Related Mission:

Hints and Rules:

Timeline / Rounds:

Active Participants:

Last edited by Verdandi on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:30 am; edited 4 times in total

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
To change the world, one needs chaos, absolute chaos. For only from absolute chaos, comes absolute order. To change the faith of men, one needs a monster so great and terrible that in the end when all hope seems lost, the true god of shinobi may rise to lead humanity to the greater path.

As if the massive outburst of chakra was a sign, dozens upon dozens of men dressed in black garments adorned with a silver embroidered emblem of an eight-headed serpent sprung forth from the dunes surrounding the encampment and the barrier, engaging in fights with Kirigakure's shinobi and most of the people caught in between the crossfires of what had already started to become a shitstorm of troubles. "Finally," The woman who was seen as the greatest threat to the peace and so-called stability of the shinobi world, the most wanted nukenin of the current era had shown just where she stood, by aiding the stranger who had attacked the Mizukage in eradicating the incessant Kirigakure presence in the nation.

With a confident, devious smile hidden behind a glossy black mask and shiny golden rebreather with skeletal features, the rogue shinobi assessed the situation rather calmly, as her jutsu had done it's job perfectly. The barrier keeping within the powers of the Sealer and the Ice Witch had started to wither away and crumble. With the connection of just a few ANBU gone, the entire construct had begun to fade away as the others desperately started to scramble just in order to try and ensure that the barrier was in some form or another maintained, not to mention the fact that they were being swarmed by the mysterious people she had under her employ. To say the least, it was a very amusing sight to see the infamous shinobi from Kirigakure no Sato in such a desillusioned and desperate state. Everything would go exactly according to plan, if it weren't for the fact that her own leaking chakra and the now openly sensible and even practically palpable clash of chakra signatures had drawn in more insects than Lamya had even ever suspected.

Not far from her position, a number of notable signatures popped up and though she still would deem them insignificant to her own massive amount of chakra, the woman could not ignore them entirely, as they were the same signatures which had managed to haunt and hunt her all the way from Kumogakure to the edges of Kaze no Kuni right after her public announcement to the world that she was in fact one of the conspirators behind the hellish raid upon Sunagakure. This team of hunters, despite instantly accumulating even more chakra in the form of a massive crocodile, was of much less consideration than her more obvious issue: a shinobi with an air of superiority and absolute devotion jumped at her with a nearly unmatched grace and speed that even she was impressed.

When she thought she had to choose her opponents carefully, her lips curled into a grin when she noticed her own men falling upon the group of shinobi that had certainly been aiming to get a piece of her, allowing her to focus solely on the obvious Konoha presence that was instantly aiming for the kill.

It seemed that this particular shinobi in all his arrogance or stupidity thought to single out the Dragon Empress herself as a target and immediately went on and attacked her with a futon based technique, already proving that though no doubt strong and experienced, this shinobi was obviously not well informed on his opponent. "Uraeus, to me!!" The woman hissed loudly, the ground underneath her feet rising as a large white snake revealed itself, hissing at the incoming threat from above. In the meantime, Lamya's hand rose towards Takao's incoming projectile, simply snapping her fingers to create a large, purple colored barrier right in front of the vacuum sphere, absorbing the impact and as it vannished after completing it's task, Lamya had already started at initiating her own handseals of Rat, Snake, Dog and Heaven. Instantly the rogue shinobi seemed to be glistening, envelopped as she was in a small film of her own medically charged chakra.

Her snake in the meantime suddenly regurgitated a dozen of snakes of it's own size, mingling within their numbers to make himself indistinguishable from them, but also making it so that all around Lamya, there were now a dozen of white snakes of easily 6m long slithering at her feet and making it much less practical and safe to get close to her. "Seriously, what kind of Konoha division are you supposed to be? Some new type of ANBU...or maybe an old type...it doesn't really matter, you're nought but a pest in my eyes anyhow," The dragon empress' sighed, her voice distorted by the helmet she wore, yet still audibly laden with contempt and a certain degree of hatred. "You lot certainly have a knack for filling up voids, a division for every problem and another division to yet again fall to corruption and chaos. Konoha is a disease that needs to be cleansed and I am the cure...so come on you pest, show me the best you got and I'll show you just how insignificant you truly are."

Chakra: 315/360

Notes:

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
Kisei would never get an answer to his question. Even if they did answer their words were lost in the grinding of earth and bones, the shriek of screams drowning the arid desert air. Kisei snapped his head towards the sound. His heart skipped a beat at the realization of what he was looking at. Like a splatter of the wrong kind of paint on a canvas the unnatural streaks and blobs of blood an bone on the desert sand struck a cord with him. An all too familiar sight in a too familiar setting. He dropped his pinwheel.

Too soon.

