You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Myrddin

Myrddin

A-rank
Dawn, despite the storm clouds looming over the village, the light of the sun peered lazily over the horizon, casting a golden glow across the village. Most of the merchants were awake and setting up their stall, preparing for the last of the visitors to depart from the village hidden in the clouds and return to their home villages. There was a clap of thunder so loud that it would wake even the heaviest of sleepers, a lone Shinobi dressed in all black leaned against the left door of the gate looking up at the clouds overhead wondering when it was going to finally open up and flood the village in its downpour. The young shinobi pulled a Kaminari Shuriken from his pouch on the back of his belt flipping it in his hand as if it was a coin, not concerned whether or not he would cut himself as he had done this so many times before. The boy had been at the gate most of the night, which it was common for Kumo Shinobi to work as gate guards, the shinobi had not been there working. No he was there waiting, he was waiting on a particular visitor to pass through the gate. Raphael had not talked the boy since he had stopped staying in his apartment, but he knew the boy had not left the village as he swears he saw the boy the day before in the market but was not able to catch him before he left. Tenjin, one of the few people that Raphael considered to be a friend, and one of an even smaller list that Raphael believes to be an equal of his. Raphael's mind thought back to his time spent with the genin of Iwa, the spar when they had first met at the battle plateau where the boy was the first one to provide an actual challenge to him ending their match in a draw. Their meal afterwards at his favorite diner where he learned more about the boy as well as all he had learned from the nights the boy had stayed with him. Raphael viewed Tenjin as more than just a friend, he was for lack of a better word a rival. Tenjin's friendship had pushed Raphael further then he would of thought possible, it was because of him that Raphael pushed himself harder in his training and to help the village however possible. Due to this Raphael had been able to rise recently in the ranks of the shinobi of the hidden cloud, and he was still growing more each day thanks to all he had learned from his time spent with Tenjin and he could not let the boy leave without saying goodbye.

Raphael's thoughts were interrupted by another crash of thunder followed by the beginning of the sky opening up, though it was just a light drizzle right now Raphael had no doubt in the next few hours it would pick up and the downpour would truly begin. Those that would be leaving on their journey today would be doing so soon least they be caught by the storm and forced to stay another night. Raphael stood safe from the rain under the overpass of the gate, still flipping his shuriken like it was a coin into the air before catching it in his hand and repeating the process. Raphael kept his eyes peeled for sight of Tenjin, refusing to accept not being able to talk to the boy one last time before he left.

Tenjin

Tenjin

D-rank
Tenjin was packing up and gathering his things before leaving from the village hidden in the clouds, Kumogakure no sato. He had learned a number of interesting things, as well as experienced a great deal of oddities while here. Learning about Mizuki’s diplomatic mission, he was surprised to see what appeared to be a forbidden jutsu coming from that Raikages chambers, which considering the power and size was easily seen in the whole of Kumo. A mountain top, sliced and obliterated in what could only have been a show of power by this villages Raikage since it was certainly not a battle as the Raikage was seen in an exhibition match not too long after. In the exhibition match, they Raikage was standing idly by while the people screamed in terror and agony and does nothing to apprehend who Raiu has benefited Tenjin by telling him was one of the destroyer of Sunagakure as a sign of faith towards the Sunagakure shinobi and kunoichi he sheltered. It was Lamya, the infamous missing ninja that took part in the invasion of Sunagakure versus one of the Hidden Mist villages seven swordsmen Nozomi. The events that transpired in the last couple of weeks have done nothing less than worry Tenjin for the future of Iwagakure, and especially the people of Kumogakure no sato. Tenjin while walking out of Kumo was walking with his head down, maybe the first time he has shown some sign of mild depression due to his deduction of the future of the shinobi world that he has been training to charge into full force. This is nevertheless, an even larger reason as to why Tenjin should train harder and rank up, so that he can protect his village from such extraneous power.

