You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Forest of Terror [Plot / Invite] Empty The Forest of Terror [Plot / Invite] Fri May 12, 2017 12:15 pm

Santaku Nariko

Santaku Nariko

D-rank
Invite: Darth Buritto

After the help of a Kiri-nin and having shaken off her chaperone-pursuers, Nariko was now wandering the forest around Kirigakure. If anything, she had successfully escaped her clan, but seemingly not really thought this part through. In her eagerness to flee, she had over-estimated her own skills, coaxing her own ego that she'd do just fine. The opposite was true.

Completely lost, heart racing and discomfort crawling all over her, she found herself in the forest with barely any light, any food and certainly no idea where she had to go. In the swelling darkness of the night, the trees, once looking lush and vibrant, had become the source of a dissonant song whispering the words of the dead. Branches looked like claws and roots like oversized, ugly toenails trying to make her trip. And to make matters worse, there were all sorts of invisible creatures freaking her out as they swarmed around her in an attempt to taste the fear she was emitting.

She loved it, deep down. The chaos of human emotion, the discord of the unusual. Even if now, her eyes were like saucers, a frown of distress upon her face, Nariko knew that this what exactly what she wanted to experience and share with the world around her. This was the sort of chaos that her clan - her father - would never permit, but made her dreams. A distorted world where nothing was as it seems. Not for spite, not for destruction, but just to tear down the fabric of reality and the boxes placed within the mind.

Taking a brief pause, Nariko halted and looked back from where she came. Darkness. Nothing but darkness. Even though she calmed her breathing, her heart refused to follow suit, but she smiled nonetheless, giggling like a little girl at her own demise. Narrowing her eyes in hopes to improve her sight, she looked around to find something she could eat but the shadows of the forest's guardians refused to reveal anything to the untrained genin she was. Her stomach growled plaintively, and she rubbed it as if to comfort it.

Somewhere in the serene quietude of the night giving passion by her beating heart, she caught the sound of skittering. Something big moved in the corner of her eyes and it wasn't exactly slow. While she couldn't see or hear what exactly it was, its presence was unmistakably nearby. She could sense it's killing intent and narrowly dodged a vicious bite, tumbling over the roots of a tree. Whatever it was, it had no intention to let its prey go, and it looked like it had eight legs. Giant spiders?

Jumping back up, she frantically dodged bite after bite, hearing the sizzling of poison dripping from its maw. And to make matters worse, she heard even more skittering legs approaching. At that point, Nariko ditched the heroism, performing the handseals required for Raigen: Raikōchū and while the spiders in the area were blinded for a brief second, she scampered away, swearing to herself about her stupid idea to have her wings sealed.

In hot pursuit, an unknown bunch of spiders chased her. Nariko didn't bother much to look back, running for her life as good as she could, occasionally tripping over a root or a rock. At some point, the spiders gave up chase, deciding that this fly wasn't worth the trouble this far from their webs, but Nariko cared little for that. Boosted by adrenaline and with the feeling things would be safer if she kept running, she created as much distance between her and the monsters as possible.

Until she ingloriously tumbled into some sort of a trap, face first into something soft and fleshy. Her body aching from the run and the fall, she played dead for a moment, listening to the crazy loud bonking of her heart in her throat until it calmed down a little. Then, she tried to sit down on her knees as good as was possible on whatever strange underground she was. Curious, and annoyed, at the wobbly underground, she created a spark of raiton to illuminate the area briefly.

Once. An ugly face, fear still visible in its eyes.

Twice. A heap of odd humanoid shapes?

Thrice. A scream of pure terrror cleaved the night air.

Chakra 140/150:

wc: 727

2The Forest of Terror [Plot / Invite] Empty Re: The Forest of Terror [Plot / Invite] Fri May 12, 2017 1:47 pm

Burittsu

Burittsu

D-rank
A nice night indeed with his new set of clothing he would miss his old ones but it was required for him to be prepared his armor shined as the moon glared down on his body making him a shining beacon of hope in the night. His mask was a unique one he wanted the maker to carve for him as it a dog with two ears and what seemed to be a smile his navy blues eyes glanced into the darkness for about an hour. Something he was looking for probably not in the physical world but mentally his mind was gone his navy blue hair danced in the breeze sitting on a branch of a tree once. The thoughts of this Anbu lingered about dancing on the waves of the darkness but flowed down the cool river of the breeze it was indeed a great night he had no problems or worries. This was his first night to himself for once with not a single soul he used to wish for those nights long ago but every time he’d grow in rank a new face with a new problem would appear. Allowing him to grow more as a person but also see the world for how twisted and messed up it really is he could never sway them away he felt obliged to help out the little people.

