You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New chapter [NK/Raphael/Invite only] Empty New chapter [NK/Raphael/Invite only] Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:31 pm

Ao Yakushi

Ao Yakushi

D-rank
The non-selection of my taking part in the Chuunin Exams didn’t have the biggest impact on me. In fact, it was quite understandable; a recently promoted genin who had barely shown what he was capable of (if he were capable of anything, that is). I was quite the beginner in terms of the shinobi world, and my abilities were limited to being able to communicate with fellow genin and maybe try to scare the opponent with some big talk about my potential strengths; but that wouldn’t cut it at something as big as the Chuunin Exams. I still came along with a few other Konoha shinobi to “support” those who had been selected to take part in the examination. Nonetheless, I ended up chatting with a few locals during those weeks I spent at Kumogakure, and even doing a bit of tourism, though there wasn’t that much to look at to be completely honest. However, the fact that such an event was happening in the village meant people from all over the ninja world would gather, visit and chat up with others in hopes of either supporting their nation during the examinations, or simply visiting the Village Hidden in the Clouds.

Truth is, I just really used this as an excuse to get away from Konoha and to meet people from different villages, learn their story, their background, know how life is away from home. Behaving like a tourist wasn’t exactly something I was fond of, and even though there were countless places to visit in the village, I was much more interested in casually chatting up strangers. So, just in case you were wondering, that’s how I ended up talking with this guy, who didn’t really tell me much about where he was from, he sounded a bit too mysterious and quiet to my taste actually. “So, what brings you here, is it Raphael you said? Or was that your last name?”

[311]

2New chapter [NK/Raphael/Invite only] Empty Re: New chapter [NK/Raphael/Invite only] Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:10 pm

Myrddin

Myrddin

A-rank
Sweat dripped from Raphael's brow, he had been putting himself through some pretty intense training over the past couple of days. Since his arrival here in the village hidden in the clouds he had been looking for a purpose, with the destruction of the village hidden in the sand he had lost his purpose but now he finally felt as though he had found one again. He had chosen to become a Shinobi of the hidden cloud, shedding his old life and loyalties to show his support to the new Raikage and this great village. Since then he had pushed himself harder and further than ever before, both in order to show the Raikage he was right to put his trust in the young Genin as well as also prove to himself that he was not the weakling he believed himself to be at the time the village hidden in the sand fell.

Raphael finished his training, grabbing his towel from the nearby bench and using it to dry himself off before looking around. The training grounds were all but deserted and the sun was just beginning to set, to the young Shinobi it looked as though he was the last one to leave the area. Draping the towel around his neck so that he could use it to pat any left over sweat that formed on his walk home, Raphael then grabbed his pack and headed for his new home. Though up to this point he had been staying at the local inn, now that he was a Shinobi of the hidden cloud he was granted his own apartment, that in of itself was a sign to Raphael that he had made the right choice in dedicating himself to the Raikage and the hidden cloud village. He never had anything to call his own before now, even when he had been a Shinobi of the sand he did not have his own apartment and in his clan compound everything was the family's never his own. Raphael was pulled from his thoughts by the smell of food having not ate today his stomach began to growl in response to the smell of the delicious food, without wasting another minute the young boy found a open seat at the nearby shop amd ordered some food from the menu. As he sat there enjoying his food he was soon joined by another who sat down beside him, there was a short pause before the boy introduced himself to Raphael, not wanting to seem rude but at the same time not really want to talk to anyone he turned to the boy. "Name's Raphael" the young Shinobi told the boy who could not be much older than himself, Raphael hated small talk in fact he hated talking period but he reminded himself that he had come for a fresh start and that meant his attitude as well. "I am a genin of the Hidden Cloud Village, what brings you to our village? Did you come to watch or participate in the exams or is there another reason that you have come?" The young shinobi asked the newcomer both to learn his intentions as well as find out some information for himself. The young Shinobi watched the boy with careful eyes though not so much that it would draw any attention, as he was unsure what the boy had intended and needed to ensure the boy was not a threat to his new home.

