You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Empty Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Poe

Poe

D-rank
The sun shines bright in the sky as Poe sleeps peacefully at a table outside of a small restaurant. The restaurant is located near the village’s gates which means it usually gets a lot of business due to ninja coming back from missions, visitors, or merchants who need a small bite to eat. Normally, a restaurant wouldn’t allow a person to loiter around sleeping at one of their tables. That’s no good for business as that table could be used for serving other customers. Luckily for Poe, he’s friends with the place’s owner, so he’s allowed to come here and just read. Besides. Business is slow today. Of course, he also buys some food here as well. It’d be unfair to use their tables without supporting their business. Beside his head on the table sits an empty plate. The contents that used to be on such plate unknown to anyone who were not there when he ordered. Beside that plate sat an empty glass. Under Poe’s arms and head, was an empty book. The contents within the book hidden under his body. During his tie reading, Poe had started to feel drowsy and decided that a little nap wouldn’t hurt which is why he is the way he is.

Poe, today, is wearing his normal gear which consists of a primarily black attire. The hood to his short cloak is pulled over his head to keep the harsh glares from the sun off his head. The book he was reading before falling asleep is about simple taijutsu techniques. He’s currently in the process of creating his own style of fighting and decided that he should read up on as many taijutsu techniques as possible so he can decide which one is most compatible with him. He likes to use books to gather information about things before diving into something new. Now he’s completely worn out from all the reading he has done. He shouldn’t sleep for too long in the sun. Maybe someone will come and wake him up. Who knows.

353|353

2Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Empty Re: Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
He was there again. Standing, cold and alone in the center of the Hattori clan monument. All around him he could see paths leading out to streets filled with buildings that bore the symbols of the many branches of the clan to which he belonged. Nayoko could not help but shiver as a chill made its way up his spine. Glancing up, Nayoko could see the snow beginning to fall from the sky, like it had for the last few nights. It was a sight he was not used to seeing, in his everyday life, but here it seemed so vivid that he wondered if he had seen snow during his younger years and forgotten.

It seemed like all was quiet for the time being, so the young Hattori took a moment to look down at his body. He was older than the last time he had been here, now being at least the strength of a chuunin, maybe even one that was nearing a promotion. He stoically nodded his approval before looking back up to his surroundings, taking in the scene around him one last time before calling out. “I’m here. Just like every night before. Let’s get this over with.” With that, he dropped into a comfortable karate stance and readied himself for the inevitable onslaught from the beast. It had attacked him without mercy almost every night since he had left the hospital in Kirigakure no Sato, and tonight would be no different. At least, that is what Nayoko assumed.

“Nayo? Nayoko! My son!” The young man could not stop himself from spinning around with wide eyes toward the sound of his mother’s voice. The sight nbeofre him was one he could never had anticipated. There was his mother, chained to the vall of a building and bleeding from various wounds on her body. “Mo…Mom?!?!?” Instinctively, the young image of Nayoko charged for her as she called out to him. "Nayoko, I got free from it, but it chained me up here. It’s lurking around here somewhere, but you have to free me! Quickly before it comes back!” Nayoko was like a blur of motion, charging over to her and pulling the chains from the wall, screaming with anger as he did so. “Mom I’m gonna get you out of here. We’re gonna get out! We’re gonna-“ Nayoko was stopped short as he looked back to the face of his mother just as the final chain fell to the ground. In her place stood the mutilated, twisted, nd evil face of the beast, still bearing his mother’s features, but transformed with shark like teeth and taut, sickly pale skin. It smirked at him as he stared at it in horror. “Gotcha.”

