You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ryo Knetegawa

Ryo Knetegawa

D-rank
Ryo sighed as he walked through Kumogakure. He was back from the land of winds, and he had done all that he could for his former country and people, but there was nothing left for him to do there. They would either join, or they wouldn’t. Still, he wished he could’ve done more, even if he didn’t have the foggiest notion of what ‘more’ he could’ve done. Being in what was his home country brought back lots of memories however, and not all of them were pleasant. For instance, the memory of how he and his siblings escaped from the village while it was under attack was very heavy in his mind.

Presently, he decided that he would just relax and enjoy the day. There was nothing more that he could do to assist the efforts of Kumogakure in the land of winds, and there was little and less he would gain from worrying about it. Walking through the village once again he heaved a most relaxed sigh. His body had taken quite a pounding, and he had worn himself ragged trying his best to help Kumogakure take control of vast sections of the land of wind without any bloodshed, or rather without any needless bloodshed.

As he walked along the village hidden among the clouds he stopped at a dumpling shop. Ordering a dozen skewers of dumplings and a small pot of tea he retired to a bench outside. He decided that he would enjoy his meal quietly without much of a care in the world. He wore his very typical outfit with black shorts, a long-sleeved blue t-shirt, and a cloud grey V neck t-shirt. Over this of course, was the Knetegawa Lab Coat that was his signature, hidden under it was his scroll holster so he would make sure that they are fairly hidden. He sat there eating his dumplings wondering if he was going to meet anyone interesting today, or perhaps if something interesting was going to happen.

Hyde

Hyde

D-rank
Hyde had a mind now to go to market. His weapons were prepared and he had the coin for it. He had put it off long enough, this shinobi way. Hidden within his talent in the medical field. A surgeon starting at a clinic with the more simple surgeries provided him with a comfortable and cushioned life style. He had allowed himself to slip from that killer instinct over the last year and now, now he was feeling rusty. Still it didn't take him long to emerge from the dark doorway of his apartment ad brush his hair out of his face. A moment before He had been laying in bed fairly dressed down to his boxers. He would dress in black slacks with a tucked in white shirt and black socks. Fingers running through his long dark hair to keep any mess away. He would slip on his vest next, dark in color. Finally he would move to the door. Satisfied with his appearance he would calmly collect his things. Including the doctors bag for a just in case. Slipping out his apartment door with hardly a sound since waking up. Locking it behind him and making his way to the gates. His keys in his pocket and the kunai and senbon strapped to his leg in their pack.

He had barely gotten outside the gates when he broke right and went off the beaten path. This particular vendor was not easy to locate short of walking along the edge of the village wall. How he had located the vendor to begin with. A shady weapons sales person. Cloaked so only their eyes and hands would show. It was obvious they had not crafted these weapons themselves. Tools of the trade looted off the dead was the most likely scenario. Still he didn't mind as their was a pair of weapons they had which he wanted. A hammer and a hand axe. Advertised as named weapons. A set called Bonnie and Clyde. He found the reference amusing but the price was a thousand ryo. It pained him a little as it was almost all his savings. Still he would find it after just a dozen minutes of rushed pace through the rough terrain. A single tent. Idly he would step within. There behind a single chest was a seated individual. Still cloaked and watching him with glowing yellow eyes, Idly the individual would raise their hand with the palm up. Expecting payment. \

It was a wordless transaction. A sack of coins would be placed in the waiting hand. It would be adjusted and weighed idly before there was a nod. With that they pulled up the belt with the weapons buttoned up into either hip. The yellow eyed individual would seem pleased as Hyde would put on the belt before ushering him out the door of the tent. Once he was outside he adjusted his belt a moment before looking back. Staring a moment as the tent was simply gone. His eyes would narrow at the obvious ninja antics before he would sigh and make his way to market. Carrying the new weapons clipped to his belt as he would reach into his vest pocket. He would reach a dumpling shop quickly by the time he begun lighting the first smoke. He didn't get far however as suddenly the smoke was snatched from his mouth. Grey eyes would glance up to a couple of adult males. Smirking as one of them placed the lit cigarette in between his lips and puffed. "Kids shouldn't smoke. It's bad for you. Go home" Oh but wasn't it aggravating. He was in his twenties but his slow aging made him look closer to ten. Slowly as if by instinct his right hand would lower to rest on top of the hammer on his right hip. Harmful intent flooding off of him but the fools before him had dulled senses. To dulled to feel the danger coming.

