You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Doji

Doji

Dead
OOC Notes: • C to B: 2000 words

'How much do you value your life? Would you trade it for anything else? No? Not even for the life of a lover, or the life of a comrade...?'

Doji Nara had promised himself that today was going to be the day he'd train his Shadow element to the next level it could go. As much as he hated training, he knew that in order to survive in the shinobi world, one would need to learn how to improve his skills and train his abilities to the best he can. Naturally all Nara clan members are born with the curse of only ever being able to learn one particular element in their entire life, and to make things worse, this primary element starts out at a weaker level than most shinobis', but that didn't intimidate Doji at all. He knew that all he need to do, in order to make up for his loss, was train twice as hard as the regular shinobi and set higher goals in life than most would. After preparing himself for the day to come, Doji brought along with him his companion Gido over to the Bloody Cemetery, in hopes of training his Shadow element to be stronger than it was already. "Well Gido, let's be on our way now. I want to return before the sun goes down," Doji explained to Gido in his usual, gloom-like mono-tone, right before allowing the snake to coil itself up and around his waist. The pair then made their way towards the Blood Cemetery, that morning in hopes of using the shadows created by the sun during the day's Sunrise, as it was at times like these that his Shadow was strongest.

Upon arriving at the Cemetery, Doji allowed Gido to slither off of his body and out of his jumper, before adressing to the snake his plan for how he was going to train. "Exactly what did you have in mind?" the snake asked, hissing afterwards as a force of habit. Doji took time to roll up the sleeves on his jumper, before revisiting the snake's question with an answer for it. "Hmm, perhaps i should try using my shadow gathering technique once, before having a few goes of shaping my shadow into various shapes and figures. I also want to try out this new technique i have been thinking of for the past few days, it involves me shaping my shadow into flat copies of you."
The snake hadn't an expression to display on its face, though even if it had an expression on it, its face wouldn't look any more different than if it hadn't an expression on it. "Hmmm, very well. Notify me if you need me," the snake replied, before lowering its head down to level with the ground below it. A few minutes went by, before Gido found himself fast asleep. The night before, the snake had stayed up all night trying to hunt down mice and other rodents that lurked around the apartment he and Doji had been lodging in for the time being, though was very disappointed to find not one rat or mouse. Shortly after taking a few minutes to stretch his entire body, Binsu decided to begin training his Shadow element, uttering the words, "Shadow Gathering Technique," as a result of this, triggering the activation of his Shadow Gathering technique. He then targeted a small peble that laid flat on the ground only 3m away from Doji's current location, picking it up with a single strand from his own shadow he then sent after the pebble with little to no difficulty. After picking up the pebble, Doji would then raise it 1m up and off of the ground, before using the strand of shadow he used to hold the small pebble up in the air to ditch it towards a nearby tree only 10m away from his location.

As though he had thrown the small rock himself, Doji managed to hit the tree's center trunk on the first go, though he hadn't planned on hitting a specific point on the tree, though had intended to hit the tree nonetheless. 'Hmm,i need to be able to do that faster,' Doji thought to himself, before sending the same strand he had made out of his own shadow out towards the small pebble, before picking it up and bringing it back towards himself. He then threw the pebble once more towards the same point on the tree he had aimed for the previous time around, this time hitting the tree twice as fast as before. Although his shadow had increased in speed a little bit, Doji still needed to improve its strength and flexibility as well. 'Hmm, i can try to strangle Gido with my shadow to increase its strength,' Doji thought to himself, right before he picked up the same pebble once more with the same shadow strand he had formed from his shadow and threw it lightly towards the resting snake.

"How rude of you to that Doji," complained the snake, as it slowly woke up from its vague dream-like state upon being hit by the small, jagged rock. It then took its time to slither off of the tomb stone it had been resting on the entire time and confront its master from a small distance of 4m away from Doji. "Wake up, i need to test the strength of my shadow," Doji explained, in the same gloomy, mono-toned voice he used often. The snake then asked the boy how he planned to do that, to which Doji answered by stating that he was going to attempt to hold the snake down on to the ground with his shadow, though also mentioned how the snake needed to try and escape the death hold. Once both partners were sure of their role in this particular training task, Doji would send the single strand of his shadow he had been using so far, towards the snake and within seconds, would've wrapped itself around the entire snake's body length. Doji then gave the snake a tiresome glare before muttering the word, "Go."

