1Farm [D-rank] Empty Farm [D-rank] Mon May 15, 2017 5:53 pm

Hotaru Tachibana

Hotaru Tachibana

D-rank
Mission name: Old Mcdonald had a farm...ye ai oh
Mission rank: D
Objective: Help the farm
Reward: 70 ryo
Mission description: A farm(s) needs help on getting things back together, so help them manage the daily task as well as repair.
Mission details: When you get there you will either come across the farmer or the farmer will find you, the farm’s problems are up to you. Was it harmed by a storm? Attacked by bandits weeks ago? Or just your usual funding issues? You can decide to help repair and do the daily chores on the farm and decide the outcome of the farm.
spoiler:

2Farm [D-rank] Empty Re: Farm [D-rank] Tue May 16, 2017 2:41 am

Hotaru Tachibana

Hotaru Tachibana

D-rank
Hotaru gazed down on the mission paper once again in confusion. She had been assigned to help out one of the old village farmers McDonald, but there hadn't been any details for the mission written down. Then again, the details of the mission were pretty clear just by seeing the state of the farmhouse. She looked up from the paper to the large building in front of her. Not only was the building old and worn down, but it had been badly affected by the storm that came in last Sunday. She could already tell the old man was looking to get some help getting it back up and running, but putting in as much work as was required to fix it would take the whole day and was honestly barely worth the 70 ryo that had been promised for it. That being said, this was the first mission she had ever been assigned and going back and returning it was out of the question.

"Hey kid!" A burly old voice yelled from a distance behind her. "You're early, I didn't expect to see anyone show up for a couple more days" He continued. Hotaru spun around and saw the old man jogging up to her. "Well, it would appear your mission was pushed up among the D-ranks then" she replied. "I'm Tachibana Hotaru, it's nice meeting you" The old man smiled under his beard, showing laughing wrinkles around his eyes. "Everyone around here just calls me McDonald, so feel free yourself"

He turned to look at the big farmhouse and immediately his smile dropped. "I'm sorry this mission got handed to such a small genin such as yourself. The farmhouse needs to be repaired and spruced up as you can see and its heavy work for a little girl such as yourself. Are you sure you're up for it?" Hotaru bit her lip. This was her opportunity to back out of the mission. "I should be able to manage" She eventually smiled. "Have you got supplies ready, or will I need to do a supply run too?" She asked.

"The supplies should be inside so don't you worry about that". Hotaru smiled and nodded. "Alright, well I better get started then or I won't be finished today" McDonald gave a nod and she carried off over to the farmhouse. Inside it she found 3 buckets of red paint, 1 bucket of white paint, 3 big brushes, 1 small brush, planks, nails and a hammer as well as a saw. She started out by pulling out and sawing off the planks that had been ruined by the storm. There were surprisingly few hole in the walls, but in one place a big tree branch had snapped off and gone straight through it. Getting the branch out was the hardest part of this mission for sure as it had lodged itself in the wall from a strange angle, but after having pulled on it for 15 minutes it finally gave after.

Following that she started out the laborious task of sawing out fitting pieces of planks to replace the broken ones she had just pulled out. Not being very strong or enduring this took a good portion of the day, due to the many breaks it required, but it payed off when she got to nail the to the wall and see the holes cover up as if nothing had ever happened. She looked forward to the painting that would follow too. four buckets total should cover the entire outside of the building at least. As the holes were all finally covered up, in a surprisingly good manner too for not having been done by a handyman, she finally got started painting. Red exterior with white edges is what the old fading paint had been earlier, so she supposed it was fair she did it the same way. Before she could get started though McDonald came out with a tray and a big grin on his face. "You've been working so hard all day, won't you sit down and have a snack with me?" he asked. Hotaru that hadn't been thinking much about it felt after and realized she was indeed quite hungry.

"Yeah I can take a short break" McDonald put the tray down by a small table outside that stood surrounded by four chairs. He motioned for her to come sit down with him. "It's nice seeing such a young face out here after all this time" he mumbled. On his tray laid marmalade, scones, cheese, butter and two tall glasses of milk. "How so? Don't you have any grand-kids?" Hotaru asked curiously. She cut one of the scones open and spread a thick layer of marmalade over one of the slices before cramming the other slice on top of it. "I do, but you see my daughter moved to Suna and settled down a couple years ago and I haven't had her visit since" He spread butter on his scone and put a slice of cheese on top. "Ah I'm sorry, I hope she comes and visits soon" she replied a bit short. She didn't care much about his personal situation, but he was sweet and had offered her a snack so she had to say something when he opened up like that. "I hope so too" he mumbled.

A while later, after a nice snack with the old man she set up on working again. It was only the painting left that he wanted help with so she quickly got working. About 3 hours later she finished with a sigh. Although it being a long tough day it had been well worth the work. The farmhouse looked much better and it appeared that McDonald had been pretty lonely on his own out here. She hoped he would come in with more missions sometime so she had reason to visit again. As she stood admiring her work McDonald cam up behind her "You did a fine work on the farmhouse kid, I appreciate it" He took one of his big hands and ruffled her hair a bit "You're welcome by again anytime you'd like. I'd give you a tip, but I don't have much left on me before the next harvest comes around" Hotaru grinned. "It's alright, I'll come by if I ever find myself on this side of town again and you can treat me to some coffee instead" And so the mission ended successfully.

Words: 1078
Leftover: 478

Strength        E->E-1   (478-75)
Speed          E->E-1   (403-75)
Edurance    E->E-1   (328-75)
Endurance  E->E-2   (253-150)
Perception  E->E-1   (103-75)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.