You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Walk in the Rain [Private, NK - Yuji] Empty A Walk in the Rain [Private, NK - Yuji] Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:39 pm

Meiyo

Meiyo

D-rank
The skies of the village, once bright and blue, had suddenly darkened and become quite gray as heavy clouds rolled in from the East. Claps of thunder sent birds and skittish villagers into hiding just before rainfall sent the rest to scurry for shelter. Strong, cold winds swept through the streets. The gusts shook the trees and stole new leaves from their branches in its powerful wake. What once was a busy Market street now was cleared and quite muddy. This was one of the newer streets still being finished, though it hadn’t taken long for merchants to fill its buildings and put up their stands. So the road hadn’t been paved with nice stone like the rest. Meiyo, a young, rainbow haired genin didn’t mind the mud, wind nor the rain. In fact it was almost refreshing with the rain pouring down. She loved the way the cool water washed away the smells of the village and almost renewed it. Rainbows often followed - a favorite of the rainbow haired girl. Flowers too always bloomed well after a harsh weather.

She twirled the yellow umbrella in her hand whilst walking along the road, watching as villagers scurried left and right to travel under the poorly spaced awnings. A few had been wise to bring their own umbrellas, others used newspapers and many more just seemed to hang out against the buildings awaiting the rain fall to end. She couldn’t help but laugh as full grown adults let themselves be chased away by a little water and breeze. She was glad she had been prepared, bringing along an umbrella and dressing in a long sleeved, plum, wool sweater dress. The summer had been warm, but this rain was bound to bring a nip to the air for the space of a couple days.

All this day she had been running about the training grounds and had thought to go buy herself some fruit from a new fruit seller at the end of this block. After a couple thousand reps of various exercises, she thought she had earned an apple or peach. Come to think of it, she thought to herself, I may have missed breakfast and lunch. Her stomach grumbled in complaint. A light blush warmed her cool skin. Whoops, ah well. She looked about and then up at the sky. A flash of lightning lit it up into a grand ceiling of blue and white light. It was captivating. From an artist’s point of view, her breath had always been stolen away by what nature provided. Watching the light and hearing the thunder roll through the ever-moving clouds, she hoped one day she could capture its movement and beauty in her art.

So captivated by the sky, she hardly allowed herself to keep an eye on what was right in front of her. Quite suddenly she found herself having to slide to the left through the mud, twist on the ball of her black sandals and teeter to find her balance again. “Oh, excuse me!” she gasped. “I wasn’t watching, are you alright?” Her brows furrowed into a look of concern as her golden eyes searched to be sure she hadn't accidentally bumped and bruised the stranger. A hard gust brushed through the street. She clung to her umbrella tightly and held the front of her dress down. She had modestly wrapped black wraps but as the hem came only to her knees she didn’t want to embarrass the elderly along the streets. She offered out the umbrella to shield them both from the rain once the quick gust passed. “I’m Ren, Meiyo, what’s your name?” she hummed cheerfully, smiling kindly. With rain still falling on her heads she looked up confused. “Oh, whoops!” she laughed at her self. The umbrella had folded the opposite direction. Carefully she pulled it to the side, straightened it out with a good pull, and brought it back over their heads. “There, that’s better!” she hummed.

WC 674

Yūji

Yūji

D-rank
The beautiful skies, the cool breeze, leaves falling in the distance. It was a proper way to spend some time reading a book. Yūji, a young, black-haired man, wouldn't have minded doing if all that disappeared right before his crimson red eyes. The clouds gradient from their crystal white to a more darker shade of gray. Crack! Clap! Thunder as loud as large horn, surrounded the area as rain poured itself down into the village. He was disappointed with the sight of the storm ruining his chance giving his new book a read. The rain dripped across his face, as he looked up in the sky. He decided it was best to hurry up and get going before he caught a cold. He pulled his cloak over his head to shield himself from most of the rain. Maybe I should pick up some onigiri as a snack and some groceries to cook at home. he'd think to himself, giving a slight nod. "Alright." he'd say, determined to make a quick detour before heading back to his previous route.