Once Tenjin looked up, he noticed a good friend. It was Raphael Kozai, one of the first shinobi Tenjin has met coming from the now ruins of Sunagakure no sato. After what MIzuki has told Tenjin, he has grown a new appreciation for the survivors of this hidden land of wind, so although he didnt know Raphaels true story, he couldnt help but believe it was enveloped in tragedy. Tenjins sadness toward the world became less pronounce as he neared Raphael and noticed that the shinobi was taking post at the village gates. ‘Was this his job?’ Tenjin asked himself, knowing that Genin are not giving the position of gate guards. Tenjin then smiled, realizing that Raphael must have ranked up in the short time that he had left his apartment to go back to the Iwagakure district of the Kumogakure Chunin exams. “Raphael ! Don’t tell me you have already ranked up?!?” Tenjin asked with surprise in his voice. Tenjin wasn’t surprised to see Raphael has ranked up, but considering their last battle ending in a draw, Tenjin couldnt help but think that Raphael must have gained some strength that is not more than likely unmatched by Tenjin. Tenjin clenched his fist in dedication thinking, ‘I can’t let him get ahead of me.’

WC 507
TWC 507

Myrddin

Myrddin

A-rank
Raphael stopped flipping the shuriken when he saw the boy, his head was down but there was no mistake in the fact that it was Tenjin. Raphael had seen the boy before the boy saw him, and something had clearly changed in the boy in the time since he had left Raphael's apartment. The boy walked as though he carried the weight of the world on his shoulders, and he was struggling to win. That however changed when the boy's eyes met Raphael's, this brought a smile to Raphael's face as it made him feel extremely good that just seeing him seemed to start lifting his friends spirit. Raphael would let out a chuckle when the boy mentioned him ranking up, "observant as ever I see hey Tenjin way to ruin the surprise," the boy said as he playfully punched the boy in the arm, having no idea of how the boy knew he had been promoted to chuunin, before he answer the boys question "So yeah.. It actually just happened a few days ago honestly, I was not even aware they were considering me for a promotion until they called me to the administration office." The young Chuunin stated with a smile, "to be honest with you I was sitting in the waiting room all nervous thinking I was in trouble for something I had done and was trying to firgure out what it was that I did. Then they came in and told me that because of my outstanding service to the village they were granting me the rank of Chuunin. I was speechless standing there completely off guard, anyways I would of told you sooner but you know as well as I as you climb the ranks up you get more responsibility." The boy ended with a shrug feeling as though he was just babbling on like a nerd with his friend from camp talking about everything before they left camp. Raphael decided to ask his own question to turn the subject away from himself as he did not want to seem like he was bragging that he was better than the boy because he did not believe that in the least. "so what have you been up to? It feels like it's been forever since we talked, course that could just be because of everything that has happened recently." Raphael's mind trailed back to the day the mountain next to Kumogakure was all but obliterated in an explosion of Black Raiton, what Raphael could only assume was a show of power on the part of the Raikage as he was the only one the boy knew who controlled Black Raiton as well as the only person inside of Kumogakure that could blow up a mountain and get away with it. Raphael had been questioning the actions of his kage for a few days now not just because of the mountain the Raikage destroyed, but also due to what he saw on the TV during an exhibition match. Everyone had hyped it up because the would be one of the Seven Swordsmen fighting on behalf of Kirigakure, but what happened during the fight no one could have predicted. The woman the swordsman had been fighting suddenly transformed into the very beast that still haunted the boy's nightmares, the giant eight headed snake that destroyed his home stood on the bridge in front of the member of the seven. The anger he had felt when the Raikage ordered that no one interfered with the match, he never got to finish watching that match as he ended up breaking his tv when he heard the Raikage's announcement. He wondered if These things was what made his friend seem so upset, he could completely understand if it was as it scared him as well causing him to second guess him joining the Village Hidden in the Clouds. These thoughts ran through the boys head in a matter of seconds, pushing the thoughts from his mind he listened to heard what the boy had been up too.

