You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:02 pm

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Zetsume awoke from his nap midday to the weight of his dog, Repede, on top of his chest. His dog had grown quite big, but it was still used to being held like a puppy. When Zetsume tried to move the dog it awoke from its slumber to greet him with much excitement. The two had been alone and together for awhile now, they trusted each other and depended on each other. Getting out of his bed, he decided to get some food. Walking into his kitchen while running his hand through his hair he looked into the cabinets for food. To his shock, he was running low. The growling stomachs from him and his dog were present. Leaning down to pat the dog on the head before speaking to it.

"Don't worry buddy, we will get some steaks in the town."

After the moment he said steak, his dog began to run in circles happily barking in approval. Repede could never speak human language, his vocals just wouldn't allow it, but through Zetsume talking a lot the dog has managed to comprehend his words. Taking a shower, then getting dressed before grabbing his bow and arrows, the two set off into the town.

When he made it into town it was bustling with people, all of them scampering around like tiny ants trying to get their items before making it back home to their families. Some people would greet Zetsume, though most did not know he was a jounin and thought he was just some wanderer. He had not gained a mighty reputation just yet, and maybe it was a good thing. He would sometimes get stopped by people, usually kids, to ask him of his missions and adventures. Zetsume would only speak briefly upon the subject, as he did not like to influence kids into killing, and that was most of his missions. Trying his best to make it to his favorite restaurant while trying not to blow people off to seem rude, he finally made it. Being greeted by the waitress with a smile was always nice, as he was seated Zetsume ordered for both of them. He was happy this place allowed his dog to sit at the table with him. Everyone loved Repede and to pet him. Which he just soaked in, especially if it was a female. He was such a sucker for them. Taking a sip from his drink, he waited his much needed food. He knew he would need it for the training he was about to do.

2Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:25 pm

Asuune

Asuune

D-rank
Asuune happily ran through the village after her mission, glad to be finished. She loved the feeling of the wind on her face as she ran and enjoyed the moment of relaxation amidst her busy day. As she ran along she decided that a proper meal was in order after all her hard work that day. She stopped and surveyed her surroundings before settling on a restaurant not too far out of the way. As she slowed her now heavy breathing she set out on her new quest for food.

As she observed the people around her she smiled, it felt good to be out and about, seeing all there was to see. The sun was high in the sky shining brightly down as if it sensed her optimistic mood. The people in the village bustled along, some waving, some just pushing along as they ventured back to their homes.

Asuune reached her destination and cheerfully stepped inside. The nice and comfy interior paled in comparison to the smell of freshly cooked food. Spotting one of the village's jounin she carefully approached the man and his seemingly friendly dog. She stopped by his table and smiled brightly.

"Hello Sempai~ Out training today?" She didn't know how he would react to a genin interrupting his meal but she hoped she was given at least a cordial reception.

3Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:45 pm

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
"Hello Sempai~ Out training today?"

Both Zetsume and Repede had been face first in their food without pausing when the two could hear the voice of a woman behind them. Looking up to see who had spoken, while trying to finish the food he had in his mouth quickly as he probably looked like a slob with so much food in his mouth. After swallowing he stood up to greet this new person properly.

Yes I am actually, it is a rigorous training of my mouth. I think I can feel the muscles in my jaw getting stronger already.", he smiled as he let out a small but horrible joke. Zetsume was never good with jokes, nor was he good at being social, though as he got older he felt compelled to be around people more. He could not help but to notice how much taller he was than her as the top of her head came to his chest. Holding out a hand to greet her before speaking again

No need for the formalities of sempai new friend, my name is Zetsume Zix. While the fellow you see before you is Repede, my best friend. And you are?"  

Both Repede and Zetsume could not help but to notice how cute this genin was with her gorgeous long hair and beautiful eyes. The two tried their best not to act like a fool around her. Zetsume more than Repede who was smiling happily and wagging his tail. To the dog it was a good day. Then Zetsume had an idea.

"Hey would you like to eat with us? My treat."

4Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Asuune

Asuune

D-rank
Asuune observed the man eating and laughed as he stood to introduce himself. His witty joke caused her to laugh lightly as she observed him. Standing up he was much taller than her, though most people were. She recalled all the shooting stars she had vainly sought out in hopes of finding one last growth spurt. As she tilted her head back to see his warm smile she decided it hadn't done much good.

"I'm Asuune Taosu, the pleasure's all mine", she shook his hand and marveled at how small and tiny she felt in comparison. He had a calming presence that instantly shook away any lingering trepidation from earlier. Grinning she looked down to the grinning dog and gently scratched the top of his head. The two seemed like a lively pair and she reckoned they made a good match.

