You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Empty Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:36 am

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
Arena:

Hanbei looked exhausted, after all he had been put through when it came to these exams, he was just about ready to give up, he had fought and hurt too many people, but, it seemed that with his last fight, things really were getting harder. She had avoided his needles to the point that he had run our of ammunition, and had to rely on his close range capabilities. Reflecting on that fight was something he had to to in the future, it was only by sheer chance that he had managed to keep on top of her and deal her enough damage that it would slowly take its toll for the rest of the fight. The arena he stood in now was wide, and was based around what seemed to be a statue of an old forgotten Kage.

Hanbei liked the architecture, the broken sandstone carving was to be admired but it wasn't enough to raise his spirits. He had never heard of the Sotsuji clan before, but at this point he had done a little digging about her from the people who had been watching the battles, rumour had it she was a strong Taijutsu/ Katon user, which, reminded him a lot of his last fight, though the girl he had fought before had used her hair as a medium for her jutsu, which had caught Hanbei off guard. He didn't like being surprise ,and he had only just gotten out of the infirmary from one set of burns, and he was not looking forward to another. When his opponent came out of the other side of the arena, she would see the young girlish boy standing atop the head of the broken statue, and would call down to her.

Do we have to fight, I don't think I can take hurting another person I don't know anymore. None of the people I've fought have deserved to be hurt the way that they did, all they wanted was to become better... but... I... Just surrender... please?

Hanbei spoke softly, not wanting this to continue any further than it needed to, if she simply just surrendered, they could move to the next round without the need for bloodshed and pain, but, that's all the ninja world seemed to be to Hanbei, the image of the girl in the first round crossed his mind again, her rag dolling along the ground, causing him to clench his fists, he had stayed with her in the infirmary for hours ensuring she was okay, but now was potentially the time he might have to do it again. The way she moved when she hit the ground sickened Hanbei to his stomach, and remembering turned his skin a shade wider, the young boy obviously experiencing signs of light trauma from the event.

Though taking a needle and for one of the very rare times revealing one of his hands, touched the tip of it to several parts of his forehead and down one of his arms, used self remedying acupuncture to relieve the stress on his body and calm his nerves before the announcer began the battle. He had potentially revealed his secret, though by now the young ninjas tactics were almost certainly known to the other contender unless her ears had been dead to the world around the chuunin exams. Should she not accept his surrender offer, Hanbei would have a sorrowful look cross his face, as he would bow to her. Sliding eight needles into his hands.

Hanbei was a reactionary fighter, he only had enough physical needles for five volleys at his opponent, and he would only use them this time when the opportunity knocked, rather than falling for the technique his opponent had used in the midst of the last fight with her doppelgänger technique. It had taken the Genin by surprise, something he doubted he would fall for again in the near future, this arena was well lit with the sun on the horizon and moving down in the distance, shadows cast by it were long enough that they could be well seen unless you were in the shade of the objects around. Hanbei had his snipers perch...

It looked like it was going to be another tough fight...

2Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Empty Re: Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:46 am

Tenmei

Tenmei

D-rank
That last battle.....It had not been easy....

The roaring of the crowds as they applauded her simple brutality, the muffled moans and groans of the young female as she was carried away by the medical ninja who would soon try and heal the large red welts and blistering skin. Evidence of the Sotsuji member's touch. Even the stillness of the pillars after they had settled back in to their original form, buried in the ground was enough to set the young Genin on edge.
Yet still, she waited for those few fleeting moments, giving the masses a look at their twisted vision of a glorified hero before turning around and following the medics to the first aid room. There, she would leave the aloe cream beside her to help with the burn recovery and sneak out before anyone realized that she too needed help.
How she felt, how much blood she had lost; none of it mattered to the Genin. Tenmei would escape back to the privacy of her room before the hate they secretly held in their hearts, transferred to their eyes and followed her home to her dreams.

Dreams. Such powerful things.

It had been a long time since she one of those dreams.
His lap was warmer than the fire that heated the room with it's golden dancing glow. However not even that compared to the welcoming warmth of his smile. She was three years old again, looking down at her favourite book with innocent eyes and attentive ears, willing to listen as if this was the first time she was hearing the dramaticly romantic tale.  The young child reached out her hands to touch the delicately colourful papers but he had pulled her back, knowing that one touch of her curious fingers would reduce her favourite story to cinders. So he would flip the page and read the words in a way that would leave the naive mind hanging on every syllable. It was these moments that she lived for. The just reward for all hard work they had done together. The thing that made all of this worth it.

"Daddy....finish the story" she had begged him, pulling at the material that covered his torso, wanting to know what happened to the sleeping princess on the page.
 "I'm sorry my little candle. Someone is knocking at the door"
 "But I don't hear anything....."

-------------

"Go....away"

Three times she had yelled to the persistent knocking at her door and still it continued on to beat at her headache in occasional intervals.
There was a moment there when she thought it had stopped. The noise had ceased, silence over came the throbbing and she eased her hands off her ears...only to hear the soft clicking of the lock as it snapped opened. The next thing she knew, footsteps gave way to the shaking over her shoulder and a soft voice that urged her to awaken.    But when she did, last thing the Genin expected to see when she opened her eyes bleary silver eyes was the young male ninja who seemed to have spent more time searching for her than doing the bidding of the Kage like he should have. This was the sole reason why Tenmei didn't kick him out when he helped her in to a seating position, being careful not to touch the exposed skin of her shoulders. For some odd reason, she had warmed to the friendly Jounin that helped her find her way to every match so far.

