You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fried Rice [Suu] Empty Fried Rice [Suu] Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:24 pm

Yoshihiro

Yoshihiro

B-rank
Fried Rice [Suu] Latest?cb=20150215164156

This is the Land of Rice. The name is self-explanatory.

Nestled between the Land of Hotsprings and the Land of Iron, this largely rural place is known for its rising stone spires that jut upwards from the earth, along which are build countless tiered rice paddies. Riding on a carriage from Konoha to the country's Hidden Village is quite a sublime experience. There is much for me to draw and sketch: farmers shin-deep in the water of their rice fields, livestock grazing, and the occasional temple or monastery nestled up on the craggy cliff faces. The people are all of an amicable disposition, save for some of the older generations.

I know from studying the archives of the Hidden Leaf Village that this is a land of both highs and lows. In the past, it was once known as the Land of Sound, a violent and dangerous place organized around the militaristic shinobi clans who ruled over it. The place was rife with corruption, with the nation's daimyo all but under the control of the legendary Orochimaru. Since the latter's disappearance from the history books, however, that dark period in history has ended. With a return to peacetime has come a much more relaxed and content nation, eager to try and avoid drawing attention to itself on the international stage. The people here do not like war, and for that, I cannot blame them.

I have come here for one reason: to meet with a potential teacher. Having won the Chunin Exams, and with my current skill, it seems as though some of the Tokujo of the Leaf are keen to bump me up to their rank sooner rather than later. My physical prowess is apparently at the benchmark, but I am still needing guidance to help make the jump in overall ability.

I will soon arrive in the Village Hidden in Rice. I hope that my teacher will be able to help instruct me further in the ways of the shinobi arts, and I hope I am able to live up to his expectations.

Ever your faithful travelling partner,
ジョーよしひろ

Yojo took some amount of solace in feeling the weight of his traveler's journal as as he hopped down from the top of the carriage. He tossed the drive a few ryo as a small tip, before turning to look at the village entrance. Large wooden doors were flung open, roped together by the sinews of bamboo, with a concrete wall similar to Konoha's bored into the mountain. From what the young Uchiha knew, Konoha had helped rebuild this Hidden Village in the wake of the 4th Shinobi World War, and there were subtle reminders of that everywhere, even centuries later. There was something about the overall feel of the village that seemed familiar to him, perhaps it was the layout our how the cornershops on the streets looked so similar. Indeed, the only real major difference from the Leaf Village were the large stone spires stretching upwards, with various bridges adding a vertical element not otherwise seen in the Land of Fire.

"Take that road to the center a town. Once ye get to the central spire, take the elevator up to the second level- you'll see the signs for the tavern there" the driver said, eyeing the ryo he had been tossed with a skeptical eye.

Yojo nodded silently, looking ahead at the rather busy street and starting his trek towards the major tavern for traveling shinobi: The Snake-Eater.

"Oi! I-I see him!" an excited and boisterous voice said as the sight of the Chunin appeared in their view. Strands of light from the blinders straddling the window eeked into the dark and musty room. They were somewhere up on one of the craggy cliffs overlooking the streets of the village below. "He's alone! If we all go now he won't be able to stop us!" the youngest voice said, clearly impatient.

"No. We'll wait for the teacher to come along. Two birds for one stone and all that. We'll only have one shot at this, after all" the more senior voice ordered, shooting the notion down. His gravelly voice sounded just two packs of cigarettes away from being virtual white noise. "Killing a prized Chunin, and a Tokujo will send a stronger message. These imperialists have to remember who we are and what we stand for..." the sensei instructed, feeling the warmth of the light outside gleam against his old head protector bearing a musical note.

"The Sound Village can never die, our actions will create echoes that last until the end of time"

781/781

2Fried Rice [Suu] Empty Re: Fried Rice [Suu] Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:50 pm

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank
“Hey pal. Your Dad isn't looking too good and, he’s hogging up a spot for more customers.” The bartender chastised the young man, slapping down his cleaning towel just shy of his mentor’s nose. The older gentleman besides Suutei was, for lack of a better term, 'hammered’.  The weight of his own head was too cumbersome to hold upright in a seated position. Suutei tried his best to reassure that his ‘father’ was ‘okay’. “We’ll be out of your hair soon. Please, just bear with us for a few minutes. I’ll even compensate you for the time spent.” The bartender obviously wouldn’t object to an under the counter bribe, but of course he had to put on a tough guy show. “You’ve got one hour. Tch.” He said before fleeing to the other end of the bar to service his other patrons.

“Honestly, Juunto-sama get yourself together. You’re embarrassing yourself and more importantly, you’re embarrassing me. My future potential student could show at any moment.” Suutei was only wasting his breath, the young man’s mentor was out for the count it would seem. Not to mention how much of a hassle moving deadweight would be. It was best to leave him at the bar, and see if he can catch his subordinate outside of the tavern. He grabbed his satchel, from the table, as well as his mentors’ wallet leaving only his ID. You never go anywhere with any money...So just sit tight hehe... Reaching into his satchel he pulled out a folder, that contained all the notable information he needed to know about this fledgling.

