You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:16 am

Sessan

Sessan

D-rank
Symbol:

The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) T_ai10

Clan: Mitetoru (meaning to understand, comprehend, to grasp (the situation,) to percieve in Japanese.)

Kekkei Genkai:  The clan combines their bloodline ability with a series of their personally relevant philosophical adoptions to create その 歩き方 哲人 "The Philosopher Gait/Sage's Walk."

The clan's KKG is evident in their eyes, but a coincident component of this mutation is modified mental faculties. These modifications allow for the subconscious intimations to flood over into the conscious mind, and multiple trains of thought to be followed simultaneously. The clan is full of philosophers and occultists (meaning religious people in addition to supernatural occultism,) for this reason. Truly it cannot be said with any measure of 'sureness' whether the developed mental faculties are a result, or cause of the Clan's doujutsu, though most  members themselves have speculated the Shingan is causation for half of their KKG, and the Musōgan is a symptomatic manifestation of their KKG.  

If one were to take an eye and implant it into a non-clan member, it would plague the implantee's mind with thoughts and feelings they didn't know they were A) aware of, and B) thinking/concerned about. Its kinda like the venom suit from spiderman, metaphorically. It wouldn't be too much to expect them to feel drained, and depressed, even tired and angry, or to lose it altogether provided their thoughts are oppressive enough (I.E. bad person who did bad things, or someone who suffered through something like torture.) This effects their chakra pool via the -25 signifying their brain's use of a significant part of their body's energy (like the brain in real life consumes a massively disproportionate ratio of the energy your body creates, except magnified in scope.) In addition to this their chakra is effected by having a precise balance (symbolic of their mental state being balanced between pos n neg energy, or yin & yang etc) i.e. They do not lose their mind forever etc, and is analagous to an immune system for them, their chakra is forced into this state by the kkg, and much like the immune system the body may react with adversity to the elimination of these imbalances, in example being healed by medical jutsu.

From Left to Right, the three forms the Doujutsu takes.

The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Mind-b11
From Left to Right, the three forms the Doujutsu takes.

Left:

Middle:

Right:

Elements: Any

Specialization: Any

Location: Konoha. (Family head based in Konoha, however members are generally scattered.)

Clan History:
Spoiler:

Kekkei Genkai Description:

At Genin (D) level the Doujutsu has not yet awakened, though a permanent passive +1 Perception is gained due to the Danketsugan, coupled with the bloodline member's consequential thoughtfullness and affinity for awareness and details this KKG gives -10% word count when training new skills, and -15% when training known skills. Also, in addition, the mentally burdening nature of the KKG puts a heavy load on the mind, since the Danketsugan still provides and processes a plethora of sensory information. This manifests as a Chakra deficiency (-25 chakra.)

At Chuunin (C) level the first level of The Doujutsu is awakened. Shingan, and Musogan are both ready for training, and usable after a thread of 2,000 words.

At Chuunin (C) level using Shingan will provide +1 to reaction times. Shingan consumes 10 Chakra on activation, and each post thereafter.
Musogan will provide the ability to build up chakra every post AFTER activation ranking up the next jutsu +1 each turn until it is 1 rank above the user (at Chuunin it would be (B) rank.) Musogan costs 5 chakra to activate, and 5 chakra per turn to maintain. Each turn after the activation post will raise the rank by one. The powered-up jutsu will cost a rank appropriate amount unless it is powered up to the shinobi's current rank, then the cost is reduced by 5 when cast.
When casting an empowered jutsu a rank above the shinobi, the user suffers a -1 reaction time from not being used to handling larger amounts of chakra.

At Chuunin (C) level Shingan/Musogan can be activated using the jutsu Tenshi: Shingan!/ Konoyo no shokubai: Musogan! The user must make a point to note which one has been activated in their post.

