You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Last Hunt (Mission / Private / NK) Empty The Last Hunt (Mission / Private / NK) Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
Who was I yesterday?

It was a hard thing for many people to tell, a difficult question to answer for any person no matter how learned they were in scripture or science. Hanbei could not help but be caught in the cycle of thinking that if every day you wake up, you are a different person than the day before, that you see the world with new eyes… was it possible to truly comprehend what yesterday was like? Or was that memory of the present lost forever behind the shades of perception that tinted todays pincineres. Sitting upon the ceiling of one of the taller, more noble looking buildings near the Hokage’s compound, Hanbei was able to see the sun rise from here, dawning over the village with its baleful morning golden glow that cast across the horizon like a net of morning warmth. Hanbei could hear the morning rush of merchants to get their goods to market, each of them hustling and bustling as if should they be even so much as a minute late, they would miss out on some grand unfolding or fortune that could have been theirs had they arrived but minutes sooner. Hanbei could smell the bakers and cooks of the village beginning their daily rituals, baking bread and cooking meats as the savory scents drifted high on the wind like a cloud to any who would but elevate themselves and care enough to take them in. The mornings in konoha were a gift that never ceased to be given to those who would receive them. Dangling her feet off the edge and allowing her feet to sway in the soft winds that blew from the east, the Guanyin came to the conclusion that she could no longer afford to deal in the past when the world was before her now...

'It was time to get to work.'

Leaning forward slightly, peering over the edge to ensure none were below her and embracing the morning daylight with a smile on her face, Hanbei would allow her center of mass to tip off the edge of the building, her center moving from the edge as she took her weight on the palms of her hands, slipping off the side of the ceramic tiled building with care as she gracefully descended to the ground. Her landing however, could use a little work. Hitting the earth Hanbei would stumble forward a little moment and bump into a handrail that led to the stairs of the entrance of the building. Catching herself with a stifled chuckle after a short bleat, given in the shock of the moment at the sudden loss of control. Taking to the fleet, Hanbei would Tip-toe her way to the village mission board hoping to find something that could earn her keep in the village so far. Hanbei could see a set of missions that appeared to be the usual, each of them were likely dangerous in their own right, however, after dealing with the issues of the bears that had been acting up in the past, Hanbei was ready for something a little different in the meantime. The animal life of konoha was amazing, but, that was when she discovered yet another noble creature had gone rabid supposedly with the tast of human blood, Hanbei could not believe it… Ripping the notice down she would frown at the words written on the paper.

WANTED: Feral Wolf!

“A Monstrous wolf has been sighted within the forest, alone, no longer within a pack yet it seems all the more dangerous without one. The wolf itself has attacked and killed several village farmers as well as live-stock and other creatures. We seek ninja willing to bring the beast down and make our forests and farm lands safe again! However, it would be best to not go alone, the wolf in question has evaded hunters and seems to be keen enough to use its surroundings and territory to hunt ninja of lower ranks, having caused them to need to retreat. ”

"Really? Again? Won’t these people learn?" Hanbei sighed deeply, knowing full well that the reason these creatures tended to attack people was because of more than was immediately apparent. The last time he had to deal with animals, it was because ninja of the village had killed the child of a mother bear, forcing the mother bear to become far more protective of her remaining cub, attacking ninja on the road. While the second was a different story all together. An ancestor spirit gone wild, it had ripped apart the forest attempting to look for hanbei who had killed the mother bear, not knowing about the cub. However, striking a deal with the spirit calmed its soul, and hanbei as per that agreement took the young cub to a place where it would be cared for by human hands to amend the ills that had been done. Hanbei wouldn’t forget the lessons she learned… and would definitely not repeat her mistakes. "Alright, I’ll take it, but, lets do this right, I’ll try and track down the former wolf pack in that territory first for clues, shouldn’t be hard."

And with that, the hunt began.