File wrote:

Joe, Yoshiro
Chuunin Exam Winner, Uchiha Descent
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 190 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Fried Rice [Suu] Chart?cht=r&chs=300x300&chdlp=r&chco=3399CC%2C80C65A&chxt=x%2Cy&chxr=0%2C0%2C6&chd=t%3A2%2C6%2C4%2C4%2C6%2C2%7C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0&chm=B%2CFF000080%2C0%2C0%2C0&chxs=0%2C2980b9%2C12%7C1%2Cffffff%2C0&chds=0%2C7&chxl=1%3A%7C0%7C1%7C2%7C3%7C4%7C5%7C6%7C7%7C0%3A%7CSTR%7CSPD%7CEND%7CPER%7CDEXFried Rice [Suu] Chart?cht=r&chs=300x300&chdlp=r&chco=3399CC%2C80C65A&chxt=x%2Cy&chxr=0%2C0%2C6&chd=t%3A2%2C6%2C3%2C1%2C1%2C2%7C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0&chm=B%2CFF000080%2C0%2C0%2C0&chxs=0%2C2980b9%2C12%7C1%2Cffffff%2C0&chds=0%2C7&chxl=1%3A%7C0%7C1%7C2%7C3%7C4%7C5%7C6%7C7%7C0%3A%7CKaton%7CF%C5%ABton%7CRaiton%7CDoton%7CSuiton

“He’s a year older than me that’s interesting, I wonder what held him back from promotion. Just a tad taller than me too.” He stroked his naked chin focused on the shinboi’s file. "I’ve got a good read on his abilities, but what about his personality. They really should do a better job getting a read of shinobi of new shinobi.” He tucked the file away leaning against the warm brick wall. The sun was now shining over the the town, giving it the most vibrant hue of colors. A surreal sight even for those without a sixth sense for capturing beautiful scenery. He steadied the camera carefully, without a tripod getting a good focused shot was more difficult than somebody would think.

*CLICK* The photo processed on the screen and came out crystal clear, nearly perfect by his standards. He zoomed in to get a closer look at all the details of the picture to see Joe was slowly approaching. “Oh, looks like he’s coming. Shouldn’t hurt if I meet him halfway.” The young man clipped his camera to his belt loop, approaching Joe at a small cabbage cart. “Kon'nichiwa, watashi wa Suuteidesu. Joe-san I’ve heard much about you, and I'm looking forward to building a good Student-Teacher relationship.” His words were sincere, his smile was bright, and his eyes still blue as the sky. He stretched out his hand to Joe, waiting for him to acknowledge his gesture of trust.

3Fried Rice [Suu] Empty Re: Fried Rice [Suu] Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:20 am

Yoshihiro

Yoshihiro

B-rank
Yojo walked along one of the tall bridges of the multi-level Hidden Village. He found it a tad hard to keep track of where he was going, he couldn't get over the sight of the town below straddling the canyon roads every which way. It seemed as though the entire village was built around these tiered platforms, with elevators and the like ferrying both people and goods up and down. People were coming and going along the suspended bridges and walkways, carrying their goods, running errands, and otherwise just doing what the average non-shinobi might do. There was one stranger in particular, however, who certainly caught the shinobi's eye rather quickly as they approached. Stalking forwards energetically from around a cabbage cart that had been rolling by, the figure came to a sudden stop that took Yojo off guard a tad. The bright smile, bright hair, and bright eyes were a heavy contrast to the more quiet and introverted dark colors that the Chunin wore often.

"AH! Yes. Hello" the young man instinctively said, though pausing quickly once the stranger said a barrage of formal languages. "Please never speak those words again. Thank you" he requested, honestly, who said konichiwa anymore? Still, he couldn't turn down the earnest shinobi's hand shake nor his rather upcast disposition. He looked the other teen over, noticing he was similar in years to him, if not a tad younger. That certainly felt a tad strange to the shinobi, even if he was the type to think that 'age isn't a number'... Though the more that he thought about it, that rule tended to only really apply to older women and middle-aged men. Gah, he was overthinking this- he always had a bad knack for that, for overthinking things.

"You are... Suutei Kimura? Yes?" he asked, making double sure that this was indeed the Tokujo sent to be his sensei for now. He still didn't know much about the clan, and even less about the Uchiha for that matter. From what he could tell, they had a natural inclination to using Katon, but beyond that, he knew virtually nothing about them. "They didn't tell me much about you. How do you describe yourself?" the teen asked, standing up straight with a hand resting on the swords at his hip.

When Suu finished his short blurb of introduction, Yojo would pause and hum a few times, processing the information. "Yes. I see. But is it true that the Kimua can pee fire?" he asked, holding his chin and speaking with the utmost seriousness. The biology of the chakra pathways system was something he had to know as a genjutsu user, this was valuable information! Plus, it was the kind of question he'd have asked the other orphans growing up. "So. What kind of activities do you have in mind for us? Sensei?" Yojo asked, seemingly having gotten over the irregularity of having a younger teacher than himself.

The older Sound Ninja placed a small machine on the table near the window of their decrepit shack. It was just one of the many shantytowns built against the craggy cliff faces of the Hidden Village, it was the perfect cover. The younger shinobi's eyes went wide as he saw the contraption be turned on, with a light humming sound emanating faintly as an ambient noise. "Is that what I think it is?" he asked, mouth ajar as he sloooooowly moved closer to inspect the machine.