"Your next battle is up. I will be looking forward to seeing how you go against Hanbei Guanyin. Good luck"

Fifteen minutes later and Tenmei would be following him out the door, heading to the arena for the second last time of the exams. And though it was probably a false hope, the young female prayed that this opponent would surrender and not put up a fight like the others.
It had already been a long week and the cries of surrender, the feeling of a person's life slip away under her finger tips. To say it was taking it's till was a clear understatement of what she was going through.
She could only imagine how the other person was feeling.

----------------------

When she had first walked in to the previous arenas, Tenmei was blown away by the scenery. The way the garden was perfectly maintained with their flourishing trees and pristine waters. The hauntingly beautiful trees as they reached up out of the ground towards the light sapphire sky. Even when the Genjutsu lifted and she was graced with the array of rainbows that danced from the spiked glass ceiling. None of it compared to the sheer size of the fallen, crumbling statue that lay abandoned on the ground like a unwanted memory. Tenmei could only imagine what it would have been like to see it standing in full form, towering over the measly city that reached towards it like a needy child. It almost seemed a crime to have a battle on such a relic, possibly destroying it further. If it wasn't for the fact that it was clear no one cared for the person this statue once represented, then she would have walked away.

Instead Tenmei walked up to the proctor and tilted her head towards the tiny figure, perched high on the ruins. Squinting through the sunlight that only added to the headache that was slowly returning.

Do we have to fight, I don't think I can take hurting another person I don't know anymore. None of the people I've fought have deserved to be hurt the way that they did, all they wanted was to become better... but... I... Just surrender... please?

That voice. Where have I?.....Oooh...

"I remember you" Tenmei had said after a moment of pondering through her creased, lightly tanned features.  "At the start of the first event. You spoke out to encourage the people to go for it. It was very brave. Admirable. I was happy to see that you made it through"
Yes. That was right. The slightly high pitched voice of the petite, almost child like Shinobi was something that stood out amongst the arrogant wailing of the others. Since then, she had kept an ear out of this most unusual Genin, hearing about how this person had used many needles to get through, effortlessly taking down his opponent one by one until he got this far. It seemed that this one would be her first 'actual' challenge. The first person that would really test her abilities.
And as much as she wanted to do as he said, as much as she wanted to end this fighting where it was.....Tenmei knew that he was watching along side her mentor. It didn't matter about the thousands of gathering, leering, cheering, audience and what they thought of the  nervous female. To see the disappointment in the eyes of the ones she fought for.....a needle to the heart would hurt less.

"I'm sorry. If it were that easy I would. But he is watching today and I wouldn't want to disappoint him now. But I can promise you this. If you forgive me then whatever happens today; I wont hold it against you. You have my word"

Not even Tenmei herself knew how sincere her words were.
She had already turned her attention to the proctor who lazily stated the same rules she had heard numerous times before. Repeating the words of the friendly Jounin she had met before.
"Fight fair. Good luck. Ready set go!"
It was like those words worked as trigger to her system. The moment the words passed through the elder Shinobi's list, Tenmei released the gates that bound her heat and allowed it to flow through her like a dam that had suddenly been dissolved. But then, no sooner had the heat wave clung to her skin like flowing material, she had jumped from her position and leaped up towards him, leaving nothing but a gritty sound cloud in her wake as she barreled toward him with the speed of a Chunin, aiming to reach him and land a solid punch to the gut in hopes to end this quickly. Tenmei had, had enough of this, though wishing was as pointless as creating ice in the desert.

You could try but it would never work.

Chakra: 135/150:

3Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Empty Re: Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:39 am

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
Hanbei's smile graced his face weakly as she complimented and remembered him from the speech he had given before having to move through the forest, Hanbei was brave when he had stood up to those who had planned to desert their heart's desires and leave the Chuunin exams behind, and though many had not made it across the desert of Sunagakure no Sato, they had tried and had long been recovered, using their ninja training there had been no deaths or missing due to their skills as ninja, but the weak had been culled and now that the fight had come down to the semi finals, Hanbei remembered his own words, it was remembering that speech that began to rebuild his fighting spirit.

Who am i to give up? It's my right to chose how I fight, and if i beat this opponent I'll get stronger, the stronger i get, the more people i can help, the more people i can help, the better a ninja I will be... I can't give up, i cant give in...~ "Im sorry too..."

Hanbei opened his eyes with a new conviction as her words left her mouth, Hanbei had asserted himself, he was going to win, become the greatest ninja he could, and with that, he would be able to be able to defeat anyone who hurt the people he loved and defend his village from any threat. That was something that was worth fighting for, something that was worth fighting her for."Don't worry, I understand..." He said softly as the fight seemed about to begin. Hanbei found himself moving backward as she leaped up to meet him, though he was not as fast at her he had obstacles he was able to throw in the way, flicking both of his hands toward his opponent's chest, each of them was thrown in such a way that they span as the black thin tubes flew through the air.

Each of them on impact would be able to penetrate her skin, should they connect with her rib cage, they would crack her bone, she had advanced speed, but her reaction speeds were probably no better than a genin, at least in Hanbei's mind, she was fast, but Hanbei's eyes and reaction times were just as fast, if not a little faster. After throwing the needles for her Hanbei would fall back and land on the sand out of her view with a two needles in each of his hands, looking directly up at where his opponent would come from should she follow in his direct slickstream, throwing the four needles straight up for her should she so much as poke her body out from the head of the statue.

Hanbei was playing the running game again, Activating one of the jutsu which he had not used in this competition yet, in fact, he hadn't used many of his non offensive jutsu in this entire competition.Wind would surround the Genin in such a way as it would create a haze around his movements, speeding him up in a pinch, but even more importantly, it would mask his motions and make his actions difficult to discern from visual stimuli alone. Hanbei's face was as stern and serious as the stone Kage in the centre of the arena. His plan would hopefully be similar to the one that he managed to hit his last opponent with, if he could so much as deal one direct hit with his needles, he would be able to stall out the fight enough so that she would not be able to recover the win.

