You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Delivering supplies [D-Rank / Bokuden] Empty Delivering supplies [D-Rank / Bokuden] Tue May 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Mission:

Out of all the missions he could have taken, he picked the most irritating one there was. At least, Skye found it irritating. Carrying some heavy packages wasn’t too difficult, but just the fact that they would have to be carried all the way through Kumo. Though, it wouldn’t be too bad. As soon as he applied for the mission, he was informed that another ninja he hadn’t met would be accompanying him. It would be nice to have some company while he walked through Kumo. Walking outside, he found the spot where the two were supposed to receive the supplies. From the look of things, the other ninja wasn’t there yet, and neither were the supplies. With a sigh, Skye found a place to sit and wait for his partner to show up. While waiting, he laid back and watched clouds pass by.

Word Count: 144/600

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
"So this is the kid that we are supposed to be working with?" Satomi asked, staring down at the young looking shinobi from a rooftop.

"I guess so," Bokuden replied, "I suppose we should go down and introduce ourselves then."

"I can't believe we are stuck doing another one of these metal deliveries AGAIN," Satomi moaned.

"What the hell do you mean again? You didn't do anything the last time," Bokuden sneered, "Either way, let's go."

The duo jumped down from the rooftop, landing right behind their assigned partner. "Any news on when this shipment is going to get here or are we just waiting it out?

Without waiting for the other shinobi's reply, Bokuden and Satomi took a seat on a nearby bench. Bokuden sat there flipping a coin through his fingers and awaiting the response from the shinobi they were paired with.

WC: 148/600

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Hearing a quick shuffle, followed by a slight gust of wind, Skye slowly tilted his head back so he could see the figure behind him. With a slight grin, he stood up and turned to face the person. Just from the question, he could tell that this must have been the person that was going to be working with him.

“I’ve actually just gotten here myself… And so far, there’s been no shipment.” His voice sounded a little disappointed that the shipment was taking a while to get there. There was a specific time on the mission spec he received, so the shipment must’ve been running a bit late.
“Whatever the case may be for the shipment…” Skye held out his right hand to Bokuden as an addition to his introduction. “Skye Nekito, I don’t believe we’ve met."

Word Count: 282/600

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
The young looking shinobi proceeded to offer his outstretched hand and introduced himself, “Skye Nekito, I don’t believe we’ve met."

Knowing it was rude to reciprocate a handshake while seated, Bokuden rose from the bench and answered. "My name is Bokuden and this is my partner Satomi," Bokuden said now shaking Skye's hand and offering a friendly smile.

"A pleasure, I'm sure," Satomi added.

With introductions out of the way it was time to address the issue of the mission. "It's strange that they are so late," Bokuden mused, "The last time we did this mission we were early and he was already waiting at the gate for us."

WC: 252/600

5Delivering supplies [D-Rank / Bokuden] Empty Re: Delivering supplies [D-Rank / Bokuden] Tue May 28, 2013 10:17 pm

Skye

Skye

D-rank
“Maybe something happened on the road… Ambush, weather, anything could really stop them from arriving on ti-” Skye cut himself off as soon as he saw the wagon of supplies roll right in front of the three. “Well, looks like they’re finally here.”

The man riding the wagon hopped off and grabbed the three boxes of supplies. Setting each one down in front of Skye, Bokuden, and Satomi, he gave a few bits of information about where the boxes were to be delivered and how they shouldn’t be dropped. If they were, the materials inside would break and fall out.

With a nod and a few words of thanks, the man hopped back on the wagon and went off to make more deliveries. Skye quietly groaned as he looked down at the boxes. They looked a bit heavy, but not by much. Bending over and getting a good grip on the package, he lifted it up with ease and turned around. “Better not keep the blacksmith waiting.” Walking a few steps, he stopped next to Bokuden and waited for him to get a box and follow along.

