You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Empty Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:01 pm

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Mission Details:

The never ending conflict was something that has started to become dull to Zetsume. For one reason or another, he found himself annoyed in these harsh desert lands. He cursed at his duty and swam in thoughts of worry that if the village would be okay with so many stationed here. Indubitably it would be a wise move to attack the village during war like times as these. As such, many villages found themselves cooperating with another. This would be his first mission with someone from Iwagakure. Not to mention his first encounter with a shinobi from there. He wondered what they were like but chalked it up to being similar to him just perhaps without his ideals and morals. Zetsume did not have much to go on aside from a small note containing the location of his partner to meet up and the rough estimation of where he should look for his targets. This time it consisted of an independent militia group causing trouble to both Kumogakure and Iwagakure. Aside from these details not much else was given on them. This is not shocking considering they have been attacking in a guerrilla like fashion this far probably covering themselves to better hide identities. It is imperitive that during war times like these to not take many prisoners. Sure if he could capture someone from an opposing village it could be useful, but some independent groups like this do not have much to offer. There is also the worry of stretched supplies and thinned resources. If he were to capture one of them, he could not bring them back to the camp as that would just bring more stress upon the group. His only option was to kill them all and find out anything if possible about more groups like these. Zetsume was still nervous about meeting this partner from Iwagakure, which was mostly produced by Repede being with him. Before he set off, he wanted to leave the dog in the care of someone while he was gone. In an attempt to, the dog escaped his caretakers and found Zetsume within hours. At that point he had no choice but to bring the dog after seeing such resolve. Sometimes Zetsume was unsure if the dog was loyal to him, but that made it seem apparent that the dog chose Zetsume to take care of him and not much else will do. That is, unless Mizuki is around. Even jokingly, Zetsume does not say that name as the dog will think that they will go see her or she is near.

Sitting near the location for the meet up with the Iwagakure shinobi, he took the note from within his pocket and looked at it again. Zetsume looked again at the details. There was no mention of who this person was nor word of the persons name. The only thing to verify the two was a single code phrase, Where are you heading? Where the clouds cool the rocks. This was to be exchanged between the two. This was not uncommon for there to be little details about your opposing shinobi. Neither side wanted to give information of their shinobi as it might give more incentive to betray knowing how they fight or who they are. He gave out a long sigh and wondered what the hell is this. It seemed like the mission was made recently as there was not much details. Considering this, the importance must be of value. Zetsume stretched out a hand to pet the dog on the head as he happily smiled, wagging his tail. With a soft sigh he spoke to the dog, "Remember boy, when I say to run, you better run. I am still unsure if this is a set up or not. I doubt my superiors would do such a thing, but then again... Who can we trust out here huh?Keep calm and everything should be fine", his last sentence brought no comfort to the two. The uncertainty of life weighed on them like bricks. Anything could happen out here, anything.

WC:681

2Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Empty Re: Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:39 am

Taeru

Taeru

D-rank
Striking the match, forcing it to spark into life, flickering as she hovered a small note above the flame, burning the note, she would shake her hand to put the match out before placing the crumpling paper into the tin bucket, waiting until there was nothing left of it. Each and every word for the note etched into her memory.  turning away she would step to the small table to retrieve her glove, a thin material to keep her cool in the reached heat of the land and protect her pale flesh from the sear of the sun’s rays. Tugging the glove on before writing the finger sections of the glove itself before stoking over the area of the missing digit somewhat absentmindedly, the glove had been made to keep the missing digits area covered and extending up along her forearm to her elbow. Settling her rump down on the bed mat she had been given to use during her recovery she would reach to tug her boots on, her attire a small range of pale colours starting from white to a dusted beige.  the body suit made, tight and to cover her left side up to her throat completely whereas the right side showed visible flesh of her chest and arm. Draped about her form a light weight material quite like the material of her glove.  with a light sigh she would reach for the only other item on the table, reaching up she would attach it to the loops that hung from the left side of her braided fringe following the loops about to the half up do bun before clasping the material down to her body suit to ensure that it wouldn't blow up in the wind at random, covering completely the left side of her face ear and neck, the veil like material simply obscuring that parts it covered from sight, though with how close to her eye it sat, her visibility through it was enough. The beaded senbon that decorated the now snow-white strands of her hair, that for the most part sat in a bun whilst the right half of her fringe brushed her brow whilst a weighted bead held a section of hair down to frame her pointed features. and high cheek bones.  She would settle Amai in the back of her clothed belt whilst tatsu sat at the front resting against her stomach, looking as though simple hand-held fans, old ones to boot, whilst Ripa tsume hung in the folds of material that cascaded from her hip.  The only visible weapon about her person sat an old and worn kuni tucked into a pouch attached to her right leg. Pushing up to her full height of five foot ten inches, inhaling as her fingers brushed the metal of her Iwagakure head band, stationed at the bust of her clothing, with pride straightening her form to its usual ridged setting she would step from the tent, her long strides carrying her form quickly from the camp. The few people she passed either ogled or recoiled from her, most had heard stories of what had happened but none had expected her to leave her tent much less intervein and insist on take on a mission. The colours of her clothing helping her to quickly disappear amongst the dunes of sand.

Each chance she had been given he had made her way about the camp listening and learning of all that had happened since the abduction of herself and the squad she was a part of. She didn’t care what mission she took but if she had to spend one more night in that camp or in that tent faced with the same four clothed walls it would drive her insane. Working with ninja of another village intrigued her most of all about this mission, the chance to gain intel and learn about the other villages ninja, she would be a fool to pass the chance up, she needed to be useful. For what use would she be if she stayed bed bound how half of the camp hoped that she would.  

Her left hand would raise to block out the sun as she looked up, taking advantage of the chance to breath. Freedom.  She had expected to die but a few weeks prior and now she stood to appreciate the vast openness of the wind country.  Continuing towards the venue point her mind would wonder in part to what type of individual she would be working with, at the very least the instructions insinuated that she would be working with one other, a ninja of Kumogokure.  A land said to harbour the strongest jutsus associated with raiton and so with it the ninja behind the jutsu. Yet save for the main rumours of the land and its people she knew very little of, but, she was hopefully that this ‘co-operation’ might change such.  

Her pace would slow before coming to a complete halt around three hundred meters from the meeting point. Pausing for a moment she would simply observe, taking in all that her senses could perceive, the sounds, the smells and the sight.  Slowly advancing she would catch sight of what would, at the very least, seem to be a man and a large animal of some sort. Her right hand would shift to tatsu at the front of her belt to withdraw it before opening it slowly, a precaution, yet she would keep to the weapons design for infiltration and would fan herself, only then realising that she was thankful for the soft breeze it created.  She would continue before pausing around fifty meters away simply to clear her throat to alert them of her arrival yet leaving enough space in-case a fight was required.  Keeping her eyes set on the two locating out a symbol of Kumogakure  before continuing. she would incline her head allowing her shoulders to hunch forwards some in the movement before rising. Her pale rose pink lips would part, her accent thick upon her tongue, though it were not the accent that could be associated with the village of Iwagakure, not at all, “Where are you heading?” Each word would be spoke clearly though her tone of voice, somewhat monotone, didn't quite sit with the pretty percaline features of the visible right side of her face, her features sweet, visibly pretty from hat could be saw of her, save for two deep indented scars that etched one into her top lip and the other her bottom lip. She would wait now silently for his reply, returning to fanning herself slowly.

Word count: 1111.

3Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Empty Re: Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:30 pm

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Zetsume did not have much time to contemplate what this shinobi was going to be like before he saw someone walking near him from the corner of his eye. From this distance, it was hard to tell per-say who was walking his way. Though to be this far out here, you would have to be directed toward this spot. Only half an hour had passed from Zetsume's subconscious counting. When he looked, Repede did as well. In a low tone, he spoke to the dog and hoped it was soft enough for the other to not hear, "Do not move, could be the wrong person." In but a few moments the person was clearly visible and roughly around fifty-meters away. Too close for his comfort, but far enough to make his worry lessen. He mostly focused on fighting from stealth, ambush, and distance. Considering he was in the middle of a barren sand field with few rocks to use as leverage, he was at a disadvantage if this person was not friendly. Standing up, Zetsume stared coldly into her eyes, almost demandingly for something. Then the phrase was spoken and he should do the same."Where the clouds cool the rocks." Repede could not but to help the excitement that this was the mission partner, that his tail wagged ever so slightly. Zetsume gave a small smile and his eyes seemed to lighten from their cold gaze but never quite left. Repede stood up but did not walk forward despite this being a female. Usually Repede has had good encounters with females more so than males and it has developed on him. Within Kumogakure he would usually seek the attention from them than males and when questioned about it the best kind of reply  Repede gave Zetsume led him to believe they were softer and usually smelt better. Still, he remained where he was until Zetsume would say so. Even the dog did not want the scolding from Zetsume.

From here, he could easily see her and she was different than what he expected. A dainty lady fanning herself shined a bit in the bright sun. Aside from the scars she had above her lip, she was quite beautiful. Though a type of beauty that seemed better pampered than out here. Deep down he wondered her motives for choosing this life, but to ask a thing would be far too personal for him. Instead, he would be his usual self, mission driven. He closed the gap between the two walking calmly with Repede hot on his heels. Closing the gap, it would have almost seemed ominous but, he stretched out a hand to speak and his voice followed after, "You can call me Zix, and this dog here is Repede" The wording "This dog" slightly irritated Repede who went to nip at Zetsume's hand, that was on his side. Knowing his dog all to well, he quickly moved with only his teeth scraping the top layer of his skin. His words however, never missed a moment during that. "I hope we can work together and improve relations between our villages. Considering the destruction caused to Sunagakure not too long ago, it never hurts to have allies."

Such a thought never occurred to him before. The idea of asking another village for help was mostly beyond him. His pride, wore heavy on him. Zetsume stopped talking when he noticed Repede had walked next to her leg and softly rubbed his head on her leg. Zetsume eye's widened and he was about to scold but he had more important matters to attend to than reprimanding his pet. He turned his body which indubitably caused the wind to brush his hair from his scar, revealing a broken past. With an outstretched arm, he pointed further west and spoke again, "Using the data on the recent attacks, I surmise they must be around this area. Most of their attacks seemed random but really it made a somewhat circle around here. Would make sense to go outward in a different direction instead of the same. I do not have much of a plan right now, but I am thinking of one. Any information you wish to give me would help. The best I can tell you is that I specialize in heavy range offense and tactics. I will not get more personal, no offense. I just cannot trust you. I would prefer to stay as far away from the conflict if possible for the best use of my skills. I cannot support you in any other way than that. Repede usually distracts or helps my mission partners in the past. He is good at locating me, but do not rely on him for much in combative terms. All this being said, once again, pleasure to work with you." He realized he talked more than normal, and Repede noticed it but the two dismissed that thought.

He smiled which made it seem worse. Zetsume did not trust many people especially those from another village. Repede glared at him, but he did not mind it. He was being far better than he normally was towards people not from his village. If it were not for Repede and this mission he would have thought to kill her and justified in his mind that he stopped a future threat. She looked so beautiful in the sunlight softly fanning herself though... Could he? Maybe

WC:909
Total:1590

4Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Empty Re: Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:38 pm

Taeru

Taeru

D-rank
Her gaze would not wonder as their eyes locked yet she would use her other senses and her prohibital vision to keep track of the large hound, watching them as they approached, her demeanour would remain the same even after the male had replied with the correct code. Once she felt the two were close enough she would slowly close the tessen only keeping it in her right hand just in-case it was required, with such close proximity, marred embedding scars would be visible about her neck though such looking older than the similar yet fresher mark around her bare right wrist, a subtle dusting of a pale green bruise upon her visible cheekbone. Only when his arm outstretched would her gaze flicker to it for a split second catching sight of the hounds nip at his... owner? only to return to the male’s facial features. Her gloved left hand would raise but instead of taking his hand, her arm would move a touch further so that she could grasp his forearm; her thumb resting softly atop whilst the three fingers curled to the underside, her skin cool to the touch. Choosing this form of greeting, trusting this form of a hand shake as a pose to the standard hand shake.  Listening to Zix speak she herself would chose her words carefully, making sure to be precise and to the point, “Tis’ a pleasure to meet you both, I am Taeru of Iwagakure no sato, I have been sent to assist you in this mission.”  

Her hand would twitch, releasing its soft grip on Zix’s forearm as though to pull back as Repede moved to her side, a natural reaction to almost flinch, protective of her left side more so now than she had ever been. Yet as quick as her movement hand been her form would still again. Her lips would part again as though to speak, closing immediately again as she caught sight of, for just a moment, his scar, her demeanour would seem to relax a little. Her attention would shift to Repede as her form to twisted slightly towards the hound before shifting her weight to her right leg allowing for her left to bend as her torso lent forwards, shifting her left side away some, drawing her hand from Zix to stroke her fingers through the fur atop Repede’s head, her movements graceful, so long as she didn’t need to reply on her left leg. The loose section of hair that had been framing her face would slip from its resting place against her chest to sway in the soft breeze only held down by a single weighted bead. Soft, even through her glove she knew the fur to be soft, a smile would draw the right corner of her lips upwards, exposing her pearly whites, causing her cheek and the scaring of her lips to crease slightly.  

Her head would tilt to draw her gaze back to Zix as she remained lent still petting Repede before straightening her form up once more, turning to follow his indications, the smile having reset as she processed the information given, becoming again, for all intensive porpoises, professional again.  She would nod, waiting until he had finished speaking before providing her own input, “From the little information given, I have to agree with your analysis of the situation along with splitting up to cover more ground. It seems we may make an efficient team, I am best up close to the enemy, if such is required I can provide distraction, but please, try not to hit me, that would really ruin my day.” though her dull accented voice became lighter towards the end of her remark, the was a truth to her words. She did however found it odd that the male was willing to allow his pet to wonder with her rather than keeping the hound close, she would for the time being allow such to pass over her head, to mull over later as she looked back to Repede, “Don’t worry, stay close and I will do my best to protect you, if when the fighting comes it gets to heavy then return your Zix with haste.”  the smile would return to her lips.  

Her attention remaining with the hound yet she would speak to Zix himself, “Truth be told, I have not worked with many outside of Iwagakure no sato, and as you have already stated,” Her gaze would then return to Zix before shifting to the endless sea of sand, “we do not trust one another but this needs to work. The quicker we eliminate the enemy the quicker we can return to our camps, one step closer to returning home.” She would look back to him the soft smile remaining she would take the time to etch his features into her memory. She trusted her village even if she didn’t trust the two at her side, and for the village she would work with them, her mind was set. “I will follow your lead.”  

Word count: 848.
Total word count: 1959.

5Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Empty Re: Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:35 pm

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
She too did mention a clan nor rank just as I did, was she being cautious? At least Repede seems to like her, so I cannot harm her unless she forces my hand. Taeru, I will remember that name. he gave thought after she told him her name. From his knowledge he had never heard of anyone by that name, but then again he never really leaves his village. There was a small sigh of relief when Taeru reciprocated Repede demanding attention but it did not show. Something he was never able to stop the dog from doing was seeking attention from anyone. Perhaps it was to make fun of Zetsume's lack of. Either way, he would enjoy such a petting as if when it stopped he would die. He gave a small smile to that, but it did not show. There was small luck in this meeting that she claimed to be close range. This could work in his favor. Though for now, they probably should get a move on because as she said, we all just want to go home. Well, maybe not Repede as he seemed quite content. Zetsume hoped that nothing bad would happen to her nor his dog. Deep down he wanted to laugh at the idea of hitting her with one of her attacks, as if he could miss. The idea never did leave his mind, even if Repede would hate him even more than he does already. He flashed a smile and replied when she was finished speaking, "Alright then so it is settled. Search for anything unusual or anything that could pose as a hideout or storage spot. If I am right, we should at least find something near here. If you find it before me, do not engage just watch and observe. Repede will come get me and bring me to you or if you get spotted he will alert me and I will come as fast as I can possibly make it. " Zetsume purposely did not say how he would let them know if he found them first. To him, he would rather complete it on his own so if he found them first, then he would engage without hesitation. He hoped she was not like he was in that aspect.