Kisei bit his lip, holding back an instinctual scream. His lungs sucked in a deep breath. The Ushinatta kept a hand clapped against his mouth, hushed breaths circulating.  Oh not again, not again. Kisei whispered to himself over and over again. Not here, please not again. The blood and the bodies and the desert, all of it reminded him of that time before. All of those he couldn't save before laying dead on the sandy streets of his former home. He had saved dozens of lives, got them out of that nightmarish place. Though it seemed for every life he saved, dozens more were dragged into that Hell of glass and screams. The scent of human flesh being cooked like steak, and the ash of once living beings filled the air. Kisei hadn't much time to reflect on the memories, what with the Chuunin exams and his forced move to the Leaf Village, but the sight in front of the young blacksmith drew him back to that place.

Calm down, calm down. He tried to tell himself, thankfully breathing became easier, his heart regaining control of itself. Though he could still feel it pumping out of his chest. When he gazed in further in the direction of the mess of blood and spiked earth his fear was shook from his blood. Even from this distance he could see the cause of this destruction. Just to the side of the earth spikes protruding from the ground he could make out the the face of the Snake mistress. The lady he had seen manipulating the massive snake at the exhibition match. His rage was interrupted as a massive sphere of wind  tore through the air. Someone was quick to join the fight, opposing the snake lady. He heard a shout and a barrier flew up to protect the kunoichi from the jutsu flying at her. Kisei hurried his movements, straightening out his pinwheel, laying flat against the sands and stepping on top of it. His chakra would flow into the weapon at his feet, circling around it like coiling springs and turbines, and in a moment he shot towards the scene. Bursting forwards on his pinwheel like a high powered skate board, weaving through arming ninja and enemy fighters closing in on them.

In all but two seconds he was five meters behind the trio that appeared against the kunoichi. His umbrella was clutched tightly in his hand. Around him he could tell that there were other battles to be fought, plagues of allied ninja and foreign foe we're locked in combat. To breach or defend the barrier holding the two combatants captive. Logically he should have left the fight to these professionals, but he wouldn't let her slip away. Even if what he could do was small compared to the shinobi here he would do what he can. There was a pile of snake near her, no doubt under control of the lady they were facing. Alright, if I can take care of the pets that'll leave the others a bit more free to attack the real threat here.

Entering from this topic
180/200:

Takao

Takao

S-rank
x

Takao watched as his translucent torrent of air was dealt with and exhaled a sigh. It hadn’t been a master-class of an attack, more or something meant for the less-than-astute. After casting an examinatory glance over his chosen opponent and listening to what he imagined was her attempt at inducing some sort of nationalistic response out of ire, he found it increasingly surprising that she had managed to deflect the projectile as she did.

"Blah blah-blah blah-blah. I’m a pest, I’m insignificant, a disease… Do all of you antagonist types read from the same "How to act evil" book? The originality is just overwhelming-- I can hardly tell you guys apart from one another anymore." Takao rebuked, a glove-clad left hand raising to idly pick at his outer earlobe. "Here I was expecting you to bust out at least one “irrelevant”, and you didn’t even call me a Konoha Dog. What’s up with that? Isn’t that usually the go-to for you people? I think you’re slipping." A faint smile pulled the corner of his cheek upward. He knew this game all too well, and their exchange of irreverent quips only left him entertained. Breath inflated his lungs and lingered within following each retort he uttered in response to her petulant whining, his clear and unbroken deep timbre acting as clear indication that the situation didn’t seem to have him bothered in the slightest. Was it all a farce? Perhaps he was merely that confident? Or perhaps yet, could his actions have been unintentionally brazen and foolhardy? Whatever the source, there was little to gain in the way of knowledge from his smirking visage.

“I guess I can’t be too harsh on you. All that specious “I hate the Leaf” garbage can’t leave much room for clever monologuing in those hollow domes of yours.” His hand rose to mockingly knock upon his own head with appropriate timing alongside his dialogue. The entertainment garnered from the pointless back and forth remained stalwart, although his interest fell upon the main course of their interaction-- the fight. His eyebrows furrowed, black eyes narrowed, and his mouth remained curled in a slight smile. Unlike some of the others, he hadn’t come to defend the shinobi of the Hidden Mist, nor had he any interest in risking his life to defend them. For as long as Fuyuko remained in the fray he would as well, and as much as he wished to be protecting her by her side, his place was better suited where it was at present. It may have been childish of him, but he was enjoying his taunting of the hubristic snake.

His eyes shifted along to the visage of an out-of-place crocodile and the Kirigakure ANBU that brought it forth from the aether. They had announced their intentions to engage both in word and action, turning Takao’s amused smirk into a thin line of disapproval. His manner of combat did not easily incorporate the inclusion of allies. Their presence was not only a danger to themselves and even himself, but a hindrance. On top of that all, he doubted the chances of their survival. Throwing more bodies onto the pile wouldn’t do much good against one single enemy, however, two forces weakening each other was directly beneficial to Takao. Gloved fingers twitched and squeezed on Muninn’s handle, eager to utilize the blade yet unwilling to do so frivolously. Without so much as a glance from Lamya, his peripheral vision revealed the battle beginning to rage on around them. Onlookers thought to be nothing more than spectators of the fight threw back their veils and attacked the Kirigakure forces en masse, taking the illustrious Hidden Mist’s coveted military by surprise. His left hand rose, careful not to reveal the weapon lurking beneath the fabric, and waved off the Kirigakure forces joining their fray.