Tenjin

Tenjin

D-rank
Tenjin although usually keeping a stern look to his facial features was rather glad to have seen Raphael again. After hearing what Raphael had to say about Tenjin observant persona, he was met with a punch to his shoulder. It wasn’t a hard strike, but instead, it was one of Kozai’s lighter punches. Tenjin copied the behavior, to suggest a friendly competitive spirit between the pair. Raphael continued, telling Tenjin that he was promoted just a couple of days ago. Tenjin was admittedly envious of the rank up, but even more so proud that the young Kozai was able to have been recognized in a foreign village for his hard work and determination. Tenjin further listened to the story that Raphael had in regards to him believing that was in trouble in the administrative office only to find out that he was due for a promotion. Tenjin was rather proud of Raphael, feeling like he should be working twice as hard to gain the very same level of promotion. Tenjin was then asked what he was up to, and implied that the long parting from each other had something to do with the events of the last couple of days. In a sense, this is true, but in another, it is not, as Tenjin has been busy training, meeting new people, and watching the Chunin Exams and exhibition match in order to see his future competitors.

“The events that destroyed the mountains was certainly a troubling experience to have witnessed Kozai, but I would be lying if I said that was the reason why we haven’t got to meet lately. I am actually glad you are here, as I was speaking to one kunoichi named Raiu Mizuki of the Storm, I believe her name was, and she has told me about what transpired in the destruction of Sunagakure. Because the event are so recent, not many people know the exact details, but I have been told by an eyewitness, the names and titles of these shinobi.” Tenjin wondered if Raphael knew these criminals, as he wanted to tell him in case he ever wanted to avenge his fallen land. The young genin wanted to assure his friend, that although he is not of rank to be a challenge to the ‘invaders’ that Tenjin was told about, he is still willing to assist Raphael once they both become powerful enough. One of course happened to admit her involvement and shown herself to be part of the exhibition match versus one of the members of the seven swordsmen. Tenjin, while knowingly understanding that the Raikage nearly protected one of the criminals that took part in the village of Sunagakure no sato’s destruction, he wanted to but felt reluctant to invite Raphael to come to Iwagakure with him. The village is vetting a new Tsuchikage, and the potential for the future of the hidden stone is bright, and would be brighter is Raphael Kozai took part in the rebuilding. But still, Tenjin wanted to hear what Raphael knew about his villages destruction and probably even fill him in with answers as to who the culprits were.

WC 523
TWC 1,030

Myrddin

Myrddin

A-rank
The sky opened up and the downpour that Raphael had predicted came to pass, the rain fell so hard that it was as if the storm was trying to wash the village away from the mountain that was its home. The sun had long since risen above the storm clouds blocking most of the light that it was giving off, making it seem as though it was night in the middle of the day. The sound of the falling rain mixed with the occasional flash of lightning and the clap of thunder made Raphael think that the worst was yet to come and that today was a bad day to be outside, it was only going to get worst and so the boy knew that his friend would have to leave soon if he was going to get ahead of the storm that was currently raging. The boy spoke of the destruction of the mountain at the hands of the Raikage, and how it was not the only reason they had not spoken. Then Tenjin spoke of Mizuki, Raphael did not know her well but he did serve on a mission with her the day he was promoted to Chuunin. She was very kind to him and spoke of how she had been in the village hidden in the sand at the time of destruction, on a mission from the Raikage to deliver a message he had sent to every major nation. The fact that she spoke to Tenjin about the destruction told the young shinobi all he needed to know, the reason they had not spoken recently was the very reason Raphael did not tell many people that he came from Sunagakure originally. There was a look in the boy's eye, whether the boy meant for the look or not did not matter the fact was that it was there. Raphael had seen the look so many times before, pity. Everyone always felt bad for people that had something bad happen to them, Raphael hated pity which was why he was so closed off from everybody else and not share his past with them. Tenjin mentioned knowing from an eye witness who all was involved in the attack on Suna, whiched caused the young shinobi to scoff slightly. He had been there too and yet he did not have all the details other than the snake that the Raikage had granted amnesty to, and so he found it hard to believe that someone could have all the details of what happened amd who all was involved. Unless the person themselves were involved in the operation, as he doubted anyone would of been able to get close enough to the attack to see everything and make it out in alive. Raphael put on the best smile he could manage, "I was there as well my friend, I know all I need to know and one day I will confront all those that took part in my village's destruction." He took a deep breath before looking up at the outline of the administration building at the top of the mountain with a very serious look on his face, "and everyone that just stood idly by and allowed it to happen." The boy would then turn back to his friend with a smile on his face, "enough about that, this rain is really coming down and you will need to leave soon if you are going to get ahead of it. I don't want our last conversation before you go to be about something so dark and gloomy." Raphael paused reaching behind his back and taking one of his Kaminari Windmill Shuriken from its holster. "I want you to have this, it was made here at the Skyforge and bares its mark to prove it. But its more than that, I want you to have this because you are my friend and I want you to think of it as my way of being with you to help you whenever you need it."