After he spoke, Zetsume went to start his search but then stopped. He turned around because he figured he should address what was mentioned earlier. While Zetsume did appreciate Taeru for telling him that if things get bad to find him, but Repede and Zetsume knew why that would never happen. Repede was not just there to help, but to also make sure that she does not double cross him. In the event that she did kill Repede, the dog knew how to make betrayal deaths known unless instant. He would have to make sure the latter reason never came about and had to hopefully ease her mind of Repede following her, "Also, try not to worry about Repede. He has taken a liking towards you which means he and I must respect that. For now, we will treat you with the same hospitality as we would one of our own. Nothing would make the dog happier than dying to save another. Isn't that right boy?" The dog barked as if agreeing.

Turning back around he began his search while Repede follows Taeru. Deep down he could not shake the feeling that something bad may happen, but that is life. After they were out of eyesight, he began really looking around. After almost half an hour he came up with nothing which only added to his worry for them. Being split up was nice for searching an area, but failed when it came to combat. He wanted to run towards where he thinks they would be by now, but needed to finish his search before then. Would be even worse if they were on his side of searching and his paranoia got to him. For now, he would have to hope she would not kill Repede, because if she did, nothing in this life nor the next will sate his vengeance and hatred.

WC:696
Total:2286

6Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Empty Re: Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:09 pm

Taeru

Taeru

D-rank
Her right brow would arch after he had finished speaking, taking note that he didn’t say how he would signal if he found the enemy first. She would give a mental shrug, ’if he finds the enemy first he can deal with them.’ yet before her mind could slip to a darker thought he had began speaking again. Flicking open the tessen she would raise it again to lightly fan herself as she listened, the smile remaining her head would tilt a touch to one side. “how noble.” Her words would though short seemed to be cut that way, snuffing out the rest of her comment. She would incline her head as she did at the beginning of their meeting, allowing her shoulder the hunch forwards slightly, the action brief but there before raising and turning away. Returning to fanning herself she would begin to step away simply expecting Repede to follow without the need for a command. “Stay safe.” An odd set of words yet it was more like taking a breath than speaking aloud, he would either hear it or he wouldn’t.  

Her steps would become strides, making progress an easy thing only the weight to her left side in the sand prolonging their search. As she searched her attention would never full devote to the search whilst keeping watch over the hound at her side, the last thing she wanted was to let her guard down to be taken out by the creature, as good natured as the hound seemed, acts could be made. She herself had done such many a times, she could be sweet, had been sweet, made it seem she were innocent or delicate, yet far from such was the truth.  She would keep her voice low, for sound in a vast empty space would carry farther and wider than most might realise, “His smile...” she would give a light snort, “It makes me wonder how many times your master had thought to kill me from the moment he received the information about this mission.” She would glance at Repede for a split second before continuing, her wandering the landscape, “I do not blame him if he did, it would be smart to think that way.” She would pause before taking to one knee removing a water canister, taking a sip using the right side of her lips almost as though proving that it wasn’t poisoned before pressing the side of her hand to the outer side of her thigh and pouring the water into the hand-formed ‘cup’ for the hound to drink, weather he did so or not she would stand taking another sip before rattling the bottle to check that there was minimal water inside, satisfied by the sound she would re-hook it to her belt line and continue.  

It seemed as though they had been searching for a while without result and her mind would split, a wondering thought that seemed so abrupt it stopped her in her tracks, had she just worried about another villages shinobi? She couldn’t have, wouldn’t have... right?  She would attempt to justify the thought by simply wondering if the enemy were coming up behind them instead having already taken Zix out. Yet as she stood there silent, the sound of voices would carry to her ears. Dropping to the ground she would push back down the small dip in the sand grasping Repede’s collar to drag him with her. She would press a finger to her lips indicating for a statue silence as she listened. Jolly, at least two males yet further off more and more voices, closing her eyes she would could past five, the two closest could easily be a scouting party for the rest of the group, louder and louder they become the closer they came yet for now still a decent stretch off, “They didn’t even see us coming, neither will the next, with Katru on our side we can’t lose, surprise is our element.” “Yeah you got that right” and on and on their voice's crept out across the desert. Talking so boldly out in the open about their deeds seemed to irritate her most of all, with enemies all around and they divulge in their secrets with ease. She would roll onto her side pressing close to Reped to whisper, “Crawl down and away, hurry and find Zix, more of them are coming. Do not be seen.” though merely a whisper the tone was a definite command. “Go now.” She intended to follow them, their campsite was her aim, she did not intend to leave any of them alive, eliminating the chance that any left could come back far worse than they were now. The cogs of her mind were ticking, killing the two would thin the group, but the camp... she could hope they would not see Repede and attempt to follow or she could distract them, draw their attention away...  

Word count: 834.
Total word count: 2793.

7Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Empty Re: Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:17 am

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Repede followed Taeru enjoying the company of someone that seemed more social that Zix. While he could not speak like a normal human, he understood even complex sentences. Something Zetsume was thankful for as he could never predict what the dog might do. The dog kept his eyes open while taking random sniffs on the ground to catch anything of a scent but came up empty. The dog was in a trance like state when he was yanked to the ground by his collar. With a slight confused look, he saw Taeru motion to be quiet. Nodding lightly, he observed with Taeru. Two men were conversing not far from them. Repede did not quite get a good look, but still stayed alerted towards their presence. Taeru moved in close towards Repede and advised him to find Zetsume, for which the dog did not want to do. He was worried that something would happen to her, but she persisted. Reluctantly, he crawled on his belly till he was out of their immediate eye sight and darted. He would have to keep the scent of here and how to get here in his mind for Zetsume. The dog ran as fast as he could to find him picking up on his scent along the way. This was a much longer run than the dog had wished.

Just my luck, he thought after feeling satisfied with his search on his side. Zetsume found nothing but wild animals out here, with little traces of any life at all aside from that. He knew that he needed to hurry back. Before he could curse himself much more, Repede was seen in the distance who gave a low howl indicating to Zix that there could be trouble. He began to charge his Lightning Bolt (稲矢妻, In'yazuma) arrows, stocking four while running. Repede did not wait for Zetsume to catch up because he knew Zix was faster and would outpace him soon enough. A lot of worry swam through his mind seeing Repede. He was instructed to watch her at all costs. How many times did he have to mention that importance? His heart felt weighted by these actions or perhaps it was the uncertainty of life that truly weighed him down. Regardless, he must do all he could to take these men down before they caused any more harm. Repede brought him back towards the area that Taeru was but she was no where to be found. Zetsume gave a small death glare towards the dog before speaking, "Repede, I told you to not leave her side at all for any reason. Now she out there doing anything maybe even working for these guys for a higher pay grade. I would have caught up eventually and you should have watched her more. Damnit!"

As Zetsume scolded Repede, the dog lowered its body in an aggressive like manner and growled before barking as if arguing with him. After a few minutes of ranting between the two, it seemed to have calmed down which allowed Zix to think rationally instead of emotionally, an uncommon moment for him. Scratching his head, he looked around and took a deep breath. The two were out of breath from the argument and it seemed to calm them down even Repede seemed not riled up. Then it hit Zetsume, No, she would not have left here without leaving a sign of some sort. Yes.... I am just missing the clue somewhere.

Zetsume cleared his throat and spoke to Repede in a serious tone, "Look around, there must be some clue that will help us find her. If you find it notify me, I shall look to. If we find nothing then we must split up and search. You want to make sure she is alright, right boy? Yea... She was nice to you." When he said right boy, the dog barked as if replying. Like that, they felt empowered and not as helpless as before. Both of them had a goal, and began searching all around in hopes that she left behind some sort of symbol or way of letting us know where she went.

