You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Empty A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:01 pm

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
They say that the present is a gift. ( Seeing that he was still alive, despite recent events, he could verify the validity of that saying). Yeah. Today was the day he was to meet with the Hokage. He had sent a letter to the administration building a few days earlier, a request for some time to talk with the Hokage concerning habitation and the possibility of opening a secluded forge underground somewhere. The last part was mostly just to get more information on whether or not the they were fine with a former desert ninja selling, perhaps, exotic, weaponry. Another point in his favor in securing more support for his desert men in the Land of Wind, hopefully.

“Kisei Ushinatta?” The Ushinatta, armed with nothing but his clothes, a few rolled up blueprints sealed in his scroll, and an umbrella, was quietly led into the Hokage’s office by a cloaked figure. Kisei shivered as he stepped through the door. The room of the area was like Alpha’s workshop, warm, but serious. Like anything might go wrong if you touched something, and it didn't like it. 'Just the jitters, you'll shake it off.’

He kept his head respectfully bent down, avoiding eye contact. In the top corner of his vision he caught sight of a wooden chair. Wasting no time to take his seat, leaning his umbrella against the right side of the chair. He took in the scent of tea and warm wood, the afternoon air adding its own flavors to the room. As he got comfortable the door closed behind him with a light creak. Palms pressed against his knees he waited for any words the Hokage may say to him first, answering questions, any demands they might have. But if none was said he would continue with his own statements. Kisei wouldn't want to hold a leader of a prominent village from their duties for too long if he could help it.

“I am, incredibly, grateful for your time. So- it's…” he took a breath. “First off, I'm wondering, how would you feel with a former Sunagakure ninja like me joining your village?” He scratched the back of his neck, embarrassed. “I mean, I'm not exactly useful as a ninja, overall. But there are a few special things I can do." His flush faded, a more determined look over taking the mood.  "If I'm going to stay here, might as well  help around right?”

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Rippa was in his office already dealing with a great deal of issues from overnight. A couple of patrol reports that were somewhat alarming. Another group of refugee's had popped up within the sensory barrier and were being vetted but needed more supplies to keep them satisfied and warm. Food mostly for the lengthy process. It was difficult since so few of them actually had paperwork. It was usually just an interview and hope for the best while monitoring them. They were being assigned to temporary housing and to what jobs they could manage but truthfully there was more need for work than there was available jobs. Especially those without a trade craft. This boy he was supposed to be meeting on the other hand was a different story. A shinobi supposedly. There was plenty of work for a soldier he admitted to himself. However he wasn't sure about loyalty. Sure the kid could work for the village but would he use it to turn on them? How many shinobi from Suna would try something? He would need to find the peace quickly. If he had to break up too many fights it would be dangerous. The community would want to force the refugees out over a couple of dumb choices.

His next meeting would be coming soon but for now he sat back. His red robes somewhat matching with his white hat with red lettering for Hokage across the top. He had chosen to wear it over his shoulder length silver hair for now though his eyebrows and white stubble gave it away. He was sitting in a red leather chair behind an oakwood desk. Behind him on the wall were his famous weapons crossed over each other. Sheathed as they were the twin repeating crossbow katana behind him bore the names Adam and Eve. The ammo belt drooping underneath them with eight bolts. Even now the two weapons were loaded. Always loaded. His wooden sandals tapped against the floor as he tapped his foot and rubbed his chin. Eyeing the pictures hanging around the room of each previous Hokage with sky blue eyes. Most warriors in their own way. He was too but he knew he could do more than that for the village. He could keep Konoha into the wealthy powerhouse it was today. A future for their young. Perhaps that was why he had considered Roo....no that thought would have to be revisited later. For now his next appointment was coming down the hall.

The boy would quickly make himself comfortable and Rippa would watch in silence as he took a seat before the door was even closed. He supposed he expected more but this was fine. His blue eyes would watch quietly as gratitude was expressed followed quickly by the point of the meeting and his reasoning behind it. Even if it sounded vague and hesitant. Rippa would stop his scribbling and set his pen to the side before sitting back in his chair. Looking the boy over as his fingers tapped on the side of the arms of his chair they rested on.It was a pity. He had planned to receive a shinobi but by his own omission he was barely that. Still he was known for having made some progress in the exams. So Rippa spoke in a quiet and calm tone. Watching him for a reaction. "The shame is we can always use more shinobi. However if you have another talent we can house you appropriatly. Depending on what it is. Speaking of which, you were fairly vauge on that. Care to clarify for me?"

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
The young Ushinatta blushed at the sound of the Hokage's voice. A rough melody of a youthful man. Kisei smiled shyly at the Hokage's request. How to go about this without involving the Anbu? Heh.... Well, start off slow, show them what you can. "Well you see, I'm a kind weapon-smith." He explained, reaching into his jacket, slowly but not sluggishly. Producing a single scroll. He took a step forward, eyeing the Kage for permission, and if he was denied he would happily back of and lay the scroll on the floor, though if allowed he would straighten the scroll on their desk.

With a pulse of chakra he unsealed the scroll's contents. When the small puff of smoke cleared Kisei was surrounded by a number of blueprints depicting some of his proudest creations, as well as a few . The Combat Gloves he made for that man a while ago, his own umbrella and- oh dear what is that doing here!? "Oh, forgot I still had this in here." It seemed that Kisei had inadvertently summoned his pinwheel here as well.