Nayoko sat straight up in his bed, sweat dripping from his face and a sharp pain in his abdomen. Throwing off the sheets, he watched as the injury that had been inflicted on him in the dream slowly faded from a dark red mark to a pink one, and then to nothing at all. Despite that, it still hurt, and Nayoko would not be sleeping again today. He sat in the dark of his room for a moment before eventually dressing himself in his standard black, sleeveless shirt with his silver Hattori amulet tucked inside of it and grey pants, leaving his hand wraps off for the day. After all, it was his first day off since his return from the Land of Water. The reunion with his family had been incredible, but the report writing about his experiences in the Kiri-Konoha Ninja Exchange program was far less enjoyable, and after days of filling out paperwork and answering some questions for interviewers, Nayoko had finally been granted a day off. Though not before he had been officially promoted to the rank of jounin. It was an honour that he was proud to have received, and he was looking forward to taking on the tasks that came with his new rank. But even Nayoko knew that he needed a break.

And so Nayoko had decided to head out into the village proper with a brand new book in his hands and plop himself down at a local restaurant near the gates for a day of relaxation. He arrived fairly early in the day and wasted no time ordering some iced tea and kicking up his feet. He was reading one a new book in a series by one of his favourite authors, a high fantasy adventure story about gods and men, fighting for a place of prominence in the world. Reading over some of the feats that the gods were said to be able to perform, Nayoko could not help but chuckle at the idea that his teacher in the Village Hidden in the Mists, the Mizukage Ayakashi, could probably do a lot of those tings herself.

Nayoko was too enraptured in his novel to notice when a young man with blue eyes wearing a black hooded cloak and black clothes sit down at a table nearby and begin reading himself. The two, lost in their own worlds did not interact at all for a long time, until Nayoko eventually lowered his book to call over a waiter for another glass of iced tea and some food. It was then that Nayoko saw the boy slumped over at his table, fast asleep in the sun. It was quite a sight for Nayoko to see, and he was surprised that the owners of the restaurant hadn’t kicked him out for taking up a table, but regardless, Nayoko felt bad letting him sleep in the blistering sun like that. With a sigh and a smile, Nayoko stood up and walked over to him, gently shaking him by the shoulder and prompting him to wake up.

“Hey there, sorry to wake you but I didn’t think you’d want to sleep out in the sun like this all day.” He glanced down at the book that the boy was resting on and chuckled. “It must be a pretty boring book huh?”

WC:1023

3Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Empty Re: Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:01 pm

Poe

Poe

D-rank
The sun is high in the sky blazing down with all its fiery glory. The weird thing though is that there is no heat coming from the blazing sphere. Blue eyes look up into the sky in wonder as to why he feels nothing. His body was neither warm nor cold. It was as if he has lost all feeling. Not even his shoeless feet could feel the sand shifting around them. His eyes look back down and scan the area around him. Nothing. Nothing for as fast as his eyes can see. It’s only him, the sky, and the desert under his feet.

In confusion, he begins walking aimlessly. His feet struggling to bring up the sand that covers them every time he takes a step. Nothing makes sense. How did he get here? Why can’t he feel anything? His eyes continue searching for anything or anyone. He soon feels like giving up hope until he sees something in the distance. Is that who he thinks it is? “Dad?” He questions as he steps closer. Yes. This man who suddenly appeared before him is in fact his father. “Dad!” He yells as he takes a step towards the figure. His dad looks back at him, but then turns around and begins walking away. Poe begins feeling panic grow within him. His feet start moving quicker to catch up with his father. “Wait dad! Wait for me!” He yells, but it feels like only he himself can hear his voice.

He continues running, but he never gets any closer to his father who is steadily getting farther away. The sand is helping either. It feels as if his feet are becoming harder to pick up. He feels himself tiring, but he doesn’t want to stop running. The world around him begins to darken. The last thing he is able to see before everything turns completely black is his dad vanishing in a puff of smoke.

Blue eyes open as he sits up in his seat quickly breathing rather quickly. He can feel sweat on his forehead and looks around. He soon notices the man next to him and figures out that this is the one who had awakened him from his, what he could call, nightmare. Then the man criticizes the book he was reading. Even though he is a little disoriented, he frowns and looks down at his book. “I wouldn’t say it’s boring.” He mutters before sighing. “I’ve just been reading all day and didn’t really get much sleep last night.” He looks up at the man now and truly notices his appearance. “Um. My name’s Poe and thanks. I think the sun was started to affect me in my sleep. I just had one crazy dream.”

