You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hairballs and Waterfalls {PRIV|Tamae} Empty Hairballs and Waterfalls {PRIV|Tamae} Thu May 31, 2018 6:18 pm

Ryōta

Ryōta

D-rank
Hairballs and Waterfalls {PRIV|Tamae} 69jYi4d

...Ba-dum... ...Ba-dum... ...Ba-dum...

The rapid thump of his heartbeat throbbed in his ears. The thunderous crunch of dirt under boots thudding against cobblestone composed a chorus with his laboured breathing. Green eyes narrowed in on their target as she leaped and ran briskly through the streets and alleys, scurrying from her pursuer. His agility paled in comparison to hers-- graceful, effortless, and fluid like water. He might have been envious if not for the preoccupation of his conscious thought being firmly settled on the pursuit of his quarry.

In a single elegant stride, she leaped from the street to a vegetable vendor’s cart, and from the cart to a rooftop, without even the slightest hint of disturbing the vendor’s work. Hard pressed to follow, he attempted the same. Yet when his boot came in contact with the bi-wheeled cart, it merely tipped under his weight, and he fell forward into the woven baskets of cabbage and lettuce, while various other vegetables were catapulted across the street. Understandably, the vendor and several customers whose wares were strewn about the cobbled roads of Iwagakure shouted angrily at him while he stumbled back to his feet.

“Sorry, sorry! My bad! I’m in a hurry, sorry!” He apologizing profusely as he scurried up the roof after his target. Their cries of distress faded in the distance as he clambered to the peak. From his perch atop the building, his emerald eyes scanned the other buildings thoroughly, trying to pick out the subject of his pursuit from the monotone greys and browns. Watchful eyes caught sight of her lazy stride along another roof a few buildings away, and he excitedly resumed his pursuit. He slid down the roof, taking several of the fragile clay tiles with him, which earned him further chastising at the hands of the homeowner who leaned from her window to shout at him. More hurried apologizing ensued as he clumsily jumped from one roof to the next, scurrying up their vaulted angles and thusly creating a symphony of complaints from disgruntled homeowners, complemented by his fleeting attempts at diffusing the situation while remaining en route.

His quarry caught wind of the rekindled pursuit and took off, making rapid headway northbound. It was a much more difficult process to follow her along the canopy of Iwagakure’s neighborhoods, but his determination and sheer block-headed stubbornness kept him going. Within minutes, both he and his agile target reached the footholds of the northern cliffs. While he struggled to keep his pace, she nimbly ascended the vertical cliff face. Rather than exhausting himself with the monumental climb, he defeatedly took the roads that wound up and around to the peak, hurriedly pushing through small crowds and groups of people who were utilizing the same pathways.

Now at the peak of the cliff and properly exhausted, Ryōta clung to a nearby railing to keep his fatigued legs from collapsing.
Ryōta reached the peak despite the plethora of obstacles in his way, and nearly collapsed against a nearby railing. The burn in his legs had quickly turned into general weakness, each step feeling like the muscles would give in at any moment. The railing provided temporary solace from such unpleasant sensations.

“Okay, I’m good, just… Whew..! I really should start jogging again... ” A hand wiped away beads of sweat that formed along his forehead, and then ran through his hair. He cast a long, sweeping gaze over the plateau. He noted the presence of people dotting the various vantage points that looked over the village, but his target was nowhere to be seen. Willing himself forward, Ryōta inhaled deeply and pushed off the railing.

“Cloe! Come on out!” He called out with hands cupped over his mouth, briefly garnering the attention of some nearby peak-goers that were curious about the commotion, although they were quick to avert their gazes and return to sightseeing.

Ryōta sauntered about Waterfall Point, calling the same name in an attempt to beckon her out, but to no avail. It wasn’t until his eyes lay upon a seated figure in front of a small creek, surrounded by lush green vegetation and smaller trees that provided shade from the mid-day sun. Yet it was not necessarily this figure that had caught his attention, but the Bengal-patterned mass of fur that sauntered up beside her and into her lap in typical feline cavalier form. The small, three-month-old kitten had been effortlessly evading every attempt at being caught, up until now.

“There you are, Cloe!” Ryōta exclaimed excitedly as his light jog came to stop near the seated figure and the coiled kitten, happy that he hadn’t properly lost her.

“Ah… Sorry about my friend there. She just got away from me, and I’ve been having a bit of trouble catching up.” He explained, the faintest hints of breathlessness were quite clear in his voice. His emerald eyes briefly glanced at the woman, and then to the activity that seemingly brought her to the cliff peaks.