Ryo Knetegawa

Ryo Knetegawa

D-rank
Ryo smiled as he enjoyed his dumplings without much more than simple words between some passersby. He had only just started on the last of his dumplings before he saw a youth dressed very interestingly. He was dressed in black slacks with a tucked in white shirt and black socks. This was a very interesting look for a shinobi to have, and truth be told if it weren’t for Ryo’s eyes knowing well what to look for he wouldn’t have been able to tell that this person was a shinobi. When he pulled out his cigarette to start smoking he watched with a raised brow. This was something unusual, and he knew that there were several different people who smoked, and it seemed to be a very common thing. He wondered why there were so many people who smoked. He had heard somewhere that it was because smoking eased stress, however, he couldn’t understand this because if he was stressed he either killed what made him stressed or he would just go off to help shape his beloved children.

That was when he saw that a couple of adults decided to poke their noses in where they weren’t wanted. These people weren’t shinobi, and in Ryo’s mind shinobi were to be treated with great respect without any question. Ryo slowly stood up and walked up next to the youth dressed in the very unusual clothes. He looked up at the two adults shaking his head in annoyance as he took one of the dumplings off of the skewer and chewed it silently. He allowed the adults to notice his present before he spoke “Now, Now, Now I trust you both have a good reason for bothering a shinobi? That was his cigarette, and I trust you have a way to pay him back for it, or plan to at least say thank you. It would be dreadful if you thought that it was acceptable to harass a Shinobi in such a fashion. After all, he is one of your protectors. Would you really plan to upset him? When it could be him called upon to save your families, protect your homes, and your village.” He said this with the simplest cold calculating words that were his typical speech.

The second man who stood with his friend seemed to be very nervous about this. Ryo’s blood drop tattoos were not unknown here in the village of Kumogakure. His clan was now twice and a half as large as it had been before Sunagakure’s fall. The main branch split between Kirigakure, and Kumogakure. Two thirds had come to Kumogakure, the other third had gone to Kirigakure. Now, they had swollen up the numbers in the two locations. Ryo saw the fear that was written on the second man’s face he well knew of Ryo’s clan it seemed. He was happy to see this, and he smiled a cold malicious smile that made the man jump ever so slightly before he turned and started to walk quickly away from the pair. This left the pair with the last man who had spoken. Ryo raised his brow at the man smirking “Are you going to do something stupid alone?” he asked his hand dropping to his weapon pouch “Please, give me an excuse. I love putting down stupid dogs.”

Total: 905

Hyde

Hyde

D-rank
“Now, Now, Now I trust you both have a good reason for bothering a shinobi? That was his cigarette, and I trust you have a way to pay him back for it, or plan to at least say thank you. It would be dreadful if you thought that it was acceptable to harass a Shinobi in such a fashion. After all, he is one of your protectors. Would you really plan to upset him? When it could be him called upon to save your families, protect your homes, and your village.” Hyde would pause a moment in his consideration of ending the two. It would be frowned upon but he could make something up. Still the sudden noise would draw his grey gaze. Colorless orbs studying the white haired boy next to him. His teardrop tattoos were interesting but not something hyde was familiar with. Instead he would let the other kid speak. Though catching himself on the thought of other kid. Damn, even he was starting to do it. He was an adult damn it. He was twenty. Had ID to buy smokes and everything. Bastards always throwing him off guard with the child like demeanor he presented passively. His own clan having its own issues for the first forty years.

