You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Maeve

Maeve

C-rank

An Inquiry about Training [Daremo, or Invite Only] WiD8Yre

What exactly was she doing here? A bar was no place for a ten year old little girl, barring the fact that she was a Chuunin from Kirigakure or not. So how was it she ended up here? Simple, she was looking for someone, and in that quest she knew that there was one place where she was likely to find someone who could point her in the right direction and that was a bar - albeit likely with slurred speech and much eye squinting considering her small size and very real light blue coloured cat ears and feline-like tail. Still, someone would at least hopefully give enough pause to give her the time of day to answer her in her quest. She needed to find the Raikage of all people. Why? Well, that was her business and you should mind your own. It was important to say the least, at least to her, therefore it was a brave thing she was about to do.

Then again, she didn’t expect an all out brawl to be going on when she entered inside. The first thing that registered was a table going flying across the room and towards the door, the small child showing enough agility to gracefully side step out of the way and avoid the splintering wood that was all the remained of that particular piece of furniture. Giving the broken piece of furniture a furtive glance she would sigh before squaring her shoulders: really there was no turning back now. She assumed she wouldn’t get an audience if she outright asked for the Raikage considering her age, general size, and the fact that she wasn’t even from Kumo, so she had been hoping to find one of his hang outs when he wasn’t busy filing paperwork or whatever it was that Raikage’s did. So yeah, she had to do this.

Looking towards the first patron off to her left she would raise but a single finger, the pointer of her right hand, in hopes to catch the rather robust and bearded males attention. ”Excuse me, si---” Ducking below the fist that had been aimed somewhere about her right temple she dodged forward, rolling head over feet, and continued the action until she was on her feet again. The punched that had missed her ended up in the face of another male and as she glanced over the pair were currently locked in a wrestling match over who was the strongest as they attempted to bring each other to the ground. Right, well he wasn’t going to be helpful, so perhaps someone else?

Beginning to feel a bit as if this place would be a lost cause but unwilling to give up right away Maeve dodged and weaved her way through the people as best she could, thankful for once for her small size that made this a fairly easy task, and made her way to the nearest bar maid. ”Excuse me, miss? Excuse me!” Politeness wasn’t working, not with the distractions and disruptions going on. She could barely get anyone to look at her, let alone keep their attention focused on her for more than a few short seconds. This really wasn’t working, and Maeve’s frustration was beginning to rise.

Thinking quickly, and perhaps a bit stupidly as she was going to be well in the open with what she was about to do, Maeve climbed her way up on one of the bar stools and from there up until the counter. Bringing her fingers to her lips she whistled in an ear piercing and damn near eardrum shattering way, hoping beyond hope that it would bring a moment of quietness to the bar if nothing else - she didn’t care if it lasted long, just long enough for her to get her question out. Thankfully she took notice of several patrons looking her way, her attire, Kirigakure headband hanging loosely tied around her neck, and the feline characteristics were enough to hold their attention for however briefly. ”I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of one of the Raikage’s hangouts. I have a question I need to ask of him..”, simple, to the point, spoken with only the smallest hints of annoyance in her voice but otherwise with a sort of pride there that she had gotten up as she had in front of strangers and spoken. Weird child was weird: confirmed.

“He likes to hang out at the tea shops little lady. Really isn’t a bar-type man.”, one of the nearby males spoke in a gruff voice - though this didn’t stop him from continuing to hold some poor bloke by the throat. Turning her attention over to him, sapphire colored cat-like eyes would regard him for a moment before she’d give a polite curtsy, glad she was wearing leggings beneath her white pleated skirt. ”Thank you so much.”, she would respond before hopping gracefully down to the ground in the way a cat would and making her way to the door, fighting the urge to pick up the pace as she could very well feel eyes tracking her the entire time. Pausing she would glance back at the patrons, wondering if Darem or any of the village police knew about the bar brawl going on currently. Offering a wave goodbye she would head out the door, closing it behind herself before continuing on in her search.

