You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A not Uncommon Entrance. Empty A not Uncommon Entrance. Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:25 pm

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
'It had been a while.‘

Hanbei hadn't been to the world of the Namahage for some time, crossing over into this plane was something that was normally reserved for ancient sages and high priests. Though the world was not entirely alien to him, she'd been here a couple of times before from invitation from another resident, though she didn't much appreciate the idea of simply being pulled from konoha into the region of spirits as the middle realm could be dangerous. Though it seemed they had a good enough reason this time around to do so... The world around here was lit with lanterns that illuminated the night air, stalls lining the streets as the spirits seemed to have donned attires and visage's to not disturb the hundreds of human visitors that were not flooding the streets.

'The spectacle was amazing.'

It would take moments before the young girl was walking along the street with a bag of dango in hand looking for someone who was a little more noticeable, it seemed that there were all sorts of people moving around, many of them ninja rushing to and fro carrying some form of long strips of paper in their hands. The girl didn't seem to quite understand, so, looking for someone to explain the whole mess for her. Spying one in particular, moving over to them as it seemed that they had recently completed a task, she seemed to be a ninja, though it was hard to determine where from. Approaching from behind Hanbei would tug lightly on her garb and ask with one of her more naive and slightly more pathetic tones.

"Umm, excuse me ma'am, but, I was just wondering, I understand this is a festival, but, everyone seems to be in a really big hurry, would you be able to uh, maybe, spare a moment and help me understand what's going on?"

[322]

2A not Uncommon Entrance. Empty Re: A not Uncommon Entrance. Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:34 pm

Nozomi

Nozomi

D-rank
Nozomi was still basking in the glow of her more recent victory in the race she had just been in, having collected one of the five wins to qualify for the championship cup, when she was approached by a rather cute individual, who tugged lightly on her shirt.

Usually a little more cautious than to just let someone approach her with such ease, Nozomi knew it was safe for her to let her guard down in this place. She had seen people be slaughtered and be safe only moments afterward, as if the whole encounter had only been a genjutsu. There were no real consequences at this place that she had seen so far.

"Spare a moment? Sure, anything for a cutie like yourself. I don't really know a lot myself, but this festival seems to have all sorts of fun things to do around it. Completing tasks and having fun seems to give tickets which can be turned in for prizes and stuff like that, but that's not even the best part of it. There's this tournament, that's like an obstacle course, and if you win 5 different types of matches, you qualify as a contender for the championship cup, and I'm gunna be the winner of it all! I think tournaments of skill are incredibly fun and the prizes are just extra bonuses, but I know most people are more prize focused. Of course, everyone is rushing to get as many tickets as possible, so they can win fantastic prizes from this place, and the Yokai are pretty interesting to most of them. I only recognize some of them from Anbu masks I've seen worn around, but I'm not much of a Demonoligist." She said, flashing a smile to the cute girl.

"My names Nozomi Himitsu, by the way. You'll probably hear it more when I win the Championship." She realized that she had forgotten to introduce herself, and nervously adjusted her headband, which hung from her neck. The adjusting thing had become a bit of a nervous tick that she had developed as it helped remind her that she was a strong ninja from the most powerful nation of shinobi.

WC: 365

Last edited by Nozomi on Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : color and wc)

3A not Uncommon Entrance. Empty Re: A not Uncommon Entrance. Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:05 am

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
'It was quite a lot to take in...‘

"Spare a moment? Sure, anything for a cutie like yourself. I don't really know a lot myself, but this festival seems to have all sorts of fun things to do around it. Completing tasks and having fun seems to give tickets which can be turned in for prizes and stuff like that, but that's not even the best part of it. There's this tournament, that's like an obstacle course, and if you win 5 different types of matches, you qualify as a contender for the championship cup, and I'm gunna be the winner of it all! I think tournaments of skill are incredibly fun and the prizes are just extra bonuses, but I know most people are more prize focused. Of course, everyone is rushing to get as many tickets as possible, so they can win fantastic prizes from this place, and the Yokai are pretty interesting to most of them. I only recognize some of them from Anbu masks I've seen worn around, but I'm not much of a Demonoligist... My names Nozomi Himitsu, by the way. You'll probably hear it more when I win the Championship."