Still the words rang true enough. Even if he had lacked in his duties for some time. He had still been acting as a medic during that time and he was healing the same families. Or rather the free clinic was for those who couldn't afford an alternative. His own hand would slip away from unclipping his weapons. If this young man was going to talk some sense into them he supposed violence wasn't the only answer. Still there was a tension he wanted to release on the fools. Regardless his eyebrow would raise as one of the men took the hint and quickly began to walk away. Did this newcomer have some sort of reputation? Hyde would remain silent as the kid continued for the remaining man. “Are you going to do something stupid alone?” he asked his hand dropping to his weapon pouch “Please, give me an excuse. I love putting down stupid dogs.” With that the man would grunt before looking between the two of them. Two shinobi clearly armed. They might be small but they were trained soldiers and with sharp objects to make up for any physical weakness.

The remaining man would turn with a huff and square his shoulders. Glaring around to see if anyone was watching and laughing. Much to the relief of the establishment no one made eye contact. Still there was suddenly movement at C rank speed as the smoke between his lips was suddenly gone. He hadn't even seen either of them move but Hyde was pulling a lighter out of his vest pocket as he quietly lit his smoke. Putting the lighter back as he glanced up to the man. Letting out a smoke ring as they made eye contact. In a split moment Hyde had shown that he was far faster than the man. If nothing else he recognized that. The man would be filled with doubt now before he grunted an apology and turned to leave. Letting Hyde take another drag of his smoke before his eyes shifted to the other boy again. Flicking the ash off the end of his smoke as he was careful not to blow smoke in his face. Looking him over he looked capable and that weapons pouch suggested he thought himself as much. Still Hyde would speak calmly as he always did. A slight accent to his voice.

"While your help is appreciated, I had it handled. I don't owe you anything. No life debt or such. That's all I wanted to make clear. That aside you seem rather...foreign to me. Are you not from around here? One of the refugee's perhaps? I had seen plenty at the gates. Careful about issuing threats to the citizens. If they report us we get it put in our files."
He mentioned like someone who had a rather large file.

Ryo Knetegawa

Ryo Knetegawa

D-rank
Ryo sighed heavily as he shook his head. He had really wanted to fight, at least to put down these vile things without a bit of mercy in his heart. However, he was caught off guard by the statement that the youth made. He frowned deeply as he looked at the other youth “I am not one who would do that, nor do I think that you need to be so quick to dismiss a favor done. True you owe me nothing, we are commrades, but that is a shabby way to thank someone for stepping in to give you aid. Whether or not you needed it is irrelevant I knew you didn’t need it, but I also knew that I wouldn’t have been able to call myself a shinobi if I just let a comrade stand alone against dogs like that. Still, I suppose that if my assistance was so unwelcome then I shall remember it for the future and not offer it again.” He said his tone clearly one of scolding and chastisement.

When he heard the questions that were directed at him he bristled even more “I am not a native to the land of Lightning no, but I live here and have lived here for some time. I am Ryo Knetegawa of the Knetegawa clan. My clan branch has lived here for many generations. I am a refugee, but I am also not. A Knetegawa must always offer home, hearth, and safety to another Knetegawa.” The last bit was clearly a quote from something. He gave a shrug of his shoulders “Still, I brought some of those refugees back as part of a mission I had done for the Raikage.” He then waved the bit about the adding it to the file “Do you think that they would go to the Raikage, or our Jounin and tell them how they were harassing a shinobi of Kumogakure, and another stopped them issuing a warning about what would happen if they didn’t? I think not. Besides it is our word against theirs and being that we are both shinobi I would easily say our word is far better as well as worth far more than theirs.” He gave a great shrug of his shoulders before he easily leapt back over the railing onto the café’s outter deck to sit back down at his table.

He gave a yawn and gestured to the chair that was empty at his table “Well, you are welcome to join me. If you find it to your convenience. Also, you should not be afraid to defend yourself even from those who are not shinobi. If you give them an inch they will take a mile, and they shall let this go to their head. Sunagakure learned that the hard way, I suggest that you do not let Kumogakure go the same way. The sheep will grow stupid, wild, and diseased if the wolves do not keep them in their place.” He said dryly clearly annoyed with the thought of both what happened to Suna, but what he believed these two would represent to Kumo.

