You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Punching in a Dream [Kirei/NK]  Empty Punching in a Dream [Kirei/NK] Fri May 11, 2018 4:16 am

Watsuji

Watsuji

D-rank
In a rather cinematic fashion, the dirtied up, bruised and bloodied young men would stand side by side as the gates to Kirigakure no Sato opened up. It felt like it had been nearly a week since Watsuji had even seen a work of human architecture, let alone the splendid work of art that was the Village Hidden in the Mist. He gazed around with a sparkle in his eyes. Civilization had never looked this good, like a drink of cold water after a long drought. Watsuji was not the sort to become anxious at the sight of new things, but an excitement fluttered around gently in his gut. Not even his constant limp would stop him from enjoying the presence of civilization.

It was midday. The sun hung above the village expanse, obscured by the seemingly endless mist which slowly maneuvered about. It was as though weather patterns were completely nonsensical here. A lovely sunny day on a dockside city, yet enough mist to make everyone uncomfortable and cast a slight gloom over everything. And even so, nothing could cast a gloom over Watsuji. He was in hot pursuit of a bath, along with food, fresh water, and a real bed. All of those things were directly within his grasp. His head turned with excitement toward Kirei, who had likely seen the entrance to the village so many times it was dull. “Kirei, my friend, where might we find amenities? Surely such an esteemed and powerful warrior of yourself has a bed, hot food, and a hot spring lying in wait?

Watsuji had not said much on the subject, but in their journeys together over the last few days, he had assumed in his own mind that Kirei of the Uchiha must have been among the most legendary and elite shinobi to walk the planet. At the very least, whether it meant anything to anyone else in the world, Watsuji believed Kirei to be an honorable and dutiful warrior worthy of great respect. He had enjoyed his time traveling alongside Kirei. It had provided needed direction in his quest with no leads. Everything from simple pirates and bandits/highwaymen to literal assassin cats had come into the path of the two.

The city streets were flustered with herds of rushing civilians and shinobi alike, rushing to and from this place and that. Everyone seemed to have something they needed to attend to. Watsuji took paces toward nearest inn, looking to obtain every last drop of amenities he could. It seemed Kirei was slightly reluctant but he followed Watsuji anyway. It was a nice little wooden inn with an upper and lower floor along with a bar and a jovial musician. Watsuji had little experience with bars, considering he was only 12 years old. The samurai did have this philosophy that if one were old enough to die in battle, they ought to be able to drink and fraternize as well, though.

The inn seemed to have its own bathhouse built in, much smaller than the large community ones. Of course, no institution like this would show to a room before you paid. Watsuji walked over to the counter to which he was told a price for the room, and in his complete ignorance for the value of currency, he tossed a miscellaneous amount of coin onto the counter, totaling out to at least ten times the cost she named. It was considered a good and wholesome feature by the samurai as a whole for a person not to know the value of different coin pieces.

Now, it was certainly also true that “luxury was the enemy of manhood” in samurai culture, but for a twelve year old boy who had drenched himself in sweat and blood for days in the woods, any rationale was worth using to excuse this nice inn from being considered “luxury” For example, It was also considered necessary for a shinobi to be polite and mannered. How could he be mannered while smelling and looking like a forest hermit?

Lost slightly within his own thoughts, the excited young man looked around the room with a grin before it faded into a look of deep worry and concern. “Kirei, are those...they do not look like the same ilk we dealt with before.” Seated at an individual table in the joyous and jolly bar were two large, muscular men with tattoos and the same colors and symbols about them as the young pirates the samurai and shinobi had hunted in their travels over days. It would seem this quest of Uchiha, Kirei would never come to an end. Not even in the walls of Kirigakure could he escape duty. And Watsuji, as a friend, was obliged to share his arm in battle.