“Oh, geez… She didn’t bother you, did she?”

TOTAL WC

Tamae

Tamae

D-rank
Hairballs and Waterfalls {PRIV|Tamae} 2f18sCT

The rolling hum of the washing waters came to echo in the vast lake like valley, letting the natural vista lavish in it’s normalized melody. It was a tranquil place, a simmered land amongst the harsh greys of the hidden stone village. A gentle sigh escaped the plush lips of a plump femme, letting her eyes fall shut and simply drink in the soothing lull of the agrestal environment. Those lashes swooped up, letting the hazel hues pierce to the scenery before eyeing a small bushel of life. It was certainly captivating, seeming to be the very first thing that glimmered that docile does interest. A lone lily, a white contrast with a delicate green gradient that darkened to its stocky leaves and stem. It nestled between a few altruistic crags and was surrounded by jocund grass. A spark ignited in the woman’s mind, allowing her to quickly saunter over to the spot by the flower. It was a rather cozy spot, a mixture of rock and vegetation, ensuring an odd comfort for those that dared to tread its patch. She’d un-sling her satchel from about her frame, coming to set it down and quickly followed par. She’d ease onto her knees and tugged that ivory gown about her form. She’d let it sprawl about her like some regal princess in some folk’s tale. In succession, she’d unlatch the buckle of her satchel and tugged the lip open to reveal the contents with in. The bag was oddly organized, like a puzzle placed in full view; an obsessive compulsion if anything. The pristine woman reached her delicate fingers into the bag and pulled out a bundle of parchments and a chipped inkwell with scripture brushes to follow. The chipped inkwell was embodied in the late sand villages aesthetics, engraved with the common pottery patterns from the tailored style of the lavish lands.  She’d pull the lid off and set the brushes into the ink bath and let them soak. Whilst they took in the heavy black ink, she’d set up the papers before her and let her eyes wander between the parchments and the subject of interest; the lily. It was an artist intuition, playing a keen eye on the details and positioning. She’d push a finger between her lips and soaked it in a light coating of saliva before pulling it past with a hint of red smudged to the creamy pigments. Her lips smudge tainted it in slight, but the woman cared not. She’d heft the finger up to guestimate the winds direction and readjusted the inkwell and papers to match. She wanted to keep that perfect angle with the chance of change in the time she took. Once satisfied, she’d pluck the brush from the inkwell and drew it to the page. She’d place the tip down to the stationary and let the ink soak into its grains.

A lily for thought:

Her hand began to flow along the page, guiding the ink and brush tip to where she deemed fit. She’d keep those hazel tones wandering from the paper and the subject before, both executing the likely hood of its appeal on the parchment. She was in her zone, her lips pursed into a focused pucker whilst those fluid motions began to piece together a portrait. Though, mid stroke, she’d feel something climb into her lap. It caught her off guard, causing the woman to jump in her seated state. Her hand lifted from the page and tossed the brush forward. The ink spattered into the grass and rock, rolling along the surface and leaving a mark in its travels. Though, she’d calm down when she spotted the young kitten curled in her lap. It was unusual, to see a feline this young so happy and free in these parts, or at least to her it was. But, her motherly nature kicked in, letting her left-hand ease down atop the kitted head and followed the curl of its body, her eyes examining the pattern that littered its fur coat. A breed she’d not seen before. But, one she welcomed. She’d adore the kitten, fawning it in her maternal ways. “Poor little one... what are you doing out here and where is your mother?” she’d ponder, canting her head to the side. Her raven locks swayed in the motion, letting her round features gloss in the nullified sun beams from beneath the near by trees. The woman appeared delicate, a fawn in the harsh of rock. She was a chubbier woman, adorning a long dress that sat snug to her pudgy frame. A vision of health but with more to its adoration, she’d move her free hand to hike up her sweetheart neckline and tugged her capes ties down. She’d feel the hood fall back, her long, thick locks in full view as her sun kissed skin glimmered with those freckles; the discolourations covering her from head to toe; though more prominent on her cheeks and nose bridge. She was certainly foreign in appeal, perhaps more accustomed to a different condition.  She’d move her hands to cup the kitten and hoisted the creature up to hold it near her bosom, a racing heart becoming the soothing bond between a mother and its new-found kitten. “No harm will come to you, I assure it...” she’d hushly speak, letting her eyes fall shut. Though, they’d open once more, hearing an odd sound in the distance.

