with the blade. A scratch, eh? Okita wasn't at his best so a scratch will be pretty much inevidable if Okita ended up on the wrong side of the blade. Being put in the wrong position by the fate again Okita could just watch as 4 clones appeared.

Great, 5 opponents and a single scratch from them and the floor would probably be wiped with him. One thing calmed him. He knew which one was the real one. Being unsure whether the clones are illusionary or of a substance his only thought was - hit the real one. The fact that the clones emerged from the lightning wall did't help either. They had to be either an illusion or made of lighting. In either case something to avoid.

As the clones and the original charged at him he did one thing that seemed most rational. He charged for the original. He ran way slower than he could. He was unarmed and outnumbered. Defense was a priority so he didn't rush a strike either. Better to give your opponent a chance to fail. After all, to keep up with 5 opponents you have only two options; to be 5 times stronger or to use 5 times less energy. Nor the roar nor the amount of opponents intimidated him. He was familiar with different types of Kiai/chakra shouts. And 5 opponents... Well, your going to have your ass kicked anyways so fear will bring only hesitation and unnecessary natural self expressions of defense. While charging towards the real Raijin he said just one word : " Crap... "

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Well, least his priorities where straight. Ignore the clones, normally a good philosophy. Kinda boned either way here; what with the imminent explosions and all. Not that he could know that; but oh well. As Raijin had no intention of actually hitting the Akako; he really didn't have an issue dodging out of the way. Or rather, shifting just right to seem to blend with one of the clones; usually enough to 'switch' places and confuse an opponent. Not that it would likely work here; but eh, habits.

"You may want to close your eyes; eh.~"

A slight PING! of the seals being forced to break was the warning that shit just got real; 4 explosions going off in a covered areas? Force multiplied; for the split second before Raijin broke the web and allowed the pressure waves to disperse. And the smoke. Dear god the smoke. Hacking was never fun, yeah.

Okita

Okita

D-rank
As Raijin side-stepped Okita's charge there we're no doubts of what to do next. Okita just continued forth until he would reach the barrier. He finished his dash with a flip roll so he would end up facing his opponents and with his back to the barrier. Close enough to make most of the distance yet just an inch away from getting shocked. He obviously couldn't stand up straight so he had to lean forth a bit. Any how about this time there was the explosion. Okita's plan was to avoid being surrounded by opponents. This he had gotten right. But an exploding clones? Especially while blending between them and in a space this tight? That's a suicide.

Okita was obviously blown away from the explosion. He did try to lean further away from the electric barrier hoping that explosion won't be that strong. This gave him perhaps less than a second of resistance though. Okita was eventually thrown backwards like a sack of hay. During the airtime he did hit the barrier but the damage from it came by unnoticed by Okita himself. First of all covering from the blow was a priority. Secondly he was slightly dazed and disoriented. And thirdly he wasn't grounded so the short contact before the web was dissolved shouldn't have done much of a damage anyways.

Anyhow there came a moment of darkness. Just a moment but it seemed a lot longer because of the sudden rush of adrenaline. Okita was laying on his back as he opened his eyes. There where smokes, smokes everywhere. Next thing that hit him would probably be the pain in chest area and obviously his hands with which he tried to cover from the blow. The adrenaline would keep them at bay though. And of course the annoying beeping sound in his ears. Aside from all this there where just one thought in his head. ' How did that crazy bastard decided that blowing up 4 clones equal to the strength of a paper bomb in a space this tight is a good idea? Oh, right and understanding what happened to him after the explosion would be pretty neat too. '

(OOC : I hope I judged the explosion right since I was leading by the aspect that they are like paper bombs)

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
When the smoke eventually cleared; Raijin was sitting calmly behind the small scorch mark that outlined the former edge of the barrier he had released. Beyond a finger digging into an ear, and his sword laying across his lap, the Tsukino would appear to have been resting there the entire time. He'd been smart about how he detonated the clones; using the split second between when he shifted behind them to slip through the barrier and out of the main firing zone. Of course; he dropped the barrier a split second after the had blown; to release the force before it killed someone. Those clones did go out with a massive bang. Maybe he should add a few tweaks to the seals... make them explode like fireworks and drop confetti. The odd male cackled softly, just enforcing his somewhat maniac qualities to the students.

"So, ya have fun with that, neh? I know I always have fun doing that.~"

He inhaled heavily before hacking up a lung full of smoke and dirt; seeming to fall backwards onto his back for a moment, hacking like he was choking. Of course, it was just for show; as he sat up after a half dozen hacks like nothing had happened, reaching calmly for a small canteen of water he kept hidden in one of his oversized sleeves; taking a swig to rinse his mouth and a second to wet his throat. "Anyone thirsty?"

Spoiler:

Okita

Okita

D-rank
About the time Okita started getting up the smoke had cleared enough for him to spot Raijin sitting. He had obviously judged the explosion wrongly as he looked down to his own body. He stood there with no serious wounds or even an actual bleeding scratch. Obviously the blow he received could of probably been even weaker than that received by his sensei. After all he had taken more distance when the actual explosion occurred. Anyhow Okita then switched his sight back to his sensei. Previously he had just made a slight glance and once he spotted that his sensei was sitting there like of nothing had happened he could actually realize the strength of explosion he was put up against.

" I noticed nothing but recklessness. I suppose some do find entertainment in destruction but not me. "

Okita then did a sudden twist of his next to the left and then to the right. A crackish sound could of been heard both times he did this. He then started waving his right hand from side to side in front of his face. He was obviously spreading up the clouds of smoke before his face. Okitas guess would of actually been that his sensei had just chocked up on his own saliva. That or he's about to spit up some undead samurai or something of a sort for Okita to fight. You never know what his sensei might come up with.

After the strange offer of water Okita had just one question - " Does this mean we're done with the display of abilities? " After saying this Okita started to slowly walk towards his sensei. The pase was slow as he was still being a bit careful. Who knows.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.