WC:692
Total:2978

8Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Empty Re: Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:17 pm

Taeru

Taeru

D-rank
Listening closely, she would watch Repede as he moved away, tucking her Tessen into her belt before unhooking a simple paper fan from the loop that Ripa tsume remained attached to her hip. Reaching up she would remove one of the beaded senbon from her hair allowing a small section of hair to loosen before swaying down her back. Opening the fan out to its fullest extent before pricking her finger with the senbon. Scented by my blood come follow to the nest, a show of strength only when timed right.  A rock awaiting the shade of a cloud. the blood drying quickly in the desert heat she would partially close the fan, slipping the senbon into one of the folds of her belt she would quickly remove the pouch containing her beaded senbon, she would place the fan inside of the pouch before sliding further down the dune towards a small cluster of cactus. she would attach the loop around the base of one before pressing back up to the top edge of the dune. Her fingers working at removing the metal plaque engraved with the sigle of Iwagakure no sato before turning it over, attaching it once again, now baring the symbol of a spiral.  

Tilting her head just enough before peering over the dune to see the two only just coming into view. She needed to capture their attentions to give Reped time to get away unseen. Taking a deep breath, her facial features would soften, the stern look melting away. She would rearrange part of the draped material about her leith form to make a hood, in doing so allowing more of her now feminine curves to show. Removing one of her tessen again she would stand, snapping tatsu open she would fan herself using her left hand to hide the mutilation of it. Her orbs would open and with another breath she would stand and step over the dune towards the approaching men, her demeanour changing from her usual strong purposeful stride to a more delicate amble, her right hand holding the hood, the arm pressed to her side, fanning herself as she took slower smaller steps. Only once the two’s conversation died off after spotting her did her right hand raise to wave, a smile pulling the right corner upwards steering her ambling walk towards them. “You have no idea how happy I am to see the two of you.”  having paused they would look at one another before looking back at her, “Could any of you two strapping men be able to direct me towards the Konoha no sato boarder? I’m a little lost see.” Her accent thin and her voice holding almost a musical note, soft and welcoming with each note.  The taller of the two would nudge the other the smile broadening his features once again, this time taking on a subtle difference, “well well well, a little desert flower, yeah I recon we can help you out little lady.”  Her insides sqwermed with disgust as he spoke yet her sweet persona remained. Her smile would widen as she quickened her pace a little to come face to face with them, gripping her tessen shut as they all moved closer.  The taller would stalk around her, her gaze would follow him, turning her head in the process. The shorter male would for a moment simply stare, transfixed for a moment before speaking, “now why would you waste your time on konaha when there's real men about?”  her attention though remaining spread would seem to turn solely to the shorter male, “I’m just going to visit but this is my first time traveling alone...it would seem I’m not all that good at navigation after all so if the two of you could just point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.” Her body would flinch forwards slightly as she felt the taller males hand brush along her lower back, a soft ‘ouh’ would leave her lips, too close for her liking, far too close. As he loomed over her she would look up at him innocently. “Konoha’s over three days walk from here, why don’t you come celebrate with us... another day late won’t make a difference now will it.” the back of his index and middle finger would stroke her cheek before moving to her loose hair. The shorter would begin, for a moment to protest yet she would interject, an excited tone taking to her voice “Celebrate? What will we be celebrating?”  

Once the taller man had begun to gloat of his actions and ability, seeming to hold her attentions the shorter would join in, competing with one another for her attentions as they led the way towards their camp. A sickness among the weak, they had no idea what they were bringing home... some of the prettiest flowers are poison. She would play her part and play it well she did.  Smiling, laughing, pouting, all in place to seep further inside of their trust.  

Passing through the gates to the camp had been far easier than she had anticipated, a small skeleton force manning the camp, or so it seemed. Her miss matched orbs would take in all the detail that she could right down to the blood splatters along the cuff and sleeve of the taller male. Noting where everything was placed and possible exits, the tall rock on one side to the sloping places of sand and cacti in abundance along the other side, all in all a well-placed camp showing that at least one of the groups had brains. Yet during the time it took to establish her surroundings and the few people within the walls the sound of more coming towards the gate would reach her ears. They had been closer than she thought, again counting in her head the amount of voices, it would seem they had all made it to the gates without trouble, their voices still merry and pumped with excitement as they entered the camp. Her form would slowly turn to face the arriving group as the two left her sides to welcome their comrades back. Taking in the sight of each new face, quickly able to establish their leader as they shifted naturally to give him space as he walked from the group, the two that had escorted her to the camp accompanying him. Had Zix found her note? Would he come? The aura radiating from the leader, if suck could have a scent, reeked of bloodshed and pleasure. As sickening as it could be perceived a smile would return to her lips. First impressions were, after all, most important.  Even if Zix had found the note, would he come? The leaders hand finding its way to hover close to her hip as he spoke...

Word count:1147.
Total word count: 3940.

9Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Empty Re: Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:07 am

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Repede was the first to notice something and not Zetsume. This is partially due to his nose catching wind of her scent. With a small bark he alerted Zetsume towards it who came as fast as possible. Hmmm, seems she went on ahead without me. Fuck, I hope she did not get captured. If she did, I might consider shooting her for making me go through the trouble., he thought to himself looking over the message. Using his feet, he kicked the message to scatter any resemblance of a note. He knew what next, but was unsure how to go about it. Giving a thought, he looked at Repede who was waiting for some sort of answer that seemed to take longer than normal to come up with. Zetsume did not like this situation one bit. If she died in this mission he would have to take responsibility for it, and possibly be hunted by her fellow Iwagakure Shinobi. Then again on the other hand, if she did die it would mean one less threat. It was not until Repede got impatient and snapped at Zetsume who seemed to break out of his thinking. "Right lead the way, when we get closer we can devise a plan." Repede barked a little and began walking slowly, sniffing the ground each step to ensure he was on the right path. Zetsume walked behind him, hoping that it would not take too long to catch up. With each step, the scent became stronger and Repede would hasten his step. After a good distance, there was a structure in the distance. Squinting, Zetsume could see a base like structure. Large stone walls surrounded the place making it impossible for him to see from where he was what was going on. Slowly, he made his way through. Being cautious as to not be seen from the patrols that were outside the walls. With the gate closed, even if a comotion happened it would take them a bit to get back in. From his counting, there were roughly eight men outside, two per each side of the wall. Zetsume got down on his belly and scoped out. The men were rather diligent in their guarding as they kept looking around as if ready to be attacked. Perhaps they are on edge with the recent ransacks. It would make sense to be since it would cause others to want to retaliate. Repede let out a small whimper than was only heard by Zetsume. This was a clear worry whimper as the dog wished Taeru was alright. Even though the time they spent together was short, she was nice to him and he would not let her down. Through hell or high water, Repede would try to help her if he could. Zetsume gave the dog a reassuring pat, even if he was filled with doubt himself. There was little time to spend waiting as he did not know the severity of her situation if there was one. He knew what he had to do, but there was a slight reluctant part of him that perhaps should just walk away... Repede latched onto Zetsume's arm in frustration that he was not doing anything. Giving the dog a swat on the head, he got his arm free but the dog did puncture his skin. Fine, you want to be a hero. Lets go.", he thought before getting within shooting range. He had enough time to store eight arrows now. Zetsume waited until the two on the south side wall were close enough before making a bow made of lightning chakra. The men saw the glow of it, but died before they could make a sound. Zetsume quickly knocked two arrows back and shot them simultaneously as they flew right into the men's wind pipes, stopping them from screaming. After what seemed like painful low gargles the two men's body stopped breathing. The sounds were luckily drowned out by the noises of what seemed like a party. Zetsume quickly ran after taking them down, unsummoning his bow as he ran up the wall. Repede followed him, but needed help getting all the way over in which Zetsume threw him the rest of the way. Upon landing, he was lucky there was no one. He put his body against the wall of a nearby building and shimmied down until he reached a corner. From there, he saw Taeru and so did Repede. It did not look like she was captured, and he was unsure of her situation. There was not much time before the people who he just killed bodies were found. To his estimation no longer than thirty minutes and he should try and help Taeru before then but she did not seem in danger currently.