796 |

2Punching in a Dream [Kirei/NK]  Empty Re: Punching in a Dream [Kirei/NK] Sun May 13, 2018 8:02 am

Kirei

Kirei

B-rank
After two days of fighting and clawing their way through the Land of Water; the two youths finally arrived back at the Village Hidden in the Mist. The samurai, Watsuji, had proven to be an honorable companion, assisting Kirei in a lengthy detour to eradicate the rest of the pirate group he had been tracking through the forests. Through an extra two days of tumultuous effort, the pair had eliminated the last of the scattered gang, sending them fleeing or leaving their bodies in the forests, names remembered only by the soil and those who killed them. The Uchiha wondered how much of this was the Ronin's choice and what acts he was merely honor-bound to perform, for the sake of his lineage or some higher purpose. As curious as the Miyamoto clansman was about shinobi society, Kirei had matched with his questions of samurai tradition, eager to learn whatever the boy had to impart while also helping Watsuji learn about his culture.

More alarming still were the attacks by the cats which came viciously and left the pair wounded far worse than anything the pirates had been able to do. The latest attack made this into a worrying trend; on several occasions now, Kirei had been mysteriously assaulted, and in all instances, it had involved a Genjutsu of some sort. As the two made their way toward the city in the last days of their travel, and as Watsuji asked questions about their impending arrival, Kirei had done his best to hide the worry beneath his smile. The Uchiha had been on high alert ever since the attack, this much would have been evident, and it was likely the Ronin was also feeling more cautious, but for once the blonde felt genuinely targeted. Something was observing, and the very act of that analysis triggered something in the Uchiha, some instinct which made the boy watch the eyes of those they passed carefully and check the shadows a little deeper. Perhaps his traveling companion would pick up on this subtlety, or maybe not, it mattered little in the end; Kirei merely resolved never to be caught off guard again.

"Esteemed? Powerful? Oh uhh, I mean I have a place in the city, of course. It's not unique; it's a military dormitory used by the town for low and middle-ranking ninja next to the administration building. It makes it easy to give us assignments and keep us busy. Anyway, we'll find somewhere, I'm starving, and I need a bath, I smell like blood and rainwater."

Opening for the two boys, twin behemoths sighed with creaking wood and pullies until parting ways. The Uchiha produced a Kirigakure headband and a small paper before chatting momentarily with the border agents and ushering his companion into the city. Even before the boy left, the Village had been buzzing with military activity; impending operations in Wind Country meant the Kiri shinobi were in full scramble. The shinobi felt glad to have met the young ronin, Kirei even felt eager to show him to the Hidden Leaf one day, and bring to life the stories he spoke of with far more warmth than those about Water Country. The two wandered through the streets, weaving through the crowd while maintaining a steady candor; Kirei would point out his patrol routes as well as landmarks or his favorite restaurants as they passed by. After withstanding the stares and jeers of the onlooking public, who looked upon the boys as distasteful waifs, or perhaps street urchins, the two began to make their way toward accommodation, amenities, and food provided in one of the Village's many inns. The Uchiha sighed wearily and thought of his wallet and the expense of using private facilities but reluctantly followed on.

Within the place were collections of anything a weather-worn tourist could desire. Bedrest, warm food, cheery music, strong alcohol, and most importantly, a private bathhouse. The blonde didn't take time to question his partner's vast overpayment, but nodded to the woman and followed Watsuji, piggybacking off the younger boy's generosity. Kirei, like the other boy, was an utter stranger to bars and so his eyes glossed over the patrons, searching for the entrance to clean salvation. As the Uchiha's gaze came full circle, it landed on the grim expression of his companion, who transfixed his attention on a pair of men adorned with tattoos drinking toward the back of the bar. Kirei looked them over, and sure enough, the iconography adoring their flesh was identical to that worn by the pirates he had been hunting. The boy almost lashed out right there with his intent but paused, feeling the radiating ache throughout his body. The Uchiha sighed, long and defeated; his body was worn out and sore, there would be no bar fight on the occasion of this arrival, at least not one initiated by Kirei.

"Our journey has been long, and my body is tired and beaten. Your keen eyes found them, and so I'll tell you more about shinobi culture; one of the tenants of my creed is the skill of gathering information and proper planning. We have knowledge now that we can use against them, follow them and find out where they are operating from within the Village, notify the ANBU Black Ops and assist with the mission. In this way, we are fighting with our minds at all times, a secret war of information and deception."