He looks back down at his book and notices some drool. “Ah. I rented this book and now there is drool in it.” He complains closing it. Hopefully, the book store will still take it back. He’s read enough of the taijutsu techniques within it to start training tomorrow. He eyes the man next to him again and feels a little rude. “Um. If you like, you can have a seat.” He mutters motioning towards a chair across from him with his head. He’s not quite sure if the man simply wanted to wake him up or also have a conversation with him as well.

574|968

Last edited by Poe on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Empty Re: Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
Nayoko could have sworn he heard the boy whimper something that even his acute senses could not pick up before the stranger’s eyelids flittered open, revealing his bright blue eyes. The young Hattori could not help but pull back instinctually as the stranger sat up straight quickly, his breaths quick and shallow and his forehead sweating. He looked around quickly, almost frantically for a moment before his eyes finally rested on Nayoko. It was then that he recently promoted jounin could see the boy begin to relax once again. He blinked back against bleary eyes before responding to the comment about his book. “I wouldn’t say it’s boring.” He muttered before sighing. “I’ve just been reading all day and didn’t really get much sleep last night.”

Nayoko just smiled at the response as the young man seemed to size him up, and Nayoko did the same. He seemed like he was much young than Nayoko, maybe around sixteen if even that old. It was due to these features that Nayoko could not figure out if the boy was a shinobi or not. He did not seem to be wearing a Konoha forehead protector anywhere, not even as a belt like Nayoko did, and due to the concealing nature of his clothes the Hattori could not tell what kind of shape he was in. He always liked to know what kind of person he was dealing with, even in casual situations like this one. But it seemed like he would have to dig a little deeper on his own this time around if he wanted to learn who this boy really was.

Even as he was thinking the possibility of the boy being a shinobi over in his head, he nodded to him as he introduced himself. “Um. My name’s Poe and thanks. I think the sun was started to affect me in my sleep. I just had one crazy dream.” Nayoko could not help but chuckle at that as he brushed his bangs back and out of his face, spiking them back into position with his fingers. “I know a thing or two about crazy dreams myself Poe. It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m Nayoko, a jounin of Konohagakure no Sato.” Following Poe’s eyes, he noticed the drool that the boy was concerned about and took the seat next to him when it was offered. “Thanks. And I wouldn’t worry too much about the book. Maybe if you leave it out in the sun the drool will evaporate before you’ve got to bring it back to wherever you rented it from.”

As he said this, he placed his own book on the take top in front of him tapped it with his index finger lightly. “I’ve been reading a lot today myself,” he said happily, lifting the book up so that it was standing up with the cover facing his new acquaintance. The cover was black mixed with dark red and orange swirls behind a large black wolf that seemed to be stepping out of a mirror made of ice. Emblazoned across the bottom was the title Memories of Ice. “It’s a fantasy novel actually. I tend to come out in the mornings and read about worlds that aren’t out own, just to get a change of pace every once in a while.” He then let the book drop back onto the table before turning his gaze toward Poe’s book on the table, which he could not quite see the cover of. “How about you Poe? What are you reading this beautiful morning on the Land of Fire?”

WC:614+1023=1637

5Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Empty Re: Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:09 pm

Poe

Poe

D-rank
"Nice to meet ya Nayoko." A jounin named Nayoko huh? A lot of information right there. Although, Poe did not find the person interesting enough yet for him to break down the small things he learned to learn more than the young man was telling. It isn't that Poe doesn't care for the man. It's just that he has a kink for searching for details of others, but he only does so to people he feel will show up in his life a lot. Even so, he couldn’t help but wonder about the type of dreams the man has had before to relate to what he had just experienced. He wanted to ask, but he’d rather forget his dream than learn of other weird dreams. He did, however, give Nayoko a small smile at the advice. It was a little embarrassing to open the book back to the page with the drool on it, so that it could hopefully dry in the sun, but this is better than taking it back to the store and letting the owner find the drool their self.

