You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
It was in the early evening when Mizuki appeared in the Sky Bar on one of the highest floors of the building. At this hour, it was a rather quiet place, allowing people some mote of quietude to conduct business before the masses would storm in for a hefty party of loud noise and wild drinks. Such was the rhythm of the Sky Bar, calm and cool during the day, wild and noisy during the night. Mizuki's favourite place to go out, since forever.

She had invited Julius for this evening, after having proposed him a mission she believed to allow a better view and use of his defensive jutsu, and after having taken a look at his dossier at the Administration. It seemed he was known in Kumogakure, but not affiliated to them. Respected enough for bringing a few missions to a good end, but not trusted enough like their own shinobi would be. No matter, new information on their plans had moved a lot of the shinobi forces to prepare for a mass offensive against the rising threat. Mizuki had jumped on that mission with such fervour it was almost scary - she had a score to settle, after all.

For this meet-up, Mizuki had dressed herself up. She hated the idea of having to come here in her usual flak jacket, ruining the mood of the Sky Bar with her 'official business' attire, and had instead opted for a black blouse with short sleeves which covered the navy blue long skirt below it just a little. Unfortunately, she was unable to dispose of the habit of bringing her katana with her, and thus even now her weapon was positioned about her waist. Some habits simply wouldn't die.

Greeting the bar keep she knew so well, she stuck around for a small chat, requested a table for two and was pointed at one. Ordering a Blue Skies cocktail, she took place at the free table and quietly awaited the arrival of Julius while she sipped from her drink, pondering upon the questions she certainly wanted to have answered. His origins of chakra molding, his actual affiliation, who his sister was and what attracted them to Kumogakure exactly... those were only a few, not counting the ones she might need to know about his talents to undertake this dangerous mission.

The mission in question, so she knew, was a quick-in, quick-out raid on most of the known headquarters of the most renowned gangs. The trouble was, a couple of these were no push-overs. They were known to kill special jounin, and even put jounin in a tough spot when they ganged up. Master assassins, brutal thugs. The ones she had dealt with before the organised feud sounded like training when she heard the other shinobi talk about the Steel Tooth and the Black Alligators. She mildly wondered if she was up to task as she remembered how she had ended in hospital just for stepping in their territory. What had they told her again...? She was marked for death. A bounty on her head for snooping around in the slums too long. Mizuki was fairly certain they wouldn't have forgotten that. But even though she was stronger than in those days, she had no real means to measure her capabilities aside from attempting the mission with a group of people.

Mizuki took another sip of her cocktail, mentally shaking her head as she let go of those dark memories. She had a squad, and had invited Julius Midas to this. With the four of them, they certainly should stand a chance for most of the part. If need be, she could call them back to safety and forfeit the mission to preserve their safety, since the last thing she wanted was to blood of her allies on her hands.

As she remained sunken in thoughts, occasionally nipping on her drink, she spotted movement in the corner of her eyes. It seemed Julius had arrived.

Julius Midas

Julius Midas

D-rank
Julius had been rather taken back by the invitation to come to the sky bar of all places. It was fairly lavish and he had considered it well out of his budget for comfort. It was rumored to be a dignified establishment. One of the highest and most established ratings within all of the village and beyond. He wasn't sure why they would meet there of all places but it made him sincerely doubt she intended to test out his chakra molding capabilities further. Still he was on edge. Such a place was not one he was accustomed to. He held himself formally where ever he went and yet he wasn't high class himself. He was from the lower class. Raised by the master of mercenaries. Thugs and the like were more common to him than any of the benefactors that he rarely met. Usually only interacting with their servants to receive payment of further instruction. Usually just complaints. Even their serving staff had looked down on them as they were just hired help for a dirty job. Nothing illegal but unpleasant all the same. He was accustomed to mercenaries being the lowest of man and for him to be invited somewhere so lavish was exciting. It was a pity he couldn't bring Cleo as of yet but in due time.

