You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Derailed. Empty Derailed. Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:41 am

Takao

Takao

S-rank
Derailed. 0L733x3

「The light morning drizzle had turned into a torrential afternoon downpour in Akagahara. What had begun as a cool early Autumn day with manageably little rain gave Takao the opportunity to make the trip to the Fire Country’s de jure Capital. Such a trip had been conveyed to Fuyuko as a mere few hours worth of business, and he reassured his girlfriend that he would be back in the Hidden Leaf before their planned first dinner with his family. Although Takao’s business in Akagahara was intended to only be speaking with the Fire Daimyō, who resided in the large castle bound to safety through a complicated network of seals. He had done so and enjoyed the conversation they shared, even though it had taken longer than Takao had originally believed. Shortly after he departed from the Daimyō’s palace, the raven-haired shinobi had made an unexpected stop at the workshop of an old friend. In the month or so prior to his excursion into the Land of Water, he had visited the elderly man and commissioned two items to be prepared. Having been so busy left him with no time to make the journey to Akagahara, so it was only natural he popped in.

With his new toys in tow, Takao stopped in the threshold of the workshop’s door. His gaze fell to the ground outside and his ears twitched at the roaring rain as it pounded against the roof and flagstone pathway. Black eyes arose from the flagstone and settled onto the skies in the distance that grew darker and closer with each passing moment. Steeling his will to drive himself into the element of which he despised the most, Takao stepped into the downpour after closing the door behind him. He hurried down the path, the dilatory shinobi sprinted leisurely through the rain on his way down the emptied streets of Akagahara.

His sprint would eventually take him to the train station on the outer edge of the town. It was a new addition-- perhaps the newest-- to one of the Fire Country’s oldest settlements. It was also his ticket home, quickly literally, if he didn’t plan on running back in the torrential downpour.

“Shit--” His profanity escaped as a hiss through clenched teeth. Black eyes swept left to the ticking clock on the platform and noted the position of the hands; he was late, and his train had gone.

I could catch the next one… but then I’ll still be late…” Takao said, lifting his hand to lightly chew on his numb as his thoughts raced.

I could make it if I ran with Burning Ambition, but I’d be exhausted and soaked through… Damn it..! I promised Fuyuko I’d be home in time!” Mentally berating himself did little to improve the situation, yet the chorus of voices that dwelled within his psyche only echoed his sentiment of foolishness.

But then, in the distance yet far too close to be ignored, the howl of a train’s horn bellowed through the thunderous rain. Takao’s black eyes, normally cold and dull, lit up like an ember falling into a vat of oil. Perhaps he hadn’t been so late to the station after all, and the train had only just left. He erupted from the platform in a burst of flame and landed further down the rails. He bounced from point to point using the enhanced speed granted by the manifestation of jets in well-practised locations until the dim lights of a distant train grew closer. With a heavy thud, he landed and dropped into a slide on the rearmost car of the train just as the metallic vessel passed under a low-hanging tunnel.

“Whew…” His breath escaped as an audible sigh of relief as his hands and feet grasped onto the smooth surface of the train car’s roof as though they possessed some supernatural adhesive. Supernatural Walking Practice aided him on his awkward supine shuffle toward the linkage of the train cars. He dropped between the cars and balanced on the coupling before hopping onto the second-to-last car’s platform. Upon peeking through the door’s window, he noted that it was entirely devoid of passenger.

Empty..?” With a raised eyebrow, he turned his attention to the eighth car-- the rearmost-- and stepped onto its platform. As he peered inside, he could only see one individual seated at a bar.

Shit, maybe I got on the wrong train… But… this guy might know where this thing is headed.” Takao thought to himself as his hand reached for the handle of the door, hesitating for a brief moment before sliding it open and stepping inside. He slid the door closed behind him slowly, in an attempt to be quiet, yet the fact that it was only the two of them in the train car made his entrance humorously apparent. Takao turned his attention to the man seated at the bar and stepped closer, wet boots squeaking with each step taken.

“Uh, hi. Sorry to bother you--” Takao said as he approached, yet was brought to a momentary pause as his onyx-hued orbs settled on the man. Thick eyebrows furrowed slightly as his eyes narrowed.