Sitting down at the table she more closely observed her new found friend. He had a nice smile, more sincere than most she had seen in recent times. She was suddenly glad she had decided to eat out after all, it seemed like today had taken a turn for the better. As she slumped down in a chair her stomach protested against its condition demanding food.

"Thank you for inviting me, I'm starving!" Her mother's words on acting like a lady rung in her ears and she felt her face redden as she spoke. She looked down embarrassed, a crooked smile making it's way to her face.

"I'm sorry, that's probably unbecoming of a lady..." Growing up with two brothers meant that her best friends had been rowdy and rambunctious boys. She had always had trouble correcting herself in situations where being a lady was key.

5Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:51 pm

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Zetsume felt happy when the genin agreed to eat with him. He did not see anyone around that knew her, so it made him feel better that she would not be eating alone. Repede was happy that she scratched his head, any attention from anyone and the dog sees them as his best friend forever. A small part of him wished that humans had the same type of unconditional love. He had heard of her clan before, though he had never met them. As for his clan he never spoke his true name, Zetsume Kyodara. He had denounced that name long ago when he saw people from his clan act like snobby rich pretentious assholes. As such, he had given up his name and made his own. Then again he liked it when people did not know his clan, though when they saw his Chakra Bows and Arrows, those who have heard of their clan's abilities would know who he was then. When she joined his table she talked about how hungry she was but then looked down in embarrassment. At first Zetsume was confused why she would be embarrassed, and it was not until she said it was not lady like that he got it. All he did was smile and slightly laugh.

"As I said before, Asuune, please talk and act however you would like around me it would take a lot to offend me, so please be as you are. I would rather you were honest to me than hide because you are not acting how others want you to act. As for food, ill get the waitress."

Zetsume motioned his hand towards the waitress. She was always friendly when Zetsume was around, he remembered when he took care of a couple of mean customers for her. It also helped he tipped nicely, he mostly did that so they would cook his food and his guests to perfection. The waitress walked up and smiled to everyone at the table before asking what was needed. Her smile could brighten even the darkest of days. Smiling back, Zetsume spoke in a friendly tone.

"Ah yes, my new friend here Asuune is quite hungry. Please take her order and put it on my tab, you know I'm good for the money."

The waitress nodded in approval before looking at Asuune for her order.

6Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Asuune

Asuune

D-rank
Asuune gave him a wide smile, happy to know she was free to be herself in all her awkward glory. She hadn't been out much in a while and it felt nice to have a friend. Of course, she had talked to people and she had acquaintances but the struggle to succeed had left little time for developing lasting friendships.

As he often to treat her to lunch Asuune was quite surprised. It wasn't often that anyone offered to pay for her, then again it wasn't often that she ate with anyone else. She would normally grab something to go and eat as she walked about. The restless side of her couldn't see the point in wasting time sitting while she ate, where was the adventure in that? Looking to the waiting waitress she decided that dumplings sounded pleasant enough.

"Some dumplings would be lovely, please." As she looked at Zetsume she grinned, "Dibs on paying the tip, so it evens out a little bit." She vaguely remembered the name Zetsume and observed the bow leaning casually against the table. She didn't know very many ninja who chose the bow as their weapon of choice and found it interesting. He seemed like a very capable ninja, though the warm cheerfulness she saw didn't match her idea of the cold hearted dangerous jouin.

Pleasantly surprised she smiled and absently pet the happy dog, if nothing else she had met an extremely interesting person today. "He's very friendly" she spoke gesturing to the dog by her, "I take it you're not a cat person then" She vainly tried to make a joke, though she was quite aware this wasn't her strong suit. The years she'd spent with her merchant family hadn't given her much luck with joke telling.

7Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
The waitress nodded and smiled while she wrote down her order before rushing off to get the chefs to make it. Zetsume cut his steak up, taking small bites of it and enjoying the flavor. For a moment he was eating with another. It was an unusual feeling for him, he was so used to it just being Repede and himself against the world. After swallowing his bite of steak he decided he would reply to her words.

"By all means, you can pay for the tip, but could you tip a little extra than usual. She is a nice woman with a couple of kids. Her husband died an honorable death while trying to save a group of kids. I say tried because when he died no one was left to save them. Sad story, but it does happen in this cold dark world. So I come here often to check on her, to make sure she is alright."

Repede was just wagging his tail, often taking a bite of his chopped up steak. The cooks here had prepared it always like that for him, chopped up and covered with steak sauce. Repede was an odd dog, but he was his best friend.

