You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Library Assistant [Rank-D Mission/Private] Empty Library Assistant [Rank-D Mission/Private] Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:52 pm

Shieldtsu Nel

Shieldtsu Nel

D-rank
Mission Briefing:

I woke-up early today because I made it a point to carry out a favor for the Librarian. I opened my eyes, not really caring that I was awake 2 hours earlier, than usual. Instead, while the sheets where still covering me, I placed both my foreams between the pillow and the back of my head and I stared at the ceiling with an empty mind. After a few moments, I sighed and tried to recall the words the Librarian told me.
"I don't know how long i'll be sick but I am not able to look after the Library in this condition. Please, believe me, if I could get up I would. I hate to bother you with this..." Atleast, I knew she was being honest instead of lazy. Even I could tell she wasn't in a good condition. I was a little nervous about looking after the Library though. If it wasn't because I felt so sorry for her, I wouldn't have taken her request.

The thought that in a few moments I would have to get up and get dressed, and then head out to the LIbrary made me turn on my bed. I was now laying on my right side, staring at the closet on the opposite wall. Looking at it, actually made me feel a lot more content with the Librarian's request because it reminded of a very important fact. The closet made me realize that I needed the money, because my wardrobe was lacking outfits. And then, I remembered I needed to buy food, and a fan....and suddenly an endless list of "things to buy" started scrolling inside my mind. I dismissed it all, quickly, because this wasn't the first time that i've gone through the list and by now I was already sick of thinking about it. Instead, I took the point that I needed the money and that I was going to get some. With a cheered up attitude, i flipped the sheets off of me, revealing that I had slept with my thigh-high socks on.

"Uhg," I groaned. I was planning to wear them today, but since I wore them overnight I could feel they were already becoming lose and I foresaw myself constantly pulling them up if I continued wearing them the rest of today. I knew that wearing thigh-high socks was not a possibility today, especially since these were the only pair I had. I didn't let this upset me, though, because i immediately reminded myself of the money. After psyching myself up, again, i proceeded to jump out of bed and I headed towards the closet. I couldn't help rubbing my arms because of the chilly temperature, and I didn't even have a shirt on. The sun wasn't out yet, either. I quickly tip-toed to the closet and grabbed my coat to put it on, and as soon as i did, i regret it because the coat was cold. I kept it on though, knowing that in just a short while it'll begin to warm me up. Having done that, i took off my socks, hopped into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Then I applied lotion over all my body and ran back to the closet to put on a white t-shirt, black shorts, and finally my black ninja shoes. "Now my hair," i whispered to myself.

For the last time, i walked to the bathroom and styled my hair. This part made me happy, because my hair was also very easy to manage. All i practically had to do is run my fingers through it and it would set in its place. I turned on the water valve and i wet my hands to moisten my hair while i ran my fingers through it. As usual, i guided my hair to fall to the sides, and i made sure my bangs looked like i didnt bother to style them. I stared at my hair through the mirror and because of a crazy fetish, i begin hop left and right. I loved seeing my hair flip around with the momentum. The length was perfect. It was long enough that any slight movement of my head would make it swing. I smiled at my crazyness and walked out of the bathroom.

While I was putting on my coat, which i took off so that I can put on the t-shirt, i tried to remember if there was something else I needed to do before leaving to the Library. I called out everything i had already done and then i remembered that i needed to eat and to take the scroll of Earth Techniques, that I had borrowed from the Library yesterday. I wasn't hungry at all though. Probably because I was still nervous and excited. I figured I should atleast take something to eat, so I reached into the fridge and I grabbed a container which contained a fruit salad that I had prepared yesterday for this occassion. Then I walked to my bed, to pick up the scroll, which I had tossed next to it because I became too lazy to put it in a more proper place after reading through some of it in my bed last night. I reached down and grabbed it, realizing that I probably wasn't gonna have time to read it, anyway. With the scroll in my right hand, and the container in my left, I looked around my little apartment to verify everything was ok, and although it looked kinda messy, I gave it my approval and headed out the door.

The sun still wasn't visible, but the sky had gotten much brighter now. I could tell that within a few minutes, the sun would be peeking from the west.

"Noooooo!" I yelled. I was standing in front of the Library, tugging at the double-doors, realizing that I had forgotten the keys to unlock them! I stopped to think of a solution and the only one i found was to hide my food and scroll, somewhere, and then run back to the house. I walked to the back of the Library and I placed them down on the ground, thinking that no one would come back here anyway, and then I ran to the house to get the keys.

I walked to the back of the Library, with the keys to the locked doors in my pocket, and I saw that my container and the scroll were still there where i had left them. I walked over to my things and i picked them up feeling reliefed nothing happened to them. I was on my way back to the front of the Library, where the locked doors were, and i heard someone knocking on them. When I came around I saw a teenage girl with blonde long hair, and a chubby body clothed in a green dress standing in front of the doors. She didn't see me when i came around the corner of the building, so she got a little startled when I greeted her.