“This one’s handled! You guys should go help the rest of your people, it looks like they could use a hand!” Takao called out, garnering the attention of Kirigakure’s Alpha Squad. They protested, understandably given their relation to the masked snake, but were quelled by Takao’s words regardless as they cast a glance at the chaos erupting nearest the barrier. Conflicted but driven to action, the Kirigakure squad of ANBU reluctantly departed, and joined the battle against the radical assailants.

“Anyway, I see your game, and unfortunately I’m not going to play along so easily. You’ll have to coax me into showing you just how insignificant I am. Until then, I’ll just be here to impede you.” It was a little tongue-in-cheek of him to claim to defend Kirigakure when his goals would benefit from the unexpected thinning of the Hidden Mist’s forces. Had Fuyuko not been present, he would have opted to watch the massacre from a distance, but now his hand was forced into the cookie jar.

“So what’s your story, Snake?” Takao asked, eager to continue their witty rapport. He began a slow circle around her, his steps taken carefully and cautiously during his leisurely saunter.

“Did you get dumped by a guy from Konoha? Lose somebody to the big bad Hidden Leaf?” The purpose behind his words was not veiled well, as if his aversion to being inconspicuous in these attempts at taunting was intentional.

“Come on, I’ll give you a second chance to monologue me, because your first attempt was kinda shit.”

TOTAL WC

CHAKRA: 330/350

STATS
STR = S-3
SPD = SS-2
END = S-3
PER = S-1
REA = SS

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
The woman's face, hidden within the helmet was showing signs of being completely dumbstruck by this strange fellow, who by all intents and purposes didn't act as dignified or as serious as most shinobi would be doing when they'd be standing in front of her. It made her wonder wether or not the man simply knew no fear or was generally incapable of meassuring the serious nature of the situation around him and as time passed by agonizingly slowly, it became clear that it was most likely the latter. Letting out a soft chuckle was basically the only thing she could respond with, it was after all quite amusing, not to say rather refreshing to have someone act in such a peculiar way when facing her.

She practically ignored the Kiri-nin alltogether, knowing very well that they weren't in a position to intervene, not with so many of their brethren being locked in battle and needing back up as the Hidden Mist's forces were facing an uphill battle against the multitude of strangers that had managed to attack their base of operations in such a swift and devastating manner. "Well, we at the very least agree on one thing, you got me...so no reason for those overbearing idiots to annoy us," Another chuckle escaped the woman's mouth, as she tilted her head a bit, calmly keeping an eye on the man in front of her. So far, he had made the first move, yet seemed to hold back now. It was a wise strategy, to await an opponent's action, so he could react. That very bit of information made it clear that despite his seemingly aloof behavior, he wasn't some second rate shinobi.

Tapping with her feet on the sandy underground, the rogue shinobi made it obvious that she wanted the snakes at her feet to slowly slither onwards, expanding their circle, while she would calmly continue to concentrate on the man and his rather intriguing way of talking to her, actually defying both her nature and her prominence on the shinobi world's scene. If one thing was clear to Lamya because of this though, there had to be something to compel someone like him to stand in her way. Was he trying to act so aloof to cover for something or someone? Was there something he was hiding? What did this stranger gain from standing against her, besides perhaps the fame of having had to face her in combat, something she doubted would actually befit the man's actions and quirky behavior. "I wonder to what purpose you'd impede me...what do you have to gain...or lose from this?"

Even if the man seemed to act rather strangely, Lamya was actually surprised more by how he presented himself and thus could not resist to be drawn in by his talking. "My story?" Not being able to resfrain from letting out another chuckle again, the woman's chuckle soon was followed by a soft and slightly restrained laugh. "Not really, no sad sobbing story, no entertaining background. I served Konoha just like you seem to be doing. I served as its shadow, only to realize that I just didn't want to be a shadow."

Raising her hands and opening them, Lamya laughed again, though slightly hollow sounding this time. "Konoha is weak, it's leaders allowing it to be trampled on by Kirigakure, blindly acting like slaves to other nations... it's rather sad that it takes probably too much time and too many words for you to comprehend the very reason why I stand here at this fleeting moment in time," Suddenly clenching her fists, the woman ordered the ones closest to Takao of the dozen of snake clones to attack the man. even if she had not managed to distract him entirely, by this point they would've been spread out a lot, so the Desert Snake decided now was truly the time to step things up again. Lowering one hand and motioning with it towards the only white snake which had remained behind, Lamya instructed the real snake to move away from this, as she believed him to be too weak to make any difference in what would be about to follow.

While the snakes were making their move, slithering at their fastest towards the strangely clad shinobi, Lamya decided to test him out herself as well, with her hands slowly reaching for her back as she leaned slightly forwards. "Hmm, this ought to be an interesting match."

With one hand, she suddenly threw a handful of senbon at Takao, aiming square for the man's face in an attempt to cover up the fact that she suddenly shifted her entire weight into his direction and hoped to surprise the man by stretching out her other arm towards him in which hand she held one of her trademark thin scalpels in an attempt to slice at one of his legs. "Let me see you dance than, if you are so certain of your survival."