At Sp. Jounin (B)The 2nd level of Shingan/Musogan is available to train for 3,000 words.
level 2 Shingan will provide +1 reaction time, and +1 to Tai, Buku, Kugu, or Med jutsu If they are the user's Main, or Secondary spec. Costs (10) Chakra to activate (+5) for each spec that recieves a bonus, and (10) (+5) each turn to maintain, or (10) if no skills recieve a bonus.
level 2 Musogan provides the same ability-charging, in addition will provide +1 to Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Fuuinjutsu, and Kuchiyose, should the user have any. The cost is (5) to activate plus (5) for each skill that gets a buff, and costs 10 per turn to maintain. While building chakra, no jutsu from the schools that recieve a +1 from Musogan may be used without expending the built up chakra, even jutsu below the shinobi's rank will use it up and force the chakra to build up again. (Training is available later to help with this.)

At Jounin (A) rank, level 3 for Shingan/Musogan is usable after a 4,000 word thread. Now called Danketsugan, it provides the ability to activate both eyes at the same time. Shingan provides the +1 to reaction times, and Musogan provides the chakra building ability and -1 reaction time when casting plus the inability to use any jutsu that would recieve +1 from level 2 without expending latent chakra (unless trained of course!)

TO reiterate: This rank (3) functions as if both rank (1) Shingan/Musogan were active at the same time, but is activated with a different jutsu. Shin Tengoku no shokubai: Danketsugan! (True Heavenly Catalyst: Danketsugan!) Rank 3 Danketsugan (Shingan+Musogan) costs (15) chakra to activate, and (10) per turn to maintain.

Once rank 3 is usable, training to use jutsu without expending latent chakra is available and for 3,500 words removes that drawback.

Upon Assignment of a Jounin's first (A) rank mission, training for level 4 Danketsugan (Shingan/Musogan) is available, and after 5,000 words unlocked. Rank 4 Danketsugan Gives +1 reaction time, +1 to tai, buki, kugu, and med jutsu if it is the user's main or secondary spec. The chakra charging ability applies as well as the casting limit, if not trained. Ninjutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Kuchiyose, and Genjutsu get +1 if it is the user's main or secondary spec. Rank 4 costs (10) chakra to activate and (10) (+5) for each spec boost per turn to maintain.

Philosopher's/Sage's Gait/Walk:
Attacks from the user's main spec receive -2 rank. Incoming attacks of any specialization receive -1 rank.

Note: The Philospher's/Sage's Gait/Walk cannot be used at all if the user's chakra flow is being currently disturbed by a seal, or if any chakra points are currently disturbed by techniques similar to the Hyuga's Juken, or some sort of tanketsu-afflicting med jutsu. (It can be used under Genjutsu, however as it reacts to what is physically there. Genjutsu will still be active, though any effects meant to cause fear, pain, excitement, confusion, loss of direction, sense of time etc.. will be ignored for the duration As the user essentially becomes a reactionary vessel.

Drawbacks: (What is your clan bad at?)

(not rly a drawback) Don't choose Focused, or One-track mind.)

1 & 2: Because of the strain put on the mind and body by the  nature of the Kekkei Genkai all members must take Multi-Tasker, and Pharmacophobia (though multi-tasker is a positive it will use up one of their positives, and Pharmacophobia because of the precise balance in their bodies yin and yang energy their body and mind both work to keep a Chakra-homeostasis, therefore...)

3. All clan members recieve a -1 when being healed by non-clan members med jutsu, (the drawback is removed when a med nin of the clan heals a clan member, and values are applied normally,) and all attackers using med jutsu and chakra disturbing techniques with fuuinjutsu recieve +1 to attacking with these specialties.

5: The constant level of mental activity maintained by those within the clan's bloodline produces a lower level of chakra (-25,) as the individual matures however it becomes less noticeable (but remains.)

6. All member's must choose a Hesitant negative.  

7. (still debating this one) Due to their reliance on their natural abilities (or preoccupation) the clan members recieve one less free jutsu of the highest rank every level. (Genin recieves no C level jutsu.)

Members:Sessan Mitetoru (W.I.P)

Kekkei Genkai Jutsu:

Name: 天賜 Tenshi  "Heavenly Gift" / この世の触媒 Konoyo no shokubai "Earthly Catalyst"
Canon/Custom: Custom
Type: Supplementary
Element: Kekkei Genkai
Range: Self, Eyes
Specialty: Mitetoru
Duration: Maintained until deactivated
Cooldown: next post after activation
Description: By nearly unconscious force of will the user activates either the Heavenly Gift (Shingan) or the Earthly Catalyst (Musōgan.)

