1Kotarō  Empty Kotarō Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:15 am

Kiriya

Kiriya

D-rank
Symbol:

Kotarō  ESkyNHc

Kotarō  FAHfQ33
Clan Name: Kotarō (康太郎)

Specialization: Bukijutsu/Taijutsu (primary or secondary) for the path of the Outward Shadow and Medical ninjutsu (primary or secondary) for the path of the Inward Light

Elements: Suiton, Raiton or Fūton

• Kotarō  Water11
  • Kotarō  Lightn12
  • Kotarō  Wind11

Kotarō  HhU72Pp
Clan History: The Kotarō Clan
(康太郎) was one of the earliest clans that were created in Kirigakure no Sato. Some say that it was created even before the village itself. The Kotarō Clan has it's roots embeded deeply in the Hunter-nin corps (追い忍部隊, Oinin Butai). Their kekkei genkai, which was always kept in secret, made them one of the best bounty hunters in the whole country. The clan members usually worked as members of organizations that were used to keep the peace in desparate times. There are two main paths that a shinobi from the clan can take. The first is the way of the Outward Shadow, which specializes in heavy offensive fighting style. The second one is the way of the Inward Light, which specializes in medical and supplementary role.

From ancient times there were two things passed down in the clan. The frist thing was their unique kekkei genkai, which was taught only to the young children who endured the rigorous training. The second one is the blue markings on their bodies. The marking symbolize the person's strength and ranking in the clan's family tree.

Members: No known members

Kotarō  Y4syLuV
Kekkei Genkai Name: The Wind of Nothing (何もの風 - Kaze no Nanimo)

Kekkei Genkai Description:

The wind of nothing is a powerful KKG that is considered widely to be one of the more taboo constructs in the ninja world, drastically controversial, those who were born with the Wind of Nothing flowing within their system have at their disposal a mutation of chakra itself. Loosely considered under the umbrella of Yin Release, The Wind of Nothing is a wave that interacts with chakra in a similar manner as Anti-Matter interacts with matter, or opposite wave frequencies interact with one another, they nullify. When a jutsu composed of Nanimo comes into contact with another jutsu, it not only collides with it, it devours it, spreading over the jutsu immediately ceasing all of its immediate functions and secondary or additional effects as well as preventing any of them from occurring after the point of impact. (Ie. A fire-bomb jutsu that explodes on contact, would not detonate when hitting a bolt of Nanimo of equal rank.)

Kaze no Nanimo techniques that are defensive are capable of blocking 1 technique of a rank higher, 2 techniques of its own rank, or 3 techniques of 1 rank lower. As opposed to offensive Nanimo techniques which merely nullify a single technique of equal rank or lower. The wind of nothing eats the chakra only from the jutsu not targeting the chakra inside the opponent's body. As for the rest of the offensive Nanimo technique it acts as a normal offensive jutsu, dealing damages respective to the jutsu's rank.

Both paths of the clan (Outward Shadow and Inward Light) can use Kaze no Nanimo techniques to defend against seijutsu and genjutsu. They can successfully defend against genjutsu of two ranks lower. (B rank wind of nothing successfully disrupts a D rank genjutsu.) This is due to the clan being highly prone to genjutsu.

Having this technique at their disposal was pivotal to the clans inception, and in so doing created 2 vastly different ideals on how the Wave of Nothing should be used. The two paths were titled, the Outward Shadow and the Inward Light.

Kotarō  7YQWPLv

The Way of the Outward Shadow:

• Known to be the more outgoing of the two, those who follow the way of the Outward Shadow are known far and wide as hunters of ninja. The only path of the clan trained in the art of Ninjutsu, they wield the wave of nothing as an outward force to zone out, nullify and control techniques as they are being used to control a battlefield. Either creating a blast of nullifying energy, a barrier, beam, cone or even creating vast AoE fields to nullify techniques that make contact with them.

The wave of nothing techniques are also broken into two branches. The way of the Outward Shadow and the way of the Inward Light. The path of the Outward Shadow have specialized in cancelling external chakra and cannot cancel taijutsu or healing techniques that come from the body. (External chakra techniques are the ones that utilize chakra out from the body - Ninjutsu, Bukijutsu and Kugutsu techniques). Those who practice the way of the Outward Shadow are known for their external aggressive momentum namely due to its affinity for nullifying healing techiques as they take effect 'upon' the body when it comes to open wounds and burns rather than 'within' it (If the healing techniques has manifestetion outside the body then it can be canceled out by the Nanimo technique), notable users of this form are also known to incorporate this aggressive wave into bukijutsu techniques. However, they are by and large incapable of penetrating the dense veil of chakra within a persons shell. (Incapable of targeting internal chakra that flows inside a person, the types of techniques that cannot be 'eaten' are taijutsu and healing techniques.