He would be able to support his approach with medical skills, and if he needed to, close combat. Though he shuddered at the thought of being close to her, she was bigger, faster and stronger than he was, a combination of feats he did not want to have to deal with...

The fight had truly began.

Chakra 140:

Sun cycle turn 2

4Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Empty Re: Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:05 am

Tenmei

Tenmei

D-rank
The contrast was stunning. 

Pristine sapphire skies, so clear and pure like the serene water fall back in the gardens; where it met the crisp golden orange of the sand coloured ruins it looked like two words were reaching out to touch other and the only connection they had was the eight dark lines that sailed past the vibrant shades and straight towards her chest with a speed that could only be matched by her previous opponent. Thankfully, she had learned not to underestimate her opponents despite their size. 
  The moment Tenmei saw the needles coming towards her, she raised both her arms and crossed them over her delicate chest area, spinning slightly to the side presenting him with a thinner target while changing her trajectory in mid air. But by this time it was already too late....
The bare subtle pinch of needle entering skin was unmistakable, but the ebony haired female barely had a chance to react, as her feet hit the side of the statue, short of where she had originally intended to land, bent her knees and sprung back, landing on the sand in the shadows of the monolithic structure.

And that was when she looked down to see her arm. 
 "Sweet fucking Kage....shiiiiiiiiit."

She had dodged most of the needles, she had felt the cool metal sail past her skin and land in to the sand somewhere around her. But the others....one had impaled itself on the edge of her arm, cutting like butter through the soft tissue and the slightly hardened meat of her muscle. If she had not been tensing then it would have gone right through. Instead it was wedged in tight and starting to ache along with the back of her head. The second needle had hit the bony bit right at the end of her shoulder and fallen out when she landed, where as the third had just brushed edge of her radius bone.
All in all, Tenmei had got lucky this time. But her luck was sure to run out. He had an unknown amount of needles, a lot of chakra left and skills that surpassed every competitor she had faced until now. Needless to say the girl Shinobi had to be more cautious. Smarter. 

'Afraid? It's okay. Embrace it but don't let it over come you. 
Use it and you will be okay. Don't disappoint me now when you have come this far. My little candle'

Allowing her lungs to fill with determination, Tenmei gripped the first needle and yanked it out...fast and smoothly, biting her lip to surpress the whimper that threatened to escape her will. As soon as she had the second one, the Genin placed her scorching hand on the skin and sealed the wounds with a temporary cauterization. This battle was far from over.....
Though no sooner had she dropped the needles and kicked the sand over them, Tenmei noticed a blur speed out from the cover of the statue and disappear from her immediate sight around the edge of the arena before circling back around to her line of vision and disappearing again behind the obstacles of fallen glory. 
This was going to be a abit of a problem.....one that she needed to remedy fast. So Tenmei focused on the chakra around her third eye area until she could feel the warmth there like a build up of tears. Then, with a simple blink, the simple colours of the land changed in to the most brilliant array of yellows, oranges and blues. 

Now with this in effect, the blur of dust and grit became a slightly fuzzed moving patch of red's and oranges. A molten blend of tones that appeared dull compared to the further vibrancy of the rustic sand and the radiance of her own golden hue. And though, it wasn't enough to see the finer movements of his dexterous fingers and the subtle gestures with his delicate wrists, Tenmei knew his location even when he dashed behind the seemingly thick bits of rock. It was during when he was running around did a plan start to form in her mind.
  Slowly, she backed further in to the shadows of the fallen pieces of glory, hiding out of immediate sight with the dark material of her clothes and tanned skin only assisting with what she had planned. There, she crouched low in a readied position, her eyes always on the moving target. The second he got within her hole, she would kick in to the air, sending a wave of heat, rolling towards his direction. A heat that would hopefully sear off some of the layers of clothing and reveal his hands to her. 

Chakra 115/150:

5Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Empty Re: Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:39 am

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
Hanbei after a couple of moments in waiting for his opponent realised that she wasn't coming, Hanbei moved quickly to the top of the statues once again and could not see her, moments passed and Hanbei stepped one foot after the other as his wooden sandals made soft sounds against the limestone, clunking lightly after each step as he stalked after his opponent, his eyes studying the area, looking for where she had moved, looking for where she was before, Hanbei soon found her trail , moving off to the side, his eyes caught her footsteps in the sand, things finallt seemed to be going Hanbei's way, slipping out of his sandals with a simple motion without a sound he crept along the stone without a sound in his bare feet.

Tracing along the stone his eyes scanned where the recent footprints left, keeping above where he had discerned his opponent had moved. Though this was going to be one of the harder attacks he had ever pulled. Literally standing on the piece of rock her recent footprints had come to an end Hanbei took up a running start, focusing chakra into his hands and running toward her, having no idea that she was preparing some form of ability in the mean time, Hanbei Jumped high over her hiding place in a corkscrew motion as he flipped in the air, looking down upon where she would have been, and with his arms crossed against his chest, used one of his many Senbon techniques to multiply his needles, silhouetted by the sun in the sky.

The bright sun would hopefully blind his opponent to his motions combined with his jutsu as his needles multiplied in his hands, the bright shining needles as they extended between his fingers and thumbs would be almost invisible thanks to the rays of the sun, combined by the cloth shade of his sleeves. As he spun his momentum would carry his arms as he flung his first arm in a graceful arch, his upper arm swung, and his forearm in tow, then with but a flick of his wrist at the end of it four night black steel needles combined with four magnesium white needles made of chakra flung from his hand, as he was already in the process of mirroring it with the other.