"Ah, I watched you go to the back," she responded, "so, I thought you were going to get in from the back." The smile she had on her face when she said seemed flirty.

I laughed and I told her that I just went to check something out.

"Ok, well i just wanted to drop off this book. I'm in a bit of a hurry so can i just leave it to you now?"
"Sure," i confirmed, while i rearranged my stuff to be able to grab the book that she was holding out towards me. I couldn't help take a look at the title which read "How to be more attractive" and I felt so rude, because i could sense her seeing me stare at the title of the book. I didn't want her to feel like i was judging her, but then again I couldn't just say "Don't worry, i'm not judging you". I smiled and I hoped that would be enough. Once, again, i had to rearrange the scroll, the book, and the container, into one arm so that I could reach into my pocket and grab the keys. Well it was proving to be hard, so I just placed everything on the ground while i told her to have a good day. In response, she smiled too and walked off. I didn't bother to look back and see what direction she headed to, because I didn't want her to suspect anything but instead I introduced the key into the lock and pushed the two doors open.

On the opposite wall of the entry doors, was a custom made book shelve that covered the entire wall. About 2m before the bookshelve, there two smaller bookshelves, more. These stood in the middle of the room, about 4m away from each other, and they were perpendicular to the greater bookshelve that was against the wall. To my left, was the desk where I was going to be sitting, and there was a window, 3mx1.5m, on the wall. Then there were two round tables on the middle of the room, with four chairs around each one; these were for people to use. The wall to my right was hidden behind a custom made shelve to hold scrolls; that's where i had picked up the scroll that I had brought with me to read. The only windows this small library had, which was about 15m squared x 6m height, included the one behind my desk and one on each side of the entry doors.

Right from the start, I noticed everything was neat and in it's place. I removed the key from the door that held the lock and placed it in my pocket. Then I reached down to get the stuff, and I walked in. First, I wanted to get over to my desk so that I can put the stuff down. Once I did that, taking notice of the book the lady turned in, i walked back to the entrance where I noticed small wooden pieces that go under the door to keep them from flapping back and forth. The front of the LIbrary faced in the direction where the sun rose, so for a moment i became distracted by the warmth of the sunlight and just stood there for a few seconds before i kneeled down and locked the doors in place. I hurried back to my desk, to check it out. I was beginning to panic because i felt like people would start coming in soon.

I began to look for all the things the Librarian mentioned: "In one of the drawers, you will find a box that is divided alphabetically. That box has cards and each card has information about the withdrawal of a book. On the card you will find the author of the book, the name of the book, the date it was borrowed and who borrowed it. The cards are ordered alphabetically by the last name of the book's author, so when someone turns in a book, find out who the author is and look for him in the box by using the first letter of his last name. Then once you find the card, take it out of the box and throw it away. When someone wants to borrow a book, look in first drawer and grab a card from there. On the card write the name of the author, last name first, the name of the book, the date, and the person's name. Then put it, in its corresponding section in the box. And that's it."

I noticed that the deak only had three drawers. one on the left, and two on the right. I opened the single one on the left, and in it I saw writing materials and also a pack of cards which i figured were the cards i would be using to write down registries. Then i opened the first drawer on the right, and in there were a bunch of documents that I had no intention of touching because she did not mention anything about that. I closed it, and then opened the drawer beneath it. This drawer was the biggest out of all three. It was big enough to fit a box that was 3ft in length, .5ft wide, and about 5" in height. The box was against the cabinet's wall, while in the remaining space, there were cards scattered. I noticed they all had information written on them, so i figured they must be important, although it wasn't easy for me to be sure of it, since they were scattered instead of being neatly stacked or assorted. I took the book and examined its cover to look for the author. "Hmm....Tsichiro, Ayagami?"

I looked at box which contained cardboard dividers with little a tab on each which held a letter of the alphabet, and I searched for the tab that had a "T" written on it. I found it, and I saw that there was a card in this section. I pulled it out, revealing that it was the only card in that section. I, immediately, took notice of the format in which the information on it was written because I wanted to get an idea of how to do it:

Author's Name:
Book:
Borrower:
Date Borrowed:

I saw that the information on the card matched the information on the book. Then I came to know the name of the lady who wanted to know "How to be more Attractive". Ayin, Kokoro was her name according to the card. "And just make sure the books are put back in their place." I recalled as i ripped the card.

I picked up the book and walked to the book shelves that were opposite to the entrace. "The books are organized by subjects: Personal, Non-Fiction, Romance, Horror, Fantasy, and Nature. Those are the only types of books I have in the library, aside from the scrolls." I was beginning to feel excited about this. So far, everything was very easy and it wasn't a hassle. I figured that out of all the topics she mentioned, which i noticed that the shelves were divided into, the book i now held in my hand would go under the Personal category. Apparently the greater book shelve, held all the books that were classified Personal and Non-Fiction. It was divided at the middle of its length. The two smaller shelves were divided into the remaining four categories; each shelve holding two categories, one on each side.