Don’t I know this guy..?”」

TOTAL WC

2Derailed. Empty Re: Derailed. Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:24 pm

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Tsuyo had gone to visit one of the more wealthy merchant houses near the heart of the capital. Of course it was one train station beyond that so he had left a little earlier as his train had to arrive having avoided the other trains schedules. It was the only trouble with having a private train really. Still he had gone as requested to settle some licencing disputes with a new deal. Over his years he had acquired a lot of wealth through the markets and some influence. Mostly within Iwa which happened to be the market in dispute. The heavy taxes were making it barely profitable but it was due to that reasoning that Tsuyo had been called to begin with. His knowledge of the inner workings of the tax system in a foreign country had allowed him to show the two merchant houses ways to reduce the cost of the tax and the transportation. Introducing them to a security company he secretly had investments in. Securing the route and shipments for a lower cost making the profit sky rocket. He had done his bit and in return had been offered a percentage of the quarterly profits. Not a large one of course but that was his consulting fee. Even though it was a small portion to them he had many of them in his pocket. His fortune only growing from his influence spreading. It was more profitable than involving himself in the affairs of the shinobi world much longer. Though if he was being honest retirement had proven boring.

Still after the meeting had ended for hours of paperwork and technical talk he felt exhausted mentally. Rain had been threatening with dark grey clouds at the beginning but now it was a downpour outside. His attendant would step out of the doors first as Tsuyo shook hands and said his farewells with good wishes. The attendant having a large enough umbrella for both of them ready before Tsuyo ever stepped into the open air. The pitter patter of it cascading across the top of the umbrella itself with drips pouring down every edge. It certainly was a heavy rain. He hardly minded though as the smell of the rain washed away the busy scents of the city. Perfume had coated it within the merchant house but factories were everywhere. Still it was a short half mile walk through the cobblestone streets to the train station. Ahh another one of his investments that seemed to be paying off. Of course he had invested heavily into this new progression into transportation but he was already seeing returns. His own train had been partially paid for and stocked himself but the initial base of it had been a gift for his heavy purse he had dropped on much more than the cost of one train. Stepping into the second to the back care he would find his table already prepared with a light meal upon it. A triangle cut sandwich of peanut butter and honey with no crust. A glass of milk settled next to it. However for now he was not hungry.

His attendant would bow before taking the umbrella with him and heading to the front of the train. Tsuyo would take the opportunity to shed his business coat. It seemed to sparkle in the light lightly but it wasn't wet. Something odd about the tan long coat. Regardless he hung it up on the hook with his twin curved daggers. Hanging there untouched as always. Now he was left in black slacks with a white button up shirt and a purple tie. A black vest on the back and grey in the front buttoned up. He would undo the cuffs around his wrists before taking a breath. A light sigh from the days work leaving him as he moved to the bar. Reaching over the edge of it to collect a bottle of champagne. As per usual it was time to celebrate his victory. However his champagne glass seemed empty as he sat there alone in yet another victory. When did retirement become so cold? He would pour himself a drink lightly before setting the bottle down. The train had begun to move he noticed as he looked out the window to the terrain passing by. A smooth start as always. With that thought done he would settle onto his stool. His polished black shoes would rest their heels on the bar at the bottom of the stool as he sipped his drink. Thinking to himself.

Still the sudden opening of the door let in the loud noise of the train from outside the sound proofed room would draw his attention with a surprised gaze. The smell of katon jutsu heavy in the air. An attack perhaps? How exciting. He would smile as he turned with drink in hand on his stool. Resting on his one elbow as he let his silver eyes settle on the wet man. Still recognition shot through him and he would smile even broader. Takao. They had met once before but the heavy scent of katon about the man and those features could not be mistaken. He would apologize for his sudden entrance before pausing as he seemed to notice he knew Tsuyo as well. Well now this was interesting. Out of everyone he expected to show up in that doorway this man was not one of them. He had almost forgotten him entirely as he held little influence as far as he knew over his trades. Since he wasn't Hokage anymore anyway. Still Tsuyo would stand before reaching over the bar once more and pulling out a clean white towel. As if freshly purchased and never used. Tossing it to him to keep the water from dripping further into his bar car. Still it was done with a smile and words quickly followed.

"No no please Mr. Kimura, Come in and dry yourself off. Have some coffee or tea if you prefer. Did you just happen here by accident or perhaps you came for the challenge? Either way your welcome to stay for the duration of the ride if you wish."

3Derailed. Empty Re: Derailed. Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:01 am

Takao

Takao

S-rank

「Takao’s eyes slowly narrowed at Tsuyo addressed him by his surname so casually. As his brows knit together in fervent thought and confusion, his black eyes focused on the man’s appearance. Something about him certainly did look familiar, yet it was hard for Takao to place. They had certainly met before but for the life of him, Takao just couldn’t put name to face. He thought it to be a tad awkward to ask now, so instead, he resigned to trying to work it out for himself.