Having no interest with the pinwheel currently he elected to lean it against his side of the Hokage's desk. Palms starting to sweat from the anxiety. He turned to the blueprints, locating the one for 'Burst Straight' Gloves before rotating it to the Elite Ninja's perspective. "The Ushinatta "Clan's" specialty, is a form of advanced technology capable of harnessing chakra in a numbered of varied ways, similar to how some of your unique weapons are capable of. These gloves for example are able to send a burst of kinetic force strong enough to break open a man's skull." Nothing special, not like you could already do that... He shrugged like it wasn't a big deal. "My expertise isn't limited in weapons either. Recently I've been working my way into armor as well as the possibilities of applying these to puppets. The concepts with them are similar so I expect exceptional results there." He finished, inhaling calmly despite the lack of air in his lungs.

Kisei stepped back into his seat, watching his clien- the Kage's reaction. The pressure easing somewhat now that he wasn't talking. Though with all that fumbling around he might have given off less of the impression of an extraordinary Creator of Weapons, and more of a.... amateur.. A depressing thought. However, "It’s true; I am barely a ninja by the standards of this world. Though I can guarantee you that I am not worthless. These weapons I carry-" Kisei gestured to the pinwheel and umbrella, “-While powerful, don't fully showcase my true crafting ability.”

443+415=858

4A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Empty Re: A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:20 pm

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Rippa would watch the bashful boy a moment. It appeared to be a genuine emotion but at the same time the boy was obviously intelligent. He was bringing himself across as timid even though he was technically a shinobi. Perhaps there was some tactic there. An attempt to ease the hokages mind about allowing a foreign shinobi from a village with no alliances into his own. However that wasn't really required. Suna nin had been joining Konoha for years in search of some sort of structure. Abandoning it in due time as well but joining all the same. Still it was also possible he didn't want to be pushed into the position of an active forces shinobi. Preferring to instead chase his passion as a weapons smith. He noted the boy didn't use the term blacksmith and waited to see if that was on purpose. There were differences to be considered. Konoha had plenty of blacksmiths. Though the tools and forges were often similar enough. Still it wouldn't hurt to let the boy attempt to open up shop here. Especially if it was arming konoha nin. He could be looking to arm their surrounding enemies but then what would have been the point of meeting the hokage? Surely it was better to go unnoticed than to divert suspicion so directly.

Still the young man would produce a scroll and wait for permission. A dangerous proposal. He could have a stack of explosive tags in that scroll. Still Rippa didn't see the boy as a self sacrificing type. If he was he was very good at concealing it. A regular wolf at the door. Ready to bring punishment to Rippa for the sins of the past. However Rippa would nod all the same to accept and allow him to place the scroll on the desk. Close proximity. Already in a very subtle manner Rippa was preparing his chakra in a defensive way. Ready to negate anything that might come out at him. He needed to be prepared for that occurrence. Still he was pleasantly surprised as a series of scrolls would pop up on his desk. Only a single pinwheel joining it but being set to the side. Accidentally placed there it would seem. Still the young man would select a specific blue print and describe it to him. Giving him a description of a pair of high tech combat gloves. Chakra tech was an interesting concept but a dangerous one at the same time. Rippa would idly pick up the blue print and look it over blankly before speaking in return.

"I must admit this is interesting. However my studies always pertained to the medical arts. I am not familiar with how to read such blueprints. I get the vague idea of it but I think you will find it a newer concept here. Not that there won't be applications for it. I am hesitant though to approve of something I don't fully understand or have simply been shown documents that I can't translate. Perhaps you would like to demonstrate to our sword priests blacksmiths some of these weapons of yours. If they work, no doubt the smiths will lend you use of their forges for your trade. If not, there is always your choice of shinobi missions. I fear after all I will need to put you to work in some way to lessen the burden on our resources. As I have already sent aid and forces to Suna. With refugee's coming in our resources are thin. I would appreciate it if perhaps you and who ever came with you would find your place quickly. Surely though you too have questions."

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
The Ushinatta initially beamed at the Hokage's interest though immediately mentally smacked himself when they admitted they couldn't read the blueprints. Just my luck. Do I need to give a live demonstration?! Their reassurance was comforting though, it was good to hear they didn't believe his work being completely useless. Hehe... Now he didn't know what or who these Sword Priests were, they sounded important however so he filed a reminder to check them out in the back of his head.

With his immediate goals satisfied he nodded along to the rest of the Hokage's feedback, listening with half a ear, his thoughts on the refugees and how they were being viewed by the village. While the Hokage didn't indicate anything in his voice that he hated us, it seems that at one point or another he was going to have to decide between the refugees and his village if push came to shove. Hopefully that wouldn't happen anytime soon, as they both knew which way that choice would roll. He agreed that the former Sunagakure residents could try and find work here, maybe even join the shinobi forces, though that was unlikely. The vast majority of ninja were deployed and slaughtered by the as- invaders. Most of the people here were civilians who literally had nothing but the cloaks on their backs and whatever small things they brought with them. If they were to find jobs, well, Kisei couldn't imagine them exactly fitting in. He was sure that the Konohagakure had its fair share of problems and the presence of half of another village probably wouldn't make it easy of either side. Hence it was up to people like Kisei to try and mediate, intermingle with both groups. At least he could help support both sides.

