You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kagome~

Kagome~

D-rank
From all around, gusts of wind that had been hardened by the chill that hung in the air tore at Kagome's silken, gleaming terracotta and midnight blue jacket. Muscles rippling, the young kunoichi barely suppressed a full out shiver, she found herself wandering about the training grounds of Kumogakure, her home, as restlessness overtook her. It was so long since she had found herself with free time....now that she did it was hard to figure out what to do or who to visit first. Leaning against the base of a near by tree, a sigh left her lips as she turned her cerulean pools of sight towards the darkened sky.

Coruscating droplets of crystalline liquid clung to the swinging branches of the weaping willow tree, with every flourish more and more were released into the watery depths of the minuscule pond below. They were each individually welcomed, as the water molecules below accepted them graciously. yet there was a disturbance, a distorted reflection on the rather iridescent surface...for portrayed on the water which had mirror reminiscent qualities-resulting from it's clarity-was a serene, pulchritudinous Genin. Yet in reality, beneath the petite femme's lovely composure, uncertainty immersed her entire being with apprehension and concern.

Yamamoto Kagome felt terribly unfortunate, for it appeared as though while all her clanmate's thrived, she was alone in the world. With no parents or moral support it was quite understanding. Kumogakure was truly an exceedingly promising place to call one's abode, especially if your clan was once a symbol of great respect and a reliable source to the people of Kumo....nevertheless it seemed as though the rapturous she kunoichi could not find a way to belong just yet. Or, at least, that is what she thought.

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Splash.

The sound of Bokuden’s boots splashing in the puddles as he trudged through the rain stricken village, umbrella in hand, was all that could be heard over the torrential downpour that was being cast down upon Kumogakure that day. It was truly miserable weather. There were very few that could benefit from this kind of weather and the citizens of the Village Hidden in the Clouds were apparently not among those people. The black storm clouds that had rolled over the village, blanketing the sky in a foreboding veil, had brought practically all productivity in the Hidden Cloud Village to a halt. The smoldering coals of the Skyforge were silent, the mountains void of the clangs and roars of the smithy’s furnace. The Battle Plateau was all but abandoned, the normally jovial and fierce competition that burned like an inferno atop the training grounds decidedly absent in the wake of the roaring skies. Bokuden never spent much time frequenting the Skybar or the Akako Dojo, but passing by those establishments on his way around the village in this storm it was clear to see that business was… slow at best. Even the standby station was empty. Not that it was ever a lively area considering that only the most elite of shinobi in the village had clearance, but one would imagine that jounin would not be affected by a little rain. Apparently however, Bokuden had given his fellow Kumogakure shinobi too much credit as that was clearly not the case.

It seemed as though Bokuden was the only one in all of Kumogakure that did not quake in fear of the thunder’s roar. No, instead he found solace where others had found only fear. This solitude that the storm imposed upon the village as most fled to their homes was, to Bokuden, comforting in a way. In such a large village it often proved to be more than a challenge to find peace, the kind of peace that Bokuden longed for. Here beneath the weeping skies he found all of his troubles, all of his worries and regrets, washed away, if only for a moment.

A moment was about right as the rain seemed to dissipate almost immediately once that thought went through Bokuden’s head. “So much for that,” Bokuden mused to himself as he exhaled a disappointed sigh, “I guess the fun is over.” It was not until the rain had subsided that Bokuden came across another person. He was surprised that there was anyone else out here during the storm. That would have been the only explanation for her being outside so quickly after the rain had stopped… or at least the most likely explanation. Maybe the girl just got restless in her house, but that was none of his concern as he began to pass her by beneath the tree. Just as he was about to tie up and put away his umbrella Bokuden felt a strong gust run through the area, violently shaking the branches above the and no doubt loosening a violent downpour of water from the canopy. Without thinking twice he would swiftly reopen his umbrella, but rather than use it to cover himself he tilted it over to shield the young woman to his right. He immediately regretted his decision to walk under the tree as cold water flowed out of his soaked hair and off of his drenched coat, but turning his gaze to the girl next to him and seeing her unaffected by that little downpour did cheer him up a bit. “You should probably head home until the storm blows over,” Bokuden would say sternly as he retracted his umbrella and ran his free hand back through his hair to push out some of the water, “If you end up like me you might catch a cold.”

Training Katon C>B: 642/6000

Kagome~

Kagome~

D-rank
Flicking her gaze upward as thunder rolled ominously overhead, Kagome watched silently as lighting burst across the heavens, a jagged white scar cutting through the smooth ashen expanse of the sky. Not giving it any thought it it caused a smile to play across her lips, she continued on with her peaceful gaze. Well, that is until a violent shiver wracked her whole frame and the massive tree towering above her. She just knew that she would become soaked in moisture the moment she shut her the thin veil that were her lids. However such an occurene did not happen, and instead she was surprised to be standing face to face with a young man, with an umbrella over her warm sepia toned head than his own.

