You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Shift [Plot | Closed] Empty Shift [Plot | Closed] Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:21 am

Daraku

Daraku

D-rank
A bird darted in through the open window, landing on Kiyoshi's outstretched hand. There was a small note tied to its leg, which Kiyoshi removed and looked over briefly with a quizzical look. He hadn't gotten a messenger bird in a while, so it must've been something somewhat important. The note's text, although small, held regal penmanship and sophisticated sentence structure, but he knew it was from Daraku. How interesting, the boy was trying his hardest to be a rolemodel for his people. Such determination was humbling...once he took in the appearance of the note as a whole, he moved on to read what it actually said:

Hello, Kiyoshi. I have sent this note to inform you that I am holding a meeting for myself, the 5 strongest ninja within this clan, and few other clan heads. It is mandatory that you attend. The meeting will be at 2 PM in the conference hall in the northwest court of the Ishido Castle. It will not begin until everyone has arrived, so do not be late.

-Ishido, Daraku
北極星 ~  Hokkyokusei

Kiyoshi gave the note one last once-over before slipping it into his pocket and nodding. 2 PM, then. It was only about noon, so he had plenty of time to prepared. He headed back to his chambers, removing his casual clothing and putting on a white robe with black trim. The Ishido Clan symbol was emblazoned on the back of it; he wore it proudly as he fixed his short, dirty blonde hair. He'd recently dyed it that color more recently, to change up his style a bit...most hadn't noticed, but that wasn't a problem. He liked it and that was all that mattered. He was finished "getting ready" by one o'clock, leaving him a full hour to himself to reflect on everything. It had been a busy  month, since Daraku's return, what with Tsurugi's death and the castle being expanded and the commotion across all five nations. He hoped for the best in the coming weeks, both for his sake and the rest of the clan's.

~*~*~*~

Daraku was out in the dunes, looking over the desert. He ventured far outside of the village to get some semblance of peace and quiet...and he'd found it there, in a desolate plot of seemingly endless sand. Not a living soul was here aside from him. His black cloak whipped in the wind, the blue rose on the back plainly visible in the stark sunlight. He kept his eyes set on the sand below, looking wistfully at it as if he needed it to comfort him. He certainly wasn't feeling very good. There was a lingering pain in his mind and in his heart, but he couldn't pinpoint neither the cause nor the reason. He stood, letting the sand sift around as he moved, and made a hand seal. He'd come out there to train before the meeting he'd scheduled later in the day, more specifically to train a few jutsu. First and foremost, the Water Clone Technique.

Daraku had a simple and somewhat correct under standing of bunshin jutsu in general. It was the premise of splitting the user's chakra into separate entities that could operate independently of one another, as if to "clone" them. Thus, a variety of uses sprang from this technique, and each was directly applicable in a number of battle situations. Daraku figured he could at least learn one of these basic techniques to give him an edge in combat. Looking back on his fight with Syekren, he saw many opportunities to make use of a clone, or multiple, to get him out of a sticky situation or to put an opponent in one. He took a few paces back, charging his chakra and gaining a stable mental focus. He was aiming to master the Water Clone Jutsu, a technique he'd never seen performed but had read about in books during his extensive Suiton training.

First and foremost, as with any jutsu, was the task of creating hand seals. There was only one involved here and it was the basic Tiger hand seal, commonly associated with Katon techniques but in this application used to mold Suiton chakra. Daraku held the seal at a position parallel to his chest, and focused as best he could. He did his best to emulate the method he used the basic Clone Jutsu with, although it wasn't entirely the same considering these Water Clones would be corporeal forms that could interact with the world around them, unlike the basic academy level jutsu. This required a proficiency in water release, advanced shape manipulation, and a constant connection between the user and the clone to maintain. He began to form the water, first a puddle that almost soaked completely into the sand underfoot, then into a pillar, which in turn shaped itself into a human figure. It didn't resemble Daraku in features or color, as for now it was just a human-shaped blob, but he had managed to successfully form the clone, and it was fully functioning independently.

The next step was simpler, more of a variant of the transformation jutsu. Daraku focused, changing his Tiger hand seal into a Ram, and felt his chakra flow out in short, rapid bursts. The clone made the same hand seal and recalibrated its own chakra system, taking on a form that was substantially more human than the previous blob that it had been. It looked back at the real Daraku and spoke. "This application of Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu is...successful, don't you think?" Daraku nodded. "Considering the fact that you're a clone and your talking to me without me trying to make you talk, I would say so." He pulled out Nisebi and sliced through the clone, letting it revert to water and fall down into the sand with a subtle splash. Now, for the next jutsu he was to train; Wind Release: Pressure Damage. This was a more complex jutsu to learn, and however it was of Fūton, an elemental release he was much more familiar with than Suiton as it was his natural chakra affinity.