The other set of four and four would let lose less than half a second later as Hanbei was then able to round off and complete his jump landing some almost eleven meters away from her, already taking to the fleet and reloading his needles under his sleeves as he began to run from his opponent, leaping back upward to the shoulder of the stone Kage, hoping that with his jutsu he would be fast enough to be able to escape her for a few more moments. He had scored her with some of his needles before, but her playing safe like this was giving Hanbei momentum in this fight, he was able to cait her with his needles, she had to reach him for her to be able to win, and the longer she wasn't trying to get him, the more of an advantage Hanbei had.

Hanbei was busy now thinking of his next move, he had his ace in the hole still yet to be used, though he was wondering if that was a good idea, it was about time to burn some of his more lethal jutsu, her arm had already been struck with one of his needles, short of it gliding through her skin like a shark through the water, but Hanbei remembered just how powerful the combination of that skill and Fuuton affinity were, the powerful speed chakra nature combined with the wide hitting jutsu, was something that bought back painful memories of the first fight which still scarred Hanbei's memory, if he had to use it, he would, but he would try and avoid it if at all possible.

6Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Empty Re: Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:57 am

Tenmei

Tenmei

D-rank
It reminded her of a cat, the way his sandals pit-patted against the stone of the figure as he searched for her while she was hidden in the shadows, unseen in the little nook where the once glorious monument had stood strong and proud. She thought it rather curious when he stopped to take his sandals off, exposing his dainty feet to the harsh heat of the sand. She assumed that it was to quieten the sound of his feet because she couldn't hear him getting any closer.
But she could see him. The petite technicolour form treading carefully close so he was standing close to the edge looking down. Her eyes that now matched the colour of the sand followed him until all of a sudden....he was gone. Disappeared in to the radiance of the giant orb that bore down on to the earth with all it's heat and power.

It would have been enough to mask his actions from Tenmei's vision had she still been looking up...... But the young female Genin; she wasn't looking to the sky anymore.She was looking down.
When he jumped up to the block out the warm rays of the sun, it created a void on the more exposed patches of sand.
So just as he had come over to throw the needles up at her, Tenmei dropped her shoulder and swung her foot upwards simultaneously to kick out at the air, sending a wave of scorching, rolling heat towards the child like shinobi. But that wasn't all. The female was far from over. With her free hand, she bent her fingers in to one of those familiar hand signs which instantly created a breeze around her that immediately escalated in to gale force winds. The effects would have happened no more than a second after her first attack and it was a good thing they did. The slashing and cutting winds, whipping at her hair, her clothes, would cause the needles he threw at her to be knocked off their flight path and be scattered to the sand caked walls in a chorus of grating metal and moaning winds.

But yet again, it wasn't a perfect plan. Causing them to spin around her like that in a chaotically small area where they couldn't be blown away to a safer distance. The damage could have been worse but the scratches that appeared over her bare tanned arms and sides of her legs still caused that same stinging sensation of before.
It was like that sandstorm all over again.

And that was only the first wave of needles.

As soon as he had tossed the second lot of needles, Tenmei jumped out of her hole once more, and once more came up to attack him, her fist aiming for the small area that made up his diaphagm.
There was no anger, no expression or emotion. She was simply fighting to win a battle that would make her father proud. Her father and the Mizukage who she also knew was watching from somewhere just beyond her site. There was no way Tenmei was going to lose this time. Go all the way or go home.

Chakra 95/150:

7Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Empty Re: Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:24 am

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
Hanbei soared over her upside down none the less as his jutsu let fly, she managed to move just in time as his needles were deflected slightly by the sideways moving wind, each of them connecting with the stone to her sides, some of them embedding deeply into the rock while others bounced off dealing no damage to them at all. He was surprised that she was able to react quickly enough with her few wounds already to be able to block his jutsu, but she seemed to be burning through her chakra reasonably quickly, skill after skill Hanbei was drawing out her eagerness to win this fight, she would no doubt be getting tired soon if she kept this up. But as he arched over her, there was something he actually neede to worry about.

In mid air he was not able to change his trajectory as well as he had liked, nor was he able to use a jutsu which would help him move out of the way, as he could have just as easily blown himself back into the flames. Though as the wave rose up, it connected with his back, causing the familiar sting if first degree burns over his back, causing Hanbei to gasp, and hit the ground a little harder than he would have liked. His knees and shins hit first, but he was able to roll out without losing much of his momentum, the wind circling his body was strong enough to make him lighter, thus the fall held only a fraction of its impact, adding sand as a factor, the impact was reduced to nothing but perhaps a small bruise and Hanbei was fine.

But it was only moments later that Hanbei noticed that his opponent was on top of him once again with her superior speed, though it was taking her a while to catch up, she was faster, but she was not in a whole other league when it came to speed, Hanbei needed to act and act fast, but it was then he remembered how he had managed to strike at Binsu when it came to landing an attack, Binsu, who was a semi experienced jounin still bore the scar on his leg from the lead up from this particular set of skills. She she was within ten meters of himself, Hanbei summoning one red chakra needle turned to face her, and threw it for one side of her neck, with the intention of it not hitting, but it would hopefully be enough to make her retain her course, hesitate and dodge it with relative ease and minimal movement as the needle soared past, far faster than Hanbei would have moved given the opportunity.

Hanbei then looking to take her punch to the gut flinched, but making the most common hand seal of the ninja under his silken robes, she would feel the impact of his skin at the last second as her hand passed through his skin, and with a poof it would be only then that his presence as a shadow clone would be discovered, but there were two attacks in light here, he had substituted with his moving needle which was behind her in flight, so he appeared behind her, but the moving needle had replaced itself where he once was, once again moving in her direction, but lower due to the drop factor, looking to hit her high in the leg, a strike, she would not even feel through the small puff of chakra as the substitute broke.