“You should probably head home until the storm blows over,” Bokuden would say sternly as he retracted his umbrella and ran his free hand back through his hair to push out some of the water, “If you end up like me you might catch a cold.” Nonchalance and ease could almost literally be seen, gleaming all over Bokuden's muscular yet rather slender physique-some might even claim his atramentous lamination was so silken, due to his confidence. such was not the case, because despite the minor flare of arrogance that was embedded in his disposition, Kagome still found the gesture to be rather...sweet and thoughtful.

The inexplicably beautiful small and thin kunoichi lifted a single brow at his comment but still could not help but to allow a small smile like smirk to grace her lips. "Well I an truly grateful for the concern, however I was planing to get wet anyway. Wondering if the rain would enhance my suiton as I trained out here with those targets over there.. Although I was not expecting it to stop so soon." It was times like this she wished she were much taller..but really, what could she do about it? Bokuden's sheer height made her feel smaller than she already was.

Slipping gracefully away from the willow's base to observe his drenched frame Kagome cocked her head to the side in the slightest fashion as she took on a more crestfallen expression. "Furthermore, I hope you do not catch a cold. Especially with the weather being as complicated as it was. Sunshine one minute and sudden downpour the next. Luckily for him the sun seemed to be trying to peek out from behind the dark ashen clouds, warming the area. "Were you planning on training here as well?" Why else would he be here, so close to the training grounds? That was the only plausible answer Kagome could think of.

774 // 1500 Suiton training D < C

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Throwing one more glance over in the direction of the bronze toned kunoichi Bokuden could make out a distinct and curious facial expression in response to his previous action. She cocked an eyebrow at him, appearing almost skeptical of Bokuden before allowing her lips to curl into a slight smile. "Well I am truly grateful for the concern, however I was planning to get wet anyway,” the kunoichi began as she offered her response to Bokuden’s previous comment, “Wondering if the rain would enhance my suiton as I trained out here with those targets over there. Although I was not expecting it to stop so soon."

The girl’s words beckoned the rest of Bokuden to follow his eyes and turn to face her. From both the Kumogakure plate sitting on her waist and the fact that she spoke of training suiton it was a simple task to discern that the small woman in front of him was a kunoichi of the Hidden Cloud Village. Small seemed a more than appropriate word to describe the girl before him, but not abnormally so. Height wise she seemed more or less of average height, although Bokuden was not the most appropriate judge of relative height. He stood well over most in a crowd and honestly, after years of looking down to speak to people face to face you stop trying to differentiate between heights unless they are clearly out of the ordinary. A quick visual scan would allow Bokuden to place her appearance safely into almost a textbook definition of pretty and petite. She was teetering on the edge of being too pretty and too petite to be a shinobi in his mind, but that was just baseless speculation. Years in the field were enough to teach him never to judge power or skill based on appearances.

Before Bokuden could open his mouth to reply to her previous statements the kunoichi stepped away from the tree and around front of him. With a slightly concerned look on her face the bronze skinned girl tilted her head to the side before continuing, “Furthermore, I hope you do not catch a cold. Were you planning on training here as well?”

Bokuden could not help but feel a spark of amusement upon hearing her words, although he expressed it in nothing more than a smirk and an amused huff. Looking up once more he would lock eyes with the strange young woman before him, her azure eyes almost mirroring the color of his own. “Please, don’t concern yourself with me,” he spoke as he began making his way past the girl, “I’m more than capable of taking care of myself. This isn’t my first thunderstorm. Also, about using the rain to aid in your suiton training… I find that while increasing the amount of available water may make it easier to perform larger scale suiton jutsu by reducing the amount of water you yourself must create, it does little as far as aiding in your control of the element. In fact, exerting too much energy in trying to gather and manipulate scattered water from the environment before you are ready will often create bad habits when molding suiton chakra, wasting chakra, and doing more harm than good in the long run. At least that is what I have gathered from my experience with the element. You’re free to ignore my advice completely if you so choose.” He would adjust his coat and finally get around to closing his umbrella before continuing, “I apologize if I interrupted your training, please excuse my intrusion. I’ll take my leave now.”

Training Katon C>B: 1250/6000

Kagome~

Kagome~

D-rank
“Please, don’t concern yourself with me,” he murmured, her own Caribbean blue visionaries locked upon his own. “I’m more than capable of taking care of myself. This isn’t my first thunderstorm. Also, about using the rain to aid in your suiton training… I find that while increasing the amount of available water may make it easier to perform larger scale suiton jutsu by reducing the amount of water you yourself must create, it does little as far as aiding in your control of the element. In fact, exerting too much energy in trying to gather and manipulate scattered water from the environment before you are ready will often create bad habits when molding suiton chakra, wasting chakra, and doing more harm than good in the long run. At least that is what I have gathered from my experience with the element. You’re free to ignore my advice completely if you so choose.” As Kagome listened to Bokuden's response to her own articulation, the caramel pigmented adolescent barely suppressed a apprehensive expression. Most fortunately the words that succeeded the more experienced ninja's original reply were good ones, ones that brought relief.