"Actually, I love all animals as usually they can be such nice creatures. As for this fellow right here, I found him on the streets and I have been taking care of him ever since. He may seem friendly, but he does have one hell of a bark and bite. Could you tell me a bit more about yourself? I am quite interested in hearing more from people in Kumogakure."

Zetsume kind of felt like he was talking to much, especially since he was not really the sociable type. It was not that he did not like people, it was the fact he was so busy on training and becoming stronger that he did not find the time to socialize as often as he should. The fear of his village being destroyed haunted his soul, it was his fuel for training. He would be damned if he would allow his village to die.

Zetsume was already finished with half of his meal when the Genin named Asuune showed up, and finished the other half rather quickly. He was anxious to train, though did not want to seem rude in front of his new friend. When he was done with his food, he spoke again.

"I take it you just graduated from the academy? Have you found a suitable sensei yet? There are quite a few strong ninjas in our village. I am not sure how nice they are because I have not met all of them yet."

8Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:55 pm

Asuune

Asuune

D-rank
Asuune was anxious for her food and pondered on the question. She hadn't been out too much other than on the rare occasion she was stir crazy and felt the need to get out for a bit. The story she had heard hit close to home, these days it seemed like too many people were left missing the integral parts of their lives because of terrible circumstances. Watching the jounin eat quickly she sighed, reminded again of how hungry she was. He seemed like a good man, his concern for the woman was touching to say the least and she felt herself smile.

"Well to answer your first question, I'm from the Taosu clan though my family hasn't seen much need to be ninjas. I'm the first to break all the rules, throw caution to the wind, and take a chance. Well, the first to make it this far anyway." She sighed remembering her father's regrets in life, she would protect everything dear to her for his sake and carry out his dreams. Remembering her promise to lead a life of no regrets made her restless again and for the third time in a few short minutes she thought of food.

To distract herself she started on his second question. "And yes, I've just graduated. I haven't really looked around a whole lot so I suppose I haven't~ Probaby should get on that huh?" She sheepishy scratched the back of her head. She paused when suddenly a thought hit her, "You're not familiar with your comrads? Are jounin really that busy?" She tried to keep the worry from her voice as she spoke. As her food arrived she smiled "I like to eat and walk so if you're finished we can make our way to wherever you're training...If you don't mind of course" She tacked on feeling rude. She carefully placed a generous tip on the table wishing the waitress well.

9Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:12 pm

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Zetsume nodded towards her offer to walk. It was a beautiful day outside, it would seem like a shame to waste it all inside. Gathering his gear, he left the place to walk with Asuune while Repede was following close behind.

The streets were still just as busy, kids playing and people working for the greater good of their village. It warmed his heart to see these people working hard and smiling a lot. Zetsume put his hands into his jacket pockets while he was walking with Asuune, basking in the sun. It felt good on his skin, it was warm and inviting. Zetsune turned his attention towards Asuune, because her words earlier bothered him.

"Usually genin get placed into squads with sensei who are already ready to help. Though it seems it has not happened for you. As for meeting my comrades, I have had the fortunate luck to meet a few of them, though it was only once. I am only busy because I make myself busy. Whenever I hear about a monster or some gangs near my village I feel compelled to take care of it. My own death never scares me, only the deaths of people from my village scares me."

Zetsume stopped walking as an idea popped into his head.

"OH I KNOW!, realizing he was slightly yelling, he calmed himself before speaking again.

"Why don't I become your sensei? I mean I am not that great of a teacher, I am not really used to it. Though I love to train and go on missions, would be fun to have you as an apprentice. Right now I am making my way towards the Thunder Grounds. I plan on training my Raiton on this fine day."

Zetsume looked down at the genin and smiled. He was unsure if she would accept his offer, but it was worth a try. Repede also seemed happy by his offer, then again the dog was a bit more social than he was. Hell the dog would run up to strangers just for a bit of attention. Zetsume was more of the type to have others come talk to him. After his proposal he began to walk again in the direction of the Thunder Grounds.

10Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Asuune

Asuune

D-rank
Looking at all the people excited Asuune, it was the kind of scene that made her happy. The sounds of life surrounded her and brought her joy, everyone seemed to have an infectious sort of cheer today. As she pondered Zetsume's selfless words she heard his boisterous and sudden offer.His enthusiasm was contagious and she found herself just as happpy. She sped up her pace to catch up and give him her answer.

"Well, I don't see how it could hurt, so absolutely!" Now she had found someone who could mentor her and help her better herself and make her family proud. She was one step closer to becoming the ninja she had said she would, capable of protecting those she held dear to her. The thrill seemed to occupy every cell of her body and she could barely contain her joy. Following behind she glanced at Repede and gave him a warm smile, she found him quite endearing and adorable. She had to measure her steps to keep up aware that one of his steps was roughly three of hers.