"Careful you idiot! Do you want us passed out on the floor until the next crew come to find us?" the older man barked, causing the lad to scurry off a bit, giving a small pout in disappointment. With that ADD threat out of the way, the shinobi looked through the window again, "It'll all come down to chakra signatures- that's why we have to time this right. Everything has to happen like clockwork" he said, watching as the Sensei appeared in front of a local cabbage cart to meet with the wayward student. They looked so content, so relaxed, it made him feel sick- it's why he'd joined this organization after all, he was nauseous to see what his country had become after years of peace.

The old man's hand hovered over the machine. He picked up a microphone to speak into the short-range radio they had with them. "We're ready, just give the word" he stated, waiting in dreading anticipation as the ambient sound of the machine hummed idly. At last, the order came.

"Begin the operation. You have thirty minutes before we leave you for dead" a deep, gravelly voice said from the other side of the radio, distorted by static.

The old man nodded, and pressed the button on the machine, causing it to whirr to life.

817/1598

4Fried Rice [Suu] Empty Re: Fried Rice [Suu] Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:35 pm

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank
Fried Rice [Suu] D6ehE4O

“Ahem. Forgive me for the formalities. I suppose if we wish to build a strong bond, it’d be best to be less uptight huh.” He didn’t think what he said was a big problem, but Joe seemed a bit stand offish about it. Here he was already caving in to his students, bowing to his whims, as if he was the actual teacher. 'Relax. It’s your first student, don’t overthink this stuff. Stay cool.' He needed to reassure that he could earn the respect and trust of young Yoshihiro. He ran his fingers through his hair over his head, and smiled cocking his head slightly to the side. “You're much taller than I was expecting, Yoshihiro-san.” He said. The young man was pitiful when it came to small talk, probably why he still hasn’t had much luck with women.

He didn’t seem all that convinced that a man slightly younger, and shorter than him could possibly be his teacher. “Yes. I mean who else could I be? Well when I come to think about it, if I could be anyone? I’d probably be. OH! A penguin, they are the most adorable creatures ever” He cheered, unaware that is was making it harder and harder to be convincing to take him seriously. Although, to his surprise he still had some interest in Suutei, by noting that he wasn’t told much about him. Aside from the file provided to him from the Archive Library. Suutei was never really the shy type per se, but he just wasn’t the kind of guy to brag about himself.

“Hehe. It’s funny that you say that, because I don’t really know much about you either. There’ll be plenty of time for us to get to know each other though, don’t even worry about that. For now, let's grab a bite to eat my treat.” He deflected to speak about himself too much. Motioning his student to follow him back to The Snake-Eater. Things were smooth for the most part, as Yoshihiro hummed a tune during their walk back. That was until he asked the most bizarre question about his clan. “What the fuck?! Where did you hear something crazy like that?!” Suutei said his face flushed red from embarrassment; it wasn’t because the accusation was a lie. It was more so that who comes up with shit like that!

Once they stepped foot inside the Tavern, Suutei’s eyes averted directly to his passed-out Mentor. 'Aye, that man amazes me how he can get that drunk.' He sighed internally. “Excuse me!” He exclaimed attempting to get someone of the waiting staffs' attention. A girl with blonde hair pulled into two pig tails and mellow yellow eyes approached the two of them. “Hiya. Welcome to the Snake-Eater. Table for two?” She asked with a perky tone, more than likely a requirement of the job. Yet instead of directing the question to Suutei, she was looking at Yoshihiro and completely ignoring the one who summoned her. “Ahem! Yes, table for two please." He spoke up in a matter of fact tone. “Okee Doke. Right this way gentleman." She said, while retrieving two menus, before she led them to a booth. He was fortunate enough to have his Mentor in view from where he sat.

His student now seemed more interested in what his plan was as his Sensei. ‘Finally. Something I can answer that won’t make me feel awkward.’ He jeered with relief in his head. Things were finally moving better than anticipated, he surprisingly got over the peeing fire thing relatively quickly. “My plan as your Sensei is to make sure that you become not only a worthy and notable shinobi. Yet, I feel that it is my duty as your teacher to pass on my philosophies about being one with thyself. By striving to be the best you that you can be, understanding your self-worth that is. I’m confident that you will get a grasp of my teachings, through your determination, your sweat, and your blood. The first step will be proving your loyalty not only to the village, but to me as your Sensei. Understand?.” He spoke with such wisdom for lips so immature.

TOTAL WC

1252/1252

5Fried Rice [Suu] Empty Re: Fried Rice [Suu] Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:02 am

Yoshihiro

Yoshihiro

B-rank
Yojo blinked, looking down a tad as his sensei noted the disparity between them in height. Truthfully, he hadn't thought much about it. There were plenty of Chunin or Tokujo shorter than he, and he was fairly certain that he'd have his butt kicked by a fair number of them regardless of how tall they were! Still, he gave Suu a small nod, trying to be respectful in a way that probably was doing the opposite to an outside observor. Yojo was simply one of those people who swung wildly between socializing and needing to be left the hell alone to think and recharge. Right now, he was trying to force himself to be more of the former, even though he certainly felt more like the latter.