]"I never quite thought of it that way." Ensconcing an emanation of appeasement, Kagome nodded carefully in a rather composed manner, as she found what Bokuden spoke agreeable. The feeling was mutual; neither of them seemed to bother the other, and the space was voluminous enough for the both of them. Despite the fact he was being polite and considerate Kagome truly did harbor interest and inquisitiveness when it came to the young shinobi's constructive critacism and advice. In a way it was like getting a free lesson. A luxuary that many had, and one that she did not.

Once he adjust his coat and finally got around to closing his umbrella he continued on. “I apologize if I interrupted your training, please excuse my intrusion. I’ll take my leave now.” Pulled from her thoughts of gratitude by the allure of his voice fading nearby, the kunoichi nodded gravely to the higher ranking individual. as he had began to take his leave. And it was thanks to him that she noticed the error in her judgement with manipulating the water release element. Now she had a much clearer insight of how to control the element effectively. Her way would have definately been the more difficult path leading into a major complication but it was still definitely something to smooth over and work on. Hopefully Bokuden was not disappointed by her slightly amateur miscalculation of elemental suiton training. "Thank you....um..I never quite caught your name. My name is Yamamoto Kagome." Truth be told she really did not want to see him go. It had been such a long time since she had spoken with anyone. It was nice to have company, even if it was breif.

1259 // 1500 Suiton training D < C

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
"Thank you....um..I never quite caught your name. My name is Yamamoto Kagome."

Bokuden found his intended departure interrupted by a soft voice cutting through the rain scented air, beckoning him turn around to face it. In most normal cases Bokuden would likely not have even bothered to turn around to face the source of those words, instead just returning a wave of acknowledgement with his free hand. This instance however, for whatever reason, was not most normal cases. It was a strange way to respond to someone that was clearly on their way, at least in his mind. In the world of shinobi where secrecy and anonymity were ways of life, such novelty expressions of politeness were seldom heard of and even more rarely experienced. It was… pleasant to be treated as a normal civilian for a change, although it was not something he intended to make a habit out of.

He would be lying though, if he said that it was purely the friendly gesture or a pretty face he was interested in, pretty faces were a dime a dozen. What really caught his attention about the azure eyed girl’s statement was the surname that she used. “Yamamoto?” he mused to himself, instantly recognizing the clan from which that name comes. Just about any shinobi in the village would be able to recognize that name to be honest. The Yamamoto clan and their kekkei genkai had been staples of Kumogakure’s military might for centuries. Their numbers had dwindled precipitously in recent years, but their name remained a stone column in the village’s history, immovable and unyielding to the tides of time.

“That’s quite the illustrious surname you bare,” Bokuden would say as he turned to face her once more, “Kagome was it? That explains why you are out here training your suiton. You’re trying to better control it so that you can master your storm release, no? It’s a rare enough ability nowadays. They say there used to be a time where a day couldn’t go by that you didn’t see a ranton jutsu or two, but even I can only say I’ve seen it a couple of times in my entire life.” He would then turn his whole body to face her rather than just turning his head back before offering the young woman before him a confident smile and continuing, “It’s really quite a sight to behold on top of being powerful. You must be quite proud of your Storm release. It’s elegance, beauty, and strength all in one, but I’m sure that me saying it to you must be bordering on redundancy. It’s said that jutsu are a reflection of their user. Do you think that holds true with you as well? It wouldn’t be so hard to believe.” Bokuden stopped speaking for a moment as he approached Kagome once again, maintaining the same confident smirk as he offered the palm of his hand for a formal introduction, “I apologize if what I’m saying sounds like nonsense to you, I usually don’t speak this much. Maybe the rain has made me more personable today. My name is Bokuden by the way. It’s a pleasure to meet you Kagome.” He of course intentionally left out his surname, as he often did, and hoped that it would be a minor detail that they could just breeze past without revisiting. There were a hundred reasons Bokuden did not willingly give out his clan name, of which he was willing to speak about none.

Training Katon C>B: 1853/6000

Kagome~

Kagome~

D-rank
Articulated with a warm emanation of nonchalance to display that she was neither upset over Bokuden's lengthy comment, nor bothered with him now for expressing his views upon her clan and their infamous storm release. Kagome had always been prone to being far more judicious and level headed than most of her age and she found the converstaion about her ancestors to be quite enlightening. A sad but true fact about the Yamamoto clan, was as their numbers dwindled and became sparse so did the member's knowledge of their rich history. Kagome hardly knew much of her surname's accomplishments despite the fact that they were widely known by just about all of Kumogakure and even beyond their borders.