Hanbei from behind her, the red needle would lock off her body's chakra from that leg, assuming it hit, meaning no chakra from her body would be able to flow down that leg, making any speed jutsu she used likely no longer performable. from behind her, chakra flowed into Hanbei's sleeves just as her fist would have sunken through his substitution, and from his sleeves a single one meter circle of needles would fly at her in a single consolidated sheet. Hanbei when they were fired pulled on his willpower to infuse them with the fuuton nature that would have made them connect with her in less than a second, but the Inuzuka he had fought flashed through his mind, causing Hanbei to hesitate and miss his opportunity as the jutsu was let fly.

He hoped that this would be the end of this fight, he could not see how that she would be able to avoid the jutsu, though, he did not think of other possibilities, his mind was racing, the stress of the sun, the fight, and everything was building up on him, and the stress was impairing his judgement.

Chakra 95:

8Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Empty Re: Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:27 pm

Tenmei

Tenmei

D-rank
This fight had gone on for too long. 

Tenmei had returned to the standing position and peered through the cutting mass just in time to see the child like shinobi's frame disappear over the edge of the fallen statue and out of her sight, pushed back by the invisible, super heated force that was her Dragon Install. 
Without so much as a moment of hesitation, the female followed him over the ruins, getting a clear view of how fortunate he had been to escape the full force of her powerful, yet simplistic attack.
As it had turned out, the layers of flowing silks that dangled off his shoulders and over his fingertips, provided just enough protection to lessen the second degree burns that would have usually marred and burned the porcelain pale skin of the younger Genin. And with the cushion of air that surrounded him in humming swarm of sand, he had gotten off exceedingly lucky with the minimal damage.....
but that was all going to change.

It was clear to the Sotsuji that her speed was slightly superior to his.
Coming straight at him, the female watched as he withdrew another needle, this one bearing a different colour to the others he had hauled at her. A different feel to it. A stranger feel. But before she could ponder further about the effects of this particular weapon, the thin sliver of metal came soaring towards the side of her neck with surgical accuracy, whistling through the air towards the sensitive skin that protected the all important arteries....
It only took a slight dodge for it to be caught in the slicing winds that still surrounded her well built form, knocking it off it's track and sending it falling, spinning to the sand behind her, leaving Tenmei free to plow straight forward towards the Guanyin, her fist flying with speed towards his abdomen.....End this now. 

The realization came a second too late. 

The solid heat of her fist gave way to the softness of the air and the even softer sound of a clone disappearing under the force of the impact. 'But if that was a clone....then where was he?' The answer came with a cold, sick feeling in her stomach. Tenmei turned to see the second red tinged needle head towards her thigh with the same speed and accuracy as before. And also like before, it was cancelled out by the wind barrier that raged around, rendering it useless....
But this flawless form of defense couldn't last. No jutsu could be maintained forever. So the circular shield that served as her sole protection for the this fight dissipated in to a breeze which carried away the loose sand from her hair, ruffling her clothes for just a moment before going still. Without the winds that held her safely, she was wide open.....and he knew it.

There was no stopping what happened next.

The needles, too many for her to count, came towards Tenmei in a deadly rain of glistening tips that smashed repeatedly in to where she had been standing, surrounding the area penetrating anything that stood in their path and disturbing the once settled sand in to a cloud that distorted the devastation it was dealing out with it's unrelenting force. With every needle shooting as accurately as the last, it seemed that there was no escaping the barrage, no way she could get out unscathed.....No mercy for her now...
    But then....those seconds drifted to the minute passed and only once all the needles had landed, and the grains had floated back in to place, did he get a glimpse at the damage his senbon had caused. See if this was really over like had hoped. Like he had wanted

But she was gone. 
And what stood in her place among a small pile of needles, was a lump of rock and the blood flecked tattered remains of the thick woven clothes she had worn when first coming in to the arena. 

-----

'That.....was close. Shit that....Aww shit'

As soon as she had seen the needles come towards her, Tenmei wrapped her arms around her chest and crooked her fingers in to the academy grade jutsu, substituting out the very second she felt the first few needles penetrate her skin....but it wasn't quite good enough. She was still not as fast as she wanted to be. 
Three of his scalpel sharp weapons had found their way in to one leg and another six in the other. Two in her right arm, one in her left. The feminine looking Genin even managed to thread a few through the gritty tangles of her dark, coal black hair. There was one senbon in her shoulder and a her skin was mattered with a few more grazes.
In the end it had taken her a good minute to pull them all out and leave them hidden in a pile under the top layer of sand. 

This had gone far enough. Stripped down to the more durable material that covered her breasts and the tight black shorts she always wore underneath her trousers, Tenmei was really starting to feel the effects of this match. From every pin prick hole that dotted her skin, a small trail of blood trickled down creating another interesting contrast of red on light brown. She was bruised, scratched where ever there had been skin showing; it didn't bother her as much as the persistent aching.
Pain was something Tenmei had grown up with, especially after what happened with her father. But even with this tolerance, it was clear what needed to happen now. This fight had to finish soon.
She would end it before losing too much blood.

Silently, Tenmei edged out from her hiding place and jumped up to a high vantage point on the statue. The sand would have only just finished settling completely down below and now she was settled too. With her focused eyes, she looked down at the ground to find her opponent, getting him in her sights for what could be her last attack.
So, just like that, the female found her self pushing off from the unstable surface of the crumbling rock, and racing to meet him, her eyes fixed solely on her target and prepared for anything else he was going to throw at her. 

This battle had gone on for too long.