He eyes the book that was placed on the table curiously wondering what it was about. His curiosity would be quenched rather quickly though as Nayoko raised the book to show him the cover. Now he’s rather curious about the story within the book. A fantasy he says? Many fantasy novels are a like in many ways, but some can be extremely different as well. If Poe was to be honest with himself, he’d rather be reading something fantastical than a book about how to kick someone with efficiency. The sacrifices one makes to better themselves as a ninja.

“My book is just a guide on simple taijutsu techniques. Nothing special at all.” He raises the book to show off the cover just like Nayoko did. The book is an orange color with a black silhouette of a man kicking into the air. He then places the book back down and taps on the page it’s on. “I’m preparing my mind for some training I’m about to do. I’m planning on becoming a taijutsu master.” With that he yawns feeling a little drowsy from sleeping at an awkward time. “Anyway. How’s life as a jounin? I just become a genin a few days ago, so I have a long way to go before reaching your rank.” It may seem as if he’s taking an interest in the guy, but really he just wants to know how life is after ranking up from genin.

439|1407

6Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Empty Re: Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:12 pm

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
As Nayoko showed Poe his novel, the young man seemed fairly interested as he studied the cover while Nayoko showed him. Unfortunatly for the Hattori, that did not tell him enough to answer his question about whether or not Poe was a shinobi. Even so, Nayoko was pleased to see that he was at least taking interest in his book of choice. It meant that perhaps Poe enjoyed fantasy stories as well. Nayoko had always had a hard time finding people that enjoyed that genre as much as he did; most of the time people told him that stories like that were best left to children, not full fledged ninja like himself. But Nayoko had never been one to care much about what other said behind his back, preferring instead to prove himself through action instead of defending his relaxation habits.

As he put his book down, he watched happily as Poe raised his own, curious as to what the young man had been reading previously. “My book is just a guide on simple taijutsu techniques. Nothing special at all.” And with those words, Nayoko’s suspicions were confirmed. The orange book bearing the picture of a man kicking the air was one that Nayoko himself had read when he was first practicing taijutsu for himself. It would seem that Nayoko had, in fact, stumbled across a young shinobi with ambitions of his own. “I’m preparing my mind for some training I’m about to do. I’m planning on becoming a taijutsu master.” The yawn that accompanied the comment was almost comical, considering all of the work that went into mastering taijutsu.

Before Nayoko could comment though, Poe continued speaking. “Anyway. How’s life as a jounin? I just become a genin a few days ago, so I have a long way to go before reaching your rank.” Nayoko smiled at that, remembering the days that he was a genin not so long ago. He had risen through the ranks quickly, mostly thanks to his late start along with the many people who had helped him train since his first day in the academy. But he still looked back on his genin days with a fond nostalgia. Life had been so much simpler back then, though he hadn’t appreciated it at the time. Like the saying goes, you don’t appreciate something until it is gone.

After his brief retreat into his memories, he finally responded to Poe. “Well, to be perfectly honest with you Poe, I haven’t been a proper jounin that long myself. I was only recently promoted from special jounin to full jounin a couple of days ago when I got back from an extended trip to the Land of Water. I was working as part of the Kiri-Konoha Ninja Exchange program to do some missions for our allies out there.” He was still smiling outwardly, but on the inside, he could not help but remember the trials that he had faced across the sea. It had been a trip full of ups and downs, but whenever he thought about it his memories tended to drift to the more negative aspects. The betrayal of a comrade, the pain inflicted onto himself and his close friend, and even the stresses of training with the Mizukage. It had all taken a toll on him that he would not soon forget.

His face fell to be slightly more serious for a moment. “But even being a special jounin had its share of…responsibilities. The missions and expectations get more and more dangerous, though that means your life doesn’t lack excitement. But enough about that; I’m more interested in your taijutsu training! I myself am pretty well versed in taijutsu. Though I wouldn’t consider myself a master, I’m proficient enough that the only weapons I really need are these,” he said holding his hands out in front of him. “What kind of taijutsu do you focus on? And what kind of missions do they have for genin like you these days?”