Sayuri

Sayuri

D-rank
Sayuri wandered around the marketplace, looking for a new food vendor to get breakfast from. It was a futile venture really, since she’d been living in Konoha she’d visited every single vendor here, nearly every day. So much so that she knew them all by name at this point. She sighed and shrugged as she walked up to her favourite one, and gave a cheerful wave to Michi, who without even missing a beat turned and gathered up a box of rice and dumplings for her and handed it over with a warm smile. Sayuri handed over some coins and Michi who, just like every time they interacted, showed Sayuri the coins and handed back the ones that were unneeded. “You know Miss Sayuri, I think you’re getting better. A few more times and you’ll have it perfect. Enjoy your breakfast now, and I’ll probably see you tomorrow!” With that Michi winked to the woman and turned to the next customer in line, taking more coins and serving more rice and dumplings.

Sayuri took her food in it’s small box and walked along the street munching happily on the warm food and smiling at anyone that caught her eye. It was a lovely day in Konohagakure no sato, the streets were fairly busy and for the most part everyone was going about their business in a relatively good mood. There was the usual children running through the streets, being underfoot and getting barked at occasionally by grumpy people in a hurry, which Sayuri found hilarious and for a moment considered joining in before remembering that she was not in fact a child anymore. She sighed sadly at the thought, it was a shame that she couldn’t just run and play now that she was older. She was expected to actually do important ‘adult’ type things, whatever that was supposed to mean. It made her long more and more to just go back into the woods and hide again. But if she did then she would never see Mitsuo, Tsuyo or Shiro ever again, which she couldn’t have. They were the only friends she had and she couldn’t lose them, even if it meant doing boring things like missions or shopping.

She was just about done her meal when she saw a young girl standing in front of the mission board holding a piece of paper, which considering it was the mission board she assumed was a mission. Curious she walked up the girl, she looked far too young to be taking a mission by herself, not that she was one to talk really, most people assumed she was pretty young, younger than she was anyway. She would tug her long white hair to one side, a nervous habit, as she approached the female shinobi just in time to overhear her speaking about tracking down a wolf pack. An interesting proposal, especially for someone that didn’t appear, at least to Sayuri, as though they tromped around in the forest on a regular basis. She would try to peek at the paper the girl was holding, assuming she was able to glance at it, it was just squiggly lines. So she would clear her throat quietly to try to gain the girls attention before speaking, a shy smile on her delicate features.

“Excuse me, I’m sorry to bother you, but I couldn’t help but overhear that you were talking about tracking wolves. And I don’t mean to be rude or anything but, you look like maybe you could use some help or something? I mean. . . you look, not used to the forest, or well, what I mean to say is, I grew up in the forest. So I could help you. Uh, I mean. Sorry, let me start again. I’m Sayuri, and if you need help, I’d be willing to help you.”

3The Last Hunt (Mission / Private / NK) Empty Re: The Last Hunt (Mission / Private / NK) Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:12 pm

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
Soft words often resonated like thunder to the wise mind.

“Excuse me, I’m sorry to bother you, but I couldn’t help but overhear that you were talking about tracking wolves. And I don’t mean to be rude or anything but, you look like maybe you could use some help or something? I mean. . . you look, not used to the forest, or well, what I mean to say is, I grew up in the forest. So I could help you. Uh, I mean. Sorry, let me start again. I’m Sayuri, and if you need help, I’d be willing to help you.”

The words from behind hanbei were like that of a mouse, prompted to turn quickly Hanbei could see that the person that was standing there didn’t seem to be much larger than herself, and probably not that much older either, though, had Hanbei to take a guess, she would say that she herself appeared to be the younger of the two, even though she knew that was likely wrong. However, while the manner in which she had heard the ninja speak was what garnered Hanbei’s attention, the idea of having help on this mission was something that Hanbei could not help but agree on … if she really knew the forest she could be an invaluable ally, plus, she was cute, which was always an added bonus. Feeling a little nervous around the girl, Hanbei would smile for the moment and look at the mission paper before handing it over, in so doing she would simultaneously explain the mission, solely to summarize what her immediate thoughts were about everything for the most part. Konoha was a brilliant village, but its ninja weren’t the smartest in the world. They fell all too often for the trap of oversimplifying a problem, and should it not be assessed correctly, they would often then over complicate it to compensate.

