You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Paint The Walls!! [D-Rank] Empty Paint The Walls!! [D-Rank] Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:30 am

Aethir

Aethir

D-rank
Mission fortune telling:

Aethir fell to his knees, panting as sweat was rolling down his face. "W-What the heck was I thinking...?! I can't do this!!" The boy looked up at the amount of paint used, noticing his work...compared to the amount of work left to done. He barely made a dent in it! He turned to the many cans of paint still available to him. "H-Huh...There's just no way I can do it...! I can't do it alone!!" Aethir continued to pant, then smiled. He stood up, his panting slowing down as he formed his hands around his mouth, as if playing a trumpet. He then used the water trumpet jutsu to summon up water from his mouth. "Alright...Part two." The boy nodded, watching the water bubble up as he focused on the puddle with a huge smile.

Time passed, the time nearing nightfall as an army of Aethirs stood, due to the many uses of water trumpet and cloning. "Alright! Everyone grab a paint can and get to work! Quickly!" As if knowing what the prime Aethir was saying, the others ran to coat the walls in the newer paint. The prime Aethir watched as the amount of work he put in was practically doubled in seconds!! "T-That's the way!! Keep it up!!"  "You get to work too!!"  "O-Oh yeah!!" The prime Aethir smiled at his clone, beginning to paint the building as well.

As some Aethirs climbed ladders to reach the higher part of the building, others simply dunked the brushes into the can while running as fast as they can along the walls. Some didn't both with the ladders, just being careful not to step on the new coat of paint as they stuck to the wall with their feet, painting underneath the balcony. Some were having an argument with one another, just having a paint fight, some pain landing on the walls. It didn't really matter how the Aethirs got the painting done... All the prime Aethir cared about was that this got done by night fall.

The sun was nearly gone behind the mountains, the orange sky turning a dark blue. "Oh no..." Aethir looked up and around, noticing what time it was. He feared that he might not make it in time... 'No...! We can do this! I'm sure of it! I'm sure there's a way!' the boy thought to himself as he looked up to the nearly finished administrative building. He saw how hard the Aethirs were working, painting with such determined looks on their faces. Pretty creepy to look at yourself this way, but Aethir nodded, not wanting to give up that easily, and he knew if he felt that way, they must have felt the same. He was then reminded of his past...

+++++
A young boy groaned to reach for a basket of strawberries, standing on the tip of his toes. "Aethir...? Is that you...? It's past midnight, what are you doing...?" the boy, Aethir, turned with a surprised look on his face to see a blind tall boy, facing his direction with his eyes closed. "B-But how did you-"  "I can see almost everything with my other eyes." Aethir stared curiously as the tall boy walked over to pick up the basket. "Does it bother you?" Aethir blinked while tilting his head. "Does it bother you that I can do things you can't...?" the boy spoke, Aethir looking down with a frown. "A little..." he sighed as the other boy smiled down to him. "Ah, well in that case..." Aethir was handed a strawberry as the basket was put back on the shelf. "I'll leave this here for you. For now, you can just have a taste of what victory is like. Victory that you've achieved by yourself." As the blind boy was speaking, Aethir was eating the strawberry. "It tastes like a strawberry." the boy blinked as the blind boy began to chuckle. He patted Aethir on the head as they both left the room with the basket, heading off to bed.
+++++
As Aethir stared at the building, he made the connection. Before him was an incredibly difficult feat... And just like how that basket of strawberries was incredibly difficult to get, Aethir was once again presented with, in a way, a higher basket of strawberries for him to get. He nodded, tightening his grip on the paintbrush. "We'll just keep going then." Aethir smiled, getting back to work on the building.

As Aethir laid on the ground, surrounded by muddy water of what used to be his clones, he panted. The moon was now high, being the only thing the boy was staring at as of right now. Eventually, a woman leaned over his face, staring down at him. "Finished the coating I see. And by nightfall." she smiled, Aethir blinking a few times before nodding. "Well, while it's not the best job in the world," Aethir closed his eyes tightly, waiting for 'failure' to leave her lips, "I'd say it's a job done well enough." Aethir's eyes opened wide as the boy smiled back to the smile woman. "T-Thank you very much..." he sighed, closing his eyes to regain SOME energy to at least make it home.
+++++
{Mission Results}
Final Word Count: 895/600

[Exit]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.