3New chapter [NK/Raphael/Invite only] Empty Re: New chapter [NK/Raphael/Invite only] Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:26 pm

Ao Yakushi

Ao Yakushi

D-rank
"I am a genin of the Hidden Cloud Village, what brings you to our village? Did you come to watch or participate in the exams, or is there another reason that you have come?" I would say that this was a bit odd of a response, but then again who was I to judge someone I had just met? He did come at me with a lot of questions at the same time, and I am quite sure that almost anybody else in my position would have judged him and felt a bit pushed away by this behaviour. The Kumo-nin did not even bother asking for my name, instead simply unloading a bunch of questions on me. He was probably the curious type, if I had to make one guess, based on the character he had been displaying for now. All this analysis for two sentences, this is ridiculous, why am I over-analyzing everything? Oh well, we all know why. What should I reply with now? Answer both of his questions at the same time, or go on about my life story and what actually brings me here despite him probably not giving a shit about whatever I’ll be telling him? Well let’s see now, I thought to myself, before continuing on to our friendly yet strangely hostile conversation. “That’s a lot of questions for someone who doesn’t even know my name,” I pointed out, before proceeding to actually answering him before he got annoyed. “I came to support a few friends from my village who were competing in the Chuunin Exams because, sadly, I wasn’t deemed able enough by my Kage. Which makes sense, of course, it’s not like I’m annoyed or anything, but…you know, yeah. That’s pretty much why I’m here.”

I’ve always had this odd, awkwardness attached to me. If you ever believed in the principle of yokai— you know those spirits that stay attached to you until some weird spirit-exorcist person comes down to get rid of them for you in exchange of a little fortune because “they’re the only one who can do it, they have deep connection with the spiritual world”? Well, I think I have the awkwardness one attached to me. Or maybe it’s the sarcasm one, I don’t know, I have my moments I guess; though awkwardness seems to be quite consistent in my behaviour. That’s why I’ve always tried not to talk too much until I’ve become a genin— where I’ve realized that having social skills and being able to communicate effectively got you more than a wife and a group of friends. I’m definitely getting carried away, but I guess now I try to be a bit more outgoing just to get rid of this awkward aura I tend to have around me. Thus, I kept going, not giving him the opportunity to get away from this conversation. “What’s that you’re eating? I’m not so used to the local cuisine, so you might have to help me a little on that one, I’m not so fond of its appearance to be completely honest.” Oh boy, I might be pissing him off too. Well, at least I tried, I guess I’ll just stay quiet until he replies. All this for a good impression, really, since when did I care so much about anything?

552 (863)

4New chapter [NK/Raphael/Invite only] Empty Re: New chapter [NK/Raphael/Invite only] Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:54 am

Myrddin

Myrddin

A-rank
Raphael chuckled at the boys comment about not knowing the boys name, like its my fault? He was the one who came up talking to me and did not return with his name after I gave him mine, the young Shinobi thought to himself, the nerve of some people yet the young Shinobi said nothing of the boy's comment nor about the fact that the boy had more than enough time to give Raphael his name before the questions were asked. Then the boy spoke of the chuunin exams and how his kage did not believe him to be ready for them and so he came to cheer on friends, Raphael would simply scoff at this, he was not big on friends and saw no point in the cheering on as if it was going to help the combatant in any way if anything a friend would be a distraction as far as Raphael was concerned wanting to hang out or talk when the time should be spent training for the exams but he would keep this thought to himself. Though the fact that the boy was not able to compete just because his kage said so was troubling he did not like the fact of someone telling him whether or not he could do something, the only reason Raphael had not entered the competition himself was only due to the attack on the sand village causing him injury and him being unconscious when the exams began, hell he did not even know about the exams until he arrived in Kumo and by then it was too late. But if this boy's kage stopped him from competing was it possible that the Raikage may one day try to hold him back? "I am sorry that you were not able to compete I am sure you would of put on a grand showing in the finals, and brought your village honor if you had made it in," Raphael said to the boy trying to offer some kind of comfort, though he did not know why he was doing this. The boy asked about what Raphael was eating and that once again made Raphael chuckle slightly, "to be honest I am not sure what it is called, I asked the chef to bring me the best thing on the menu and he brought me this. Though I am pretty sure that the meat here is some kind of sea creature" Raphael said pointing to his plate, "it tastes a lot better than it looks trust me I thought the same thing when they first brought it out to me, but I went ahead and tried it and let me tell you it tastes like heaven itself, your more than welcome to join me I can have the chef bring out another if you like, my treat." the young Shinobi said with a grin before taking a sip of his tea that sat next to his plate.

If the boy did not use this time to give Raphael his name then after Raphael finished the glass of tea he would look at the boy with a grin and say, "I am sorry I must seem so rude, but I did not catch your name."

If the boy accepted his offer to join him he would call for the chef to bring out another special and a tea for himself before asking the boy what he would like to drink.

578/1161

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.