You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rakurai

Rakurai

D-rank
Raku sighed as he pushed onwards through the forest. The woods outside the Village Hidden in the Clouds were huge, extending miles in many directions all the way through the valley of the mountain range that was Kaminari no Kuni. The heat was also getting to him, though it was mostly due to the fact that he always had his large white coat that hung past his knees on all the time. It might also be the fact that he was always wearing black, his pants, his shirt even though it was sleeveless the coat still prevented his arms from getting air. He had not traveled outside of the Kumogakure very often, and when he did it was usually for a mission or training. Today however was different, today was his day off and he was out here simply to explore the surrounding area and maybe if he is lucky find something that could spark his memory. It was nearly four years ago that he awoke in the Kumo hospital with no memory, they told him he was found on the side of a river, but they did not tell him the exact location. Since then the only trace of his memory he got back to him was a battle between two faceless men surrounded by a ring of fire.

Raku shook his head bringing himself back to the present, as he stepped over a nearby tree root that had sprung up above the ground. As he wiped the sweat from his face he looked around to get his bearings of where he was, he saw a rather large shadow cast over an area that was up ahead of him and went to check it out and was brought to a small clearing. Raku stepped into the center of the clearing, and his breath was taken away. Above where he stood was a humongous mountain side, which was common, however it was not the mountain side that took his breath away it was what looked to be a temple that was a part of it. The temple looked as through it was upside down, what Raku could only assume was underneath some kind of cliff or over hang. The clearing that Raku was standing in was roughly the size of the temple in width if not greater. Raku was so mesmerized by the temple he almost had not noticed the doorway size hole in the side of the mountain on the other side of the clearing. 'I wonder if that is the way to the temple' he thought to himself as he took one last look up at it before heading to the doorway. Once inside the doorway he found that the touches began to lite themselves as though he had triggered something. 'Well this could be some kind of trap or it could just be something that happens so that people can see when they come to explore' There was no real way of telling either way at this point, as the only way he would find out is to follow the stairs up and see what happens. Raku thought it over for a second before deciding he did not care about if it was a trap or not. Raku convinced himself that it was not a trap, and even if it was he was sure that he would have no problem handling it. So the young Genin set off up the stairs following, the path that lit up with the torches as the ignited, prepared for whatever he might encounter.

Binsu

Binsu

D-rank

H
is foe was just as nimble as he, unsurprisingly so, though his motions were far too rigid and resolved to be of any use in counter-offensive maneuvers. With each top-left downward swing the swordsman threw at him he’d always counter with a contrasting upward slicing guard, creating a small blind spot where the slice had originated from, whilst limiting his peripheral range of motion beyond his previous reach. The lean Sannin could have easily taken advantage of that obvious quirk, however he was more interested in training the clone’s ability to focus its brute strength on the target’s weakest points than strategic analysis. He drove another forward-pressing jab towards the stone figure, aiming for his weaker left shoulder with his blade’s edge parallel to the ground. The clone retaliated in the same fashion once more, throwing an upswinging diagonal slice to swat the incoming jab to his left side, employing just the right amount of force to thwart the blade away without compromising its own stability. Binsu would then pivot around the balls of his left foot and swiftly swing his open-edged sword slice around and back over through the clone’s now-open side. Without the space and time required to return its arm back to meet the incoming slice, the stone double took a fatal cut across the top half of it’s body, before collapsing to the ground in its own pile of rubble. The sword he had lent the clone stroke the ground hard, spewing out a sprinkle of sparks before ringing against the stone floor until it had come to a complete stop. Dust kicked up around the crumpled corpse as the rubble settled around it, and it was at that moment the Sannin finally noticed a ray of light penetrate through the darkness within which he had been training thus far. It grew brighter with time, implying that the source of the light was either growing in intensity or proximity, either case hinting towards the presence of another person within the hidden temple.

‘Those footsteps, more frequent than a casual stride, yet too heavily planted for intentional discretion,’ the swordsman thought to himself, as he now returned his Hada no ken sword to its sheath, by his left side hip, and picked the other sword up from the ground.

The footsteps grew louder and louder, a testament of the swordsman’s acute sense of hearing, as the figure had yet to reach his current location. Binsu rarely ever shared the temple with others, especially during his private training sessions. The secluded location and upside-down placement of the temple made it a perfect spot for solo training or meditation, but it wasn’t a private enclosure and anyone could visit at any time. Still, it was out of routine to find someone other than himself here at this time and day. Binsu polished off the dust from his blade’s metal before also placing it in its designated sheath, shortly before a small figure emerged from one of the hallways leading out of the hidden temple. “Why hello there,” he greeted the dark haired boy, a teenager by the looks of it, but looks were deceiving. His teal blue eyes surfed over the kid’s attire and stature, scouting his physique and trying to guess whether or not he was a shinobi here. “Don’t mind me, I was just heading out if you wanted the place to yourself,” he concluded, not really wanting to prematurely end his training session, but thinking it’d be the best course of action to avoid not only endangering the possibly frail kid, but also keeping his fighting style a secret.

621/621

Rakurai

Rakurai

D-rank
Reaching the end of the stairway and entering into the long corridor, Raku marveled at the beauty of the temple. The wind blowing through the temple was quite refreshing, compared to the heat of the forest where there was little wind. He had not planned on training today, but he would remember this place for the future to come and train. As Raku began walking down the hallway, he thought he heard the crumbling of rocks off in the distance. I really hope this place is not about to collapse with me in it he thought as he continued down the hallway following the different lit torches.

Reaching the end of the hallway he saw a open doorway, immediately upon entering the room he was greeted by a man from across the room. I guess I was not exactly quiet he thought to himself, "Hello" he called back to the man, gripping the hilt of his blade as he watched the man closely just in case he was who set the torches up too lead him here to a trap or something. The man was not much taller than Raku but he looked to be older, it was not until the man said something about leaving that Raku made the realization that it was not a trap and released his grip on the hilt. The man was probably here training Raku thought to himself remembering the crumbling noise he had heard when he first reached the hallway.

"There's no need for you to have to leave sir, I am just wandering around and stumbled on this place" Raku said doing his best not to sound rude considering the fact that he was the one who was intruding. "I did not mean to interrupt your training and I can leave so you can continue if you like," Raku paused briefly to take in a breath before he continued, "I am terribly sorry again for disturbing you, my name is Raku I am a Genin of the Hidden Cloud." Raku states as he judged the mans reaction to what he had just said. Raku had never seen the man in Kumo before, however Kumo was a very large village and considering the fact of their current location it was quite possible that this man was also from Kumo. Raku reached into his coat pocket to remove his headband to show the man that he was not lying before putting it back in his pocket, "I was just sweating a lot out there and too it off." he began to explain, then Raku noticed the hilt of the man's swords on his hip, "Are you a swordsman?" Raku asked as seeing the mans swords got him a little over excited. There were so many swordsmen in Kumo that crossing paths with one occurred on a day to day basis, however something felt different about this man. Raku could not tell if it was because of the man's teal blue eyes that seemed to pierce through him, or if it was just the fact that the heat had gotten to him. "Please forgive me I talk a lot when I get nervous, as I said I will leave if you would like me to, I was just marveling at this beautiful temple."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.