Zetsume knelt down, whispering into the dogs ear, "I am going to find higher ground. When I start shooting, help Taeru if possible do not engage until then okay." The dog nodded but kept his eyes on Taeru. Zetsume looked around before making a nimble leap onto the top of the building he was hugging. From there he crawled on his belly until he reached the edge and remained motionless. From this spot, he could see Taeru and some man talking. Judging from how the others are looking at him, he would be the most likely to be the figure head. Zetsume needed to kill him first when shit hits the fan. For now, he kept his wits and observed. In her note, there was mention of the right time, but he was on a time limit. Not to mention how would she know he was here. Crap, I have no way to communicate with her...
Repede was impatient though, and usually too emotional. When the man before Taeru grabbed her and said something, the dog lost all control and moved instantly. Crouching low, Repede growled a menacing growl at the man before barking to get his attention. This caused Zetsume to panic, Repede was not supposed to go in like this. Fuck, now or ever, he thought before getting up and summoning a bow made of black raiton. It's glow surely caught attention of others, but Zetsume already had an arrow back and charged. He knew he would have to make this arrow stronger than what he used to kill the other guys. Zetsume poured his chakra into it, making his D rank black raiton lighting arrow A rank. In what seemed like one fluid motion from getting up to summoning and then shooting, The arrow flew quickly. At this range, Zetsume's accuracy was near perfect. The arrow flew over Taeru's shoulder narrowly missing her before piercing the man's heart in one swift hit. Zetsume did not watch him die, as he was more focused on the alert that would go off for him doing this. From where he was, Zetsume then began to try and pick off as many on the outside as he could as Repede rushed towards Taeru's side. Zetsume had no time to keep watch on her, so Repede would have to do for now. With luck, these men down here would lose moral and attack Zetsume blindly in a rage. Not to mention, if they can see who did it, then they would be less likely to go after Taeru allowing her to move mostly freely. He had used three of his eight arrows with only five left. It would be some time before he could make another so he would have to make due with what he had. One by one he let arrows fly around after charging them to A rank. When they were all shot, Zetsume would jump from roof to roof as to get a better view of the rest of the surroundings. Men were shouting and attempting to attack Zetsume but he was faster, always keeping out of reach. To his count, there were fifteen men left. He would have to bide time until he could get some more arrows, he could use an area of attack, but he could hit Repede or Taeru.

WC:1359
Total:4337

Chakra-90 (270/360):

10Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Empty Re: Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:36 pm

Taeru

Taeru

D-rank
Chaos. That which she had not expected so soon. Her attention, just like the others within the camp would turn in the direction of the menacing bark. The sound taking all by surprise, enough for the leader before her to take a grip on her hip somewhat drawing her closer only for the crackle of raiton to set the air alight with static as the arrow passed over her shoulder. Her attention would shift quicker than most save for leader himself only such was too late as the arrow pierced his flesh taking him swiftly to the ground. Taeru's left side would buckle slightly, almost being dragged with the leader fall, yet she would regain her footing but her mind raced as the chaos of panic and noise spread like wildfire around her. ‘Black raiton?’ a shiver would corse along her form as though still able to feel the power of the arrow radiate past her. She would turn to look over her shoulder in the direction the arrow had come from. Absentmindedly, however, it would seem she registered that the lackie passing her were headed for Ripede; her hand would rise to simply touch his shoulder as he passed, whilst the taller of the men that had escorted her to the camp itself placed his arm around her as though to guide her from the middle of the chaos. Yet her chakra would flair and from her, an ominous almost sickening sensation would flood the area and both those that came into contact with her would spasm, becoming ridged before dropping to their knees as screams of pain filled their air. Only then would her attention turn to the fight itself, a part of her remaining on the black raiton. The look on the faces of those about her mixed with rage from the death of their leader to shock as two of their men dropped without the sight of an actual attack. The sensation of her aura would creep up along their spines only heightening as she chose to join the fray. Her movements almost like a dance as her form twisted allowing her to take out one of the men that had fallen to their knees, as she removed Ripa tsume from the folds of the draped fabric about her body before using the momentum to slash in the same movement to slice open the second fallen males throat as broke through the genjutsu yet she would continue to move. Dipping at ann angle she would allow the thrust of a males fist to pass her taking the opportunity to use to curve of her blade to slice around his arm from his wrist to his elbow, releasing the blade only to catch it again in time to drive it into his side slipping it beneath his ribs and into his lungs.  

Not to her surprise but more so to the males that the blade had entered, the female beside her would shoulder barge her at the wrong time. The blade would press deeper into the male yet they would both tumble and crash to the ground, and both that had touched Taeru would shriek, reacting Quite the same as the first two. Releasing the grip on her blade to silence the male as she grasped his head to twist it sharply to snap his neck, speaking quickly and quietly, hoping that Repede alone would hear her and would listen to the warning. “It’s dangerous to touch me right now Repede.” Her gaze would track about seeking out the enemy, having expected Repede to have already taken the female out to blow to her back, unfortunately heavily directed towards the left of her back would cause her left hip to give way, buckling from the contact Taeru would drop, tumbling over the corpse of the male before her. Turning, Taeru’s piercing gaze would lock onto the female. the female was fighting hard to move through the waves of pain that shot through her system yet Taeru knew this one wouldn't remain under her jutsu, she had to act and quickly. The females foot would raise, the intent clean in her strained face. As the female stompped downwards, Taeru would raise Ripa tsume to stunt the blow a single olives green crackle would crawl along the blade upon impact before sending her back like an impact bomb sending the female to her rump. Taeru would grip her teeth as her left hand gripped at her own side as she shifted to her knees before using the left hand to reach out grasping the females damaged foot to drag her closer, stabbing not once more twist but three times, Taeru would aim first for the females thigh then her stomach and then just below the females collarbone. Taeru herself had yet to realise that the females kuni had sliced into her hip.  

With a swaying form, Taeru would raise casting her gaze about to find Repede and Zix, yet her gaze would fall upon those in pursuit of Zix, though he was quicker he wouldn’t be able to run forever. Hadn't he said he couldn't cope up close? Her head would tilt to one side as she watched him, waiting for him to fight back. the realisation that he may not be able to at that moment would set in quickly. Her left hand would grip at her left hip, applying pressure as she stepped closer ensuring that her enemy would be within the range of her as they pursued Zix. How long had it been since she had used this jutsu? Spinning Ripa tsume almost as though the action was innate to her as she pumped her ominous chakra into the weapon. Toxic green flame would ignite along her curved blade before forming like a raindrop in the blades curve only to travel to the back of the blade's tip, firing as the one edging closer to Zix, her aim would knock the male off course, knocking him down against the rooftop, biding a little more time for Zix himself as she concentrated in order to take out another. Counting down her ‘bullets’ having at most five remaining.

300/350 Chakra.:

Word count: 1038.
Total word count: 4978.

Last edited by Taeru on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

11Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Empty Re: Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
The puny sounds of normal arrows and other long range weapons flew past Zetsume during his stall for more arrows. His eyes would scan the field when he hopped back onto another roof. It was careless of him to not spot archer when he arrived, but Repede did not allow him such a luxury. For now, he would have to use what he saw and judge the direction of passing arrows to spot them. Three, on above two low. Most of the enemie's attention was focused on Zetsume as he shot down their strongest member. There was one problem, usually when killing the leader most groups crumble faster than this. These men seem confident in their ability to take them down and then take control of what is left. From what it seemed it was more of a competition towards who can kill him to take command than a group working towards that goal. Such disorganization however, did work to his advantage. In his current state, he could not keep up with what was going on with Repede and Taeru. Deep down he knew he needed to cause as much as a distraction as he could while he could. Behind him, three or more, from afar, even more. Zetsume was quick to notice they did not call reinforcements, rather just a rally call. Not once did they make a noise loud enough for scouting parties to hear. During his carelessness and analyzing the battle too much, Zetsume felt the sting of something embedded into his left shoulder. Shit, Repede be alright he thought while firing an A rank arrow at the archer that had high ground. Jumping while spinning, he shot with deadly accuracy into his heart. The one he shot fell off the house he was upon almost unnoticed by his comrades who kept their eyes on him. It would only be a matter of time before they caught up to him or worse started targeting Taeru and Repede. Jumping towards a roof, he needed to keep their eyes on him. Zetsume kept running for now, trying to keep them from him.