On his hands were a pair of black gloves each cold to the touch for a Anbu he had no weapons well any that other Anbu’s were most likely to use he himself had his hands to fight for him and the jutsu he learned. It clicked in a second as a scream was carried throughout the forest he could never have a break someone was always getting into trouble or trouble just knew how to get to Burittsu. Standing up as he grabbed his mask quickly placing it on top of his face a grin did appear underneath that mask he was happy recalling how far along he came in his life as a shinobi. Meeting so many people that helped him grow and grow into the person he is now but helping out the people that needed it felt as more than a job or civic duty it felt as if he helping himself get rid of his past. One that he clinged on with so much hate he was willing to murder those who hurt him and stop the crashing waves of anyone else who would be a target of such actions. The scream wasn’t far but it came from a precise location he only hoped no one stumbled on the burial grounds of the fallen well it was time anyway that he did cover it up.

Leaping from branch to branch in a quick matter of seconds he was like a breeze moving through the treeline calmly and smoothly not missing a single step but his body itself moved on it’s own. Even in the darkness Burittsu knows the in’s and out’s of the forest basically living out in the wild instead of his apartment but it wasn’t his anymore since he did give it away he probably should pay a visit to the loving family. He grew closer to the source of the noise but looking down on the path of the ground it had appeared to be moving which in turn was never a good sign as he saw the red beating eyes glowed through the darkness they seemed to be heading the same direction. Giving out a sigh as the beast stampede throughout the forest it was the spiders once more he let them have their last meal of the wandering ninja’s but this was a scream of a female. Speeding up quickly passing and getting ahead of the beast he quickly leaped off landing on the ground in front of them mere seconds away from the source of the screaming as he stood still with his arms crossed. The moonlight shined down upon him and the large monsters revealing themselves to the light each with fangs and legs of their own others would fear them but he lived on the island long enough to know that if you set the rules and stick to them others will follow.

“No the prey you are hunting tonight is mine go off and seek some other sort of meal. Well go on don’t sit in front of my face acting like you deserve this kill you guys had the last bunch let me get this one.”

Lifting his right arm up into the air as his hand remained open he looked at the spiders as they slowly began to back up giving some distance between the man and themselves. Slowly each began to bend their limbs ready to pounce with that he closed his hand turning into a fist as the spiders themselves pounced into the air vanishing into the trees. As they scattered around the forest to hunt for a better and larger meal with each movement the rustling of the trees occurred until they were far enough that Burittsu didn’t need to fear for the life of the girl anymore. With the moonlight shining down upon him he turned his back to look at the hole he made it was large but he did need a place to fit the bodies of those who didn’t actually deserve a proper funeral. It was indeed a pain he should kill the intruder due to the fact she might tell everyone what is being done in the forest but no one would probably cared Burittsu handled most of the smuggler missions thrown at the direction of village. No one complained as long as the smugglers didn’t enter the village and kill off and capture the children which Burittsu proved countless of times that they couldn’t get away with any crime. Scratching behind his head it seemed best to let her live.

“Hurry up and get out of that hole before I bury you in there with the dead I don’t have all day for someone to be snooping around where they aren’t supposed to be should have let the spiders kill you. Probably would have been doing me a favor.”

WC: 1044

3The Forest of Terror [Plot / Invite] Empty Re: The Forest of Terror [Plot / Invite] Fri May 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Santaku Nariko

Santaku Nariko

D-rank
Nariko still couldn't see a thing, and having taken a glimpse of a pit full corpses had her paralysed in fear. It was not so much the dead themselves that worried her, but the combination of it all: hunger, a life-threatening situation, corpses... were just wasted life, dull and boring. Useless to toy with. Empty of emotion. Useless to the likes of her, who preferred to tear down civilisation to ruins just to see how nature would reclaim it, how humans would live through it.
Yet, with the amount of corpses here, Nariko could only wonder what monster caused this. Surely not a giant squirrel. Surely not a human. What animal, what monster, buried its corpses like it was a hidden ration for the coming winter?

Appalled by the reality of death, by such a waste of possibilities, she could only gaze at the corpses  in this hidden grave, at the corpse she sat on. She grabbed her arm, as if to comforting herself that this was just a sickening genjutsu, but her mind could not and would not allow such little games right now.