'Seldom was there a middle.'

"Basically, there is a rogue wolf hunting people in the forest, it’s gotten pretty strong in hunting people, it’s likely made it keen and powerful over time. But, I refuse to think that an animal in the wold in this country just decided to turn evil and attack people out of nowhere. That’s not what animals do, something must have happened to the poor thing, and I figure if we find the pack the wolf used to belong to, maybe we can find what’s driven it to attack people as a response without killing an animal as strong as it is… Powerful beasts that become like this have strong spirits, and are often guardians to the forest… I made the mistake of trying to fight one a few weeks ago… and it didn’t go well. If we just kill the wolf like the mission says, we may disrupt the flow of nature."

Having a new found respect for the life of the forest Hanbei responded. Finally finishing with a quick quip about being more than happy to accept the help of the ninja before her,. Hanbei would introduce herself in full as Hanbei Guanyin of the Guanyin clan in a slightly formal manner, not wanting to appear rude to another ninja. Drawing two of her needles, Hanbei would tie up her hair including her long tails that fell from the back of her head in plats into a bun wrapped in them, penetrating through the bun with two of her black family senbon to keep everything in place as Hanbei would take a look out in the direction of the forest. The two of them had a heading where the attacks had began from, the mission compiling the history of attacks that had been made by the wolf, the earliest of which came from north east of their location moving towards the shoreline. Out that way was an old fishing hamlet, and though they had not been attacked since their first incident, it was likely the location closest to the territory of the pack this wolf used to be in… But Hanbei didn’t know the way in the slightest…

"So, Sayuri, if you’d like to lead the way, i will happily follow you. I don’t know all the roads along here, and i feel the sooner we deal with this problem the sooner these farmers can get along with their lives and the forest can return to some relative peace. "

4The Last Hunt (Mission / Private / NK) Empty Re: The Last Hunt (Mission / Private / NK) Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Sayuri

Sayuri

D-rank
Sayuri’s eyes went wide as the young girl handed over the piece of paper and started explaining what the mission was. They were expected to kill a wolf? And what’s more the word was that a lone wolf was killing people? That didn’t sound right to her at all. She’d spent more than half her life in the forest, and plenty of that around wolves, either avoiding them or observing them, and she’d never once been scared that they were going to attack her, let alone kill her. That simply wasn’t in their nature. As with all creatures in the forest, they wanted to live out their lives in peace, and as long as they weren’t meddled with they’d leave humans well enough alone. Which to Sayuri meant there could only be one answer, someone had meddled. She looked down at the slightly torn bit of paper as the girl spoke, trying to decipher the squiggles as she went, hoping in vain that they would suddenly make sense, which of course they didn’t. With a frustrated sigh she handed the paper back to the well dressed shinobi, “You should hang on to this, I can’t read it anyway.” She hated having to admit to not being able to read, but it also did absolutely no good to let anyone think she could do something that she couldn’t either. And with that in mind she continued with her thoughts on the task at hand. “I’ve never had to deal with a lone wolf you know. In fact I’ve never even seen one. I’ve seen plenty of wolves of course, but they’re always together, you know, with their families. It just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me that a wolf would be by itself in the first place. And that it would ever kill a human. I’ve been near wolves my whole life, or close enough to it, and they’ve never hurt me. It just. . . I don’t know. It just doesn’t make sense to me. You should know though, I won’t kill it. Not unless there is really no other way, I don’t kill things. I thought it would be fair for me to tell you that before we go.” She didn’t think the other girl would have a problem with this revelation based on how she had spoken about upsetting the flow of nature.