Kisei perked up at the mention of questions. Rolling over a few ideas over his head he quickly decided on a few. "Well, I could ask you about the history of the village, but I could find that at any library. I'm more curious as to why you would decide to help an impoverished foreign nation, with little obvious..." He paused, trying to find the right word. "Benefit." Kisei finished.

His expression was neutral, tilted with the Hokage in the middle of his good eye. The teen wanted to know whether or not he could trust the Hokage to take care of his people. Don't get him wrong, he was incredibly thankful for all the help that he’s given so far, but were they going to get the rug pulled out under them? Would he turn on us? He wasn't a good judge of character, maybe, but he trusted himself to know a liar at least.

"Morality? The chance to integrate more people into your forces? Both are good answers. Pardon me if I’m out of line, but a man who holds the fate of a nation of his own, isn't always concerned with something so flimsy as 'rightness’. The second is much more sensible, however if you had even a vague idea of the powers that ripped apart that village, you know that these are mostly civilians who for the most part, can't help you…”

With a soft smirk and bright eyes he shrugged. "Just a question, if you feel like it. I have more comfortable topics if you'd rather not answer."

6A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Empty Re: A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:45 pm

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Rippa would glance down at his own notes for the day before the young man would speak up once more. Sky blue eyes would shift to watch him quietly. Keeping to himself for the moment as the boy spoke. He wasn't a fool and for that much he was going to look a gift horse in the mouth and check for reasons as to why. What benefit did Konoha gain from helping out Suna which had separated itself for generations? A land of few resources that usually had to rely on their shinobi forces and had gradually degraded to the point of corruption that Mitsuo felt he had to destroy. A place of destitution and retribution staining its sand swept lands. Rippa wasn't from there so it wasn't a connection he had to them. Nor had he trained there at all. In fact he had never been. Of course he highly doubted this boy new this much. Instead Rippa would smile as if amused. His blue eyes watching as Kisei continued until there was a moment of silence. At which point Rippa would speak but a few words. His tone quiet but not dangerous. If anything he seemed to think the question amusing.

"Interested in Politics are we?"

Rippa would rise from his seat and move to a wall with a series of cabinets on it. His hands reaching out to run along the metal surface in long strokes to search for a specific cabinet. Having found it he would click his tongue as if satisfied with it. "ahh here we are." With that he would tap the cabinet and a ping of red chakra would echo out softly. The cabinet opening to his chakra as he would peek within before shifting through some folders. Finding what he was looking for he would pull two sizable documents from the cabinet. One marked with the symbol for Iwa and one with the symbol for Kiri. Taking them both he would slide the cabinet closed and walk back over to the desk before setting them down. Each facing the young man so he could read the covers. Each marked 'trade agreement and treaty' beneath the symbol for each hidden village. He would let the image sink in as he settled into his seat and got comfortable. Leaning forward as he did before running his fingers along the symbol of each treaty as he spoke. Eyeing the two himself.

"You see, Morality should always be considered. It is up to us to strive to help where we can when we can. Konoha has an abundance of land and resources. Even those with no trade skills can learn one. Education never ends. With that said there are more subtle gains to be had. Greater than increasing our own shinobi forces. Konoha has treaties with Kiri and Iwa. If either are in danger we would help and in the same aspect if we were endangered we would expect the same courtesy. However one rarely knows. What Konoha gains by taking in so many of you, is simply a show of what we are capable of. Of our humanity, our respect for others and our willingness to act. If we would just strive to be what we know we can be for you, what would be willing to put aside for our allies? It may seem a simple and yet our allies faith in us might determine what they are willing to do in return. That aside, help a dying nation to survive, gain an ally when it does? Does any of this make sense to you?"

7A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Empty Re: A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Thu May 03, 2018 10:38 pm

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
“Only when it concerns our future sir.” Kisei quickly replied. Still nervous he was, though thankfully the Hokage didn’t seem to be offended by his bluntness. With a smooth movement to them they stood out of their seat and moved to a line of cabinets, scanning each until he found the one he had in mind. Satisfied when they located what they were looking for. Now with two large documents in hand, they set both on top of the desk. Kisei’s eyes widened minutely at the sight of both of them when he realized what they were. “T-This...” These were, or at least copies, of the Treaties between the Villages of Stone, Leaf, and Mist. He had seen them before while doing some reading on the current era. While he didn’t quite know the history behind each piece that missing piece of knowledge hadn’t diminished the impact of both.

The Hokage launched into a full bodied explanation of his reasons for taking them in. In the back of his mind he noted that he didn’t expand much beyond the reasons Kisei had put up, but he couldn’t bring himself to question. They had considered both sides of the situation both on a practical as well as a moral stand and still decided to take us in. This one already had his respect. Sure they had their own purposes that weren’t directly out of kindness, but that was expected for something of such a massive scale, but it was the fact they had that light of light watching over their actions that caused him to tear up.

He looked down to hide his crying shame. Images flashed back to rotting slums and starved children. Another strong figure in front of him, though they were different. Their robes were slightly more worn, dusted with sand and minute tears in the otherwise fine cloth. They held themselves in much the same manner. In his mind Kisei stood next to her, listening on their thoughts of the state of things.

