You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Haka Osada

Haka Osada

Retired
Crouching Spiders, Hidden Mist [Kaito Osoroshi] Throne10
The Ballroom

Sitting on the stone throne in front of the giant scales sat Haka, wearing a simple yet elegant white dress, one leg resting over the other, feet bare. Her head rested on her hand as the crimson eyes gazed before her without any particular focus. Sunken in thought as the aranean queen brainstormed about the future of the Spider Clan. The construction of the underground lair was an endeavour not to be taken lightly. Giving shapes to the rooms was not the hardest part for the spider in human form, but there was a need for knowledge she didn't possess - architecture. Simply digging under the foundations of the manor was not an option. She could not afford the building to collapse due to careless constructions, leaving her with the problem to find an architect in Kirigakure brave enough to step on Spider Island and expendable enough to have his secrets be taken to his grave.

Her stream of thoughts would only briefly be interrupted by the piano music played at the hands of her Shadow clone. The clone translating the monster's true nature and aura into sombre, hair-raising tones of predatory music notes vying on the ears of those within its vicinity. A hobby the arachnid had picked up a year ago. A strangely humane pass-time for the spider otherwise abiding by the hardships of the Spider School, as taught by Sero Osada.

The Lord of this mansion was currently occupied with his own studies, searching for answers on questions Haka knew nothing about. Father and daughter showing a similarity in purpose as both were now working on preparations for their future trials. Ironically, this left the spider to deal with possible visitors seeking lessons whereas this task was generally undertaken by the Spider Sage himself. Another curious shift of power on Spider Island that left the arachnid guessing to what Sero was up to...

Piano music:

Last edited by Haka Osada on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kaito Osoroshi

Kaito Osoroshi

D-rank
Kaito couldn't help it, he'd heard the rumors and in all fairness he knew it would have been the wiser choice not to venture to such a place. Still, as he moved to rest his ear upon the faded and grey bark of the ancient looking oak tree sitting at the heart of the front garden of Osada Manor on this strange island, a part of him still hoped the rumors would be true. Could the voices of the damned be heard from within this tree? Was he even allowed to step from the stone walkway and come so close as to touch something he most likely shouldn't be? Was he a fool for coming here to begin with?

His eyes grew dim as he focused on the tree, hearing nothing as he stood there, still as the mist that hung over the entire island. The only sound was a trail of spiders coming ever closer to his face rested against the bark of the oak tree. Were the spiders coming toward him? Or was he just imagining them? Moving to take a closer look, the young genin blinked and they were gone, causing him to give a sigh of relief. Kaito was not afraid of spiders by any means, but rumors were rumors and a clan as prominent as the Osada clan always had hidden talents better left to the dark. He couldn't afford to be careless.

Returning his ear to the old withered bark, Kaito noticed movement in the mist coming from the other side of the tree in his direction. He was about to move, suddenly feeling a sense of dread wash over him as his vision blurred and he could feel things crawling over his face, eyes, and in his mouth. In the split second it took him to start clawing at his eyes and choking on whatever was in his mouth, he heard them, the screams, more like distant groans of pain, but he still felt a skull piercing pain shoot through the back of his head as he feel backwards, hitting himself against the stone pathway.

It was spiders, all over him, they were everywhere, under his clothes, crawling across his skin. The smaller ones were just pouring out of his mouth and Kaito would have swore he could feel them crawling inside his eyelids and nasal cavity. Somehow they were both coming out of and deeper into his throat, falling in crawling clumps into his lungs and stomach. His body began to vomit, attempting to force the invaders from his body, but the bile just met with the spiders and sat there in his stomach, leaking upward into his mouth and burning his nostrils with the acidic taste.

Crying out now, Kaito began to feel the spiders biting into him, causing his flesh to swell and boil, before bursting with yet more spiders. Clawing his fingernails into the stone walkway, breaking his nails and drawing blood in the process, Kaito could feel himself dying. The pain was more than anything he'd ever experienced, and he would have given anything for someone to just come along and kill him to end his suffering.

