You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rhys

Rhys

D-rank
One of the many upsides of having a pet rhinoceros was that crowds of people tended to part in order to make way for the approaching beast. One of the many downsides of having a pet rhinoceros was that those same people in the crowd tended to follow after them. Rhys and Reorx pushed their way through the crowded street. A festival or celebration of some kind was going on in honor of the chuunin exams and the masses were out in full force.

The bulky figure of Rhys Kenta with his bald head and sculpted beard was striking enough, but with an exotic pet such as Reorx at his side he was guaranteed to draw attention. The pair were outsiders in this new land. They had been wandering the wilderness for some time without direction since their home had turned to ash. The exams had come as a blessing, they were a path for them to follow. So, they had to be in their best behaviour in this village. Especially if they were going to find someone to sponsor them in the exams, Suna was not exactly in a position to do so any more.

Rhys and Reorx slowly made their way through the throngs of strangers who pointed and watched the pair or were far too engrossed in their games or shop tables that were about for the festival. Rhys did his best to block out the assault on his senses, but something was distracting him. There was a familiar sound that he could not quite place, a "tap, tap, tapping".

Rhys spun his head around as he recognized the sound. Not far from him stood the source of the sound, a familiar face from his home. He had not expected to see anyone he knew here, but he was glad for it. He and Reorx pushed forward as he called out to the woman and her puppet vehicle.

"Nova! Hey Nova, it's me Rhys!" Rhys pushed his way through the people to approach his "friend". The two of them had gone on a mission together and it had gone relatively well. He was not surprised that she would be here for the exams as well.

Reorx was very curious about the mechanical spider that nova could sometimes be found riding in. The adolescent rhino circled the puppet sniffing it thoroughly. It smelled of wood and a faint hint of sand that reminders the best of home. Reorx crawled down underneath it's eight spindly legs and flipped down. He lay on his pack kicking up at the base of the spider puppet.

(436 wc)

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
Nova had for the majority of her life hid in the edge of the crowd, not liking to be immersed in the mass of people. Yet here and now at the Chuunin Exam's Ceremonies she was surrounded by hundreds of people milling about the festivities. There were ninja and common folk alike, celebrating the event that marked the coming of age for a few genin. Nova was nervous, she had barely convinced herself to enroll in the exams yet here she was, no turning back at this point. She sat safely in Kurogokegamu as she navigated the crowded roads, raised above the heads of almost all in the crowds. She kept scanning the area around her to see if she might spot a familiar face in the chaos, just one person she already knew would be a comforting sight in such a new experience. "Nova! Hey Nova, it's me Rhys!", Nova swung her head to the left to the source of the gruff voice shouting her name. Head towering over the majority of the crowd much like hers, she saw a man she had not seen in some time. “Rhys! And..... a new friend it seems!”, Nova felt a smile stretch across her face, the worried frown disappearing at the sight of a familiar face. Beside her old mission partner was a “small” rhino, his horn not fully formed and his head adorably oversized. The creature pattered around Kurogokegamu's feet, smelling them with great interest, before flopping over beneath the cage of the 8 legs and kicked up cutely at the black shell. “Where did you come across this one Rhys? He is truly a cute little thing, though little won't be the word to describe him long.” Nova inquired light heartedly.

Nova, Kurogokegamu, Rhys, and the adorable little rhino were in the center of the road, and a the crowd opened around them, people staring at the odd pair conversing. People craned their head to look at the unique genin, those familiar with the roster for the upcoming exams recognizing the spider puppeter as Nova Makato of the Chikamatsu clan and Rhys Kenta of the Kansen-Suru clan, with the tube of magnetic sand strapped to his back.

“so tell me, how have you been? It's been months now... whats changed for you? Where did you go after the chaos in Suna? I ended up making my way to Kiri with a group of monks traveling in that direction, and I think I might stay there for a while after the exams. I've heard rumors of a spider sage there that I might wish to learn from if they will take me.....”

[451 Word count]

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
The mundane of day to day life as a shinobi seemed to vanish before Zetsume's eyes. His once somewhat gloomy looking village was not alive with new faces all around. The city seemed more alive than ever and that was perhaps a good thing. Though the same could not be said for Zetsume who for one hates crowds of people, especially ones from other villages. While everyone was having a good time, Zetsume kept his wits about him while conversing with residence from different villages. Some were merchants trying to sell their product, while others were talking highly of their family member to succeed in the chuunin exams. Zetsume for one did not participate ever in a chuunin exam. His skill was recognized and he flew through ranks, next thing he knew others were calling him Sensei. A word that he detested more than anything. For him, he was just a simple assassin. He was not the friendly type like most see as a sensei. A father figure was something he could not see himself being despite being a teacher to quite a few Kumogakure ninjas. One of which he heard made it to chuunin, Mizuki. In due time he would congratulate her on the accomplishment. Zetsume had once thrown a parade for a winner of the chuunin exams and former student of his, Ashiko, but he tries not to think about her. Last he heard about her was from a traveling Kirigakure shinobi, Nozomi. Not much was to say of her well beings but it was nice to know others knew her and she was not just dead in some battle ground even though it would befit her personality.