He quickly walked as fast as he could to avoid getting any wetter than he already was. He looked all around to find the shop he looking for, but he couldn't see through all the rain, let alone him being wet all caused his cloak to drape over his arm. Making it difficult to block out the rain and see where he was going. He stopped in his tracks, just to make sure his book wasn't damaged. He peered over to look at his left leg, where a pocket holder that was tied around it could be seen. He took the time to unlatch the buckle and pull the book out, slowly directing it under the cloak to avoid it getting wet. The book looked damp and the ink inside was mixing itself within the fine paper. He'd sigh at the damages the rain caused towards his book. Giving it a few quick glances. I guess I'll have to buy a new one...

Kind of disappointed, since he never even got to finish the book. He'd slide it back into his pocket without a thought it getting wet again. Yūji continued heading towards his destination. He squinted his eyes, looking at what he thought was a familiar building. He swayed past villagers under umbrellas in an attempt to reach it. Suddenly one of them bumped into him. He'd slid across the mud, trying to keep his footing as much as he could. It seemed to be a little girl, with surprisingly bright hair with an assortment of colors.  "Oh, excuse me!" she'd call out towards him.  "I wasn't watching, are you alright?" she'd ask with an apologetic tone. He'd look up from where he was standing, he'd give a slight nod and bow towards her while looking the girl up and down making sure she was alright.

"I'm Ren, Meiyo, what's your name?" she gave off a little hum as she asked for his name. She seemed quite warm to be around with. "Yūji. Hyūga, Yūji." he'd reply, with a soft calm voice. The girl, Meiyo, was nice enough to shield them both. Although there was a mishap with the umbrella at first she quickly fixed it, so it was once again shielding them from the rain. He'd stand there awkwardly for a while before breaking the silence. "Hello, Ms. Ren. I'm trying to get some groceries to take back home, but it seems I'll have to wait out this rain, which doesn't seem to be letting down anytime soon." he'd mention, wearing the usual blank expression that he's had since their accidental meeting.

WC: 681

Last edited by Yūji on Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Meiyo

Meiyo

D-rank
The young kunoichi sighed a breath of relief. "Well, I'm glad you're okay. Sometimes I'm too clumsy." She giggled warmly. She gazed at him with eyes aglow of her natural friendly aura. He was a different kind of fellow. Dark clothes but crimson eyes against dark hair. Very different. But a good different. Intriguing? she thought curiously. He introduced himself steadily as a Hyūga. Hyūga? But his eyes? Curious and more curious this boy was. Either way, she bowed her head as a casual sign of respect and greeting. Her headband slipping as it had become wet before her umbrella had come to the rescue."Nice to meet you, Yūji." sweetly she spoke. She reached back and tightened the knot from under long hair, tipping her head to the side. Drips of water across her face as her bangs shifted. She straightened back up and waiting for him to continue. She thought maybe he had zoned out or was lost in thought. Tired? Maybe?

For a long moment, there wasn't much but the sound of the ever hailing rain. She watched him and tipped her head a bit, her long hair falling more about her shoulders. He was completely expressionless. It almost threw her. The past couple of weeks she had been running into moonless characters left and right. Where were they all coming from? Were there not enough colors in the world? Well, she'd see about that, and so has this rain. Rainbows after rain, the color after the cloud. Her lips pressed to say something, however, he filled the space pleasantly.  "Ah," she spoke. "Well, if you'd like you're welcome to join me on my walk. I intend to keep to the Market streets. I was off to buy some fruit before this storm. We'll keep dry under my umbrella." She stepped back to his right side with a joyful bounce. He was a rather tall fellow and she had to stretch her arm very high to keep from bopping his head. Her lips twisted to the left in thought, she looked at him and then the umbrella.

"Well, will you hold this?" she laughed. "You're a whole foot taller than me almost!" She'd hand it to him if he took it, if not she'd make due. Stepping forward to his side, she hoped he'd come with her along the street. Walking along the building wall was practically impossible. Both sides were crowded with people. She smiled with her chin up under her brightly colored umbrella and next to her new friend. "So what do you like to do for fun, friend?" She asked as she walked alongside him.