Even with the bar brawl she had interrupted well in her mind she focused her attention on her current goal: she still needed to find the Raikage and speak with him - though the thought remained in the back of her mind that it would probably be for the best to mention the bar brawl so that someone could put a stop to it before it got too bad. Thankfully it wasn’t too hard for her to find the tea shops, and while the first one she checked into was a bust she entered into the second with her fingers crossed. Unsurprisingly there were many gazes from the tea shop staff and patrons that turned in her direction upon entrance. There were many things about her that stuck out: her Kirigakure headband of course did the trick on its own, but beyond her feline characteristics her attire was quite ‘princess’ like: a white thick sweater that draped off of her shoulders but which was held up by thin satin straps, a white pleated skirt, pastel pink leggings, and black leather boots with a half an inch heel. Even with the heel she was still small, only four foot tall, and weighed practically nothing. She certainly didn’t look like a shinobi, though the cold presence that was natural around her certainly spoke otherwise, as well as hinted to her Yuki heritage.

“What can I get for you, miss?”, one of the waitresses asked politely after a few seconds of curious staring. There was nothing hostile about it, but more like she was something new that required investigation into. Turning her head and tucking a chin length piece of blue colored hair behind her ear Maeve would smile politely before responding, ”A chai tea latte would be lovely, with a lot of whipped cream on top if you wouldn’t mind. I’m also looking for someone…”

The waitress dutifully wrote down what Maeve said, smiling a bit as she was quite fond of any customer who knew exactly what they wanted instead of having to take a while to decide. “Well I can certainly try and point you in the right direction, who is it you’re looking for?”

”I’m looking for the Raikage, actually.”, Maeve would respond honestly, noticing the shift in the waitresses face as well as the sideways glance towards a portion of the tea shop. The woman seemed confused on what she should do: it perhaps didn’t look the best for a foreigner to be looking for the Raikage out of his office of all things, and while Maeve understood this she still felt it necessary. All she could hope for now was an honest response.

TOTAL WC
Total WC: 1,440

Daremo

S-rank
Word traveled fast throughout a village, especially when it pertained to someone looking for the Raikage. Thus, the moment when a small child had inquired on the whereabouts of the current Kage, an Anbu operative, who had been hidden on one of the rooftops, went to inform the leader about it, while also having another operative keeping an eye on the child. None of them knew the child, she was a foreign entity in the village, thus, until proven otherwise, she would be watched from the shadows. For in this world, strength is not measured by one’s age, but by one’s skill, and while she might not seem like a threat, one could never be too careful.

Citrine eyes focused on the Anbu operative who had entered the Raikage’s office, after having been ordered to come in by the Raikage. A pen laid forgotten on the table as Daremo listened to the Anbu speak on what they had observed only moments ago. Brow furrowed at the thought of why a child would be looking for him. Who was the child? What purpose did the child need him for? There was no way he could find the answers which he sought just by sitting here, he would need to meet the child for himself, and find out what they wish for him.

Glancing down at the documents on the desk. A lot of them dealing with the fall out that came from Konoha attacking Land of Frost. The other village seemingly only doing so to remove the presence of Land of Lightning from the country, as they have yet to move to take the land, and because of the Hokage’s own personal vendetta against him for something that happened in the past. Many on the council were not pleased with the outcome of the skirmish but knew there was nothing that could be done yet. While Hi no Kuni was flourishing, Kaminari no Kuni was still in the rebuilding stages. It was troubling times for the country, but, Daremo believed, once the storm passes, everything would be alright for them. They just had to weather it.

Dismissing the thoughts on what was approaching the country right now, Daremo got out of his chair and walked out of the room. A pair of Anbu flanking either side of him, only to disappear into the shadows the moment he stepped outside of the building. Dressed in a black kisode, matching hakama, and wooden geta; a black haori with the kanjis for ‘Raikage’ etched in silver embroidery was tossed on his shoulders. A few strands of silver hair peaked out from the Raikage hat the rested comfortably on his head as he walked through the village, heading to the location of the one who asked for him.

An Anbu appeared just as he made it to the location, informing him that the girl had gone one of the locate tea shops after a patron mentioned he like going there, before disappearing soon there afterward. With the new information in hand, Daremo headed towards the tea shop in question. The tea shop is one of his favorites as of late due to the quiet and home-like setting of it. Patrons of the shop acknowledged him as he entered, something which he returned before his eyes focused on the Kiri shinobi ordering at the counter. Another Kiri-nin within Kumo? Why was she there?

