Ososamu

D-rank
Symbol:  

Karasu Clan (Fixed) Japane10

Clan: Karasu

Kekkei Genkai: Animal Kinship

Elements: Lightning, Wind.

Specialization: Ninjutsu

Clan History: This clan has had a long standing conflict with Sunagakure since its formation. The clan does not recognize the authority of the Kazekage. Resisting his rule, the clan battled the forces of Suna for decades. For 20 years the Karasu lived as Nomads, wandering the deserts, attempting to elude Suna's grasp. Eventually, through the use of the clan's Kekkei Genkai, the desert's animal inhabitants aided the Karasu in the discovery of a collection of sunken ruins in the middle of the scorching deserts. With a new place to call their home, the Karasu crafted a unique culture out these sunken ruins, ever evading discovery by the Kazekage with the help of a complex network of animal companion spies positioned within the surrounding canyons and desert cliffs. If the Karasu feel that the location of their hideout is under serious threat of discovery, the Karasu can activate the ruins, causing them to shift location within the shifting sands; an extensive and costly ritual that is avoided at all costs. In order to protect the secrets of their village and the need for ritual relocation, the Karasu are extremely isolationist; if a member of the clan leaves the protection of the scorching desert which surrounds their home, they are considered dead to the clan and never allowed to return.

The clan is governed by a council of elders, led by a powerful and elderly female Shaman. The Karasu are slightly more tribal in their dress, architecture and customs and pay great respect to the Kami spirits which inhabit their desert homeland. Their abounding respect for the natural world has put them somewhat at odds with mainstream civilization, further contributing to their desire to remain isolated, and hidden from worldview.

Kekkei Genkai Description: Word on the street of Sunagakure tells of an ancient clan of ninja who would raid villages with packs of giant jackals, flocks of murderous crows and deadly serpents. Acquiring the will and aid of the denizens of nature herself, this clan proved to be formidable resistance to the first Kazekage's rule. Members of the Karasu clan have a genetic trait that allows them to communicate with animals on a deeper level than normal human beings. This connection with the natural world allows members of the Karasu to employ animal agents as scouts, tame wild beats encountered in the wild, and on occasion, employ their aid in battle. When this ability is active Karasu clan members' eyes take on a yellow-gold slit appearance like that of a wild predator.

Drawbacks: This same gene also causes members of this clan to develop a gracile shape, making them more susceptible to certain types of physical attacks, namely blunt weapons. Members of this clan must have Frail as a negative Special Characteristic, and cannot have Bukijutsu as their primary specialty.

Members:Naoko Karasu

Kekkei Genkai Jutsu:

*Animals tamed or communicated with are not as powerful as summons and cannot perform Jutsu.

*Animal Kinship (Feral Communion Jutsu) only works on native animals within radius; cannot be used on summons.

*Animals cannot use poison. 

*An animal refers to one reasonable unit; for example a unit might refer to 1 wolf, 1 snake or 1 cluster of insects. 1 animal would not mean that 1 wolf was equivalent to 1 individual insect for example. 

*Animals by Region (Size, strength and quantity vary by rank, see below):

Land of Earth: Centipede, Cougar, Eagle, Wolf.
Land of Wind: Scorpion, Jackal, Crows, Wasps.
Land of Fire: Spider, Boa, Guerrilla, Boar.
Land of Lighting: Lizard, Bear, Slug, Falcon.
Land of Water: Leaches, Squid, Shark, Eel.  

Spoiler:

Last edited by Yasu Hebinawa on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:12 pm; edited 47 times in total

2Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Sun May 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Gin

Gin

Retired
I know this is a WIP, but I might as well tell you that poisons are banned here so being immune to them is kind of futile.

3Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Changed Kekkei Genkai Sun May 26, 2013 9:32 pm

Ososamu

Ososamu

D-rank
Changed it, let me know if this is better.

4Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Sun May 26, 2013 10:27 pm

You're not allowed to recover chakra at all, if I remember correctly. I know that Restricted and Banned List only says sapping it from other characters, but I'm pretty sure that we're not allowing self-regeneration. This would be an acceptable way to implement it if it was allowed, as it's not like people are dying left and right by you. Apologies, but this clan's KKG is denied.

5Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Edited, let me know if this is better. Sun May 26, 2013 10:42 pm

Ososamu

Ososamu

D-rank
I change the KKG, let me know if this is any better :).

6Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Mon May 27, 2013 6:13 am

We have a a pets system, if you want to have a way to 'tame' beasts temporarily, that's fine. Keep in mind they wouldn't have jutsu like regular pets.

7Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Mon May 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Ososamu

Ososamu

D-rank
This clan just possesses the ability to communicate with animals temporarily, as in using a spider or snake as a spy or occasionally taming a wild beast in battle. It wouldn't be anything like a pet. Let me know if I need to fix anything else. Thank you :)

8Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Thu May 30, 2013 5:04 pm

You'll want to have parameters on this per rank. Perhaps give each clan member a certain number of species they can communicate with.

9Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:53 pm

Ososamu

Ososamu

D-rank
Okay, I divided the KG Animal Communication into ranks. Let me know if this is any better .

10Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:50 pm

Takao

Takao

S-rank
Drawbacks: This same gene also causes members of this clan to develop a gracile shape, making them more susceptible to certain types of physical attacks, namely blunt weapons.
Could you elaborate on how much weaker they are to physical attacks?

11Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Ososamu

Ososamu

D-rank
I elaborated a bit; let me know if this is better.

12Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:51 am

This is looking much better. However, can you use our template for your animal-communication jutsu? Or were you aiming for this not to consume chakra?

13Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Ososamu

Ososamu

D-rank
It's in the proper jutsu format I believe; let me know if this is any better.

14Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Ososamu

Ososamu

D-rank
Just to let you know I also changed the element from Fire to Lightning; hope that's okay.

15Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:57 pm

You can have any number of elements, it's really kind of irrelevent unless you have elemental jutsu.

Also, does each rank of communication have a limit as to what rank of ninja can use it (as with A-rank being Jounin only)? I assume you know that only the native animals can come to your aid. Oh! and say that you can't tame animals that have been summoned.

16Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:25 am

Ososamu

Ososamu

D-rank
Fixed, let me know if this is any better :).

17Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:45 am

A really interesting concept, I would like to see the history fleshed out a bit more. I feel as though it is lacking depth and I would like to see that fleshed out so others can understand more backstory to the clan as a whole.

18Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Ososamu

Ososamu

D-rank
I expanded the history a bit. Let me know what you think. Also expanded the KG description as well. Thank you! :)

19Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Ososamu

Ososamu

D-rank
I also changed the drawbacks a bit; frail is still a required Specail Characteristic but members can no longer have bukijutsu as their specialty as opposed to taijutsu.

20Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:22 pm

1 mile is pretty huge for all ranks. Can you make it vary? Also, how many animals can you have assist you at once?

21Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Ososamu

Ososamu

D-rank
Edited. Let me know if this is any better.

22Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:34 am

Very, very nice! Could you just give a list of some of the animals found in each region? I know there are quite a few, just give a short list of around 4 per Land. Just for a general idea.

23Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Ososamu

Ososamu

D-rank
Edited; let me know what you think :).

24Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Ososamu

Ososamu

D-rank
Let me know if this is any better.

25Karasu Clan (Fixed) Empty Re: Karasu Clan (Fixed) Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:56 pm

Specify that they can't use poison. I know it's a given, but just to be sure <3

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.