Total: 1,430

Hyde

Hyde

D-rank
“I am not one who would do that, nor do I think that you need to be so quick to dismiss a favor done. True you owe me nothing, we are comrades, but that is a shabby way to thank someone for stepping in to give you aid. Whether or not you needed it is irrelevant I knew you didn’t need it, but I also knew that I wouldn’t have been able to call myself a shinobi if I just let a comrade stand alone against dogs like that. Still, I suppose that if my assistance was so unwelcome then I shall remember it for the future and not offer it again.” Hyde was being chastised. He could easily see this and his first reaction was to react defensively. He would cross his arms and put himself in a position where he was obviously walled off and defiant. His eyes narrowing to match the boys frown. Perhaps he was preparing to argue back his own point in a matching tone. To defend himself even in the wrong was a common reaction he had. However he was fully aware of this flaw. So he would take a breath and force his arms to lower to his sides. Adjusting his attitude to continue to open his mind and listen.

“I am not a native to the land of Lightning no, but I live here and have lived here for some time. I am Ryo Knetegawa of the Knetegawa clan. My clan branch has lived here for many generations. I am a refugee, but I am also not. A Knetegawa must always offer home, hearth, and safety to another Knetegawa.” The last bit was clearly a quote from something. He gave a shrug of his shoulders “Still, I brought some of those refugees back as part of a mission I had done for the Raikage.” He then waved the bit about the adding it to the file “Do you think that they would go to the Raikage, or our Jounin and tell them how they were harassing a shinobi of Kumogakure, and another stopped them issuing a warning about what would happen if they didn’t? I think not. Besides it is our word against theirs and being that we are both shinobi I would easily say our word is far better as well as worth far more than theirs.” The other was basically blistering with irritation and feeling the need to tell him off. Not a word of it wasn't meant to sting at him. Even as informative as it was of his thoughts Hyde still felt his right eye twitch twice. Forcing his hands to remain at his side as he hooked his thumbs into his pockets. Still the young man would easily hop over the railing of an establishment before finding his seat once more. Continuing. Even as he scolded Hyde he made space next to himself with a clear indication with his hand. “Well, you are welcome to join me. If you find it to your convenience. Also, you should not be afraid to defend yourself even from those who are not shinobi. If you give them an inch they will take a mile, and they shall let this go to their head. Sunagakure learned that the hard way, I suggest that you do not let Kumogakure go the same way. The sheep will grow stupid, wild, and diseased if the wolves do not keep them in their place.”

Hyde would take a breath before stepping up. He would seem to shift upwards fluidly to step on the rail with only some hint at a lack of experience and skill. He was still a genin after all. It showed but not horribly. Still he would settle himself down in the chair next to the kid that had been indicated before glancing up to the waitress and then back to him. Speaking after a moment. "I would argue that there is an example we are to set. Corruption isn't just the people but their leadership as well. Some things appear different then they are. Often you have the truth, " With that he would hold up his cigarette a moment before shifting his other hand in front of it blocking it from view before removing the other hand and revealing a coin. He would give it to the passing waitress in exchange for some hot mint tea. Continuing as it was poured. "And whats observed. Others passing by may not see what actually occurred and come to their own conclusions. Abuse of authority is its own corruption even if it isn't true. It is up to us to behave as more than a pack of wolves in the wild. Civilized folk. As for my earlier outburst, my apologies. I have grown distant and defensive with people as of late. Filled with nothing but disdain for the average imbecile. Of which you are clearly not."

Ryo Knetegawa

Ryo Knetegawa

D-rank
Ryo noticed the crossing of the arms and the walling off of the other shinobi. He didn’t bother to comment on it, nor did he bother to display any sign that he had noticed, or that he took offense despite the fact that he did indeed take great offense to it. He would just press on and hope that the other would just get himself together and relax.