Daraku had tried to learn this very same jutsu once before, but his skill level in Ninjutsu wasn't enough and he couldn't maintain the correct shape manipulation without causing the wind involved to be entirely unstable and even harmful to himself. So, he put it off until he could practice his chakra control a bit better...this was his second chance, and his last attempt to redeem the pride he'd lost in his previous chance. He held out his right hand, and let out a breath, which was infused with masses of his chakra. The breath took shape as it reached his palm, assuming the form of a small oval. Wind surrounded the figure, increasing its size and altering its shape ever so slightly with each second until it was a perfect sphere. Pressure was multiplied exponentially, not only making the sphere heavier but giving it a more volatile appearance. This was where it became difficult; maintaining the shape with the pressure and chakra until it reached its mark.

Without any longer to waste before the sphere detonated, Daraku threw it as far as he could, off into the dunes. It whizzed past each hill of sand, whipping up a slight sandstorm as it went. It moved at violently fast speeds, covering a long distance in less than two or so seconds. It finally exploded, forming a circular tornado that grew outwards and sent sand scattering across the landscape in all directions, blinding Daraku as it passed. He shielded his eyes and shut them tight, until he heard the sand settle and all was silent again. A massive crater was left at the detonation site, meaning that his jutsu had worked the way he had originally intended; another success. With both jutsu used correctly, he felt accomplished in his training. He pushed his hair back and put on his Wolf Mask to conceal his identity on his return trip to the stronghold.

The man raised his arm to bring the ring on his finger to the direct sunlight; it left a gleam in the north-northeast, meaning it was around 1:30. The meeting was in 30 minutes...he nodded, making his way back in a haste. He couldn't be late to his own event, lest he want to look like an unfit leader for his clan.

~*~*~*~

Daraku strode into the room bearing a formal expression, his lip bent down in a slight frown, his eyebrows furrowed and pulled down on a steady level as if he was thinking about something. He sat at the far end of the long conference table, filling one of the ten seats. Kiyoshi arrived within minutes, taking the seat next to him on his right. Kiyoshi nodded to his nephew, tucking his arms inside of his robe and leaning back in his chair. "So tell me, what's this sudden meeting all about? You never mentioned one before today, and I assume it's something important." Daraku looked back at his kin, changing his frown into a half-smile. "You'll understand everything soon enough, it's nothing bad. Just a...change, until further notice." Kiyoshi gave Daraku a curious look before rolling his eyes. "Whatever you say, oh great Hokkyokusei." Daraku stifled a chuckle. "Don't give me that 'oh great' bullshit, you already know I'm not trying to be some kind of magnificent emperor or something. I'm just here to provide guidance for this clan, to be the lodestar that they needed, that they called me to be so desperately. That's the origin of my title as Hokkyokusei...and that's what I'll always strive to remain, until the day I die. I cling to you and the rest of the Ishido because you are all I have left, really. Although, I do have to say, I am pretty awesome and powerful and sexy, so I wouldn't make a bad emperor. Just saying." Their playful conversation was interrupted as footsteps from outside echoed through the hall. It seemed the remainder of his attendees were beginning to arrive, one by one.

They filled each of the seats in the room until the table was fully seated, and they looked left and right at one another, wondering what had called them there. Head of the clan that Daraku had stolen the artifact from sat opposite to him, still completely unaware of his betrayal againt them. He gave her a subtle smirk before looking away. The other two clan heads were of lesser known clans in Sunagakure, but they were there for the purpose of gaining allies. The remaining five were there on Daraku's personal request. They were the Five Shiyogen, or the Five Death Prophets. Essentially honored guests, they were the top five strongest ninja within the Ishido Clan, hand picked by Daraku to act as his personal guards and assassins during the month since his arrival and usurpation of power from his father. He looked over each of them individually, remembering their names and tidbits of information about them as he did.

First was Ishido, Iwao. The man was gargantuan, standing around 6'5". His eyes were a dark orange shade, and his hair was a similar color. He was a run-of-the-mill Suna-nin, wearing his hitai-ate on his forehead and a red cloak covering most of his body. Although Iwao wasn't really the strongest of the five, he was a dedicated member of the Ishido clan and a genius in his own right. Currently 32 years old, he'd made his way to Jounin around 3 years previous, and now was best known as a squad leader, as well as for his determination and excellent strategizing in battle...he was also a master of Kyujutsu, Kuchiyose, and Genjutsu.

