You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Red Thread of Fate[Nova|Tenno] Empty The Red Thread of Fate[Nova|Tenno] Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:58 pm

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
The evening sun was on the horizon, casting an orange glow through the ever present mist that flowed through the village of Kiri. It lit the cafe that Nova was seated within with a comfortable light illuminated the room with a fiery orange. Long shadows stretched across the table before her from the stacks of books that sat to her right, and the ones that were laying open on the table glowing in the suns dying touch. She propped her elbow up on the table and rested her chin on her hand as she scanned the pages of a large tome laying open in front of her nearly half way through. Between her other fingers she held the next page, flipping it slowly after finishing the last line of text. It was an oaken coffee table that she hunched over this evening, a glass candle holding centerpiece shoved to the side to make way for her personal library as well as her tea and food. Long since cold her lavender tea sat forgotten, with a mostly finished sandwich sitting in crumbles on a plate beside it. In addition to the literature, Nova had brought a number of her own notepads and sketchbooks, each with Nova's own notes and plans for puppets. Without even looking at the titles she knew a few off the top of her head;Making and Manipulating Marionettes, Strings, Hands, and Shadows, Puppets, Methods and Materials. Between them one could find nearly all they needed to know on the topic of puppets, and besides those sat texts on predators in nature as well as weaponry.

As the light fell from the sky and was replaced with a dark and cloud obscured blanket, and the cafe was slowly illuminated with the flickering light of numerous candles placed throughout the large room. It set a calming tone for Nova's afternoon studies. After her victory in the Chuunin Exams with Kurogokegamu and repaired the damage it had taken, Nova had set herself to the task of crafting a new puppet. Though the multitude of books that she had found at the villages relatively well stocked library provided a lot of the information that she did not already know herself, though she missed her time in Suna where if she had a question she could have gone to any number of the crafters in her clan for aid. Almost wishing to herself that she had gotten to know the other puppet user that participated in the exams she sighed, feeling rather alone in this moment. Her table was in a corner by the window, so that her pile of books would not take up room from others, though she was not so far away as to not hear the murmur of conversations as people spoke over their tea and food. At first her choosing here to study was noticed more, the winner of the Chuunin exams deciding to come here, but now she was a common sight every other weekend when she came in from her residence outside the village hidden in mist. On a few occasions she had met other people here, recalling a chance meeting with an unusual pair; a blind girl by the name of Aura and a Hozuki boy by the name of Chigetsu. She had also met the kunochi she was closest to here for tea, Izumi Karisuma who also hailed from Suna and fled upon its destruction as well as her competition in the exams.

Nove would stand from the cushioned couch she sat upon and stretch, turning from side to side as she felt her joints pop from being stationary for too long. She must have been hunched over the table for the better part of the afternoon, slowly flipping each dry page as she devoured the books information. Leaving her pile sitting on the table she walked outside slowly, wanting just to catch a breath of the cool evening air before returning to her intense concentration. It was a chilly night, and Nova tucked the silken dark emerald robe that she wore tighter around her. Beneath the spider speckled outerwear she was dressed simply, a pair of charcoal grey leggings and a black deep v-neck top. Goosebumps would trail up the back of her neck as the ever present cool mist brushed against her cheeks, and she inhaled deeply smelling the damp air and plentiful plant life that seemed to be everywhere in Kiri. It was still an unusual feeling to her, so used to the dry heat that permeated Suna throughout the year. Shivering slightly she wondered if she would ever get used to the different weather, and thought perhaps not though she would try to enjoy it. Exhaling and seeing a faint puff of mist from the cold she smiled slightly and turned to walk back inside to warm comfort that the cafe would offer. Kurogokegamu sat just inside the entrance in a spot that the staff would clear out upon Nova's arrival, and she would smile as she saw the shiny hull of the repaired arachnid. Walking slowly with her faux leg through the building and back to her seat, her mind wandering and debating whether she should order dinner here as well as the lunch from earlier.

[882 Word count]

2The Red Thread of Fate[Nova|Tenno] Empty Re: The Red Thread of Fate[Nova|Tenno] Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:43 am

Tenno

Tenno

D-rank
Skittering and clunking of wood and metal upon the cobblestone gave notice to the appearance of a young man with odd two coloured hair and a pair of puppets at his side. One was a rather large rendition of a massive centipede, the other a short puppet fashioned in the image of a young girl. His hands were out, fingers contorting and moving as they do when a puppet master controls his marionettes.  Eyes, a shade of brown not unlike the dirt beneath the stones rather boredly looked about the village as he walked with his constructed partners. There was much to do in a place so vast, and yet he found himself without a purpose. Since his home had been destroyed, the young man found little interest in much and couldn't bring himself to find the company of others as soothing as it normally would be. Sakyu, his final creation before leaving the ruins of Sunagakure no Sato, was the last friend he had 'made', quite literally. There was just something to say about becoming detached from everything when you lose all you once held dear. He wasn't jaded though, he was eager to find someone he could be close to again, but wasn't eager to make the move or put in the effort to get himself 'out there.'