"So, Sayuri, if you’d like to lead the way, i will happily follow you. I don’t know all the roads along here, and i feel the sooner we deal with this problem the sooner these farmers can get along with their lives and the forest can return to some relative peace. "

Sayuri nodded to the girl and after checking, again, that she had her tanto secured at her left hip and her pouch with her kunai and shuriken on her right thigh she started walking towards the market. Stopping at one of the food vendors she purchased a bag of scrap meat and tied it to her belt, and satisfied that she couldn’t think of anything else they’d need she set off into the forest.

She lead the way as best she could, trying to stick to the more well beaten paths for the sake of the other girl. Herself she would much rather be climbing over rocks and swinging through trees, but that would hardly make her a suitable travelling companion. She hummed and danced a bit as she walked along, tapping briefly on various plants and flowers, in time to the song she sang in her head. “I think this is a good idea,” she would say to the girl as she pranced along. “Trying to solve the problem without hurting the animal I mean. The wolf might be just sad, or lonely, or scared. If we can just find it’s family then we can send it home and maybe it’ll be fine again.” As she spoke she would hear the tell tale yipping in the distance of wolf cubs and she slowed her pace, holding a hand out to her companion excitedly. “I think they’re up there! Oh this is so exciting! Have you ever seen baby wolves? They’re adorable! But uh. . . don’t try to touch them. The parents don’t like that.” She would crouch down and motion for the girl to come with her as she crept along through the underbrush, beaming from ear to ear.

773/1438

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
Hanbei tilted his head quizzically to one side at hearing that the girl was not able to read, wasn’t reading in konoha taught to children from a young age? The fact there was a chuunin ninja within the village hidden in the leaves that was not able to so much as read rasied so many questions, hanbei wasn’t quite able to cope with the thought process that surrounded it, so, taking the mission scroll back and sliding it into the pouch she carried at her side she would continue with the explanation and listed to what Sayuri had to say. She seemed to have a great amount of insight when it came to the natural world that surrounded konoha, a field of expertise that Hanbei knew would be beneficial in the long run.

“I’ve never had to deal with a lone wolf you know. In fact I’ve never even seen one. I’ve seen plenty of wolves of course, but they’re always together, you know, with their families. It just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me that a wolf would be by itself in the first place. And that it would ever kill a human. I’ve been near wolves my whole life, or close enough to it, and they’ve never hurt me. It just. . . I don’t know. It just doesn’t make sense to me. You should know though, I won’t kill it. Not unless there is really no other way, I don’t kill things. I thought it would be fair for me to tell you that before we go.”

The thought that a child had been around wolves their whole life made Hanbei think, where were Sayuri’s parents? What kind of person would allow that to happen in the slightest? Though it probably said something about the illiteracy, whatever the reason, it was becoming more and more apparent that Sayuri was a unique person to say the least. A person that Hanbei would have a good time getting to know a little better. Her face would furrow as she thought about what Sayuri would have to say, while it was true that wolves were usually a pack animal, lone wolves could occur occasionally, though they didn’t tend to live very long. “You’re right, wolves don’t tend to happen very often, but I’ve heard of times when you would come across a lone one. When an Alpha is overthrown by an aspiring wolf being one of the main times, or a wolf being chased out of the pack for being sick or any number of reasons… But to even begin to look into all of that, we would need to find the pack and see what we could do. ”

Soon enough, through the forest they would wander to the point that they could hear the sound of wolf pups. Sayuri seemed distracted and excited, Hanbei’s eyes also lit up as she would follow Sayuri for a small time, catching up with her as they peered over the ridge to look at the pack and the newborns. The little faces of the pups playing was enough to melt the heart, but, taking a glance over the rest of the pack, there was no Alpha wolf in sight. There were a number of beta wolves that seemed on edge and discouraged while there seemed to be a young wolf in the midst of them all, where one would expect the alpha to be. Hanbei looked for a while, but it appeared that that young wolf was what alpha the group had… that wasn’t right. ”There’s no way that adolescent fought off an experienced alpha wolf, at least without some serious scarring, and i’m seeing not even a tarnished coat. Something here’s messed up. We should head to the vi-” Suddenly, in the distance there was an earth shattering scream, the wolves’ ears perked up, all looking in the direction it came from before they all darted back into their homes, some even fleeing the area entirely.