Chakra: 80/150:

9Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Empty Re: Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
Hanbei ran his fingers over his wrist bands, he could feel the bumps where his needles were as his needles let fly, the shotgun pattern of needles flew for her at quick speeds, though when they would have connected she disappeared with a small various amount of equipment and rubble in her place that was once Hanbei's to begin with, a rock peppered with needles, which more than likely fell from the alcove back earlier when she was hiding. Hanbei's red needle seemed to have missed as well as his others, but taking to the fleet he wasn't going to let them go to waste, he ran for them, the sitting needle technique needles were different than his other senbon skills, the jutsu stuck around, the needles more self sufficient than his other ones making a slightly more treacherous area, and yet another obstacle for Tenmei to have to run through to reach him.

As Hanbei turned his opponent ran for him, this was it, many of his jutsu were coming down off their cool downs, and it was him and her with that heat which always seemed to be surrounding her, Hanbei was standing on top of a solitary boulder which seemed to be a part of the statues hand. His hands to his needles, he bared his eyes down on his opponent and locked them on, this would be the first time that Hanbei would have ever entered this mode of thought. Rapid fire...

Gripping his needles, eight in his hands he threw four in a line for her chest, and throwing two with his other hand to give him time to reload the first transitioning perftectly in throwing another two for her gut, the cycle continued, him never having to reload and fire the same needles as after the first four he threw two at a time for various locations at her torso, until he had no more than ten shots left. Then he moved his firing pattern to a stream of shots which flew out one at a time for her extremities, her arms, shoulders, hips, legs and knees, aiming specifically for nerve clusters in her biceps and the arteries in her thighs to try and drop her as she ran toward him.

The hopeful genin should she get closer still to him pooled on the powers of his clan to make the last red needle to prepare for her attack, but unlike where he had hesitated before, he would not hesitate this time to use the affinity technique on this last jutsu, the red needle would explode from his hand with a wicked crack hiss, coated in lightning as he drew it, the B rank red needle would crackle violently as it was held and maintained in Hanbei's hand, two feet long like a blade as he stood at the ready to hold his own in close range combat.

Chakra :

10Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Empty Re: Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:27 am

Tenmei

Tenmei

D-rank
This is was it. It ended now.

The boulder in which he had chosen was set a bit apart from the others. It protruded from the shifting sands like a wrecked ship stuck in shallow waters, some distance away from the rest of the majestic ruins.
With her sharp silver eyes, she had watched as he skimmed around the area where she had been ruthlessly attacked not a couple minutes ago and took his perch upon the mass of stone. From there, she watched him as he glanced around until....until he was looking right at her. But oooh yes. Even though the two were far apart, her persistent stormy gaze connected with his. It was during that second, that breath, that she knew that this would be where he would make his last stand. The Guanyin would wait for her there on his own vantage point while she would have no choice but to face everything he was about to throw at her.

And so it began.

Tenmei pushed off of the fractured cheek bones of the once forgotten kage and sprinted across it's damaged surface, her speed increasing with every foot step towards the ground. However, just before she hit the gritty surface below, both her fingers formed in to two hand signs. One which was comfortably familiar while the other was very alien. Either way, the moment she performed them, Tenmei could feel the gates within her open up, allowing not only the chakra to flow through her like water through a broken dam, but a surge of scorching heat that rippled through her being.  A heat that niggled at the edges of the bare strips of material that kept her relatively covered.
  But amongst the numerous hopes that bounced around the Sotsuji's mind, keeping her modesty intact was not one of them. She had lost a lot of blood, was sore, aching and tired. The most important thing was to get this over with as soon as possible.

Which was why, as soon as Tenmei hit the ground running with rapid, jarring steps; she was no longer moving at the same speed she had before while chasing the child shinobi. With her core fortifying jutusu in play, Tenmei had near doubled in power. Now clearing the sun heated flat ground with the speed and strength of a special jounin. 
Hanbei Guanyin would be hard pressed to stop her now.

And that was when she saw them.

Four midnight coloured streaks tearing through the wind with cold hearted precision, heading straight for her chest. Her precious vitals areas.....
Right at the last second, Tenmei twisted sideways, shifting her weight to the left, avoiding the hollow tips by a few inches short of what she would have liked, feeling them caress her skin as they sailed past. It had been close....Too close.  Tenmei had no idea.
The breath of relief came too fast, but not as fast as the following two needles. The girl shinobi barely had enough time to look up before having to duck her head and bend her knees to get under the senbon that followed in a rapid succession. And still it wasn't enough.
The next four came at her again and she was forced to slip towards the right, which left her open for the next two in the pattern.
   That's right. She was open. There was nothing left for her to do. Gritting her teeth, Tenmei held up one of her arms, catching the needles between the bones, trapping them there while she continued to run for the next four.....and the next two....and the....

'Watch out!'

She almost missed it.
Moving so fast and staying so focused on the weapons that came for her torso, the ebony haired female almost missed the garden of lethal spikes that rushed up to meet her. If it hadn't been for him....
Without breaking her stride, Tenmei pushed hard off the ground and soared in to the air as much as she could before coming down faster towards the very thing she was trying to avoid. However amongst the lawn of razor tips, there was a small respite that she was aiming for.
The rock she had substituted with. Back then, Tenmei had not stuck around to see the needles cover it's exposed side like an echidna. But with one side full of needles, the other had been sheltered, and with the imbalance of weight, there could only be one result. The slightly larger stone had fallen to the warm sand with it's needle side pointing down and the smooth flat surface making the perfect stepping stone. So, with agile, well balanced feet, the Sotsuji landed with one foot on the rocks surface, pushing off barely a second after contact and clearing the deadly area before powering ahead.

But not even this could go so perfectly/

As she was in the air, she couldn't turn like she had done before. She couldn't  make that subtle turn or slip to the side. So when the needles came for her leg, her arm, her hands....there was nothing she could do but to take them and focus on keeping balance. If she fell now....it would be all over. Time, after all, was not on her side in this match. So with new pains in her thigh, her left upper arm and the muscles just before her wrist, Tenmei powered on, remembering the pain she felt when he had passed away all those years ago. Because nothing was as painful as that. If she could handle that, then she could handle this. And as long as Tenmei kept telling herself exactly that......then she would be okay.

