Misoka

D-rank
It's gotta be
Faster
Stronger
Louder
Harder
A better version of me.

She hadn’t been here in years. Funny how her own hometown, the village she was born and raised in, could feel like a stranger to her sometimes. Every step she took was accompanied by a soft crunching sound, almost inaudible, as the sand kept whispering beneath her feet. Her eyes took in her surroundings fleetingly, comparing the place to the one she had in mind.
It didn’t surprise her in the slightest that some things would differ from the mental picture she had taken years ago. The world was turning and changing continuously. No power on earth could stop the hands of time, may it be for the better or worse. So why would she even try to step back? All she could do was moving forward.
Since the sandy arena seemed to be empty as for now anyway, Misoka didn’t bother to choose a spot in the corner as she would have usually done. It always left a rather uncomfortable feeling in her stomach whenever someone would become witness of her mistakes or cock an eyebrow at the way she was training. After all, there was still a terrible lot she had to learn alongside a terrible lot she wanted to be. Better at taijutsu, better chakra control, faster movements. She could go on and on in her mind. And she knew perfectly well that none of her wishes would be granted freely. Instead, she had to do something, take matters into her own two hands and train - to complete exhaustion if that was necessary to improve herself at a faster pace.
Time was a luxury she couldn’t afford.

Misoka started out with simple warm up although she would have loved to skip that part and get on to the more difficult stuff. Still, she knew the benefits of such exercises were impossible to be denied, especially concerning the taijutsu training she was planning to do next. A warmed muscle both contracted more forcefully and relaxed more quickly, every shinobi was aware of that.
So after bending her knees and stretching her arms, she began to run a few laps, four or five maybe.

Training Taijutsu C -> B || 372/2000

https://www.youtube.com/user/KanameXSisters?feature=mhee

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
On and on.

She was finished with the warm up barely ten minutes later, and decided to continue with the more useful taijutsu exercises.
'How to start?,' she pondered for a moment, playing with a loose strand, which would stubbornly escape the elastic band she had used to tie her hair back. 'Ah, I know.' Swiftly, she took the gloves out of her shorts' pocket and tugged them on, taking a deep breath afterwards. Let the real training begin.
First, Misoka would occupy herself with the few targets set up in the arena.
Focusing chakra into her fists before every punch she directed at them, she wanted to find out how far she could go. How much chakra was she able to mold for that purpose? How much did it affect the strength of her hits? She started checking off an imaginary list in her mind, asking herself questions whose answers could be deemed important for her training.
After fifteen minutes or so, she chose to give the poor targets a break rather than herself as she already went on running another five laps in the arena. One could never have enough stamina.
By the third lap, however, Misoka changed her mind and began to focus on her speed, thus picking up pace and trying to reach her limits.
Especially her taijutsu style, karate, required strong and well-directed punches while not so much relying on kicks, and moreover, she needed to execute her techniques fast and with little effort.

Training Taijutsu C->B || 622/2000

Akuma

Akuma

D-rank
Kami Akuma knew that his body was capable of extraordinary feats. But what he truly wanted, was to be able to add power to those extraordinary feats. Akuma is extremely fast, but his taijutsu is below par for his own expectations. Kami believes that he should be a taijutsu primary type of shinobi but, then again, ninjutsu comes to Kami as if it was second nature to him. Akuma was born with the ability to mold chakra at his will with ease, but he still believes that his body is where the gold stays hidden. Kami began his day like every other day, running laps around the village of Sunagakure. Kami is a young shinobi but a lot of people around the village know the kid because of the vast distance he travels in his morning runs. Day by day, the same routine was always in order. Kami Akuma felt like today was a perfect day for a change of scenery, Akuma decided to go to a place where he can train with someone else, he thought that another body will surely get his body to the fittest shape in the fastest time. The Sandy Arena became Akumas destination, and he only hoped to see someone there in order to truly train as god intended. . . . Not alone. Kamis taijutsu training mostly if not, nearly always consisted of a speed – style of training. Kami did not want to change this small aspect of his training scheme, although he needed to change it a little bit once in a blue moon to not make him weaker than his counterparts. Kami decided to run to the Sandy Arena with 25 lbs. weights both on his wrist and on his ankles, and if one would have thought that was enough, they would have been wrong since Kami Akuma also held weights that weighed up to 40 lbs. on his waist. This was a true testament to the strength and resilience of the Akuma families will to train.