Her attention shifted, letting her doe like hues dawn to the rather dashing man. It certainly didn’t take long for her face to flush a bright shade of red, her eyes widening as she’d look up to him. She’d cottle the kitten closer, her instincts kicking in as she desired to protect the Bengal cat. “S—She is but a fragile creature. To lose such, is rather devastating...” she’d note in her sweetly concerned tone, her voice rather quiet in sound. She’d pause in the moment, hearing the little one mewl in comfort as she held it to her bosom all the more. “S—She’s alright and I assure you... she’s not a bother. She is a welcomed companion in these times” she’d note sighing faintly as she’d trace her hues over the others taller form. It was strange, running into taller kin. “…” She’d fall silent, her hazel hues beaming to the emerald shade in question. He certainly caught her off guard. She’d snap back, shaking her head as the locks swayed in the motion. “How did she slip away, if I may ask?” she’d question, rather curious as to how he even managed to lose such a youngling.

Word Count: 1139
Character Count: 6069

3Hairballs and Waterfalls {PRIV|Tamae} Empty Re: Hairballs and Waterfalls {PRIV|Tamae} Thu May 31, 2018 11:50 pm

Ryōta

Ryōta

D-rank

A smile pulled at his cheeks as emerald orbs settled upon the bengal-patterned kitten in her lap. To see her finally at rest after the destructive chase the pair-- himself more so than the innocent feline-- had inflicted upon the unsuspecting streets of Iwagakure brought him to his own sense of ease. The race was over, and he could rest at last. At some point, he would have to go back and apologize to the poor souls whose day he interrupted with his high-octane cat chasing hijinks, but for now, he was content with taking a few moments to properly catch his breath.

”Aw, I know, isn't she? She's so tiny, I thought I'd lost her for sure!” The excited tone of his voice betrayed the exhaustion of his body, which felt liable to collapse at any moment. Despite the looming threat of fatigue, the warmth in his smile persisted, and his eyes were left to wander over her in curious examination. Raven-black hair framed soft, sun-kissed features decorated with a healthy dotting of freckles, and complemented by a bright pair of doe-like hazel brown eyes. She was dressed in nice clothes to top it all off; like a beautiful vase for a beautiful flower. For a brief moment, it was like looking at a piece of art that he couldn’t quite avert his gaze from, until the realization that perhaps staring might have been rude dawned on him. In contrast to her, his red plaid, black underclothes, and casual footwear made the pair look as though they were dressed for two very different occasions.

Her words brought him a sense of comfort and ease, knowing that the mischievous youngling hadn’t caused her distress in her intrusive appearance.

“I’m glad! I was worried she might have messed up your painting there. It looks really nice, by the way. Your painting, I mean.” Ryōta gestured toward the parchment stained with ink as he helped himself to a seat beside her. His hand carefully reached over and lightly scratched behind the ears of the small kitten, his gaze briefly faltering from the furry scamp to fall upon the object of her study. A beautiful lily just shy of the brook danced in the gentle afternoon breeze, in perfect contrast to the green vegetation and the arid brown of the landscape. Her inquiry broke him from his mindless trance and returned the wandering emerald orbs to her visage.

“Well, funny story, really! She isn’t actually my kitten, she’s my neighbor’s, y’see. My neighbor’s a bit old and sometimes she forgets that she leaves the doors or windows open, and Cloe here just loves to take the opportunity to run off and explore the village.” A light fit of laughter bled into the tail end of his explanation, clearly entertained by the situation. “This is the third time this week. I think she already knows the streets better than I do, ‘cause it’s getting harder to catch her every time. Honestly, I think I end causing more trouble chasing her than she does when she gets out.”

Ryōta leaned back and caught his weight with his hands. Even though it had been mere moments, the sensation of finally being off his feet after his pursuit of the young feline felt euphoric. A breath traveled from his lungs to his lips, escaping in the form of a content sigh. His head rolled to the shoulder closest to Tamae afterward and shared his attention between the kitten and her newly adoptive mother she was coddled against. He could hardly blame the kitten for her preference, though that was a wordless, mental musing that best be left unvoiced.

“She sure does seem to have taken a liking to you. I’ll admit, I’m a little envious!” He said, the smile that had briefly faltered during his yawn returning in force. Perhaps the young kitten merely thought that the entire chase was a game they played, and Ryōta was merely entertaining her. Being the object of the kitten’s affection would certainly help catch her when she got loose, but Ryōta would be lying to himself if he didn’t admit that he enjoyed running after her at least a little bit. It was a fun excuse to jump between buildings akin to the stories of action heroes he recalled from his childhood.