Using food to worm his way into Yojo's heart was a good place to start in building a relationship, it was something that the Chunin didn't need to be asked twice about before he began following Suu to the shop in question. The Snake-Eater was likely going to be their best bet to help keep a low profile for now, wandering around with Konoha head protectors was likely going to be a poor decision amongst the locals. Yojo hummed again as he saw Suu's reaction to his question, giving the same explosive and disbelieving response as Takao had. Hey, it didn't hurt to ask again, right? "The orphanage. there were plenty of rumors to pass the time for while Lord Takao was Hokage" Yojo stated, as if it was simply common knowledge.

The Chunin was spacing out a tad as the waitress came up to them both, asking Yojo in particular if the two of them were sitting in for a meal. Were it not for Suu's interjection, Yojo would probably have kept staring off with little focus to speak of. Fortunately, once the two were seated, things became a tad more straightforward. Suu seemed to speak more bluntly and more purposefully, thankfully. Yojo gave a small nod as he explained what it was that he was aiming to try and teach. Determination and a goal of being a notable shinobi were fine and dandy, and they weren't ones that Yojo could ever bring himself to shrug off. The Chunin gave a small nod, as well as a small smile, in acknowledgement.

As he opened his mouth again to speak though, something... strange, began to happen.

It started off soft and low, like a gentle breeze. To a shinobi, though the strange sound emanating through the air was far more significant than what any commoner might've noticed. Yojo frowned, looking out the window of their booth down at the elevated city and canyon streets below. The sound gradually grew louder, transforming into a piercing frequency that pounded on one's eardrums in a way that almost sounded supersonic. It was enough to get Yojo to yelp, wincing as he felt the sound begin to overtake him. He saw the commoners start to fall to the ground outside the Snake-Eater, collapsing in a heap with closed eyes. One by one they dropped like mayflies.

Sensing something was wrong, the Chunin blinked and held his eyes closed for a moment before unveiling his modest one-Tomoe sharingan. Sure enough, a rippling pulse of chakra was vibrating through the air every which way. It was a genjutsu, one with an audio trigger by the sound of it. These canyons and craggy platforms were perfect for allowing for sound to bounce for miles un-pertubed. However, what kind of monstrously powerful genjutsu was capable of affecting so many people over such a wide area? It seemed unfathomable! Yojo, feeling his body beginning to feel faint looked back to Suu. "Kiai!" he grunted in a huff, freeing his sensei from the genjutsu and hopefully allowing him to do the same to him before the Chunin went under.

"Is this part of your training? Sensei!?" Yojo asked, pulling himself out of the booth and past the unconscious forms of the waitress and the old mentor... Who somehow seemed unaffected by the genjutsu- and was instead just asleep like he was before. "I-I've never heard of such a potent genjutsu. What's going on?" the shinobi asked, looking back to the other Leaf shinobi. Yojo paused, waiting for some kind of order or command on what to do next, but before either of them could get too comfy, a new voice was heard over the ringing genjutsu waves.

"Shinobi of Konoha! Enemies of peace! Come outside and face the fury of the defenders of the Village of Hidden Rice!" an old, gruff, voice called out.

Yojo frowned, his sharingan still active as he looked to the front of the restraunt. He could vaguely see a large chakra signature waiting for them outside, as well as some smaller, insignificant ones squirming about in confusion. The conclusion took a moment for him to interpret, "There's one major enemy out there along with what must be some civillians watching- some who were immune to the genjutsu... It's all very strange" Yojo summarized, turning to look to his sensei.

"How do you want to do this? Fight? Flight? Or create your own option 3?" he asked, tilting his head as the tense seconds ticked away.

896/2494

6Fried Rice [Suu] Empty Re: Fried Rice [Suu] Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:33 am

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank
Fried Rice [Suu] D6ehE4O

Prior to their meeting here Suutei did a bit of research on the Yoshihiro, but he was pretty much undocumented prior to the Chuunin Exams. Nothing notable to add to his record that seemed noteworthy, until the past Chuunin Exams many of the A-Rank Jounin took notice of him. He showed exceptional skill throughout the trials. Sadly, where Suutei glorified his skills the higher ranking Jounin were after other things. It was a miracle that his cousin allowed him to teach again, and rejoin the ranks of Konohagakure. He’d do his best to protect this young man from those who’d wish to exploit his gift. 'He will need guidance, but I see a lot of potential.' He had high hopes for his student, he could sense untapped potential in him.

“Whew! I'm starving, wonder what they’ve got to eat here.” He said shifting his tone. He took a glance over the menu, yet nothing was catching his eye. Speaking of his eyes he wavered a bit while staring at the menu. Starting to see double for a short while he laid the menu flat. He wasn’t feeling too hot as he waved his hands in front of his face. Able to see the trails of motion from his hand, almost like the world was moving in slow motion. He looked around to see if anyone else was acting strange, but when he checked mostly everyone was passed out. “Yo-shi...Yoshihiro-san. I-I think...-t-there...is...a Genju-” He stopped abruptly.