For now Julius was riding the lift up towards the top floor of a rather lavish building. Even the servant staff was all in clean pressed uniforms and professional. Not a thread out of place. He would inhale the scent of the place and realize the entirety of the building was perfumed rather pleasantly. Luckily Julius didn't seem out of place at first glance in the slightest. Black slacks over shined dress shoes were sized to him by himself. Thread and needle taking patience but that in itself was a virtue. A white turtleneck was almost hidden behind a black petticoat. The marble buttons going up at an angle from his left hip to his right lower chest. The collar itself was high but showed his neck and some of his chest with broad shoulders. His dark hair was slicked back in a way that let his ice blue eyes shine as he watched the village disappear below. The clear windows of the lift showing him as much. His hands would reside within his jacket pockets but he was smiling at the view all the same.

Still it would only last a couple of minutes before the lift would come to a slow stop and the attendant would announce they had arrived. Julius would smile once more and turn to exit the lift. Tipping the attendant five ryo before stepping free of it to allow an older couple entry. With that done the host would inquire as to who he was. Taking the name of one Julius Midas as he checked his list. With that done the host would inform Julius where his table was and that the other member of his party was already waiting. With that Julius would raise a brow. Both out of concern if he was late and out of relief that he was not the first to arrive. With that he would glance to the table in question and make eye contact with her. The chunnin that had monitored his unfair wager. He would nod his head before removing his hands from his pockets and making his way over to the table. A rather secluded spot. He would stop there to place his right hand on the back of his chair while his left would cross his chest before he bowed his head ever so slightly. Straightening himself as he took on the appearance of a practiced gentleman. Not yet taking his seat without an invitation to do so. Still he would speak up with an amused tone.

"How wonderful to see you again lady Raiu Mizuki. I must admit it has been a pleasure each time more than the last. I do hope I am not too late as I see you have already ordered a drink?"

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
As Julius arrived in the Sky Bar, well-dressed and looking like a true dashing gentleman, he was being shown the table were Mizuki sat. They made eye contact, and merely a moment later he stood at her table, waiting for her approval to sit down.

"No, you are right on time, Midas-san. I had simply arrived too early on purpose as this is easily one of my favoured places. But, please, sit with me. I'm sure the Sky Bar will do better than a tense area such as the Battle Plateau.", she gestured towards the chair waiting next to him.

As Julius would take a seat, Mizuki gently placed the menu card in his direction. She didn't really need one considering the amount of years she came here, but force of habit by the waiters always caused her to end up with one. Usually, she'd return the menu with a thank you, but in this case she had kept it, thinking it wasn't such a bad idea to keep it with her considering Julius wouldn't be as familiar with the Sky Bar like she was.

Matter of keeping up the small talk before straight forward delving into the thick of the discussion, Mizuki asked, "I hope the road to the Sky Bar went well?".

It wasn't that the Sky Bar was hard to miss what with the heights it reached, but oddly enough people often seemed to get lost in their attempt to reach it, so occupied keeping their eyes on the rising building that they didn't pay attention to their surroundings. While she didn't assume Julius to suffer a similar fate, she was aware that Kumogakure had become increasingly more dangerous with criminal activities rising sensitively in amount. Investigations aplenty, but no matter the amount of reports, curbing one head only seemed to grow two new ones instead. It was only normal she wondered about the safety of another considering how aware she was of the slums' activity - for a chuunin.

Total: 1013

Julius Midas

Julius Midas

D-rank
Julius would smile and tilt his head as she returned his reply. Apparently she frequented this place often. That surprised him as he had never thought of the high life a place for many daughters of dojo instructors. She had said as much but he hadn't realized the success her clan had. Or perhaps it was far more than that. Was this the difference in power between the genin and chunnin of this village? Did the opportunities for wealth surpass each other by that much? Of course with all inquisitive minds Julius's own left a small spot open for a much darker alternative. A person of rank within the village would be of some use to many of the gangs he had encountered. Each striving for power more than the next. He doubted one gang would pay enough for a lavish hobby but if she sold her services to the highest bidder...access to the village would be far easier. Knowing when one was about to be raided preserved lives and wealth as well. Still it would be rude to ask and even ruder to accuse. Not that it mattered enough to him anyway. After all, His sister and himself were mercenaries currently not bound to the village itself.

