You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Molding their little minds [Mission] Empty Molding their little minds [Mission] Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Kaiten

Kaiten

D-rank
The school bang rang, and people started heading back into class. The academy was filled with the kind of kids that every school has; the pranksters, the pretty girls, the tomboys, the nerds, the class pet, and the daughter of the teacher. As the teacher, a young man in his twenties, walked into the classroom, he was followed by Kai. Dressed in something more reasonable than his usual outfit, thinking that it would not leave a good example on little kids if he was to look messy and ruffled. They seemed not to like him anyway, their eyes attacking him with the daggers that they shot. Maybe they were suspicious of newcomers, maybe they didn't like the way he looked, or maybe something bad had happened and they weren't too warm to people nowadays. It didn't matter particularly, he was there to teach them, to mold them, to bring them into better knowledge of the way the world worked. He was not, however, here to become friends with them. Friends, huh, what were they good for? Absolutely nothing (say it again). The teacher shot an apologetic look to his daughter, before beginning to talk.

"I hope you all had a lovely weekend, today we got a special guest to teach you about kenjutsu. He's the young master of the Uranai branch of the Ryokosha family, Master Kaiten. I hope you'll all give him the respect he deserves," that sentence seemed so false, so patronizing, that there was a moment where he considered just turning around and throwing a punch at this smarmy gits face, but for now he would have to play the nice guy. However, he made a mental note to steal this guy's wallet later. ", and let's see what we can learn from him." He was about to step up to the front of the class when some little brat, seemed around the same age as the kids he'd babysat the night before, called up from the back of the class.

"This loser's going to talk to us about kenjutsu? He doesn't even have a sword!" Of course it was true, and the teacher had been thinking that too, but he'd been too polite to say it. The thing about Kai, however, was that you should never assume that he didn't have an idea up his sleeve. His hands flew through the signs of the ram, the bull and finally the snake. His hand glowed a dull green, piercing through the bandages around his hand, as a large trail of sludgy brown earth began to seep out of his non-covered hand, sprouting up from seemingly nowhere. As it grew and formed in his hand, it suddenly caught on fire. This caught the attention of the class, even the brat who'd insulted him. Seconds later the fire died down, and the sword had been fashioned into terracotta. Before anyone could say anything, he appeared in front of the little brat, his sword pointing at his throat, the point pressing against it.
"Never assume that your opponent has no tricks up his sleeve, because the moment you let your guard down around a non-beaten opponent, that's the moment you die. Understand?" The brat nodded, and he withdrew his blade, moving his arm to rest the smooth-edge of the blade on his shoulder, not letting go for a moment.

"That's an important lesson you have to learn in life, and in sword-fighting. Everyone has something hidden under the surface, something that they hide to use in battle later on. I don't carry around my sword because then nobody expects me to have one. Your teacher looks all sweet and unassuming, but really he could kill a man easily and would do it too if the Tsuchikage asked. The whole world hides something from you." The kids were listening enraptured, and he decided to make a point.
"Hands up anyone here who can honestly say they've never lied." A few people, mainly girls, put their hand up. This caused him to smile cockily, expecting something like this to happen.
"See, they're a perfect example of what I'm talking about. From the day you leave the womb, everyone is conditioned to lie. It might not be the right and honorable thing to do, but you do it. I'm not excusing that, I'm saying that everyone does it eventually. These girls, they lied to look good and innocent, probably to get away with making trouble later on. Am I right ladies?" he asked, but his only answers were a few childish giggles. Damn he was good.

The rest of the hour passed rather quickly, and the teacher was rather impressed by what he'd seen. This man had serious charm and wit about him, maybe those rumors about his clan were wrong? As the bell chimed to show the end of the lessons, everyone piled out a lot happier than when they'd come in. The teacher came up to Kai and offered his hand in respect.
"You know, I have to admit, when you first came in here, I thought you were going to mess something up, but you actually taught rather well. I was worried for a moment that you were going to endorse lying and cheating, but you showed that the battlefield will never be truly honest. You might have saved someone's life here today." Taking the man's hand, Kai shook it, before leaving the room, closing the door carefully behind him. That had gone brilliantly well and, best of all, he had a new prize. Held in his hand, a leather bound wallet sat filled with ryo. He chuckled to himself, before walking off of school property. Never insult a thief, you never know where his hands can be.

957/600

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.