As I tried to look for the proper place for the book, in the Personal section, I became overwhelmed by the amount of books. I had been there before, and I had searched through them to look for something interesting, but now that I had to organize them I felt like running out of the library. I couldn't find a pattern as to how they were organized, and the Librarian didn't mention anything too. It seemed as if they were just placed there randomly, without any sort of order other than they were all classified as Personal.

I gave up trying to figure out if there was any pattern to follow, so i just stuck the book in between two others and proceeded to walk back to the desk. Out of curiosity, I searched the box to see if the Librarian registered the scroll i borrowed. I did find my card so i smiled at it, and then placed it back. I continued to browse through the box to see how many cards were in there, and I came to decide that there have been over 50 cards in there. I didn't think any of it, but atleast i satisfied that curiosity too. With that, I looked around to verify that everything was okay in that sunlit room full of books, and after deciding that indeed everything was good to go, i sat on my chair. I reached for the scroll which was on top of the desk, and I opened it to where I had left off last night.

I was interested in learning more defensive techniques because my encounter with Nevelle made me realize that I had to improve... a lot more. Although wind was at my disposal, i wanted to take advantage of the earthy terrain of the Sunagakure village to learn some really good Doton techniques. The scroll had many techniques, but most of them were gruesome like the one the one I was looking at, which involved crushing a target with two slabs of earth that raise from the ground. However, there were a few techniques that caught my eye, and pulled up the one I was reading about last night. "Earth Threat" was what the scroll said it was called. With this technique I can create a clone of myself out of Earth. Although the clone can't move or do anything, it can fool a person into thinking that it's me.

I was reading how to use the technique, when a man walked in. He was wearing a grey, long-sleeve shirt with a turtle neck that acted as a mouth cover. He looked at me twice, after he noticed that I wasn't the person he was expecting to see behind the Desk. "Hi," I said.

"Where is...."
I interrupted him knowing what he was going to ask. It was pretty obvious that he was shocked to see me. "She's sick. So i'll be filling in for her."
"Oh ok." he responded, and walked off to the shelve that held the scrolls.

I suspected that he might be one of the village's shinobi, but i didn't want to pry. I was curious to see what he would check out though. Suddenly, another man walked in, and this one didn't even bother to look my way. He looked younger though. This one just went straight to where the other one was, and they begun to talk to one another.

"Where is the scroll?" The younger man asked as the other.
"It was here yesterday." replied the turtle-neck man as he kept scanning the shelve with his eyes. Then he turned to me and asked, "Did someone check out the scroll with the Earth Techniques on it?"
Normally, I get irritated when people call to me from across the room, or from another room because then I have to either shout back, or walk to them...both which irritated me. This time though, since the room was pretty small, and there wasn't any noise going on, I could talk in my normal voice tone and he'd still hear me. So, i told him that the scroll had been checked out, but I purposely neglected telling him it was me. The younger man groaned at my confirmation while the other man thanked me and indicated the younger one that they should leave.

As they were walking back to the entrance, I hid the scroll from their sight, by holding it behind the desk. Once I was sure they weren't going to come back in, I placed it on top of the desk and continued reading it. After that little incident, I felt a little more comfortable looking after the Library because there was nothing complicated about it.

It was noon time, and I was getting a bit hungry. I was now getting tired of looking at the scroll, so closed it and placed it down on the desk. I yawned and i realized that no one had interrupted me in all this time. This was proving to be, nothing like I had presume when I was walking to the Library this morning. I was bored. I shook the thought from my head and tried not to dwell on it, or else I knew it would just make me more miserable. Instead, i reached for my container with the fruit salad inside and i began to hope for a fork to be inside it. I didn't check for it this morning because I was very sure I left on inside it, but now for some reason I wasn't so sure anymore.

I opened the lid of the container, and I think I opened the gates of hell too. Six noisy kids walked in but they became silent when they saw me. I was frozen too because I didn't know what to do next. "Hi," i said, holding the lid of my container, in the air with my left hand, and the container on my right.

"Hey you're not the lady," one of them started.
"He looks like a lady," another followed which made all of them crack up.
"She's sick," i said.
"Can we still check out books?" they asked.
"Yes."
"Cool!" they cheered. Then they threw their stuff onto one of the tables, and I hoped they truly weren't the little devils that they just impressed on me.

I could handle, one little devil, even two...but i wasn't sure about six. The ambience in the Library went from one side of the spectrum all the way to the other! The noise didn't bother me much, not in comparison to seeing how they're young hands pulled at everybook they seemed to accross. I wanted to yell out to them not to make a mess, but i felt if i did, it would just incite them to actually make one. I rolled my eyes and looked at my fruit salad container. I became very glad to see that the fork was indeed there. I finally rid my left hand of the lid by placing the lid on the desk and i took the fork while trying to relax, hoping that the rest of the day went smooth.

word count:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.