Just as the light began to fade, Kaito was snapped out of the genjutsu by a young woman, before he feel backwards from the tree, hitting his head against the walkway for real this time. Sitting up, the young woman who'd released him from the Genjutsu stood over him, a slight sneer on her lips as she offered the young Hidden Mist Shinobi a hand as he made his was to his feet. She was likely a servant of the Osada clan by the looks of her, pretty in an odd way that gave Kaito chills, but she didn't say anything to him about what he'd done, or the fact she'd likely saved him from some sort of horrible fate.

"I was just-" Kaito began, attempting to explain his actions, the last thing he needed was to offend a clan like the Osada, but the woman cut him off before he could say much of anything.

"Tyrannis Haka will see you in the ballroom." Whoever this servent was, Kaito knew better than to keep talking. The only option she'd given him was to shut his mouth and follow in foot, so that was exactly what he did, keeping up with the woman's brisk pace.

Kaito made the mistake of looking back at the seemingly dying oak tree, only to find a rather large looking spider sitting on the trunk. The thing had to be at least a foot wide, and he couldn't help but feel it's many eyes staring into him. Kaito didn't normally fear spiders, but with the uneasy feeling that this spider had somehow done whatever sort of genjutsu that was.

Taking a second glance back at the tree, the spider was gone, causing the young Genin to shudder as the Mist set in behind him, obscuring the tree from view as the servant leading him opened the large oaken doors to the manor. Some sort of instinctual urge told him to run, to not enter this place, and to never come back, but he had come here for a reason, his presence here held a purpose.

If he was going to become the type of shinobi he needed to be, Kaito was going to be required to go to many locations where he might not survive the visit. He was a shinobi of the Hidden Mist, fear had no place to sway his mind, no place to dictate the path that he walked. After all, the Osada Clan was apart of the Hidden Mist, they were allies of his, comrades even, he had nothing to fear from being here, right?

The haunting sound of a piano somewhere within the beautifully decorated interiors called to him, almost beckoning him deeper into the abyss as the Osada servent led him through the entrance hall. Kaito heard the crack of thunder as a flash of lighting lit the arched windows, illuminating both him and the strange woman in indigo light from the stained glass windows.

The etheral blue light, offered only a momentary glance at the finer details of the manor. Kaito's eyes had managed to dart directly to another line of spiders crawling up the stairs. It was an ominous call to explore this strange and enchanting place, one that caused him to shudder in trepidation as well as challenging his will to keep following the woman in front of him, but he had a purpose here.

The sound of the piano got louder once they entered the ballroom, a large stone throne set prominently against the pillared background. Atop this thrown sat a similarly beautiful and dangerous looking woman Kaito could only assumed to be Tyrannis Haka, the very person he knew he must make his request off.

Kaito's gaze was stolen from the woman on the thrown as he noticed she was also the one playing the piano not to far from where the servant woman was leading him. Realizing it was likely a simple shadow clone, Kaito averted his gaze back to the woman deep in thought on the thrown. The servant made a short bow before introducing him.

"Tyrannis Haka, a genin, Osoroshī, Kaito, seeks an audience." Kaito watched both woman shortly, under if he should bow, but also suprised this woman knew who he was. How could she, she had barely let him speak two words since she broke that genjutsu.

Frozen in place, not wanting to offend the leader of the Osada Clan, Kaito waited to be spoken too before speaking. It would have been dishonorable not to allow this, Tyrannis, Haka Osada to speak first. Almost as if she'd had the same thought Kaito had had, the servant remained motionless and silent as well, waiting to be dismissed.

WC: 1332

Better Music :

Haka Osada

Haka Osada

Retired
Her music would play on even as a servant stepped inside the ballroom, bringing with her a human visitor. It wasn't often the manor received visitors and even less so the case in a moment as this. With Sero occupied with personal business, it often felt as if darkness had its own will. Freed of the Lord's control. Imagination driven by fear, most likely, but Haka knew that the island and the manor were tightly knot with the Lord himself. Still, in the eyes of the spider who found Humans poor creatures having forsaken evolution, it remained a remarkable feat to see one drudge through the island as it was licking its wounds and seeking a moment of rest in an otherwise turmoiled existence.