Gift:

Tenjin

Tenjin

D-rank
Tenjin was not surprised that the weather in Kumogakure no sato became worse, it is the village hidden in the clouds, and clouds indeed began enveloping the skies before becoming dark and pouring out rain with flashes of lightning being visible and apparently clear. The weather happened to get worse coincidentally right in the midst of Tenjin discussing the horrors the has befallen Sunagakure no sato. Before Raphael spoke, Tenjins jounin leader for the trek back home was able to tell the young shinobi that the group was going to go on ahead, because due to the rain, they needed to make it back to Iwagakure no sato in a tight schedule. Noticing that Tenjin was in a serious conversation with an ally shinobi, he further advised Tenjin to catch up once he was done with his discussion. Tenjin, due to being in the middle of a conversation, did nothing but nod his head ‘yes’ to signify he understood the order that was given to him. Soon after the nod, Raphael began to speak. Telling Tenjin that he was certainly there as well, and witnessed the destruction by the invaders. Raphael was reluctant to know more about the circumstance, which surprised Tenjin as he considered information to be power. But it was his choice, and Tenjin was not going to impose such sensitive information on a friend if he is nor yet ready to hear it. Tenjin while looking at Raphael, noticed that he was gazing up at the administration building before sounding cold with his statement on all those who stood idly by and ‘allowed it to happen.’ The words sounded quite cynical, which is a tremendous shift in Raphael’s personality trait that Tenjin has known him to possess. ‘But the destruction of one’s home can make anyone dark.’ Tenjin thought.

Raphael then made it clear to Tenjin that he was getting late and the rain was going to hamper his travels if he stayed any later, Tenjin agreed with this statement by nodding once again. BUt before Tenjin was able to leave, Raphael stopped him once again to end the matter on a lighter note. It was understandable that Raphael didn’t want to end Tenjin and his meet with a discussion on the destruction of a village so he bequeathed a weapon to the young and up and coming shinobi. Seeing a Windmill Shuriken being drawn from Raphaels back, he heard Raphael follow it up by offering the weapon to Tenjin. Tenjin didn’t want to be rude and say no to the gift, and he would find it difficult to hide his glee with the gift as he gave out a short but noticeable smile as he opened up both hands to have the windmill shuriken placed on his palms. Tenjin then said while simultaneously putting the weapon away, “Skyforge huh?” With a short pause to the rhetorical question, Tenjin would continue with his discussion. “You know Raphael, you surprise me. I owe you one.” Tenjin would then stick out his fist, a mannerism said to have been popular in Kumogakure as it was adopted by the Legendary Killer Bee, and to signify the bond as well as the debt that Tenjin would have with Raphael. After the gesture was either reciprocated or not, Tenjin would create the ram hand sign as he would body flicker out and away from Raphael in an instant to catch up with his group.

WC 575
TWC 1,605

Myrddin

Myrddin

A-rank
Raphael knew the boy needed to hurry, and did not want to keep him any longer than necessary but he felt that Tenjin needed to know how it worked considering the functionality of the shuriken. "It's a specially crafted shuriken, it actually is attuned to the wind itself. Whenever you throw it the shuriken will glide through the wind and return to you so long as something doesn't happen to stop it. I was going to demonstrate it to you, but I know you need to hurry so I won't keep you, besides I am sure you can figure it out." He finished with a wink, knowing all too well the skill of the boy and he had no doubt that the boy would be able to figure it out. When Tenjin stuck out his fist, Raphael knew that it was a sign of the bond the two have as well as a sign of respect. Raphael would extend his fist out as well, and then the boy would perform the ram symbol and disappeared kicking up dust and leaves as he did so. Raphael would smile as he looked out into the horizon, he would never forget the bond he created with Tenjin or how much the boy had pushed him to become better then what he was. Raphael knew full well that their paths would cross againone day in the future. 'And on that day I will prove that I am stronger than him, because on that day I will defeat him even if its just a spar I will prove I am better.'