For a moment, Nayoko wondered if he was going to pick up a student that day…

WC:695+1637=2332

7Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Empty Re: Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:26 pm

Poe

Poe

D-rank
Just his luck. He finally meets someone who’s higher up than him who isn’t his squad leader, but they’ve rarely started their job. Not that that should matter all too much. Nayoko has experience that he does not. He was still technically a jounin if not fully a jounin at the time. Besides, learning anything about how his duties will change in the future is a plus even if from someone who’s experience isn’t as great as others. Although, this man seems to really enjoy the fact that someone asked him about his life. Maybe he lacks many friends to talk to. He’s probably sizing him up as well to see if he could use some help. Not going to lie to himself, self-training is difficult at times. Maybe Poe can find use for this man to better himself as well.

“Yes. I suppose life after the Academy and genin would become more hectic and require more resolve than a person would be used to. Traveling around the ninja world is a goal of mine. I have many goals, but one step at a time. Right now, I should take care of my responsibilities as a genin.” He gives the man a small smile and starts tapping on the table with his right index finger. “Not much danger in taking a genin rank mission though. Most just involve delivering mail or helping fix a damaged shop.” His head sways slightly as his thoughts move away his duties and to his progress. “My training though…” He pauses and stops tapping to place his hand under his chin in thought. “Not much progress really. Probably because I’m putting more time into training my Katon element which I have the intention of implementing into my fighting style.” He eyes the man with a slight glint in his eyes. “I’ve read tons of books. One was about gentle fist, the Hyuuga clan’s preferred fighting style which really caught my attention. I liked the way that their attacks targeted specific points on a human’s body. I want to do something like that to make sure my hits hit where I want them to.” He looks to the side frowning slightly. “But those are just thoughts and ideas in my head. I have yet to fully get the basics down. I have a lot of training to do.” He turns his attention back to Nayoko and sighs. “Could you give me an insight onto how training went for you? Maybe what I need is some advice.”

431|1399

8Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Empty Re: Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
Nayoko enjoyed having a moment to listen to the thoughts of a new genin. It wasn’t very often that he got to chat with ninja that who had been so recently added to the ranks of the Konoha shinobi, and even though he was a genin not that long ago himself, it was interesting for him to hear about what went on in the lives of the fresh ninja. He listened intently as the boy continued to speak about the general tasks of a genin, including delivering mail. That was a mission that Nayoko remembered taking care of himself. In fact, it was the first mission hat he had ever officially undertaken as a genin of Konohagakure no Sato. To hear that genin these days had to suffer through similarly boring mission brought some semblance of satisfaction to the Hattori, but he could not help but feel a little bit sorry for Poe. After all, the missions could get really, really boring.

The twenty two year old was once again caught reminiscing when Poe’s words pulled him out of the brief nostalgia trip and back into reality. “My training though…” He paused and stopped tapping to place his hand under his chin in thought. “Not much progress really. Probably because I’m putting more time into training my Katon element which I have the intention of implementing into my fighting style.” The boy’s bright blue eyes flickered up toward Nayoko then, a slight twinkle in them that intrigued the jounin. “I’ve read tons of books. One was about gentle fist, the Hyuuga clan’s preferred fighting style which really caught my attention. I liked the way that their attacks targeted specific points on a human’s body. I want to do something like that to make sure my hits hit where I want them to.” He looked to the side frowning slightly. “But those are just thoughts and ideas in my head. I have yet to fully get the basics down. I have a lot of training to do.” He turned his attention back to Nayoko and sighs. “Could you give me an insight onto how training went for you? Maybe what I need is some advice.”