Leaving this statement to percolate, Kirei would decisively make his way toward the baths, hoping Watsuji would have the sense to heed his words, perhaps even to discuss them with him. The blonde would enter the showers and take from a rack of stone plates a hot towel, stripping down his bloodied cloak and entering the steam and water. Before Watsuji would join, if indeed he did, Kirei would find himself pleasantly alone for a minute, nobody else populating the room save for the pair of wanderers. Watsuji would be treated to another glimpse of shinobi culture if he joined the Uchiha in the baths; the boy's body was visibly marked with innumerable scars, both fresh and old, as well as bruises and burns decorated Kirei's skin. The boy drew no attention to this woeful collection of memories but they would serve as a monument to his dedication as a warrior, in spite of his sometimes aloof demeanor.

3Punching in a Dream [Kirei/NK]  Empty Re: Punching in a Dream [Kirei/NK] Mon May 14, 2018 1:41 am

Watsuji

Watsuji

D-rank
Watsuji would find it a relief to learn that the two were not duty bound to fight the two hulking mongrels across the way. He most certainly didn’t have any desire to spend another day second in his filthy clothes or holding the stained hilt of his blade in his bruised and sore hands. Every bit of his being desired to rest and so he brought his gaze slowly away from the two and looked back at the Uchiha boy before him with a gentle smile. “While I may never be one to utilize quiet approaches, intelligence gathering, and subterfuge in my combat style, I can certainly say this is without a doubt the most relieving news I’ve received today!” he let out a gentle chuckle as the two continued toward the baths.

The large bubbling pools of steaming water were dotted about, each looked to have a capacity of around three people comfortably or four of you wanted to be cramped. Kirei had grabbed a towel and lowered himself within, Watsuji followed suit, taking out the time to, in as casual a fashion as he could, analyze the scars littered across his new friend’s body. He could not possibly have imagined the stories behind each of them, but he recognized the value of each. Watsuji himself had some scars across his torso, but far less than Kirei. It was evident which of the two had more experience as a warrior. Watsuji had much he could learn from the shinobi, and Kirei in particular. He had been told for years and at times he was still reminded by Hideyoshi that shinobi had no respect for the traditions of samurai. Yet, Kirei had been ultimately respectful to Watsuji in all of the circumstances so far.

Not to be strange or invasive but you have quite a few marks of valor upon you. You’re a seasoned combatant, yes? I have heard that the ranking structure of the shinobi military system is unique. I don’t know much, only babble.

Watsuji would splash water gently across his body and wash himself as clean as possible. The soothing bath took the ache from his muscles and felt genuinely pleasant. He could have fallen asleep right then and there as he leaned his head back. “You’ll grow too soft and lose your edge if you indulge deep in luxury this way. I won’t even start into the disgust I feel about your current whereabouts, boy, but know that I’ll remind you when you are out of code.” Watsuji looked back at the blade laying on the ground, then back to Kirei before sinking back into comfort, grumbling internally at the reminder of responsibility.

He would sit for awhile, listening to Kirei and nudging forward the conversation, hoping to learn more of what shinobi society had to offer. When it seemed Kirei was finished as well and he would realize that both of the young men’s clothing was missing, along with his weapons. “Kirei, where have our clothes gone?

511 | 1307

4Punching in a Dream [Kirei/NK]  Empty Re: Punching in a Dream [Kirei/NK] Tue May 15, 2018 7:15 am

Kirei

Kirei

B-rank
Kirei let forth a long, contented sigh as he lowered himself into the steamy baths. He set the towel aside and reveled in the warmth which soothed his aching body. The cold Water Country forests still left their chill in the Uchiha's body, his natural fire alignment and childhood in Konoha hated the weather and yearned for warmer days. Closing his eyes, the blonde sunk back, letting the water caress his body and wash away the grime into nothing. The treatment of his weary body gave the Uchiha something to be thankful for as he neared the dangerous completion of his pact. He careened his body back even further, dipping his face below the water holding his breath for several moments before surfacing and rubbing his hands across his eyes while smiling, refreshed and satisfied.