Kami Akuma ran with more than half of his very own body weight in this extremely hot sunagakure day under the extraordinarily bright land hidden in the winds sun, sweating and still wearing his long sleeved sweater, but still Akuma was sustaining himself and rather looked like he can keep up with the long run and harsh training. The day was still young and Akuma was very much already beginning to feel the effects of his training, he was getting tired but in his training mode, the second wind is always caught when needed. When Akuma got to the Sandy Arena he seen who was training inside. It was the beautiful Misoka Karisuma. Kami seen that she was in a state of “training – mode” herself and Akuma couldn’t help but want to join into the fun. It was a perfect opportunity to get to know Misoka better after all, since they did do a few missions together already. Kami got prepared as he began removing all of his training equipment, IE the weights on his wrist, ankle and waist. Kami Akuma first stretched, knowing that this training was about to get serious, he knew he didn’t want to catch a cramp at the wrong moment. Misoka still didn’t notice Akuma, so Akuma decided to greet his good friend first by appearing by the side of her training space. Travelling at his top speed and getting there in a mere instant Akuma said, “Why hello Misoka. I see that you are training hard. May I join? I feel like I need some work on my taijutsu skills.”

Taijutsu C -> B 602/2000

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
“Akuma Kami?” Misoka slithered to a halt when she suddenly found herself face to face with the small boy she had met the other day. How could she have not heard him coming? Apparently, he hadn’t lost any of his speed.
She took another moment to wipe the surprised look off her face. “Oh, you startled me.”
With a small smile she then answered his question,”Sure, go ahead and join me.”
Now that she was thinking about it, she didn’t mind Kami’s presence after all. They had already done a couple of missions together so he wasn’t a stranger to her anymore. He wouldn’t look down upon her, he was simply the smart and fast kid she had come to know, always searching for a chance to better himself.
Her glowing eyes fell on the weights around Kami’s arms as recognition flitted across her face. “I see you have started your training already. What are you practising? Wait, tell me about it while we’re running another lap.”
She let out a faint chuckle before continuing her run, nodding to the boy once so he would follow her. He would certainly not have any problems catching up to her.

Training Taijutsu C-> B 828/2000

Akuma

Akuma

D-rank
It was nice seeing Misoka again. She is the first ninja outside of his family that he has ever became acquainted too. Having an eidetic memory, Akuma knows those missions and moments they spent together are never going to be forgotten. As soon as Misoka commented on Kamis training he quickly smiled and lifted his arms as to show the weights, and then his feet to show the ankle weights. Akuma then began to speak when he showed Misoka the weights on his waist, he answered her question. “Well I’m train. . .” before he got to finish, Misoka giggled a little and began to run. Kami couldn’t lie, it was a cute maneuver by the kunoichi. Kami knew that her beauty was certainly able to stun any man in battle and in glorious moments, even females will be caught. Kami knew what he had to do, so he began to follow Misoka. Getting on her side, he began to speak. “Kind of rude not to let me speak. [Akuma looked over at Misoka as they ran and although he wanted to keep a straight face because he was serious, he couldn’t help but give a faint smile because of her beauty and make it look like it was a small joke] Still, I am practicing on my taijutsu abilities. Mostly speed, like always, but today I want to focus on strength when I get the chance.” Akuma then seen an area in the Sandy Arena where an obstacle course was set up. This was a perfect place to run through in order to keep talking. For payback on cutting him in the middle of his speech, Akuma said. “Try keeping up.” And began to run toward the obstacle course. Of course Akuma wasn’t running his fastest, nor was he trying to really escape Misoka, but he was going to make it a training session and thus hard for her to catch up.