Finally, moments after their first interaction, the realization that introductions had yet to be exchanged had dawned on him. It didn’t seem as though it had bothered her, although it was a bit early to say; perhaps she was still getting over the shock of his brazen approach. He blamed his overtly casual tendencies for the lack of manners and gave himself a thorough mental berating before he spoke up again.

“Ahh-- I should probably introduce myself!” He said, his words accompanied by an earnest attempt at diffusing their informal meeting in the form of warm laughter. “My name’s Ryōta, but my friends usually call me Ryō. You’re welcome to as well if you’d like! And I think I’ve already said her name a few times, but this here is Cloe.” Far from perfect, yet an adequate enough introduction. Ryōta extended his right hand to her after rubbing the dirt from his palm off on his slacks. “It’s very nice to meet you!”

With introductions out of the way and a sudden eagerness to continue their conversation festering in his gut, Ryōta took the lead in their idle chit-chat. “So you’re an artist, aren’tcha?” He asked curiously, leaning toward her slightly to take another look at the drawing upon the parchment.

“That kind of flower is my favourite. You don’t usually see too many in the Earth Country, but they grow all over the place up here.” His idle commentary ended with his gaze shifting from her artwork to her face. “Do you only paint flowers?”

TOTAL WC

+1,016

Tamae

Tamae

D-rank

His voice rang with a comforting chime in her mind, seeing him wander closer. She’d pause, her eyes quickly widening as she’d sense the closeness of another. A hefty thump constantly throbbed in her chest, feeling the palpitations. She was certainly unused to strangers coming into her personal bubble uninvited. But, strangely enough, she didn’t move. She was frozen in place, her hands moving to squeeze the kitten closer to her in comfort. Though, he certainly didn’t hesitate to move closer to her frame with a hand. With that sly nature, she’d still feel uneased at the hand that wandered the kitten. It wasn’t the fact it was touching the kitten, it was a matter of how close her was to her more delicate space. She’d arch her back, feeling a sharp pain in her breaths as her face illuminated in a rather vibrant shade of red. Those freckles soon became dark stardust along a red set of cosmos. She was quick to turn her head toward him, that timid nature well on display with the sudden invasion of her space. It was striking to see how comfortable he was to just openly indulge in her space and be near her. As if, it was a normal thing to do. In her mind, it was a switch, a quick to flip in wish to escape. Yet, she’d not bother to flee like a frightened doe.

The more he spoke, the less uneased she’d feel. But, that wall was rather prominent in it all. After all, he was a stranger, and a dapper one at that. “I—I..Interesting that you are not this little kittens owner. Y—you… you… you have a rather deep-rooted history with this little bugger...” she’d stammer, her nerves coming through. There was a clear distinction of comfort, the further he was the more normalized her speech remained. But, all barriers had a breaking point and this man was certainly finding them with ease. Her breaths with a bit heavy, beginning to smother the poor kitten into that crease of her sweetheart neckline. The wee youngling would begin to cry out in distress as it was meeting the possibility of suffocation. She’d snap to, tugging the kitten from the impending doom as she’d gasp loudly. “O—Oh I’m sorry my little one!” she’d speak in a sudden woe, her brows knitting in worry. She’d quickly move to set the kitten into his lap, not wishing to harm the little one with her scattered brain and meek gests. Though, when she neared him herself, she’d pause. There was an odd pull in the moment, a mental click that caused her to gleam up to him in the sudden words of his own. Envious, a word that was far from her knowledge. It was a peculiar statement, someone begin envious toward a kitten. It was clear, it flew over her head.

Hazel on emerald, her eyes remained locked to his own in captivity, that racing heart unrelenting in the passing minutes. She could faintly hear him speak as the organ echoed in the core of her drums. A strange feeling, one would have upon meeting a new face. “Ryōta…” she’d murmur past her plush lips, her voice unnerved. She was still a meek voice in the moment, trying to simmer herself in the new-fashioned interaction. She’d lean back to a more upright position and shook her head, her left hand raising up to fan at her rouge flesh. “O—Oh.. how rude of me. I—I’m not used to being so close to another. Let alone, the vast comfort to simply sit with another and offer a charming smile like such!” she’d babble out, her left-hand clasping over her mouth. Her flustered mind certainly left the filter out of check. She’d push past the statement, quickly so with a louder tone to hide that prior set of words. “My name is Kuroka Tamae, I came from the Sunakagure! THOUGH in shambles, I—I took refuge here in Iwa..” she’d note, ensuring to get her statement out there to cover her tracks, or so she prayed. She’d let the air become a bit heavy before pulling her attention to the parchment before her, collecting her thoughts. She was a social mess.