Hanbei would look to sayuri before nodding in affirmation and darting towards the sound as fast as he could, taking the high-ground when the road dipped suddenly. Jumping from branch to branch and tree to tree expertly before finally landing in one that overlooked a large field. In it, was a huge beast of a wolf growling and snapping at a wounded farmer that had a gash-mark on his side. The wolf in question looked marked, symbols had been shaved out of its fur and chakra could be felt radiating from them. There was something wrong with this wolf, something had been done to it…

Sayuri

Sayuri

D-rank
Sayuri was overjoyed at watching the tiny wolf pups play, rolling and tumbling over each other in the low grass and underbrush. Despite her earlier advice to the girl who she only realized now she had forgotten to ask what her name was she, desperately wanted to go over and play with the tiny balls of fur. Their playing and innocence, perfectly content to growl and snap, oblivious of any danger that might lurk because they were safe in the knowledge that their pack were watching over them brought a happy smile to her face. She knew better though, she’d made the mistake before of getting too close to wolf pups before, and been snapped at, never bitten, she wasn’t exactly threatening and she had backed off immediately, but she had made sure to never make that same mistake again. Sayuri’s thoughts were interrupted as the girl beside her spoke quietly.

”There’s no way that adolescent fought off an experienced alpha wolf, at least without some serious scarring, and i’m seeing not even a tarnished coat. Something here’s messed up. We should head to the vi-”

The scream that cut off the girl's words chilled Sayuri to the core. She looked in the direction it had sounded from, the same direction the the wolves heads had snapped to, and was already rising to her feet as the girl nodded to and took off with surprising dexterity through the trees. Sayuri followed suit, climbing and swinging through the trees, her route somewhat less graceful and conventional, due mainly to her lack of being formally trained as a shinobi. She paused at the edge of a clearing seeing a man lying in the grass, clearly wounded with a huge wolf standing over him snarling and looking as though it intended to attack him again. The wolf had strange markings in its fur, shaved it looked like, and she could feel chakra emanating from it. It was wrong, and unnatural. She knew that many strange things were possible through the use of chakra, but turning usually peaceful wolves into man eating killers didn’t seem likely to be one of them.

The distressed screams of the man and the sights of his torn open side awoke an instinct within Sayuri, and she would bolt straight towards him without a word to her companion. It was a truly foolish decision, one born of empathy and not out of any concern for her own well being or out of knowledge of strategic planning. All she knew was that the man was injured and she was not, and the best hope that she had of stopping him from being injured further was to place herself bodily between him and the snarling wolf. Perhaps the wolf was too interested in the man lying on the ground, or the sounds of his screams muffled her approach, but as luck would have it, the beast did not notice her arrival and as she slid into position between them, keeping her arms as close to her body as she could, her heart was beating so loudly she was sure that everyone as far as Konoha could hear it. This wolf was large and rage burned in it’s yellow eyes, while blood dripped from its teeth and muzzle, still upturned in a snarl.

She was careful not to stare directly into the wolf’s eyes, she didn’t want to anger it any further, she just wanted to stop it from attacking the man lying on the ground behind her. Not taking her attention away from the strangely marked and agitated wolf, she would speak in as calm a voice as she could muster to the bleeding man. “Stay calm and do not scream. I am here to help you, do not draw attention to yourself. I have another woman here to help as well. This wolf has been altered in some way, but as long as you stay quiet and still he should leave you be now.” Upon hearing her voice the wolf would growl low and menacingly, lowering its body to the ground and flattening its ears further back preparing to attack again.

