You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kin unfurled the scroll that had been wedged through his door with no small amount of anxiety. The last three times they had given him an assignment, they had sent him to be a WAITER, A TEACHER AND A TRUANCY OFFICER! The raw fucking nerve to send a twenty three year old scientist to do 12 year old kid errands was fucking ridiculous. He hesitated to read the assignment for a moment before finally glancing down to take in the text, unsure of what horrors it could contain. Sewer worker? Male Stripper? Perhaps he was going to spend the next week wiping the Daimyo's ass with his tongue...

Librarian. Kin was... to help with the local library for a day shelving books. This... this was something he could enjoy! Hell, he spent a lot of time there anyway, the library staff were some of the few people in the village he could stand to be around for an extended period of time, hell, some of them were almost likeable. It seemed the complaint he filed. Well, he said complaint... he meant 512 complaints. That bitch secretary didn't expect that when she came into her office that morning, that's for sure. 512 completely different complaint letters about the missions he'd been assigned and how fucking insulting they were to a man of his age, calibre and intellect. Clearly, she listened. Sure, it was still remedial bullshit, but it was something he'd enjoy this time.

Pushing open the door to the library, Kin was met with the warm, smiling face of the head Librarian, Kayo. One of the few people Kin could smile at without faking it. "Nice to see you, Kayo." he said with a smile, nodding towards the wise woman that stood before him. She was no simple book pusher; Kayo was a retired master Medical Shinobi and a brilliant scholar. Several books in this library were written by her, and having read them all, Kin could testify that she is one of the few people he has met which he considers an intellectual equal. If he were to decide to attempt to partake in the act of reproduction, it would be someone like her that he would choose for his mate.

"Well well well, I didn't expect it to be you!" Kayo said warmly as she gave Kin a firm handshake. "I was going to explain the layout of the library and whatnot to whoever showed up, but since you spend as much time as I do here I'll skip that. We have a few carts of books that need to be organized and re-shelved. I'm sure you can handle it, but let me know if you need some help." Kin nodded towards his friend with a smile, his task clear in his mind; organize books, re-shelve them. Making his way to the store-room, Kin laid out the six carts of books around himself in a circle. Generating chakra threads from every finger, he began pulling every book he could see with red spines, pulling them into a series of neat, 20 book high stacks. The books in the Iwagakure library were custom made, with a colour system determining which section they went into, and a further 0-9 number system determining which row, and therefore sub-section they went into.

Kin repeated this stacking process, until he had neat piles of red, blue, green, black and white books spread about, organized from 0-9. Loading the white books back onto a cart in order, Kin carried them off to their section, then repeated the process for Black, green, blue and red. He placed each book in alphabetical order inside their number group, then returned their cart to storage. "Kayo, I'm done for the day. I'll see you tomorrow!" he called to Kayo with a smile and a wave before heading back to his lab. The work was easy, and thankfully far less painful than the last three he was given.

Word Count: 675

Spoiler:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.