• Followers of the way of Outward Shadow gain +1 tier to both their Reaction Time and Strength Stats.

Kotarō  CsPQXIO

The Way of the Inward Light:

• Unlike the path of the outward shadow, which nulls things as they 'are' the way of the Inward Light is far more delicate, but potentially equally as deadly. The path of the clan that is trained in the art of Medical Ninjutsu and targeting the internal chakra flow, which allows them to bridge the gap from outward force into the bodies of themselves or other ninja, protecting or cleansing themselves or others of foreign or active chakra within their system. Cleansing techniques are similar to that of the Shadow school, directly nullifying foreign techniques within their body. Although, draining techniques which interact with other ninja, though they deal little pain and damage, they are able to target and nullify internal chakra techniques. (Taijutsu, Healing and Fuuinjutsu techniques which haven't manifested outside the body) Ninja practiced in this path are also well known for their Taijutsu due to the chakra flow nature of its use.

• Followers of the way of Inward Light gain +1 tier to both their Reaction Time and Perception Stats.

Drawbacks:

Though the Wind of Nothing is a powerful ability those who wield it are not without their faults. Members of the clan upon character creation must begin with the Hesitant (Element) Special Characteristic which cannot be balanced by an additional positive SC.

Members of the Kotarō clan are widely known for their inability to learn and use genjutsu techniques.

Wave of Nothing techniques are unable to defend against summoning techniques.

Wave of Nothing techniques are able to nullify Senjutsu techniques only if the user has Senjutsu of equal or higher rank.

Additionally, depending on the school of thought the clan member is known to follow they are known to have their own unique shortcomings.

Way of Inward Shadow:

• Genjutsu Prone: Due to the fact members of this school are largely unable to effect chakra 'within' the body of others including themselves. This makes genjutsu once active upon them, hit a sort of blind-spot in their defense. Genjutsu interact with ninja of this path as though they are 1 rank higher when it comes to breaking out.

• Hunters Structure: A hunter of ninja needs to be lithe, often slender and silent on approach, far more so than the modern ninja. Which, can often be easier than it sounds. As such however, the members of this group train for stealth and speed from an early age, often at the sacrifice of weighty muscle or heavy-set builds. Members of the Way of Outward Shadow have -2 to their Endurence Stat.

Way of Outward Light:

• Projectile Limited: The funtional use of the Way of Inward light makes projectiles created by this form often extremely linear, and while some projections are known to exist, their ranges often fall off compared to other ninja. Ranged jutsu and Radii effects of this path are reduced by 1/2 their range compared to other jutsu of their rank.

• Force Redundant:While able to channel thier skills into their blows and into others, there is often no point to training force as opposed to the deftness of their technique. As such, strength training for members of the way of Inward Light often forgo strength training save for those who practice it as a Taijutsu Discipline, resulting in -2 tiers to their Strength Stat.

Last edited by Kiriya on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:03 am; edited 18 times in total

2Kotarō  Empty Re: Kotarō Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:07 pm

Gin

Gin

Retired
Hello there! There's a lot to go over and break down here, so I'm just going to go through the sections where I see some problems.

The Wind of Nothing is a wave that interacts with chakra in a similar manner as Anti-Matter interacts with matter, or opposite wave frequencies interact with one another, they nullify.

Ok, so there are a few issues with the mechanics of this. Namely, the fact that it works as anti-matter does to regular matter. This leaves the KKG open to abuse. For instance, if the wave clashes with a living thing (which has chakra inside) of the same rank would their chakra be nullified as well? If so, this would be instant death. Specify that this applies only to jutsu.

Kaze no Nanimo techniques often are able to eat a technique of equal rank or lower, but such is subject to a jutsu by jutsu basis.

Moreover, the interactions cannot be open to interpretation. This needs to be specified in the Clan. Exceptions complicate things more often than not. Explain, fir instance, how it interacts with ninjutsu (which has a physical manifestation) and genjutsu (which doesn't).

Those who practice this art are known for their external aggressive momentum namely due to its affinity for nullifying healing techiques as they take effect 'upon' the body when it comes to open wounds.

I don't understand how this targets healing jutsu specifically. You mention that the wave already affects jutsu by cancelling them out. Why are healing techniques singled out? Are they simply cancelled passively? If so, this wouldn't be allowed.