In those few seconds Sayuri thought of all the pieces of herself that she could live without, and decided that if she had to give up something to this wolf that she could live without her left arm. So as it sprang at her with its jaws open wide ready to tear open her throat, she would swing her body to the right while propelling herself forward with her back foot and meet its charge, firmly lodging her left upper arm in between its powerful jaws. While she didn’t weigh very much, the force of her springing forward was enough to knock the wolf off balance and both girl and beast went tumbling over into the grass. Sayuri screamed as the wolf bit down and she came crashing down on top on the blood matted canine. She would struggle to keep it from rising, using her weight to keep it from rolling over onto its feet and her arm in its mouth from doing more lethal damage. She yelled out to her travelling companion in the hopes that she was nearby, not daring to take her eyes off the beast she was wrestling with. “I’ve got him distracted now, this was as far as my plan got! I could use some help, if you have some rope, or some other way of pinning him down, now would be a good time for it.”

938/2376

7The Last Hunt (Mission / Private / NK) Empty Re: The Last Hunt (Mission / Private / NK) Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:06 am

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
Hanbei would blink and she was gone.

Often the kind to assess and watch for some time before diving into something hanbei was taken by surprise when Sayuri decided to just storm into the middle of conflict without hesitation. Barely able to so much as stutter awkwardly at the charging ninja Hanbei would begin to make her approach slower and a little more cautiously as Sayuri flung herself into the middle of the conflict, the man that the wolf had been advancing on looking up at the ninja in disbelief as he thought he was done for. The wolf had been known to be attacking people as well as their animals and farm hands. It was getting too much, the wold had been scarred, sure signs that it had at least been attempted to be fought off by other people, whether it was before or after the attacks began was something else entirely. The farming people were beginning to gather in the distance, drawn by the scream, but hanbei and Sayuri being present meant that many of them kept their distance save for a few young men who also had the instinct to dive in and help.

As the wolf lunged Sayuri took the hit, brining the wolf to the ground as the sound of tearing flesh and the subtle scent of copper filled the air for a moment. “I’ve got him distracted now, this was as far as my plan got! I could use some help, if you have some rope, or some other way of pinning him down, now would be a good time for it.” As the words left Sayuri's lips, Hanbei was ready and waiting to spring into action, with needles in her hand she would charge at the wolf from behind silently, approaching from up wind so that the wolf would not be able to get her scent before she arrived with the intent to end this in one go. Looking for the targets on the wolf with medical sight, Hanbei would use the stark few moments to compare the wolf's body to that of a persons, Hanbei needed to target exactly the right location with the right needle. It was a good thing that the guanyin Senbon were far thinner than the senbon used by other ninja as she would find the synapse group that she was looking for.

'It would all end with a swift strike.'

Thrusting a needle in and then up, hanbei would pin a needle between the cartaedge of the spine and one of the plates and muscles, acting like a lever to put a large amount of pressure just above the neck of the wolf, temporarily cutting blood-flow and nerve function by pinching the nerves enough to paralyze the rest of the animal. Without motor function, the Wolf would slump and without blood getting to its brain, the wolf would begin to get dizzy, releasing Sayuri before falling unconsious. It was dangerous of Sayuri to be taken like that, but now, Hanbei had to work quickly with the animal. Readying his medical chakra, he would use the chakra reverse pulse on the wolf, short cuirciting the symbols that were on its body before summoning the blue needle of the guanyin in order to heal the scarring and effects on the wolf, slipping his needle free the blood and feeling to the wolves' body would be restored, but it would still remain asleep for the mean time.

Hanbei's focus them moved to sayuri!

"Oh my god! why would you do something like that!? you could have been seriously hurt you know, the wolf managed to crack a couple of your bones with its teeth and the wounds are deep on your arm. If you're going to give an animal like a dog a part of your body to use as a chew toy, you really shouldn't expose a part of you that is literally fulled with arteries, nerves and veins. As you are right now, you could bleed out! Stay there and let me fix you up before you doe... stupid..." Hanbei grumbled angrily after giving her a stern talking to, Hanbei would summon one of his healing needles with his dual-cast technique, using his actual senbon to pin the nerves so that their ends were touching before using the healing pulse needle directed at the point of impact, allowing it to heal the living tissue together and the wound in what would appear as a slightly nasty looking spot of white skin / scarring. Luckily, the wold had not taken a massive chunk out of her arm, just bit and raked a little with its teeth as they tumbled.