He would smile at the offer for a chair and pull his own seat out. Slipping free of his coat as despite the height the temperature was rather comfortable. His coat being placed on the back of the chair as she compared the place to the battle plateau. He would make a small hum noise in response with a broader smile that showed some white teeth. Oh yes, she had seen his antics before and likely was wise to his games. Though not entirely to the why of his games. His ice blue eyes would look to hers a moment as she indicated his chair while he would shift to the front of it. Settling down on its cushion as he scooted in a little. She would pass him a menu card and he would nod his thanks a moment. Taking it as he glanced to it before his breath would catch. It was a visible flinch but he played it off nervously with a cough. The menu prices were well beyond his budget. After his sisters bundle of arrows their remaining wealth was...well they had yet to fully repair the ship. He would look over the menu all the same until she spoke again. Casually setting the menu down with no intentions of ordering anything.

"Though the garden maze was filled with hounds the bird flying above feared it not." With that he would sip his water and adjust his shirt a little before glancing back to her once more. Smiling with a hint of mischief. "That is to say I avoided any trivial danger such as getting lost in a less reputable part of town by sticking to the roofs. A fairly straight shot from there. Yet I have my doubts you summoned me here simply to see if I was incapable of finding this beacon. If I may be so bold...what is it your after? Such a lavish place leads me to believe your sugaring me up for something."

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
She nodded at his precautions. It was a good thing to be save, considering how dangerous the slums were. The gangs that ruled there weren't shy of setting foot outside the slums in search of retaliation, and everyone they considered meek or weak could just as easily been picked as a target for their games.

"It is better to avoid the slums where possible. They do not shy from attacking strangers and have formed a lot of difficulties for civilians and shinobi alike."

It was an uphill battle, to be fair. After her investigations on what had seemed as an 'innocent' turf feud, shinobi forced had discovered increasingly more information on an all out gamble where the strongest gangs would plainly conquer the slums as quietly as possible before focusing on the rest of the city. How it had been able to come to this, she couldn't say for certain, but she knew that if she had so much as the slightest means to put the insurrection to an end, she would do so.

That said, it seemed Julius had no intention to proceed with small talk or casual conversation. While his suspicions that her invitation wasn't just to spend an evening out were spot on, she had hoped nonetheless to find the time to spend a normal evening for a change. Such moments of company seemed to have become increasingly more rare as more people left, disappeared or died in the eternal 'war-state' that seemed to be the shinobi force.

Taking a sip of her cocktail as if to switch her mental stance from casual to business, Mizuki crossed her legs, her turquoise eyes resting calmly on Julius as she searched for her words.

"Your chakra molding ability piqued my interest. I had first taken you for a lucrative trader who was able to afford himself a nice set of clothing, but your wager with Tomohiro-san shattered that civic image.", she stated. "So I did some research on you and your sister, Cleo Midas, talked with some fellow guards and patrolling shinobi."

Having only dropped this, she mostly aimed to discover to what extend Julius was aware of the real power of a shinobi spying network. Trained guard, outposts at control points, those were common sight, considering the Daimyo and many other landlords tended to have those as a mote of control over their territory, and as such easy to assume that the shinobi of Kumogakure enforced a similar state of affairs. Few knew the real workings of a shinobi network when they were not part of it.

"You are both affiliated to a mercenary company that's rumoured to be growing in popularity and name outside of Kumogakure, and your crashed airship was discovered near an abandoned mine. You are both registered at the Administration, and known to undertake missions in support of Kumogakure, which I can only commend as exemplary behaviour considering you had the choice of avoiding the radar just as much."

Most of the duos general information came from those administrative reports exactly. Size, weight, general abilities and equipment, things like this which had been declared by them or spotted before or afterwards by shinobi. But patrols, scouts and spies venturing outside the Village spotted things just as much, and often relied on the eyes and ears of other people from the streets. Though gossip was something to be careful with, if the general populace was aware of things, there had to be some truth behind it. The mercenary company wasn't completely unknown, but the general information was far to be found. While it lacked the details necessary to make a good assessment of its power and values, the fact it existed was worth an investigation - what did a mercenary company aim to achieve in Kumogakure, and would this impact the shinobi forces?

"But there are a few things the reports unfortunately do not state, such as your actual intentions. Intention that seemingly drive you to wager with shinobi rather than continue accepting missions as you have formerly done. So, assuming you make use of a mine that was deemed too dangerous to continue to work in as a means to rebuild your airship, I can only wonder... Why were you setting course for Kumogakure?"