Word Count: 469/600

6Delivering supplies [D-Rank / Bokuden] Empty Re: Delivering supplies [D-Rank / Bokuden] Tue May 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Just as Skye began to theorize about the tardiness of the delivery, the shipment pulled up to the gate. The delivery man then dropped three crates of metals on the ground in front of Skye and began briefing the shinobi on the details of the mission. Details that Bokuden largely ignored because it was the exact same mission as the one he had taken just a few days earlier. One part he did catch was something about not dropping the boxes as the materials inside would break, which he knew was total bull shit because the boxes contained metals to be melted down for forging not antique china.

Ignoring the nonsense instructions of the delivery man Bokuden examined the boxes. Same size as before, same weight as before, and the same quantity as before. Skye then proceeded to pick one up and begin walking away.

"So how do you want to do this?" Bokuden asked, If we each take one, there will still be one left over."

WC: 419/600

Skye

Skye

D-rank
“I doubt your wolf will be able to carry the other package, so we’ll just have to come back for it, unless you want one of us to carry two.” Skye didn’t sound too fond of the idea he had, but it was the only real solution he could think of. Neither of them had a cart, and it wouldn’t be safe to carry two at the same time, though it was completely doable. Especially since the mission clearly stated that all of the packages had to be intact and undamaged when delivered.

Setting his box down, he leaned on it with one arm and patiently waited for Bokuden to decide. If he was given the choice between leaving it behind then coming back for it and risking the mission by taking it with them, he would risk it and try to be incredibly careful with it. Though, he decided to give Bokuden the choice instead. It was just a bit of courtesy on Skye’s behalf.

Word Count: 635/600 (Complete)

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
After listening to Skye offer his two solutions Bokuden was uninspired. He had no desire to make multiple trips and knew that carrying two boxes would be uncomfortable. However, he had no intention of allowing this Skye fellow to take on the lion's share of the work. Bokuden never liked working in groups for reasons just like this. No matter what happened, work was never evenly distributed and team mates tended to accomplish nothing but get in his way.

Bokuden looked down at the boxes with a disappointed expression and tilted one over with his hand to gauge its weight one more time. He was right, carrying two was going to be an anoyance, but it was one he felt he had to take. Bokuden let out a deep sigh and turned his gaze towards Skye."I've already made this trip a few times. I've got to tell you that I have no interest in making multiple trips. I'll carry both," Bokuden explained to Skye.

Bokuden proceeded to stack two of them on a nearby ledge which he could use to get leverage to put both boxes on his back. The extra weight in excess of 200 pounds was a burden, but it was nothing Bokuden hadn't done at one point or another during his training. "We better get going then," Bokuden said, "the sooner we get to the blacksmith the sooner I can get these damn boxes off of my back."

Word Count: 666/600 D:

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Picking his box back up, Skye shrugged his shoulders and lined himself up with Bokuden. Looking over at his partner, he could see a bit of a saddened expression. He had seen the same look once before, but by a different person. Shaking his head for a quick moment, Skye turned his attention back to the task at hand.

Skye tilted his head slightly and offered a quick comment for Bokuden to consider during the entirety of their delivery. “If you think it’s getting to be too much, feel free to hand it off to me.” Without looking at Bokuden, he smiled to show he was being completely serious. Right after he offered the help, he looked over at Satomi and grinned slightly. “Just making sure I have your name right, Satomi?”

Word Count: 767/600 (Completed)

10Delivering supplies [D-Rank / Bokuden] Empty Re: Delivering supplies [D-Rank / Bokuden] Wed May 29, 2013 10:14 pm

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
As Bokuden and Skye prepared to depart for the shop, the latter offered Bokuden the opportunity to hand off the crate at any time he felt the burden became too great. Bokuden appreciated the offer, but had no intention of handing it over. Bokuden was bigger than Skye anyway, if it was too much for Bokuden it would have definitely been too much for Skye. Either way, Bokuden was far too prideful to ever consider such an offer.

Right after offering his assistance to Bokuden, Skye turned to Satomi and sought confirmation on her name."Indeed," Satomi answered. Both Satomi and Bokuden were generally skeptical of strangers, but that didn't stop Satomi from being polite.