The rain held strong but the freshness of the water was undeniably refreshing. She breathed it in softly, inhaling the coming scent of another day. Her new friend was different, dark and mysterious. He was faceless, maybe a strict character. What was it the girls say? Tall, dark and handsome? Hmm. I'm not one for baseless romances, but he'd be a fun character to paint across the canvas. she thought, imagining to herself different ideas. Dark strokes with the flare of the red in his eyes? It'd be a dark painting, but it could be a new perspective. Usually, she painted brightness, color, and liveliness. Painting him could bring a broader spectrum. She wondered too what he was capable of. The Hyūga Clan was a well known and prominent people. They were highly regarded especially in terms of tracking and offense. She'd always been interested in their styles and often used them as a reference for growing skills. But he didn't have the usual eye set. That made him interesting to her, she wanted to find out more what was behind those crimson eyes and set expression. "Has anyone ever painted your portrait before, Yūji?" she said thoughtfully, looking ahead at the sky and village before them, though she couldn't see much as the rain grew stronger. She slipped her hands into pockets on the front of her dress. There was a small stick of charcoal and paper in her right pocket that was buttoned. She pulled them out into her palm. They were damp, but still stiff and useful having been protected from her wool sweater.

Meiyo held the paper in the palm of one hand and the charcoal stick in her other. She stroked quickly as they walked from his likeness in her peripheral view. She drew his head with deep strokes, leaving his skin the color of the paper and without eyes at first. She drew quickly, she had always been a fast sketcher. She picked up much of the details of his face. But then came to his eyes and wasn't sure. His natural intensity was hard to depict. Her charcoal hesitated. Her lips pursed as she tried to decide what she wanted to do. She kept pace with him but held up the paper in front of her, and then next to his real face. "You're an interesting person, Yūji, you know that?" she hummed. Her expression thoughtful, only to change to beaming with joy. "I think we'll be great friends." the little fairy girl boasted confidently.

WC 890/1564

Yūji

Yūji

D-rank
"Well, I'm glad you're okay. Sometimes I'm too clumsy."

The onyx black-haired man didn't know what she was talking about when she meant 'clumsy'. It was pouring and even for him, he could barely see where he was going. "No need to worry about me. All that matters is that you're alright." he'd try to put on a smile, but that was probably his first time ever smiling genuinely. Which was noticeable at first glance. He'd notice that the young girl was staring at his eyes a few times, which he'd understand why she was. He didn't have milky white-eyes like his cousins and he addressed himself has a Hyūga. He'd have to explain that at a better time. "Nice to meet you, Yūji." the girl said with a sweetness to it. Yūji thought it was best to call her by her first name too. It'd be awkward if he continued to call her 'Mr. Ren.' "Nice to meet you as well, Meiyo." he spoke with a soft tone.

Seeing as the girl cocked her head to the side, which he'd see at the corner of his eye. It was getting quiet excluding the pitter patter of the raindrops that had been falling. He stared at her hair for a while. Why is it so colorful? he'd thought to himself. Is it natural? It bewildered him to see such bright colors on her hair. He's honestly never seen something like it, he didn't mind it much. The girl offered him to walk with her since they basically had the same needs, also offering the umbrella to keep them dry."Thank..you." he'd say almost hesitating at first. Yūji had noticed that she was struggling to keep him dry too. She'd been stretching her arm for quite some time to make sure he wasn't wet. "Well, will you hold this?" she giggled. "You're a whole foot taller than me almost!" And she wasn't kidding either. Yūji was at least eleven inches taller than her. He was basically towering over her. He'd flinch a little realizing the problem. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll hold it for you.". Which he did, but the umbrella was mostly over her since he wanted to at least be considerate. They continued to walk as she asked him a question. "So what do you like to do for fun, friend?" she'd ask him. Friend? I've never had one of those before. He would think up a few words before spoke his mind. "Train and read." he'd blatantly spoke. It was what he'd mostly do when it wasn't raining. Either train in his clan's courtyard or read a book under some tree.