"Well, I am not one to gloat, but I suppose I do take pride in calling the storm release ability my own. Although there are many other techniques that could either match or surpass my ranton in beauty, strength and grace." Immediately a wistful expression grew on her delicately detailed facial features, her eyes soft as she mentally and breifly mulled over the thought of one's jutsu being a sort of representation for oneself. And almost as if on cue she nodded in agreement. But of course she was not thinking of herself as agreed upon his statement, that would make her seem...concieted as most would say. But ah, Kagome had no notion of just how beautiful she really was, nor the natural grace and elegance she was bequethed with.

Kagome was so definitely not your typical young woman, simply because she did not fit any of the stereotypes whether it be tomboy, girly-girl, or anything in between. The diminutive easygoing female was simply Kagome, angelic, honest, faithful Kagome who only desired to train and prosper, and live up to her parent's nearly dead legacy.

"Oh no, no, I do not think what you are saying is nonsense at all.. In fact I was thinking quite the opposite." With her soft, melodic voice ringing faintly like the most airy of bells Kagome politely took his hand as he offered his palm. "Bokuden...." She repeated, testing out the name for herself. It had a sort of regal air to it and easily rolled off the tongue. "The pleasure is mine, you have a lovely name." As observent as she was Kagome noticed that he left out his own surname, but did not press the issue. One was entitled to privacy after all.

1690 // 1500 Suiton training D < C || 190 // 2000 Suiton training C < B

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Kagome seemed to try and object to Bokuden’s insinuation of his words simply being nonsensical rambling; a point that Bokuden agreed with, but was not one to impose his ideas onto others. His hand twitched ever so slightly feeling the sensation of her wind chilled fingers press against the warmth of his palm as she accepted his hand in return. Even through the layer of cold that blanketed her hand Bokuden could feel the softness of her skin as it came in contact with his. The contrast between Kagome’s hands and his own was starkly obvious. While well cared for and maintained, not surprisingly given Bokuden’s own dedication to his grooming, Bokuden’s hands showed distinct signs of work and use. The palm he extended bore the callouses of a lifetime of kenjutsu training, his fingers those of countless hours of weaving hand signs and performing ninjutsu. He wasn’t sure these were even something that someone without great experience in those fields could tell immediately, but it was almost embarrassing to compare how small and dainty her hand seemed compared to his.

He let the thought pass from his mind as she returned his greeting politely, prompting him finish his introduction in kind.  Using his hand as a platform he would raise hers up to about his chest level before leaning down to kiss her hand. It was a bit of an outdated gesture, but one still found appropriate to use when greeting a woman respectfully. Because the gesture was so seldom seen however, he did it at a bit slower pace than normal as to not alarm Kagome. Bowing his head he would then tap his lips against her bronzen knuckles for the briefest of moments and straighten himself up once again, locking eyes with her and offering her his same confident smirk as he let her hand down gently.

Looking back over the training ground they were standing in Bokuden’s thoughts would immediately return to her reason for being out here. “If this comes off as presumptuous I apologize, but I can’t help but wonder…” he began inquisitively, returning his gaze to Kagome with a spark of curiosity in his eye, “From what I can tell just from what you’ve told me so far you don’t seem to be tremendously experienced with manipulating your elements, at least not suiton. Surely that also carries over and effects your ranton for which suiton manipulation is required, no? The fact that you are able to consciously acknowledge the areas in which you need work and that you took the initiative to train yourself to correct them are both excellent but… perhaps you shouldn’t be trying to train without guidance in areas in which you are less then acquainted with. Enthusiasm is a good quality, but in too great an abundance can do more harm than good.” Bokuden would fold his arms across his chest and raise an eyebrow at Kagome before continuing, “Perhaps it would be more prudent to seek out someone who can help you attain your goals. Maybe a more advanced ranton user or even a friend or peer whom excels in using the suiton element? As much as it is a part of our everyday lives as shinobi, people seem to take for granted the power which we draw upon to perform our abilities. Chakra is in itself a dangerous power source to be manipulating without proper guidance, making no mention of the volatility of the elements themselves. I’d prefer you took the safe route to developing your powers. You injuring yourself by possibly getting too gung ho in regards to training and overexerting yourself is not something I can say that I’d like to think about.”

Training Katon C>B: 2483/6000

Kagome~

Kagome~

D-rank
Kagome's breathtaking aureate glazed, jade pigmented luminaries widened and softly she inhaled a swift breath as her chilled hand came in contact with his. Bokuden's hand was warm, strong, and inviting. She would have kept her hand there if she could. It was nothing like the cold inducing feature that gripped her hands. At one point she had thought to pull her hand away, for fear of the uncomfortable chill she had just plagued him with. However such a fleeting thought exited her mind once Bokuden's gesture were complete.