While Zetsume is distracting as many as he could, Repede had other things on his mind. He needed to keep her safe, and felt somewhat helpless as he watched her attack two men with something that he could tell must be genjutsu or medical related. The dog had seen similar reactions towards people under Zetsume's genjutsu, and favored that over the latter. While Taeru delt with two men, a blindside attack caused Repede to move closer towards her, but something caught his eye. An archer dared mock his masters art and aimed at Taeru while she tussled with another female. While the archer was aiming, Repede shot a Forceful Bark at him, causing the arrow he would launch soon after fly into another direction. As for the archer, he would suffer something similar to being hit square on the nose. Surely fractured, and would cause him to be helpless for the time being. Repede turned his attention towards Taeru, and dashed to help her if he could. Repede was helpless as her whispers entered his ears to not get near her while she fought someone. Repede wanted to aid her, but also listened to her wordings as they did seem serious and given what happened he figured if he got close he could end up like they were. Knowing this, he needed to take care of outside interference while trusting in her judgement even with how it worried him seeing her in pain. Repede made sure there would be nothing else that would bother Taeru aside from what she bit off. Keeping his distance, his heart raced as the dog fought his instinct to help.

Zetsume managed to pull the arrow from his shoulder during his distracting. Blood began to seep from the wound, but did not hurt as his adrenaline would not allow that. Pulling his arrow back he let another loose towards an archer that was aiming for him, head shot. Despite it not being empowered, the arrow managed to embed itself far enough to make the assailant not want to fight. While he made the shot, something from his side caught his attention. The two men still following him caught up, at this angle and range he would not have time to react. Bracing himself with his arms, Zetsume attempted to dodge which was unneeded. The man that was about to cause serious damage to his arm was thrown to the side by something that struck his ribs. His body tumbled and fell from the roof, this enabled Zetsume to shoot the last pursuer with a clean shot to the heart with an A rank arrow. Desperately, the last pursuer tried to swing, but failed. Zetsume causally pushed him aside as his body fell near his comrades who fell earlier. Crouching down, Zetsume needed to asses his situation not wasting a moment after being able to catch his breath. Upon this roof he had a good eye on what was going on. Seeing the current fast paced slaughter, some were hiding now who were once brave. Since Taeru saved Zix from a costly wound, it was assumed she and Repede were both safe. Looking around he saw nor heard any immediate threats. Zetsume let out a low whistle that quickly raised before ending and waved towards the two to come his way while staying low to the building to not be seen. To him, the mission was mostly done. Any that were left would be scarce and mostly alone. Zetsume was not well versed in going into each place to eradicate, rather disturb it enough that it cannot rebuild and must join other forces. From there, the remaining forces would either join with his side or join the side he is paid to shoot. Regardless, to him they would live another day unless an action causes him to kill. He still had one arrow and from this perched spot, he could easily take down most even between structures. Zetsume waited for the two to show up, staying alert while finally feeling the pain that his shoulder held. Perhaps he needed to retreat not because of his doubt to check houses that could have waiting assailants at close range, but rather his wound put him on edge because long shots would be harder with the pain. When they caught up, he would not say a word but move towards the outer walls to get out. If they followed or not was up to them.

Repede watched as Taeru let out a green flame like object fly at someone going towards Zetsume. A sudden fear fell upon him as he did not need to worry of Zetsume much. To the dog, he would get less scolded for watching mission partners than Zetsume who liked to work alone. The man was knocked off course as Zetsume landed a fatal blow to another one. Repede wanted to hug her for such a thing, but still remembered to stay away as he did not know how long. A stench, foul and musty fell into the air as he looked around to see a man, waiting to attack Taeru at an inoppotrune moment. Repede wanted, no needed to, save her for saving Zetsume. A jutsu he had not yet used came into action. His body moved instictively as On the Hunt was activated. With his bonus speed and strength he moved quickly towards Taeru who had a hand coming so close to touching her. Mere inches away, Repede was fast enough to jump into the air and strike the man's exposed neck. Repede drug the man down with him on his fall, shaking his head to tear open the neck. Blood poured and the man flailed for but a moment before accepting his death to use it to reflect his life. Letting go, Repede walked towards Taeru. Had situations been different perhaps he would feel guilty for that, but he did not. Not once did that act come across to him as wrong because of why he did it. To the dog, it was not the cruelties of man that man him kill but rather the losing of something precious no matter how minute. A low pitch was heard in the dog's ears as he regrouped with Taeru, the pitch then went higher in an instant then stopped. Repede knew what that meant, to retreat towards the sound as quickly as possible. If not, Zetsume did once threaten to leave him behind if he did not listen. When he made it back towards Taeru, the dog barked and kept his distance still, just in case. He would bark a few times before looking at Taeru and the direction of the whistle. Hoping she would guess his signal, the dog would make his way towards the sound making sure Taeru was following.

WC:1495
Total:5832

12Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Empty Re: Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:48 pm

Taeru

Taeru

D-rank
As the air behind her shifted un-naturally her form would flinch away before twisting her form as her footing shifted, ready to set off another bullet only to find that such wouldn’t be necessary as she watched Repede take down one of the enemies, tearing out the male's throat. As Repede returned to her the right side of her lips would draw upwards into a grateful smile, “Thank you Repede.” Still not yet reaching out to pet him her attention would shift about the small mud huts. She couldn’t leave without checking. Leaving behind even one could cause trouble later down the line, and such she would not allow if she could help it. Naturally she would stalk towards the nearest door, listening before pushing the door open slowly, each hut and tent more a less the same; a small open living area with a bedroll set out,occasionally a raised bedroll could be found, along strew of empty liquor bottles littering the ground of one of the larger huts, more so than the others. Even as Repede signalled and attempted to withdraw she would continue. Her left hand still gripping her hip, tightening with each slightly limped step, the gracefulness slipping as the earlier attack took its toll on her weakened side. Gritting her teeth, she would take long deep breaths.  

Exiting the last of the housing and storage rooms she would step out into the open allowing the door to swing closed behind her, only from the reflection of shadows and her periorbital vision did she bare witness to a silent incoming of an attack. Yet such was not aimed for her but for Repede. Her chakra would shortage removing all that she held active as she sprinted, her bound drawing her closer to the hound. “Repede!” reaching just in time to shove him to one side, yet for her action, she would suffer. The stalking attack that had been aimed for Repede would strike her harshly in the ribs of her left side forcing her meters along the sand, though the living wood would follow her dipping in and out of the sand like a serpent. Spinning through the air she would attempt to regain herself and would have achieved such if she handly landed with her weight upon her left side causing her form to roll through the sand once landing. Her initial splutter and cough at the impact would morph into a heaved wheeze, struggling to take in the capacity of her lungs. Her body shaking she would hoist her torso up into a sitting position as she rested upon her right side. Setting her gaze on the enemy that stood with one hand keeping his upright against one of the huts. a sway in his somewhat stumbled steps as he stepped from the darkening shadows as the sun began to set. Like déjà vu she would take in the male's features, save for a slightly younger look, this male could easily have been mistaken for the leader now dead in the sand, taken out by the black raiton arrow. But... was he, drunk? Pushing to her feet her sway didn't seem to be as bad as his in that instance, “Repede you need to get out of here. I can give you time.” Shifting her feet she would move with the drunk enemy, each of her strike met by a sheet of wood to simply knock her attacks off course. He was faster, enough for it to be a problem. Yet for as good as his defence seemed his attacks were less so in his drunken stumble of attacks in return, half-hearted attacks compared to the first, yet blocking them was still a problem. She would have to take a hit to give a hit, this she knew through past experiences.  