Across from Kirei, the young ronin joined him in his relaxation, and after several minutes, Watsuji's words gave the Uchiha reason to pause and consider them. He hadn't thought much about the effects of battles on his body and as he looked down over his chest and arms, quizzical expression in response to his partner's question. As his eyes examined his body, he could remember the occasion of nearly every vicious marking; the explosion at the brewery with Di, intense missions and training with Izumi, and countless battles on behalf of the mist, but those barely covered any of the stories inlaid on Kirei's flesh. The majority of the miniature sorrows had been inflicted during the training with his father in the Land of Fire, long before he had been a real ninja. The boy's expression changed from curious to somber, and his smile faded before he looked up to see Watsuji staring at him and then laughed, feeling stupid for having zoned out for so long staring at himself. Gesturing to a cluster of burns and scars across his right shoulder and neck, Kirei would respond.

"You know, a lot of these scars are from here in the Mist. Even before I was a ninja though, I was separated from my Father in the forest while we traveled, this was almost two years ago now. I got attacked by rogue ninja in the woods, and I was nearly killed... Ayak- The Mizukage saved my life."

Kirei paused, unsure why he was telling any of this to Watsuji in the first place. The blonde felt a tremendous affinity with the samurai, and though he could not explain it, there existed a kinship, at least for Kirei, that he wanted to preserve. In spite of meeting others, even those from his homeland, while studying here in Kiri, the boy had yet to find somebody with whom he shared a real understanding, until now. In all sincerity, Kirei still felt mostly alone in the Mist.

"Well, there are a ton of ranks in the ninja military: Genin, Chunin, Tokujo, and Jonin. I guess those are the major ones. I'm the lowest rank there is in the army's world, still a Genin until I go back to my village and see if they want to promote me. Within the system, there are other ranks, like ANBU Black Ops and the Mist's Seven Swordsmen. Of course, the pinnacle is the title of Kage, but you knew that one probably."

Kirei and Watsuji would talk and bathe for some time, washing themselves thoroughly clean of the troublesome journey they shared together while the shinobi answered each of his companion's queries about the ninja world and its customs. Kirei was eager to impart any knowledge he could, enjoying for once the feeling of teaching instead of being taught. The brief role reversal gave Kirei an appreciation for those who spent time with his questions. When they were finished, Kirei would stand slowly, groaning through the pain which still filled his body even after the therapeutic waters. When the two arrived at the far side of the room, along with Watsuji, Kirei's eyes widened, and his jaw dropped before forming the shape of a scowl. The Uchiha darted forward, poking his head into the hallway and seeing no apparent signs before looking back at Watsuji.

"Shit! Fuck! Bitch! These fuckers aren't getting away with our stuff!"

Kirei brought his hands together, clasping them to form a hand seal and weaving his chakra into the surrounding air. Carried with the flow of his willpower, the boy's Ninjutsu crawled out immediately, resounding across the area of the inn and the neighboring city block. The precise chakra signature Kirei projected would allow him to perceive, as quickly as with his own eyes, the environment's secrets in explicit detail. With his map generated, the Uchiha could spot three forms rushing away from the inn. The technique was not detailed enough to tell, at this range, whether the fleeing trio was carrying their things but with no other apparent culprits and no discernable reason these people appeared to be running, it was as good of a bet as any. Kirei supposed the theft was due to the ANBU mask and Watsuji's blades, the latter of which, Kirei presumed, could possess substantial value if sold on the black market.

The Uchiha would not allow either of them to become a victim of this crime and so set off running in pursuit, gripping the towel around his waist with his golden mane flailing behind him and a look of utter bedlam plastered across his face. Jeers and stares from the inn's patrons greeted the boy as he burst, nearly naked, into the crowded dining room, spotting pirates too confused to act and catching staff off guard with his streak toward the exit. On the street, the reactions were nothing less than jovial; a chorus of laughs rang out from the onlookers as the young Uchiha made his way toward his target.