Total: 1729

Julius Midas

Julius Midas

D-rank
Julius would tilt his head as she made mention of the slums. Apparently it was worse than he had realized and he had made a quality decision avoiding them entirely. Some thugs were within his capabilities to at least intimidate but for the most part he had dodged a wound or two there. Possibly even death. How interesting it was to accidentally come so close to ones demise. He would smile to the serving girl as she came buy and set down a crystal glass for him. Filling it with water and placing a slice of cucumber on top. She would inquire if he was ready to order. Of course his pocket book wouldn't allow it and he wasn't about to admit it. Instead he implied quietly he was fine for now. Still as soon as she was gone the lady across would continue speaking. His eyes would slowly shift to her to hide his surprise when she brought up his sisters name. She was the leader of his troupe and he was looking not to involve her in politics. In many ways he served her. Still he would lock eyes with the woman and watch her now. His blue eyes less cocky now and more studying her.

She was watching him in return. So he would force himself to grow comfortable. Relaxing his shoulders and arching an eyebrow as he collected his glass of water. The cucumber gave off a slight scent making it seem that much more fresh. Still he would sit back in his chair with his right foot coming up to rest on his left knee. He would sip on the water as she continued. Mentioning the extent of their knowledge of his sister and himself. They had already discovered which mercenary group they were with and the extent of its influence. That part surprised him due to Kumo's known singularity status. It separated itself from the other nations harshly. A self sustaining nation but with its leaders primarily focused on power over negotiations. He had known it was dangerous to move in when they came but their intelligence was more on par with his own organizations than he had thought. Still she even mentioned the location of their base of operations was known. Likely she already knew the coal he had sold technically belonged to the village as it was from the abandoned mine they sent others on missions for. Still she didn't bring it up and as such he swallowed some water and replied with his usual smile.

"We might have attempted to stay under the radar but I doubt we would have managed long. Your village already knows an impressive amount. Better to make decent first impressions no?"

He would chuckle a little at the idea of making a poor impression. He doubted they would have been heard from again. Still an airship had turned out to be a poor transport vehicle for a land of lightning. Or rather they didn't have Kumo's technology to prevent damage from lightning at the time. Still he would sip his water again as she continued. She was certainly an inquisitive woman. Capable of coming to conclusions and retrieving information as needed. Her questions of why he was placing wagers and his intentions in Kumo were certainly well founded. If they had ill intentions of course the twins would face scrutiny and possible death or embarrassment of being thrown from the lands. Instead he would set his glass down and fold his hands in his lap. He appeared every bit the diplomat he had been raised to be. His eyes focusing on hers now as he smiled. Speaking in a calm tone.

"A name, a simple thing to call a person and yet it carries weight. Let me address the wager first. We need to expand our relations to include shinobi of the village in order to leave a more direct impression. Why the unfair standards though? I wanted to leave an impression. To appear immovable, untouchable and to do so with ease. A shinobi has to place their life on the line on a mission and why not do it with someone that can protect you so soundly? Rather than a supposed shinobi you know nothing of. As for the victory of it, to take a mission with me, Now he knows I am capable of immortalizing him. At least at that rank."

With that said Julius would lift his left hand over the glass of water and slowly rotate his middle finger along the rim of the glass. At first it only gave off the slightest ring before his intentions were revealed. Responding to his chakra nature the water began to follow the direction of his finger. Swirling and mixing with the slightly green water near the top. Letting the cucumber flavor fill more of the water. His eyes watching it as he swirled the water and spun his explanation further." He will go on the mission with me with high expectations I can meet. After all I only showed my initial hand. I have more cards. With him going in expecting good things and then receiving them his report will reflect much better on me. Why do I desire that though? My end goals? As a corporation we seek only legal work within our means. In truth I want to be noticed in a good light. To meet with the Raikage in order to discuss terms for allowing our organization to work here officially. Less of the villages men lost in place of mercenaries working for the same wages and taxed more heavily. A difficult concept it would seem with a country that has stood on its own for all of its life."

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
Mizuki listened to Julius' explanation calmly, taking another sip of her drink. Hearing him provide the few pieces of the puzzle that she was missing, the bigger picture made sense from his point of view. There were a few things she considered to be an odd approach towards things, but such were the differences between the points of view of people. Where Julius considered the necessity of unfair standards in a wager to be the right way, she would have made it more interesting for the both of them. The worst she could do was consider his execution flawed, but certainly not a danger or an attempt to infiltration.