I’m afraid I don’t know as much about you as perhaps others of the village. I’d like to ask you personal questions, but… Well, first, I would like to be rather selfish, and ask for assistance. I’m sure you already know, but, before you lies the slums. This is often referred to as the worst of the worst Sunagakure has to offer. A place where all the bad we have, all the bad we are, consolidates itself and festers. One day, I hope to change that, and make it so the inherent dangers of visiting this area are a thing of the past. Tell me. When you look upon this part of the village, what do you think? What do you see?"

I see hope.

Midori… There couldn’t be a better person to watch over your people. Our home is gone, but at the same time it really isn’t, is it? The walls had been scorched and the cornerstones broken back down to its individual grains and its people scattered around the world. But they were still here, they would live, thanks to the efforts of the other hidden villages. Kisei clenched his hands. Trying to keep the tears from falling and the beat of his heart silent. He sniffled pathetically. Then, remembering himself, straightened up, wiping the stray tears with the back of his thumb. The Ushinatta sent the Hokage a smirk like nothing had happened.

“I can understand a give and take, a fair deal, if you ask me.” His smirk widened. “If you could afford it, why not gain allies where you can? Things change over time and the former Sunagakure civilians won't always be helpless, glad you see that. For now though, you can count on me to help around Mister.” He beamed cheerily.

“Well, while I’m still here, is there anything you want to know? About… me, particularly?”

665/2100

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Rippa would monitor the young mans reaction as he contemplated his own choices in the matter. Suna had never really been good with reaching out for allies. Having little to offer and wishing for a great deal in return. Their actions since before the first shinobi war had been questionable at best. Centuries of standoffish behavior had left anyone dealing with them filled with a sense of unease. Of course he had his own doubts as well. However the last summit had dealt with the man that had been responsible for the burning itself. If there were others involved Rippa still wasn't positive. He was sure Kumo was keeping certain facts from him in return for their own benefit of holding it over him in the future. However despite the man responsible having left Konoha behind for the most part for half a decade he had still originated from the land of fire. Having been a Hokage before. Perhaps this was penance for their involvement however loosely it was. Rippa not truly knowing that Konoha was partially responsible for the majority of it in truth. If that information got out, the refugee's could easily form into terrorist cells. Striking back in misguided quests for personal vengeance. The Sarutobi clan likely taking the brunt of it.

Still he would settle back into his chair and run a hand through his white hair to brush it into a slicked back look. Somehow it seemed to obey him as if simply by willpower. Very unlike normal hair behavior. Still his blue eyes would take in the young man across from him as he considered the childs next words. First it was to acknowledge his own views politically. Allies where he could...well that was only true if those allies proved to be honest allies when they were called upon for help. Kisei seemed genuine enough but Suna had known corruption for a great deal of time. Perhaps though there was a shining light of hope with the head of that corruption taken down. It would attempt to take root when they chose to rebuild but for now it would be a mission of Rippa's responsibility to seek out any sources in his country. To wipe them out to prevent any of the corruption from tainting Konoha. However there was a way to do that. He controlled his expression to appear as if he was considering the question of what Kisei could do for now and what questions Rippa might have for him. It was a moment before Rippa would speak again. His voice calm as he watched Kisei's eyes. Looking for a reaction.

"Indeed there are a few things I would like to know. Seeing as you are in a position to have such knowledge I will rely on you heavily to be my connection to the Suna people. They will doubt our intentions and may resist cooperating. A clogged cog in the machine stops a great deal of production and causes strain. So I would ask two things of you. First is, I want you to watch and mediate as much as you can. Seek out leaders in your community to settle disputes internally. The more of their own that your citizens witness keeping everything under control the more comfortable they will remain. The second, I would like you to speak with me again should you find a true leader that wishes to rebuild Suna. When that time comes you will be given a choice. Remain with Konoha as you like, or return to rebuild your home. If you choose either we will support the decision. Perhaps even an ambassador for Suna to Konoha?"

9A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Empty Re: A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Sat May 12, 2018 10:10 am

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
Kisei nodded along to the Kage’s request, eyes glowing. The idea of being a communicator for the kage between him and his people, as well as seeing him later.., was an irresistible one. Helping his fellow villagers get used to life here, it was a sweet thought. Though they had to be pulling his leg, he was still just a genin. Tilting down he tried to think of the reasons they might need someone to communicate with the Sunagakure civilians on a personal level. Like they said, they are still distrusting of the Konohagakure, as he himself was. It would be better to give them a degree of control to organize themselves and streamline the process of acclimation. Although he felt that their could be more to that request Kisei couldn't find any alternate answer. Other than the possibility of lack of other people volunteering. As for the rebuilding of the Sunagakure…

Well…

He was grateful for their understanding. He wouldn't mind being an ambassador in that sense, he thinks, but Kisei couldn't really picturing himself like that. Hm, might be worth investing some time reading on what ambassadors actually were. Though he felt that it wouldn't really suit him anyways, sounded a bit boring.

“Perhaps.” He offered.

Biting the inside of his lips, a question forming on the back of tongue. Tugging back and forth whether or not to ask before deciding to just dive in. “If you don't mind me asking, what exactly [i]is[i/] an ambassador? I mean, I kinda understand what they are, but what are they supposed to do? We didn't have really fancy words when I was from.” He admitted, feeling like an idiot. Temporal displacement was a tricky thing. What seemed like a simple concept was an entirely new one to someone else. Especially in the kind of environments the two of these were. The idea that five, now four, massive military powers communicating regularly between each other seemed ridiculous. Even when they had fought in bloody wars before, how could they trust each other to not attack each other? What inspired peace and war at the same time?