Chakra: 315/360

Stats:
STR = S-3
SPD = SS
END = S-2
PER = S-2
REA = SS

Notes:
6x senbon
Kōketsu scalpel
Passive: Soft Body Manipulation

Yasubei

Yasubei

C-rank
Yasubei arrived on the scene securely contained inside of the storage unit of his most cherished puppet. Normally he would've piloted from inside of Ogre while remaining inside of his own body, but the nature of this predicament required a little more tact than normal. A simple maneuver would dramatically increase both his performance and the performance of his puppets. Precise hands would find their way just over where a human's heart would be, shifting aside the cloak that impeded their path. Wet suction created by the tube being removed from its home, echoed within the chamber inside of the more massive marionette, as the thin tendrils wriggled and grasped at the open air. Yasu's lithe arm slowly inserted his chakra core into the throat of Ogre, a space made specifically for this function. Blinking a few times Ogre acclimated to the feeling of controlling this body without chakra pathways it was able to be much more mechanically magnificent, responding to Yasu better than his normal body could, and relieving him of much of the mental strain associated with controlling his own body and other bodies simultaneously.

Ogre was cloaked in the same dark robes as his master and the interns that he'd previously acquired in such a manner that all of their faces were heavily obscured. In his right hand, he held Intern 2 the corpse of a small boy he'd taken the puppet strings technique off of during his transition. Standing on each side of him was Intern 1 and Intern 3 respectively. The group of them stood out among the ninja in the area many of them being intimidated by the very presence of the two powerful ninja who were winding up for a large battle behind Ogre. Rapidly approaching through a brigade of stunned ninja was a small framed ninja with dark hair. Well height was relative, as the ninja was easily taller than Yasu's chakra wielding body, but as Ogre the ninja making his way forward would be minute in comparison to his own size. Ogre in a clean swift movement lightly tossed Intern two into the air, and rotated 270 degrees so that the "sword" in his left hand would be pulled completely back ready for a swing and still be able to make contact, as it stored up potential energy like a fully tensed bow. The little deceased ninja had chakra strings reattached to his body and he spun in the air, his spinal column acting as the axis determining his rotation until his feet made contact with Ogre's weapon. He went into a crouching position as Ogre started his swing, transitioning simultaneous with Ogres swing into a jump as he launched forward towards Kisei. The interns body pointed like a bullet aimed directly for its target.

Ogre and the two interns took off in the wake of Intern 2, who would be about 5 meters into his leap before taking his first step on the battlefield, in that step he'd alter his trajectory to leap further towards the approaching ninja altering his angle to intercept him. The boy would unsheathe a rusty tanto dulled and broken from before he'd died, and while it'd probably be unable to cut through flesh anymore, it would still serve as an extension of his own arm. Low to the ground after he'd pushed off of the sand he'd swing for the Ushinatta's legs hoping to knock him off of his vehicle. The other three would hope to surround block off his path forward as the three of them would continue forward, with Ogre ready to swing at the ninja should he chose to leap above him. Two meters between Ogre and his other two Interns 1 and 3 would be the distance he'd deem appropriate.

"I'm afraid we must stop you." The smallest of the interns would say has he entered within one meter of where he expected his target to be. Yasu hoped he'd picked someone at his skill level. This ninja's movement was about equal to a technique of his own, so it was hopefully reasonable to assume that he was of a similar rank. If he'd miscalculated there'd be Hell to pay, but If he was right this was one less ninja to interfere with the Fyujin's unification of the remains of Suna. One less ninja to stir up chaos. The leather-like skin groaned as Ogre tightened his grip on the slab of rock he carried with him. He and the three corpses would continue to chase their quarry down until he stopped, and then they'd pause just behind him. Yasu wasn't fond of hurting people, but the way he saw it, every ninja that died or fled Kaze no kuni was one less ninja who would rile up the Ryujin or hurt a citizen of this nation.

[WC = 828/2136]

Chakra 125/140
-5 for Puppet strings
-5 for off screen Summoning Jutsu to Summon Ogre

Stats and Stuff:

Takao

Takao

S-rank
dick cheney made money off the iraq war

“Mm... Better. Still not good, but better.” Takao responded dismissively. The look on his face, while still appearing thoroughly entertained, was not entirely impressed with her second attempt at a villain’s monologue. It was surprising that she entertained the notion of his criticism as well, which had nearly brought a deep, chest-borne laugh to the break the sounds of battle and chaos.

“I don’t have much to gain from this, honestly. I’m mostly just here for the hell of it. There’s not much I stand to lose here either. You seem like the type that’ll get frustrated when you finally realize you can’t beat me, and that shit cracks me up.” Takao admitted-- not entirely a truth, nor was it entirely a lie. He, personally, did not stand much of anything to gain nor lose with their match. However, it was more of a precautionary measure, and so long as Fuyuko may have been in danger, he would be nearby to help. There was not guarantee that Lamya and Fuyuko would have crossed paths in the conflict, yet that slim chance remained, and thus he did as well.