He was a mess of emotion and contradiction. A storm among the mist.

Still, the young man would step into the market district, stopping at a rather well lit and nicely decorated cafe. The lights of the night shone upon his form, giving view to his loose fitting robes of light brown with easy on the eyes green hues. He had bottoms that matched his robes, with the trim matching his beautiful green and he wore no shoes, preferring at this time to go barefoot and feel the cobblestone beneath his feet. With him, in much the same clothing, Sakyu also wore a loose fitting robe of light brown and beautiful green, as well as bottoms to match. Sakyu obviously went barefoot as well, her being a puppet and all. While he stared quietly at the door, the young man tilted his head to the two puppets of his and took in a deep breath before deciding that being in an area with more people was good for him, he was getting a bit too lonely. With a twitch of his fingers, the giant centipede Omukade skittered to him and climbed his slender frame to wrap its underbelly around his body at multiple places to hold itself up. The legs would hook in such a way that once he released his puppet strings from the puppet, it would stay in place without any hassle.

With this done, he pulled Sakyu closer to him and pulled open the door of the neat little cafe, leading Sakyu first where he would follow. It was a nice enough place, this cafe, the atmosphere was that of laid back enjoyment and people merrymaking. His eyes scanned around, looking for a good place to sit before he stopped on something that looked much more interesting. It was a puppet, in the shape of what could only be an arachnid by the door. Who had made such a thing, and further more, how was it used? What were the capabilities and advantages? Tenno's eyes lit up like stars on a clear night. This was a marvelous wonder of ingenuity and craftsmanship! He simply had to find whoever had made it and ask them about the specifications! His eyes went back to searching the faces of those in the cafe, walking forward as he did so, looking to and fro with Sakyu now at his heels as he needed a clear line of sight. Before long he'd notice a young girl sitting at a table alone, books strewn about the place. He wasn't one to bother someone so grossly encumbered, but he figured she was as good as anyone to ask about the marvel he'd seen. As he stepped closer, readying to speak with her, his eyes caught the books' titles. It was then that he understood and he smiled to himself. He'd found his craftsman..er..craftswoman. Now how to play this?

"Er..hello! I happened to notice you uh..like books. I like books! Especially books like that and er...is that your arachnid puppet?"

Smooth.

3The Red Thread of Fate[Nova|Tenno] Empty Re: The Red Thread of Fate[Nova|Tenno] Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:51 am

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
"Er..hello! I happened to notice you uh..like books. I like books! Especially books like that and er...is that your arachnid puppet?", a male voice would draw Nova's attention from her thoughts. Nova was seated in the large cushioned couch that sat near the book laden table still, having just returned from a short step outside and was surprised to have someone notice her sitting in the corner. A smile would crawl across her face that someone had noticed not only her, but expressed an interest in the unusual skill that she honed. Looking up to meet the gaze of whoever it was that addressed her, her attention was immediately drawn away from the boy himself and to the interesting creation that hugged his body. To Nova it was immediately clear that it was a bunraku puppet, and should the boy have created it himself it marked him as a likely member of Nova's own clan; the Chikamatsu. Her eyes wandered over the puppet briefly, impressed with the design and inspiration behind it, before looking back to the face of the boy who spoke to her. Warm brown eyes with rims of paint looked back out of her from a pale face framed with raven hair with a single lock of snow-white hair on the top. His visage reminded Nova of something, a memory she couldn't quite place that sent her back to her childhood in Suna.