Osoroshī Kaito, genin of Kirigakure. Hearing the introduction her surprise was dimmed, the shinobi of Kirigakure granted a certain protection by the grace of her father's will. A select few among the humans she was not entitled to prey upon. A pity, as she had found most genin up until now rather lacking in power and potential. Strangers wading the land, satisfied they could navigate the concealing mists of Kirigakure. Proud to wear a dumb forehead protector, naive enough to rely more on the symbol than on their own strength. The sort whom would fail the Bloody Mist, were that principle of power still existing.

She'd give a slight nod to the servant from where she was seated, the lady of the manor acknowledging the information. The spiders of Sero's creation were vigilant, their ability to gather information proven once again today as the boy looked rather surprised at how many they already knew. She would leave her seat on the throne, the music of her clone playing a sudden sinister tone as if to denote the downfall of the visitor for having disturbed her in her thoughts, and step closer to the genin before her. He looked about her age when it came to human appearances, but his rank betrayed his lack of experience in the field. A mere pawn yet to be tested within the ruthless ranks of Kiri's shinobi.

"My father is occupied and not to be disturbed.", she'd tell him plain and simple, her voice calm and soft as the mists that plagued the island. Her face, much like her heart, apathetic. A mask revealing nothing of her judgement over him, the patience of the wolf spider she truly was merely observing him. Gauging his strength of will, his reaction, tasting his fear. She'd halt a meter before him, red eyes fixated on him, her monstrous aura cloaking the surrounding area like a monster breathing down the neck of a possible appetiser. "Why have you come here?"

She'd hold still as she waited for his answer. A young and regal presence despite the inhumanity she lived by.

Total: 803

OOC: Just a small correction. Haka is not leader of the Osada clan. That's Sero Osada. Haka is leader of the Unmei :P

Kaito Osoroshi

Kaito Osoroshi

D-rank
Kaito couldn't help but give off a slight grin as the music changed. It wasn't so much that the woman before him wasn't intimidating that made it amusing, it was more that she felt the need to intimidate him further. Intimidation was a valuable tactic for anyone, especially for shinobi, and even more so for shinobi of a clan such as the Osada. Intimidation could inflate power, change the tide of wars, or even win them outright. For someone that understood the power of intimidation though, they saw it for what it really was, nothing more than a tactic to meet and end.

The question however, was not why Haka Osada would want to intimidate someone like him, Kaito understood the need for a powerplay here, it was practically required, no, the real question was what purpose it served. What was the end the woman in front of him sought by using this tactic. As with most things for a low ranking shinobi such as Kaito Osoroshī, this was a test, and the key to passing was in his reply. What was he doing here was obvious, but if Kaito didn't manage to convey himself correctly, or worse insult the shinobi in front of him, it was doubtful he'd leave Spider Island unscaved.

"I'm not going to lie to you, I recognize my own weaknesses, I can't support my comrades in the way that I should, and they don't deserve to be hindered by my lack of skill." Kaito's skills as a medical-nin were without a doubt helpful to his comrades, but that didn't change his lack of experience in combat situations or make up for such a failure. "There is also another reason I've come here though, I suspect my mother was an AMBU or even a Hunter-nin. It's likely she died without completing her last assignment. As her son it is my responsibility to correct her failure. I believe you and the Osada clan are able to help me in that goal, so here I am." He didn't feel the need to explain his reasoning behind why he believes what he did about his mother, more than likely, Lady Haka wouldn't even care, but he had to be honest all the same, least he insult both Haka and her house, a mistake Kaito wasn't willing to make.

Kaito looked the woman in the eyes, keeping a steady gaze not willing to allow himself to show weakness, but not wanting to offend by showing arrogance. They were alone, other than the shadow clone, while they were not equals, Kaito being far inferior in multiple ways, but hopefully they would be able to come to an understanding without too much difficulty.

WC: 474, 1806 total.