Well, another question for another time. He should focus on the what the Kage's expectations first.

10A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Empty Re: A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Sun May 20, 2018 1:13 am

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
What was an ambassador? An interesting question and one that was not easily answered. Rippa would glance to the boys eyes and study them. His thoughts clouding his mind before he would nod a little. As if confirming an inner contemplation. Rippa would rise from his seat and collect the two documents. Moving back over to the cabinet and slipping the documents back into their place. Lightly layered in dust. They were aged but they were still in use. He would slide the cabinet drawer closed. He still seemed to be mulling something over. After all what he was about to say could cost him his closest connection to the people of Suna. He could manipulate this boy into doing his bidding. Manipulate the people of Suna desperate for any helping hand regardless of whatever the other hand held. However that simply wasn't his way. His ideals wouldn't allow him to just use people. Others called him naive. Saying he hadn't seen enough of the world to have the right views. However he had been in places where the light couldn't find you. Even as a child he had worked while others played. Laid awake at night wondering who wished him to be dead and gone. He knew enough of the world and still held hope.

Still he would look over his shoulder towards Kisei and tilt his head. Speaking in a calm but serious tone. "Come. Walk with me. I wish to show you something." It was a request but not one to be ignored. Rippa would stride to the door and hold it open. Allowing Kisei to step through first. He would step through next and close the door behind him. He had left his weapons within but didn't seem to mind. He would be returning to the office soon enough and was highly capable even without them. Still Rippa would lead the way back down the corridor to the elevator. He would step inside and make room for Kisei before pressing the button for the roof. The doors would slide closed and for a moment he would stand quietly as the elevator carried them upwards. Finally it would open and allow them to step out. Two jounin were standing guard but simply nodded to him as he passed before returning to their own conversation. Something about the chances of attackers actually flying in. Rippa held little interest in it. Though it was mentioned the Hokage flew in and out of the building all the time.

Still Rippa would walk to the edge of the railing and place his hands on it. Leaning onto his hands as he looked out over the majority of Konoha and the Hokage mountain. His face wouldn't be on it without some serious changes and him becoming some sort of hero. Still it was a reminder of their hero's. Another time hundreds of years ago. However it was there that Rippa would finally speak. His voice low as he thought this a reverent moment. A chance to listen to him as the light hit the village just right.

"What is an ambassador? What is it to be an ambassador? Each has their own views on it. The simple answer is that you negotiate on behalf of your village. However it is so much more than that. It is a heavy responsibility I ask of you. I could understand if you are not ready for it. You see this village before you? All the people in it? Your choices could decide their fate. You could improve their lives or destroy them with some simple words. The world is a fickle place and those under you, those you negotiate with would look to you during the trials it offers. Young man, all the lives around you would be within your hands. As this village is in mine."

11A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Empty Re: A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Fri May 25, 2018 10:25 am

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
Kisei debated whether or not to retract his question while the Kage thought out a response. He shouldn't have to ask such an important figure to give him a vocabulary lesson-! And what was he doing now? Collecting both documents he Rose from his seat, setting them nearly away back in their filing, moving towards one of the doors. He looked towards the Kage expectantly, nervously smiling. He called for Kisei to follow, having no excuse to say no the teen reached for his umbrella and walked past his host and into the enclosed space, the Kage following behind him. “Strange place for an elevator.” Kisei noted quietly as they ascended, allowing the Hokage to lead them both out when the elevator stopped.

As soon as he had a few steps of space away from the guards Kisei swept open his umbrella, granting a smidge of shade for him. A few steps behind the contemplative Kage he followed his line of sight towards down to the village. Their gaze looking forward but not quite focusing on it as he spoke. Their description of what it meant to be an ambassador. To speak on behalf of your people, to protect them with words… Kisei wasn’t sure he could bring himself to believe it. Years of war and brutality where words solved nothing, such a position seemed optimistically hopeless, fruitless. Then the most recent event with the Sunagakure.. Though, those two treaties he showed before, wasn’t it possible? Was there any worth in a position like that one? He contemplated the Hokage’s words for a moment.

“You know, to come and tell me, after what happened in the Sunagakure, that an ambassador could save an entire nation… It really doesn’t set a good precedent for that type of job. Though, I can’t really judge though, I myself wasn’t even here until a year ago.” He shrugged dismissively. “I’m sure many things have happened that led to, that. Though….” Kisei paused, thoughtfully. Perhaps… “Its a tempting position, and I can see the appeal of it. To be able to protect those around with with your words.” The Ushinatta smiled weakly. “With things as they are now, don’t you figure we need more ambassadors than warriors?” Kisei chuckled. “So yes, I think I will take you on your offer. Though with a few requests of course, if you will.” He followed quickly. Kisei would take on the Hokage’s request regardless but why miss any opportunities? If he got shot down he’d nod understandingly, but if allowed Kisei would go on and list his ‘demands’.