Wordcount: 1039/2000

Doji

Doji

Dead

The genin started to squeeze at the snake, using its shadow strand like a giant arm, but could also feel the snake tensing its body, restraining from the death hold. The two companions went on for what seemed like an hour, constantly trying to overpower the other into submission. Doji was trying desperately to keep the snake down on the ground, but Gido also tried hard to keep its head up in the air and off of the ground. 'Hmm, he's quite strong for a snake his size,' Doji thought to himself, as he showed no signs of giving up. In an attempt to throw the snake off guard and use it as an opportunity to pin the serpent from a different angle, Doji switched from pushing the snake downwards to pulling it downwards. Although this switch in pushing/pulling directions did alarm the snake a bit, it wasn't enough to completely throw the snake off guard. Instead, it only made Doji's work that much harder. "Tried to throw me off guard, did you? That won't help against a creature like myself," Gido explained to Doji, still struggling to fight the pulling force of the genin's shadow strand. After a few more minutes trying to pull down the snake onto the ground and with little success, Doji retracted his strand of shadow and returned it back into his own shadow. "Seems as though i underestimated your strength, Gido," confessed Doji, as he then slowly made his way towards the snake's location.

Doji's ability to make different things out of his shadows was one that he shared with most, if not all of his fellow clan members, but what made each and every member of the clan different, was the way in which they used their shadow. Most of the Nara clan's members often focused on the offensive way of using their shadow, but Doji mainly focused on the defensive side of it. Most of his original shadow jutsus were inspired by the long-dead Gaara of the sand, who used his ability to manipulate sand to create his Ultimate Defense move. Most of Doji's shadow jutsus were copied versions of Gaara's, though the only difference between his and the sand Ninja's, was that instead of using sand, Doji used his own shadow. Shadow to most, wasn't the strongest element there was and was often seen as a useless element to have. Although truth be known that Katon and Raiton were the only two elements that shadow was considered weaker than, Doji had a dream of one day changing this factor, so that shadow could one day prove useful even against a fire or raiton based attack of higher rank than the user's shadow element.

In Doji's own opinion, shadow was a very useful element to have and could be used in ways other elements cannot. As far as defense goes, Shadow users are able to block incoming attacks at a faster rate than most people, as their shadow is always with them and is manipulable without the need for hand signs. Where one needed to use their hand signs to form defensive barriers between him and the attack, Doji could easily manipulate his shadow into a defensive state without lifting a finger. Where one needed to fight their opponent either from a close range, mid range or long range, Doji could easily switch from between the three different ranges at will without moving himself from his given spot. The only problem Doji could find with having shadow as your only element, was how hard it was to use the element to form some type of sensory jutsu. In cases where Doji couldn't physically see his opponent, he'd need some way of locating his targets or some way of pinpointing their exact location. It was initially for that reason alone, that Doji thought about getting Gido to learn a sensory type technique. With Gido on him at all times, Doji will be able to rely of the pet's advanced sensing abilities in order to find his target in cases where he couldn't himself.

"Gido, i am going to now try and just touch you with a single strand of my shadow and i want you to try your best to avoid it," Doji explained to the snake, before stretching out yet another long, thin strand of his shadow and sending it along on the ground towards the serpent. Without thinking twice, the snake immediately dodged the shadow strand's initial attempt at touching it, but then moved towards the opposite direction when the shadow strand made another attempt at touching the snake once more from behind. The game of tag between the snake and the shadow strand continued on for another 10 minutes, before the shadow strand made its first successful attempt at the snake. The two went at it again, this time Doji was able to touch the snake within 5 minutes of chasing the serpent around again. "Ssssseems as though your shadow has gotten fasssster hmmm," exclaimed the snake, giving Doji a scaly grin. "It's not only it's speed that has increased," spoke Doji, "...but also its strength." At that moment, using the element of surprise Doji was able to quickly strike at the snake using his shadow strand and within seconds, had the serpent pinned down onto the ground with the shadow strand still forcing it down onto the ground. After Doji was confident that he had trained his shadow to the level he wanted it at, both he and Gido made their way back to their apartment, spending the rest of their day reading books about shadows and lights, as well as watching shadow puppet shows.

Wordcount: 2008/2000

Exit Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.