His scarred hand rose and snatched the towel out of the air, examining it briefly while his ears twitched in response to the words that followed. Takao used the towel to dry his face and idly pick at his ear while Tsuyo spoke of an interesting query regarding the former’s purpose on the train. He hadn’t yet worked out that this wasn’t his specific Hidden Leaf-bound locomotive as originally suspected.

“Challenge?” Takao inquired, his head tilting to the side.

The towel-holding arm slipped from his ear, falling and resting lazily by his side. His other hand lifted and ran through his wet hair, stopping on the return-trip to scratch the back of his head.

“I just thought this thing was heading back to the Leaf. Maybe I did get on the wrong train after all… But I do like challenges.” As he spoke, a wry grin crawled onto his face, pulling the lopsided smile into his cheek. Blissfully ignorant to the details, Takao’s interested was piqued nonetheless. Competition was the ember that set the gasoline that was his motivation alight, and at the moment that flame was flickering dangerously close.

Moving closer to the bar and caring little for the remnants of water that dropped from his body onto the train car’s floor, Takao tossed the towel onto one of the empty stools and folded his arms. Still trying to figure out why the man before him seemed so familiar, Takao opted to direct his inquiries toward the aforementioned contest.

“So what is it? Some kinda… drinking contest, or a fight, or what?” He asked, letting his interest in the matter slip through in his words. If the aslant, brazen smile on his face wasn’t enough indication that he would indulge Tsuyo in whatever this challenge was, the freshly energized tone in his voice might have done the trick.」

TOTAL WC
+408

4Derailed. Empty Re: Derailed. Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:08 pm

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
The air was calm even though he had been intruded upon so abruptly. He would sip at his drink as the man crossed his floor and looked intrigued at the concept. Piercing silver eyes glancing at the droplets on the floor. He had hoped to avoid any water damage but this was fine for now. When they arrived in Konoha they would mop the floors and add another layer of protection to it. Still it was as if he was being mocked for his attempt to keep water from spreading. Truly though he would need to check his temper. His ego wasn't so great that he couldn't let something so small slide. A small matter was all it was. He could remind himself of that. Still he would need to force his next smile as the brazen man came to the bar to inquire further about the challenge. Of course someone who was once hokage would need such drive to them. Or risk getting no where fast. This man was to be respected for the ran he had once obtained though Tsuyo doubted he had dropped in power at all since they had met last. He didn't seem like the kind of man who would let his power rot away.

"Indeed it is like that." His voice would ring out pleasantly as he would raise a hand to stroke his bearded chin. " I sent an offer into the village several weeks ago offering to pay people to show their might to me. To challenge me in hand to hand combat with no lethal intentions or jutsu above the academy level. I had thought the mission to risky for anyone but I have begun to wonder if its even been posted at all. First though, lets get you freshened up if your interested."

Tsuyo would rise from his seat and slowly shift his form around the bar. His movements were fluid like any taijutsu masters but he didn't give off the impression like he intended to attack. He would pick up a tea cup and a shot glass. Pouring a shot of gin into the shot glass before shifting over to pour some of the brewed sweet tea carefully into the tea cup. A measured amount with just a hint of sugary sweetness to the scent of blackberries. He would stir the tea with a small spoon as he continued speaking while keeping an eye on what he was about. "I do so enjoy seeing the different styles of hand to hand combat of others. I have mastered many myself. Though if your into that kind of thing I have no doubt your style would be exquisite. After all, since the time we met and you were diplomatically acting on behalf of your village as Kage I knew you to be potent. If there was anyone to challenge me first its only fitting it be you." He would smile and slide the two drinks forward. Interested greatly to see which the man would choose if either or both. regardless the choice would say a lot about him.

5Derailed. Empty Re: Derailed. Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:26 pm

Takao

Takao

S-rank

「It wasn’t a good idea. He needed to be back in Konohagakure soon, he needed to be unharmed, and he needed to be ready for his date with Fuyuko. Every single voice within Takao’s head-- of which there were plenty to spare-- that held even a shred of reason within was screaming for him to deny the challenge. It was irresponsible, it was reckless, and it was just too good of an opportunity to pass up. Seldom was he afforded the change to combat somebody on par with his own abilities, and for somebody who valued challenge and opposition as much as Takao, he couldn’t refuse.

“I accept.” Takao answered simply, wholly uninterested in the backstory of the challenge in comparison to the contents of the challenge itself. He had the information he needed; it was a one versus one all-out brawl with minimal chakra usage. Just the kind of niche contest of might that he liked.