As she swiped Ripa tsume close to his face his opposite hand would harshly push her elbow taking a quick grip to force her downwards and away in the movement, As her form slipped downwards her left leg would rise to clip him in the face as she went down, so too, would he. Unexpecting of the unorthodox attack at the time he would sit up holding his face in his hand yet Taeru would suffer her actions as her form crumpled to the ground, the connection of her left foot to his face had sent a sickening pain up from her weakened hip right the way to her wounded ribs, forcing a yelp of pain to leave her, yet she hadn’t the luxury to just lay around and catch her breath. She would as quick as her body would allow, to roll away from the male still occupied with rubbing his face, the confusion still evident upon his features as she pushed into a low crouch, locking her miss-matched gaze upon him.  As he lent to his side he would push to stand, stumbling for a moment before righting his form once again, a smirk crawling his lightly blood stained lips, “Hn flexible I see, but whats up with your balance?” Her brow creasing at his words only for her head to dip a touch to one side, “Your one to talk.”  He was using conversation to distract her as his one hand formed signs leaving the other to continue rubbing at his face. Readying herself for his attack she would lean slightly, favouring her right side as she passed Ripa tsume to her left hand allowing its movement to be more fluid now that her pinky was not in the way. Pumping her chakra down her arm and into her weapon she would wait, the weapon would coat in toxic green flames, at first so low against the blade itself that it was only just noticeable, making the blade look as though it were simply glowing. Again like snakes in the sand, the wood would weave aiming for her, yet she had been waiting. Raising her hand above her head she would flick the blade forcing it to twist at a rapid speed spreading the toxic gree flames down and around her like a safety blanket, this, however, would not fully stop the man's attack as burning ashen branches burst through her defence. The branches first making contact with her stomach before wrapping like a vice around her dragging her through the air before planting itself against one of the mud huts, no matter her struggle it seemed to continue to pulse as it shifted over her body like a course liquid encasing her torso arms and ankles, effectively pinning her in place as he stepped closer.  

With a lopsided smile in place, even with the slightly bloody lip he would place one hand lazily against the section of wood that held her left arm in place before using the knuckle of his free hand to tap against the wood encasing her stomach, “Lets see, I wake up to find my comrades slaughtered for the most part, there's no more drink and the only souls I find in the camp are you and some mutt. Entertain me more, let’s see if your gonna scream for me.” his hand would slide upwards toward her left-hand in which still clutched Ripa tsume as the wood warped and shifted from her stomach to expose it. Holding her restricted breathing steady her gaze would dull and her lips would close. Her mind ready yet a shiver crawled along her form.  

Word count: 1259.
Total word count: 6237.

285/350:

13Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Empty Re: Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:42 am

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Repede took into consideration her thanks. The dog's head would move along her hand before he would notice that her thoughts were elsewhere. This caused him to stand at attention next to her. It did not take long before the dog knew that there was more to be done as he looked at the conviction in her face to see it though. One by one the two would search throughout the shabby houses. Searching for something, something that Repede did not know. One thing he did know though that if something were to happen to Taeru under his watch that Zetsume would not accept any half assed excuse. Even when the dog felt fullfilled in the search, Taeru seemed to not be satisfied. Everytime he would try to signal for them to fall back she kept pursiverening. Repede knew that the only thing he could do was stay close and try to stay alert. The dog did not know the pain that would soon come, as he was pushed aside from it as Taeru  took the damage. The dog was rolled but quickly gained composure as he witnessed a sight he should not have seen. From the shadows someone attacked Repede who was saved by Taeru. He saw as she took a force to her ribs moving her back. With no word, the man seemed nonchalant about the two. While the man lacked true leadership qualities, he did have a sense of power looming over him. His somewhat raggedy clothes seemed to match his attitude as he looked upon the two with such disgust. Taeru who regained herself as best as possible tried to warn Repede to retreat, but the dog did not want to had it not been for how she seemed. Repede knew at once what he should do and that would be to find Zetsume. If she could buy enough time, the three of them could strike him from multiple angles. One thing about this man was that he still did not know Zetsume was even in the equation. Repede hesitantly moved, each step he made away from her convicted him to find Zetsume in hopes that the two could do something to aid her. With each step, he would move faster until running.

How long must I keep this area cleared before they make it... Something is wrong, Repede never goes this long without a signal during a mission. Zetsume thought as he sat high above on a house. For quite a few minutes he had waited upon the roof for the two but they were not in sight. Deep down he knew that he needed to see what was wrong. Zetsume was torn between safety and reassurance on their well being. Quite a feeling he was unused to. The only thing he knew was that if he did not act soon then it would have been all for naught. Standing up, Zetsume went in search for the two. His searching did not last long as he could see Repede in the distance. The two locked eyes for just a moment before Repede darted in the other direction opposite of where Zetsume was. This could mean only one thing, that something was indeed wrong. Damnit, Repede would have gave him some sort of signal other than that if things were not dire. The dog seemed possessed now to make it back as quickly as possible and with his jutsu still active he was quite fast. Zetsume followed him unsure of what was before him. For now, all he could do was think of every possible scenario. It was not until then that it clicked with him. The man he assumed to be a leader type, was so, but not the actual leader. There was someone stronger, better within here that Zetsume did not encounter first. This lead his heart rate to pick up as he followed Repede. The thrill of a hunt was upon him once more.

Repede was first on the scene. From a distance, he saw the man move towards Taeru in a cocky manner. She was pinned against one of the huts and despite her struggle, she could not break free. Repede and Zetsume had worked enough missions to know how to effectively use the Archer at hand in this case. The dog needed to avert his attention from the side Zetsume was coming from. The two were used to pincer like attacks and since the dog is lower to the ground, Zetsume was usually able to effectively shoot without harming Repede. With a loud bark, Repede barked at the man violently as he charged him quickly. Branch like objects came from the ground one by one that grabbed at Repede and seemed to come closer to grabbing him as he got closer. When one grazed his fur upon trying to grab, the dog began to encircle the man as if trying to attack from the other side but the dog was just doing what he was taught. Naturally, the man's gaze shifted to followed the dog. When his back was turned from the side Repede could was coming from the dog began his charge again but much faster. Quickly the dog bridged the gap and tried hard to aim for the man as he was just too fast as his arm extended slightly to reach out and hit the dog hard enough to make him fly a few meters away in the other direction. A yelp was heard from the dog followed by the sound of an arrow piercing something.