He liked it when he training with his cousins and outmatching most of them or find a nice cool place with shade and crack open a good book. The books he reads are more for adults if anything and he'll probably avoid the topic of 'what's it about'. "No not really. Why would anyone want to draw me?" he'd say replying to her comment about having his portrait taken. Suddenly the girl pulled out some paper and a charcoal stick right out of her wool coat. Surprisingly they weren't damp like his book, but still wet in a sense. She stared at his face a few times and began to draw. She's fast. She must be used to this. She was drawing the outline of his head, leaving the paper the color of his skin. There was something missing and that was his eyes. Why was she hesitating to draw his eyes for? Which he'd wonder as she stopped right at the point to speak. "You're an interesting person, Yūji, you know that?" his eyes opened just most than they do usually. "You really think so? That's a first." he'd reply. Yūji was feeling warm, despite being drenched in rainwater.

"I think we'll be great friends." she'd boasted out confidently. And for the first time, Yūji was smiling and it didn't look like he was trying at all. It quickly faded away when he realized it. "I guess so, Meiyo." he gladly said out loud. After a few minutes of walking, he'd stare at her paper again. Still wondering about the part where his eyes should be. He didn't know why so he asked anyway. "Is there a problem with my eyes that you're hesitating to draw them?" he questioned her. She probably thinks he didn't possess their clan's Byakugan since he didn't have the normal white eyes. If she asked him anything of it, he'd make sure to correct her.

WC: 921/1792

Last edited by Yūji on Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Meiyo

Meiyo

D-rank
Respectful, carries casual manners. But he just is so quiet.she thought to herself. But as a friend to everyone of her village she met, she didn't mind it. In fact she was beginning to think it a challenge, a one sided competition to get to know him. Quiet people were often more observant and reserved however could always offer insight in times of need. She figured if anything he would make fun company. And from a single statement he had. "Train and read?" She spoke with a perk. She double blinked to be sure she hadn't imagined what he spoke. Patting her chest, "Me too! I spend most my life training, in fact I've just come from the training grounds working on some of my defense techniques. And reading is brilliant. I love you've found an interest in expanding the mind. It's quite respectable. What is it you like to read most?" She wondered curiously. She herself wished inside to read more, she mostly used reading as an attachment to her training rather than fun. Painting and art were her only outlets for creativity she allowed time for. It was an awkward balance of becoming stronger to protect those she loved but keep a balance of crafts and expression required for sanity. The little fairy kunoichi didn't mind walking the tight rope with heavy weights though. Often she could look to those in her social circles for support. He though, she was still speculating but seemed overly strict for himself. Earlier he had smiled. It was brief but it was there. As soon as it appeared it had disappeared. How sad. I wonder why he does so? Did something happen? Is he protecting himself? she hoped to find out. He was a character creating more questions than answers.

She glanced at him from the small sketch and smiled. No one had offered to capture his image. This only made her sketch and future portrait more enticing. "Oh good, I'm very curious why you shelter yourself through distancing your emotions? I caught you earlier." She spoke coyly. She pulled the charcoal against the edges of his flat lips she'd drawn to add that of almost a shy smile. She hoped it portrayed a more mysterious curve to his look. Though, holding it from afar she was back and forth on it's necessity. Deciding though that it may depend on how she would construct his eyes. Only, with a change in his tone as he compromised upon her conviction of their new found bond she came to find him fully smiling. She felt surprise pop to her face briefly. She saw what she needed.

"People are more beautiful when they are happy." She looked ahead of herself and found they were nearing the end of the block where the new but we'll reviewed fruit stand could be found. The merchant, an elderly woman, sat under her red awning with her fruit in crates. It was a small stand with very few selection, but every fruit had been particularly picked and cared for. Not a bruise, rot or unripe piece could be found. They were all at their freshest. This was the standard of the merchant -perfection. Though as they approached and she went to turn the paper to her pocket, her friend seemed curious of the absence of his eyes.