"There, done, let those scars be a reminder not to be so reckless. If you were on your own and did that nonsense, who's going to save you? Huh? But more importantly, this wolf, the symbols on its back are fuuinjutsu... all about B rank in strength, who out here would do that kind of thing?" Hanbei mused, but it was the bitten farmer that would answer, Hanbei had forgotten about him, using the second pulse needle he would walk to his side and administer the healing.

"I know who sent the wolf!" the farmer would begin in a start. "There's a hermit in the woods, he's been at odds with us ever since we encroached on his land. The fool wants the whole forest to himself, we tried to reason with him but he wouldn't have it. So, as we began to expand the farms towards the forest and needed to remove some trees, that wolf came out of nowhere and scarred us all off. As we kept trying it became violent... We tried to fight it off but it was too strong! Curse the old bastard!" The man swore as he stood up, Hanbei would look to Sayuri for any sign of what to do... Looking to the wolf as well, the symbols written on the wolf were faded with Hanbei's healing and the scar tissue was gone, so, even though they were tattoed, all they were now was ink, and they would fade in time.

"What do you think about this whole mess? I think we should go find that hermit... thoughts? He was obviously using some form of jutsu to control the wolf, but it's done now." Hanbei would leave the ball in her camp for the mean time, she seemed like she would be the one far more invested in seeing some kind of justice done. As they were talking the wolf began to rouse, looking confused at the people around it, but still groggy and extremely tired. It could taste blood, but, it assumed it had just eaten.

[3550 / 2500 words. Mission complete]

Sayuri

Sayuri

D-rank
Sayuri was relieved when the wolf’s body went slack and his jaw and sharp teeth loosened from her arm. At first she was terribly confused as to why it had occurred, it was certainly nothing she had done, but when she saw the girl she had travelled here with come up and begin scolding her it became abundantly clear what had transpired. Sayuri’s face quickly went as red as the blood leaving her arm, being scolded was not something that she had planned on happening to her today. She hadn’t thought at all about what might have happened to her. Well not entirely, there was that brief moment right before the wolf sprang at her, but so few things had ever attacked her before she wasn’t used to making choices like that. “The only thing I had thought at all really was that I could live without that arm if I had to. I didn’t have a lot of time, and I figured it was my arm or my neck.” Sayuri winced as the girl tended to her wounds, it was incredibly painful, not nearly as painful as when she had had her leg injured in her foolish attempt to kill Mitsuo but painful all the same. She would look in despair down at her coat, she imagined that Tsuyo would be quite upset with the state of it now, holes and blood everywhere along the sleeve. She would have to figure out a way to repair it before he saw it, she didn’t want to disappoint him at all.

Looking down at the now sleeping wolf she would reach out her uninjured arm to pet it gently, the news that someone had done this to the poor creature hurt her heart deeply and she could feel a rage building up inside her as she listened to the farmer try to pass blame onto the hermit. As far as she was concerned they were all to blame, and she turned to face the farmer with an icy stare as the girl asked for her thoughts, speaking in a low menacing voice. “I think I understand now why I was made to make that promise. You have no right to try to force your will onto to nature, neither does he. You’re both wrong. You should feel lucky that that wound is all you have. Go home to your family and don’t take what isn’t yours.” Sayuri would turn her attention back to the girl, tears now in her eyes as she fought to control her emotions only moderately successfully. “I think we should leave them to whatever hell they’ve created for themselves. The jutsu is gone now right? We can come back sometime and check, but I think at least for now no more animals are being hurt. And we should tell someone at the Village about this, it seems. . . wrong.” Sayuri would carefully get to her feet and start moving back towards Konoha with a heavy heart, wondering if making a promise not to kill anyone was the right choice after all.

{Exit Thread}

523/2899

Mission Complete 2500/2500

399 WC left over

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.