Seated next to Iwao was Ishido, Madoka. Madoka was an average man in apperance, aside from the scars covering his face and the slash through one of his eyebrows. He was a battle-hardened man in his late forties who had been through plenty of hardships in his lifetime that had only helped him grow stronger. He was Kiyoshi's cousin, as well, making him Daraku's second cousin. He looked almost similar to Tsurugi, with a rugged face and scruffy beard, although his pitch black hair that spiked in various directions with blonde highlights distinguished him from the deceased man. He was an expert in Taijutsu as well as Bukijutsu and he was best known for his unique combat style using dozens of weapons at a time.

Following Madoka was Ishido, Hikaru, a beautiful woman known for her fatal charm and lethality in battle. She possessed long, platinum blonde hair and pink eyes, and she kept her lower face covered with a scarf almost always, partly in an effort to keep her identity a secret. Unlike the rest of the Shiyogen, she had come to Daraku in hopes of joining rather than him granting her the title; he had no choice but to accept her after seeing her prowess in battle. She was only around 19 years old, but she had completely mastered most forms of Genjutsu and was also an expert in Taijutsu. She battled by striking from the shadows or confounding her opponents with an illusion before killing them.

A woman whispered into Hikaru's ear for a moment, making a comment about the clan heads that were present and how uncomfortable they looked. The two giggled jokingly before she moved away from Hikaru, leaning back against her chair. This woman was Ishido, Umeko, the only Shiyogen ninja that had originally lived in Konoha as part of the Pursuers of Truth. She was usually seen equipped an iconic scythe that was nearly seven feet high, but she had left it propped up against her chair for this meeting considering she couldn't sit down with it tied to her back. She was 28, and was once an ANBU member back in Konohagakure; in addition, although her father was an Ishido, her father was of Uzumaki blood, which explained her blood red hair, dark near the point of blackness. She was renowned for her prowess with her scythe and with Fūinjutsu techniques, as well. This gave her an edge in battle when combined with her Truth Path kekkei genkai's extreme resistance to close combat.

Finally, sitting opposite to Kiyoshi, was Ishido, Yosuke. Yosuke was a tall boy...at least, for his age. He was only 15 years old, still considered no more than a Chūnin by Sunagakure; however, he possessed infinite potential. Even at this young age, he'd already mastered Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, Senjutsu, and Seijutsu, as well as Raiton, Suiton and Doton. His pet, Toshi, was a 5', 50 kg black lizard, who assisted him in almost every fight. The beastly creature sat in the back of the conference room, peacefully resting as he awaited Yosuke's return to him. The boy was stronger than even Daraku...the only thing keeping him from being clan leader was his stamina. His chakra supply was exhausted quite easily, and he could only maintain Sage Mode for a few minutes at a time. Thus, Daraku vowed to train Yosuke personally in addition to his Shiyogen training and help him improve so that the boy could accomplish his own goal of becoming a Sannin.

These were truly remarkable ninja, and Daraku felt honored to call them his Shiyogen. All of these warriors, the clan heads, and Kiyoshi looked to him now, growing silent as they did. Now it was time to explain the reason behind all of this. Daraku smiled back at them. "I'm sure you're all wondering why I've called you here. Well, first thing to address. Amashi, head of the Nabuke clan. Tsumite, head of the Wata clan. Raiden, head of the Zetsuda clan. I have invited you to this meeting specifically because I am looking to the three of you for alliance. I'm willing to help each and every one of your clans, both financially and politically, in exchange for your affiliation with the Ishido and possible protection from each of you in our times of danger. Give me your feedback."