From behind her, a voice spoke. Startled her. And with a jump she stood up, turned around and looked at a pitch black figure in an equally darkened environment. She snapped her fingers, a brief spark of raiton illuminating the dark and there it was: a masked individual, obviously shinobi and a higher rank than her considering he seemed to need no light to spot her. Her lip quivering, her eyes searching for a hint of familiarity. Darkness returned to cloak the brief light, to consume the individual back into the darkness of the night.

She could only stare at him for what seemed an eternity, the corpses under her now wearing the same mask as he did. As expressionless as he was. Did he kill all these people? Would he kill her too, and would she end up as boring as them? She couldn't have that. She had a mission, a promise to fulfill. Slowly, she rose to her feet, hand trembling as she took out the kunai from her pouch and held it in front of her.

"The Seven Songs will not end in death.", she whispered. She rose her chin, speaking a little louder and forcing herself to sound proud and authoritarian, even if her quivering voice failed to express as such, "You will not bury me. You will allow the music to live on, and get me out of here."

She had no idea if he was still around, for all she could hear was her beating heart and the deep breaths she tried to push back under her control.

wc 452 + 727
= 1179

4The Forest of Terror [Plot / Invite] Empty Re: The Forest of Terror [Plot / Invite] Sat May 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Burittsu

Burittsu

D-rank
It was only in reply to what he had to say that she drew a weapon and uttered a few useless words his attention was already caught as she pulled out the kunai he couldn’t take any chances. As he sighed and decided it was her time to die but before he did that information was needed from this intruder who now dared to pull out a weapon on the man that could possibly save her life. He did give out an order to get up and get out of the hole but all she did was spark a light to reveal that she was indeed in hell and that she would indeed be in her grave if it was decided to be a fitting choice. Rubbing the back of his head as this proved to be troublesome he only clapped his hands together without the need of hand signs he focused on this move especially after retrieving it from his teacher.

“Idiots these days.”

Moving the mask off his face he revealed himself to the girl but it would only last for a brief moment as his plan wasn’t to kill her just yet but to get the information he desired out of her. Gazing down at the girl he quickly spit out a grey substance fused with chakra and another form of a sticky substance aiming at the hand she used to pull out the kunai most likely that was her dominant hand in a way. If she didn’t seem scared when she pulled out the kunai she could be ready for death it was amusing as she thought she could actually defend herself in such darkness of a pit. Unable to see what was going on in front of her but one day if she lives through this experience she will recall what the darkness had in store for her.

If the sticky substance did hit its mark it would stick onto the skin and kunai trapping it in a ball like shape the substance itself was sticky enough to stick to anything else until the jutsu was undone by Burittsu himself. Sliding the mask back over his face as he indeed began to work its functions that he was always wanted to try as they did say the mask was allowed to pick up voices that was heard by its assigned personal. Giving a cough as he looked down into the pit the moon seemed to shine over them at the ideal moment lighting up the area allowing the shinobi’s to finally see each other once more. This was his first time as he gave off a chuckle but it should sound familiar to only the young girl his voice was changed due to the effects of the mask to the point it matched her voice even if it was soft and delicate it was able to duplicated. Sounding just like her with only a chuckle indeed this mask was advanced and probably the best tool he had in his arsenal well until he made use of everything else that was actually given to him. It was time for him to test out his new voice and most likely give a little scare and put some fear in the soul of the girl.

“Oh look at me I sound just like you.. This is fun now sweetie tell me what you know before you die as in who you are, who sent you, and what is your goal for your mission? Now you see too me since you’ve found this place and before I could actually use these bodies for my plan you’ve now become a threat to my plan and me. Earlier I told you to remove yourself out of the hole but you didn’t now we’re here and since you didn’t wanna come out I don’t have a choice but to assume you were sent to find something out here.”

This mask indeed was genius but it was time for him to quit messing around using her voice was fun and he only thought of all the other voices he could collect and use to throw off the enemies even those that belonged to the smugglers. In a way he found a new way to kill and slaughter his enemies in a new fashion it was a brand new hope of entertainment that he would love to use on the battlefield. He smiled underneath the mask awaiting for something amazing to happen but it would seem that would never come to be the girl was young and she probably didn’t pose a threat to anyone but he did want information none of the less. Putting his body in the way of flesh eating monsters of the forest was enough for him to come to a conclusion that at the end of the day she was still the victim. As another death this very night wouldn’t satisfy him but only put him to work in cleaning his gear of the blood he continued to look at her as his navy blue eyes studied each and every aspect of her. Thinking about it now she did say something about songs earlier now that caught his attention and he only wanted to know more and by doing that he needed to make a deal with this confused poor girl.