Followers of the way of Outward Shadow gain +1 tier to both their Reaction Time and Strength Stats./Followers of the way of Inward Light gain +1 tier to both their Reaction Time and Perception Stats.

This Clan already does a lot. Adding stat buffs is a little too much. Please remove both of these.

However, they are by and large incapable of penetrating the dense veil of chakra within a persons shell.

I'm going to be honest, I have no idea what you mean by this. What do you mean by "a person's shell"? Their body? Defensive jutsu?

Although, draining techniques which interact with other ninja, though they deal little pain and damage, they are able to eat even unmolded chakra, dealing up to -10 chakra worth of drain more than their activation cost of chakra drain on hit or drain equal to its maintenance cost per hit for maintained skills.

I'm sorry, but no. This is denied. You can't nullify chakra within someone's body. It sounds too much like what Samehada does or sealing chakra like the Hyuuga do. Moreover, nullifying more chakra than you put in is unfair.

Members of the clan due to their standardized training within the clan 'must' take Taijutsu or Bukijutsu upon character creation

This isn't a drawback. It's just specifying what specs the jutsu works with.

These are the issues I was able to point out now. Basically, I need you to specify the mechanics and interaction between different kinds of specs and jutsu. The drawbacks are a little underwhelming compared to the perks that this clan gets. Nullifying chakra is a pretty big deal, after all. Fix these things and I'll look over it again.

3Kotarō  Empty Re: Kotarō Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:45 am

Kiriya

Kiriya

D-rank
I tried to better explain how the wave of nothing for both paths impacts the internal and external chakra. Basically the way of the Outward Shadow can only target external chakra (outside of the body) for techniques like ninjutsu and bukijutsu and is capable to nullify healing techniques if they have manifested outside of the body. The way of the Inward Light does the same but can only target internal chakra for techniques like healing and taijutsu.

Erased the ability to decrease chakra pools from the way of the Inward Light.

Also edited and clarified how the wave of nothing interacts with other jutsu.

About the additional stat buffs I don't think it's too much. It's pretty much a KKG + 2 stat buffs. However for the sake of balacing the clan I've added another drawback. So it's basically 3 advantages (well under what most clans have) versus 4 disadvantages.

4Kotarō  Empty Re: Kotarō Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:56 am

Issei

Issei

D-rank
My biggest interest in this clan is how offensive Nanimo techniques work themselves. Yes, they can nullify one jutsu, but they're still able to deal damage to opponents beyond nullification? Does this work like a normal offensive jutsu, or is it treated as the Nanimo hurting opponents by attacking their chakra system? Go into more detail in regard to that, for clarification purposes.

Whether a technique comes from the body or not (and thus which path of the clan can nullify the technique) is rather ambiguous in my opinion, and you've only specifically listed Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, Medical Ninjutsu, and Bukijutsu by name in the two paths. Both paths nullify Genjutsu? How does Nanimo interact with things like Kugutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Summons, or Seijutsu, and which path can nullify each of those specs? Furthermore, I'd like you to add into the drawbacks that Senjutsu techniques cannot be nullified unless the user also has Senjutsu of equal or higher rank, since nature chakra is an entirely separate entity.

That's all for now, let me know when your edits are done.

http://www.narutosaga.com/t23427-new-organization-ninshiki#18669

5Kotarō  Empty Re: Kotarō Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:32 pm

Kiriya

Kiriya

D-rank
Explained how exactly the nullifying offensive techniques work.

Edited and furthermore explained what the two paths can and can't nullify.

Added the drawback against Seijutsu techniques. (that the ninja must have an equal or higher rank of seijutsu)

Added another drawback in which the Nanimo techniques cannot be used to nullify summoning techniques.

6Kotarō  Empty Re: Kotarō Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:20 am

Issei

Issei

D-rank
You seemed to have confused Seijutsu and Senjutsu. Seijutsu are pet techniques, and since pets have their own chakra supplies, they could fall under either path, really. Senjutsu are sage techniques, that's what I wanted you to add the drawback for, because nature chakra works differently than normal chakra.

7Kotarō  Empty Re: Kotarō Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:04 am

Kiriya

Kiriya

D-rank
I didn't read it properly. I meant to add the senjutsu drawback, anyway I think now it's ready for approving. Thank you for the long description.

8Kotarō  Empty Re: Kotarō Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Issei

Issei

D-rank
Yeah, sorry for the wait. Approved.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]