Raphael would turn and begin his slow walk home, the downpour of the storm was now coming down heavier than before but it did not both him he had gotten use to the rain during his time here in the village hidden in the clouds. The hard rain would not bother the boy nor would it make the boy increase his speed to reach his destination, he was in no hurry. As the boy walked his mind trailed back over the past few weeks and all that the two of them had done together, though the boy was sadden that the friend he had made had to leave but he would not shed a tear as he knew their paths would cross again. His walk took the boy past the battle plateau where he had first met Tenjin, his fist tighten as he replayed their match over in his head. Even though the boy was convinced that he had made mistakes in the match that lead to it's outcome of a draw between them, he still had to give Tenjin credit for the way he handled himself in the fight. Never before had Raphael met someone who he viewed as an equal to him, Tenjin showed him that there would always be more out there that are stronger and that he should never lax on his training least he be left behind while the world grew stronger. As the boy rounded the corner of the street where his apartment was he saw the sign for the cloud 369 diner where the boys had ate after their match, it was there that Raphael first learned what being a shinobi meant to Tenjin and about the boy's passion for teaching.

As Raphael entered his apartment and kicked off his shoes he looked around the living room, though Tenjin was not the first person he had let stay at his place nor was he the last, he was one that made the most lasting impression on the young shinobi whether he knew so or not. Raphael removed his wet clothes throwing them to the hamper before getting in the shower to wash away the sweat and stink of the night before having guard duty at the gate. The boy glared out the bathroom window at the rain still drowning the village, "one day Tenjin, I will defeat you."

{Exit Thread}

Perception from C-1 to C-3: 1300 words & 275 Ryo
Reaction Time from C-1 to C-3: 1300 words & 275 Ryo
17 words discarded
Cost: 550 - 5% = 525 Ryo

Tenjin

Tenjin

D-rank
On his way back to catch up with the rest of the Iwagakure shinobi, Tenjin was able to get in touch with his jounin leader. Jumping from tree to tree, the air felt been thick with rain. Tenjins scarf wet with the tears of the sky as he traversed the outskirts of the borders of Kumogakure no sato with his Iwagakure companions. Tenjin had met a single person to truthfully call his friend during what seemed like his infinitesimal stay in Kumogakure during the chunin exams, although Tenjin has met more shinobi from the land hidden in the clouds, especially one person in particular, the person with the storm release was not that bad. He learned quite a bit from her, and yet he was still hungry per se to know more. In this day he journeyed across the borders until the group got tired. In this moment, all of the Iwagakure shinobi moved in silence as they skittered across the wet earth until they had arrived to a colossal natural structure, slate eyes staring it over until he he heard his jounin commander speak," What do you all think about staying in here?" the Jounin asked the team who was not but a few steps away from him. The second in command the said, “This cave seems okay with me. I will check it out to determine if it’s safe.” So simple was his curiosity that he began to step forward despite it being a potential danger zone, he wanted to know if this cave was uninhabited in order for the group to stay overnight. Soon enough the second in command had entered it, its warmth embracing his body as if it had been untouched by time and yet no one had dared to live in it. This second in command continued to walk into it.

Coming out of the cave, he was able to give the okay and the jounin in command, removing his hood, he would slowly place large bundle of firewood into a circle inside of the cave, lighting it and telling the team to sit in front of the fire to warm up, “We have found shelter for the night.” he proclaimed. Before Tenjin sat down, the jounin commander was able to grab Tenjin by the shoulder. Tenjin was surprised but when he turned around he was quickly told, “You have done great in representing Kumogakure. We were watching you as you trained, hence why we chose you to represent our village in the exhibition match. Me and a couple of the higher ranked shinobi knew you would do the village proud.” The man paused for a sec before continuing, “As soon as we make it home I will speak to the council to have you ranked up immediately.”

WC 464
TWC +2000

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.