"Oh, I forget not everyone sees what I see," she laughed. The young girl ducked under the red awning and picked up two peaches, paid the quiet old soul, and returned to the umbrella. She held out a peach to him, pocketing her own. "Here come close, I've a secret to tell you." Meiyo waved him closer to her level. Her red lips pressed tight as she eyed him with a sense of caution. Though entirely she was being more or less childish. It was the small moments that counted in the shortness of their lives.

Soonest he joined her short level she whispered, "Don't tell, you'll spoil my craft and air of confidence but I have no idea how I wish to paint your eyes." And that was it. Simple, not a secret, and of the shortest end of humor that entertained her in the rare moments she could steal them. "Your eyes are," she leaned away, tapping her lips with the edge of her charcoal deep in thought. Bit of black marked her lower lip. "Well, I've not met many of your clan, but when I envision your clansmen I see the clear eyes, but you stand out. As much as I respect the uniqueness I'm worried I may not do them justice with the final piece. I can't decide the mood or color arrangements." With a deep sigh, she rolled a shoulder and continued. "I think we'll just have to spend more time together till I can decide." A wink cracked her lips to smile, a fondness of her face that's never far away. She thought quite highly of her charisma to exemplify such confidence he would agree.

"What were you in need of today? I've got all I wanted." She asked as the rain begun to finally break. Streaks of light broke through the clouds, tearing the grays away from each other. One bright streak lit over them and set the umbrella aglow. It caught her hair and eyes kindly, adding almost a shimmer. She looked about the street as the market became more and more clear. "And what luck! The rain is letting up. Oh, if you look carefully we might catch the rainbows." She reached up to shake his elbow excitedly. Holding a small hand palm up towards the sky. As if by magic but more from her attentive eye, the clouds broke to reveal a rainbow in all it's bright and colorful glamour.

WC 970/2534

Yūji

Yūji

D-rank
The girl asked Yūji so many questions, despite them only just meeting each other. Apparently, she thought Yūji was interesting which he hasn't ever heard before. He wore all black, excluding his clan logo stitched on the back and on the clip, doesn't have white eyes, but bright red eyes, and doesn't have a set of emotions. What was so interesting about him? He'd wonder this for their whole meeting since she stated so. The colorful girl lifted her head and replied to his comment about his hobbies. "Train and read?" she seemed surprised at the thought of him saying such a direct answer. She then continued to speak about her own hobbies. Seems reading and training was something the both of them had in common. Yūji fancied the thought of that.

She explained how she just came from the training grounds not too long ago from working on techniques. Then she asked him the question that he hoped would've been avoided, but judging from a girl like herself that probably would've backfired on itself. He'd become a little flustered at the question which wasn't a normal thing he'd do. He didn't show much expression towards it, but it was obvious he was embarrassed to talk about the topic for what he reads.  "Uh...light novels..I suppose." he said with a little shakiness in his voice. Sure he read light novels, but they were any normal ones. They were for adults, which he's been waiting since he got older. He looked away and stared straight in front of them without saying much else.

He continued his walk, still holding the umbrella over the girl's head. "Oh good, I'm very curious why you shelter yourself through distancing your emotions? I caught you earlier." she'd just ask straight out. As for Yūji, he kept looking forward. "I don't wish to talk about that, sorry." he spoke with a voice that was aloof. It was a topic he usually steered away from. He couldn't talk about his childhood with someone he'd only just met. They'd have to get to know each other longer if that was the case.

He didn't respond to the comment about people being beautiful when they're happy but instead looked at their elderly lady and her fruit stand. The fruits were treated with the utmost care. Even here while it's raining and all the dark grey clouds. The fruits shined with their complete fresh ripeness.  The girl returned her drawing utensils back to her wool sweater. "Oh, I forget not everyone sees what I see," she'd snicker a bit. She went ahead and stooped under the red awning that was the fruit stand. She chose two plump peaches and handed the tranquil lady the money. She made her way back to the umbrella reaching a hand out towards him with a peach in hand.  "I really shou-" he stopped mid-sentence, taking the peach.  "Thank you.."

