You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sabotage [seven bells/ mission open] Empty Sabotage [seven bells/ mission open] Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:28 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
The fourth day of the war and Zanto was beaten stabbed and cut up, but he was not down. He was ready to keep fighting. This was his first mission on his own. He didn’t have his sensei’s support. All Zanto felt was excitement. His mission was to infiltrate enemy lines and sabotage there artillery capabilities. The bolt throwers were his main target. If he could destroy and cripple those it would severely cripple their defenses creating a path for the final push against the seven bells.
‘Going in head on would be foolish. So I have to sneak in from the side and I’ll have to be more careful this time sense I am on my own.’ Zanto thought.
Zanto didn’t have much equipment with him. All he had was his broken Katana, but he never needed that much equipment thanks to his ability to use the void however he pleased.
‘All I have to do is get close… Then the rest will fall into place.’ Zanto thought.
Even though Zanto was on his own he wasn’t worried. As long as he stick’s to the shadows and keeps a low profile then he should be able to get this job done with little to no problems. Or so he thought.
He began to head towards the seven bells base of operations late in the evening to start his mission. He wanted it to be nice and dark when he got there to help conceal his movements.  He took his time getting there being extra careful not to leave behind a trail and to keep an out for scouts. He didn’t want his first solo mission to be a failure. It would look terrible on him. It wasn’t in Zanto’s nature to fail. One way or another he would see this mission through to the end.
He stayed hidden in the thicker parts of the forest hopping along the tree branches.  He was slow and carful making sure not to overlook the slightest detail.
Eventually he made it to the Seven bells base and it was well after dark. His excitement was getting to him he had to calm down.  He slowly inhaled the cold night air and exhaled steam trying to slow his heart rate. He needed to remain focus and calm. A lot was riding on this. The success of this mission could save a lot of lives failure was not an option. He remained hidden in the tree line observing his surroundings try to find the best avenue of approach. He used his Eye of the void jutsu to increase his scouting range. The black sphere was easy to hide in the darkness allowing him to have more freedom to move his jutsu.
The whole place was crawling with guards and people on standby to use the bolt launchers. Zanto sat there trying to find a Pattern in the guards’ movements or even one that might fall asleep. All he needed was one opening and he could slip in undetected.  

WC 503/2500

2Sabotage [seven bells/ mission open] Empty Re: Sabotage [seven bells/ mission open] Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
After staring at the guards for what seemed like hour Zanto finally found an opening in their patrol.
‘I have a fifteen second window to get in. Once I get past them I can begin sabotaging the artillery.’ Zanto pondered to himself. He crept closer and closer till he was right at the berm and ducked down low and waited for his opening. He waited patiently for his chance and when it finally presented itself he leaped over the berm and quick snuck behind the patrol and ducked behind several clay pots. Zanto sat behind them and waited once again. He noticed a black substance leaking from one of the clay pots.
‘What is this stuff?’ Zanto wondered.
He ran his fingers over his and inspected the substance. He smelled it a little and he instantly knew what it was.
‘Coal oil.’ Zanto concluded.
‘Pretty smart defense. If they are launching bolts of fire at the enemy it would make them think twice before attacking.’ Zanto thought
The Seven bells have thought of almost everything, but a bolt of fire isn’t exactly an effective delivery system, unless it was meant for something else. Regardless what is was for Zanto had an idea to use this for his own use. If he can douse the war machines with this stuff and create a trail then he can set them all aflame and escape during the chaos. The only tricky part is not getting caught in the process.
‘So I have to make sure the launcher itself goes up in flames otherwise they could save it. I need to destroy at least seven of them to make the hole big enough to fit the troops in. I can more than likely engulf the puts in my null spheres and transport them that way, but I think it will take at least two pots each to make sure that they can’t save it plus another seven pots to make the trail. So I need 21 pots of coal oil to take them all out.’ Zanto thought.
He quickly counted the number of pots in front of them. There were only eight, but there were eight pots next to every bolt launcher.
He summoned his null spheres and started to work. He molded his null spheres into a bucket like shapes and poured the coal oil into them. He made sure that he placed all of the pots back where he found them to keep suspicions low. He then moved his null spheres above the bolt launcher and began to pour the coal oil all over the launcher. He decided to go big and used all but one jar on the bolt launcher. He saw the patrol walking his way and he hid himself behind the jars. Everything he did could be undone if the patrol noticed their bolt launcher was covered in coal oil. He watched them closely and thankfully they walked right past the launcher. Zanto sighed with relief as He took the spare pot and made a trail to the second bolt launcher.
He got started and began to pour the coal oil into the null spheres when they patrol started to turn around and head back.
‘Damn it this wasn’t part of the patrol why are they changing it now?’ He thought.
He reacted quickly and used his void cloak jutsu and hid the null spheres behind the bolt launcher. As rotten luck would have it they stopped right in front of Zanto