Amashi nodded immediately, in full agreement with the offer. In her mind, Daraku had already helped her clan by recovering her artifact (when in fact he had given her a decoy and stolen the real one for himself). "Of course, it's a deal. I'd like no other option than to be your allies, sir Ishido, after all of your help with the amulet." Daraku resisted the urge to roll his eyes, instead being very polite so she saw no sign of his false care for her. How stupid was she to not realize the necklace around her neck was no artifact, it was mere cheap jewelry. It only benefited him in the end, though, as he got to keep the real artificat, so he moved on and shifted his attention to Tsumite. One down, two to go. Tsumite was more contemplative in his decision. "How do I know we can trust you? I know of your criminal past, your status in the bingo book, how your namesake is full of liars and assassins. To be honest, I expected this to be a trap...I even came armed." He continued, slipping a kunai out from his pocket. "Don't think that just because a bit of time has passed doesn't mean that you Ishido aren't enemies any longer. You have always been the enemy, a band of thieves and greedy creatures, less human than an actual beast." Daraku looked back at him with resent. He remembered his own childhood, how he was always ostracized and bullied, how alone he felt. He had never done anything then, he was only a kid, yet his bloodline and his namesake were somehow a sufficient enough reason to torture him, or  so the rest of the academy students thought. He finally spoke again, insisting against Tsumite's harsh words in a loud tone, nearing a shout. "You're going to have to take my word for it. Don't you think we would've tried to kill you by now if we did wanted to? Get off your damn high horse, you said so yourself that we're killers; why wouldn't we have done it already if that was the case? We want to help you, and we want your help in return. That's all." Tsumite begrudgingly accepted that fact. "I suppose you're right...fine. We will ally with the Ishido, but this isn't a friendly alliance. It is strictly political."

And finally, there was Raiden. Raiden kept his eyes set on Daraku, giving him a hateful glare. "I refuse. You and the rest of your clan are no more than mere mindless beasts, pouncing at the sight of blood. Worthless..." he said, standing and taking his leave. Nine were left in the conference room, and two of the three clan heads had accepted Daraku's offer. "Well. It's still progress. Alright, Tsumite, Amashi, you two may leave, we will contact you when we need you and you may do the same if you require us." The two stood and left. Daraku looked up at the ceiling. All who remained in the room were Kiyoshi, Iwao, Hikaru, Umeko, and Yosuke, as well as Yosuke's pet, Toshi.

Iwao spoke up, showing genuine confusion in his tone of voice. "So what is it that you still have us in here for? It's gotta be something important, I'm guessing." All of the other Shinyogen nodded in agreement with Iwao, beginning to chatter again for a short while before Daraku's voice interrupted them. Toshi chewed on something in the background, preoccupying himself while Yosuke was busy.

"Yes...this remaining bit of news will be vital to you. I'm going to be leaving, and I want Kiyoshi to take my mantle as clan head until I return."  They all exchanged glances, talking amongst themselves in surprise and wonder. Daraku lifted a hand to silence them, and they stopped, returning their attention to him. "I'm going to Kirigakure. I heard news of the trouble there, and a few allies of mine are in the middle of the commotion. I can't just leave them without doing something to help. I don't know how long I'll be there, could be a matter of days or weeks, but I'll try to return as soon as I can. Until I do, I'm relying on all of you, especially Kiyoshi, to ensure the clan's safety while I am away. I'm still considered a criminal here, and the Kazekage seems to be avoiding my audience...so, there will be people after me, and they will come here to make their strike. Just keep this in mind and protect the clan at all costs. And take care of yourselves, as well."

The room remained quiet, as they didn't have anything to say in response. Daraku was placing a great responsibility on their shoulders, but he knew that they could handle it. Yosuke's voice chimed in, finally breaking the silence. "I'll miss you, Daraku-sensei! Good luck." Daraku gave Yosuke a smile. So refreshing to see innocence even in the personality of a trained killer. Madoka's huskier voice resounded as he added to Yosuke's statement. "Be careful, Daraku. Don't do anything stupid, you're not invincible and we can't lose you now. You're our Hokkyokusei, our lodestar..."

Daraku set his hands on the table, letting out a soft sigh. "I will. Don't worry about me, worry more about yourselves. I'll leave early tomorrow morning, so I'll say goodbye to all of you as I go. This meeting is dismissed." One by one, they shuffled out of the door. Kiyoshi stopped before he moved under the doorway, looking down at the floor. "What is it, Kiyoshi?"

"I just...thank you for this opportunity to be clan head, it shows that you trust me, and I appreciate that. I won't let you down."

"Of course I trust you, Kiyoshi. You're my uncle and the closest person to a father I have left. Now go, I've got work to finish. I'll see you in the morning." Kiyoshi obeyed, leaving and shutting the door softly behind him. Daraku placed his elbows on the table, resting his head in his hands. It was already near sunset, and the sky was a brilliant orange color. He stared out of the window, wondering what would lie ahead on his journey in the Land of Waves. His eyelids fluttered a bit, and he could feel himself fading, losing consciousness and settling into a nap for some much needed rest.

[Exit, Thread Closed]

Training:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.