Kami began by running through some rings that were positioned, hanging by ropes. These rings were put up for shinobis to train on their balance when on the air. The next set in the obstacle course was a whole bunch of tires that were positioned on the ground and the shinobi was supposed to move their feet as quickly as possible in order to run accros while also stepping within the wholes. This was all hard work but Akuma knew that Misoka was behind him, so he began to speak. “So Miso. We can also spar if you would like that. I have no prejudice when it comes to training. I will surely do anything that will make me a better shinobi.” Akuma looked back at Misoka and let her run ahead, this time he wanted her to run in front and lead the obstacle course in order for him to catch up. Kami also said, “Not to seem cocky Misoka, but I am faster than you. So how about we play a game to get you faster. It’s called cat and mouse!” Akuma quickly accelerated and began to run a bit faster in order to catch up to Misoka.

Taijutsu C->B 1125/2000

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
An obstacle course? She hadn’t really thought about doing it as she wasn’t too sure how it could help her with her training. Then again... why not?
Immediately after pointing to said area, Kami picked up pace and dashed forward. Misoka blinked a few times, resisting the urge to shake her head in amazement. It was quite impressing that a boy his age already possessed such speed that it could be considered Chunin level. So... he wanted to challenge her to an obstacle run? An amused smile spread across her lips. How cute of him.
Then she accelerated as well, staying close behind him, but soon realized she would have to try a bit harder to catch up to him, let alone outrun the boy.
They both got past the first obstacle with ease whereas the next one posed more of a challenge to Misoka. She had to maintain her concentration throughout the exercise in order to avoid becoming caught up in all the wires. Just who had thought of setting up something like that? Pretty unusual, but it did require a great deal of light-footedness, she had to admit.
“So Miso. We can also spar if you would like that. I have no prejudice when it comes to training. I will surely do anything that will make me a better shinobi.” Kami looked back at her, slowing down ever so slightly whilst talking to her.
She knew she should wipe that grin off her face, she knew she shouldn’t treat him like a child no matter his biological age – and still, she just couldn’t help it at that moment.
“Asking someone of a higher rank for a spar?” Misoka smiled, running to Kami’s side. “Your ambitiousness is adorable.” With a small giggle, she proceeded to pinch his cheek gently before listening to his following words.  
“Cat and mouse? Alright, I’m up for it!” She let out another laugh and would then increase her speed, sprinting past him towards the next obstacles in line, which were all fairly easy. First, she had to jump over three hurdles – a piece of cake, how she thought to herself a tad smugly. The hurdles were followed by two broad ramps, about three feet wide by eight feet long, that had been hinged together and raised so that they were roughly forming an A-shape together. That kind of barrier seemed almost out of place, at least not really suited for a shinobi obstacle course, since all you had to do was run up and down the ramps. When she set foot on the A-frame, however, she noticed that it was strewn with shurikens, leaving only few spots where you could safely step on.
Misoka managed to succeed in getting past that obstacle without any accidents, but she had still lost a bit of her initial speed.
‘Oh well, now Kami is certainly going to catch up to me,’ she lamented in her mind, risking a glance over her shoulder. 'But I can still try and evade him.'
A smirk played upon her lips as she prepared for ducking away from the little boy’s outstretched hands.