Ryo watched the boy climb over the fence, and step on it. He could easily see that the youth wasn’t as graceful or skilled as he was. This boy was likely still a genin, but he decided that nothing would be gained from pointing it out. Listening to the boy’s argument about corruption he couldn’t deny that the boy had some brains and was very well spoken. He enjoyed the slight of hand that allowed the cigarette to change into a coin so that he could give it to the waitress. The argument that was made only made Ryo smile. He shook his head lightly “I would agree with you that abuse of authority is a form of corruption that we must all try to keep from happening. However, you are only responsible for your actions, and not what people perceive your actions to be. Besides we are two young men, I look like a child, and they are adults standing tall over us, and looking far more aggressive than we are. My movements are so subtle that it is highly unlikely anyone is going to see what I did, nor was anyone close enough to hear what I said. If someone was close enough to do either I wouldn’t have bothered with a threat and just stood beside you.”

At the apology he smiled and bowed his head slightly “Thank you for your apology. I am happy to forgive and forget. We must all be on guard, so I do understand it. However, don’t forget your comrades are the important ones. Even if you can’t stand them you must be able to fake it. If you can’t then you will outcast yourself. That would not be wise, and since we all might have to work together one day we can’t afford to not work well together.” He leaned back and looked at the waitress “Please, bring me another large order of dumplings and an order of Takkoyaki.” When she was gone he looked back at his partner and smiled at him “Well, I gave you my name, and introduced myself. I would like to know your name. I can guess you are a genin, or a new chuunin. I am a Chuunin nearly ready to try for my own test to become a Special Jounin.” He said very conversationally. As he leaned back in the chair the scroll harness that was hiding under his white “lab” coat. It also showed the various scrolls that were being held by the contraption. It was clearly used for some purpose, but for what Hyde wouldn’t be able to really say.

Total:1,946

Hyde

Hyde

D-rank
“I would agree with you that abuse of authority is a form of corruption that we must all try to keep from happening. However, you are only responsible for your actions, and not what people perceive your actions to be. Besides we are two young men, I look like a child, and they are adults standing tall over us, and looking far more aggressive than we are. My movements are so subtle that it is highly unlikely anyone is going to see what I did, nor was anyone close enough to hear what I said. If someone was close enough to do either I wouldn’t have bothered with a threat and just stood beside you.”

It was an interesting enough of an argument. Still Hyde would collect his tea. Idly blowing along the top of it a moment gently. Taking a moment to sip on it before enjoying the flavor profile. Ahh it was a calming sensation. Still the young man explained himself and his intentions. How they appeared over what actually occurred. It was manipulative of the people in its own way but it served its purpose. Manipulating society would be its own talent in times to come. Still Hyde would set his tea down to let it cool a little more. They had heated it just a little too much in order to keep it hot while she offered it to the customers. For now it was scalding. Calming but scalding. He would simply wait until it was simply calming thank you. Still the other seemed to have another point to make.

“Thank you for your apology. I am happy to forgive and forget. We must all be on guard, so I do understand it. However, don’t forget your comrades are the important ones. Even if you can’t stand them you must be able to fake it. If you can’t then you will outcast yourself. That would not be wise, and since we all might have to work together one day we can’t afford to not work well together.”
He leaned back and looked at the waitress “Please, bring me another large order of dumplings and an order of Takkoyaki.” When she was gone he looked back at his partner and smiled at him “Well, I gave you my name, and introduced myself. I would like to know your name. I can guess you are a genin, or a new chuunin. I am a Chuunin nearly ready to try for my own test to become a Special Jounin.”

He was thanked for his apology and a head was bowed in his direction. Hyde would pause and bow his head slightly in return. Being polite was somewhat of a struggle for him. It felt uncomfortable. Like something was expected of him that he rarely felt for other people. At least he seemed to be conversating with an intellectual. A decent change of pace. Still it was a bother to be told about how he should think in order to survive. It was sound logic but it was still a bother all the same. Still as it was brought to his attention that he was yet to introduce himself he would pause in his own thoughts to let grey eyes settle on the other man. Speaking in his almost monotone way.

"I am indeed a genin though I suppose that is due to a lack of effort in the field. Instead, after the academy I went to school and got my degree's. My name is Dr. Hinode Hyde. While I appear to be around the age of ten or twelve due to my clan, I am actually an adult in my twenties. As you can tell it causes issues. Still it suits me well enough. Have you ever met someone that doesn't immediately underestimate a child?"