“I sketch from time to time. I—I wound up taking a hobby into creativity when I lived in my home lands. I—I helped my mother run a pottery shop..” she’d note, her right hand reaching out to the inkwell and tugging at thin air. The brush was not there, it was still on the pavement before her. She’d zone out, reaching more into the inkwell before realizing what she was doing. She was in too deep, her fingers dunked into the ink and coated in the dark liquid. She’d pipe up, a distress call coming from her lips in the form of a squeak. She’d move the inkwell and set the papers between Ryōta and herself before rising to her feet. She moved quick to the river side, kneeling to dunk her hand into the water to wash the ink while it was still fresh. But, fate saw else wise. Her fair skin was easy to taint, leaving the fingertips a bit darker in their hues. She’d sigh in defeat, leaving her hand in the water and her forehead to rest against her lap. “I—I’m sorry.. I—I’m.. this is new..” she’d note, biting her lower lip as she took a moment to cool off.

She’d turn her head to gleam back at him, her eyes trying to find his if they were to, and simply replied in her hushed tone. “I paint more than the botany that flourished the worlds. I—I’ve painted much more. But, my joy is in flora… They are a vibrant lot of life. They come in a wide array of colours and species. They are also life’s hidden beauty. A true treasure given in the lush lands. Or, at least in my eyes. We had nothing like this in Sunakagure. With all the sand, anything that didn’t grow on harmful plants, never touched that soil..” she’d pause, leaning back to sit up straight once more, her fingers escaping the waters and revealing the tinted fingertips. “My father would bring home lilies and roses from his long journeys outside the land of sand. Roses for my mother and lilies for myself. He said roses were a symbol of love and lilies were of youth and innocence. Just how he saw us both…” she’d feel her words fade near the end, turning on her knees to gleam to the solemn lily that sat between the crags. “A true vision, for sure..” she’d murmur, gleaming to him with a questioned look. “Why are they your favorite? There is more reason than mere looks w—when it comes to enjoying something...” she’d note, her tainted fingers reaching out to gingerly trace the tips along the pedal of the flora, admiring it like she did the kitten. The woman was a delicate creature in this rough world, it was clear she was sheltered and unexposed to the harshness.

Word Count: 1240
Character Count: 6436

5Hairballs and Waterfalls {PRIV|Tamae} Empty Re: Hairballs and Waterfalls {PRIV|Tamae} Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:06 pm

Ryōta

Ryōta

D-rank

Perhaps it was his naiveté, or perhaps it was willful indifference, but operating on expression alone would suggest that her timid speech patterns were neither an issue nor a deterrent for him. The brief tidbits of their conversation thus-far had left him eager to continue their interaction. Emerald eyes settled upon the warm hues that began to colour her cheeks, turning them from their sun-kissed grandeur to deep sanguine. His head tilted-- was she feeling unwell? Perhaps she had taken ill from sitting in the sun.

“Are you feeling okay?” He asked in blissful ignorance, leaning in her direction to examine the colour of her face just a tad closer. Years of medical schooling had left him instinctively interested in investigating the causation of the discolouration of her face.

“Your face is really red. Maybe you’ve been out in the sun for too long?” The concerned tone of his voice had lead him to lean in just a bit more, having already penetrated well past what would have been considered a normal person’s personal space. His gaze and closeness lingered for a moment before he pulled away and straightened his back again, just in time to accept the poor kitten that was offered to him. The playful nature of their relationship became evident when the feline displayed precious little interest in remaining in his lap, and instead leaped to his shoulder and took up an unsteady perch overlooking the pair.

“H-hey!” Ryōta muttered aloud, verbally contesting the kitten’s choice of perch, but ultimately helping to balance her. With his head cocked in her direction and emerald eyes stealing a sidelong glance, a soft chuckle rumbled in his throat.

“I’m startin’ to think that she might just be like this toward me for some reason.”

Ryōta huffed as his hand rose and idly scratched the cat's ears. He reaffirmed his attention on Tamae, who complimented his smile, bringing an even wider toothy grin onto his face as a result. He wasn’t given much of a chance to respond right away before she pushed past and continued, her volume growing a bit as she introduced herself. The smile she brought to his face faltered just a bit at the mention of Sunagakure, and instead turned more to a sympathetic gesture.

“Aw, man... That’s rough…” Ryōta’s voice shifted to a more dulcet tone upon hearing the circumstances of the event that brought her to Iwagakure. “It’s not much of a consolation, but I’m real sorry about what happened down there. Nobody deserved that.”