She understood his point of view. Yes, during a mission with a squad, a defensive specialist was a mighty fine addition much like one could always appreciate an iryo-nin, but she disliked the assumption of 'immortality' that Julius attached to it. Immortality was nothing better than an illusion. Even history had taught them this much: immortality, the revival of the dead, always came with a price higher than it was worth. Still, Mizuki wouldn't hold it against the man for believing in such illusions of grandeur - she'd consider it fancy symbolism, and leave it at that.

His goals revealed, Mizuki understood his intentions to raise the reputation of the mercenary company even here, going so far as to find ways to back his reputation with solid shinobi reports. While the thoughts were good, there seemed to be two flaws. The first one was that Tomohiro was a genin. His lack of experience didn't allow him to write reports of a such detailed level that jounin would consider them... complete. She had suffered likewise experience before, always being offered more unanswered questions. Work points to improve on, as they called it. So why did Julius relate on the reports of genin as a means to back his reputation? It would be better to reach out to special jounin for that matter.
The second flaw was the fact that outsiders were not given insight in the report. Whatever Tomohiro would write down, Julius would only be able to assume the reports to be in his favour. A shinobi was not to give away the exact content of reports to anyone else but those that it was intended for. While Mizuki guessed that Julius was just hoping for the best, it wasn't something she'd personally take so for granted. Again, the difference in personality and points of view became apparent.

"I understand what you aim to do. Your idea sounds noble, but unfortunately mercenary companies are generally not viewed with that sort of philosophy. It remains difficult to believe that, even with reports working in your favour, the other members of your company will walk the same path you have walked. Similarly, what stops your mercenaries, should they be allowed to settle here, from picking up contracts in favour of crime lords or other forces working against Kumogakure?"

The idea of a neutral party was not that bad, but neutrality could easily be considered a liability for the Village. A double-edged sword that could easily cut in Kumogakure's own hands. While it was certainly not up to Mizuki to make a decision concerning the approval of a mercenary company, she believed it was still her duty to provide as much info to the Raikage before he made any concluding decisions.

Total: 2303

Julius Midas

Julius Midas

D-rank
Julius would lean back as she would bring up the issues of his company. How mercenaries were viewed without much favor due to their possible loyalty changes. It was fairly common sense he admitted. Most mercenaries were but dogs scrounging around for coins in exchange for their life. The temptation of larger amounts often pulled them away from the more legal sides of everything. Laws meant little to men who shed blood just for riches. That was what impression mercenaries of the past had brought upon the masses. He would sigh inwardly at the facts laid out before him. He had come across as much before. The truth was words meant little in exchange for the evidence of the past. He had been fighting that since he began book keeping for the Iron falls as a child. Still she was rather relaxed. It wasn't an accusation against him which was a good sign. She would be willing to receive evidence if provided. Not that he had much to offer. Truth be told even the written word was still words. However he would smile and speak in return. An attempt at comforting the unease of mercenaries was of more worth than simply giving up because it seems difficult,

"Ah yes, Mercenaries, the dogs of war. I admit the warlords of the land have a great many men at their disposal simply paid to fight, kill and die. A bleak outlook caused by mercenaries left and right. Yet there are those, men and women that are above that. People like my sister and myself who live by a code of honor. You speak of the dogs you have seen when I bring a pack of wolves to kneel before your nation. Of course, there is more than simply word of mouth to ease your mind."

With that he would reach into his coat with his right hand. Some might find it odd that he would keep such a thing on his person but it had sentimental value to him. Besides that it was a good visual aid to have for those who needed evidence as she did now. He would pull his hand from his coat and a small scroll bound with a thin iron chain would be produced. With a touch of his finger and a tiny amount of chakra the chain would come undone and swivel back into the end cap of the scroll. With that done he would reverently hand it to her. Speaking as he did. His eyes studying her again."We have our written code of honor and ethics. Enforced by us along with the village. A law we can not break. Our own members will hunt and deal out the punishment to the traitor fitting the crime and they will be stricken from our ranks. The Iron Falls takes this very seriously. Even to the point of death." The scroll itself was light but the paper was worn a little. Even though he had taken strides to tend to its care it was obvious it was old. He had to have had it from a very young age. As his signature was on the bottom of it. The scroll reading as such.

