View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CIA Empty CIA Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:09 am

Ryo

Ryo

D-rank
Symbol:
CIA GfSseKV

CIA FAHfQ33
Clan Name: 食機関の雨隠れ, The Culinary Institute of Amegakure.
Specialization: Ninjutsu.
Elements: Katon and Suton.

CIA HhU72Pp
Clan History: The CIA has always been a fascinating part of the ninja world. They are rather...unique in ability and temperament, but they have been renowned for completing their given tasks with surprising ease, given the whimsy some of their techniques have. The Institute's main headquarters was once in the Hidden Rain Village. Even after its relative desertion and its destruction by the Shichiouza, the Institute keeps true to its roots by retaining its name of CIA. They vow to feed anyone in need, as their mantra dictates to them; "I live to serve, I aim to please." As such, CIA members are often more employed as domestic chefs, with ninja abilities as a bonus. It's noted that the Institute also has a military advantage; there is no such thing as a blockade in a village with a CIA HQ base. They as a whole refuse to be called a clan, as anyone can join; in addition, their goal is to set up HQs in all Countries of the world.

Members: None yet known.

CIA Y4syLuV
Kekkei Genkai Name: 秘伝: 可食忍法, Secret Techniques: Edible Ninja Arts.
Kekkei Genkai Description:

• Culinary Artistry: The main point of the CIA is food. They can literally spawn food from nothing because of their signature technique, Instant Gourmet; all techniques stem from this technique's theoretical base. These foods can either be used as weapons in themselves or be used as part of a technique. The possibilities of jutsu combinations are only limited by the members' imaginations and knowledge of food, even if they seem similar to the techniques of others.
    Instant Gourmet:
  • Naturale With a Knife: CIA members are the only ninja that have the ability to use "Bukijutsu (Utensils)". Even those untrained in Bukijutsu can use ambient cutlery as E-rank weaponry (for example, Senbon can be used interchangeably with chopsticks). Members receive a 10% ryo cost deduction when purchasing weapons of this category.

• Créme de la Créme: CIA members are trained to be versatile, or just have straight talent; they may learn their third specialization and element at C-rank, and their quaternary at B. They can train their Quaternary Element/Spec up to A-rank for 10000 words, and S-rank for 15,000.

In order to perfect their craft, they regularly utilize combinations of specializations and element, though not to the extent of Advanced Releases. An example of this would be Suiton for a broth and Katon for heat.

Due to their culinary expertise requiring intense precision in their craft, CIA members are able to take the Multitasker positive special characteristic without having to balance it with a negative.

• Signature Dish: Because of their focus on culinary jutsu and dismissal of combat-related techniques, CIA members gain two C-rank jutsu in addition to their normal starting jutsu.

Drawbacks:

• The major drawback of the Institute's focus is that all members can ONLY use culinary ninjutsu, bukijutsu, and whatever other techniques they might come up with; they must either utilize or have to do with food itself, cooking, or another aspect of the field.

• Also, because of the nature of their techniques, all CIA members' jutsu that are composed of food can be eaten. Naturally, some of their effects might make them less than appetizing, but those with Strong Wills (and stomachs) have an advantage over Institute members, even if not a fully direct one. Such drawbacks should be included in jutsu that suffer from being eaten. * One post of eating with tier-3 strength of the jutsu's rank allows one to chew through 1/3 of a meter of a jutsu. This has another 1/3 added onto it for every rank the eater is above the jutsu used.

• In addition, Institute regulations require that anyone who is not overtly an enemy of the ninja must be fed by the clan member if in need of such nourishment. Generally, this may sabotage travel or missions, as the ninja is often quite easily ambushed.

• They start from the basics in all of their endeavors, in order to learn their craft thoroughly and be the absolute best. They must take at least two of the following Special Characteristics without balancing them; two of them cannot be used to balance a Positive Special Characteristic.

The specializations must be learned as-normal from a teacher of Special Jounin or higher rank. Specializations and Elements may only be learned once all currently known Specs and Elements are at least B-rank.

Specialization and Sub-Specialization, and Element Learning/Training requires 15% more words. Learning or training your Quaternary Element/Spec costs 30% more words.
    Special Characteristics:
  • CIA members find that electricity is rather artificial for the purpose of food, compared to the other elements; they forbid the practice of Raiton.

Last edited by Ryo on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

2CIA Empty Re: CIA Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:48 pm

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
My favorite food clan is getting the love'n it deserves! Let's get right on it!

KKG: Your Instant Gormet is good. But aside from food measurements and descriptions of what jutsu created by it can do, and what it can do on its own, you don't need to that it can manipulate foods created by it. In apped jutsu you can achieve this through a case-by-case modding with the jutsu mods. CIA clansmen can also create another passive for this if they want.

Also, I don't mean to stomp on your buffet here but could you also lower the amount of food that's able to be produced? The ability to create 1000 burgers for no chakra cost is kinda, extra. XD

So in short, you can get rid of the last paragraph of Instant Gourmet and let individual sizes for food produced by limited by individual apped jutsu instead. That way it gives a bit more freedom for the clan.

For your Créme de la Créme you can keep the early learning thing, but I ask that you increase both ranks by 1. (Tertiary at C-rank, and Quaternary at B-rank). And for the combining different elements into one jutsu, I'm actually quite intruiged by it, however could you explain it more clearly so that we know what we're dealing with? (Plus it'll help the jutsu mods once this clan gets approved, so pretty please?)

Drawbacks: I love that eating through jutsu drawback XD, however since things are measured in meters could you change it to 1/3 of a meter instead, and it would also make sense that they those with even higher ranks above the jutsu would be able to eat through more, an extra 1/3 for every rank above.

(As a side note, if in the future you make a CIA alt, adding indigestion to these jutsu would be an amazing xD)

Lastly those last two drawback special characteristics don't actually do anything but require that you have a ninja of at least Special Jounin to teach you. Since Tertiary and Quaternary specialization and element training require 1500 words anyways. So could you edit it to require a decently higher word count? Feel free to keep the no ryo cost for them though.

Hopefully I didn't confuse ya too much! I actually wrote more in here than I do on regular posts xD Sorry, but if you got any questions feel free to hit me up on discord.

3CIA Empty Re: CIA Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:52 am

Ryo

Ryo

D-rank
Edits made.

• Removed the second paragraph of Instant Gourmet and added another one that makes it more of a case-by-case for Jutsu Mods.
  • Changed the max for A-Rank to 750 items of normal size and added an S-Rank option, which has a max of 1000 items of normal size.
  • Changed the ranks for learning tertiary and quaternary elements and specializations to C and B from D and C.
  • Simplified the combining elements and specializations section and added that members are able to take the Multitasker SC without having to balance it instead of just being able to use one-handed handseals.
  • Changed the eating to 1/3 meter from 1 cubic foot and added scaling per rank difference.
  • Changed the word counts for From the Ground Up SCs from 1500 to 2000. I kept the difference low since the main point of the drawback is having to train the elements and specializations as a Genin.

Thanks for reviewing my app and for all of the help you've been.

4CIA Empty Re: CIA Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:32 am

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
we don't have jutsu available on clans anymore im sorry, you will have to organize this in a manner that circumvents that, as an enabler for people to make food jutsu, rather than having a food jutsu.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.