“First, I’m going to be needing some training from time to time, I’m lagging behind pretty badly. So if you got any recommendations?” Kisei smiled blushily before a thought came to his head. Much more soberly he thought about the his brother in back in the fallen sand village. Looking for flan opportunity to kill the Snake woman from the exams, should he encounter him on her return. Hiding the sorrow at his brother's rage with a smile Kisei politely moved with his next demands.

“Second, should you encounter another one of my people, my clan I mean, I ask that you detain them if possible and locate me. We are generally not a very stable people and I worry for all of are sakes.” He nodded sadly. “Both a pretty big demands but I ask for just one more, this is something that has has been eating at me for a while but I have to know. If nothing else, at least grant us this. Tell me what you know about the three ninja who destroyed the Sunagakure. My brother has already located one supposed perpetrator by the name of Syekren Uchiha, and the second has revealed herself during a exhibition match. So, do you know who the last one is?” Kisei looked from under his umbrella. Violet eyes barely visible, their light poking through the shade of the metallic fins. “Please.”

12A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Empty Re: A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Sun May 27, 2018 11:14 pm

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Rippa would glance to the young man as he stood next to him. Shorter as would be expected as his age but still a soldier. He always had problems with children being made to fight their battles. Still It wasn't something he was capable of putting an end to. No point in fighting a battle you were already bound to lose. His time as commander of one of the divisions had taught him that. Still he had to credit the young man for having some direction as to where he intended to end up. Moving to Konoha was a strong and yet obvious move. He could grow and set roots there. Still blue eyes would study him. He wanted something from life. Ambition had been something Rippa had become familiar with. It could bend people and mold them. If there wasn't patience and understanding placed into the mold as it was built it would break. Transforming a design of beauty into something twisted and cruel. Power came to those with the ambition to grasp it. But it corrupted as well. The kid seemed innocent now but it wasn't designed to last. He could only hope he found his reason to seek justice before he found his reason to end lives.

The boy would speak and Rippa would turn. Crossing his arms across his chest as he glanced at the young man. He held the fall of Suna as an example of why words didn't seem like something that would usually work. It was an example of failed diplomacy. Rippa would frown as he let his head fall back and sighed. He would stare up at the blue sky as the dotted clouds would slowly drift along. The devil called so many home that day. He hadn't stepped in to help but then again Suna hadn't any allies at the time. It had chosen to separate itself. Choosing to sustain itself through inner turmoil rather than owe trade to any other country. He could see how that thought process came about though. Perhaps the other nations had been partially responsible. They could have stepped in a long time ago. Helped support the nation several generations back. Hundreds of years the village of Suna had suffered on without help. Still he would speak quietly. Perhaps he was shifting blame. Perhaps he just couldn't accept their own part in it. However his words would still ring true.

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely. There must be those who can see the corruption and heal it with more than blood. However they must also be ready to spill blood. Suna had fallen to corruption to such a point that some felt in necessary to eradicate it. You could build it again. However the goal should be to learn from our mistakes. Be better than our past."

He would listen as the boy spoke again. Glancing at him with an amused smile for the first two. He certainly was already interested in negotiating. He was going to be on the quick track as an ambassador. Give nothing for free. The first two conditions seemed to benefit the two of them though. If Kisei trained to grow stronger he would be able to protect himself, his people and their ideals. As for having an unstable clan, Rippa was familiar with the concept. For Kisei to offer to deal with it should they appear was all the better. The third though was complicated. It made Rippa frown again as he glanced down to the eyes staring up at him. So now he knew the names of the three ring leaders involved. Two from Konoha and one from Suna. Likely influenced by the other two. As far as he knew two still roamed free. He would pause before reaching out to push the umbrella back. Looking Kisei fully in the eyes. Making sure he would see the seriousness in Rippa's expression.

"You should consider calling your brother here and away from danger. Losing family is something we can never recover from. He may be strong in your eyes but no one alone can be prepared for what awaits him on that particular path. You may seek whoever you like for training as you see fit, though I can't speak for who will train you. That will be up to you to find a mentor. There is one man I will write to though. To consider recruiting you for his own....organization. As for your clan members, of course. We would be happy to keep you notified. Complications within a clan are not foreign to us. As for your last request...I can't believe you would let it go lightly. Young people are so brash these days. Instead, Come back to me when you reach special Jounin. When you have that kind of strength you will begin to understand the powers around you. I will show you my own power then. Know that the third individual you seek is stronger than myself. I will spar with you then and reveal the name. If you still wish to follow that path your brother is on after our fight knowing he is my better. I will not stop you."

13A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Empty Re: A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Mon May 28, 2018 11:54 am

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
Kisei flinched at the sudden advance of the Hokage, he would’ve flushed red at the motion if he hadn't fallen sorry deep into this mood. He listened quietly to the Hokage's words, focused their reaction and serious tone. Kisei was a bit offended at their suggestion that Alpha might not be prepared for the situation. My brother is not new to war he wanted to say, but subconsciously he knew that they were right. Alpha could be incredibly unforgiving and that was no condition to go in and try assassinating a power house like that… Both of them saw that exhibition match. He could remember how Alpha gripped his blade and tried to run to the battlefield. Kisei managed to convince him to stay his blade then, but with him all alone in the ruins what was stopping him now? Alpha was strong, anyone who met him would say as much. But he was no ninja, he hadn't trained his entire life for missions like this one. Against those three, those three that tore apart an entire nation of powerful individuals in hours…. Kisei didn't want to admit it, but deep down, on some level, he knew that Alpha might be in over his head. He recalled the massive towering size of that snake. Against a monster like her, did his brother really have a good chance of defeating her while making it out alive? Kisei didn't want to think about the possibility of his brother's death, so instead he ignored the dreadful idea and refocused his attention on the man in front of him.