Hanbei lit up happily like a fire-cracker after finding that the person was willing and helpful, her smile broadly lit across her face as she listened intently to all of the information that was being given, devouring it like a supper as she thought about the implications of the tasks that were being given, if the Yokai were testing humans, perhaps this was a chance to impress the Yokai and gain more influence amongst naraka as a whole. It was a fine opportunity to be sure, but how to find out. Then there was the thought of the Championship... this Nozomi seemed to be pretty sure she was going to win, she seemed pretty strong, her muscle tone and stature were top of the line for a ninja in an anatomical sense, she was certainly a physical person who likely trained in a martial art of some form. Whether it be with the blade or simply martially.

'though, cutie?'

It seemed that the Yokai here had something interesting going on for sure. Hanbei couldn't help but think that the prizes from this world would be something worth nabbing for herself. There was a plethora of grand treasures that the Yokai liked to hold onto, whether they be dragons, kappa, mountain spirits or other strange beings. Many of those treasures had interesting properties and powerful effects that could not be replicated in the human world. It seemed a prime opportunity had come before the Special Jounin, and maybe, just maybe, there was a way that this ninja before her was able to help.

"Wow! That's amazing! So, how many of them have you won? What were the trials you've done so far!? Are they hard? How did you win them!? Where do you go to sign up?"

A swathe of questions would leave Hanbei's lips as excitement seemed to swell up within the ninja who, to the onlooker, could not have been any stronger or old enough to be a chuunin, tops. Hanbei was hoping to use any of the information gained from Nozomi to give her an advantage in any of the coming trials. Even if it was little more than a heads up, it would be handy, but she was banking on the idea that Nozomi wouldn't see Hanbei as a threat, the Kumogakure head-band tied around her arm showing some little nature as a ninja.

[636]

4A not Uncommon Entrance. Empty Re: A not Uncommon Entrance. Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:56 pm

Nozomi

Nozomi

D-rank
To her, it appeared that Hanbei was quite excited that Nozomi had actually stopped to address her questions. Not only that, but she was very interested in finding out as much as she could about the Obstacle course, and it was evident that she liked to at least watch tournaments, if not participate herself. There was some similarity between the two of them, and Nozomi couldn't help but smile herself. The people around here were quite interesting to say the least, and the Kumo headband on Hanbei's arm meant that she was from their world, and wasn't just another demon. Maybe she'd keep an eye on her progress to see if this girl was worth tracking down in the normal world, although she didn't have much interest in going back to Kumogakure anytime soon.

Nozomi's answer came by pretty quickly, as she didn't mind talking about her race. It was public domain, and she didn't mind telling anyone who might be a potential competitor, as it would make things more interesting for her later. "I've only had the one done so far, a race. That's kind of my thing though, so it wasn't really all that difficult, although I'll be on my way to another one pretty soon. The race was pretty straight forward, just complete three laps around the course. The only catch was there are sickle wielding weasels that are trying to stop you from doing so. It wasn't hard, I just knocked everyone off the course and gained an insurmountable lead from the start. Probably could have done it without even doing that, but insurance is good."

WC: 271

5A not Uncommon Entrance. Empty Re: A not Uncommon Entrance. Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:32 am

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
'The quaint child looked up in awe.‘

"I've only had the one done so far, a race. That's kind of my thing though, so it wasn't really all that difficult, although I'll be on my way to another one pretty soon. The race was pretty straight forward, just complete three laps around the course. The only catch was there are sickle wielding weasels that are trying to stop you from doing so. It wasn't hard, I just knocked everyone off the course and gained an insurmountable lead from the start. Probably could have done it without even doing that, but insurance is good."

It seemed this woman was talking about Kamaitachi, or KazeKama depending on the whole thing, it seemed that Hanbei was going to have to find an old Calendar if she was going to have to deal with that race in particular, although it was good to just see another ninja from her world rather than the seemingly hundreds of normal people that seemed to swarm the event like this. If Hanbei didn't know better she would assume that almost anybody had been invited to the festival without a thought as to numbers, country affiliation or anything else of the sort, as much as there had been a strict warning against violence, Hanbei was certain that there would be a couple of inter village squabbles that would get a couple of mortals thrown out of here for sure... but as long as she stayed away from things like that she was sure that everything was going to be fine. The information on the race was something of a god-send, being thrown up against those vicious weasels was something that the Guanyin didn't exactly want to have to deal with without some notice.

'At least, not this time...'