“You’re probably right though. Boring villain backstories don’t hold my attention all that well, I’d stop listening right after you started. I’m sure that you think that you’re the only one that can break the wheel of the Leaf. You’re the one that cleanse us, or deliver us to retribution, or blah-blah-blah. You get what I mean?” Takao said with a slight shrug of his shoulders.

“Like I said, you guys are more or less the same. Predictable and forgettable. You’ll do some damage, maybe, and we’ll beat you, rebuild, and forget about you. This is a unique opportunity though. I get to show you just how prosaic your legacy will be before you do your minimalistic damage, when I leave you bleeding face down in the sand.” It may have seemed like tactless bad-mouthing to some, and strategically irksome belittling to others. It was a mix of both-- the first person to act recklessly in a battle stood to lose the most, and there were countless avenues to manipulate a person to do so.

Their bout began when a number of snakes began to cross the distance of sand between them and strike out at him. Though quick, they were not quick enough to pose an immediate threat on their own, even with superior numbers dwarfing his own. Each snake that launched into an attack against him was struck down with such little effort that he hadn’t even needed to take his attention off of Lamya, and merely reacted utilizing the peripherals of his vision. His right hand released its grip on the handle of Muninn in favour of reacting to the snakes as they came, dispersing six with superior might than that of which they could withstand.

She initiated the advance with half a dozen senbon, aimed at his head and with enough speed that his reaction needed to be fast. The left arm that had returned to his side after waving off the Kirigakure shinobi retrieved a trio of shuriken from the pouch flush with his thigh, and his arm swung upward in an arc, releasing them at controlled intervals with precision that denoted a lifetime of precision. The shuriken collided with three of the senbon and manipulated their path to interfere with the remaining three, knocking all six from the air using half of the resources as she. The nine projectiles fell innocuously to the ground between them, now resting harmlessly in the sand.

Despite the requirement of his precision, the senbon did precious little to disguise Lamya’s arm stretching toward him. The shinobi world was filled with oddities and anomalies; people whose abilities went beyond the realms of his imagination’s capabilities were far from a rarity. Although the action was surprising, it had not taken him by surprise, and he launched deftly into his reaction to the third consecutive threat.

His right hand reclaimed the handle of Muninn as her arm quite literally extended across the sands, blade in her scaley grasp taking a swing at his legs and only cut through the air harmlessly as a result. Takao’s leg tensed just before her hand came within measure and he leaped feet over head, flipping effortlessly over the attack and responding twofold: firstly, he moulded chakra within his lungs and exhaled it in an instant. A massive plume of fire rocketed toward Lamya, aimed slightly down at her arm halfway between them but the sheer size of the projectile easily capable of consuming her entirely if left unattended. The mass of flame quickly extended to be forty-five meters across and twenty tall, effectively taking the form of a wall as it would slam into the sands. The swathe of fire soared forwards like a rocket at sixty-five meters a second, providing Lamya with a minuscule window of 0.15 seconds to react before the flames threatened to reduce the limb to ash and 0.3 before her body followed. Secondly, his right arm shot forward, and sent the chakra-laden bladed edge of Muninn in an arcing swipe at Lamya’s arm, intent on slicing her hand free of limb. This action utilized the blinding nature of the sheer volume of the wall of fire as a disguise whilst being enacted in rapid succession, limiting her ability to react with precision.

Takao landed immediately after his flip and swing were completed and maintained his breath, continuing to steadily exhale the plume of fire at Lamya. His hands would come together immediately after, holding a seal beneath the fabric of his cloak.

TOTAL WC

+968

CHAKRA: 295/350

Techniques Used:

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
Before he could make a move and attack the snake pets the white snake devil had Kisei heard a metallic creeping to his left. With his good eye he caught sight of a ninja flying straight at him. Quickly he croched down on his hover pinwheel. The ninja flew overhim, puppet strings attached. As he stood up he channeled wind chakra into the umbrella in his right hand and slashed in a narrow strike upwards. A breath of wind shot out and cut the strings while mutilating the body slightly. It didn't bother getting up.

The crunching of sand to his left brought to attention the three other enemies running towards him. One of them whispered in his ears, but with a hulking mass of muscle sprinting towards him with a weapon he didn't stay for any introductions. He oriented his shoulder parallel to the massive sword wielding man before him as he dashed backwards, slicing once again with his umbrella in a horizontal fashion. Hitting the two other ninja with him and hopefully the giant as well. With the battle taking off between the stranger and the snake as well at this tiny development, Kisei wouldn't be able to make a meaningful effort to assisting the other ninja until he finished with his own battle.

He continued to dash backwards, up to fifteen meters away from the massive ninja that attacked him. He trained his umbrella towards them and clicked, aiming for around the collar bones as that seemed to the biggest target. Obviously a head shot would be ideal, but they were much less more reliable that body shots, especially when your weapon isn't a speedy one. A ball of light fired off from the tip of his weapon and flew forward towards his target. Judging from the puppet strings he was dealing with a puppeter. A really bulking puppeteer, but the world was filled with strange tactics, he wasn't really able to judge. Considering his tactics....