A rhythmic chuckle that radiated from within her fine rib cage emanated through the lovely contours of her mouth as Kagome studied the slightly older shinobi with a fair amount of surprise and shimmering amazement. Momentarily the flesh around her cheeks became scarlet in response, and there it remained for a few moments more. She would surely embarrass herself if she did not manage to keep her thoughts to herself. A kiss upon her hand had been the last thing she were expecting from the well mannered and charming young man. Yet, it was a gesture that she could definitely appreciate, considering since such greetings did not come often nowadays.

After he released her hand from it's warm embrace and drew her attention towards the training grounds, the Yamamoto's azure optics glanced over the field briefly before allowing it to return to the man before her. "Yes, you are definitely right. I did have intentions of solely training myself without seeking any help." She had mentally promised that never would she seek the assistance of foreign people, rather it be inside or outside the village, especially since Kagome was naturally inclined to place complete confidence in her abilities. Because whenever she had asked the answer had always been the same. A sharp, detached, void of all emotion...no. She understood that they were only looking out for the seemingly frail porcelain doll who wished to be a ninja. However, sympathy with no cooperation would not guide her towards her goals. Yet somehow, the elegant café du lait kunoichi managed to find someone willing to give her advice on the subject. And with that she decided to test the waters of the situation.

"But, regardless of that I suppose I really should seek out a teacher of some sort. again. Kagome thought exasperatedly, but kept that little tidbit of information to herself. Although, I was wondering...Before I do so, could you perhaps show me what you meant earlier about the Suiton element? She added with that same angelic smile from before, head slightly tilted to one side as she spoke. Kagome was a visual learner, and she simply would like to see if he could give her a brief demonstration before he took his leave. If she were lucky she may be granted with another trick or two.[/color]

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Bokuden would let out an amused huff and smirk at Kagome’s request for a demonstration, finding the roundabout way of asking for assistance endearing. He would place both his hands akimbo to his waist before locking eyes with the young kunoichi and providing his answer, “You know,” he began warmly, putting forth his best effort to be comforting with his words, “It’s cute and all that you are being shy about asking for assistance, but you don’t have to try and plant the seeds first. If you’d like me to help you with your training all you need to do is ask me directly. You don’t have to be hesitant about talking to me. Despite the pronounced canine teeth I don’t bite, I promise.” He would pause for a moment as he walked towards and then past Kagome, eventually stopping as he stood shoulder to shoulder with her. Turning his head to look at her Bokuden would offer a confident smirk before speaking in an almost teasing manner, “But yes, I can help with a demonstration of the principles I was speaking about before. How could I say no to a face like that?”

He would then take a few more steps forward and inspect the training area which she wanted to use. Nothing really stood out of the ordinary. The field was large and well-spaced, allowing for techniques to be used and even sparring matches to be held without worrying about collateral damage or unwanted obstacles inhibiting their actions. A few targets were set up in the distance, but they were of little consequence to Bokuden as they would not be playing a part in the training he would be offering Kagome. There was a distinct lack of any structures, rock formations, or anything of the sort that could be used as cover or platforms to stand on, much to Bokuden’s chagrin. He was a firm believer in replicating realism in your training and that meant learning to use the environment in your favor. However, with the lack of any such environmental factors in the vicinity that lesson would be unable to be taught that day. The only things in the area that could be used in that way were the scattered trees, but they were too scattered to provide any sort of cover.  The single one behind him under which he shielded Kagome from the rain would have to suffice for his purposes.

“You said you wanted more water present, right? That is why you planned on training in the rain?” Bokuden began as he turned his body just enough to look back at Kagome from over his shoulder, “Well, I can make that possible, but first I am going to need you to get up into that tree behind us. The ground won’t be a safe place in a moment.” He would wait until she complied and retreated to the safety of the tree’s branches before doing anything else. Once satisfied that Kagome was safely out of the reach of his jutsu Bokuden would weave the necessary hand signs and activate his Exploding Water Shock Wave jutsu.  Bokuden would bring forth enormous quantities of water, enough to completely submerge the field in which he stood, erupting skyward in the form of tidal waves. He would take care not to allow any of the waves to travel in the direction of the tree in which he had instructed Kagome to seek refuge as they came crashing downward, crushing anything caught in their wake. When the waters settled Bokuden would appear standing atop the surface, focusing chakra into his feet in order to maintain his position. “This enough water?” he would call out playfully to Kagome as he motioned with his hand for her to come down from the tree and over to him.

Training Katon C>B: 3128/6000

Chakra: 330/350:

Kagome~

Kagome~

D-rank
Her own sweet smile eventually twisted in the slightest to match the playful smirk that Bokuden wore upon his smooth features. In which she teasingly replied. "Being cute?" Another laugh threatened to erupt from her mouth, however she somehow managed to hold back. That was not exactly the effect I was going for. And believe it or not that was as straightforward as I can get. But I am sorry if it sound like I was beating around the bush. I will be sure to work on that okay?" Ending her sentence with a wink she was delighted to hear that he would in fact be giving her a demonstration.