Nayoko found himself nodding through the thought pattern of the boy, appreciating the theory that had gone into his desire to improve. Though he was going to be at a disadvantage when it game to doing what the Hyuuga clan could do. The legendary dojutsu that they wielded was instrumental in the ability to pinpoint chakra networks within the bodies of their opponents, and it was that vision that let them target those points so effectively. Without the Byakugan, this boy probably would not be able to achieve the level he was hoping for, unless he was willing to trade a little bit of accuracy for the force that could come with training. Nayoko had subconsciously began to drum his fingers on the top of his book while he was thinking, and only stopped once he addressed Poe directly again.

“Well Poe, to be honest training for me began a lot later in life than yours, so you already have a leg up on me in that respect. The more time you spend perfecting your style of taijutsu, the better it will be. But just remember, the Hyuuga clan have a clear advantage when it comes to their gentle fist techniques. They have a legendary dojutsu that has been passed down for generations that allows them to see the chakra networks in the body, which makes striking them and damaging them a much different affair for them than for people like you and me.” He paused for a moment to straighten himself up in his chair. "That being said, I still think that classic martial arts can be just as effective, not only offensively but defensively as well. I myself am a master in karate, which is not a martial art that many people take the time to learn these days. For me, a lot of my training consisted of learning the importance of making myself like a mountain, unshakable to my opponent and ready to defend myself brutally if need to be, without giving an inch.”

He glanced down at the book that Poe had been reading, reflecting on how useful he had found written research in his time in the academy, and as a genin. “In the end Poe, it all comes down to how willing you are to put work in. I spent hours of my time in the training fields, sparring with other genin and even with wooden dummies if nobody was around. To me though, training has always been fun, so it never felt like work. But as helpful as books are when you first start out, you really can’t master something until you start swinging the punches yourself.” He sat back then taking a sip of the drink he had ordered and letting out a sigh while glancing about the restaurant. There were all sorts of people about, rushing in and out of the village gates, some stopping in for food and other not paying the establishment any mind at all. He really had missed home.

Unsatisfied by the silence he had left hanging in the air, he decided to further inquire into something else the young boy at said. “So you mentioned that you have been working on your Katon skill? And you want to incorporate it into your fighting style huh? That’s pretty interesting and sounds like it could be really effective. I myself, have never been able to master Katon. Suiton and Fuuton are more my strong suits, though I’ve also been working on my skill with Doton as of late. Unfortunately, I’ve had a hard time incorporating my elemental chakra into my fighting style, though now that you mention it, it sounds like a pretty good idea. High speed winds have always been useful in close quarters combat…” his voice trailed off as he tried to formulate a way to turn his control of fuuton chakra into something that could be combined with his karate. It was an interesting prospect that he had not really explored in the past, though he was happy to be doing so now.

He let out a quiet chuckle, “It seems like I’m taking more away from this conversation that you! Is there anything else I might be able to do to help you out? I’m always happy to at least try and help out the younger generation.”

WC:1100+2332=3432

9Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Empty Re: Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:31 pm

Poe

Poe

D-rank
His eyes trailed away from Nayoko as he left the man to think on his responses to his words. He notices the many people entering and leaving through the village gates. On what business, he’ll probably never know. It was a nice to see people stopping by this restaurant though. Since he used to come here all the time with his dad, he had a deep connection with the place, so he liked how it’s still thriving. This area is perfect for a restaurant. Ninja are always coming and going, and some of them are going to be hungry. Maybe he should get a job here when not on ninja duty. That’d give him some extra ryo to spend.

He’s pulled out of his thoughts and turns his head when he hears Nayoko speak up. He listened intently to the Jounin. Everything the man said, was pretty interesting. Yes, he knows it’ll be difficult to copy the Hyuuga’s fighting style without the byakugan. That’s why he’s not trying to aim at something so difficult to hit such as a chakra point. “I know it’ll be hard, but I’m a smart guy. I’ll find some way to implement the gentle fist.” His hand slides across his book and pats it as he takes the moment to think to himself. “I’m sorry, but I plan on focusing more on moving and catching my opponent off guard than being an unmovable mountain.” He says leaving his mind and refocusing back on Nayoko. “Although, maybe you could help me sometime become efficient against fighters who are bigger and stronger than me. I plan on moving to a training area soon and begin actual training.” A small smile appears on his face as he picks the book up of the table. “Ya know. Swing punches and stuff.”  