Training Taijutsu C-> B 1359/2000

Akuma

Akuma

D-rank
Akuma ran with Misoka and it didn’t take her long to catch up to Kami and play her “cute - girl” card as she pinched Akumas cheek. Kami wasn’t one to “play” that and let her get away with it, so he turned his head slightly after saying “cat and mouse” and bit her hand softly. Misoka then laughed at the event, giggling again as she always does. This was Akumas first time flirting, with a girl being that he is so young and was always a lot more focused in his shinobi life than his personal life, but this time Akuma is not to blame since this girl possesses supernatural beauty and charm. Still this is a time to train and Kami snapped out of it quickly after seeing that Misoka began to speed up a bit more. Akuma is not ready to lose a foot – race with anybody, even if it was training. The obstacle was fairly easy to begin with, as it started off with three hurdles. Kami Akuma jumped these hurdles with flair as he used his special characteristic of flexibility to do some acrobatic maneuvers in order to get over the set obstacle. They were so easy that the last hurdle was jumped by Akuma, while he did a few back – flips and landing them near flawlessly. Suddenly, ramps were seem up ahead, and Misoka was still keeping her pace running and not slowing down for anything. There are two broad ramps that are about 3 – 4 feet wide and 6 – 8 feet long. They didn’t seem like much of an obstacle course and they were shaped like a large pyramid that can resemble a capital a ( A - shape ). It appeared that the ramps had a simple goal, and the goal was just to run up and down the ramp, which actually sounded a lot easier than it should be for a shinobi obstacle course. The A – shaped ramps seemed too easy to be true so a keen eye while observing led Akuma to see that the ramp was rigged with traps to set of shurikens. Apparently, Misoka noticed too as she hesitated a little bit before and while running through the ramps. This slowing – down was surely going to be the end of this chase as Akuma picked up a little more speed when he seen this weak spot. Akuma ran as fast as he could, reaching elite speed, just to catch up to this girl and finally have her chase him. As Kami neared her, he seen her beautiful face begin to smirk a little bit while her body posture appeared slumped down as if she was ready to duck. So Akuma did the most logical thing that he could think of while calculating all of the best possible ways that he can tag her successfully, and only one way came to mind, and that is to tag her in her “center of body” which happened to be right on her tailbone.

Akuma ran so fast that he tried to make sure not to give Misoka a chance to duck. Even if she did, he would have tagged her around her neck, if she didn’t duck, then Akuma almost caught het near her butt as he tagged her deep on her lower back. Kami smiled as he looked back and said, “Hahaa I’m sorry about that Misoka.” He then accelerated and said. “Still . . . You are the cat now!” Kami ran and began to see the obstacle course ahead. It appeared harder than then first set, since Akuma had to swim, climb, jump and break through a wall apparently speaking. Kami was able to see the obstacle ahead and it did not appear easy. But he still wasn’t going to lose, so he just had to dive right into the obstacle course, and that is meant quite literally. Kami began swimming in a small artificial lake that Sunagakure placed here for training purposes and the lake was surely a half a mile swim for the very least. This got Akuma tired half way, so what he did was he climbed out of the water and Water walked his way out after he got a certain distance while swimming. Akuma then was forced to climb a mountain like artificial building, something else placed here for training purposes and Akuma thought twice on this one and he wanted to win no matter what it took. . . plus he already “cheated once” by running on water, so he used the tree climbing technique in order to climb the mountain and skip the climbing aspect of the training. Akuma smiled at the fact that Misoka must be having a ball seeing Kami “cheat” in this manner, but if she was to ask at the end, he would simply tell her that it is a life lesson, “in the real world there is no rules.” Now Akuma reached the 4th station of the second obstacle course and it was a repetition of the first since it had hurdle and the two shinobis were forced to jump. Although they looked like the same hurdles, these looked a lot higher than the last ones, twice as high to be exact and Akuma wasn’t even able to flair on these ones as he had to actually try and jump his highest to get over them. After all of this, Akuma was confronted by a wall. This was surely where Akuma was going to be slowed down, since this was in need of strength rather than speed. So Akuma ran as fast as he can and gave the wall a hard punch, it surely cracked it but it didn’t break. Akuma then continued to punch and surely enough, the wall wasn’t breaking. The wall had the strength of a Jounin shinobi and here Akuma can surely see that Misoka is going to catch up.