Zetsume was not far behind the dog, but far enough to only worry him even more. When he came around the side of a house, he saw a man before him that he did not know and Taeru trapped. Repede did what was expected though, distract him long enough for Zetsume to get into position. Seeing as the man did not look towards Zetsume that he did not have a sensory jutsu active. There was one problem though, Repede did not wait for him to get into position once again and acted upon emotions. The dog uselessly charged the man, which made Zetsume see his opening. When the man would retaliate upon the dog for this actions, Zetsume would need to use this moment to hit them an with as much as he could. For now, he had four arrows and was profficient enough to shoot three at A rank. It was putting all his eggs into one basket but he needed to do something. As the man hit repede hard, Zetsume fired three shots. From this distance, without defensives nor vision, he had no way to stop what was coming. Zetsume aimed all three shots into various points into his body. The man who seemed to be on a power high, felt the sting of black Raiton arrows into his back. Three shots hit him, two logged into the left ribs breaking them and causing puncturing to the lungs while the last was imbedded into his left shoulder before dissipatiing. The man used let out a wail of pain as he turned to see Zetsume in the eyes. One handed, the man used seals as spikes of wood came from below Zetsume quickly. Zetsume was not quite fast enough to dodge them all as he was struck by four. The power of them were weak, but two hit his left arm. This would cause him to be less effective as an archer and the man seemed to realize that and rush Zetsume. Narrowly dodging swings from more of a mad man, Zetsume moved back. The only thing he could do was keep his distance for now and assess the situation. From his standpoint this man seems to be able to use Mokuton. As if thing were not already annoying enough as is. Zetsume was only so fast before the man managed to build a wall behind him of wood enclosing him as his right arm came up. With a duck, Zetsume dodged but felt something on the wall grip him. His eyes would turn towards tiny wood hands protruding from the wall gripping at his clothes as if afraid of falling. A swift kick landed against Zetsume's already injured arm as he could feel the full attack as it was forced against the wall. Raising his right arm, the man went for the killing strike but was stopped by something that took him to the ground fast. Repede who had regained his composure after the hit kept up the task and followed the two from a distance before attacking when the man was over confident. Repede's teeth sank into the man's throat as the two two went to the ground with Repede on top. With a few thrashes of his head, the man's throat opened and soon he would die. Breathing heavy, Repede laid down next to the corpse. It would seem that the whole ordeal left him too tired to carry on. That and the hit early seemed to cause internal damage. The dog laid there on his side panting hard. Zetsume soon broke himself free before rushing towards Repede's side. Kneeling down to pet him softly on the head before whispering, "You did good boy, rest for now". After that was said, Zetsume walked over towards Taeru who was trapped. His adrenaline wore off and he could feel the pain in his arm and legs fully. It would seem the other two shots from the ground that hit him, hit his left and right legs in the calf and thigh respectively. That would explain his decrease in speed. Slowly, he hobbled to Taeru before using his good arm to pull a kunai from his waist to stab at what was on Taeru until she was free. Once she was, Zetsume would speak to her in an out of breath tone, "Repede is in bad condition. I need to get him to someone who can help before it is too late. Thank you but I do not have time to clean up this place anymore. I am sorry Taeru, and I hope you can make it back safely. Take care if you can." After that was said, Zetsume seemed to move towards Repede quickly lifting him up while ignoring the pain that he felt before moving forward. Zetsume turned around once when Repede looked up as if saying goodbye to her. The two had a run before them before they could be able to get aid. Zetsume would give only but a thought on if Taeru would be alright but felt compelled to make sure Repede is alright above all else. Still, he would not forget soon on her work here today. Zetsume could feel some sort of respect for her even though he needed to get the dog to help.[/i]

{Exit Thread}

WC:1818
Total:7650

14Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Empty Re: Thinning the Lines (Mission/Taeru) Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:23 am

Taeru

Taeru

D-rank
Like a saving grace, the arrows of her comrade within this mission would give her the chance as her mind kicked into overdrive. A surge of chakra would flicker along her form before enveloping Ripa tsume as the enemy before he was knocked from her main sight. Tensing her form, she prepared herself for any damage that she could easily sustain from her own jutsu, shifting the position of Ripa tsume in her hand she would clash the blade against the wall of the hut, the impact would quickly deafen her as the shockwave so close ventured outwards. And for but a moment the dull haze of silence would hold as though time itself stood still. Her gaze would dart about as both Repede and Zix shot past her and with the enemy out of sight, yet the sound of the wall in which she was pinned, cracking would not venture forth to her ears, however, the slacking sensation would not go unnoticed as the wall gave in. Dropping with a harsh thud against the ground would force a choked splutter from her as her right hand immediately shited to grip at her ribs, winded and struggling to catch her breath past the small inhales she could manage.  

She would push to raise, first to a sitting position and then to her knees as she swallowed back a spluttered cough, even the shudder such caused her form would send splinters of pain through her ribs drawing goosebumps along her flesh to raise the finer hairs along the back of her neck. Yet, she didn't have time for this, she needed to move she needed to help. Stumbling to her feet she would sway with each step slowly shaking the fuzzy sensation from her head as she neared the broken wall and the still standing wood. With another painful shudder, she would step back opting to head through the door of the building before heading back around the building, making sure not to come into contact with the wood as she maneuvered towards the scent of Zix and Repede, the scent thicker as it sat lined with blood. The pace of her heart would quicken, they were hurt. Her gaze would dart about as she picked up into a sprint, her hearing having still not returned to her from the impact of her own jutsu to free herself, yet the sensation of blood trickling from her ear would not go unmissed nor would the dull sat pain deep within her ear just behind her jaw.  

Releasing her grip on her side she would quickly scale the newly formed wooden wall only to arrive just as Repede made contact with their enemy, the impact itself causing the structure to wobble. Her form would instantly shift into a crouch, her left hand would grip the wooden wall to steady herself as her right hand shifted to grip against her ribs, the unexpected movement sending another jolt of pain through her system. It was strange to watch a scene play out before her without any sound through the vibrations within the air screamed out that there was indeed so much sound going on around her, and though it were mere milliseconds of action, it seemed to stretch out for a lifetime within slow motion. Once the unsteady movement of the wall had ceased she would shift as though stepping down the wooden hands to Repede's side, shifting into a crouch to inspect the enemy to make sure he had been taken out before drawing her gaze to Repede as the only signal past her periorbital vision of the hound dropping to his side would be the small amount of up flow in the sand as the finder particles detached from the main body of sand to enter the air. She would scramble over the cadaver of the enemy causing it to sink slightly into the sand. She would lean over Reped, “I’m sorry, thank you for coming back for me.” Her words would come as a mere mumble like whisper as her left hand would pass over the hounds fur seeking out damage before the upturn of sand could capture her attention once again, turning her attention in its direction she would naturally place her form before Repede as though to use her own body to shield the hound, raising Ripa tsume in the process. Yet as soon as she realized that the upturn of sand was caused by Zix would she immediately move out of his way allowing him access immediately to Repede.  

She would return to her knees as Zix Checked Repede over, taking the opportunity to check him over, assessing his wounds before detaching one of the drapes of fabric from around her body, further exposing some more o her tight body suit, yet such would also show random almost unexplainable raises and dips with the curve in her figure on her left side, yet such was simply where she still had to wear bandaged or were particularly deep  sections of flesh were now permanently missing. With the removal of the drape, a somewhat too sweet of a scent would waft up into the air before sitting in it, quite similar to the scent that had been left on the fan that she had left as a note for Zix and Repede in her own blood.  Using her own thighs as a desk she would tear the soft fabric into a few strips before shifting her form closer. She would place her right hand against his shoulder indicating that she was so close before picking up one of her newly fashioned bandages, quickly and oddly deftly, even for her damaged left hand, she would begin to patch up his arm. Pausing only to indicate with the index of her left hand to her ear showing the blood and that her hearing still hadn't fully recovered. “I can't hear well. Thank you or coming back, you two need to get proper medical assistance, I can't do anything to help Repede, do you have a healer for him?” yet the confirmation as he continued to speak would draw forth a nod from her. Having tightened the few bandaged she had placed upon him to make his movements easier she would drape the remaining shreds of fabric over his shoulder before assisting him to lift Repede. “Get out here, I’ll make sure that you are not followed from this place.”  

With that, her right hand would return to her ribs as her left tucked Ripa tsume away once more. She would watch them for a moment before giving the place another check before following after the two herself, making sure to keep a decent distance away. she would follow to the point of watching them enter the designated zone for Kumogakures camp before turning away. Knowing that they had made it gave a small ripple of relief to pulse through her system. Setting back off through the desert was easier this time as the night drew in, bringing with it cooler air. She would rearrange the draped fabric around her, forming a hood and a shawl around her shoulders and chest to protect herself and her ears from the swirls of sand and cool air. Tracking back the way she came first back to the small camp of the enemy, their cadavers already swallowed by the sands, a scary prospect. Pausing her she would refill her canteen before retracing her steps back to  Iwagakure no Sato’s camp that harbored her bed and attending doctor, making sure to retrieve her pouch and kuni along her way.

265/350:

Exit Thread.

Word count: 1279.
Total word count: 7516.

Mission: 3500/3500 - Extra ryo for word count: 4000/4000 to give double ryo reward.

Total word count of the thread: 15166.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.