“Hello”, Nova would say shyly, “Uhh... yea! Most of these are books from my own collection though a few are from the library nearby”. Wow.. was there anything more lame that she could have responded with?. Trying to save herself from the embaressment that she could feel creeping up in the form of a blush burning across her pale freckled cheeks she spoke again addressing his question, “That's Kurogokegamu over there, and yep. It's of my own design...”. Her voice had trailed off slightly as she noticed the second figure behind the boy, identifying it as a humanoid bunraku puppet pretty quickly, “Those are pretty impressive looking, especially that one you've got wrapped around you. It's an incredible design.”. Nova's face was lit up with an excitement she had not felt in a long time, and though she had just met this boy it was the first fellow puppeteer that she had met in person since she had fled Suna. It had been a long time since her days in Suna where she had a plentiful group to share her craft with and longed to have someone to share that with again. Patting the seat to her left she offered for him to join her just as the waitress was coming by again to pick up the dishes she had had earlier in the day and to take another order if it was wanted. “would you like something to eat? My treat” Nova would offer to the boy as she hoped he would join her, “Could I get another tea and.... hm.... a bowl of fried rice I think? And whatever he would like as well” Nova would smile and let him order and the waitress leave before she would speak again.

Though she was shy and felt the nerves fluttering in her stomach, she decided to introduce herself to what she hoped would be someone she could get to know better, “er..... I'm Nova by the way. It's nice to meet you”. Ugh.... could she be any more awkward?. “i've only seen one other puppeteer since I left Suna, though I never met him in person... just knew of him in the chuunin exams. er... do you happen to be from Suna as well? You look.... familiar but I just can't place it....”. Yes. Yes she could be more awkward. Few things are a more cliché introduction than 'you look familiar'. After beating herself up for feeling as though she made a fool of herself she would try to let him take over the conversation and perhaps save her from making another lame comment.

[Word count 687]

4The Red Thread of Fate[Nova|Tenno] Empty Re: The Red Thread of Fate[Nova|Tenno] Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:18 am

Tenno

Tenno

D-rank
Tenno's eyes moved from the girl at the table in front of him to the puppet he'd seen by the door. Kurogokegamu was its name and it was interesting at that.  Interesting only because he didn't really understand what it meant, it seemed to be in a dialect he wasn't familiar with. Tenno looked back to the table over the books, noting that some had been the girl's own collection and that was nice to hear. It was hard to find anyone else who was studious in nature and was willing to purchase books about their preferred subjects. Too many looked for word of mouth answers or swept themselves into what little technology was available. Information used to be the best tool a ninja could have in their arsenal, but the newer generations would simply throw it away at the drop of a hat if they found an easier way to learn what they needed. Whether it was inherently wrong or right was neither here nor there, however, he was simply delightfully pleased to find that this young woman shared his enthusiasm for puppets.

She mentioned his puppets were impressive, especially the one he had wrapped around him. The young man activated his chakra strings for Omukade once more and had the centipede unwrap itself from his body. "This is Omukade, and my other puppet is Sakyu. I made Omukade during my academy days and Sakyu before leaving the village hidden in the sand. After complications arose which made it inhospitable for anyone to stick around." With that, he contorted his fingers to make Omukade slither over towards the girl's spider puppet, wrapping itself into a circle near Kurogokegamu. He released the control over Omukade and sat where the young woman indicated for him to join her, smiling softly to her. His fingers contorted and pulled Sakyu to walk to the opposite end of the table to sit herself down, after which he released control upon her as well. Tenno looked over as a waitress came to collect old dishes and take the young woman's order once more. He contemplated eating something himself as he was feeling famished, but it seemed to be on her mind as well when she offered to treat him to a dinner. He smiled and nodded, looking to the waitress to place his own order. "I'd like beef lo mein if possible, as well as a cup of black tea. Three sugars if it's not too much hassle."

With their orders taken, the waitress would walk away, leaving the two alone at the table, quietly sitting there. The young woman must have felt that they should break the silence because she then introduced herself to him. Her name was Nova, he smiled and spoke to her, nodding in introduction. "I'm called Tenno. The pleasure is all mine." She then went on to speak about how she'd only met one other puppeteer since leaving Suna, though she only knew of him in the chuunin exams. Tenno sighed inwardly as he realized he'd probably just missed the chance to participate in the exams himself. She asked if he happened to come from Suna as well, stating he looked familiar, but she couldn't place it. Now that she said something, she too looked rather familiar, and even the name was a callback to something he'd heard in the old clan grounds. "I do come from Sunagakure, yes. And I know what you mean, looking at you now something about you seems familiar. I come from the Chikamatsu clan that used to reside in the hidden sand village. As you're a puppeteer you've likely heard of them. In fact.." Tenn rubbed his chin, looking up in thought. Could she be the young puppeteer from Sunagakure that was part of his clan? The one who lost her leg and used her wits to fashion a mode of transport? He looked back to her arachnid puppet then down to her leg, noting the prosthetic and recognition blossomed upon his face. "You're from the clan too aren't you?! I heard about you from my old man, they say you lost your leg in an accident but didn't let it stop you from getting around. In all honesty I'd only seen you in passing once or twice but it's surreal to be meeting you here!" His eyes were alight with excitement, while his cheeks were alight with a slight pink hue because he realized he was leaning in a bit close to her in his bravado.