Ryo Knetegawa

Ryo Knetegawa

D-rank
Ryo watched as the other sipped his tea. He realized at once when Hyde set it down that it was likely too hot to eat, and he didn’t need to bother asking it. He waited patiently for his order to come to him and as he waited Hyde spent the time to introduce himself. The information that he looked so young because of his clan was highly interesting. He hadn’t yet been able to read up about the Kumogakure clans in the Knetegawa clan’s library yet. The one thing the Knetegawa did was catalog the information that they could obtain about the clans that they not only worked with but also fought against. The only information they shared, however, was enemies of all of their villages. This being the two villages that don’t have branches of the Knetegawa clan in them. Konohagakure, and Iwagakure; these two villages were the enemy and all of the information that could be gathered on them was shared among the formerly three branches of the Knetegawa clan.

Before he spoke his order was brought to him and he smiled spearing a piece of Takoyaki on a toothpick popping it in his mouth to chew and swallow before he spoke. When he spoke his tone was neutral, but not monotone like Hyde’s had been “That was very interesting. Mmm, these are good.” He said pointing towards the order before he continued “I don’t know much about the Kumogakure clan’s yet, so forgive me that I don’t understand about your clan’s particular qualities. However, that is very, very interesting that your clan all looks so young despite your age being greater than mine. I am highly impressed and curious.”

He took another takoyaki ball and stuffed it in his mouth before swallowing it and smiling wickedly at the question “Oh, yes, yes indeed. They all make that mistake, and for most, it is the last mistake they ever make. I have myself found full advantages to being underestimated because of how I look. Though, to be perfectly frank, I have been deadly since I was young. My puppetry is among the best in my clan and should I have had one of my children when I was younger then I would’ve been highly deadly. Still, it doesn’t matter now, I am still reaping the rewards of being underestimated.”

In another few bites, he finished his Takoyaki eating them two at a time. Finally, he cleared his throat swallowing the last bit of his food before he spoke again “So, Doctor, what is your diagnosis for someone who gets nearly rampaging blood noses when they become excited?” he asked leaning back in his chair pulling up his skewer of dumplings eating one as he waits. He knew that he had this problem and had been having this problem since he had entered puberty. He was curious about it wondering if it was something serious or more importantly wondering if it was something that he could fix so that it never happened again. It was highly mortifying to have it happen around those that Ryo seemed to find attractive or sexy. Made him look silly, and disgraced him in a very public fashion.

Wc:545
Total:2,491

Ryo Knetegawa

Ryo Knetegawa

D-rank
Ryo waited for a long moment before he looked beyond the doctor he was sitting with and sighed heavily as he saw something that would prove to be very irritating for him to handle. His younger twin siblings who were just about to graduate from being Genin were trying to sneak up on him. Thankfully for him, but sadly for them they never were able to master stealth against him, nor did they seem to have the patience for stealth operations. Instead, they were far more run and gun type of people. He gave another huge sigh of disappointment shaking his head “I am sorry my good doctor. Yet, there are some serious headaches of mine that are coming to get me. I have to get going.” He quickly put money down on the table so that he would pay for his whole bill.

Then he jumped out of his chair as fast and as powerfully as he could jumping over the railing and his guest. He hit the ground running as hard and fast as he was able. Not a scant couple of seconds later a pair of children with matching white coats, and purple drop tattoos under their eyes. The girl even had a feline puppet that was as black as pitch. She sent it charging after Ryo, but he had a massive head start on her and the green chakra threads that attached her fingers to her puppet were obvious.

Thankfully, it did indeed seem that Ryo had gotten away from the pair and was now leading them on a merry chase between him and them. This left the doctor alone at the table watching this trio of Knetegawa’s chasing each other through Kumogakure.

[Exit Thread]

WC: 288
Thread: 2,779

Training:
Strength- 575/575, 100R
Endurance- 575/575, 100R
Reaction Time- 575/575, 100R

Jutsu: Water Wolves (C rank)- 1,000/1,000, 150R

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.