5Punching in a Dream [Kirei/NK]  Empty Re: Punching in a Dream [Kirei/NK] Thu May 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Watsuji

Watsuji

D-rank
It was surely not going to be a good look, a wandering samurai from lands unknown making his debut in the headlines of whatever media the Hidden Mist Village possessed. Rushing through the streets in only a towel with his blonde friend right ahead of him. Both of them were obviously in pain from soreness, bodies having relaxed from the hot bath they had just left. Each step and dodge brought radiating soreness through Watsuji’s limbs. He pressed himself on, though. Dodging and pushing passed crowds of people on the village streets just outside the inn. He trusted his ally to had identified the thief’s somehow and was leading him in the correct direction. Losing Hideyoshi would be an ultimate sin in the eyes of his home and in the eyes of even the kind ancestors of his lineage. Furthermore, losing his mothers beautiful white blade would strike Watsuji down painfully. He would not allow it.

The sound of bare feet kicking up dirt could be heard around as the two boys pounded the pavement with great speed, though Kirei eventually overtook the samurai, his physical condition clearly more honed. He was a very fast individual. Watsuji took to focusing on the location of his comrade from a distance, making it the utmost goal to have his blonde hair in his sights no matter what. “Kirei! Don’t worry about me, I’ll catch up. Don’t let me hold you back! Just make sure you leave one for me.” he would assure the hidden leaf ninja that he need not worry himself with letting Watsuji catch up. The thieves seemed to have no chance, untrained street rats against a honed and skilled warrior. Even with the insane headstart the scumbags had received, it appeared they were no match.

A hand on his shoulder would catch Watsuji’s attention. He looked up to meet eyes with a hooded individual wearing one of the same sort of white animal based masks. “Identify yourself. Your rank. Your Village. And explain to me what you’re doing rummaging through the streets so indecently.” Watsuji looked at the individual, who wore a white boar mask. Using his reasonable response first. He took a deep breath and gave a smile in his initial response. “My apologies. I am Watsuji of the Miyamoto. I do not hail from your shinobi village’s as I am a samurai. My friend and I were bathing at the inn a few blocks back and found our items stolen by thieves! So we pursued them ourselves.

The masked individual looked back toward the inn and then at Watsuji again. Without further conversation they grabbed the young samurai by the wrist and began to pull him in the opposite direction of Kirei and the bandits. Walking him into an alley. “Here in Kirigakure we take no prisoners. I have reason to believe you are an invader of our lands and I will have to deal with you as I see it fit.” Watsuji looked at him angrily and prepared to raise his fist when a knee caught him in the stomach with such force and intensity, the boy had never known such strength. His mouth opened and vomit escaped, blood mixed in with it as he had bitten his tongue from the jolt. A fist smashed into his left cheek and his head collided with the wall, hard enough to create a small impression and for some brick to crumble away. Watsuji grasped to conciousness as another blow to his chest sent him back into the wall with the same intense force. Watsuji felt his entire body shudder. On the precipice of collapse, he cling to consciousness with his life. Nearby, Kirei would be dealing with the street thieves with relative ease and would have secured their valuables. A voice would infiltrate the young root shinobi’s head. “One of your ilk with the white masks has taken Watsuji into an alley just back a little ways and has nearly beaten the boy to death. I believe he intends to kill him.

683 | 1990

6Punching in a Dream [Kirei/NK]  Empty Re: Punching in a Dream [Kirei/NK] Thu May 17, 2018 9:40 pm

Kirei

Kirei

B-rank
Kirei's feet pounded the pavement, carrying his dripping form through the crowds of onlookers as he weaved deftly, hopping on his heels to dart between the pedestrians after leaving the bathhouse. The Uchiha tried to keep track of his companion through the bustle, making sure to zig-zag slightly more than necessary as his trained pace put distance between him and the young Ronin. To keep track of all the people around him as well as Watsuji and the map generated by his Sensory Technique, Kirei's eyes flared to life, and the stress of overloaded senses immediately receded. The boy reached an alley and turned on his heel, left hand holding his towel in place tightly while he veered off in pursuit of the thieves. Unable to see Watsuji, Kirei decided to trust the boy's ability and continue his chase rather than waste time turning to look for him in earnest.