Haka Osada

Haka Osada

Retired
Unlike civilians, the genin was trained to endure intimidation and the consistent presence of dread and stress. He showed this by not flinching when her monstrous aura draped over him, coveted him like a prey claimed for its own. He'd speak clear and determined, revealing his weakness in skill and how he believed it was his duty to take over there where his mother had failed. Haka would circle around him, bare feet touching the cold marble of the ground as she weighted his words. She considered him correct in believing that he should not burden his team with his lack of skill. A well-perceived weakness that he could work on now since he was aware of its existence. His second statement was not so much one the spider cared for. If his mother had failed, the blame was hers. Not that of her son. While she didn't believe it was his duty to continue where she left, at least she could respect the fact he had made the decision to go that way on his own. The line of thought ran akin to her own when it came to her decision to execute her father's will.

"You clearly know your weaknesses... What prevents you from elevating them to strengths?", she'd ask him as she continued her little walk without leaving the barest sound. Leaving the question hanging for a while, she asked him a second one once she stood back before him. "And what makes you think you are worth our time? The teachings of the Spider School are not for the weak."

Yes, intimidation was a tactic like any other.  The Osada used the strategy aplenty, placing layer upon layer of intimidation to endure from the moment they laid eyes on the Torii gate of spider island to the point they stood before the lord of the whole nightmare. But the Osada's strength was not based on a weak play on psychology. That merely served to separate the wheat from the chaff. The clan's strength was found in its monstrous approach and the ability to turn this nightmare into a reality. The darkness of spider island, a burden to many, was the air they breathed daily.

Total: 1178

Kaito Osoroshi

Kaito Osoroshi

D-rank
Yes, Kaito understood and acknowledged his weaknesses for what they were, but he was suprised by Haka's first question. In truth nothing stood between him as he was now and where he knew he wanted to be, but that wasn't really the point of it. This was only proven with Haka's second question. Spider Island and those that inhabited it were renowned for their prowess, even when it wasn't fully understood by those holding them in such high esteem. Kaito didn't understand the half of it, and after visiting this forlorn island, he understood even less. Still, it wouldn't do to just stand there in silence, his superior had asked a question, and based on the pattern of movement she exhibited, he was definitely the prey within this particular web, it'd be best answer quickly.

"What stands in my way? Nothing in particular, I could become stronger without seeking training here, but why should I concede myself to being subpar. Spider Island is the type of place where the weak go to die, or to become stronger. That's the reason I came here." Kaito didn't bother to turn and keep eye contact with the woman as she circled him, if she'd wanted him to look at her she would have made herself the most prominent thing within his field of vision. "As for why I am worthy, I'm not. It isn't about worth. If I was worthy I wouldn't need to be here. As you said, Spider Island is not a place for the weak, sounds like the perfect place to outlive one's weaknesses." Kaito responded matter of factly, he wasn't sure how to flatter the woman, in fact he assumed it would only anger her, but he wasn't sure exactly what she would find as an acceptable response. She was clearly the superior here, and she knew it.

Kaito wasn't a fool, he knew that if she was going to agree to train him, or to simply put him to the test to see if he was worth training, she would expect something of him in return. It's how clans like her's stayed in power, only strengthening those that provided one use or another to the clan in return. It was what had caused the legacy of the Bloody Mist to begin in the first place, clanless academy students forced to kill each other, it was just the cost to be given the privilege of being in the same circles as Kirigakure Shinobi Clans. There was no doubt that such methods resulted in more finely skilled shinobi, but in the end it had also been the downfall of a number of shinobi clans and multiple mascecures of the rest as the majority of the population had culled the herd so to speak, turning the principles of the Bloody Mist against those whom had founded the practice.