After the shot he pulls a cartridge and begins reloading the umbrella without breaking his concentration on the giant puppet master. Kisei had fought puppeteers before, Ryo Knetegawa was one such opponent. A dear friend and comrad, and a creative man when it came to that particular craft. However this one... Wasn't a like him. If anything, he was harder.

However, the Ushinatta couldn't let that dissuade him. Kisei needed to quickly end this battle if he wanted to move on to the real battle. His next attack, he won't hesitate to finish this interloper. Especially not when the criminal that destroyed his home was standing less that thirty meters from him.

A blast of fire flared in the background, an orange light emanating out of his blind spot. This fight was beginning to heat up, hopefully he could survive.

155/200:

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
It was obvious that her pet's clones wouldn't do much in terms of damage, even if they'd had managed to reach her opponent, what was strange though, was how he had managed to remove not one, two or even three, but all six of them, while not all of them went for him, but than again...she was fighting someone who at the very least in terms of speed seemed to exceed even her. However, the frustrating part came in the fact that he seemingly had kept his eye on her as well, making her initial attempt to distract him with the snakes look like child's play as he suddenly managed to swat away all six of her senbon with just three shuriken, something she had only seen an Uchiha do once and always thought to have been a fluke, a lucky strike of sorts, but no...this man proved that there were others capable of it.

To make matters even more mindboggling, this strange ANBU not only managed to remove her snakes and senbon from the equation, but even managed to avoid even the slightest touch from the thin blade of her scalpel reaching for him from what could be perceived as being an unnatural distance for an arm to reach at.

His skillful jump over the direction of her arm, his back arching backward as he leapt over her swing made it all too clear that he had experience in dealing with close quarters combat, it was entirely possible that he had some skill in taijutsu which went beyond the basic training most shinobi got in that particular art of fighting. Despite it being a rather disappointing thing to happen to Lamya, she could not refrain from feeling somewhat elated by how this opposing force was behaving by showing greater elegance and eloquence in his actions than with that foul, boorish mouth of his. In fact, he had to have had some sort of superiority complex or maybe what some people called a hero complex, thinking he'd overcome any challenge and send it home packing. True, he showed great, if not abnormally great potential...but that was all, it had become apparent to the rogue shinobi that any words would be wasted on this crude man's brazen belief that he could not be beaten by her in any way.

Retracting her arm at the very instance he lept up to avoid her slice, she already hoped to go on the offensive again to pressure him, but in a mere instant, with her arm having only retracted a few inches, the stranger spewed out a massive inferno of scorching flames towards her, the light of it eerily reflecting upon her helmet, which hid the now wide open eyes of shock and amazement. However, it was still fire and fire could be extinguished, so in an almost instant reaction, she started to spout a rather large defensive wall of water around her, allowing for it to hold off the supernova of flames to the best of its ability. In an instant, the wall had managed to reach the six meter mark, the edge of its range, holding off and even cancelling the incoming flames with an enormous cloud of steam being formed around it, as the continuously supplied water evaporated in the truly insurmountable heat coming from the stranger's surprisingly powerful breathing attack, which almost reminded Lamya of the dragons she had read about in old and ancient fairy tales.

The woman could only be thankful for the fact that she was practically ever vigilant due to her meticulously honed senses and still far above average speed, even if it was apparently not quite as impressive of that of her opponent, it was no doubt a saving grace for herself, as she managed to retract her arm out of harms way at the very least, safely within the wall of water which was protecting her from the massive outpour of fire that was clashing against her defenses with unbridled ferocity. "This guy is dangerous," She thought to herself, still slightly upset by the fact that she had been pushed on the back of her feet so easily. It made her remember that bout with that kiri-nin from before, which had been quite the eye opener to her. "I can't do anything from within this wall, but at the very least the very sound of the flames turning my water into steam gives me some indication of what's happening."

wc: 758/1609

Notes:

Kirei

Kirei

B-rank
BATTLE MOD REVIEW PENDING

Been asked to review the latest sequence by participants. This splinter is held until a ruling is done wew lad.

Kirei

Kirei

B-rank
RULING

Lamya is unable to retract her arm to the defensive barrier with enough quickness to completely avoid the Supernova technique, resulting in moderate 4th-degree burns (reduced due to her clan's natural resistance to Katon) to the hand and half of her forearm of her distended limb before reaching her defense, after which, the technique is successfully defended against by the Water Encampment Wall.

Relevant references -
he moulded chakra within his lungs and exhaled it in an instant

but in a mere instant, with her arm having only retracted a few inches, the stranger spewed out a massive inferno of scorching flames towards her

Given the fast jutsu casting and established positions of both the technique, the players, and Lamya's defensive technique, it seems unreasonable for Lamya to retreat to a remote defense unscathed.

Thread can continue requiring affected players to acknowledge the ruling in subsequent posts.

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
This thread is on hold pending action from staff.

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
Suspension is over, I'll be accepting this ruling

Takao

Takao

S-rank
anthony?