In the moments that would pass, Takao began to excrete chakra from his tenketsu that leaked into his pores. His skin grew red and hot to the touch, enough to burn flesh that touched him but not his own. Steam began to bellow from his skin as a result of this heat, and the moisture upon his body disappeared into the atmosphere of the carriage. His clothes were dried in similar fashion, as was the water within the immediate area around his feet, unfortunately leaving ebony scorch marks upon the wood in which he stood. When the water faded, so too did the technique, and his skin returned to its natural hue.

“So, where are we doing this? D’you have a carriage specifically made for this kind thing?” Takao inquired, only now considering the details. He was more than willing and ready to fight in the carriage they conversed in, even going as far as to extend his spacial awareness via peripheral vision to keep tabs on what potential obstacles in the car might impede him.

As Tsuyo made the drinks and continued to spoke, the realization of who he was dawned on Takao, although he did not articulate this realization aloud. A lopsided smirk grew on his face, pulling the corner of his mouth well into his cheek.

“I think you’ll get a kick out of my style.” Takao commented idly, unable and unwilling to fully divulge exactly how he fought. It was the work of a fool to willingly give their opponent a leg up before the fight even started.

“--Anyway. Besides Academy-level techniques and no lethality, any other rules I gotta keep in mind? Stuff that off limits?” Knowing the intricacies of the competition, he felt, would be quite important. He liked to win after all, and losing on some unmentioned technical foul due to his own negligence certainly wouldn’t stand. At this point, it would’ve become clear that Takao was uninterested in the drinks, as his sights were set solely on getting started.」

THREAD EXITED

TOTAL WC
+503

Training Devouring Judgement Flames | 2,500(S-Rank) * 20% (genius) * 30% (scroll of seals) * 10% (Kimura) = 1,000wc

Training Undecided Remaining WC.

Last edited by Takao on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total

6Derailed. Empty Re: Derailed. Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Tsuyo would pause as his attention would draw to the other man. Younger than himself and filled with vigor by all accounts. If anyone could rise to his challenge and bring his power to bare with all he had just to compete it would be this person. Still he had not interest in small talk. Tsuyo would watch him in silence a moment as he inquired about other stipulations in the fight. Anything that could disqualify him as if this were some tournament match. Some out of bounds or illegal technique. Limitations to keep them in check. For a moment Tsuyo considered if he would prefer that. Simple structures to provide safety and comfort in his aging body. He could retire and give up this pursuit to the next age of shinobi like Takao and others. He could simply lose here and decide not to train anymore. To move to a place where he could reside in comfort and luxury and never fight again. However as soon as the thought crossed his mind he knew one thing in response to it. He would grow dreadfully bored with life if he never pursued something greater again. Life itself would just be a mild existence and he would just be living to survive. No life at all.

Still he would speak. His voice was calm as he looked to the drinks he had prepared. Perhaps this man had simple intentions but for Tsuyo it brought forth a series of thoughts. "Rules, stipulations and limitations. For jutsu perhaps if only so I might be able to heal us from whatever we would do to each other. However for our hands I would not wish for a fight, especially with the likes of you, in which we could not preform to our best. Like myself you have built your kingdom with your own two hands. I would ask that you honor me and use them as you see fit as I will do the same. I will not hold back against you good sir because I do not doubt your strength. Do not doubt mine in return and we shall grow from this as martial arts intended." With that he would take a breath. Holding it as he downed the shot and then the tea. The alcohol scolding his throat slightly before the tea brushed it away. Easing him into what he could only assume would be one of the best matches of his life. Much like the last time he sparred a Kage.

Tsuyo would set both cups down and turn to the other man. Rolling up his sleeves as he shifted to walk to the center of the car. There was no afforded special arena with the train moving though it brought forth its own challenges. He held no illusions that this train car would survive the two of them. Already Tsuyo was releasing his limiters. The way he constrained his chakra and raw strength. The windows began to rattle more than they had before. The glasses trembling as the scooted precariously closer and closer to the edge of the bar. Matching the heat the other pushed off and cooling the air around himself as he now had full attention on the man. Silver eyes watching him with a serious expression. His hands would raise as his fists would close in a boxing stance. Feet widened with his left food forward slightly so his left side was turned for a southpaw stance. Left fist forward and right fist back both held about chin level as he shifted his weight back and forth. He assumed the other had made a pun about a kicking stance. Boxing was typically not good with kicks but he had a plan for that. Still he would speak once more. Only the bar with a line of five stools and the single table with two chairs made up the furniture in the room. A chandelier above with lights scattered within the roof. And of course the coat rack near the door.

"Come when you are ready Mister Kimura."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.