"You know, I can use Raiton too. Though I'm not very good at it. Maybe you can give me some tips while you train?" she asked hopefully. Asuune hadn't seen much in the way of ninja prowess and was sure seeing her new sensei train would make the techniques she'd seen in the academy look like child's play. This was bound to be more impressive than a common substitution jutsu.

11Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:10 pm

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Feeling excitement towards his new apprentice, Zetsume picked up his pace to get to the Thunder Grounds. They were not far off, as he could see the dark clouds followed by thunder then lightning. It looked like something for a horror movie, but he was used to the place always being like that. It kind of soothed him, for some odd reason. After walking for a few more minutes they had arrived at the training grounds that he wished to be at. Looking back he could see Asuune and Repede standing there, he decided he would speak.

Raiton is somewhat my specialty. I have not really perfected the art of the element, and I guess that is why I am here. Along with my archery skills I have a few Genjutsus and Puppetry jutsus. Nothing special, but they do help in situations of life and death."

Zetsume looked up at the clouds and then felt a little uneasy. I hope she doesn't get struck by lightning out here. Those were the words that he thought. Grabbing the bow from his back, he decided to use Shōmei Ar No (Lighting Arrows). It was one of his clan's jutsus, though not the strongest. In the hand holding the bow he concentrated Raiton energy into it. As the other hand seemed to have picked out an arrow from the chakra mass. Pulling it back in his bow, he let the arrow fly. He was aiming for a small rock, about one foot in diameter for off in the distance. The arrow flew and hit the rock, knocking it into the air before it landed back down. His arrow dissipated after landing, making his clan's jutsus perfect for not leaving behind evidence. Looking at Asuune he smiled slightly before quickly shooting out the other four arrows from the chakra mass. His aim was back on the rock he hit before, though this time when the rock went into the air, he kept hitting it. One arrow after the next, all landed on their mark until he was out of arrows and the rock hit back onto the ground. It was at this moment that he noticed he was not really teaching her anything, but instead just showing off without realizing it.

"That one is one of my favorite jutsus., he said with a smile. "Anyways, did you enjoy the show? Like I said before I am a horrible teacher, and I will most likely make it up as I go."

He let out a small laugh at his own incompetence at being a good sensei before loading a real arrow into his bow and shot it towards a near by tree.

"Do you have any ranged jutsus, Asuune? If so, could you try to hit that arrow that I just shot? Oh also, please be careful. I have seen someone get struck by lightning here, it is not a pretty sight trust me."

Zetsume was interested in seeing how this genin attacked. It could help him determine what to do in possible future missions. He was never good at teaching, but he was good at keeping people alive and making decisions during battle. Repede seemed to not even care about training or the lightning and was just laying down on a boulder behind them, watching. While Zetsume kept his eyes on Asuune, anxiously waiting to see how the genin would react.

12Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:03 am

Asuune

Asuune

D-rank
Asuune knew her mouth was completly agape, the difference in skill seeming very apparant all of a sudden. She watched with wide eyes at the impressive feats before her and was struck with awe. She was quite aware than she had quite a bit of work to do if she ever wanted to even come close to that. The way he spoke of his accomplishments astounded Asuune, he acted as if it was nothing! To have mastered so much was incredible to her and she was sure her sensei would do an excellent job training her. His sense of humor kept the atmosphere light though she was cautious of any lightening making a mad dash at her. She was completely unsure of what she was doing, this was her first real training session outside of the academy and after what she had saw she felt she had a long way to go. She could she much training in her future.

"I'm very impressed! That was really amazing!!" Feeling the urge to prove herself to her new sensei she thought through the jutsu she had learned before settling on one she felt would do the job. Inhaling deeply she summoned all the charkra she could muster to her throat and mouth eyeing the target in her sight. When she felt she had pooled an adequate amount she tried to keep all of it contained. She relaxed, letting herself focus on the task at hand. This was her chance to prove herself and show what she was made of. Letting the katon unite with the chakra she released her breath and the small spheres of fire made their way to the awaiting arrow. The first two small fire balls missed by a hair's breadth. Asuune knew better than to panic and tried to keep her calm and save her disappointment for later. She quickly made of for her miscalculation in judgement and readjusted. The third sphere hits it's mark followed by it's counterparts and ignited the arrow in bright flames.