Rippa was accepting of Kisei's first two terms. But he seemed very against the last request. Why? Just who was this person, that Kisei couldn't even know their name? Who, according to the Hokage himself, was stronger than he was. Kisei wanted to press for more information to get these answers that he had been looking for ever since he had encountered Syekren in the Hidden Cloud village. But he didn't. Behind the Hokage he could spot the small neighborhood the refugees has constructed for themselves, and suddenly he couldn't bring himself to care about that anymore. His mind was flooded with the faces of the many people he had met over the last few days. Regular people trying their hardest to get by, to make life better for themselves. He turned back to the man watching him intently. It's because of him that we’re here. I'm able to live here, in this beautiful place, train to protect my people, because this man had a conscious, and decided that they were worth it. Kisei couldn’t process the tears that fell down his face. The teen was so conflicted. He wanted to know, wanted to protect, but he had to become stronger before he could do either of those things.

For now all he could feel was gratitude. Thankfulness that he was getting a third chance at life. Biting his lips he tried to get his stuttering breathe under control. Trying to convey these emotions to the one in front of him with wide, teary eyes.

“T-Thank you-u. I p-promise-” he coughed, heaving a slow breath, steadily his voice. “I promise. I won't let you down.” Dropping the umbrella behind him he surged forward to envelope the Hokage in a hug. For a moment he forgot his place as a ninja and he was simply ‘Kisei’. A refugee boy from another world, just trying to survive and find meaning in life. He was an emotional wreck half the time but loss after loss he was granted another chance. He was determined to not screw this up.

“Thank you, for everything.”

Slowly letting go of the older ninja he bowed respectfully. Kisei will become stronger, he promised, and no matter what he would follow through on it. For the sake of all those who are gone and for all those who remain, he will become their protector, their ambassador. Shielding both heart and body with all that he is.

“Heh. I hope you’ll be unprepared when we meet in battle, it’ll make it that much easier to defeat you.” Kisei grinned cheekily. Despite knowing nothing but defeat and disappointment since he had arrived in this violent world he was getting confident that he could change this world. 'This is my first step to success, and to getting answers’

14A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Empty Re: A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:24 am

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Rippa would be caught rather off guard by the sudden child like reaction of the young man. Forgetting for but a moment just how young his new found charge was. Truthfully a child in so many ways. forced from his home to face the unknown and hardship he was not meant to face at such an early time in his life. Pity was one word for what Rippa felt in that moment. As the Hokage he would do anything to keep this destiny from befalling his people. There was no force in the world he would not stand against for them. No power or influence that would keep him from preventing exactly what had befallen so many from Suna. This was their home and he would die before he saw it burn; He was sure though that there were many that would try. Angry loyalists to Suna blaming others for their downfall. Suna individuals would be given free reign over where they roamed but they would be watched. New faces with no real loyalty to his village. Still he could not help but feel hope for them. The boy before him held a sort of innocent grace. One he would appreciate.

Still Rippa would slowly wrap his arms around the sobbing boy. Not judging him but truly understanding his pain. He had once lost a great deal before as well. Many had tried to kill him and he had even a name for the man who had taken his father from him. Was taunted by him even in person. Still he had restrained himself from a fight he could not win. Feeling helpless in that moment. That had to be how this boy felt now. Still his strong arms would give the boy a squeeze. Letting him know he had a protector now. Somehow he could feel safe again. Enough to sleep in a new bed. In a new home. Rippa would let some chakra flow into his hands. The medical kind. A green aura flowing into the boy. He wasn't injured and yet he might feel better. Every knotted or tired muscle relaxed all at once. As if he had a perfect nights rest. No doubt his body had suffered after such a strenuous journey. With his emotions in limbo this would only mean to soothe him a little. Still Rippa would stop the chakra flow before they parted. Hiding what he had done. It was just a very relaxing hug.

With the fact that med nin gave the best hugs aside. He would smile as the boy jested in good humor. Something about catching the Hokage off guard. It was amusing at least. His grin was filled with a great deal of cheekiness to it and Rippa smiled back in return. Speaking as he did so. His warm smile matching the warmth in his sky blue eyes. "Well then it will be good practice for me to remain on guard I would think. Especially given my office. Now, be off with you. No doubt you will want to be in a bed tonight. The caretaker at the sword priests compound will only wait up so long before he will be off to supper. If your going to show him your trade craft you should be on your way no?"

15A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Empty Re: A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
Kisei chuckled lightly at the Hokage's words. This visit had been such and interesting one that time had just slipped from his mind. “Right.” He smiled. He bent down to retrieve his fallen umbrella. As he looked back up to part with the Hokage he was reminded of their warm expression as they held him. Kisei couldn't help but blush at the his fondness of the memory. The imprint of strong arms holding him and he nearly melted. He wiped a few stray tears with his free hand, smiling. The grin was small, hardly noticeable, but there none the less. He couldn't help but look forward to his new life here.