I, (Julius Midas), Do swear to serve in the interests of the company known as Iron Falls. I will not act against its interests in any way. Upon entering any country housing an Iron Falls division house I will not act in any way that may harm that country. I understand Iron Falls is a neutral company with any nation allowing it to act on its soil and will not act in the interests of any other nation or person that seeks to harm any nation the company resides in. I also accept that my deeds will be made public knowledge and my file will be made readily available to the Kage of each nation I work in and regularly updated. If I break any of these rules I also accept that I will be removed from the membership roster of the organization and subject to the laws of the nation I acted against in so far as being hunted by the organization.

Midas Julius

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
The Iron Falls. They seemed to hold more than just a code of conduct. When Julius revealed the parchment and rolled it open, she could read the words that formed his contract. Were it not for the lack of Fuinjutsu, she'd have considered every bit valuable like a contract with Sage animals or Summons. While, yes, he could tell her everything he wanted the way he wanted about what the Iron Falls were, the authenticity of the contract brought more than just words to the table.

The words written on the scroll were different to those she had laid eyes on. It actually held a clause indicating its neutrality, and the preservation of the nation they were located in, going so far as to indicate reporting and enforcement of the contract by the kage. Mizuki leaned back, her eyes resting on the scroll as she thought about its contents. This wasn't something to take lightly. Though there was a small chance that it was a forgery still, the age on the parchment was visible and the words they held weren't the kind that could be thought off at a whim.

She liked it... but she was also worried, with the new raikage leading the Village, what that could mean for the Iron Falls. While she couldn't predict Hastur's actions, she had a feeling he might like the sense of submission to the kage's authority, or at least the notion of not going against him. The question remained to what extend he considered a mercenary company useful for Kumogakure.

"An unusual contract, but I can see why the Iron Falls are growing in influence."

Having a headquarter in every Village... It offered possibilities to both contracting parties. As a diplomat, it intrigued her as such a contract of neutrality could offer an opportunity to enrich the relations between Kumogakure and the other Villages, but if she saw the opportunity... war-mongering Villages would catch on just as quick, using it as their Trojan horse.

"I'm intrigued, and would like to know more about the Iron Falls. However, my duties will soon force me to travel the land and as such I'm afraid I have little time to delve deeper into what your company could mean for Kumogakure."

She would write a report for the Raikage to read, bringing him to the attention of the Iron Falls as well as their growing influence. Whether that meant they would be an ally or threat, was up to Hastur to decide, but she felt it necessary nonetheless.

"If you don't mind telling me where I could find these country housings, I'll be sure to visit them when I can."

Total: 2758

Julius Midas

Julius Midas

D-rank
Julius would watch her look over the list. It had been the first time he had noted some genuine interest from her. It appeared his phase with the genin would only be an addition to this meeting with a chunnin. He had intended to rouse the curiosity of the Kage himself but someone who at least considered herself connected was certainly an advantage. So long as he kept a good impression. His blue eyes ever studying her as he took another drink of his water. Drinking it down to about the halfway point as the cucumber pressed against his upper lip. The water was cool and refreshing after his trek here from the ship. It soothed his throat and seemed to make breathing just that much more comfortable. He supposed he should increase his intake of water. Even is such a moist climate as Kumogakure dehydration wasn't much fun. For all his skills in the medical arts he wasn't one to simply ignore his body. Still hers was...his gaze shifted to admire her only briefly as her eyes were distracted with the contract. She looked to be right around his age with admirable features. Something else suggested a purity that was both tasteful and desired.

However she spoke again. Acknowledging the Iron falls and how its growth was somewhat warranted. His eyes watched hers as he waited for a but. There was always a but as people sought the upper hand in negotiations. Every time he heard it he knew he was in for a tale. How they should pay less or be paid for damages. Some sort of unwarranted desire based on greed usually. Not that he minded. It was just a part of negotiation. A back and forth that he needed the last word in. As she continued it made itself known. She was going to be leaving the village. The location he was currently attempting to accomplish something in. Her help in his goals would be limited after all. He knew it was coming though so his smile hardly faltered. A practiced sales mans expression. He couldn't show any falter when negotiating with customers. They only respected a strong front. Usually anyway. Some bend was required. Besides he didn't see any harm in her last request. Wishing to know the location of the other houses. One of which being within Kiri's borders but as a kumo nin that was her problem.