Shingan by level-

Level 1 Shingan: +1 reaction time 10/post
Level 2 Shingan: +1 reaction time 10/post +5 for each boost maintained.
+1 to Tai, Buku, Kugu, or Med jutsu, if they are the user's main or secondary spec.

Musōgan by level:

Level 1 Musōgan: Jutsu power up (+1 rank above user max,) 1 rank per turn. Costs 5 to activate/maintain per post. The powered-up jutsu will cost a rank appropriate amount unless it is powered up to the shinobi's current rank, then the cost is reduced by 5 when cast. When casting an empowered jutsu a rank above the shinobi, the user suffers a -1 reaction time from not being used to handling larger amounts of chakra.

Level 2 Musōgan: Same as rank oneJutsu charging, in addition will provide +1 to Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Fuuinjutsu, and Kuchiyose, should the user have any as main or secondary spec. The cost is (5) to activate/maintain plus (5) for each spec that gets a buff. While building chakra, no jutsu from the schools that recieve a +1 from Musogan may be used without expending the built up chakra, even jutsu [b]from those four schools below the shinobi's rank will use it up and force the chakra to restart building up.
(Training is available later to help with this.)

Name: Shin Tengoku no shokubai: Danketsugan!(真天国の触媒: 団結眼!) True Heavenly Catalyst: Danketsugan!
Type: Supplementary
Element: Kekkei Genkai
Range: Self, eyes
Duration: Maintained until deactivated
Cooldown: next post after activation
Description: By nearly unconscious force of will (after appropriate training,) the user activates their complete dual-eye state, Danketsugan:  
Level 3 Shingan/Musogan, now called Danketsugan, provides the ability to activate both eyes at the same time.

Shingan provides the +1 to reaction times, and Musogan provides the chakra building ability and -1 reaction time when casting ranked up jutsu, plus the inability to use any jutsu that would recieve +1 from level 2 Musogan without expending latent chakra (unless trained.)

costs (15) chakra to activate, and (10) per turn to maintain.

Level 4 Danketsugan (Shingan/Musogan) provides +1 reaction time, +1 to Tai, Buki, Kugu, and Med jutsu if they are the user's main, or secondary spec. The chakra charging ability applies as well as the Musogan's school casting limit, if not trained. Ninjutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Kuchiyose, and Genjutsu get +1 if it is the user's main or secondary spec.
Users will recieve -1 reaction time when casting jutsu powered up above their rank.

(10) chakra to activate and (10) (+5) for each spec boost per turn to maintain.

Does not boost Senjutsu

Name: Philosopher's/Sages Walk/Gait
Type: Defense
Element: Mitetoru
Range: Self/Body
Duration: Maintained until broken, 2 times per thread.
Cooldown: Equal to duration maintained
Description: The user drops any active jutsu/doujutsu and closes their eyes, falling into a hypnotic state of demiurge-like awareness with the intent to defend itself against any potential threat. All attacks of any specialization receive -1 rank. Regular defense jutsu maintenance rules apply after the rank downgrade.  Attacks ranked below the clansmen will be avoided, attacks of the same rank will be deflected, or redirected to another target, if possible, and an attack of the rank above will be defended against to the best of the user's ability doing damage it would at the lowered rank.[/b]

After rank downgrade - defenses:
4 Techniques of one rank lower (Avoided)
2 techniques of equal rank before breaking (Deflected/redirected)
1 technique one one rank higher. (Defended against, ends jutsu.)

Any other technique will shatter the shield.

Sensory ranges: (used to calculate defense range)

C Rank: 15m
B Rank: 25m
A Rank: 50m
S Rank: 250m
SS Rank: 500m

Last edited by Sessan on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:59 pm; edited 8 times in total

2The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:48 am

Tame

Tame

D-rank
Don't request specific people, please.~ It hurts my self-esteem.

Remove the WiP tag on this topic and I will look at it with gladness.

3The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Sessan

Sessan

D-rank
Tame wrote:~ It hurts my self-esteem.