Every shinobi had to face the darkness of what they were at some point or another. In the end they were all killers, even Kaito had taken life before, but that wasn't really what separated clans like the Osada from the rest of the villagers. The sense of superiority hadn't just been earned, or even warranted, it had been reinforced time and again whenever a shinobi of a major clan went above and beyond their peers. Sure, given the number of shinobi from each of the clans that never made their mark on their clans' legacies far outweighed the number of shinobi that would go on to greatness, there was still the kekkei genkai to be considered. Something Kaito didn't have as he had never had anyone to inherit such a thing from. Without a kekkei genkai, Kaito had no idea how he could be of use to Haku Osada, or the Osada clan for that matter. Perhaps if he knew more about them, but they were a secretive lot and there was only really rumor to go on.

"What exactly would be worth the time of the Osada clan by the way? A family as renown of yours must have no real use of a genin like me, and yet you haven't thrown me out, or worse." Kaito added the last bit to let Haka know he'd picked up on her predatory behavior. There was no real reason for her to hide such intentions here, in her family home, not to mention there would be little Kaito would be able to do to fight her off should she decide to harm him. Still, the simple fact he was still standing here, unharmed and not imprisoned in some hole in the wall, meant that Haka must have some sort of idea on how he could be of use to her, even if that was just a momentary sense of entertainment until she got bored of him. Kaito would just have to wait and hear what this Lady of the Osada clan had in store for him.

WC: 847, 2653 Total

Haka Osada

Haka Osada

Retired
Kaito gave unexpected answers. Nothing stood in his way to turn his weaknesses to strengths. He merely sought the skill of the stronger to better himself. To rise above the average and become the greater. Hidden flattery under a simple answer where it showed he was seeking a solid foundation to hold greater power. A smart way of building up his power and reputation. One step ahead of the others. His second answer followed up neatly. He didn't consider himself worthy. He sought to become worthy. From his words, it didn't sound he wanted to be worth in the eyes of the Osada but more like he wanted to add worth to himself. A further solidification of the first idea. A solid foundation enforced by self-worth. The answers were well thought off.

When he spoke next, he offered her a question. How could he be of worth to the Osada? It was true that the clan could do little with genin, Haka in particular finding them a burden as despite their shinobi training all they were granted to do were menial tasks rather than to be a real asset but now she wasn't supposed to represent the Unmei. She was to speak in her father's stead, head of the Osada. His reasoning and priorities were different. As the leader of the Seven Swords, he searched for those who might once be worthy to carry one of the blades. As the Mizukage's right hand, he watched over Kirigakure like a father. Yes, Sero would only wish the genin to be an asset to Kirigakure.

"I would personally agree with your words but here I must represent my father. Sero Osada would believe a genin can be an asset to Kirigakure by becoming more than they are. If your desire is to break from the average to become more, he'd grant you this. If your desire is to break with weakness, he'd grant you this. All because he believes it would benefit Kirigakure.", she'd reply to his question. Worth, in the eyes of the Osada, was by surviving the worst nightmares and growing into something more than the others. "All those who have come here for his lessons have confronted the worst of nightmares, were tortured or thrown into warfare-like situations. The Spider School is about survival. Are you ready to suffer the worst for your power?"

To sell his soul to the devil. For what else was Sero if not a monstrous demon embodying nightmarish power?

Total: 1603

Kaito Osoroshi

Kaito Osoroshi

D-rank
Suffering was a unique thing, terrifying in a way, it could break a person as easily as it could force them to learn how to persevere. It was the later that made the art of suffering beautiful. Anyone could no suffering, anyone could grow because of it, even Kaito. He wasn't without his experiances with it, even at his young age he'd seen suffering, perhaps more than most genin even, considering the years he'd watched people suffer and die for no discernible reason in the hospital. Was he ready to experience suffering? That had been what the woman in front of him had asked, as if the personal suffering of a person was something that could be measured against another's. Suffering was relative, what felt like the end of the world to a small child was nothing more than a scraped knee to a shinobi, a annoyance at most. No, this woman wasn't asking Kaito if he was ready to suffer, he had done that before, she was asking him if he was ready to expand his understanding of suffering.