Drawing in a long breath that escaped his lungs as a sigh, Ryōta’s gaze was briefly pried away from the woman beside him. “Well… Oooon the bright side, I got to meet you! So… doesn’t really… make the whole… any... better… mm…” His hand lifted to his nose and rubbed just above his lip as he sniffed as his voice gradually trailed off. “Foot, meet mouth.” He commented, and immediately followed it up with clearing his throat as an attempt to diffuse his momentary embarrassment.

“So, uhm, how are you liking the village then?” It seemed like a safe question to ask coming off the heels of his verbal blunder. Moving past it quickly seemed like the best course of action, just in case he might have offended her. Perhaps it could be recovered yet!

His response to her answer was interrupted by the distressed squeak she chirped, causing him to jump slightly with surprise. The kitten on his shoulder leapt from his shoulder after her perch moved and wobbled, and began to wander while the pair was distracted. Ryōta watched with a tilted head as she readjusted the placement of her utensils and moved over to the brook.

“Hey, no worries. Did you need any help?” He asked, idly moving the inkwell she had sat nearby to be just a tad farther from the parchment, lest it tip and stain her work. He moved to sit beside her by the creek, this time in the opposite direction as her. His gaze fell to the lily as her’s did, and a half-smile lingered on his face as he fell silent and listened.

“My mum used to tell my brother and I this story about the elves that were tasked to watch over the red spider lily. Manju guarded the flower and Saka guarded the leaves. One day, they defied their orders to watch the lily and met with one another. They fell in love, but the Gods were upset that they defied their orders and put a curse on them, keeping the leaves of Saka from ever meeting the flowers of Manju. When they passed away and met in the otherworld, they promised to meet again in the next life.” Ryōta’s words were laced with childlike wonder as he effortlessly recounted the tale that his mother had told him countless times when he was younger. His hand rose to scratch at his cheek as a smile grew and a laugh festered in his chest.

“It was always my favourite story, so that’s why I like the lilies up here. But my favourites are definitely the white ones, ‘cause the orange ones symbolize revenge and hatred. They’re pretty, but I don’t like the symbolism as much. Cloe likes them though, righ-..” When Ryōta turned his head to address the kitten he was expecting to still be upon his shoulder, a pit opened in his stomach. She was nowhere to be found.

“Cloe?” He called out again, briefly clinging to the hope that she might have lingered nearby. But as his gaze swept from one side to the next, the small kitten was nowhere to be found.

Ryōta clambered to his feet and lifted his hands to his head in animated panic. “Not again! Agh, dang it!” He whined, emerald eyes darting in every direction out of desperation.

“She couldn’t have gotten that far… Uhm-- Tamae!” He quickly turned toward the winsome girl. “I’m super sorry to ask, but do you think you might be willing to help me find her? I mean, if you don’t mind taking a break from your painting, I mean. If you do it’s totally fine! I just-- uhm… She seems to like you, so…”

TOTAL WC
+1,071

Tamae

Tamae

D-rank

The Sunakagure villager certainly was used to the heat and sun, the affects playing ill to her mind at this point. But, she’d certainly not let her emotions husk over her so easily. When the man pointed out that hint of ill will, her reply would be a small shake of her head. Her free hand raised up to rest against the warmth of her pigments and took in the sudden heat that radiated from their gloss. She was bright, and it was certainly visible. That statement certainly stuck with her, no matter the distance she took. ’Are you feeling okay?’. A daunting statement with no answer, that was for certain. But, that distance didn’t last long, seeing the opposed make their way over to the creek side and joined her. The challenge was letting it happen again. He wasn’t so much a stranger that second time around, but those red hues never came to fade. She had no idea what was occurring herself, an odd feeling sweltering in the pit of her stomach, as if she swallowed a jar of butterflies.