“Until we meet again, my Hokage.” With a swift flourish of the umbrella he bowed to his host before moving towards the elevator. He looked at the guards momentarily before one of moved to open it up, the other moving inside. Kisei blinked curiously before shrugging. As Kisei stepped into the tiny space the guard closed the door behind him and pressed one of the buttons. The atmosphere during their descent was rather stale so Kisei would try and break the silence. “So…. Is the Hokage single?” He beamed.

This ride couldn't end quick enough.

“So, who's the new guy?” Shoto teased. I gave him a blank face and half hearted death threats. “Alright alright.” The Sumiko chuckled unfazed by the thought of death by umbrella. “Did your chat with the Hokage go well.” They asked, a little more sympathetic this time.

Kisei thought back through all his dialogue with the elite ninja trying to remember as much of the more technical parts of their discussion. "Well, they have no problems with us taking up missions or making a weapons shop, though they suggested talking with the Sword Saints' weaponsmiths to see if they could supply me materials for my own weapons, I'm at least hoping that they can suggest some supply contacts for us. In fact I talked with one of them before coming back but they asked for some time to think about it." He explained. Shoto nodded contemplatively. Their chipper tone simmering and lips tugging a slight frown. “What's up?”

Shoto paused, their gaze shifting to the sole candle light illuminating their shack of a room. Focused. Then they spoke. “The Sword Saints you said. I just don't a good feeling about them.” The Sumiko shrugged loosely and looked back towards Kisei, a equally half hearted smile on his lips. Kisei quirked his mouth at the older ninja. Generally they had pretty good intuition but he didn't see anything wrong when them when he visited.

“Just a feeling, don't take it too seriously.” Shoto chuckled, a false smiley expression still plastered on his face. Kisei knew he wasn't going to get anything out of him at that specific angle so he thought to switch topics instead. However he was beat to it by Shoto. “You know even after Alpha sent me here to look after you I haven't learned much about the two of you. Though, there are a were a few rumors floating around the workplace when I was still a ninja.” they paused, analyzing the Ushinatta for any insight, but moving on when Kisei refused to speak. “You guys… Are totally space werewolves aren't you!?” Kisei's eye snapped towards his guardian, head tilted, because that was definitely not what he was expecting. But nonetheless it was certainly better than explaining that he was basically a refugee from an otherworldly genocide, so he'd play along.

Kisei blushed red and waved his hands voraciously “W-what?! What gave you that impression?!” He stuttered along. (His practice at faking innocence against Alpha was starting to pay off.) Kisei pressed both hands to his cheeks and fumed, feigning embarrassment. “Ha! I knew it. You know I thought it was strange that I never saw Alpha during full and new moons, but you just confirmed it! And it explains why you got all that fancy tech everywhere. Because you evolved a little you guys made machines as overcompensation!”

“Overcompensation for what?!” I yelled worriedly

“Your shrinking knot sizes!” Shoto shouted back

“How does that make any sense!?”

“THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE HERE TRYING TO GET SOME GOD DAMN REST YOU IDIOTS! PIPE DOWN!” A voice shrieked from outside our door. Both of us went dead silent, only daring to talk when the the sound of footsteps retreated from our door. Shoto leaned in closely, eyes intently starting into my own eyes. “So if Alpha is a werewolf and he's you're brother…..?” The last part of his sentence unsaid, the question obvious.

“No, I'm not a extraterrestrial werewolf. Though I can't say the same for Alpha. Also can you back up? I can smell the cigarettes on you.” Kisei scrunched his nose at the scent. The Sumiko merely laughed before moving back to his spot on the bed. “It ain't cigarettes, just my Kekkei Genkai. It scorches things pretty easily.” he smiled, proud of his pun. Just to emphasize his point he conjured and rolled a sphere of flames across his hands.

“Right, and my Kekkei Genkai is an umbrella.” Kisei stated dully while hanging up his umbrella and day clothes, stripping and changing into his pajamas. “Nothing really special when you compare it radiation.” This time it was Shoto’s turn to look shocked, the Ushinatta supposed that the Sumiko in general weren't used to people correctly guessing the true nature of their Kekkei Genkai. “Um, Alpha told me.” Kisei defended. Shoto rolled his eyes like he expected that of his brother.

“Figures, he always was a smart cookie. Did he ever tell you…”

The rest of the night was filled with Shoto telling Kisei tales of his Space Werewolf brother in action. Whether it was fetching the Med Corps coffee or slicing off a few heads on missions Shoto was excited to tell it all. The way they spoke, one could almost mistake it for admiration. Strange, how people could fall for the silliest things. This guy however, didn't have anything in particular, no common thread through the stories that connected them. This wasn't love, just simply and pure admiration. It was rather heart warming actually to see such a fan of his brother. Hopefully Kisei could inspire the same feelings in other in the future. After all, people were expecting great out of him as well. From this point onward he was an ambassador of Konoha for the Suna refugees, charged with caring and watching over them. A heavy responsibility but, he was prepared.

[Exit]
5030/5000
  ~Social complete
Training Art of Dissolution: Mockery (-3000)
Training Speed from D to D-3 (-1700)
Training Perception to D-1 (-325)

Discarding five words.

16A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Empty Re: A Spot of Tea, Sandy Leaves [Rippa/NK] Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:02 pm

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Exit thread

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.