All shinobi had to be ready to suffer, to fight, kill, and die for their village. It wasn't meant to be an easy life, and Kaito hadn't shied away from that when he entered into the medical-nin program. His mother had always told him that medical ninja were the most important to the village's safety, because it was their job to protect the other ninja so they could protect everyone else. She had forgotten to tell him what it would feel like the first time a patient died in his arms, or how much it would hurt watching people, old and young alike, wither and fade into a shadow of themselves before death took them. Kaito's mother had most likely been a Hunter-nin, despite Kaito's lack of evidence to support the claim, yet his mother had never told him death could be far greater a mercy than life. To live was to suffer, to die was to pass that suffering onto your loved ones. Kaito had no desire to hurt those he loved, assuming he had children one day, he'd lead by example and if he died in the process, so be it.

Today was not that day, Kaito would not allow himself to die, he could not allow himself to fail, to disgrace himself and the legacy his mother and foremother had left him. He was a shinobi of the Hidden Mist, suffering was his heritage, by blood and by murder, the people of the Hidden Mist had endured since before the Hidden Mist had even been founded. It was who they were, who Kaito would yet become, who Kaito wanted to yet become. He would charge himself with the duty to carry forth that mantle, until the day it was time for him to hand it off to the next generation and train them in the ways of suffering, of perseverance, and the way of the Hidden Mist. He would not meet his end here, on this island of illusions and nightmare. Kaito wasn't afraid of the dark, nor that which hid within it. If anything, Kaito would reach into the shadows of this island and greet the suffering that awaited him.

The Osada Clan might be one of the most well respected clans of the Hidden Mist, but if they thought that they were the only ones in the world that knew anything of suffering then that was their own shortcoming, it wasn't Kaito's job to sway Haka's mind on the matter. Let her meet her end at rope of her own shortcomings, Kaito was more interested in learning of her strength than anything he could do to help her. As it was, she had very nearly admitted she cared not for Kirigakure or the Hidden Mist, but at least she respected, or at least feared, her father to listen to his will on this matter. It didn't bother Kaito if Haka didn't want to help him for the sake of strengthening the village, so long as she did it anyway. Let her hurt him, let her make him suffer. In doing so, Haka could only make Kaito stronger. Regardless of her reasons or his, the end result would be the same. Kaito would make sure of it.

"Seeing, suffering, and studying are the three pillars of learning, I have come to your island, I have seen some of what it has to offer, if I want to learn anything of value, I need to suffer first, and then to study my suffering so that I might learn to persevere from it." Kaito was beginning to see this woman for what she was, she would surely enjoy making him suffer, but deeper than that, she had once been in his shoes, she had to learn through suffering. That was what made her strong, and that strength is why Kaito had come to this place. In spite of her demeanor, Kaito was beginning to lose the edge of fear that had kept him on his toes. Haka would not harm him, at least no more than necessary, and pain was not something that made Kaito squeamish.

Kaito stood there for a while, watching the woman coldly, waiting to see if she would ask more questions or simply accept his resolve for what it was. Honesty. He wasn't about to panic and run from the manor, or from Spider Island for that matter. Kaito might have only heard rumors of Spider Island and the Osada Clan, but he wasn't about to let his chance at becoming stronger escape his grasp, even if it meant a little pain. Whatever nightmare Haka thought up for him, Kaito would just have to find the will to overcome it, to push himself past any notion of a limitation he thought he had in order to increase not only his abilities, but also his will to survive. It was the acceptance of death and the refusal to die that made made a shinobi what they were.

"Shall we begin then?" Kaito asked with a sharp breath of air, meeting Haka's eyes as he waited for her to provide him either with his orders or for her to strike out at him. In all truth, Kaito wasn't sure which one he'd prefer, to face such an overwhelmingly difficult opponent in combat, or to be tested to the breaking point. Didn't really matter in the end, he'd meet either challenge with the same ferocity to survive the coming suffering. Kaito's will demanded him to outlive the nightmare soon to befall him, but that would come at a later time.

WC: 1140, 3793 Total

Last edited by Kaito Kowareta on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:38 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Reasons.)

Haka Osada

Haka Osada

Retired

Due to wc having been used for training, we'll continue in a new thread.

WC 1603
-1600 A-rank Ameya [1600/4000]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.