Taijutsu C->B 2000/2000
Taijutsu B->A 113/3000

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
It was no use: No matter how she moved, Kami would still catch her. His speed was his number one strength, she had already figured that much, and the boy sure knew how to achieve his goals with that advantage. Clever, indeed.
“Haha, I’m sorry about that. Still... you are the cat now!” the kid wasted no time in calling out to her, accelerating mid-sentence and rushing past her. She chuckled lightly to herself, a partly amused, partly determined expression flitting across her features. So she was the cat? Not for long.
The next discipline appeared to be swimming – and that through an artificial lake, specifically set up for training purposes. Misoka suppressed a sigh as she was not too keen on getting her clothes soaked, but seeing that there were still a lot of obstacles to come, she would certainly warm herself up soon enough. So be it then.
Taking one last deep breath, she jumped into the water head on. The moisture enveloped her body with its cold and damp fingers and Misoka couldn’t help but curse whoever had decided to slip in a swimming discipline. She broke the surface as soon as she had the chance to and started doing the crawl, swiftly following the boy Kami in hopes of outpacing him.
Just then, the young shinobi would all of a sudden leap out of the water and channel chakra to his feet so he could cover the remaining distance to the “shore” by simply running along the surface.
“Oh, you cheater,” Misoka grumbled in a low voice although she had to admit she was having the same idea. And now that Kami was the first one to cheat, it was only fair for her to mimic his actions.
Here goes. She propped herself up by focusing chakra into her elbow for the few seconds she needed and got out of the water in order to continue sprinting atop it. Kami was still a couple of meters ahead of her much to her displeasure, but this didn’t seem to be such a surprise when she saw him cheating a second time. Instead of climbing the artificial mountain which served as their next obstacle, he used the chakra in his feet again to keep running – up and down in that case.
Misoka almost allowed herself to pout like a little child at the way Kami would constantly avoid any exercises which could slow him down.
‘Hah, not that I can’t do this as well,’ she thought to herself in a defiant manner, picking up pace and “climbing” the mountain just like the boy did. Next, there was another set of hurdles to jump over and then came the more interesting part: a thick stone wall one had to break through.
This was the point where Kami was losing time. He gave the wall a punch, causing it only to crack, though. Very well. Misoka rushed forward, finally catching up to him. With one hand, she patted the boy’s shoulder, saying “Oh, too bad. Let’s change roles again.” and with her other hand clenched into a chakra-engulfed fist, she broke through the wall in front of them.
Moving on to extend her lead, she could see that the obstacle course was slowly reaching its end. There were only two disciplines left: a sandy area speckled with shurikens which was obviously supposed to make people practise their long jumps and – oh, what a surprise – another simple hurdle.
Misoka prepared for the long jump, keeping a small amount of chakra in her feet in order to push herself off the ground more forcefully. That way, she mastered the exercise with ease. Now the last hurdle. She accelerated, hoping to make it to the end before Kami did. By the looks of it, however, the boy threatened to catch up to her again. Most probably they would both complete the obstacle course at the exact same time.

Training Taijutsu C->B 2000/2000
Training 52 w.

Akuma

Akuma

D-rank
Akuma seen as Misoka was broke through the wall. They both raced to end the obstacle course and Akuma seen a trap and a few hurdles ahead. The trap was less of a trap and more of a long jump training equipment, and Akuma knew exactly what to do in order to survive the training. Using his wind elemental chakra, Akuma was able to run his fastest, jump and slightly manipulate the air around his body in order to get a further distance in the jump. The long jump was passed with ease and as Akuma seen Misoka a small distance ahead, he decided to catch up to her so that they can finish at the same time. He said that he will never lose, but he also never wanted to win. The draw is what Akuma seaked and as long as they both trained, then they both won in his book.

Taijutsu B->A 265/3000

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.