The world went dark and everything went quiet, there was not a shade of color in sight. Suutei fell straight onto the floor while he was transitioning from his seated position. He’d used most of his energy freaking out about what had just transpired. The last thing he could remember was an unsettling high-pitched tone piercing through his eardrum. It was similar to the ringing sound one heard following an explosion. If he hadn’t been in such a frenzy, he could have warned Yoshihiro-san, but at the same time, he’d doubt that even his student would have been quick enough to react to the Genjutsu. At least that’s what he believed, unfortunately, doubting his quick-witted student.

The world came back into color, his senses started coming back to him. He tried wiggling his big toe, within his thick boots. He felt the smooth material of his socks, and fortunate enough, he still had his sense of touch. He blinked a few times till his vision came back into focus, noticing the black haze that was spreading across the ceiling. He took one whiff immediately identifying it with burning egg noodles. He jumped to his feet with a sense of urgency, “Yoshihiro, do what you can to make sure the civilians are out of harm's way in a secured area.” He commanded while holding his index finger and middle finger in the shape of a T. A faint chime and a burst of white smoke cascaded over him, before dissipating and revealing his two other identical beings.

The shadow clone technique was a simplistic technique used for tackling multiple situations. Suutei A and B would assist Yoshihiro with evacuating all of the unconscious patrons. Suutei C took a quick glance at the bar, taking note that his Mentor had slipped out without being noticed. ‘As to be expected from you Juunto-sama.’ He thought to himself a smirk spread across each of their faces simultaneously. “These clones will assist you with evacuation, your primary objective is securing the civilians and minimizing casualties. Once that is done you will regroup with me, I’ll-” Suutei C was interrupted by someone's voice outside The Snake Eater calling out to them.

“Great now I won’t have to struggle to find the bastards.” His eyes averted to the source of the voice, but instead of his irregular blue eyes, it looked as if his Iris was being set ablaze. As they shifted to a vibrant and warm orange-yellow color. His pupil shifting to a more reptilian-like oval shaped slit. “I count three roaming figures, but I’m not seeing any others. They couldn’t seriously be mounting an attack with such a small presence.” He said, puzzled about this small groups motives. Suutei was almost certain that the only shinobi presence here was, Yoshihiro, and himself. “I’ll probe them for answers you take the clones, and get these people somewhere safe.” He directed Yoshihiro to the kitchen, where he was confident he’d find the door for deliveries.  

Suutei approached the entrance slowly, being cautious of the possibility they possessed prowess in sensory. He pressed his hands against the door, deactivating his Dojutsu, regaining his natural eye color. He pushed open the doors, taking in the scene of unconscious pedestrians lining the streets. “I hope you all are able to explain your actions. As of now, I’ve deemed you all as a C-Rank threat, and I am now responsible for detaining you. However, if you choose to persist with whatever it is you are doing here. I will be forced to assess you as B-Rank threats, and dispose of you properly for the sake of this Villages’ safety.” He spoke with a leveled and powerful tone in his voice. He didn’t plan on hesitating to eliminate them for their terrorist activities.

TOTAL WC

912/2157

Last edited by Suutei on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total

7Fried Rice [Suu] Empty Re: Fried Rice [Suu] Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:22 pm

Yoshihiro

Yoshihiro

B-rank
At hearing his sensei's instruction, Yojo didn't wait to get moving. Undoing his Konoha headband and retying it around his forehead, he gave a swift nod to his master before making his way to the nearby window. He looked over his shoulder to his master, "Be careful, sensei!" he warned, before leaping off onto one of the nearby suspended platforms to begin rounding up those who had passed out during the widespread genjutsu. He had to trust his sensei to take care of himself, especially when communication would be difficult with Yojo rounding up the injured.

The old man wheezed, feeling a sudden pain in his abdomen as he stood there defiantly in front of the Snake Eater. He'd come to this place as a boy, it was a place his father had told him of the glorious exploits of the Village Hidden in Sound. They were like a light to hold onto for warmth while the rest of the world continued to decay. It was a light he was determined to keep alive for his grandchildren- that was why he'd volunteered for this mission while his youngest grandson stayed behind to man the filter.

If he didn't die today as a martyr, then he'd inevitably be forced into some bed by his daughter where his cancer could eat away at him. He would not let that happen. He was a shinobi, a ninja of the Hidden Sound Village!

He watched as the young Leaf ninja stepped out of the tavern. Good, he was choosing to appear in front of him, it was exactly as how Number Zero had planned it. Suutei appearing and speaking to the old shinobi in a challenging tone would be the next trigger.

The high pitched sound that had initiated the first genjutsu became altered, this time becoming a lower and more subtle pulsating beat that echoed through the acoustive valleys of the village. "Stay back! He's carrying a bomb!" the old man yelled. Sure enough, the bystanders who were present bought the genjutsu, seeing a multitude of Explosive Tags attached to the Leaf ninja's chest. No matter who vigorously Suutei would shout down the accusation, the reality that the civilizans were trapped under remained totally incompatible with his own.

They hadn't needed to knock ALL of the villagers unconscious- only enough to spark confusion and fear of an attack... An attack that was swiftly being laid at the feet of Suutei. Though, it was troubling to see his student not present. Where was the young Chunin that had come only half an hour ago? No matter, in a moment, all of that would no longer be his problem.