As she surveyed her work she smiled, she hadn't done an incredible amount of damage but it was enough to be noticeable. She looked to her sensei for his approval before grinning. "It's no raiton arrow but it works I suppose"

Jutsu:

13Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:25 am

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Zetsume clapped in excitement as his new pupil had managed to hit the arrow. It was quite a far away and he was unsure if she could even hit it. Though to his amazement she had. He was sort of feeling big headed after the genin had boasted his jutsu. The jutsu was a simple one, he wanted to show her something really impressive. The heart of his clan, the power that was entrusted to him by his blood even if it was bad blood. Though he never forgot his true mission, to bring honor back to his family name, once he has become strong enough he will take over the clan and prove his dad that he was the better man. Zetsume smiled at Asuune.

"I must say, I am rather shocked you could hit the arrow. Bravo, Bravo. Hmm, I guess since there is no one around I can tell you a bit more about myself."

Stopping himself from speaking he took the bow he was holding and set it on the ground. Concentrating slightly, he was used to using this jutsu, he formed a Raiton Bow in his hand. The bow was bright and hissed with electricity flowing through it. After looking at another tree much further in the distance, Zetsume used Shi No Yoake (Dawn Of Death). Once the large arrow was shot it split into one hundred smaller arrows which all flew towards the tree, turning it into Swiss cheese before tumbling down. Since he had used a Raiton bow, he had another shot waiting.

"That jutsu always did look cool, well at least to me. It can be shot in two ways, the first way you saw. Personally I like the alternative way of shooting."

Loading up another Shi No Yoake (Dawn Of Death) arrow, he let it go. Though this time instead of flying a bit before spreading into a nice fine circle, it shot out like a shotgun. Spreading in the direction in front of him. He made sure that Asuune was behind him before using it however, he did not want one to accidentally hurt her. It would make him look like an even more horrible sensei.

After shooting, Zetsume dissipated the Raiton Chakra Bow and smiled at her. You see, when I told you my name earlier, it was not my real name. I am unsure if you have heard of my clan but I do come from the noble Kyodara clan. However after imediate family died, they tried to make me more like them. Rich, pretentious, snobby, only worried about how to make their wallets fatter. It was at this time I denounced my name and just made this one up. Though please do not tell anyone, I do not want people to think I am like my relatives. I am sorry to have lied to you, but it is not a name I am proud of anymore. Also, from the chakra bow you witnessed earlier I am sure you have noticed that this bow on my back is more or less for looks and fooling the enemy. If they believe I am a bow user, they will attempt to destroy it. With any luck they will be put into a false sense of being safe when they break it. It is at that moment when I will use this bow."

Jutsu USed:

14Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Asuune

Asuune

D-rank
Marveling at what she had witnessed Asuune tried to process what she had seen. This made her meager attempts at chakra control look childish. Suddenly she realized how much room for improvement really existed. She was baffled at how such an arrow could do such damage. She was aware that advanced bloodlines held great power but this was beyond what she had expected.

As her sensei spoke she listened intently to his every word. Such a heartfelt confession had completely caught her off guard. As he spoke, he gained a new depth to Asuune, he was more than just a talented shinobi. He was a person with hopes and dreams just like her. Realizing they weren't so different she felt compelled to say something.

"Well, looks like we're both going against tradition. But having something to prove is what gives us true strength as people right?" Receiving his trust gave her a small sense of pride, she felt like she had earned something and gained more than she had intended in such a small period of time. The lightening that split the sky shocked her from her thoughts and after jumping from surprise she looked at her mentor. "You know you're secrets safe with me, Thank you for your honesty. It's never easy saying these sort of things."

Feeling the need to share she pleasantly smiled as another white streak lit the dark clouds. "I come form a long line of merchants, this isn't exactly the life my parents imagined their one little girl pursuing. Don't get me wrong, the love and support me. If my father wouldn't have had a family he might have been a ninja as well. So we both have something to prove, you that you're a better man than your family and me that I'm more than just a merchant's daughter. We can work towards it together." Asuune felt odd talking about such personal affairs, she had never been one to share but a little trust could go a long way. After all, some honesty was the least she could offer.

15Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:56 am

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Zetsume could not help but to feel a bit of pride at this moment. He managed to gain the trust and respect from a ninja from his village. Sure she was a lower rank than him, but all of the support from everyone in his village is what has made him make it this far. For a moment though, he was silent with only loud thundering sounds  being heard. Some people would be afraid to be out here during this time, but not him. He was not the type to be afraid of death, it was unavoidable and unpredictable. Living in the present is the only way he could keep his sanity. After his slightly awkward silence, he decided to speak, though this time his tone seemed a bit more cold.