The pungent arouma of seared flesh made his nose wrinkle. Dark eyes laid upon the flames as they were rapidly cooled by the wall of water they collided with, producing massive plumes of steam between them. He hadn’t quite seen the result of his attempt, yet his blade slicing through the air meant that at least that portion had been unfruitful. The faint, rapidly fading smell suggested that at least some damage might have been dealt.

The employment of snakes and the usage of a technique that elongated one’s limbs were vaguely reminiscent of an old shinobi whose legacy Bakao had once educated himself on, utilizing his brief stint as Hokage to gain access to sensitive documentation that he otherwise may have been hard-pressed to obtain. Among them was the bequest of a former Hokage’s student, whose unique physiology and aptitude toward the usage of snakes had left a faded etching in his memory. The name escaped him, as did the intricacies and details of such a person and their abilities, yet the concept remained. Perhaps this masked individual was a descendant, as he had recalled the original was a defector-- or perhaps she was merely an imitator, attempting to relive the legacy of a villain long since defeated. Despite apeish tendencies, having an extensive repertoire of knowledge was something he believed to be a prerequisite to surviving as a shinobi. Limiting the variables that could legitimately take one by surprise was, in his humble opinion, the best way to maximize chances of survival. Being taken by surprise was a fatal mistake to endure.

Whilst the flames still erupted from his agape mouth, Bakao shed the cloak from his shoulders and roughly tied the cloth around his waist. Whilst he did so, a pair of tags were placed upon its fabric, sticking to it in irremovable fashion. Having completed the seemingly mundane action, Bakao’s hands came to form the bird seal. This motion was not intended to produce chakra itself, but merely act in preparation for what was to come.

In the instant that followed, Bakao’s exhale of the flames ended. The steam would linger, but only in the way that it naturally did, as he channeled chakra into the cloak around his waist whilst simultaneously breathing in. As soon as his chakra had taken effect in the fabric, he exhaled a second time. With his breath came a torrent of wind, circulating in front of him in the form of a tornado. It rapidly built up speed and size, abruptly reaching its twenty-five-meter radius immediately after being cast. The torrential winds began to pick up the sand, drawing it into the centre of the tornado as it spun. Lamya was in danger of being caught within the blast, as was anything within the fifty-meters that experienced the insurmountable suction force. The seal that Bakao had made and held earlier left him unaffected by such forces, as it did for anything and anybody else he wished to be untouched by his technique’s effect. Despite the incredible winds that the tornado picked up, they would not damage on their own. Those trapped within would merely be rapidly flung to and fro within the vortex, likely disorientating and certainly not an especially pleasant experience, but not harmful in a quantifiable way either.

(Reaction Dependent)
Should Bakao have seen Lamya trapped within the vortex, he would exhale yet another technique at the tornado. His hands were merely required to maintain control over the tornado’s suction effect-- its path traveled forward regardless of his input. With the torrential construct of wind acting independently on its path forward, Bakao spit forth another plume of flame. It was not unlike the first that had acted as precursor to his own variant. Although inferior still in nearly every discernable aspect, the technique was still volatile, especially when paired with the tornado that acted as a massive fan to his fires.

With Lamya inside of the tornado, this flame was exhaled and traveled to overtake the wind technique in an instant. The flames would be fanned and expand throughout the tornado, capable of burning everything within down to ash had they been without adequate protection.
(End Reaction Dependent)

TOTAL WC
+711

CHAKRA: 265(240)/350

Techniques Used:

Orochi Risu

Orochi Risu

S-rank
With a vein becoming notable near her left temple, lamya managed to withold herself from gritting her teeth in pain as she surmised the result of her defensive strategy, Lamya's gaze went from the wall she was still keeping up by spewing out large quantities of water to dowse the ever infernal flames which were being blasted towards her. At first glance, her arm looked to be in pretty terrible shape, with her skin on her upper arm and hand having blacked and crackled at the majority of its surface, yet what was even worse was the fact that one of her favorite scalpels had been turned to a lump of molten metal while she had still been clinging on to it, resulting in the metal having practically seered intself into her skin and only with great self control could she refrain herself from from yet again gritting her teeth or screaming or anything that would halt the continuous stream of water she needed to expell to protect herself. In an instant she ripped off the chunk of half-cooled metal, ripping off part of her skin in the process and revealing the red tissue of her hand underneath.

Casting the remains of her scalpel aside, the woman stopped using the water wall when it became apparent that there no longer was any need to do so. With the battlefield filled with a thick layer of steam slowly condensing into puddles of water at the Desert Snake's feet, the former Konoha ANBU captain looked at her opponent. She knew she had to be careful with this guy, as his earlier assault had made abundantly clear, this one was not someone she could just walk over like she usually stepped upon and over the insects and pests which dwelled in this failed nation with its past fame and glory. "Tsk, using full force from the get go, pretty damn ballsy," Letting out a sigh followed by her inhaling air through her teeth as she could feel the pain course through her wounded arm like a jolt of lightning as she moved it, grabbing three strands of her hair and infusing them with some chakra, the three hairs turned into small snakes which instantly coiled around her wounded arm, eliviating the pain while starting the process of resgrowing skin and rejuvinating her cells. With the pain already slightly subsiding, at the very least she wasn't going to lose focus.