Three young men, matching yellow armbands, with the belongings of the two boys clutched between their arms, ran as fast as they could to get away, only now realizing they were being pursued. Untrained thieves proved no match for Kirei's quickness as his foot planted firmly against the alley's wall, launching himself heavenward and arcing high over his targets to intercept their path. Coming to a sudden stop, the teens laid eyes on the young Uchiha who peered at them, Sharingan twirling behind narrow eyelids. The thieves looked among each other for confirmation or confidence, and Kirei stood slowly after landing to give them ample time to think. What were mere seconds might as well have been hours for Kirei, his eyes already analyzing the three, finding their weapons and peering at the twitches of their muscles and flow of their chakra. The Uchiha could already mark them easily as non-ninja, meaning they posed little to no threat to him at their age and size, so he spoke before inciting any violence.

"Alright, I just got back into the village, I'm cold and tired, and I want to go home, so give me my shit back so I can leave."

Hesitation would prove to be their enemy as with no adequate response, Kirei would lurch forward and strike with his right foot at the abdomen of the rightmost thief, causing him to splutter and fall backward grunting. The Uchiha would not hesitate, twisting his body around and swinging his right fist into the face of the first victim's neighbor before gripping the folds of his stolen cloak and tightly to wrench it free of its captor. With a flourish, the boy covered himself in the ROOT Initiate's guise and brought his hands together in a flash. Beneath the three, one of whom was clutching at his bloody jaw while the first to be assaulted still tried to stand, the ground rumbled and broke, torn asunder by Kirei's chakra control and contorted into the shapes of clamoring hands. The limbs ascended en masse, crawling over the bodies of his victims who found their blows utterly unable to break through the solid rock which bent to the Uchiha's will. After constricting the teens, Kirei would approach and aggressively snatch his belongings along with his companion's, stopping the moment his hand laid firm on the sheath of the ronin's companion blade.

Hideyoshi's voice came through Kirei's head like knives, slicing away the fog of the encounter and refocusing the boy on a new goal. Kirei clothed himself as quickly as he could while running, skipping and tumbling back down the alley to locate Watsuji before it was too late. Finishing with his shoes, the Uchiha jumped to the ledge of a roof, Watsuji's belongings secured along his back save for Hideyoshi who was clasped firmly between his fingers, urging him toward the boy. Between Kirei's Sharingan and the blade's affinity for its wielder, the two closed in on the ronin's position without much delay, long before the ANBU agent would have time to take his life. Without losing momentum, Kirei would transform in a puff of smoke, taking on a slightly taller form and changing his mask's appearance to that of Itai, the ANBU captain Di and he had met while investigating the Yatagarasu murders. Combined with his mask's vocal mimicry, the Uchiha would try this gambit before daring to engage the Black Ops directly. When Kirei lept from the roof into the alley, he would draw Hideyoshi and point in the direction of the shinobi while speaking with a false baritone, trying his best to ignore what would surely be a tirade from the sword's spirit in response to his wielding of it.

"Stop! This boy is a state guest accompanying samurai meeting with the Mizukage! I am assigned to personally shadow him, and you will stand down at once!"

Recognizing the unique mask of the ANBU captain, the man assaulting Watsuji would stop and back away slowly, nodding his head and raising his hand into a half-seal before vanishing. There were no words exchanged, no need when given orders by a familiar commander, and to question his orders would mean his own death. Without wasting time, Kirei would kneel and drop the bulk of Watsuji's belongings, checking the boy's wounds and making sure he was alright while mentally cursing the Mist for their reckless violence. Kirei would tend to the boy as best he could, and when Watsuji felt comfortable, the Uchiha would help him dress and take his arm over his shoulder to help him move.

"We'll get out of here back to my dormitory. I'm sorry for letting this happen, Watsuji."

7Punching in a Dream [Kirei/NK]  Empty Re: Punching in a Dream [Kirei/NK] Fri May 18, 2018 1:53 am

Watsuji

Watsuji

D-rank
Your hands and the hands of the your ancestors are soaked with the blood of my people. Why do you feel it acceptable to wield me, BOY!” the rage of Hideyoshi could be felt by Kirei as the words drilled into his psyche. Hideyoshi truly felt so much of his pride defeated and crushed as the young shinobi held the sacred weapon he had been sealed within. The long history of pain and fighting at the hands of shinobi had given Hideyoshi a sort of paranoia. In this time, there was rampant unaddressed post-traumatic stress disorder among soldiers of these gruesome, up-close and personal conflicts. Hideyoshi was no saint, and had done terrible things in the name of war and honor, but his feelings of discomfort were from a place of pain.