774|1,513

5The Red Thread of Fate[Nova|Tenno] Empty Re: The Red Thread of Fate[Nova|Tenno] Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:31 am

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
Nova smiled that he accepted her offer for a meal and a seat next to her, shaking her hair over her shoulders and trying to keep her shy demeanor from scaring the boy off. Her hair smelled faintly of roses which, Tenno as he introduced himself, would be able to sense when he sat beside her. Nova felt as though she was vibrating from excitement, completely charmed by the talented and knowledgeable boy and intrigued by his interest in both puppets and possibly her. The sight of the centipede skittering across the floor and rolling up beneath Kurogokegamu made her giggle, and she watched as Tenno's fingers danced in a pattern that was both familiar and individual to each puppeteer to have the more humanoid marionette seat itself on a chair nearby.

"I do come from Sunagakure, yes. And I know what you mean, looking at you now something about you seems familiar. I come from the Chikamatsu clan that used to reside in the hidden sand village. As you're a puppeteer you've likely heard of them. In fact.." The boy would respond to her inquiry, "You're from the clan too aren't you?! I heard about you from my old man, they say you lost your leg in an accident but didn't let it stop you from getting around. In all honesty I'd only seen you in passing once or twice but it's surreal to be meeting you here!". Nova would shift her eyes away for a moment, while glad to meet someone that came from where she did an old wound would sting slightly as he recognized her from her impairment. Discreetly Nova would cross her bare right leg over her left, subconsciously trying to obscure the mahogany wood that started above the knee, and force a slightly uncomfortable smile on her face, “That would be me, Nova Makato. My dad used to be one of the head craftsmen before he passed. I'll admit i'm surprised to see another Chikamatsu this far away from home, though what were we to do when Suna fell. Did you come straight here after? I was in Kumo for the exams before coming here.”.

Nova would try to steer the conversation back to him, “So you were from Suna as well though... we must have run into each other at the academy once or twice, though you might have been a year ahead of me...”. Voice trailing off she turned her emerald eyes away from the table and back to the boy who was sitting close enough to her that their arms would brush, and was immediately aware of his closeness as he leaned towards her with a pink tinge to his pale cheeks. Here eyes would flutter for a moment as their gaze met before she would let her gaze drop down to her fingers that she was fidgeting. Her own cheeks would start burning again with a blush as she tried to not let the tingles that ran up her arm as she sat net to him make her squirm. [I]Giant spiders didn't make Nova bat an eye but sitting in such close proximity to one of the opposite gender had Nova's heart pounding..... she was horribly embarrassed of herself. Nearly sighing with relief she saw the waitress balancing two bowls and two teacups precariously on a metal tray wobbling in their direction. The waitress smiled at the pair of them, trying to scoot more of the books to the side to make room for their meals while still balancing the tray above her in one hand. Embarrassed that she hadn't done that before she jolted up and helped the waitress who would set the tray down with a smile and walk away. As she stood she slid the kimono down off her shoulders, comfortably warm in the cafe in just the v-neck tee and leggings that showed her curves and laid the kimono over the arm of the sofa. Plopping back down on the seat besides Tenno, she scooted the table close to the pair for them to eat their meals. “So have you been here before Tenno?”, Nova would inquire, wanting to learn more about her fellow Chikamatsu and trying make sure conversation between them would last. She would wait until he pulled his dish in front of him before digging into her own, nodding in appreciation of the meal.

”I come here almost every weekend myself. I don't actually live within the city itself but on one of the surrounding islands. Its.... a little rural though I guess you could say.”, Nova would momentarily be amused by the thought of calling the mansion that Lord Osada ruled over rural, though in all contexts besides architecturally it was. “I stop here for at least lunch while I'm here, though I let it run a little later today than normal. This project i've been working on is a little overwhelming but im set on it.” Nova would look back outside past the candle reflected in the window and see the fully darkened night sky, absent of a moon and full of starts, and deliberated aloud, “Though it looks as though I may have let it go a little too long... i'll have to stay in Kiri for the evening, traveling back through the mist alone at night isn't a good idea for anyone. “. Between sentences she was taking large bites of the savory food, setting it down nearly empty and putting the teacup to her lips. Looking up from her glass, she saw the waitress returning again, a small plate in her hand and walking towards the pair again. Nova leaned back in her seat and yawned, full from the meal and again hyper aware of the boy sitting inches from her. A small porcelain dish of green tea mochi were set before the pair and the empty dishes were whisked away but not before the waitress spoke with a wink,"Your favorite hun, on us tonight”