Though, that moment came and left, she’d keep to the creek side. But, it wasn’t long still he invited himself once more to her personal space. But, this time around, she was more receptive to it. Perhaps, the doe was fond of this creature. Her eyes loomed to his own, adoring the emerald that gleamed in their gloss. Those delicate fingertips came to trace the pedals a bit more before they wandered to the stem, only to curl about the frail body before she’d squeeze. She’d snap the stem to pry the lily from the last fibers of it’s life. She’d retract her hand and lure that flora close to her form. Her hazel tones dawned to the white purity she held in tow. A delightful and adoring memory racing in her mind. Her blushing became sincerer, a daunting sensation far from mere crushing over the opposed; a short-lived moment. Those orbs settled to his once more, letting that more real emotion flash in his direction as she’d hear his story. With ease, she’d lean over and held the lily to him in offerance, a sweeter look upon her face opposed to the petrification prior to. “Colours have meaning. But, they don’t have to mean s—such. Orange can be warm a—and inviting, perhaps more than that. I—It can present a wiser and more opened array to its pallet. I—It’s the colour that paints the skies when t—the sun sets and rises. Y—You can’t presume that means the day is full of hate based on the rising colour..” she’d note, reaching her free hand to dare invade the space of the oppose. She’d hook her index finger to pocket upon his breast and tugged it forth, slightly so. In a gingerly nature, she’d place the flowers broken stem into the pouch and let it rest there in full bloom. The lilies pedals were in perfect sight, her fingers adjusting how it sat to match him.

Though, the moment was cut short, hearing that distress over calling for his companion. She was a bit lost in the moment, clearly spaced out with the world about her. The Kitten had made its run. She’d bring her gaze to dart about the creek, trying to find the sneaky Bengal cat. “O—Oh dear.. I—I’m sorry.. I—I didn’t mean to distract you from your missive..” she’d note, her hands pressing against her collarbone, a timid motion. When he rose to his feet, she’d grow rather concerned, perhaps that motherly intuition kicking right into gear. She’d loom up at him upon his request, her mind drawing a mild blank. It certainly took a moment for her to reply, surprised that he even asked her instead of rushing off. It was new to her, something she didn’t expect. With a small nod of her head, those raven coloured locks would bob in the movement as she’d set her hands flat to the ground. “Of course, s—she couldn’t have gone too far. O-Or I’m hoping.. if she is as spry as you, she might have made quite the distance by now!” she’d gest, trying to lighten the mood. In a heft, she’d curl her legs closer to her frame and rose up to her feet, pushing off with her hands as they no longer anchored the movements. Once at her short stature, her hands moved to dusk off her wears before perking up on her toes a bit. She was pleased with how pristine she appeared, a minor delight in her appeal. Though, she’d pause in her self-admiration to look to Ryōta. “Don’t worry about my things, we can come back for them later. Consider it an excuse to walk me back to where this all started” she’d note, her voice soothing to the sound. The woman was timid, it was clear. But, she began to feel a bit more comfortable around the taller man. Something about him certainly made her have that sense of trust, even if it was a single knick in the wall of hers. She’d move past him, beginning to wander lightly on her feet as she’d carefully examine the surroundings for a small hint or sign of where the little rascal would of trotted to. She’d simply search high and low, wandering to the creeks farther side before traversing back. “T—To answer your question from before. It’s a change. A rather big one for a small woman like myself. I, actually, never had an interest in the Genin life until I was shown that I had potential...” she’d note, wandering toward her paintings. A clue was in lain sight, a spotting of itty bitty paw prints became noticeable. Those plush lips couldn’t resist that endearing smile, charmed at the little clue. She didn’t ‘t mind that they mucked her paintings, far from. This kitten was a true blessing, bringing forth a new interaction and a milestone in her journey. She’d lean down and picked up the paper, turning to reveal the clue to the other. “Looks like our miscreant left a bit of a trail for us to follow. Or, at least a hint to where she wandered off to” she’d note, a small giggle escaping her lips. It was a melodic sound, one of joy. She’d turn the paper toward her, canting her head to the side a bit. “I—I guess she’s an escape artist..” she’d point out, chuckling a bit more. “Certainly improved the sketch of mine..”

Word Count: 1149
Character Count: 5935

7Hairballs and Waterfalls {PRIV|Tamae} Empty Re: Hairballs and Waterfalls {PRIV|Tamae} Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:59 am

Ryōta

Ryōta

D-rank
Like a moth to a flame, Ryōta felt inexplicably drawn to her presence. At the absolute least, he found genuine joy with simply conversing with her. But perhaps it was something more as well; an unfamiliar sensation had made him eager to continue their interactions so that he might investigate it further. His emerald eyes wandered down toward the lily when she spoke her piece about the colours, which warmed the smile on his face. Those grassy orbs followed her hand to the pocket of his shirt and his head ilted slightly when she tucked the flora into the pocket, even adjusting it to look proper. His cheeks began to warm like his smile, colouring tanned cheeks ever so faintly. When his head lifted and their gazes met, he found it difficult to look away-- although that may have come from a lack of desire to. Averting his gaze felt like trying to pry the strongest of magnets apart, and he was largely unsuccessful in such an endeavour.