Repede on the other hand, Zetsume's dog, was enjoying the attention from everyone. Everyone from the ones that knew him such as civilians in the village, to the ones who just arrived seemed to like him enough. Then again he had a unique blue tinted coating, and rather soft fur. If Zetsume did not like the dog so much he would have probably sold his fur at some point. From person to person the dog made his way through the crowds of people, getting any attention or treats he could before moving to the next victim of his need for attention. Zetsume stayed nearby the pooch just incase anything were to happen, and he hoped nothing bad happens. The last thing he needed was some jumpy outsider making scared decisions that forces Zetsume's had to attack. Then again, not like he was favorited within his village. Most detested him and his manner of fighting. Some even would be so bold as to announce he could be a traitor to Kumogakure because he refuses to wear his protective headband with the Kumogakure symbol imprinted. Zetsume could not honestly find it in his house if he wanted to, he had left it in there for many years and it was lost within in.

Repede was the first to see an unfamiliar creature, and ran over to Zetsume to get his attention. With a little nip on the hand, Zetsume turned to see what Repede wanted him to see. From a distance he could see two people talking, which was not unusual by any means. It was the things near them that worried him. I...Is that a rhinoceros and a.... arachnid like puppet, he thought from a safe distance while observing. In all his years he had never seen two things so... different especially within his village. Naturally curiosity got the best of him and he wanted to try and work on his social skills with outsiders. Zetsume motioned for Repede to follow as he approached the two locked in conversation. If Zetsume actually cared about the Chuunin exams he would have known their names, but such things were boring and useless to him for most the part. He would rather meet them, than read or them.

With a friendly smile, Zetsume tried to get their attention with a hello and wave. With luck they would see him and not be alarmed. With his dark colored jeans, white shirt, and jacket over top, Zetsume looked more like a civilian than a shinobi which might be for the best. Once he got into a range by which he knew they could hear he spoke in a friendly tone unsure if he is interrupting anyone speaking, "Hey, I could not help but to get a closer look at your two. I mean it is not everyday you find these things in Kumogakure and trust me I have lived here long enough to vouch for that. Oh... ahem, sorry, my manners eluded me. My name is Zetsume and this fellow next to me is Repede. You would not happen to be participating in the exams now would you?"

He hoped his intrusion on their conversation was not ill received, but if it was he would take the hint and promptly walk away though that would guarantee that they were going to be watched by him. If all checks out okay he will be on his way. Zetsume took a look at one of the two talking. A pretty tall man, with balding hair and a rather impressive beard. His eyes shifted to the other one, a female with auburn hair, riding what appeared to be a puppet in the shape of a spider. A rather, interesting puppet might he add. He tried not to stare them down, giving a half smile while Repede sat frantically wagging his tail hoping one of the stranger would pet him.

WC:934

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
Nova was deep in conversation with Rhys, recounting her events up to this point to him and catching up on the less important things as well, when out of the corner of her eye she saw a blur of blue fur running up to them. She turned her head and saw a massive canine with an odd coat approach them. His tongue lolling out the side of his mouth. Jogging behind the dog, a man in somewhat plain apparel followed. Finally catching up with his companion the man spoke to the pair, "Hey, I could not help but to get a closer look at your two. I mean it is not everyday you find these things in Kumogakure and trust me I have lived here long enough to vouch for that. Oh... ahem, sorry, my manners eluded me. My name is Zetsume and this fellow next to me is Repede. You would not happen to be participating in the exams now would you?" Nova's face blushed red as the concern that she always held in the back of her head was brought to the surface, that her unusual puppet drew attention to her, She shook the feeling of embarrassment and tried to replace it with one of pride that she was recognized as a participant of the exams.

She leaned the puppet forward, the front end resting on the ground now, and stuck out a hand to the man who introduced himself as Zetsume, “Hello, my name is Nova, lovely to meet you Zetsume. And yes, I am participating in the exams, my first trial is tomorrow. Though im from Suna... I'm representing Kiri for the exams.” She gestured to the tall man besides her, “ And this is Rhys, also competing in the exams. We know each other from a mission a while back” . Repede sat patiently besides his master and wagged his tail rapidly, thunking against the ground over and over. Nova smiled at the dog and leaned over the edge of her puppet, whistling and patting the side of the puppet to call the dog over. Repede, aware that pets were being offered by another person, jumped and put his front paws up on the side of the spider, putting his head in easy reach for Nova to scratch and rub “and nice to meet you Repede” Nova said in a singsong voice, scratching behind his ears with both hands and marveling at how soft his coat was.

After spending more than a moment giving the friendly dog affection, Nova returned her attention to the man who introduced himself, though her hands still mindless rubbed the dogs head and neck, “So Zetsume, you said that you have lived in the area for quite a while? Have you watched the exams before? I watched the girl who took her first exam yesterday, it was quite interesting. Definitely made me a little nervous about what I have to compete against, though I think me and Kurogokegamu here have a decent chance” One hand still massaging the dogs face, she ran her hand over the puppets smooth hull. “ Though I think I may have to start leaving my puppet at home, its draws a fair bit of attention and I don't want people to know all my secrets.” Enjoying the light conversation with a new acquaintance, Nova asked “do you know of anywhere to grab a bite to eat? We could continue our discussion over a meal, and I haven't found a single place to go for one yet.”

[592 word count]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.