"I have been to numerous missions where I was asked to kill someone or something. Have you ever took a life? Watched their eyes fade to darkness as their faces become mortified from the pain you have caused them. I have never forgotten a face that I have shot down. It seems that they end up being burnt into the back of my mind. Though do not get me wrong, I do not regret it. They were people who gave up their freedom and right to live for the atrocities they have committed. I will kill a hundred, a thousand, hell maybe even a million if it meant that the people in my village can sleep soundly. It is our job to protect them as a shinobi, a tool for peace. What I want to say is that if you are not ready for this type of life, please say so know. I could arrange for you to get put into a non-combat squad. Though if you are truly ready to put everything you have on the line, which is your life. Then I would be honored to show you everything I can. You mentioned you liked Genjutsu, I happen to know a few tricks up my sleeve."

Zetsume stopped talking and walked closer to Asuune, putting his arm over her shoulder and leaned in to whisper to make his next words just that more serious.

"Listen to my next words and remember them well. If you betray this village and get marked as a missing nin, I will hunt you down. It is nothing personal. I just wanted you to remember that if you ever think about betraying Kumogakure and myself"

Once he was done talking he patted her back slightly and smiled. The wind was blowing hard enough to make his bangs move from his eyes, showing a scar the went across the top of his nose. Zetsume did not want to deter her from her dreams and aspirations but he had to make sure that if he was going to put time into training a genin, that the ninja would not one day stab him in the back. Walking away from Asuune, he looked at Repede and had an idea. Giving a small whistle, Repede came running up with his tail wagging. Grabbing a Kunai from his pack, giving it to Repede who held it in his mouth.

"I want you to show me how well you can attack. Repede here will just deflect your attacks and then counter strike. Do not worry, he likes you so he will never use the blade. Knowing this pooch he will just head but you down if he can find an opening."

Repede seemed to have changed his personality when he heard about the spar. Instead of standing like he normally would all care free like, he now had his body locked down in the direction of Asuune. The kunai was sticking out of his mouth as he growled. Repede was not growling to try to scare her, but to hope that she would take him seriously. Zetsume stuffed his hands into his jacket pockets to see what would happen next.

16Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:14 pm

Asuune

Asuune

D-rank
Asuune looked down as he spoke, she had never witnessed any unspeakable violence and then fear of taking another’s life seemed unpleasant. As she pondered her thoughts she thought of her family, they were everything to her. She had a duty to protect them, for their safety she was willing to give her life if that’s what it took. She couldn’t fail here. He had much to teach her and it was her job as a shinobi to better herself and learn from him.

As her sensei approached she felt his presence change. His carefree attitude was abandoned when he approached her. His arm was flung carelessly over her shoulder as he leaned in to whisper. His words shocked her, the breathe she had been holding rushed from her lungs in one great gush. His whispered statement rung around her ears, for a moment she felt a thrill of fear tingle on the back of her neck.

“I would never go against you or anyone here. I love this village and if I have to take on an entire army by myself then I’ll die in a blaze of glory. I will not fail you and I will never ever abandon my home. This is all I've got.” The words were colder than she intended. None of her feelings were directed at him, more to the thought of her leaving. Her dark eyes glanced up and met his, she tried to pour every ounce of conviction she felt into their depths. She noticed a scar across the bridge of his nose, a remnant from a brush with death no doubt.

As he casually moved away she suggested she spar with the dog she nodded, an intense look of concentration gracing her normally calm cheerful countenance. She looked at the dog, whose intensity mastered his master’s. Pulling a kunai from the pouch at her side she observed the animal. He held the kunai in his mouth, after analyzing possible scenarios she decided to go with her most direct attack.

She felt the tension in her muscles and held her breath. When she exhaled she suddenly flung herself at the animal aiming to knock the kunai from its mouth. The sound of metal colliding filled the air and she quickly drew back in case a counter attack would cause her harm. She pulled the kunai up tensing up again keeping her eyes fixed on the animal. She kept one foot behind her prepared to fall back as needed.

17Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Zetsume was thrilled to hear those words, but he was even more thrilled when he felt the seriousness of them. She spoke like a true ninja should, one willing to give up everything to protect . He was unable to thank her as Asuune came charging at Repede. It seems that she wanted to prove herself to him, though Repede would not go down so easily. Zetsume always taught him that even in sparring one must put all of their effort into it. Watching from afar as their Kunai clashed with one another making a rather loud pinging noise. Once the two had engaged in the first contact, Repede jumped back a few steps. From his point of view it looked as though she was trying to disarm Repede. Even in death I dont know if he would drop that kunai, that dog has always been like that., thought while he observed. Cupping his hands over his mouth to yell, "Do not hold back Asuune! GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT!"