"One voice may be silenced, but their words will echo on for eternity!" the old man shouted, his voice booming through the canyons before he threw himself forward. He sprinted with every cell in his leg's muscles, with every jutsu he'd trained for his one dash, with every burst of speed his aged form had left in the tank. In a blink, he would be upon the Leaf Shinobi. Only as he tapped the side of his leg mid-dash, would his true intent be revealed to Suutei.

His entire body was covered head to toe with Explosive Tags.

The old man closed his eyes, his nerves steeled, awaiting the embrace of death. He had done his duty, his country would be free.

A magnificent and terrifying explosion erupted along the large wooden platform that the Snake Eater was built into. The shockwave reverberated throughout the entire village and beyond into the countryside, the blast incinerating the platform as well as the suicide bomber who triggered it. Fire tore through the surrounding area, eating up buildings as well as civilians- though most were shieled from the blast by the old Sound Ninja's 'sacrifice', causing them to watch in awe and horror at the sight.

The mahogany wood and planks would crack and groan, a calamitous 'snap' sound ringing through the air next as the platform began to give way. Snapping the bridges it was connected to, the whole structure shook, like an entire city block was falling from the top of a skyscraper, bulldozing everything beneath as it descended to the bottom in a fiery explosion of destruction. Civillians screamed, a teary eyed grandson watched from a dimly lit room next to a strange contraption, and the entire village was physically shaken to its very foundations.

Huge plumes of ash and smoke billowed upwards in the aftermath of the blast. Creating a dark and red-tinted sky overhead. The village would be in chaos, and the only certainty afforded to them would be of the voice that would come to speak. Their words would echo through the valley and canyons of the village, speaking from everywhere and nowhere all at once in the aftermath of the attack.

"We have waited, we have warned you, and we have seen the flames of evil growing closer and closer to our homeland" it said, its voice monotone and somehow managing to speak without any real emotion. "Everywhere, the world grows smaller with each day- the Minor Nations are exploited by the Majors. They do not care for us, they look down at us, they slaughter us silently and without nary a glance. They expect us to live in their shadow while they kill with impunity" the strange voice said, their words petrifying and yet empowering the villagers listening. "No more. This is our country, and it will be ruled by our people- not by the puppets of daimyo and the whims of far off Kage! We will not live in the shadows of the Leaf, nor the Earth, nor the Wind, nor the Thunder, nor the Sea! We shall have our place in the Sun! We shall be free!" it shouted, its voice booming through every open space in the village.

"Rise! Rise brothers and sister! The time has come to take up arms and reclaim what was once lost! The Land of Rice is weak and corrupt, the time has come to reclaim our heritage as conquerors!" it shouted, large swathes of the populace still in shock from the bombing that had occured that very day.

"The Village Hidden in Sound has returned!" the voice declared, earning cheers and chants of support. The atmosphere around the city plungign further into uncertainty as a nerve was struck by the monotone voice's outburst of emotion. "To War! We shall have freedom or death! One voice may fall, but their deeds shall echo for eternity!" it shouted.

And so began what would in time be known as 'The Snake Eater's War', the Civil War between the Land of Rice, and the Land of Sound.

Yojo held a hood tightly over his head, keeping himself obscured as the streets descended into anarchy. Keeping his head low, he stuck to the back allies and dark corners, making his way to the ruins of the Snake Eater Tavern. He hadn't been there when the bombing happened, he'd only heard the blast- yet by the time he'd turned around, the ruins of the building were a smoldering ruin of fire and ash. that left one question in his head...

What had happened to Suutei?

1225/3719

Last edited by Yoshihiro on Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Fried Rice [Suu] Empty Re: Fried Rice [Suu] Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:54 am

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank

Fried Rice [Suu] D6ehE4O

Suutei was in a stare down with the elderly gentleman, but it didn’t seem like he was willing to heed the young man's warning. He wasn’t particularly fond of fighting the elderly, especially those that bore a resemblance to his late Grandpa. ‘God, why does it have to come to this old man. Please just don’t make any stupid ass decisions.’ Suutei pleaded from within his mind, hoping to avoid having to end the old man. “Listen! I’ll only say this one more ti-” He stopped midsentence to observe a loose tag hanging loosely from beneath his pant leg. The young man’s eyes shot wide open when he recognized the pattern of symbols and nearly went into a panic. “DON’T YOU DARE TAKE ANOTHER STEP!” He commanded the suicidal old man.

Suddenly he could hear the same screeching noise pierce through his eardrums, but this sound had a lot more reverb when it resonated. Suutei went unaffected this time by the sound, inching towards the old man while keeping up his technique to cancel out the Genjutsu. “Now come closely whatever is the problem, I’m sure that there is something that can be done, BUT it can’t be this Gram-” he was interrupted again by the old man running towards him at full charge. For some strange reason, he called out to the citizens, as if he was warning them of a threat. He directed the attention of the civilians to him. It made no sense though why would they need to be wary of him, the man with the bomb was clearly the old man.