"It's time to get this over with," Bokuden stated now walking forward, "Don't fall behind, Skye." Bokuden then leapt onto the nearest rooftop, his preferred mode of transportation. Upon landing on the rooftop Bokuden took a knee, his body had still not acclimated itself to the extra weight of the crates, and then took off.

WC: 841/600

Last edited by Bokuden on Thu May 30, 2013 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total

11Delivering supplies [D-Rank / Bokuden] Empty Re: Delivering supplies [D-Rank / Bokuden] Thu May 30, 2013 6:14 am

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye scoffed at the comment and jokingly stated it back. "Don't fall behind..." Pausing to leap onto the same building as Bokuden, he added his own comeback once landing. "I'm not the one with two giant boxes!" With a chuckle, he darted forward to catch up with Bokuden. By the time he caught up with his partner, there was only a few more blocks to go before reaching the blacksmith. Both of them were doing good on time, so the only worry as of right then was damaging a box. Looking up, Skye could almost spot the roof of the blacksmith.

Leaping over to Bokuden a little more, he wanted to ensure that he wouldn't falter on the last bit of distance between them and the blacksmith. Skye kept on thinking on how much it would suck if one of the boxes broke at the very end of the mission.

Word Count: 917/600 (Completed)

12Delivering supplies [D-Rank / Bokuden] Empty Re: Delivering supplies [D-Rank / Bokuden] Thu May 30, 2013 2:13 pm

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Both shinobi now travelling by rooftop were making good time on the delivery. It did not take long for the black smith's shop to appear on the horizon. Bokuden glanced over at Skye who had by this time caught up and seemed to be watching the two boxes on Bokuden's back anxiously. "Don't worry about me Skye. I've done this before," Bokuden explained, "There is something worth noting about this particular black smith though, he is incredibly hard of hearing. We aren't going to just be able to call out for him to confirm the mission's completion. He is always working though, so we just have to bring these boxes around to the forge out back."

Bokuden then motioned with his head to Satomi and said, "Go on ahead and let him know we will be bringing the delivery out to the forge." Satomi then took off in front of Skye and Bokuden, jumping down to ground level in order to enter the shop.

WC: 1011/600

13Delivering supplies [D-Rank / Bokuden] Empty Re: Delivering supplies [D-Rank / Bokuden] Thu May 30, 2013 6:38 pm

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye shook his head slightly. “I trust you. I’m just making sure everything is fine.” Pausing a moment to listen to Bokuden’s statement, he nodded a few times to show that he understood completely. Seeing the blacksmith’s forge approaching quickly, Skye bent his knees and made one final leap to land on the ground. Readjusting his grip on the box slightly, he followed Bokuden’s instructions and brought the box around to the forge. As expected, the boxes were completely intact and didn’t have a scratch on them. As of right then and there, it looked as if the mission was just about complete. Once Bokuden and he reached the location where the blacksmith was working, he set the box down and waited for Satomi to bring the blacksmith’s attention to the two of them. Considering the man was quire hard of hearing, they would most likely have to rely on the visual of the boxes to convey the message of the mission.

Word Count: 1079/600 (Completed)

14Delivering supplies [D-Rank / Bokuden] Empty Re: Delivering supplies [D-Rank / Bokuden] Thu May 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
When the two arrived at the forge they saw Satomi yelling at the blacksmith trying to get his attention. Her yells which would have been hard to hear to begin with were now being drowned out by the sounds of his hammering. Frustrated with the old man, Satomi did the only reasonable thing she could think of to get his attention, bite him. A bit barbaric, but it got the job done. The man turned around and upon seeing Skye and Bokuden with the boxes he knew that they were here making his routine delivery.

"Good job boys. I'll be sure to send a message to the Kage's office informing them of the mission's completion."

And with that the mission was done. Not one for prolonged departures Bokuden simply said, "Nice working with you, kid," and took off. Satomi followed right behind him and said, "It was a pleasure to meet you, Skye," and took off as well.

WC: 1172/600

[Thread Closed]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.