The beating was only a single strike away from fatal. Concussed and weak, the young boy’s heart was struggling with the ordeal. Despite excellent physical health, being struck so hard so many times had almost sent him into cardiac arrest. It was just as the last lights prepared to flee his brain that someone arrived to stop the assault. As Watsuji glanced up, his back pressed against the wall and his body slumped slightly forward in agonizing fatigue, he noticed the man carrying his belongings as his savior. He thought to himself that it must have been Kirei. In his hands, Hideyoshi. Watsuji could hardly even fathom the strange sight. But he fathomed enough to smile slightly before tumbling toward the ground.

Kirei was on standby to catch him, helping him into his clothes and supporting his weight as they made way back to Kirei’s dormitory. Watsuji was in and out of consciousness so the journey must have seemed a lot longer to Kirei than to the samurai boy. No conversation took place during this walk, as Watsuji just simply could not manage it. The door to the dormitory opening up and the feeling of being lowered onto a bed were some of the last things Watsuji tuned into. Whenever it was that Kirei would decide to turn over to sleep, Hideyoshi would tune back in.

I had started to wonder why the fates thought it that I should be sealed into such a novice weapon. I believe I have begun to realize the answers to that question. Watsuji, this misguided young boy, believes the shinobi will accept him. He believes with all of his heart that the past is only behind him. Tonight he feels the sting of his naivety. Nothing I said before could have saved him. I think I know why I’m in this tanto.

Hideyoshi would pause, the room filling with silence for some time. He would chime in with one final statement “Watsuji must be protected. The only path to peaceful unions between our people lie within that boy. But he will die in your lands if he does not learn, if he does not grow. You are the only one he has here. You are the only one worthy of wielding me, and only to protect the boy. Thank you for doing so. Do not mention this conversation to him. It is only a grandfather’s will.

Exit Thread

540 | 2530

Speed: D-0 ~> D-3 (1175) + 150 Ryo
Endurance: D-0 ~> D-3 (1175) + 150 Ryo

Total: 2350 + 300 Ryo

Last edited by Watsuji on Fri May 25, 2018 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total

8Punching in a Dream [Kirei/NK]  Empty Re: Punching in a Dream [Kirei/NK] Fri May 18, 2018 9:14 pm

Kirei

Kirei

B-rank
Hoisting the young ronin over his shoulder, Kirei did his best to keep the boy's body still and not aggravate his injuries. The Uchiha was no trained medical-nin, but with Izumi as his teacher, the blonde had picked up enough tangential know-how to carry Watsuji with the minimal amount of pain inflicted on his body. Kirei wanted to speak and tell his companion how sorry he was that this had happened, that in his pursuit of the thieves he had forgotten about his comrade and allowed him to nearly be killed. Kirei cursed himself for putting such a retrieval ahead of the safety of his partner; even if he had acted out of the desire to save Watsuji's heirlooms more than his own belongings, the choice was the fault of him alone. With the silent Hideyoshi still at his side and Watsuji fading back and forth from the edge of consciousness, Kirei remained silent in his escort.

Taking the quickest route through the city that he knew, the journey still felt far longer than it needed to. There were those among the citizens of Kiri who observed the boys while they walked, curious as to their circumstances, but other than the few sympathetic stares, the pair were met mostly with apathy. The Mist's streets were known for their coldness and cruelty, not only because of the harsh sea winds which prevailed and send an unearthly chill across the city but because of the jaded nature of its denizens, sharpened far too much by the whetstone of bloodshed. The boy's meeting with the Mizukage in the following days would tell him a lot about whether he should have faith in the Mist any longer; if their leader would prevent him from fulfilling such a promise then maybe they were beyond saving. Butterflies swarmed Kirei's stomach at the thought of coming face to face with Ayakashi again, she had saved his life when they had met nearly two years ago before Kirei had even been a ninja.