‘WHOA NO NO NO!’ He panicked from within his mind, as his body froze in place. He felt himself about to go into shock for the second time in his life. ‘NOT AGAIN NO NOT AGAIN!’ He cried yet not a sound came from his mouth, as the elderly man left his feet diving towards Suutei. The young man’s legs refused to move like they didn’t belong to him, and instinctively all he could do was hold his hands up. This was it this was how his tale would end, at such a young and early age at that. He closed his eyes bracing himself for the inevitable impending doom that would follow the explosion. The young man would experience his final moments right here, right now in this village as he felt the clasp of the old man around his waist.

BOOM! A loud inaudible sound was all that could be heard, the young man’s eyes shot open in disbelief. He didn’t feel a thing as he looked around only to see lush vegetation, and animals scampering away from the loud noise. “Huh!?! What’s going on!” He exclaimed his head swayed back and forth, side to side in dismay. “Would you relax kid. I’ve always told you that you’re too high strung.” He heard a familiar voice filled the air, but couldn’t pinpoint the source. That was until he felt someone's hand slam down on his shoulder as they belched, tarnishing his sense of smell with the smell of whiskey.

The young man screamed instinctively as he was startled by his Mentor’s sudden appearance. The man ignored his pupil's sudden outburst, “Soooo. I see the meeting with your first student went well.” He spoke sarcastically while drawing his pipe from within his fashionable pink kimono. “Don't remember our first meeting being this explosive, what do you think Suutei-san.” The man dared to poke fun at the act of terrorism, the same act of terrorism HIS pupil nearly fell victim to right before his eyes. “You cold bastard! I could have almost died!” He shouted kicking his Mentor in the shin. “Ow, you damn brat!” His Master yelped in agony his legs being his only vulnerability due to past incidents.

Speaking of students Suutei focused his attention back on the burning Snake Eater Tavern. “What the hell was that all about anyway. Sensei, you go on ahead I have to find Yoshihiro-san. I have to at least make sure he is safe.” He sprinted back into the town heading making his way around back of the Snake Eater. He spotted his student winding the opposite side of the ruined building and was relieved to see that he was unscathed. He had an uneasy demeanor about him, one that he wasn’t too sure about, but he wasn’t entirely sure what his problem was. He must have learned something in that short span of time that they were separated. Suutei approached the Chuunin in order to give him new orders.

“I can see that you are uneasy Yoshihiro-san. I’ll be honest with you, I myself am a bit shaken about this whole ordeal. The Hidden Sound Village was once a Minor Village during the Era of Heroes. Why they chose to make such a loud comeback, I’m not entirely sure, but we need to regroup and return home. This place is no longer safe and Lord Hokage will need to be notified of what is happening.” Suutei had become a bit more level with the situation, putting his level of situational awareness on display. The village was in disarray, and he had a feeling thing would get worse the longer they stuck around. It was in Yoshihiro’s best interest that he listened to Suutei and actually came along without asking too many questions.

TOTAL WC

926/3083

9Fried Rice [Suu] Empty Re: Fried Rice [Suu] Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Yoshihiro

Yoshihiro

B-rank
Yojo heard footsteps behind him as he stood at the smoldering ruins of the Tavern. Instinctively, he whipped around, holding a Kunai and assuming a set position. It was only once his gaze came upon Suutei that he let out a sigh of relief. "Gods, you need to give me some warning next time you're going to do that" the Chunin said, bemoaning the way that the Tokujo had snuck up on him a tad. He slid his kunai back into his pouch and looked around the area. There were sounds of distant fighting and shouts that echoed down the valleys that that Village was built into. It was still somewhat quiet, but this was only the calm before the storm. For now, just being seen wearing a Leaf head protector was a death sentence. Once Suutei spoke again, Yoshihiro was forced to shake his head to try and get a word in.

"Much has happened since we last spoke, Sensei. It may still be the same day, but as the petals of the cherry blossoms fall to the foreign ground, so is out current circumstance" he explained in a typically wordy and rambling way. He had to speak more concise so that the younger shinobi could understand the predicament they were in. "From what I have gathered, the same genjutsu we nearly fell asleep under was the first part in a larger ploy. That suicide bomber that leapt at you, the people who saw it happen believe that YOU were the bomber and that the old man was protecting the other villagers. It was a bait and switch. We've been used as pawns since the moment we stepped into the Village" he explained, speaking what he'd heard from tense conversations between terrified villagers. It was the popular perception of what had happened.

Yojo looked up and down the street that they were on. "After you disappeared, someone spoke to the entire village and convinced them that the Leaf and the other Major Villages are conspiring to manipulate them and the other Minor Nations like a puppet master. In the wake of the bombing, huge swathes of people have joined their cause and made way to the Old Sound Ninja Offices to the south of the city... That's not the bad part yet though, for us at least" Yojo said quickly but clearly, trying to stay calm and convey the severity of their situation without it sounding like disrespect or insubordination to his teacher.

"The country's borders have been closed, as have the gates to the Hidden Village. No one can get in or out anymore. They have shinobi patrolling the area... Which means that whoever planned all this has done so well ahead of time and with the intent to keep communication restricted to the outside world" Yojo said, pausing as he waited to see how his sensei was taking the information. "We're stuck in here, Sensei" he stated, hoping that it hammered the point home. There was no going back to Konoha now, they'd never make it to the border, let alone cross it undetected.