"I will be okay"

She was so close. So....Close.
Her body throbbed, her head was in agony and still she pushed through every shaking step until she was close enough to see the delicate stitching on his immaculately made silks the heat coming off of her in angry waves, hitting him with the force of the sun.
It was a reflection of how she felt. Dizzy, sore, sick to the point where she felt like her stomach and intestines were rebelling against her....
And yet it was still not enough to slow her down. She was determined to end this, to bring all this fighting, this violence to a stop. 
  When she saw the larger needle coming straight for her stomach, the one ability she had not predicted that he would use, Tenmei swung around and grabbed the sword like implement with everything she had left, feeling every volt that clung to the metal shoot through the palm of her hand and up her arm to her shoulder.

It hurt. It really. Hurt.

Tenmei bit back the cry of pain which threatened to slip from her lips, as she glanced down at her hand, knowing that the skin underneath would be badly burnt and was getting worse the longer she held on.
And yet, while her fingers tingled and  her arm throbbed, the fool still held on as hard as she could, refusing to allow him the freedom to use that last technique despite. Not giving him an inch with her superior strength and fierce determination.
  It was over. Tenmei raised her silver eyes, to meet his once more. A flash of anger, sadness, regret, then nothing. Tenmei balled her free hand, despite the pain it caused and swung her mighty fist of fei to land square in his gut at point blank range.

It was over
One way or another this battle was over.

Chakra 35/150:

11Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Empty Re: Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:21 am

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
Hanbei watched in awe as one by one his needles flew hanging his hopes and dreams one each of the needles which soared through the air, each of them whistled sharply as they ripped through the oxygen which paved their road toward his target, each of them she ducked, dodged and weaved through as her speed increased beyond levels Hanbei was finding it difficult to track, but at last as she almost reached him she vaulted over the pit of spikes with a well placed foot on the stone she had substituted to, though this had put her in an airborne position, Hanbei at this point shot a few of his needles which came a lot closer to nailing her, as the stream of needles ran dry, she bridged the gap between them.

Hanbei drew his red blade and as she leapt up to catch him, Hanbei had nothing he could to but attempt to strike her in such a way that she would not be able to recover, gripping his needle in two hands, he plunged it for the centre of her mass as she landed on the rock he was standing on. Only to witness that Tenmei coiled her hand around the shaft of the needle, the lightning which crackled along it would have burned her hand with the electricity to the point that her skin would have begun to blister rapidly, the electricity coursing through her body as the connection caused sparks to fly everywhere, B rank electricity collided with B rank heat, Hanbei tried to force through his opponent's one handed guard, but his sheer lack of size was no longer enough to aide him in the win.

He had attempted to dedicate his strength into the blow rather than attempt to retreat or reposition himself, though, what was the point this late into the fight, he would simply be scavenging whatever needles were scattered along the ground and waiting on his own reserves to be able to cast whatever jutsu came to hand in exactly the same pattern as he had let them fly. Hanbei knew that he had handed her the fight when he had failed to use his Fuuton affinity technique, she was showing the obvious tip wounds of his needles, if they had of been moving faster they would have ripped her apart, but, could Hanbei have handled knowing that he seriously hurt two people in this tournament to the point that they had almost deathly injury?

It was too much weight to bear on his little shoulders.

Hanbei having dedicated into his blow was more than surprised when the second degree burns which ripped Tenmei's hand apart didn't phase her as much as he would have thought, gripping it willingly to save her from the tip, her second fist came swiftly colliding with the stomach of the Guanyin, and when her blow hit, the burns which surrounded her fist ripped through his silks and marked him with an equal burn. The blow was strong enough that had it been to the chest she would have cracked the young man's rib cage with the sheer force of the blow, sending Hanbei keeling over with a squeak on impact as her fist buried itself in his soft tissue, throwing him from his perch on top of the stone, the wind well and truly being forced from his lungs from the punch as he fell backwards. Sprawled over the sand...

Panic crossed his face, as he tried to call out his surrender, but he couldn't the words could not escape his mouth, which caused panic to cross his face. He couldn't move, and the shadow of the other Genin could be seen giving chase, she wanted to finish this, to execute him, and ensure that the victory was hers. Hanbei tried to yell I surrender! but the words did not pass through his mouth, all it was was a forced gargled sound as he tried but there was no air in his lungs to be able to convert the voice into sound, and so, Hanbei did the only thing he could do, he curled into a ball from the pain, hugging his knees into his chest, and burying his face in them, wrapping his arms around the sides and praying that another hit didn't fall upon him...

But it never did. The pain and inability to breathe forced him to withdraw into his own little circle and from the world, the cheers of the crowd fell on his deaf ears as he wanted it to go away, he wanted all of it to go away, and he could feel the heat of his competitor looming over him. But it was soon interrupted, the Proctor leapt down to the side of the fight as it was observed the Guanyin was no longer able to compete in the competition. Hanbei's eyes, were tightly shut, his reactions were to jump and tighten his ball should anyone get close to him, the burns were almost unbearable to him, and the punch and wrenching pain in his gut and lungs compounded the sensations into an overwhelming force of incapacitation...

The fight was over.

The Proctor, now the Mizukage, announced the winner as Tenmei, and the crowd exploded into applause as her hand would be held up for the world to see, though it was only when the Mizukage announced the third place winner in the Chuunin exams to the crowd and mentioned bravery, courage, gusto and adorableity. Did Hanbei open his eyes to look at the world around him, to see that there was a Medical ninja healing his wounds on the spot with their own chakra, and that the Proctor was talking about him. Sitting up, Hanbei's mouse like curious eyes washed over the people who gave him cheers for doing so well, Hanbei stood up, and for a moment, and one last time, bathed in the applause of the crowd.