“Yeah-- Yeah! That’s a much better way to think about it!” Ryōta said, having lamented on her words for a moment before arriving at the conclusion that he agreed with the concept, if nothing else. He couldn’t necessarily say that it changed his opinion on not liking the colour, but he deduced that such reasoning was best left behind closed doors. Instead, he leaned toward her out of instinct, and the warmth behind his smile persisted. “Even though I’m still not really too much of a fan of orange… I like that mindset a lot more.”

He would have liked for such a tender moment to continue uninterrupted, content to simply exchange a deep gaze into her chestnut windows, but the young feline he was given charge of had certainly thrown a wrench in that plan. A spark of panic had grown in his mannerisms, observed through twitchy limbs and eyes that were in constant motion, in search of his quarry. His instincts told him to just start running mindlessly, and that Lady Luck would smile upon him in his quest their furry companion that was so quick to abscond. But the alluring woman that stood front and center of his attention acted like the voice of reason in his energetic head, directing his efforts in a more concentrated manner upon finding the small clues left behind. He hadn’t quite realized it

“She’s a lot faster than I am… a lot less clumsy as well… With how quickly she moves, it’s possible she’s already halfway across the village.” He admitted, hand finding its way to chin in characteristically thoughtful posture.

Had it not been for the pawprint indications of her travels leading back into the village, he might have feared her wandering out into the Rock Country wastes. But, thankfully, that worry was quickly abated. Finding a single cat within the village was a task hard-pressed for success, but their chances skyrocketed in comparison to the wilderness that lay beyond the boundaries that separated wasteland from the bastion of civilization. If they were lucky, perhaps there remained a chance to find her yet. At the very least, Ryōta was far too tenacious to give up so easily-- or perchance a tad more stubborn.

His attention was drawn from within and settled back upon Tamae, whose declaration that the pair had an excuse to return to the spot of their meeting afterward left his chest with an odd, unfamiliar fluttering sensation. Between them, a small spark had been set alight, and it left Ryōta eager to see it catch and begin to burn.

“It’s a date then!” Ryōta responded, finally, with a wide and toothy grin.

“It looks like she’s heading back into the village, so let’s go have a look around!” Excitedly and with blatant wanton disregard for any concept of personal space, Ryōta reached out to take Tamae by the hand and guide her down from Waterfall Point. His pace, although hurried, wasn’t quite to the point of physically dragging her along.

Assuming that she didn’t offer up resistance that would have otherwise brought him to a halt, Ryōta would lead them back into the village, brushing past the scattered few that traversed the mountainside path to get a view of Iwagakure in its midday splendor. Down the mountain they went, her hand remaining in his for the duration of their descent and even beyond as he lead her through the streets.

Once they had divulged into the bustling midday Iwagakure roads, Ryōta’s nose had taken to the pavement-- figuratively, of course. In reality, he had opted to question nearly every person that they passed, inquiring to each about fightings of the bengal kitten. It seemed like the most logical course of action to the single rusty cog turning away in his head. Yet even so, most hadn’t seen her, and were understandably busy with their own day. Others made claims to have seen her but offered precious little helpful information, merely informing them that they had indeed seen such a creature in passing. But a seldom, esteemed few managed to keep them moving in the right direction. Yet in the right direction they had managed, against the odds that seemed stacked opposite to their favour. Each person that was asked and managed some semblance of useful information had seen their four-legged fugitive at-large more recently than the last.

Ryōta, scatterbrained as he was, took plenty of opportunity to point out various locations of interest to him. Most of them were restaurants of varying reputation, and others were mere hotspots of activity. He had thought that perhaps by demonstrating intimate knowledge of such locations, she might find him more interesting. It was a childish strategy not totally unlike running past a childhood crush to demonstrate the impressiveness of one’s speed in a prosaic display of attraction. Considering that Ryōta hardly had the tact of a seasoned romantic, it seemed appropriate that is methods align so comically close with such youthful ideology.

“Hey, I just had an idea!” Ryōta chimed up, breaking the sequence of conversation in favour of addressing the latest lightbulb to go off in his head.

“How about I, like… treat you to some lunch after we find Cloe? As a way to, like… you know, pay you back for helping me out.” He said, lifting a hand to rub under his nose as he sniffed, in what had quickly grown to be typical nervous-tick fashion.

“...’n stuff. It shouldn’t take too long to find her, and we can come right back to get your stuff before we eat! Whadaya say?”

Ryōta had momentarily brought their advance to a halt, his gaze settling upon her expectantly as the question took ephemeral precedence over the search.

TOTAL WC
+1,158

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.