But then her facial expression took a sudden turn as he mentioned that she should take shelter within the tree she had been standing underneath just moments ago. Lifting a single eyebrow curiously upward she parted her jaws to ask why but Bokuden had answered the hypothetical question before she could even manage to form the words with her lips. So, he plans on bringing more water here? How will he manage to do that? She thought silently to herself, and as she searched for an answer only trivial things to mind. regardless she did as she were told and gracefully leapt into the tree, onto a limb just a few feet above her head. Then just as a precautionary measure she jumped to the next highest branch, feeling it bob and weave just a little underneath her weight.

From there, in her crouched position, Kagome watched on as the experienced shinobi weaved a few swift hand signs but never stated the name of the jutsu he intended on using. Narrowing her Caribbean watered visionaries to catch a closer look at what would happen next, one could say that Kagome was rather impressed with the large flowing tidal wave that did not hesitate to swamp the battle field with overflowing, crystal clear liquid. A soundless wow formed around the contours of her mouth whilst watching the sea of water gradually calm to a slow rippling movement. Upon seeing his gesture to coax her out of the tree the kounoichi in training gingerly jumped from her current position to land beside him. A look of awe still present within her luminescent gaze.

Keeping a steady amount of chakra enveloped around the base of her feet she stood with ease in response to his earlier playful remark about the presence of water available. "I think this water level will just have to do." She murmured in mock dissatisfaction although the apparent happy glimmer on her face proved that she was more that satisfied with his efforts. After all, it never takes much to make her happy. "No, but in all honesty this is great. Thank you." She voiced sincerely before continuing on, her gaze locked upon the watery expanse. "So, where should we begin? Kagome shot him a questionable gaze that reflected both patience and and eagerness to learn.

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Kagome would gracefully leap down from the tree at Bokuden’s behest, her soft landing creating a rippling formation in the water below rather than a splash as she took a place beside him. She stood atop the water’s surface with no issue, much to Bokuden’s delight. It let him know that she was at least competent in both chakra control and jutsu casting, meaning she wasn’t some amateur fresh out of the Academy whose hand he would need to hold throughout the entire training session. The look of surprise on her face after seeing him perform his jutsu made it clear that her skills were still at beginner levels, but as long as he didn’t have to start completely from scratch with her that was an easy thing to work around. It wasn’t like he was going to ask her to perform Jounin level jutsu anyway, he needed to see the extent of her skills for himself before he would ever ask that of Kagome.

"I think this water level will just have to do," Kagome answered, speaking in a feigned displeasure which was quickly dispelled by the faint glimmer of joy which adorned her face, "No, but in all honesty this is great. Thank you. So, where should we begin?” Kagome’s politeness and eagerness to learn brought a smile to Bokuden’s face. There was a distinct endearing quality about Kagome that made Bokuden want to help her. After the horrible frustration of dealing with the last students he had attempted to instruct Kagome’s pleasantness was a welcome change. Now he just needed to think of a first test to give her to accurately get a measure for her current skill level.

“You’re very much welcome,” Bokuden said to her with a smile, “It’s my pleasure and honor to have the opportunity to assist a charming young kunoichi such as yourself. I should be the one thanking you for having me, really.” He would turn his gaze back over the submerged field for a moment before folding his arms in front of his chest, his right hand balled into a loose fist with a single knuckle rested against his chin. “Now where to begin?” he pondered for a moment before coming up with the answer he sought, “Ah, I know. We’ll start with you.” He would smile at her once more before unfolding his arms and leaping backwards, putting a good amount of distance between he and Kagome in a single bound. “There is something I need to see before we can go any further,” he would say from across the water, his skilled landing barely making so much as a slight disturbance in the pool beneath his feet, “You said you were here to train your suiton and asked for some advice, but I can’t really tell you what you need to be able to do if I don’t know what you are capable of now. Once I have a good grasp on your current skill level I will be better able to advise and teach you on the subject, so show me what you can do. You can feel free to use me as a target for your jutsu if you wish. I kind of submerged the targets that were here that you planned on using with my jutsu, so the least I can do is take their place. Don’t worry about hurting me either, I can handle anything you can throw at me. Promise.”

Rather than take a combat ready stance as he awaited Kagome’s next course of action Bokuden simply stood upright and folded his arms. There was no reason for him to take a fighting stance as he had no intention of fighting back. He was merely gauging Kagome’s skill in their line of work.