Okokokok. I removed the W.I.P. tag, knowing that I need to finish the clan history, I've been working on it for days and I just need to know whether I could add the character I'm apping into it, though I suppose I could always change it later. I'll probably be done before I get two admin replies. Thanks for looking and be gentle, it's my first time! :*

4The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:04 pm

Tame

Tame

D-rank
For all your clan jutsu, give the rank they scale up to. I don't want to have to refer to the clan page's listed training counts for the max rank each jutsu can be. Can you change 'ranks' when referring to your Doujutsu to 'stages'? That would make it easier to decipher what you're actually talking about, it might get mistaken for a rank of jutsu.

I assume both eyes are just facets of the original Danketsugan, so...here we go.

Let's start out with your pluses and minuses here.

+1 permanent Perception. -10/15% WC reductions on training.

Where...is this coming from? I feel that Doujutsu clans shouldn't really have anything special about them unless their Doujutsu is activated. The Uchiha don't. The Hyuuga have one or two things, but even those are still jutsu.

10 per post Stage 1 Shingan: +1 speed and reaction time.

Stage 1 Musogan: Expend 5 chakra per post to raise the rank of a jutsu you're about to use, up to 1 rank above what you normally can use. The chakra cost for the boosted jutsu is the same as what it would be if it was actually that rank(A jutsu boosted to B would cost 20 chakra), and you suffer a -1 to reaction time for the post of casting the jutsu, if the jutsu was boosted to max. Can only use one facet of the Danketsudan, either Musogan or Shingan, not both.

Things to fix here for Stage 1 Doujutsu: Mostly nothing. I just have a problem with the Shingan giving two boosts on top of your initial bonus just from being a Mitetoru clan member....I would prefer if you skimmed this down to one bonus. I would say keep reaction time, an eye doesn't really make your body faster.

+10 activation (+5 per boost you give), 15 to maintain the Stage 2 Shingan. I feel like you should have to pay more to maintain these boosts than to activate them....you also really don't give a mechanic for why these specializations are boosted. I'm really....not okay with having this many boosts possible, for any chakra cost.

Musogan Stage 2: It's essentially the same as the above, because we already discussed the ability-charging.

Danketsugan Stage 3: Edit in the things that I discussed with the original forms.

Stage 4: See Stage 3.

For all stages of Danketsugan and its sub-variants, I am really not okay with you being able to train out of your drawbacks. :/ a drawback that is able to be nullified is not a drawback at all.

Philosopher's Gait: You're a doujutsu clan, closing your eyes, to get an ability? This, I am not okay with.~

Your jutsu are pretty much activating your doujutsu....Philosopher's Stone seemingly just lets you cast two jutsu at once....which is not impossible for any ninja. Skilled shinobi can cast two jutsu at once, it's not uncommon. So I'm afraid you can't have Philosopher's Stone if it only lets you cast two jutsu at once

5The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:57 pm

Sessan

Sessan

D-rank
bumb

6The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:27 am

Sessan

Sessan

D-rank
added most of clan history will finish tomorrow

Edit: looks like it's gonna be hella long

7The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Sessan

Sessan

D-rank
bump! still waiting for some feedback :)

8The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:45 pm

Sessan

Sessan

D-rank
bumping for review of edits

9The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:52 pm

Yōsei

Yōsei

S-rank
this looks unfinished?

the jutsu arent done are they?

10The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:23 pm

Sessan

Sessan

D-rank
woops, thought i did that a long time ago, the jutsu section is fixed

11The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:40 pm

Sessan

Sessan

D-rank
another bump!!! :) (its once a day right?)

12The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:24 pm

Sessan

Sessan

D-rank
Bump

13The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:19 pm

Sessan

Sessan

D-rank
Sessan wrote:Bump

14The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:58 pm

Sessan

Sessan

D-rank
After bump

15The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Sessan

Sessan

D-rank
After bump

16The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Sessan

Sessan

D-rank
after bump

17The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:37 pm

Sessan

Sessan

D-rank
After bump!!

18The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:26 am

Sessan

Sessan

D-rank
bump

19The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Empty Re: The Clan Mitetoru (Doujutsu) Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Sessan

Sessan

D-rank
bump

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.