You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trauma. [Flashback/Private] Empty Trauma. [Flashback/Private] Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:00 pm

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
Music

Hollow. Numb. Frozen.
Dead.
I want to tell myself that I’ll be fine.
I want to make myself believe that none of this happened.
The truth is the fiend. Wherever I go, it will follow.
So I need to run away.
Fast. Faster than my pursuer.
But I cannot feel my limbs. I am not able to run.
The thoughts creep through my head, through my wide-eyed gaze, until they begin to take shape in my mind.
Whispering.
How could this happen? How come the world is still turning?
I don’t know. I don’t know how to go on.
I don’t know anything about this life.

Two weeks after her death. Fourteen days. Or had it already been fifteen days?
...Whatever.
Time didn’t matter anymore.
Misoka kept staring at the ceiling, arms at her sides, bed sheets against her back. She blinked, once or twice. Her eyes were dry. Finally.
An absurd thought occurred to her: If she continued to stay in this position, simply holding out – no drinking, no eating, no talking... if she decided to deliberately cause herself such pain, would this propitiate the ruler of life? Would it be enough to persuade Him to return her mother?
Well-known memories threatened to haunt her yet again, and as though she protected herself instinctively, her mind went blank.
When she got out of bed, she felt dizzy from lying on it for so long.

This house was stained with deafening silence. Carefully, Misoka walked downstairs, watching every step she took as not to stumble. The kitchen was empty.
She found her father sprawled out on the sofa in the living room, eyes closed.
“Dad?” she asked.
No answer.
It seemed hard to tell whether he was sleeping or in his usual state, one she had started to just call ‘paralyzed’.  Somehow, Misoka feared the latter was true at that moment.
“Dad?” she tried again, this time louder. Her father didn’t show any reaction.
For a few more moments, she did nothing but stand there and look at him, almost becoming caught up in her own world as well. Then she turned around, went to get a small sheet of paper and scribbled down the words her father wouldn’t hear.

I’m going out for a bit.

And suddenly, Misoka felt the urge to leave as soon as possible.
She needed to get fresh air. Escape this bitter atmosphere of guilt. Of sorrow. Of desperation.
In her haste, she accidentally slammed the entry door.
The noise made her flinch.  

Training Ninjutsu S->SS 427/9000

Last edited by Misoka on Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://www.youtube.com/user/KanameXSisters?feature=mhee

2Trauma. [Flashback/Private] Empty Re: Trauma. [Flashback/Private] Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:46 pm

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
Red. Sharp. Screaming.
Cut.
Black.
I will never run out of words.

Misoka didn’t know where to go.
She avoided meeting other people, thus every well-visited place in Sunagakure was out of question. Once, she had been a fairly outgoing person. This seemed ages ago.
Her aimless wandering about brought her to the training grounds in the end. Thankfully, no-one else happened to be around.
She spent the next fifteen minutes or so sitting on the ground, back against a tree, and simply stared into space. The idea of training her shinobi skills came to her mind eventually, but was dismissed at once. Buried under a blanket of doubt and guilt.
Why should she keep trying the impossible? It was pointless to practise anything combat-related. She couldn’t be a ninja. For a multitude of reasons.
She wasn’t strong. She wasn’t brave enough.
And not able to protect anyone.
Her thoughts began to scramble again, causing the well-known feeling of fear to arise within her. It started in her toes and crept all the way up to her throat until she couldn’t breathe anymore.
Misoka gasped, coughed, wrapped both arms around her shoulders tightly.
Air.
Breathing.
In.
Out.
It couldn’t be so hard.
It should happen automatically.

“Are you alright?!”
The voice made her jump so violently that she sucked in the air more out of surprise than instinct.
A man was standing in front of her, his face slowly relaxing into an expression of relief. “Phew, you gave me quite the scare, little one.”
She could hear his words, but they sounded far-away as though someone had filled her ears with cotton. Far-away and so, so menacing.
Her heart pounded against her rib cage, threatening to break out. Faint pictures appeared in her mind’s eye, a flow of words accompanying them. Hands. Touching. Dangerous. Death. Scared. Scared. Scared.
Eyes widened, Misoka attempted to back away from the man, only to register that she was still leaning against the tree. She had to stand up and run. Now. Now!
Why weren’t her legs listening to her commands?
A whimper escaped her lips as she curled up into herself, hands over her head, knees up to her chest.
“Go away… Please go away…”
She didn’t want to remember these things.
She wanted to make up her own story, to pretend that her mother had died in an accident.
Forget the truth.
Over and over again.

845 w.

https://www.youtube.com/user/KanameXSisters?feature=mhee

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.