The question would be answered when the girl asked the waitress if she could point her in the direction of the Raikage. How curious. Was this the same girl who the Anbu mentioned was looking for him? Or was this someone else? Daremo did not know, but he was going to find out. The moment he got into range of the girl, he felt the dip in temperature, noting how it was cooler around her than the surrounding area, “If you are looking for the Raikage.”, he said, “You found him.” Citrine eyes looked at the child with curiosity, “I heard a child was looking for me. For what reason might that be?”, he asked.

Maeve

Maeve

C-rank

An Inquiry about Training [Daremo, or Invite Only] WiD8Yre

Words reached feline-shaped ears, and Maeve found herself turning gracefully as her gaze sought out the one who had spoken. She would take in his appearance for a moment even though his words indicated precisely who he was: the Raikage, the very person whom she had been seeking. It wasn’t often that Maeve felt smaller than what she was, she was used to her peers and comrades being larger than her in both height and bulk, but in that moment she felt particularly small and squishy: if the man wanted her dead she would be and there was simply nothing she could do about it - or so that was the vibe she immediately picked up on. This knowledge didn’t spark fear though, but rather a mixture of amusement and curiosity with an underlying hope that he would be the one who could solve her issue.

Ever the polite child she curtseyed respectfully and fluidly, as if she were indeed a cat moving with the sort of grace and fluidity that was common among the species. ”Hello. My name is Yuki, Maeve, a Chuunin from Kirigakure, and the adopted daughter of Hozuki Chigetsu.”, words were spoken in her usual sing-song voice as she stood once more, poised much like a ballerina with her fingers interlocked in front of her in a relaxed manner. There was no subtle shifting or twitching like with that of a normal child, but rather a kind of stillness that was nonetheless fluid - like a statue, only not. ”I have come here to inquire about medical training.”, she paused for but a moment, wondering exactly what she wanted to do say. She had gone through the words multiple times over again, and yet she hated admitting to a weakness within her village, yet it was the lack of highly trained medical nin that had brought her to Kumogakure in the first place. ”I find my village in short supply of shinobi who can teach me at the moment, and I have both a professional and personal investment in learning.”

Details, she assumed he would want them. While she hated speaking openly about the position her village was in, she was not against being honest about her own personally predicament. ”I was born with a genetic issue. Much like an organ transplant patient can reject the organ donated to them, on a genetic level my body does the same with my own organs. The damage can be rather vast if not handled appropriately, and unfortunately it targets my lungs most of all. It wasn’t an issue when I was younger, but I’ve now found myself in situations where I need the medical knowledge myself to fix the issue, or at least put off the symptoms until I can acquire proper help.” Was she admitting a definite weakness she had? Yes, she was. However, she was always taught that honesty was the best policy, and considering she had come here seeking him out, and likely drawn him away from other important matters, she figured that the Raikage should know the truth about it all.

As Maeve went silent she ran through the possibilities within her mind: he could turn her away, reject any idea of training her and make her leave the village, or he could help her himself or point her in the direction of someone who could. She really hoped he would agree to help. She had nothing to offer, she knew that much, even her station as being the Mizukage’s daughter gave her only limited bargaining chips. However, she was still a ten year old child, even if she did sound older than her age the majority of the time, so if nothing else she hoped he would help her just so she could work towards prolonging her own life. She knew the life of a Chuunin was a dangerous one, and she knew she could end up dying early due to her career choice, but she rather hoped that that death would come at the hands of another and she would be able to go down fighting rather than succumb to her disease because she lacked the knowledge to properly combat it.

From the corner of her eye she noticed the waitress coming towards her with the drink she had ordered, and her hand slipped into her pocket before the woman arrived, pulling forth the appropriate amount of ryo plus a generous tip: easier to do these days since she had a proper home and a roof over her head which meant less of having to scrap by on the streets. The drink was traded for the ryo with a generous ”Thank you., being given by Maeve before her gaze focused back on the man who in a lot of ways held her fate in his hands.
TOTAL WC
Total WC: 2,330

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.