Training Katon C>B: 3775/6000

Kagome~

Kagome~

D-rank
Smirking teasingly she took the lead, long and elegant legs moving quickly and gracefully with her feet just barely brushing the ground with each step as she strode a little ways past her. "The feeling is mutual, you are the first teacher I have ever had." To anyone watching from afar Kagome knew this might come across as flirting to some people but it was not. The youthful, lovely kunoichi had a certain lack of interest in ever settling down with a man much like the domesticated lives of the villagers she swore to protect. And Bokuden was much older than she was.

No, she might be using her charm to try and win him over, but that was in only in order to gain an upperhand during their little mock battle. There were only so many shinobi in the land if Kumo who did not look down upon her for youth and fragile nature. Plus, he seemed nice and that was a good change. Not that everyone else was mean, but they all seemed to treat her like a kid, when really she was mature for her age and quite skilled.

"Okay, just let me know when you have seen enough. so I know when to stop." Despite how she spoke, their was a way to the style that she spoke that showed her under current of discomfort. For a moment she allowed herself to focus and meditate as he jumped away from her, worried that she may stuble and faulter she attempted to eradicate the negative thoughts from her mind. The beautiful, dainty kunoichi was not used to having to make a strong impression of discipline. 

Narrowing her lovely caribbean eyes, she shifted her upright position slightly just before weaving a few hand signs and unleashed a very fine, yet dense mist like fog to the already watery playing feild. She hoped this technique would obstruct Bokuden's line of vision but only time would tell. From there she shot forward trying to keep her steps as light as possible whilst approching her target in which she weaved another string of signs to preform a simple water trumpet jutsu holding hand up to her mouth to spew a jet stream of liquid, hoping that the move would hit it's mark.

130/150:

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Seemingly prepared to engage Bokuden head on Kagome altered her stance, no longer standing straight up but instead bending at the knees slightly in order to take on a more athletic position that would promote and enable mobility. The moment she took on that stance Bokuden knew the sparring match was on, her movements were a dead giveaway. His eyes would immediately shift down to her hand movements as she begun weaving hand signs right in front of him, a smirk curling upon his lips as he took note of each sign she made.  “So it’s the Hidden Mist jutsu then, huh?” he mused to himself, immediately recognizing the jutsu she was preparing, “It’s always interesting to have your own jutsu used against you.” He probably could have just saved her the trouble and told her that the Hidden Mist jutsu is particularly ineffective against him due to his kekkei genkai, but that was probably something he was better off keeping to himself. Her ability to analyze and adapt to the situation would be a test in itself. After all, he couldn’t base this purely on her combat ability. It would be unfair for him to expect her to actually be able to fight on par with him, but her approach could still be solid.

As a stream of mist was rapidly expelled by the kunoichi Bokuden simply activated his kekkei genkai, enabling him to track her movements perfectly, nullifying any advantage the mist might have given her. He would immediately focus his attention on his opponent, taking note of and analyzing every minute detail of each nerve impulse and electrical synapse firing off in her body as she readied herself for combat. Bokuden took a single step back with his right foot as Kagome darted towards him, using the mist as cover for her movements, although there was nothing that could hide her from his jutsu. Even the hand signs she formed while hidden in the mist were given away by the nerve impulses which directed her hand movements while performing the signs. Just from the hand signs alone he could tell it wasn’t a jutsu in his arsenal, but the fact that she was a Yamamoto meant that he already had knowledge of her elemental affinities. The fact that he did not sense any raiton chakra being molded meant that she was neither using raiton nor ranton ninjutsu, leaving only suiton or non-aligned chakra as the options for her next jutsu. With those two options off the table the threat of the next jutsu to Bokuden was severely diminished, but that didn’t mean he was going to stand there and let it hit him.

Before allowing Kagome to complete her jutsu Bokuden would showcase his speed under the cover of the mist, moving swiftly and silently to a position just a few meters behind Kagome’s location. After allowing her to complete whatever jutsu it was she had prepared he would dash behind her and hold a kunai pressed gently against her throat, not hard enough to cut skin, but definitely enough to send a message. “Don’t move, just listen,” he said coldly, “It is dangerous to use a jutsu without thinking about the consequences should it fail. You are a kunoichi and the reality is that to lose a fight in our line of work results in harsher penalties than simply not getting paid for a mission. If I were a real enemy your mistake would have led to your own death. There is a drawback to using a displacement technique like the Hidden Mist jutsu. Without a way to locate and track a target in the mist you leave yourself vulnerable to the effects of your own strategy, especially against someone who is capable of doing just that, someone like me. Simply knowing how to perform a jutsu is not enough. If you wish to become truly strong you must learn how to use a jutsu. The two things are not the same.” With that last sentence Bokuden would remove the blade from her throat and instead place his free hand on the small girl’s head and ruffle her hair a bit, his voice picking up into a much warmer tone as he continued “Consider that lesson number one Kagome. I apologize if I may have frightened you, but know that I never speak or act without reason. You’re old enough now that you should be aware of the reality of our profession. I’m not an instructor at the academy, nor are you a child that needs to be coddled. If you’re okay with this then we can continue. If not, you are free to leave at any time. I won’t think any less of you if you feel that this is too intense for you, it is for most. There is more than one path to attain strength. I offer you mine. That is, should you prove yourself worthy”