"Thank you so much! Uh, My name's Hanbei, Hanbei Guanyin, you may remember me, a few years back I came third in the chuunin exams. I'm not exactly the best at things, but joining in the obstacles seems like it might be fun! Though I wouldn't worry about being cut by one of those sneaky little devils, the blades of a Kamaitachis' sickle don't actually hurt if they cut you, and the legends say you can ward them off with an old calendar. They're very careful when it comes to matters of time you know... So, what about you miss? You seem like you're a ninja from somewhere! Where are you from!? "

Hanbei would chirp her questions happily in an attempt to bring the Hunter ninja in a similar frame of mirth, though she was pretty sure that she didn't need to. Her violet eyes blessed with several black rings cutting through them would attempt to eye her equipment as much as what she was wearing if she was able to, if they were going to be competing against one another, it would be a sure time to check out what they were capable of. As much as she looked to be a lot stronger than she herself was, but Hanbei doubted something that culminated from obstacle courses would end in a basic tournament bout like a gladiator arena. Especially seeing that violence didn't seem to be on the mind of these people.  

6A not Uncommon Entrance. Empty Re: A not Uncommon Entrance. Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:46 am

Nozomi

Nozomi

D-rank
"Oh, they don't hurt, huh? That's kind of strange, but it doesn't matter much anyhow. I already made it through, and you lose if they do cut off your legs, so I'm not about to loosen up if I happen to deal with them again. I mean, I don't think they're really fast enough to catch me in the first place." She said, rubbing the back of her head. It was true, after all. Her reaction time was second only to Ayakashi, and she was nimble enough to dodge anything that wasn't chakra enhanced assuming it was slow enough she could see it.

"As for my village," She flashed the headband on her neck upwards so that Hanbei could see it, "I'm a jounin of Kirigakure. I know Kumo and Kiri don't really get along well lately, but I've known some decent ninja there, so I don't really care about any misfortune between us."

In reality, she felt really bad for her part in the almost war between the two nations. If not for her urge to find love, none of it would have even happened. And she had killed one of their Jounin, Syn, and had been planning on assassinating their former kage. "As for the chuunin exams, sorry, I wasnt even a registered kunoichi at that point. I rarely left the compound hospital before a couple years ago. Funny though, I came in third in mine as well. Couldn't fight my girlfriend Kaekio." She said, frowning slightly as she thought of her.

7A not Uncommon Entrance. Empty Re: A not Uncommon Entrance. Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:57 am

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
'The mood seemed to drop quickly...‘

"Oh, they don't hurt, huh? That's kind of strange, but it doesn't matter much anyhow. I already made it through, and you lose if they do cut off your legs, so I'm not about to loosen up if I happen to deal with them again. I mean, I don't think they're really fast enough to catch me in the first place... As for my village... I'm a jounin of Kirigakure. I know Kumo and Kiri don't really get along well lately, but I've known some decent ninja there, so I don't really care about any misfortune between us... As for the chuunin exams, sorry, I wasnt even a registered kunoichi at that point. I rarely left the compound hospital before a couple years ago. Funny though, I came in third in mine as well. Couldn't fight my girlfriend Kaekio."

The conversation seemed to take a darker tone, one that Hanbei hadn't exactly been expecting in the middle of a carnival, looking side to side as Nozomi talked Hanbei would begin to look a little uncomfortable before remembering something in particular about the area of Namahage that she had dealt with in her youth. There were places in here that were hard to get to, not that they were hidden, or even really out of sight, but rather because of the way the realm worked it was hard to truly 'find them.' It was as if your mind simply thinks of them as less significant unless you happen to stumble directly upon them, or know where you're intending to go from the beginning. While Hanbei thought, she had decided that it was settled, and that after this conversation came to its end, she would show this Nozomi something that she had never seen before. Knowing the layout of a foreign place was always a social advantage, especially if you wanted to ruin a bad mood!

'But then those words echoed.'

Having only loosely been listening, Hanbei recalled what Nozomi had said about Kirigakure and Kumogakure, hostilities? Not getting along? Since when? Hanbei could remember kiri hunter ninja and trade from kirigakure merchants often in Kumogakure, although it was somewhat the last stop on their way, and it was always a pain that much of their wares had been spent by the time they got there because of the other countries, they had never been at odds with one another in recent history. Furrowing his brow and looking up at the Jounin reflex caused her to question...

"Wait... Kiri and Kumo are at odds? Since when? What happened?"

Immediately it would be understood that Hanbei must have been living under a rock, though two years captured in the Sunagakure Desert before being taken to konoha of all places would keep most ninja a little sheltered from the world, Hanbei wasn't the kind to think of things outside his immediate world at the best of times, though he often thought of home. but that was it, home... though now as his anxiety began to spread he couldn't help but wonder if there was still a home he was able to go back to.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.