“How about this you tell me things that you think I need to know or you think I need hear like valid information. Like that Seven Songs you mentioned earlier what do you mean about that and I promise I will not harm you not even the slightest bit you have my word as a shinobi.”

WC:948

5The Forest of Terror [Plot / Invite] Empty Re: The Forest of Terror [Plot / Invite] Sat May 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Santaku Nariko

Santaku Nariko

D-rank
There seemed to be an awkward silence between the two before she heard him mumbling something. So he hadn't left yet? Then why wasn't he taking her out of this pit ful... full... she didn't even wanted to think about it. She waited just a little while longer, when she heard him spit? Was that jerk spitting at her now? What was wrong with that guy? She was here in the middle of... this pit, and instead of helping her he was just standing there doing nothing?

Yet, since she couldn't see what exactly was happening and her hearing was still impeded by her pounding heart, she felt too late that the spit her hand and with a, "Eeew, why the hell are you spitting? I told yo-", she realised that whatever he had been spitting had wrapped itself around her hand and kunai. With a mixture of lingering fear and rising annoyance, she tried to remove the sticky substance - to no avail. With a huff, she looked back at the general direction of where the guy had been standing, and as the moonlight illuminated the area ever so briefly, she could catch a vague glimpse of him. He had not moved an inch, indeed. In fact, he was chuckling and suddenly started to speak with a girl's voice. Her voice? She blinked in disbelief, wondering why he would copy her voice in the first place. This wasn't what she had been asking. Tsh, what a useless man he was.

He proceeded to ask her about who she was, who sent her and what her mission was, threatening her with death if she didn't give him the answers he wanted. Revealing that he was the one who dug this hole and killed the people for some sinister plot better left unrevealed, she clenched her fist and bit her lower lip in an attempt to keep the horrifying image of the corpses under her away from her conscious mind. She could not take the risk to not answer, that much was clear. In any possible way, she had no means to defend herself against him.

"My name is Nariko.", she answered, voice still trembling. She hesitated somewhat if she'd have to mention her clan, but since it would matter little to the world if she told it, she decided to give it up as well. "Nariko Santaku. I'm just trying to hide from my father, really. I'm tired of being bored, of sitting pretty and indulge his ego. So I decided to travel to Konoha." She rubbed away a running tear with her free hand, glancing at her webbed hand with a pout. This was the worst. The jerk. Why did he even web her hand, it wasn't like she was attacking. She asked him to get her out of this hell hole in the first place.

And he asked even more questions. Something useful? What did that even mean? How was she supposed to know what he found useful anyway? She barely held back an annoyed sigh. He sure was inquisitive for a mass murderer. As if it would help him to kill her. "The Seven Songs is a group made of myself and my friends.", she stated. "We'll change the world someday, that's why we'll all be travelling."

There. She hoped he was satisfied now. She had answered his questions, but was still stuck in here without so much a light, an exit or something to eat. She could feel her stomach squirm. One part in a knot by the dead, one part complaining in hunger. This was so discomforting. "Can you get me out of here now? I can't see a thing. And keep your spit with you, it's disgusting.", she frowned, wondering if he would listen to her this time now that he had all the answers. Wait. Perhaps... "P-please?"

Well, that was an awkward word to use.

wc 668 + 1179
= 1847

6The Forest of Terror [Plot / Invite] Empty Re: The Forest of Terror [Plot / Invite] Sun May 14, 2017 9:57 pm

Burittsu

Burittsu

D-rank
Nariko was the name and she did have an attitude and tongue on her even when she played nice the sense of annoyance was on the tip of her tongue and he could feel it oozing out of her each moment she breathed but his promised was kept. Raising one hand releasing the sticky syrup from around her hand freeing it and the kunai she had it began to drip and ooze off her skin quickly hitting the dead bodies underneath her foot. Keeping his promise was the main part about all this as he quickly leaned in grabbing the girl by her shirt yanking her through the air and placing her on the ground above the land. Standing over her the man could only study that she told the truth but running from family seemed to be the part that caught the most attention for him. Asking a question would probably help clear it out but it was obvious she wanted to be free and run till her body was found dead off in the wilderness.

“You want to change the world you and these so called friends well lets see how this all turns out.  In my opinion it would be an honor to recall that me and you have met after your first major exploit. No one point to stop you since you came such a long way on your own so it's good to meet the future of the shinobi.”

If her and this group was indeed the true key to turning the future of the shinobi race into something more respectable than he would leave the future in their hands his own was already bathed in blood and anger. They were to filthy to mess with history and change everything for the better without anyone asking or assuming due to his actions and history as a shinobi but all in all she was young but her words spoke true. This was a new generation instead of standing up to fight they rather live and die another day instead of dying for the beliefs all at once it was different and others might call that weak.