WC 1086/ 2500

3Sabotage [seven bells/ mission open] Empty Re: Sabotage [seven bells/ mission open] Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:46 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
Zanto’s heart skipped a beat as the patrol stood right in front of him. He held his breath not daring to breathe while they stood in front of him making small talk.
‘Blast my rotten luck.’ Zanto thought.
He sat there and he softly started to breath shallow. He was literally inches away from them. He stool perfectly still, but he was ready to strike if he were to be discovered.  The tension could be sliced with the knife. It was taking to long for them to leave and Zanto considered striking and killing them both, but if he did then he would risk everything. What was he going to do? He had to fight every fiber in his being not to attack. The mission was more important than his bloodlust, but all the patrol had to do was take one step forward and it was over.
His patience did pay off. The patrol walked away and continued their duties. Zanto exhaled slowly with relief.  He continued to wait until the patrols were far enough away so he may continue without being detected.
He lifted his null spheres and poured the coal oil all over the bolt launcher.
‘This is getting tense. I need to get this done before the next patrol comes. I got lucky this time but I can’t take the chance.’ Zanto thought.
He managed to get all of the bolt launchers without any other patrols coming close to him. Seven bolt launchers were covered in coal oil and the trail was set he was ready to set the fire. He only had one problem. He had no fire or any means to start one.
‘Damn it I don’t have any fire or the means to make fire. Its times like this I curse the day Yami infected me with the powers of the Void. Not having any elements can really limit my operations.’ Zanto thought.
Now Zanto had a big problem to solve. He had to get fire without alerting anyone. It seemed like his only option was to take a torch from one of the walls, but if he took a torch it would expose his position and he would have to make a hasty escape. So what was he going to do?
‘Maybe If I spilled the rest of the coal oil everywhere the blazing inferno could cover my escape. I almost sure they will still send people to capture me, but it shouldn’t be anything I can’t handle. Then again they would probably expect to find an entire squad or two so they will come out in force. Damn it this complicates things.’ Zanto thought.
Right now he had seven bolt launchers covered in oil and ready for burning and he needs fire. If he takes the fire he would be exposed and they would come after him.  Then Zanto had an idea that just might work.
‘If I surround the fire with a null sphere it would conceal its light, and it would also give me a good head start to escape.’ Zanto thought.
He had a plan and he hoped it would work. This would be the biggest risk he would take to date. He is all alone out here in enemy territory and he was about to do something that could get him captured or killed.
‘Well risk big win big.’ Zanto thought.
Before he would set off his master plan he moved to the first bolt launcher. It was closer to the tree line and Zanto would feel a lot safer if he had some cover rather than running in an open field. H reshaped his null sphere and moved it closer to the torch on the wall. He wrapped the sphere around the torch to conceal it light and brought it to himself.  He had the null sphere hover right above the coal oil trail he made. Everything was in place and ready.
‘Alright I’ll move as far away as I can get then drop the torch once the coal oil is ignited I will make a dash for the tree line. Once there I will make a mad dash back to base and give my report. Easy day. I hope.’ Zanto thought.
He was excited he was going to complete his first solo mission without any difficulties. He dropped the torch and the flames immediately engulfed the first bolt launcher. Then it made its way to the second, the third, fourth, fifth, six, and the seventh bolt launcher. His plan worked all the launchers were engulfed in an inferno. Even If they managed to get the fires out right now those launchers would be useless. He made a mad dash to the tree line to get out of sight as soon as possible. He could hear the Chaos in the back ground. He heard the patrols screaming to get water and put those fires out and find the ninjas who did this. Zanto chuckled to himself as he continued to listen to the chaos.
‘Zanto 4 seven bells 0’ Zanto thought.
He made it into the forest and Zanto thought he was in the clear, until he came a crossed a squad of ninja’s.
‘Damn I thought I got away clean.’ Zanto thought.
He wasn’t spotted at first. Right now there was no time to adjust strategies he had to hit hard and fast. He created two Void grenades in his hands and charged at the squad. He threw both grenades in the middle of them.  After the initial blast Zanto shaped his null spheres into spikes and then used his chaos charge jutsu and slammed into the ninja in the center.  He drove his null spheres into the other two ninja killing them instantly. The third once staggered backwards giving Zanto the chance to impale him with his null spikes.
He didn’t wait to confirm the kill he just continued to run back to home base as fast as he could. He ran through the forest at top speed using every last bit of energy he could spare to make him move faster. He didn’t want to risk anything he had to get out of the enemy’s territory especially now that they were looking for him. It was way too dangerous to stay. He ran until his muscles screamed at him. He ran until his veins were about to explode, and then he ran some more. Adrenaline was gushing through his system giving him a massive reserve of energy. It wasn’t long until he finally made it back to the base. At that point he was breathing hard. Every gasp of air he took was painful. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest. He even felt his veins expand and contract as his heart forced blood through his system, but he wasn’t out of danger yet. Not until he was safely in the walls. He came to the gate and checked in with the sentries guarding it. He was allowed through with no problem but before he filed his report he allowed himself to catch his breath. He crept behind a building out of sight. He tried his best to slow his breathing, but the adrenaline was still pumping through him. His body wouldn’t stop shaking. This feeling was strange to him. He never had to do anything with such high stakes.
He loved the feeling. He has never felt exhilarated so alive. He leaned against the wall breathing heavily and then he started to chuckle and then he was bursting out laughing.
‘Wow… What a feeling… I have never felt so alive.’ Zanto thought.
Eventually he came down from his high. His breathing became steady and his heart began to slow down. Zanto was then gripped with a euphoric sensation. He sat down and leaned against the wall. He was enjoying every last moment of this sensation he was having and then he felt tired.
‘I really should give that report to the command.’ Zanto thought.
He inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly and stood back up. His legs were trembling from the high speed running he had to do.
‘And afterwards I am going to get something to eat. I am pretty hungry now that I think about it and then some well-deserved rest.’ Zanto thought.
He walked over to the commander’s tent. He gave his full report to the commanders and left after he answered all of their questions.
‘Come to think of it. What I really want right now. Is an Ice cold beer.’ Zanto thought.

WC 2511/2500
Exit thread

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.