Nova would smile and look at Tenno again, leaning against his shoulder slightly and hoping he wouldn't mind,   “you should try one, they are really good. But anyways... what do you do here in Kiri? Tell me about yourself”

[1058 Word count]
[2627 Total word count]

6The Red Thread of Fate[Nova|Tenno] Empty Re: The Red Thread of Fate[Nova|Tenno] Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Tenno

Tenno

D-rank
When the waitress came back with their food, the embarrassing moment for Tenno would come to stop, if only for a few moments. He'd sit back in his chair, straight back with posture as good as he could muster, nodding in thanks to the waitress. He would pull his lo mein closer to him, lifting up his tea to sip upon it before reaching for his chop sticks. His eyes would dart back towards the young woman who made her company with him, noticing she wasn't eating just yet. She'd asked if he'd ever been to the establishment they were in before and he could merely shake his head before speaking. "Honestly, I've never even been to Kirigakure before. I haven't been here long and haven't really done much since coming here. It's a bit embarrassing, but most days I'd rather sit alone and work on my puppets, trying to devise new weapons and devices for them. I'm not really anti-social, just have a bit of an inverse personality in new places."

The young puppeteer would look down at his food silently then look up to Sakyu who was sitting across from him and smile. He really enjoyed his work and felt it kept him anchored down to reality. Tenno would sigh softly and snap his chopsticks apart and begin to feast upon his beef lo mein. It was surprisingly good here, despite it likely not being one of their more popular or normal dishes. Tenno listened quietly to Nova as he ate, being as respectful as possible, while also focusing on what she was saying. To come here every weekend likely got expensive if not a bit boring to do over and over. Variety being the spice of life as it were, he figured she would have preferred a new place at least once or twice a month. Still, there was something to be said for patterns. Establishing a pattern one would enjoy over the course of their activities was a good way to train their brain to get used to doing such activities and even to enjoy them. Tenno was caught up in his thoughts so much that he completely forgot what he was doing for a moment, and found himself returning to his food quietly.

Tenno stopped eating at the mention of her product and tilted his head, finishing the few noodles he was chewing before he spoke. "What project are you currently working on? I don't mean to pry into your life, I'm sorry. I just find myself incredibly enthused when I take on projects and learning about the projects of others bears much the same result." He smiled and looked over at Nova, tilting his head as he listened to the rest of what she was saying. Mentioning that she'd have to stay in Kirigakure, the village proper, for the night because of how late she'd been out. Without thinking or letting himself stop to consider anything else for a moment, he blurted out a bit of word vomit in the form of an invitation: "If you've got to stay in the village for the night anyway, perhaps I could invite you to my home? It's not much but I do have a couch I can rest on, and give you my bed. It's clean, well, mostly."

The puppeteer rubbed his chin quietly and looked back to his puppet sakyu, tilting his head. "There are a few parts littered here and there, nothing too major and nothing on the bed. I simply spend a lot of time bringing things from my workshop into my room to work on overnight. I get a lot of inspiration when waking up randomly." He chuckled a bit and rubbed the back of his head. He looked over to see a waitress return with a plate of mochi, saying that it would be on the house tonight. The mochi was apparently Nova's favorite, so she definitely came here a lot for them to know such a thing.  Nova, in fact, mentioned he should try one and asked a few questions about himself while leaning against him. He didn't mind and laid his head against her own, taking one mochi for himself and taking the whole thing in his mouth at once. It was sweet and savory, an interesting texture, but not unpleasant. He supposed this was what happened when you mashed rice into a paste. After finishing and swallowing the mochi, he took a sip of his tea before responding. "I'm currently training to grow my own prowess to eventually become well.. this may sound silly but I want to be a seven swordsman. Other than that I run a small workshop where I do maintenance on people's weapons and build parts for their puppets or work on my own. It's actually here in the market district believe it or not."