The dormitory was mostly empty when the two arrived, almost all of the village ninja were out on sortie for the upcoming operations in the Land of Wind. Kirei had meant to find Nova or Izumi and travel with them when the time came, wanting their perspective as an education tool for when he came to Suna for the first time. The same nervous feeling permeated his body for that excursion as for the meeting, but the travel gave him a sense of hope rather than the fear of being too weak to return with Ayakashi where he desired to go. Pushing through the door, Kirei would lay Watsuji gently on the mattress of his single bed, retreating to the bathroom to wet a soft hand towel and clean cuts and bruises on the boy's unconscious body. By the time the blonde finished tending to the ronin and making sure he was at no risk of infection or further injury, the sun was beginning to set, and Kirei felt exhausted. The swirling thoughts and adrenaline kept his body going far past its limit and it was hitting him all at once, waves of pain radiated from his muscles, joints flaring with delayed agony as he slumped back into the chair opposite the window. No sooner had Kirei embraced a moment of relaxation before he heard the sound of a familiar voice ringing in his head, echoing as it addressed him for conversation, severe and gruff but with a soft underpinning.

Kirei supposed the spirit was right in his own way; the Tanto bridged the gap between shinobi and samurai worlds in a symbolic way. Kirei felt the weight within the blade when he drew it, an act he had done without thinking of its significance until now. Beneath the steel, or perhaps surrounding it, Kirei could remember the feeling of Hideyoshi's spirit and left with a new perspective, able to understand more thoroughly the depth of Miyamoto tradition. The boy let silence reign for several moments following the samurai's words, closing his eyes and considering himself carefully before replying. Kirei wanted to make sure he would not be misunderstood, and that he and Hideyoshi would maintain a good relationship. The Uchiha was still curious to learn more about the samurai and the times in which he had lived, especially now he had an inkling of the origin of Hideyoshi's hatred of the shinobi creed. Whether the spirit knew it or not, stumbling into this village was the best thing that could have happened to the Ronin. Meeting Kirei was fortunate, but the Mist's ferocity would easily temper Watsuji into a strong warrior, as it had done for the Uchiha in these long six months abroad. Before his arrival, the blonde was aloof, unskilled and distracted by the slightest fancy but now he thought of himself as a tactical and versatile scout, still learning the ways of combat.

"Watsuji is stronger than you think. At least I think so. He's a lot stronger than I was before I got here and if he learns the same as I do, he will be a powerful samurai before you even notice him change. This country has a way of changing people, so I want to ask you something as well..."

"...Don't let him get lost in the suffering. It's easy to forget the world's good when you're in a place like this that is just surrounded by bloodshed. The Mist will give him strength but when I leave, if he chooses to stay, or wherever we end up going, carry with you the knowledge that not all of our warriors are crushed by the weight of our history."

With his piece said, Kirei laid back in the chair and put his feet up on the desk to rest his weary body in the evening sunset. He would remain awake to make sure the injured ronin did not stop breathing and watch him for any other symptoms, but beyond his vague awareness of Watsuji, Kirei allowed himself to wander into calm. This restful state would not provide true recuperation but instead afford Kirei the time to gather himself for the morning. The invitation to the second part of Death Camp, being run by the Seven Swords' Captain, Sero Osada, would take place tomorrow and though the Uchiha had not intended to go, he and Di had questions for the man. When morning came, the tired, but somewhat recovered Kirei would leave early, writing a note for his companion which he would find whenever he awoke, along with money, a map and several hundred oranges from which the boy could get breakfast.

'Spider-Island is this spooky place to the south of the city, I'm not sure where I'll be but have Hideyoshi find me when you get there.

- Kirei'

exit

575 + 600 + 700 trains Endurance c-rank to c-3
1200 trains b-rank ninjutsu technique (-10% quick learner, -10% uchiha ninjutsu)
1050 trains b-rank katon ninjutsu technique (-10% quick learner, -10% uchiha ninjutsu, -10% uchiha katon)
21 remain

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.