The woman glared at the figure beyond the slowly clearing steam. She had never been the best in a straight up brawl and this guy seemingly liked to keep his distance, which already made it pretty difficult for the rogue shinobi to handle him properly, all in all this was becoming a drag and she could really avoid those at this moment. She had succeeded in dispersing the attention at the camp and had managed to break the barrier and cause enough chaos for her forces to drive a wedge into the defenses. However, she still had one more job to do before she could truly tend to the business at hand and this skirmish with this insolent stranger was not something she had counted on nor did she plan to drag this out too much. "I guess simply discussing terms won't be an option with a hotheaded buffoon such as that...thing."

Given that her opponent wasn't really far away from her location, give or take about fifteen or twenty meters, it wasn't extremely hard in any way to keep an eye on what he was planning, thus when she could see the remainder of the steam being pulled in towards him, hearing the beginning of someone inhaling deeply, she quickly made the handseals ram, horse and snake following this by slamming her hands upon the ground to have a large wall of mud erupt in front of her. This would at the very least allow her some cover as she prepared to leave this battlefield behind her. "I'm sorry, but this will not be the day in which we face eachother at the best of our abilities," The woman chuckled, though at the same time she looked at her arm and frowned slightly behind her mask. This man was dangerous and with her having taken this damage to her arm had put her in quite a disadvantage, having needed to use one of her more powerful jutsu just to heal damage like this was quite a vexing thought and the fact that he seemingly needed no preperation at all for the powerful jutsu that wounded her made it painfully clear that as she was now, if she continued this fight, she'd lose more than just some skin and chakra. "My part in this era's turn over will not be ending just yet...stranger. We'll meet again when the time comes."

Using her Black ANBU armor's ability to fully hide her presence to all except the most skilled in the sensory department, the woman quickly formed a half tiger handseal to flicker herself out of this mess. Facing this threat to her life had to wait, this fight was not yet destined to happen, but she would remember this man well, for he had shown her one simple truth: she needed more power, for there were still those that could challenge and even overcome her.

904/2513

Transfer 2500wc to LINK

discarding 13 wc

notes:

Exit splinter thread

Last edited by Lamya on Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Takao

Takao

S-rank
x

Strong winds kicked up sand and debris alike, even lifting their shuriken and senbon from their earlier collision. Nearby sand radicalists were also lifted, had they been close enough to the bout, and were thusly thrown like ragdolls into the air. Black eyes narrowed in on the erect wall of mud that acted as her saviour against the wild torrents wrought under Bakao’s control, kicking up a haze of sand that made the untrained eye hard-pressed to see into. His hand retained the seal for as long as the vortex persisted, although it had begun to fade rapidly in accordance to Bakao’s will dispersing it. He stood slowly, hands moving together to weave a string of hand seals, but he was brought momentary pause by her declaration that they would fight again at another time.

“You’re just delaying the inevitable by running. It doesn’t matter where we meet again.” With furrowed eyebrows and a growing smirk, Bakao’s gaze remained deadlocked on Lamya. “Here, in Konoha, somewhere out in the hinterlands. I’ll bounce your head off the ground anywhere. So feel free to run away if you’re scared. I’m not interested in chasing after you.” With a dull rasp, Muninn retracted into the forearm housing on Bakao’s arm. He didn’t expect that its use would be required at present, certainly not in the bout that had just ended.

“It’s gonna be a little difficult for you to cure Konoha if you can’t even keep up with me for more than a minute!” Bakao remarked, lifting his hand to lightly rub the curve of his inner ear in a similar manner to how he had done before. He clicked his tongue a few times, clearly disappointed with the outcome. Continuing his earlier shittalk did little in drawing her back, for she had already fled the battlefield in its entirety. Had he cared more, perhaps he would have followed, but his problem with the Snake was much less personal and more to do with the unfortunate circumstances of their simultaneous presence.

Distant but audible, Bakao’s ears twitched and his head jerked in the direction of a woman’s scream somewhere deeper in the battle that pit Kirigakure forces against Sunagakure radicals. Trained eyes rapidly scanned the scuffle but could not find the source of the familiar voice, which soured his expression and tore any remnants of thought about the prior battle to shreds in his conscious mind. He turned and erupted into a sprint, plumes of sand erupting beneath his feet with each heavy step forward taken. A faint but growing crackle of fire began to build as small embers of flame began to fall from his skin.

As he neared the walls of conflict, jets of flame erupted from behind his body, throwing him forward and into the crowd. He cared so little for the bouts of the Kirigakure shinobi around him that he opted to avoid them rather than offer aid where applicable. Despite his best efforts, several would land lucky shots with their improvised weaponry, slicing bare skin and fabric here and there.

TOTAL WC
+527
Total Inabayama Contribution: 4,283

CHAKRA: 245/350

Techniques Used:

EXIT

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.