"Of course. As soon as I get that back from you I would be happy to release that information. However I do the majority of the book keeping for the organization. Each house reports to me and I filter out what I need to. Joining is also through me. A pain but it allows for proper evaluation."

With that he would stop the passing server. Getting a blank piece of paper from her and her pen. She would wait as he would scribble down three addresses. One for Konoha, one for Iwa and one for Kiri. It was public locations in no way hidden after all. Still he would provide the pen back to the waitress before folding the piece of paper into a triangle and handing it to Mizuki. Collecting his own scroll if it was offered back to him. At his touch the thin silver chain would wrap around the scroll once more. Pocketing it into his breast pocket where he originally collected it from. He would once more sip from his water. Setting the mostly empty glass down as he folded his hands on the table. Examining her like always.

"Was that all you called me up her for today? A personal inquiry into the life of a debonair Gentleman?"

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
Mizuki handed back the contract to Julius once she had finished reading it. While a copy of the contract would be an interesting addition to the report she was about to write to show exactly what sort of contract the Iron Falls provided, Mizuki thought that they wouldn't be so eagerly available. That was, until Julius mentioned that he did most of the book keeping and inscriptions. That meant he knew most of the members, but did that make him the leader of the Iron Falls or was he rather the representative and scout?

Julius requested pen and paper from a waiter and scribbled down the addresses of the Iron Fall locations currently active. When he had passed the note, folded in a triangle, she thanked him and opened it to take a brief look. Konoha, Iwa and Kirigakure. The last one bothered her, as that one would be difficult to reach. Granted, she had to be in Kirigakure anyway for her diplomatic mission, but that didn't make it easier. There was no saying how Kiri-nin would react when a Kumogakure representative would arrive to bring the Raikage's 'business card', if you could call the rods like that, while checking upon a mercenary company. No matter... it still had to be done as this was a mission given by the Raikage himself. She wasn't allowed to fail at this.

Folding the paper again, she tucked it away into her pockets. Julius' question about her inquiry made her consider that there were probably a dozen more questions she could ask about the Iron Falls, but time, diplomacy and her current shinobi rank restricted her from delving much deeper. Instead, she give him a wry smile as an answer.

"You could say that, yes."

She had initially aimed for a more casual conversation with a revelation of her genuine interest, but it seemed the evening had taken on a more formal direction instead. Perhaps there would be another time where business wouldn't meddle in the affairs for a change. Mizuki had yet to make a few preparations before she could leave the Village tomorrow in the morning and the night was already quietly approaching. Diplomacy wise, she understood that she couldn't dig much deeper. This wasn't an interrogation of a prisoner wherein she attempted to break the man - and gods forbid she'd ever have to do such a thing. No, after her report, the next step would be one where she'd enter the workings of the Iron Falls herself. Become a full member, if not to have it easier to keep an eye on the workings of the mercenary company within Kumogakure, then as a liaison between the shinobi forces and the mercenaries. That decision to become a full member was not one she could just make here and now. As a chuunin, she'd have to know what the Raikage thought about all of this, unlike a jounin who was far more experienced and entitled to make such decisions on his own.

Mizuki took a brief look at the watch on her left wrist, the light of the spots above their table reflected in its silver colour. Time seemed not to care about slowing down to leave room for something else. Thinking about the chores she had yet to do before leaving, she decided it was better to leave now than to linger around and ending up having to rush everything at the last minute. She'd need the peace of mind for the task ahead.

"I wished we could converse a little more but I have preparations to make before I leave Kumogakure tomorrow. Would you like to accompany me for a while?"

Mizuki finished her drink and stood up. She'd wait for Julius if he joined her for a brief walk towards the exit, and if not, she'd bow towards him and wish him good luck in his endeavours. Either way, a brief stop at the bar would happen, where she'd pay for her drinks and bid the barman, a familiar face by now, goodbye, before she'd step into the elevator. Once outside, if Julius was with her, she'd bow towards him to thank him for the company and say her goodbyes. Much like she had done when she left the Battle Plateau, she would leave the area with a Body Flicker Technique again as the technique was slowly becoming as much of a socially awkard habit as was the one of consistently carrying her katana around with her.

[EXIT]

Total: 3523

Training:

Julius Midas

Julius Midas

D-rank
Exit thread

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.