“Well Nariko I have plans of my own heading off to the same exact location I have a couple more things to handle around here it would be nice for you to have company on your journey it is a long destination.”

Looking at the mountain of corpse down below it was time for Burittsu himself to move on himself from these missions and grow into a more deadly warrior one that most would fear when his name was brought up. Forming multiple hand signs each corpse one by one quickly began to burn up and vanish as if it was some sort of magic trick not leaving a trace of skin or even a drop of blood behind. The hole was spotless not a spot to be seen but that with a skilled trained eye could tell something or someone belonged down there before getting removed by whoever that was the only downfall of everything. There was shinobi out there better then the next and the pattern continued until the strongest shinobi was cut down and those underneath fight for domination like wild animals.

“In all honesty if you wish you can go now on your path and do what you think is right but our paths will cross once more in the near future. And by that time maybe you will grow the ability to not fall into holes and use the things that are in your head and try using your brain to help you out when you want help instead of pulling out a kunai after falling in someone else’s hole.. But let’s get moving shall we it’s dark and you already made too much noise.”

WC: 640

7The Forest of Terror [Plot / Invite] Empty Re: The Forest of Terror [Plot / Invite] Mon May 15, 2017 6:43 am

Santaku Nariko

Santaku Nariko

D-rank
The shinobi in front of her grabber her by her shirt and lifted her up as if it was nothing, placing him right next to her. Annoyed at his ruthless approach, yet happy to finally be out of that miserable pit, she dusted off the place where he had grabbed her first before continuing to tap off any other possible besmirched spot. Filthy dead. Such a thing should never exist in the first place. Death was just a useless form of life, unable to be put to good use, unable to serve someone else. Just... needless in the world. Nariko took a quick glance at the pit of corpses, happy to finally be gone of that and involuntarily took another step away from it.

The stranger stated that it was an honour to have met him after she had run all the way to get here, but all Nariko could think off was the fact he had yet to give her his name. Even if she had no clue of what 'honour' was supposed to mean in the first place, it would do him little good if she couldn't even recall his name anyway. But hey, at least he had pulled her out of that pit, and even offered company along the road?

"Well, fine. I guess company isn't a bad thing to have, but you'll have to give me your name if you don't want me to call you something as unoriginal as 'Mass Murderer in Kiri Forest'"

To be honest, she had no clue how to reach Konoha by herself. She knew whereabouts it was and had followed the sun and stars to make her way most of the time, but here in the forest, at night, both were rather difficult to do. For all she knew, she wouldn't even end in Konoha the way she walked now. Not that it truly mattered where she ended up, but she had wanted to see the exotic regions of the Land of Fire.

When Murderer burned the corpses with a couple of handsigns, she could see the flames burn away all the corpses until nothing remained to be cloaked by darkness. The anxious feeling she suffered from necrophobia burned away along with it, but... seriously? Couldn't he have done this before she fell into the pit? And then he stated she had to use her head? Ugh. This man. Even her ditched chaperones would have cleaned this up sooner without the use of katon.

"Fine, fine. I'll just follow you to... wherever.", though she still couldn't see anything, at least she'd be able to follow him with the help of her ears now that her heart had quieted down. If anything, she could already smile a little more and decided that, corpses aside, this had been one fun, thrilling night.

[Exit]

wc 479 +1847
= 2326

Training:

Last edited by Santaku Nariko on Mon May 15, 2017 10:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Training)

8The Forest of Terror [Plot / Invite] Empty Re: The Forest of Terror [Plot / Invite] Mon May 15, 2017 11:54 am

Burittsu

Burittsu

D-rank
Well he seemed pleased but she asked for a name something that wasn’t needed and wasn’t just going to be revealed it was night and he had other important tasks to do this very night this girl he met. Could be telling lies but what was the point she already came up with a nickname but now she had to stay where she was found he just didn’t feel like taking another body with him throughout his movement in the village. Quickly getting in position it was only a push that split the distance between the both of them almost pushing her to the edge of the hole she was just rescued from within her balance itself would determine the rest. As Burittsu quickly stepped out of the light that the moon was giving escaping back into the comfort of the shadows as he began to make his way back towards the islands. He did have a lot to do this very day probably go off and sign up for a mission or two he’d only hope she’d stay out of trouble whenever he would return back to the forest. But this should let her live on her own and learn how to survive without actually needing to leave the nation for now.

“Try to stay out of trouble.”

WC: 219
Total WC: 2,851
~End Thread~

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.