You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Shieldtsu Nel

Shieldtsu Nel

D-rank
Mission Briefing:

-Day 1-

I am very excited about helping out at the hospital because it will be a learning experience for me. I actually want to do this. I have never been taught Medical Ninjutsu, even though it's one of my clan's Specialties. Now that I have this opportunity to be around people who are skilled with Medical Ninjutsu, I want to learn as much of it as I can. I know that with Medical Ninjutsu I can help others, and that's something I really look forward to. This mission was too good to pass up because it brought so many benefits. Considering that I have only been in Sunagakure for some days now, I expected this mission to help me meet others who live in this village.

I walked into the Hospital, leaving the embrace of the night at the door. As if I triggered a cue, I heard a man scream; the sound came from one of the rooms that made up the hospital's lower corridor. I turned my gaze from the reception desk, which was straight ahead of me, towards the corridor that extended from my left. A nurse suddenly walked out of one of the rooms, and then went into another. I guessed that the room she went into was the room where the screaming man was. The screams sounded like the man was in some kind of pain. I wasn't impressed much by it, specially since I was in a Hospital, so I turned my attention towards the reception desk again, and smiled at the the man sitting behind it.

I noticed he was clothed in Suna's Medical Corp. uniform. It didn't make sense to me, that he should be sitting behind a desk instead of attending the ill ones, unless he was there to give training to the young man that suddenly popped up from underneath the desk with documents in his hand. I walked up to him, and I told him that I had been assigned to provide my help at this Hospital during the nighsthift. "Oh good!" he replied giving me the sensation that he felt relieved. "What's your name?"
"Nel from the Shiel..." I cut my response right there, realizing that I am supposed to be attempting to keep a low profile. There was no way for me to keep that from appearing awlward so I smiled, at the man, who was still waiting for me to finish that last word I started.
"From where?" he asked. The young man kept his attention on me. I could tell because as he rearranged the papers he had picked up and placed on the desk, he did so very slowly, perhaps because his brain was more focused on listening to my conversation.
"Nevermind," i laughed. "My name is Nel."
"Are you Nel Shieldtsu?" he responded.

WC~
this post:653
total:653

Mission:653/1000

Last edited by Shieldtsu Nel on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Shieldtsu Nel

Shieldtsu Nel

D-rank
That was disappointing. Although, I figured that since this was a mission, the Mission Officer would have provided the Hospital with my information. It didn't make me feel any better though, because now two more people knew my origin. I had no choice, other than to say "Yes."

"You must not be from around here." I was really uncomfortable about telling him anymore about myself so I hoped he didn't intend to interview me any further. The young man, who was now sitting behind him and who was still working slowly, looked up at me.

I met his eyes as he looked at mine, but I didn't sense anything special about him. Nonetheless, i cracked a smile at him and he did too. Then, I immediately turned my gaze back to the Medic who had not said anything else, as if he was waiting for me to confirm his observation. I grinned and leaned on the desk. "Maybe."

"This is Hakuro, and you will be working with him today." He turned to look at the young man beside him, and then for a second we were caught in an exchange of silent thoughts; we each kept turning to look at one and then the other. To it seemed like Hakuro wanted to object, while the Medic was hoping that no one had a problem with the decision he has just made. On the other hand, I was simply turning to look at each one, to try to see what was going through their mind. I found it to be a little humorous even though I got the sensation that Hakuro wasn't so willing to follow the order. Then, the Medic gave some directiond to Hakuro as to what we will be doing, and from the gist of it, it seemed like we were going to be checking on the patients. "He knows what to do. Just do as he says." The Medic then dismissed Hakuro and I followed him to the corridor.

WC~
this post:336
total:989

Mission:989/1000

Shieldtsu Nel

Shieldtsu Nel

D-rank
We were about to step into the corridor, leaving the reception room, when he asked "so where are you from?"
I felt a little more confident to tell him, "I'm sorry. I don't mean to be rude or to leave a bad impression on you, but I don't want to talk about that right now. What are we going to do?"
"Basically, we're just going to be making sure that the patients are asleep. If we find one that's awake, we'll care for him. Mainly, ask them if they need something."

We were now nearing the room at the end of the corridor, and throughout the whole-time he never bothered to look back at me. He didn't need to make sure that I was following because it was obvious since we were talking on the way, but the fact that he didn't make eye-contact with me made me feel like he was a little haughty.

We stepped into the first room; Hakuro first. I followed behind him and then came to stand next to him. It was dark, but everything was visible. I looked at the lonely bed within this room but I couldn't tell if the one laying on the bed was a man or woman though. I had never been in a hospital before, so I allowed my eyes to examine the room. While I was looking at right corner of the wall on the end, I perceived Hakuro move from the corner of my eye. I turned my head to the left to look down at Hakuro, and then I watched him as he walked next to the bed. He must have stood there for about five seconds before he began walking back. I guessed he was checking if the person was asleep, and I assumed he was since neither of them said anything.

As Hakuro walked back, I kept my eyes fixed on his face. Unfortunately, it was dark enough that I couldn't see if his eyes were searching for mine too. When he came to be a little closer, the moonlight that shone through the glass windows of the corridor, which allowed one to look to the outside, revealed that Hakuro was keeping his eyes on the door. Then as he walked past me to walk out, he whispered "Asleep."

I reasoned that he was behaving this way, because he might feel offended that I didn't want to tell him where I came from. I didn't want the rest of the night to be like this, so I started thinking about something that I could do to be able to befriend him. I ran a simple test of communication to determine how serious this was. "It seems like you have experience working here."

WC~
this post:472
total:1461

Mission:1000/1000 (COMPLETE)

*extra: 461

Shieldtsu Nel

Shieldtsu Nel

D-rank
"Yeah," he confirmed. "I come here three times a week. Most of the time, I come during the night, though, because it's less chaotic. So, yeah... I have some experience with the night duties."

I had to reconsider my previous reasoning. By the way, he spoke it didn't seem like he was mad at me at all. He sounded very friendly, and was very eleborate with his answer which went against what I had been thinking. I didn't feel so bad then, but it still bugged me that he wouldn't make eye-contact with me again. I quickened my steps to next to him, but before I could be shoulder to shoulder with him, he turned and walked into the next room.

This room was almost the same as the last. It stretched about 15m from the door to the opposite wall, and the walls on the sides were about 10m apart. Whereas the previous room only had had one bed to adorn the great space, this one had two and they were placed close to the wall of the previous room. I noticed a small table in between the beds, and also that the room had paintings hanging on the walls. This room also had a window on the wall at the opposite side, just like the previous room.

I wondered why this room, had two beds and why only one of them was being used. Meanwhile, I saw Hakuro walk deeper into the room to check on the person that was laying on the furthest bed. Suddenly, i heard a scream and I figured it was the same man I had heard when I arrived. I wondered how it is that while we were walking to the back of the corridor, I forgot to look into the room I saw the nurse walk into earlier. It was so loud, and I perceived the sound vibrating through the wall on my left as if the screaming man was in the following room. "Can't you guys shut him up?" Apparently this person was awake, and it sounded like a man too.

WC~
this post:356
total:1817

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.