He looks up into the sky and sees that the sun is still high over them. There’s a lot of sunlight left. “Hmm. I don’t really have anything…” He frowns and looks down at the book in his hand. He thought of asking about missions as a jounin, but Nayoko himself stated that he just became one, so he probably hasn’t gone on any jounin level missions yet. Maybe… “How are the other nations? You did say you just returned from The Land of Water, right?” Maybe he can gain some insight on how dealing with other villages is like.

417|1824

10Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Empty Re: Outside Reading (Private, Nayoko) Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:46 pm

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
As the day continued to move on, Nayoko could tell that it would be a busy day throughout his home. People were both entering and leaving the village in the background of the conversation that the two shinobi were having. Some of them were other ninja just like them, getting ready to head out on missions or head over to the training fields for a day of work, whereas others were just simple merchants from other lands, peddling their wares and preparing to show off their goods to anyone who could lend their ear. It was that vibrancy, that life that was all around the Village Hidden in the Leaves that made Nayoko love it so much. After his trip to Kirigakure no Sato, he realized just how different the two villages were, and why he preferred his home over the foreign land.

His thoughts were interrupted however by Poe suggesting that he would do his best even without the Byakugan. It was a bold claim to make, but looking down at the young ninja, Nayoko felt reminded somewhat of himself when he was first starting on his own path as a ninja. That kind of dedication could get you far in life, and perhaps Poe would be able to prove him wrong. He smiled at the thought, along with the boy expressing his plans to head to the training fields be begin some more physical training soon. Of course Nayoko approved, considering training was one of his favourite past times. As much as most people will say that they love to train, Nayoko truly found it relaxing at times. Getting his blood pumping and working through taijutsu combinations always allowed him to think far more clearly, and that clarity was something that he had grown to love.

Nayoko followed Poe’s gaze up to the sun high in the sky above them, making a mental note to himself that he would have to go soon if he wanted to prepare dinner for his family like he had promised. A trip to the marketplace was in order, followed by a long time that would be spent marinating the pork chops he planned to make before throwing them on the barbeque. At just the thought of it his mouth began to water just the slightest, though he was able to take his mind off of it by listening to Poe’s question. Though he did not seem like he needed a lesson of nay kind at the current time, he was interested in the Land of Water, which immediately brought Nayoko’s mind ack to what he had been thinking about earlier. Though now he was able to speak his mind rather than just think about it.

“That’s right, I just got back from a long trip the Village Hidden in the Mists in the Land of Water. I was there for a number of months, completing missions and training with their ninja. As far as what it is like there…” his voice trailed off as he remembered his first encounter with the ninja that went from comrade in arms to enemy in such a short span of time. “Well, let’s just say it depends on what you like. I can honestly say that the shinobi of Kirigakure no Sato are some of the strongest that I have ever met. They fought well and were not afraid of killing their enemies when it needed to happen. I learned a lot from them; hell, I even trained with the Mizukage herself for a time.” He paused once again to glance back at the villagers entering and leaving the gate. “But that right there,” he said, gesturing to the crowd. “That is what’s missing. Not people really, but the vibrancy that I see here everyday. The constant cover of mist sets a very dreary tone, and it permeates throughout sometimes. It can get to you for sure. But that being said, I don’t regret any of my time there, and I certainly plan to return at some point. But for now, I’m just happy to be a ninja at home.”

He figured he had a little bit more time, and so he decided to ask Poe one last question before he would part ways with the up and coming shinobi. “Do you think you’ll ever travel there Poe? I honestly can say that it is one of the best places for training in the whole shinobi world. Or is there somewhere else you wish to visit? Somewhere I’ve never been myself?”

WC:765+3432=4197

[Exiting Due to Inactivity]

Training:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.