He smiled, though his gut was still sore, he could see another medical ninja taking care of the girl who had beaten him. Wiping the sand from his hair, Hanbei walked over to his opponent and held out his hand to shake. "You fought a really good match, I-I'll be rooting for you in the finals." The boy squeaked, hoping that his kindness would be taken and that a friendship could maybe be made, though, he needed to collect up all of his Needles... This would have been a pain, were a magnet release user not already handing him the full stack of forty needles, which Hanbei replaced into his sleeves.

The fight was over, and Hanbei's time here was done, but it seemed the Mizukage wanted to speak.

(4400 words: Trained 4 C rank jutsu 4000/4000)

Last edited by Hanbei~ on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

12Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Empty Re: Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:42 am

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
After intervening and raising the hand of the victor, and allowing the third place ninja to have his own round of applause, She looked to the crowd, this was not going to be an ordinary fight that was going to happen. Each of the two ninja had eyes on her as she turned to the crowd which expanded over everyone, using chakra to enhance the volume of her voice.

"Ninja from around the world, may I have your attention, though the Kazekage is unfortunately not here to tell you herself, I'd like to thank each and every one of you for participating in or supporting the Chuunin exams, thanks to your support and participation there has been no invasion, and for the first time in a long time, the chuunin exams have been safe from outside harm.

Now that we move onto the Finale, I would like you to move your Gaze to the screen as I announce that the next arena, will be one which has been in preparation over the course of the entire exam leading up until now. But first some history, each of these arenas, have been to test your abilities as a ninja, this one, is, less about that.

The arena you will be fighting in, will be a set piece worth remembering.

PEOPLE, LOOK TO THE SKIES! THE FINALS BEGIN!"

As she called out, over the arena there were released several balloons with large chains binding them to the ground, each of the balloons were of various sizes and upon them large platforms lay, allowing the ninjas to be able to jump from one to the other and fight upon the varnished wooden surfaces. The crowd gasped as the Mizukage's only regret, was not being able to fight on top of them herself.

13Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Empty Re: Hanbei VS Tenmei SEMI FINALS Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:03 am

Tenmei

Tenmei

D-rank
"No. Second chances"

When her scorching hot fist connected with the young shinobi, Tenmei could feel the impact shudder up her arm and deep in to her heart, adding to the rest of the aches and pains that affected her being. But this was hardly enough to slow her down.
She was tired, dizzy, in pain and just out of chakra but the one thing that pushed her passed the throbbing of her palm, and the heaviness of her arms and legs; was the words of her father, echoing through her mind like an old Disney tune playing over and over. If Hanbei were to get up. If he were to suddenly turn on her with that needle of his, or disappear like she had minutes ago. If he got away, then Tenmei would have to surrender or be prepared to fight till she collapsed.
It had to end now.....

So, with purposeful steps, the female Genin walked over towards her opponent, her one good hand balled in to a fist, ready to strike away any resistance he still might have.....but her arm wouldn't move. Her breath was caught in her throat, her feet were stuck to the ground as if the very sand itself was pulling her away from the younger child.
  Whatever was stopping her, it was all very strange and confusing. Nothing was wrong before. Maybe it was the way that he was left cowering on the ground, trying to breath while blocking out the world around him.....or maybe it was that his reaction reminded her how she was once like before she had met him. Whatever it was, Tenmei couldn't strike this child again. Not after seeing him like this. So the ebony haired female waited for the proctor to step in and end it for good.

End it before the moment passed.

The call was made, the crowd roared with applause, but it wasn't until the Mizukage raised her hand did she realise how badly she was shaking. Tears had formed secretly behind her eyes and were now rolling freely down her cheeks, clearing away the sand from her lightly tanned skin. The sharpness faded from eyes, the glow easing from her skin; as soon as her muscles settled enough for them to unlock, Tenmei collapsed down in to cross legged seated position while the medics got to work healing the uncountable cuts and bruises on her skin and across her bone structure. While they were doing this though, a small, high pitched voice caused her to raise her eyes from the ground below and see the hand that reached out towards hers.

"You fought a really good match, I-I'll be rooting for you in the finals."

Such strangely beautiful words.

She tried to speak. Say thank you to him. Reassure the child that everything was okay, that she didn't mean to hurt him so bad and that she was sorry. But the only noise that she could muster out was another gut wrenching sob and a new flood of tears that only served to draw more lines before fading away, taking the tremors along with them. It was over. He didn't hate her and for the first time since these exams had started nearly a week ago, Tenmei was happy. And yes, even though she knew this moment would only last as long as it took her opponent to get here, the Genin would enjoy it.....
Even if it meant showing that little smile that had been wanting to come out since she had seen that first sunset.

-------

The long, drawn out minutes slipped away and soon all the scars from that battle had been smoothed away by the same jounin who had sought her out before it all began. Her breathing had returned to normal, she had cooled down enough to be touched, and finally she was able to say what was on her mind. Taking a deep breath, and lowering her guard enough to smile, the still sitting female turned her attention to the Guanyin and offered her hand in return
  "Thank you. For everything. That speech at the beginning, this fight. Your bravery and skill is something to be proud of.....If...if you like. Maybe I can help you gather up the rest of your needles. I mean. I know where some of  them a....."

Her offer was cut off when the Mizukage called for attention, and Tenmei was forced to look away from her new friend.
She had expected this announcement to come and she knew it would be about her next battle.....but to hear it was up in the air. High above the world on moving platforms that could break and burst, throwing the unsuspecting ninja to their fate. It was enough to tighten the knots, long since formed in the female's stomach.

"Aw hell....This is it...."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.