Repede heard this also, he was not jealous that his master cheered her on rather than him. Though it did seem to put a bit of pep into his step. Repede began to charge at Assune at full force.   Jerking his head, Repede threw the Kunai at Asuune. Zetsume watched as Repede was holding back, not throwing the Kunai as hard as he could in fear he would hurt Asuune, nor was it aimed at anything vital. Zetsume guessed that Repede was just throwing it to get her to block it. If she blocked it, he would headbutt her in the stomach while she was blocking, because he was still running at full speed towards her. Though Repede was just hoping she blocked it and remained stationary instead of dodging it. Never the less, Repede would be ready for anything. Zetsume looked up at the storm above. As the sum set, the storm was becoming more violent. Zetsume would only be able to allow this sparing to go on for a bit longer before he would have to call it off. He would hate to lose either one of them.

18Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Fri May 02, 2014 3:35 pm

Asuune

Asuune

D-rank
(OOC: Sorry, had surgery Wednesday, I've been out since then.)

Asuune saw the kunai fly towards her and jumped out of it's path as a reflex. As she removed herself from the path of danger her landing was faulty. She had not planted her feet quite as well as she could have and quickly tried to regain her balance. The storm was growing in intensity and as the clouds clashed and fought each other the sun slowly set leaving little light. Asuune knew that as the light faded she would be at a disadvantage, her eyesight was nothing compared to Repede's, especially in the dark.

Hearing her sensei cheering her on she felt herself glow with pride and smiled in determination, she would do everything possible to bring pride to both herself and her team. She was hesitant to make a dangerous move at the dog, after all her was a team mate. His determined stare mirrored her own. Out of kunai, Asuune glanced at the one she dropped as she stumbled. Worse come to worse she could always make a dash for that as a last resort. Readying herself for anything she tried her best to prepare.

19Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Fri May 02, 2014 11:07 pm

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Zetsume was rather enjoying the spar between the two of them, but then he got an eerie feeling because of the storm. At first he was just going to sit back and watch the action, then he started to fear for both of their safety. It also would be bad for his reputation if they got hurt. With all of this in mind Zetsume decided he would end the fight early before the storm got bad. Putting his hand in his mouth, Zetsume let out a loud whistle. With that his loyal dog Repede stopped trying to fight, and came right away to him. Patting the dog on the head, Zetsume spoke in a concerned tone.

"I wish I could allow the fight to continue but the storm is getting intense. It is not a matter of if but when we will get struck. Repede, get my kunai would ya?"

The dog barked and gathered the kunai and brought it back to him. Zetsume put it into his bag and walked over to Asuune.

"Must say you did rather well, I wish I could have seen more. Though I am sure I will get to sooner or later. I am going to apply for some missions for us to do, so be ready. I will send Repede to get you when the time comes. Till then, we should head back to the village before we get hurt out here."

Zetsume stuffed his hands into his pockets and walked towards the village hoping Asuune would spark a conversation.

20Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Fri May 02, 2014 11:20 pm

Asuune

Asuune

D-rank
Asuune watched as her senei gathered her things and patted the dog on the head. She felt pride swell in her chest at his words. She had accomplished her goal: he had acknowledged her. As the storm grew in intensity the lightening split the sky in a magnificent show of light and color. The darkening horizon was no longer bright and warm and as the chill of dusk set in Asuune quickened her pace to follow Zetsume. They had come a long way today, from sitting across the table making awkward conversation to honestly learning about each other and maybe even learning something. She had gained a mentor, a comrade, and a friend. She reached down to pet Repede hoping to convey that there were no hard feelings. He was a strong warrior and she was quite aware of this more so than ever.

"Thank you for bringing me here, I feel like I'm finally getting to where I belong in life. I'll make you proud, I promise." Her words were backed by her steely conviction, the truth ringing out. "What kinds of missions will we be going on? The most I've done is clean the library to tell you the truth" Slight apprehension colored her voice as she spoke, she was equal parts excited and nervous.

21Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Sat May 03, 2014 12:02 am

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Zetsume gave Asuune a small smile while they were walking and talking. He never really had someone that looked up to him. Then again it was his fault, he was never really the social type. Zetsume was trying to change, hopefully for the better.

I appreciate you want to make me proud, but that is not a goal you should strive for Asuune. While you are trying to make others proud, you could lose sight of making yourself proud, and that is all I can ask of you. I have been on numerous missions from finding a cheating husband to killing an entire camp of bandits. Personally since I have gained the title of Jounin, and gathered some strength, small missions do not peek my interest. So for us, we will definitely have to go on something a bit harder, fear not though Repede and I will protect you."

Zetsume was enjoying the small talk, he never really had someone to talk to and it was a nice change. Looking in the distance, he could see the village getting larger and larger as they walked. He could feel his heart pounding out of his chest at the excitement of what will come to him and his new found apprentice. Surely they will have great adventures, and he would make damn sure that nothing will stop them while he was still breathing.

22Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Sat May 03, 2014 12:34 am

Asuune

Asuune

D-rank
Asuune enjoyed the walk to the village. As he spoke Asuune looked up and saw the seriousness in his intense stormy eyes. She nodded, understanding dawning on her. She understood what he meant. Her own mantra of living with no regrets reverberated around her mind. Asuune trusted her new guide, she could feel in her heart that his dedication to his village and team would keep her safe. Her fears dissipated with the last rays of the sun and suddenly she was cast in darkness. She felt a smile spread across her face, at the moment this was the closest thing she'd ever had to a friend, for the moment she was pleased. She had always wanted friendship, wanted acceptance, but in the day to day struggle friends were carefully put on the back burner.

Repede carefully marched along seemingly unbothered by the darkness blanketing the village. The lights were close now, the full strength storm now fading behind them. Suddenly Asuune remembered a question from earlier. "Zetsume-sensei, how far have you been from the village?" She had never been far herself but the intrigue she felt was increased knowing her new comrade had probably lived her dreams in far away lands.

23Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Sat May 03, 2014 12:43 am

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
The three of them were very close to the village, close enough to still hear people hustling in the background. It was then when Asuune asked how far from the village he had been. Zetsume stopped in his walking, and thought for a second.

"Hmmm, honestly I have not been that far away from the village. In my whole life I have always wanted to see other villages to see the people that were there but never got around to it. One of these days I think Repede and I will go and see what this world outside of Kumogakure was like. Hopefully it has people who are just as interesting if not more. Though I will have to be sure to be strong enough to make a good example of our village."

It was very dark outside that gave an odd feeling, but was dissipated when they made it inside the village with it's lights. At first Zetsume was just going to go home and sleep the day off, but he had a new found appreciation towards his pupil. With that in mind, Zetsume walked over to a nearby ice-cream stand and ordered himself a cone. It was his favorite ice cream in town, also helps they had perfect Mint chocolate chip ice cream which was his favorite. Zetsume smiled and turned toward his pupil, "Would you like anything? My treat."

The man at the counter gave Zetsume his cone, and waited to see if the girl ordered. Zetsume however was not going to wait and instantly started to devour the delicious cone.

24Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Mon May 05, 2014 2:09 pm

Asuune

Asuune

D-rank
Chuckling Asuune smiled and asked for a small vanilla ice cream. She looked to Zetsume-sensei who eagerly ate his ice cream. From the way he ate you would think he hardly ever got a good meal. She smiled as she watched the people around her making their way cheerfully along. She was glad to be back in the safety of the village walls. This was the latest she had stayed out in a while, normally she tried to be home in time to make a proper meal to eat. She was pleased with the outcome of the day, she had learned quite a bit and made some progress in proving herself.

She looked up at the darkening sky, her dark hair falling into her face, with a sigh she pushed it away and started to eat her ice cream with less vigor than her mentor. She looked at Repede. He seemed so happy to simply be here, he was so adoring of his master.

Asuune smiled at her sensei "Are you hungry? We could get some food with more substance, my treat this time?" From his way of eating Asuune could only assume his training had left him starving. Though years of living with two brothers meant nothing she saw was a surprise. For a brief moment she missed them, she could almost see their smiling faces when she thought of them.

25Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Empty Re: Storm is Brewing (Open/Nokill) Mon May 05, 2014 2:23 pm

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
After devouring his ice cream rather ferociously he could not help but to be a slob. He was grown up to be a gentleman of the noble side of Kumogakure, though if his clan were to see him acting like such a slob they would surely ridicule him. Thank the lords that he did not associate with them anymore. Zetsume smiled but shook his head before replying to her, "I would like to, but unfortunately I am not really hungry myself. I just wanted a small snack, something to keep my sweet tooth at bay."

Zetsume paused to look at the night sky, sure there were clouds but when they passed you could see a beautiful sky with many stars that only made Zetsume feel small in this life.

"It is getting late, we should probably head back before it gets to late. I do not think you will need company on your way back home, but Repede will be more than willing to follow you to keep ya safe, isnt that right boy?"

The dog let out a happy bark and then walked over to Asuune to stand next to her.

"Well I guess until we meet again eh?"

Zetsume stuffed his hands in his pockets and began to walk back home. He felt happy that he found someone to socialize with and tutor. Though he could not help but to feel that he would have to step up his game to make sure that his new pupil became strong enough so he would not have to worry about her. Smiling, he could not help but to feel like this was just a small step in one grand adventure.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.