834|2,347

7The Red Thread of Fate[Nova|Tenno] Empty Re: The Red Thread of Fate[Nova|Tenno] Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:33 pm

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
"Honestly, I've never even been to Kirigakure before. I haven't been here long and haven't really done much since coming here. It's a bit embarrassing, but most days I'd rather sit alone and work on my puppets, trying to devise new weapons and devices for them. I'm not really anti-social, just have a bit of an inverse personality in new places." The taller boy would respond to her as he shook his head. “I know what you mean, I used to go out a lot less but after I won the exams it seemed to be expected of me to show myself in public... though hopefully that will stop soon. I like coming here because its so close to the market, and their menu changes daily based on what they get in stock.” Nova would say trying to make conversation before digging into her food. As she would speak of her project his face would show interest and inquire further on the matter,"What project are you currently working on? I don't mean to pry into your life, I'm sorry. I just find myself incredibly enthused when I take on projects and learning about the projects of others bears much the same result." He smiled and looked over at Nova, tilting his head as he listened to the rest of what she was saying. “the one over there was my first, but what im working on now is a puppet modeled after a desert scorpion”, Leaning over to the table she would pick up one of her drawing pads and flip it open to a sketch that spanned across two pages, “It's going to be large enough to ride within much like the one I have now is though i've added quite a few new inventions. This portion here will be filled with a type of insulation that I've discovered will help protect from katon, raiton, and hyoton. The claws themselves will be strong enough to tunnel under the ground, and the best part though I haven't perfected it yet it going to be this sensory technique that will allow me to sense vibrations through the ground around me even if I can't actually see them.”. Nova worried that she may had trailed on too long and lost his interest but he seemed to actually be listening to every word she said.

Nova having mentioned that she would have to stay in the city for the night did not anticipate the immediate response that came from Tenno's lips without a second thought, "If you've got to stay in the village for the night anyway, perhaps I could invite you to my home? It's not much but I do have a couch I can rest on, and give you my bed. It's clean, well, mostly." Pausing in thought for just a second he would continue, "There are a few parts littered here and there, nothing too major and nothing on the bed. I simply spend a lot of time bringing things from my workshop into my room to work on overnight. I get a lot of inspiration when waking up randomly." He chuckled a bit and rubbed the back of his head and Nova would smile widely at the offer and nod in acceptance, “Only if it's not too much of a bother”. As this exchange would happen the mochi would be delivered, Nova popping one into he mouth with a smile while Tenno tentatively bit into the dessert. "I'm currently training to grow my own prowess to eventually become well.. this may sound silly but I want to be a seven swordsman. Other than that I run a small workshop where I do maintenance on people's weapons and build parts for their puppets or work on my own. It's actually here in the market district believe it or not." This peaked Nova's interest, “I'd love to see your workshop if you don't mind showing me. It's been a while since I've been able to look at anyone else's work”. As she spoke Nova paid the bill that had been set at the table from a deep change purse which contained only a small portion of the monetary winnings that she had gained from the exams.

[Exit thread]
[733 Word count]
[3360 Total Word Count]

8The Red Thread of Fate[Nova|Tenno] Empty Re: The Red Thread of Fate[Nova|Tenno] Sat May 05, 2018 4:00 am

Tenno

Tenno

D-rank
When Nova began to rifle through her pile of books, explaining her new puppet idea to Tenno, he found himself pouring over her notes and sketches in her sketch book when presented. She had a lot of talent for the sorts of things she did and it was clear that some of the influences on her work came from their old home in the village hidden in the sand. Well, before it was glassed. He listened intently, scanning over each page with the same enthusiasm and wonder of a child seeing fireworks for the first time.  The mochi in his hand was almost immediately forgotten as he looked at the modifications hse pointed out, mentioning a summation of what they'd be able to do and what she wanted them to be. Her designs and blueprints were so intricate and complex, Tenno found himself feeling a bit envious of her careful planning. Usually when he took notes it was quick jottings of one or two words, expanded upon with him just 'winging' it. Inspiration took the two to completely different places it seemed. As he was all but disorganized when it came to actually writing out his thoughts.

When it came time for the meal to be paid for, Tenno was reaching for his pouch, only to find Nova digging into a deeper one to pay for them both. She accepted his offer to see his workshop and home, which were admittedly basically the same building, and they would be off. He stood and thanked the waitress for his meal, conjuring his chakra strings to bring Sakyu to life once more. He did the same to Omukade and nodded to Nova, smiling, before leading her back out of the cafe and into the streets of the darkly lit market district.

[Exit, To be Continued Elsewhere]

300|2,647

1,650/1,650 (+10% Chikamatsu Drawback) Bukijutsu D>C-Rank
750/750 Reaction Time E>D-Rank
225/225 Perception E>E-2
22 Words discarded

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.