Training Katon C>B: 4611/6000

Kagome~

Kagome~

D-rank
Concern lit within Yamamoto Kagome as she noticed that despite her ardent attention, her lovely Caribbean eyes had lost sight of Bokuden. Not only that but her attack had completely missed it's target considering the sound of water splashing freely into the liquid ground below. The dainty little femme had been keeping an eye on the other shinobi, but she seemed to have slightly misinterpreted her movements and tracking. But how...? He should gave been right here, I'm sure if it. What did I do wrong? Not giving it a second thought she rapidly began to seek out another plan of action, mentally weighing her options and then revising them.

However, before she could place any of them into effect her delicate skin came in contact with cold, ashen colored metal. Upon immediate reaction and instinct her hand snaked down towards the pocket resting against her thigh, ready to pull out her own weapon. Although she stopped midway once his voice met her ears. Blinking in surprise at being addressed with such ferocity Kagome knew not to ever hold this against Bokuden. It was obvious that the pangs of fear and agonizing defeat that she was experiencing was all part of his lesson. His voice was no longer the warm gentle one she had grown acusstomed to within the past few minutes, but a fridged, near edgey tone that could raise hairs and make spines tingle.

A mere scintillation of surprise flickered within Kagome's lovely cerulean optics, but the kunoichi felt no disapprobation about Bokuden's life changing lesson. Of course the young woman was taken off guard, by the sincere appology and furthermore the lighthearted tussle of her caramle colored hair, but she actually quite liked that about him, he was blunt and honest with just the right amount of playfulness to lighten any situation. "I'm pretty sure I can handle anything you decide to throw at me. There may be many paths to obtain strenght but your path seems to suit me. Even if I am shown a few life or death situations through your teachings." A hint of whimsical sarcasm had slipped into her articulation, but the lighthearted smile that played across her ethereal features showed that it was her own way of apologizing for her own stumble and forgiving him for starteling her. Revolving around to face the handsome young man she extended one finger and poked him square in the chest lightly with a new goal in mind. "I vow to catch up to you one day."

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Bokuden raised an eyebrow at the small kunoichi’s calm and playful reaction after he had finished speaking. It was curious to say the least for any person, let alone such a dainty and feminine looking kunoichi to have a blade pressed against their throat and be told that their actions could have resulted in their death to be so calm and lighthearted. As he bronzen finger pressed softly against the center of his chest Bokuden would calmly slide his drawn kunai back into its appropriate compartment on the side of his right leg. Before she removed her finger from his chest he would himself place his index and middle fingers together and gently pressed them against the center of her forehead, tilting her head back with a smile as he nudged her back.

“Now, now, we’re getting ahead of ourselves aren’t we Kagome?” Bokuden would say in a playfully snarky tone as he retracted his hand, “You say that my path suits you, but I don’t recall ever making any commitments to taking you on as my student for any prolonged period of time. I never said that this lesson today was anything more than an isolated occurrence, did I?” He would then place his right hand akimbo to his hip as he demonstratively waved his finger back and forth, clearly making a “no” gesture. “I’ve got to tell you Kagome,” he began playfully in a sarcastic tone, turning around and taking a few steps away, “Despite you saying that you can handle anything I throw your way, I’m not so sure I believe that claim. To be honest, a couple of life or death situations really aren’t that big of a concern of mine. I have no intention of killing you, nor would I ever put you in a situation in your training where you would be in real danger of death that I could not control to make sure you are safe. Well, at least not until I felt that you were ready.”

His tone would become distinctly more serious as he continued, turning to face her once again with a stern expression on his face, “However, there comes a point where instruction, no matter how skilled the teacher or sound the method, is not enough. Hard work is not always enough to close the gap in power between yourself and those you would call your enemy. It is the unfortunate reality that we all have to live with, especially in our line of work. There will always be someone stronger, always an obstacle too great to hurdle. What separates the average shinobi from the great shinobi is that one of those groups spends their lives running and hiding, seeking only to prolong the inevitable day that they encounter that opponent too powerful to defeat or that mission to difficult to complete, while the other pushes forward and faces those challenges unflinchingly and finds a way even when every strand of reason within them tells them there is none. I expect nothing short of the latter from myself and will expect as much from any person that I deem worthy of my tutelage. A pretty face and a nice demeanor, endearing as they are, will not be enough to accomplish this end. I have seen more pretty faces and nice people fall victim to this world of ours than I care to recall. I have no desire to be responsible for the addition of another name to that list.”

Training Katon C>B: 5199/4800

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.