There was a loud sound form nearby, a clattering of metal that caused Yojo to look over his shoulder. "We need to get off the streets. We're away from the front lines, but patrols are still scouring for Leaf Shinobi. This leader has put out a bounty for them- for us... I've met a family who are willing to shelter us. It's one of the villagers who we rescued after passing out. They can be trusted, and what's more- we can send Carrier Pigeons from the rooftop back to Konoha for further instruction" Yojo said, turning to point toward the alleyway he'd come back to the ruins of the Tavern from. "The old man who lives there seems in tune with the popular sentiments of the people. He'd be able to explain this Civil War than I can" he stated, waiting to see what his sensei would decide. Yojo had tried to get out of the city as quick as he could, but there was no getting past the numbers of patrols that were scanning the outskirts. The only saving grace they had was that most people thought they were dead... Including their enemies, for now at least.

728/4447

10Fried Rice [Suu] Empty Re: Fried Rice [Suu] Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:36 pm

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank
Fried Rice [Suu] D6ehE4O

Suutei took a moment to take all of this information in, trying to process this new intel. What could have motivated this group to overrun this village, and why was the Hokage not made aware of what was brewing. It was good that his student had such a high level of deduction, it would serve him well in his own escapades. The bombing of the snake eater was a complete misunderstanding, but there was no way either of them could convince this village of such. Coupling that with the Facists propaganda being spewed by the Sound Ninja, it wasn’t likely they’d be able to explain their side anyhow. If he could somehow present himself his living body to the masses, they would understand that they’ve been fooled.

“Yoshihiro-san, I don’t think you are hearing me clearly. We are just TWO Shinobi of the Leaf, it would be suicide to remain here any longer. All we have to do is catch up to a colleague of mine that is currently en route to the border. Once we rendezvous with him in the forest, we will definitely be able to cover our asses. Our objective is not to stay here it is to return to Konohagakure, and amass a fighting force that will allow us to retake the village.” Suutei said trying to better explain what the options they were being given. He clenched his fist tightly in the event he would need to subdue Yoshihiro-san. “Does that make sense to you now!” He tried yelling in a quiet whisper in order to not giveaway their position.

He looked back in the direction from which he came, where could see his Mentor running through the thickets. It didn’t appear to be any heat signatures that would intersect with his path, and this was good it meant they had an escape route. Suutei wasn’t at all worried about his Mentor making it out of the small country, nor was he concerned with his own ability to retreat. His one and only problem lied with his defiant student. “I understand your motive to want to help these people, but as the situation worsens, you’ll harm the very people whom you seek to aid. But one thing is certain Yoshihiro, none of these people are to be trusted.” Suutei continued to chastise his student while fixing his eyes on Yoshihiro’s, his irises were cackling in harmony with the burning Snake Eater. ‘You are failing the first test I’ve ever given you.’ He thought to himself as his spirit diminished.

TOTAL WC

435/3518

11Fried Rice [Suu] Empty Re: Fried Rice [Suu] Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:25 pm

Yoshihiro

Yoshihiro

B-rank
Yojo frowned a deep and all too judgmental frown. If they left now, they'd be giving up all the potential to investigate with the assumption that they were dead. It was the perfect scenario for clandestine work. Despite that, it was one that Suutei seemed vehemently against, preferring to revert to the tried and true tactic of retreating to Konoha, raising an army, and invading to bring peace before this civil war spiraled out of control. "If these people see a Leaf army invade their land, then this terrorist will have been truly right all along. They'll be viewed as heroes, and there will be no hope in returning to the original status quo. They will accept nothing more than a revolution if it means throwing off what they think is the chains of the Leaf. Regardless of how you, or I, or anyone of Konoha may see it, that is what will happen here. I know, I have talked with good people, good people I trust" the Chunin replied, letting that final word ring for a tad.

He paused for a moment, seeing the anger and frustration in Suutei's gaze as the flames of the burning ruins lit up the area around them. "You are going to attack me, if I do not come back with you" he stated, letting his frown remain. "I would not win. For that alone, I have no choice but to do what you wish, even if it means giving up a tactical advantage in intelligence collecting" he continued, eyeing the clenched fist and hard gaze that the younger male gave him with no hidden amount of disdain. For the first time in his life, Yojo felt a disappointment and disillusionment with the Hidden Leaf Village. Was this truly their first response? To raise an army and enforce their will like tyrants? It was the impression that Suutei had given him. "However, I see clearly now that you can be no sensei of mine. You will never be. I don't think anyone can when they will only get in my way" he said, gesturing to the broken road. "If there is no one here you can trust, not even me, then go home. I will follow you, but that will be the end of my trust in you" Yojo replied, waiting for Suutei to take the lead, and beginning the long trek back to the Leaf border.

He had been shaken tonight, only time would tell how deep those tremors would reach.

424/4871

[EXIT]

Total WC: 4871

• Training B-Rank Jutsu, 'Sky King's Tomb': 1500/1500
  • Training B-Rank Jutsu, 'Flash of Green': 1500/1500
  • Training B-rank Jutsu, 'Lightning God's Naraka': 1500/1500

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.