You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fūma Clan Empty Fūma Clan Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:26 am

Akusha

Akusha

D-rank
Symbol:Fūma Clan B2o9Svq

Fūma Clan FAHfQ33
Clan Name: Fūma Clan (風魔一族, Fūma Ichizoku)
Specialization: Bukijutsu  [Not Required]
Elements: /

Fūma Clan HhU72Pp
Clan History: The Fūma Clan (風魔一族, Fūma Ichizoku) is a renowned ninja clan, famous in at least Amegakure and the Land of Fire. It is unknown where they hail from. They are well-known as an aggressive clan and fight using their characteristic giant Fūma Shuriken; a large, four-bladed weapon said to possess preeminent sharpness.
Members:

• First Animal Path

Fūma Clan Y4syLuV
Kekkei Genkai Name: Wind Demon Shuriken
Kekkei Genkai Description: The name Fūma (風魔) literally means "Wind Demon" and stems from the clan specializing with the very weapon that they created themselves, the Fūma Shuriken (風魔手裏剣, Fūma Shuriken). Fūma Shuriken are large, four-bladed projectile weapon possessing pre-eminent sharpness and lethality. Members of this clan are granted a single free C Rank Fūma Shuriken or Giant Shuriken upon creation, as well as being generally more adept at wielding the large weapons.

Due to their 'Wind Demon' origins, a thrown Fūma or Giant Shuriken can be used as a returning throwing weapon, akin to a bladed boomerang, in exchange for a loss in cutting power. Due to the rotation needed to throw it, the shuriken will slice past, rather than into, obstacles; while this may reduce damage, it increases the chance of the weapon returning. The shuriken will only travel in a horseshoe-shaped arc of 10m (+10m for each rank of Strength above D) before returning. If it hits any obstacle that it cannot cut head-on, it loses its momentum and must be retrieved manually. [To gain the returning effect, it must be stated as the intention of the throw prior to being thrown or in the jutsu description].

Additionally, techniques that involve their shuriken travel at +5m/s faster than listed.

Drawbacks: Members of the Fūma clan are subjected to the following debuffs:

• The Devil You Know: Fūma Clan members take pride in their weapons and while they are traditional practitioners of shurikenjutsu, they tend to be more ignorant of anything other than a shuriken. Merchants know this, and tend to price gouge a clan member when they can. As such, clan members suffer from increased item prices for non-shuriken items (20% price increase for weapons/armor/items other than shuriken)

• The Devil You Don't: Clan members often find themselves at odds with other weapon users; their weapons are primarily used for ranged combat by tradition, yet their size also lends itself to melee combat. Unfortunately, the clan members are still not well versed in melee combat, and and lose one tier of reaction time in response to melee range combat [within 5 meters of them]

• The Price Of Fame: Because of the clan being well known, Fūma clan members have becoming somewhat arrogant of their skills in combat. As such, members of the clan are cursed with the Foolhardy negative Special Characteristic, which cannot be balanced with a positive.

Code:
    [b]Name:[/b] Foolhardy
    [b]Type:[/b] Negative
    [b]Description:[/b] This individual is incredibly overconfident in their abilities as a shinobi, to the point where they think it is almost impossible for them to lose against a foe. Because of this, shinobi with this special characteristic are unable to flee from a fight.

Last edited by Kayn on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Fūma Clan Empty Re: Fūma Clan Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:03 am

Issei

Issei

D-rank
If you want ideas for drawbacks, here's some to consider:

- Weaknesses in close combat. i.e. more damage from buki/taijutsu, techniques with a range lower than X per rank are weaker, stat debuffs in close range (reaction time/speed/perception)
- Lower endurance/strength (passive -1)
- Lower chakra pool (-15)
- Increased item prices for non-shuriken items (20% price increase for weapons/armor/items other than shuriken)
- Lower secondary element/spec (start at D-Rank) or Hesitant (element/spec)
- Required negative SCs (foolhardy, cowardice, frail, etc.)

http://www.narutosaga.com/t23427-new-organization-ninshiki#18669

3Fūma Clan Empty Re: Fūma Clan Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:53 pm

Issei

Issei

D-rank
"Additionally, techniques that involve their shuriken travel at +5m/s faster than listed OR they are able to react with + 1 tier of efficiency in relation to handling their weapons."

So are these interchangeable at any time, essentially giving them both rather than one or the other?
The latter part of that in the kkg description also directly diminishes this drawback:

"Unfortunately, the clan members are still not well versed in melee combat, and lose one tier of reaction time in response to melee range combat [within 3 meters of them]"

Plus, 3 meters is a very short range, though I know it is supposed to be a close range disadvantage, it doesn't have much weight as a drawback. So, increase the close-range combat reaction time debuff range (5 should suffice), and explain the "+1 reaction efficiency" part of the kkg more thoroughly. Do you mean they can react to other thrown shuriken more efficiently? They can react to their own shuriken more efficiently when it is returning to them?

Also, keep in mind that I watch every clan thread that I have posted in, so you don't have to post in the clan modding requests again. Bump this thread when your edits are done instead.

4Fūma Clan Empty Re: Fūma Clan Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Akusha

Akusha

D-rank
Edited.

Removed the +1 to reaction. It was mean to be a +1 when handling their weapon at any range.

Increased the range for Melee to 5m [Though, I feel the need to point out that this now equaling to a little over 16 feet away, which is typically well out the range of traditional weapon lengths. I think that puts a little more hardship on a clan who's main weapon is supposed to be able to function as both a melee and ranged weapon at times. Especially since their opponent can be literally across the room, and and they take a penalty for it]

I would prefer if I could swap out the range drawback for something else that holds the same amount of weight, but I cannot think of anything currently, so it will have to do.

5Fūma Clan Empty Re: Fūma Clan Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:15 pm

Issei

Issei

D-rank
You allowing for a returning weapon with a scaling range without the use of chakra as well as a +5 m/s for thrown shuriken warrants a 5m, one tier reaction time debuff range, simply put. If you don't like this drawback that much, message me on skype, we can talk about other suggestions or adjustments you can make to the kekkei genkai.

As far as I'm concerned, this clan is looking fine now, so it is approved.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.