Meiyo, on the other hand, slid hers into her pocket and then invited him to reach her level. "Here come close, I've a secret to tell you." she muttered. Yūji wondered what the secret would be about. He lowered his head to find out. Their eye level becoming perfectly aligned. She didn't know how to draw his eyes, but that wasn't the rest of it. "Your eyes are," she'd lean back, Yūji stared at the black smudge right below her lip, then reverting his gaze back towards hers. "Well, I've not met many of your clan, but when I envision your clansmen I see the clear eyes, but you stand out. As much as I respect the uniqueness I'm worried I may not do them justice with the final piece. I can't decide the mood or color arrangements." Is that what she was worried about? My eyes not being like the others? That's expected.. he'd think to himself. She suggested they'd need to hang out longer for her to make a decision. Yūji thought that wasn't necessary. This is what he had expected, it usually happens when he addresses himself as a Hyūga. He was used to it by now. He'd sigh, "Don't worry about such a thing." he stated. "I'm just different, everyone knows this. I do possess the white eyes you're expected to see. Maybe I'll show them to you later." he offered to prove a point.

The two friends turned away from the stand. The sky began to clear up of its acne of clouds. The girl looked up, she smiled as the rainbow emerged and crossed over the sky. Yūji looked up at it but didn't pay much enthusiasm like she did. He lowered his head and thought up a few words. He still needed to pick up a few things. "I need to gather the things for dinner." he mentioned. "I should probably get a new book.." he'd say under his breath. He closed the umbrella since the rain had stopped a while ago and there was no reason for having it up. He'd offer to hold it unless the girl decided to take it back. Though we should find a place to dry up a bit, or do that after I get the stuff I need. he thought to himself.

WC: 1011/2803

Meiyo

Meiyo

D-rank
Different, well yes, everyone is. In their own way. she hummed in her thoughts. She reached up and took the umbrella, holding it up against her shoulder with the point angled up. It was soaked, but as the rest of her was as well, it didn't make much difference. His personality was quite aloof to her. She was very much spirited and he seemed quite resigned. She was very talkative and he didn't seem into such things. She twisted her lips and thought for a moment. He was being respectful but maybe he was more reserved than that she was used to. Would that make me rude in this situation? It was a thought that threw her. Here she thought the key to everyone's heart was spontaneity and happiness and to be colorful all the time. But are there times that it is pleasant to be less? She spent much of her energy trying to please others and be their light hoping that one day being a light herself to others, she could be the light against her own demons. Or maybe to even find another light to help her escape the nightmares that tormented her existence. Always a chance to learn. She thought, glancing at her bracelet.

A warm blush approached her cheeks at the realization as he spoke about his eyes. "I think I've been rude. I'm sorry for that. What I meant was that your eyes, are beautiful, or handsome if you prefer, just the way they are. Though I'm keen to see the difference as your clan is highly respected, I like them just the way they are. And that's what I want to paint, red, not white. Unless of course you aren't inclined as such. Either way red is my preference. I see it as an endearing and defining quality as a first impression, and that also envelops your personality." She spoke softly, her eyes to the side. It wasn't often she had to apologize, hardly ever for her behavior. Often she was complimented for being bright and shiny and loud - 'You bring joy to our village!' she was often spoken as. She didn't, however, want to lose a friendship before one could evolve. It was good to gain a new perspective, this would be a day for lessons. "I've also noticed you're quieter than I am. Sometimes I don't realize I talk too much." She hesitated, her eyes widening. She raised a finger and tilted it. "Like now," she giggled sheepishly. Her bright smile back to its full glory.

"So I'll leave you to your day, and maybe catch up with you some other time! Maybe by our next meeting, I'll have a few portraits painted and you can select which matches your personality best. See you later!" And with that, the little rainbow haired kunoichi turned on her heel back towards the training grounds and left her new friend. With hope to see him again sometime.

-Exit Thread -
WC 508/3042

Last edited by Meiyo on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Due to no response in 12 days, I edited to close this thread.)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.